Support Groups - Back In Kindergarten #28

View Full Version : Back In Kindergarten #28

FrouFrou
08-31-2007, 04:43 PM
"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.
Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......" :book2:

Please pull up a chair and join us! :gossip::cofdate:

:carrot::hug::coffee::bravo::cp::cb::flow2::flow1: :dancer::high::cheer2::woohoo::broc::cheer::yay:

FrouFrou
08-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Hello ladies...

Pretty quiet around here...anybody out there? :wave::shrug::sssh:

Thought I would go ahead and start a new thread...hoping that is all right with everyone. We were a little over 100 posts.

Hoping all is well with everyone. :hug:

Nothing much going on...did my usual 3 mile walk this morning and man was it chilly. Seemed so weird since it's been hot. Actually needed some pants on instead of shorts, brrrr. Supposed to be the same tomorrow so I will dress a little bit warmer. Of course half way into the walk I warmed up...it was just in the beginning. Came home and did my 2 mile WATP. I was sleepy after that...had breakfast and then while watching the Today show I dozed. For some reason I woke up this morning a little after 4 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep so just got up. Went to the pool and again, brrrrr. The water was COLD! But it is my last day so I braved the water and spent a couple of hours there. Until next year :cheers:

Didn't do another 3 mile walk last night but I did go ahead and do the 2 mile and the 1 mile WATP. Man...I think the 1 mile is harder than the 2...she tries to pack a lot in the 1 mile so I guess that's why...but I got a good work out for sure.

Anywho...other than that nothing much going on. Getting some laundry done and hoping to stay a wake during Jeopardy, lol.

Anyone have special plans for Labor Day?

We are just staying around the house, as usual, and getting some things done...one being some more painting. Ahh, one day it will be done and we can sit back and relax, and enjoy.

Chat with you ladies later :wave: :hug:

kappy
08-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Is a house ever really done? I mean by the time you finish the "last" room the room you completed first is by then a bit old and tired and looks dirty next to the newest room . . . Or the laundry. Thought you did it all, got it all put away and yet there is the dirty basket loaded to the brim again. It's the dirty clothes fairy, been through and found all the stuff that wasn't in the silly basket when you started the laundry.

Know what I remember about kindergarten? I was allowed to eat whatever, whenever. It wasn't until 2nd grade that the doctor pronounced me "obese" and the dieting crap started. Oh, well. Past is past! Time to learn all the things I missed earlier so I can be a thinner, healthier person for a change!

Mom2Gaby
08-31-2007, 09:54 PM
I am here Cristina!!! Thanks for the new thread. You are so good on your walking, I totally have not been consistant.

:):cheer2: Welcome Kappy!! I was heavy by the 4th grade. It is great to have you here!!

This is just a quickie. I have been busy with my car breaking down. It broke down at the pool yesterday and I called for a jump, drove the car to WINCO and it just stopped. So, I called again for a jump and they said if I jumped it again I would waive my towing, so I ended up towing it home, with my groceries. hehe......decided the car can sit for awhile I am so worn out from driving. Public transportation here I come!

Gaby just left for her 3 day weekend w/ her dad. Rach is sleeping on my bed.We might take the bus to see a movie. lol.........whatEVER....I have all the time in the world with no job.

I am sooooo close to 175. It is ok. Lets start with a new month. This month started out great and seemed to fizzle. Onward:jig:

Katy- Would love to walk together. The park??? After school starts??

HI to Jules, Sassy , Carol, Michelle, Sue!! Chat with you later!

RosieKate
08-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Cristina - thanks for starting the new thread. Did you ever post pics of your new house? I would love to see them, done or not. Those WATP videos are harder than they look, imo. I did one once w/ my support group, and I thought it was more of a workout than I initially thought it would be. Glad you got to talk to Josh...how good that must make you feel. Does he get to come home ( or to Hawaii) soon? OH, I have seen info on Weigh Down on beliefnetdotcom. I think that was the newsletter I used to receive....

Susan- you betcha...park sounds good. Is Gaby excited about kindy? Leigh got a letter today from her teacher which thrilled her. What a nice touch.

Welcome Kappy - you are right, houses really are never "done". We just finished a big (for us) remodel, and there is still lots of projects we could do...it just never ends!

Hi Carol, Sue, Jules, Michelle, and anyone else reading this.

Well, my new computer went tits up on me. Guess you get what you pay for ;) (my dad gave me the computer) The Rent-a-Geek guy didn't charge me for the house call, thank goodness. He was very nice and I will call him back to set up our wireless when I do get a computer that works. Meanwhile, DS is very bummed because he was to get the old one, but now I have to use it for awhile longer. C'est la vie....

I worked out in the yard for an hour today...got all sweaty so that counts for a workout, right? I am going to get to the gym tomorrow. Our community center closes for two weeks of maintenance after the weekend, so I have to get in while I can.

Other than that, our weekend will be uneventful. DH is working on the back yard...and that's about it. I will knit and get some exercise. Ho hum. Hope you all have a good one!

K

Mom2Gaby
09-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Cute , I never heard of a *rent a geek* Katy. Does he make house calls even if you don't have a computer?? haha...Friday dateless humor.
Gaby received a letter too from her teacher today! Rach tore it. I need to tape and copy it.
We had a wonderful teacher on the coast that use to write Dear Parents letters every week. I photo copied onto color paper and made a book of the year long letters. Still have it. I think it is the best thing a teacher can do. It gives a history of the whole 1st grade.
I don't know about Gab being excited. The teachers letter talked about reading and writing and Gaby goes " I don't know how to read and write"...she sounded so sad. Tried to exlain that she is going to learn. She will go Thursday to meet her teacher and starts on the 10th. How about Leigh? I am excited - lol ....can't wait.
Bummer about the center being closed!

had fish and veggies for dinner. I bought some more protein shake. Busy making eye and dental appts for all of us girls before I lose medical in January. I really need to get in for this knee.

anyway - off I go and watch some tv.

chat tomorrow!

suetalks
09-01-2007, 12:23 PM
Good morning...I have been up forever, but feel so darn lazy. I just can't get going. I did walk Mom's dog and fix breakfast for DH. I ate toast and 1/2 a fresh peach. It is cooler here again today, but heading for the mid 80's. I need to get out there on that bicycle..wahhh...my joints ache...wah..I am tired...(read:lazy) I need to JUST DO IT. :)

Family reunion tomorrow so I baked 14 doz. cookies...I only ate like 3 dozen. lol j/k But I have eaten too many that's for sure. I am baking a cake tonight and Mom is making deviled eggs. I just wrapped some prizes for our white elephant sale...we also play bingo for prizes. Our reunion has always been lively. I doubt we stay long since Mom is still having back pains, but she insists on going.

HI to everyone. You are all doing great. I know for a fact that I won't lose this week, but I will get back to it!!! Like right now---I AM going to ride the bike. Ciao.

Mom2Gaby
09-01-2007, 08:05 PM
hmmmm, what kind of cookies Sue? I make some real yummy oatmeal ones and there is a Pizza Express here that always has a jar of chocolate chips cookies that are to die for, totally melt in your mouth. Argh.....now I want a cookie! :) Enjoy your family reunion!!

I ate 3 slices of process cheese last night w/ toast. It was good, thought the scale might go up but it was the same.Yay,,,,,

Had some Baja Fresh for lunch, just a side salad and I nibbled off of Gab's. Went shopping for school clothes w/ her father - he was ok, he is asking if I would go back to Arkansas w/ him and Gaby to see his mother in Dec. I might, I would rather go to Hawaii though. lol

Ex put a battery in my car, he thinks that was the only problem. I guess the battery was the original (9 years old - haha) - I also need to get an oil change.

Taking Rach now to the mall......I am going to sleep soooooo good tonight!

Chat later - hugs to everyone!

Mom2Gaby
09-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Good Sunday morning !

I lost a pound FINALLY!!! Yippeeeee, took forever, huh?

Had a protein shake for breakfast and have fish and veggies on tap for later. I need to go buy some fruit to eat. I love pink grapefruit.

I miss Gaby, she comes home tomorrow. Taking the other 2 girls out for some more school shopping.

Carol, Michelle, Kappy, Jules, Sassy , Sue, Katy, and our Miss Cristina....hope you ladies are having a safe weekend!! :)

Chat later

FrouFrou
09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Happy Monday, Labor Day, Ladies!

For some reason I thought I had posted Saturday...losing my mind. Not such a great weekend anyway. Went for my walk Saturday morning...had to force myself out of bed. Came home and instead of doing my WATP I went to bed and slept most of the morning. I think it was noon when I got up, lol. Just felt run down. Of course I think it's just a virus or something because yesterday I got up, ate breakfast and before I finished it all came back up, ugh. Slept most of the day yesterday as well. Feeling a little better today...stomache feels a little weird though. But...I did get my 3 miles in this morning. Will do the WATP once I get off the computer. And...I am happy to say...all my hard work is finally paying off. I am down 3 pounds this week! Woohoo! :carrot: You don't know how happy I am about that...didn't think the scales were ever going to move!

SUSAN...wow! You are lucky your battery lasted that long. I've not had to replace mine in the three years I've had my car but DH has had to get 2 in the last few years. 1st DH had a truck that sucked the life out of them and had to get one every year...never did find out why. So did you and Rach go to the movie? What did you see? Getting closer to Gaby going to kindy! WTG on the pound! :woohoo:

KATY...ha, maybe that's why it sounded familiar, lol. I still get my believenet newsletters, just don't read them, lol. Or haven't in a while. I kind of thought it was sort of like The Joy of Weightloss by Norris Chumley. You know, I never have posted picutres yet...I did finally get some put up on photobucket I'll get the link and post them tomorrow.

KAPPY...that is the truth...it is never done! There's always something to be done around the house, and laundry to do, etc. By the way...HI & :welcome:

SUE...sounds like you guys have fun reunions! All those cookies...I would be so tempted to eat them.

Well, I better get going. V is painting our bedroom today and I have to supervise, lol! Have to do my WATP also and laundry.

Have a GREAT Monday ladies! :wave:

suetalks
09-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Cristina- So sorry for your virus. But SO happy for the weight loss. I knew with all that walking you were going to have a drop soon. (no, not a drop to the ground from tiredness....a weight drop.) :)

Hi to everyone this holiday. Hope you are having a good day.

I actually got back on track this morning. Rode the bike and ate cereal and a fresh peach for breakfast. I just hope I can stay on track this week. I didn't lose....but I didn't think I would.

Hope you are all doing great...."hi" kappy. Welcome.

Mom2Gaby
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Good Morning - yippeeeeee.

Slipped another pound down the scale! Ate some protein shake w/ banana. Wanting to get in the 160's this month!

Wow, Cristina - you were gone a long time! I thought you went to a wedding?? lol - can't keep track of you. M & I are going to a counseling session this morning. I was being a smart aleck (hard to believe, huh?? ) one day and said we needed counseling so he went ahead and arranged a session. lol.....with his pastor. argh.....so, off I go this morning for that.

Rach and I rented movies,we rented Wild Hogs.

Sue - I bought these peaches at a farmers market that were so beautiful. They were huge, pound each....lol....we all ate off of one.

Week until Kindy begins!! Getting my crayons ready.....haha

chow

Mom2Gaby
09-04-2007, 12:55 AM
Monday Evening -

Hope you all had a safe day out on the roads!

Cristina - SUPER on the 3 pounds!!! I missed it earlier , so sorry. I am very happy for you, it must feel great :) - you sooooo deserve it :)

I had chicken and rice a roni for dinner.

M (Gaby's dad) and I survived out counseling session. We learned that #1) He needs to realize I have fears of him taking Gab from me. The year he tried in the courts was the scarist. #2) I need to be more blunt in my communication w/ him. #3) We need to make time to communicate away from Gaby's ear's. That is what we learned, yay. lol.....

k - going to put my baby t o bed.

Night

Sassy_Chick
09-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Ya Ladies :wave:

I sure hope you all are doing well! Me? I'm here. lol. Nothing much going on except for work and um more work. lol BUT our vacation is the end of this month & so is our anniversary and my bday so I'm quite excited about that! (except possibly for the bday - :p lol) Knowing our vacation is coming up is the only thing that keeps me going really! lol.

We are going to TN (hopefully if we ever decide on a place to stay!!) lol. and just "getting away from it all" I do not want any phones that is for sure! (I work in a call center) :p

Well won't keep ya long just wanted to stop in and say hi and I hope you all had a very Happy Labor Day! :D

:hug:

FrouFrou
09-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Good morning, ladies!

And, thank you! :hug: I was wondering if those darn scales were ever going to move, lol.

SUE...here's to wishing you a good eating/exercise week. :cheers: You can do it! :carrot:

SUSAN...sounds like the counseling session went well. I remember M and court...we were there with you missy. :hug: WTG on the pound! :carrot:

Hiya SASSY...good to see you posting! I bet you are counting the days down to vacation.

Sorry this is kind of a quickie...came on mainly to post my exercise on the exercise thread but had to stop by and say HI.

Went for my usual 3 miles this morning and am getting ready to mow the back yard, then head to the library and Target. So, I will be back.

KATY...I didn't forget about the pictures...will do that when I get back for sure.

Have a GREAT day ladies! :hug:

carolr3639
09-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I was wondering where everyone went. I kept checking my personal posts and BIK was staying at 116. Finally I went to the posts and saw you had moved!! I don't know if I mentioned that I hurt both my wrists at separate times and they both still really hurt. Kinda depressing. Seems like it takes things like that so long to heal. Makes me feel tired, too. But I noticed others seem tired who are posting. What is that? Age? Weather? Give me some clues. ha!

Mom2Gaby
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Good Morning,

I am headed for Starbucks to get my jump start. I have had anemia Carol , main reason I am tired - plus the teens and the 5 year old......and traffic, ugh hate being stuck in traffic...also the hot weather is draining. Just basic over all tired - lol - glad you found us!

Sassy - glad you popped in we were missing you!!! :)

Cristina - Ick, wasn't that court thing a pain?? I hated that time, I was soooo stressed and I was so angry at him. His mom wants us to come back to Arkansas . I have never met her but we have emailed for 5 years. I am still thinking about it, cost $400 something round trip. woohoo on the 3 miles.....:)

k- had 1 egg and my protein drink for breakfast. Taking Rach back to the mall and Gab across town this afternoon for her doctors appt.

chat at you all later!!

Mom2Gaby
09-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Morning -

Quickie

Please pray for my 16 year old nephew and my sister's family.He went in the hospital yesterday afternoon, he overdosed and is in a coma. They are running test this morning , hs brain is swollen and if it pushes into his spine area he will die. If it doesn't , he will be a *vegetable*.......my sister believes in miracles so I will too. Also pray for all his friends,,,,there was 40/50 kids up trying to visit him last night. It was really sad to see them all upset....and tomorrow is the 1st ay of school for their grade.

thank you
susan

suetalks
09-05-2007, 11:30 PM
Susan- You got my prayers...please feel my hugs to you and your family.

carolr3639
09-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Oh, Susan, That sounds awful. But I'm with your sister in that God can do above all that we ask or think. I had one son who had a 4 wheeler accident when he was 13 and that was scary. But another son moved to FL and had an experience with drugs that changed his life. He was really bad mentally for awhile but is good now. He married a sweet girl. Praying for you nephew.

FrouFrou
09-06-2007, 04:47 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...thinking of you sweetie and sending lots of hugs your way. Also, will keep you all in my prayers...and yes, your sis is right...I too believe in miracles. Lots of hugs! :hug: :hug: :hug:

CAROL...I wonder at times if it is age, lol. For me though, I think it may be part, another part getting up at 5:20 5-6 days a week and walking three miles in the morning and then doing the 2 mile WATP. I have been trying to stay busy most of the day too so...by the end of the day I am pooped! Of course then there are the trips out with the dog, and up and down stairs all day in the laundry room, etc. I tell ya, I don't know why I am so fat as much as I move around, lol. Oh, almost forgot...when we get to around 100 posts, or a little over we usually start a new thread.

HIYA SUE, KATY, SASSY, JULES & MICHELLE :wave:

Sorry I didn't get back Tuesday when I said I would. I got busy and really ran out of time. From Tuesday to today I feel like I have been running, running, running. Finally have time to sit down and spend on the 'puter. I didn't forget Katy, lol.

Did my wally world thing today. Got a late start to the day...instead of doing my walk this morning, since it was supposed to rain, and didn't. I thought I would take the opportunity to sleep in, lol. Man, I didn't want to get up either, lol. So going to do a 3 mile walk this evening about 9'ish or so. I don't think anything is on the boob tube so...will make me sleep better. Doing so so with the eating-I hate that. I think because I lose a little I can mess up and eat anything.

Oh, question: Has anyone read the book Skinny *****? I've been reading it and let me tell ya...it is making me not want to eat or drink a lot of things! Mainly my diet coke! I have always known that it is not good for ya, but I am addicted to it. I just didn't know though to the extent of how bad it really is, or was just ignoring the facts because I wanted it. I have a 2 ltr in the kitchen, well, part of one and when that is gone I will not have anymore in the house. I am not sure what I will drink...water, for sure and tea but I am afraid of all the sweeteners. I will definitely be reading labels more and throwing some stuff out. Something I should have done a long time ago. I'm not saying I will never have another diet coke, because I know I will...I just won't keep any in the house.

Anyway...take care ladies. Have a good day! :hug:

Sassy_Chick
09-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Oh Susan, so sorry to hear about your nephew and he and your family will be in our prayers! :hug:

Cristina -- Yeah I have read that book. It was interesting, that is for sure! Your house is gorgeous and I'm completely and totally jealous! lol. But when we get our house, I know who to come to for decorating ideas! Wow! You guys did a wonderful job! :cheer2:

I'm just enjoying being off from work! Yippee! lol. I need to clean this place from top to bottom this weekend. Cleaning burns calories, right? :D lol.

We got some rain today! Not a lot but some! :rain:

Have a Great Weekend!

jules1216
09-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Sassy--I am doing a load of hubby's jean to hang out on the clothesline before leaving to run all day!!

Cristina--LOVE the house--the colors are beautiful!! Tony is coming home-I am so excited!!

Carol--WELCOME!!

SuzyQ-So sad for someone so young to be in that condition...remember my evil coworker that got away with murder due to our boss, and then she got transferred and the next boss let her get away with not doing her job too--well she got a new boss who didn't fall for the eye-batting and crying that everyone is picking on her that she really is doing soooo much work routine and she actually quit!! I feel kinda bad that I am so happy!!

Sue & Katy--Hi to you too!!

Hey whatever happenned to Michelle??

RosieKate
09-07-2007, 10:39 AM
Susan - I've been praying for your nephew...and for the rest of your family.

Cristina- Thanks so much for posting the pics of your house. I really enjoyed looking at them - you have been working so hard. I love the colors on your walls...and those beautiful hardwoods - wow. Looks like its bigger than your last house, from what I can recall. I have Skinny Rhymeswithwitch on hold at the library. I understand it basically promotes a vegan diet, but they don't get around to really calling it that until the end of the book. I have had to give up dairy, so I am halfway there, lol! I read that they are coming out with Skinny B---- in the Kitchen soon.

Jules - Re; Evil coworker..can you say "Karma"? I know what goes around comes around...why don't other people figure this out?

Sassy - Enjoy your vacation - but, you know, the house doesn't have to be that clean, lol!

Carol- glad you found us again.

Hi Michelle and anyone else reading this...

Well, the scale is not being nice this week. I am really bloated from something, probably PMS. So no ticker change - yet. Today I have to tackle the office. I just bought a new shelf and it's time to clean up all the paperwork and junk and make this place less cluttered. Plus I'm also crocheting a rug out of old cut-up tshirts, knitting a sweater, need to work on the front yard, mop the floors, yada dada. I was at a neighbor's house last night for a little cocktail hour sort-of thing. And I got THE question, you know the one SAHM's everywhere just love: " and what do you do all day?" So I told the guy, and it sounded really boring. He decided that my neighbor's prostate issues were more interesting than me, lol! sadly - THEY ARE! Maybe I need to get a job....

Mom2Gaby
09-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Good Morning -

Just checking in and I feel bad....thank you soooo much for your prayers. Please continue to pray for my sister and her family.
My nephew passed away Wednesday at 11 am, he had gone in the hospital Tuesday around 2pm.
My sister is seems strong , she is hearing from so many kids that knew her son and that seems to bring a comfort. I think we all are still absorbing the news.....funeral plans just getting made and things that keep you busy. I called my mom this morning and there was a story on him on a local station showing all the high school kids crying. .......
I am trying to get Gab ready for school on Monday - looking for glue sticks amid the other things that I feel a need to do.....anyway -
Do I even make sense?? :)
Check in when I can..........
HUgs to all.......

suetalks
09-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Susan. I am so sorry to hear about your nephew. Prayers and hugs to you and your family.

FrouFrou
09-07-2007, 04:51 PM
Hello ladies...

Hmmm, guess you can't say the "b" word...even if it is the title of a book. Not like I was calling anyone that, lol. I would hate to have the job of reading every post and editing. Anywho...

THANK YOU ladies!

SUSAN...lots of (((((HUGS)))) and prayers to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear the news. :hug: :hug: :hug:

KATY...the house is bigger, not a whole lot bigger though. I like the layout of this on much better. I definitely could see myself being vegan. Of course that would mean the whole family would have to be and they just wouldn't go for it. Maybe one day. I need to organize our office too! I've been watching Living With Ed and it has made me think about a lot of things and one of them is getting organized again! Then move on to the bigger things. Wish I could go completely go green.

JULES...like Katy said "karma". I honestly do believe in it, and what goes around comes around, etc. :woohoo: to Tony coming home! That is GREAT news for sure!

SASSY...thank you very much missy! And I hope you enjoy your time off! You need a break, always working so hard you and your hubby. Hey, how much time 'till your vacation? Bet you are counting the days! And YES...cleaning burns calories!

HIYA CAROL, SUE & MICHELLE! :wave:

Nothing much going on in my neck of the woods. I slept in this morning and felt like crap when I got up. I don't do mornings and I've said this all before. But sometimes I just want to sleep later than 5:30 darn it. I know thought if I do I feel worse than when I get up early...so why do it? :dunno: Anyway...I ran to Bed, Bath & Beyond to get some candles. They are the only place that have my wedding day scent and now they won't anymore. They had them on clearance and I bought them all, lol. So what to do when these are gone? Who knows...find another scent. :( Came home and went for my 3 mile walk...thought it was cool enough. Started out I was fine but a little into it, ick. It may be 77, cloudy with a breeze, it is humid. I kept on going though and actually did my walk in 9 minutes less than I normally do it...not bad. Also did my 2 mile WATP and now just getting laundry done.

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a good day and weekend!

RosieKate
09-07-2007, 06:44 PM
(((Susan)))- so sorry to hear about your nephew...

carolr3639
09-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Praying for your family, Susan. Does your sis have other children? I missed that. Katy, I have been a SAHM for 36 yr. and I love it! There are so many things to do. I graduated from Kansas State Univ. and had a baby that fall. Then I had another baby every other yr for 20 yr. My dh was still in school so I felt really blessed to be there with him and not have to take tests and do papers anymore. When I got out of college I said never again. ha! My dh, on the other hand, loves school.

Sassy_Chick
09-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Hey all.

Well no house cleaning, at least today. My back is KILLING me........I think its the weather. Its supposed to storm. So just taking it easy tonight........

Katy -- I'm not on vacation -- yet anyways. 3 more weeks yet and then we're off to Tennessee -- Smoky Mts. ;) No this is just my normal 4 nights off. I only work 3, 3 very long nights, but being off 4 makes up for it I suppose. lol. :hug: PMS is a pain sometimes! and SAHM's in my opinion, are the hardest working people! ;)

Jules -- Hi Girlie! How are you?? AH laundry hung on the line......I miss that. :) :hug:

Sue -- Hi Chica! :wave:

BIG :hug: Susan......

Cristina -- YVW. You guys sure did an excellent job on your house! I can only hope that DH & I can do as good when we buy our house! :D Yeah I won't over do it. My back won't let me! lol. :p Only 3 more weeks til our vacation! Oh and my in-laws told us to give DH's cousin a phone call that her hubby knows a bunch of drs, since he works for the hospital and that the drs have cabins/chalets in the mts that they would let us probably stay at for FREE! :D So DH has to give his cousin a call! FREE is a good price to me! lol.

We are very excited about "getting away" and our phones will be turned on vibrate only. I just want to get away from phones, computers, tv, everything and just enjoy time with DH that I don't get anymore. I told DH this morning when he got home from work that we are like single people, who happen to sleep in the same bed. lol. Because when I'm off its just me and my cat here. When he's off its the same, just him and the cat. lol. But he goes to his friend's house to hang out usually one night a week. I can't do that because they work while I'm off and are off when I'm working.........:rolleyes: Also I don't have a lot of friends of "my own" if you KWIM?? I mean I know they are my friends, but they are through DH, usually the wife of "his friend". There is a church across the st. from us, maybe I should attend an evening service or something to meet some folks. I could walk, so that would be exercise too. I dunno maybe I will look into something I could walk too and meet some people. Plus getting out and walking would be good for me and its going to start get cooler now, hopefully. lol.

Did you all happen to see Paula Deen on Oprah? OMG it was so funny! I'm sure it will be on again. I happened to catch it on at 1:30 a.m. so I TiVoed it so DH could see it when he got home, cuz he likes Paula Deen too. She is just a riot! lol.

Well I have rambled on long enough. lol.

Hello to everybody else out there! :wave:

Also Don't forget your Grandparents on Sept. 9th -- Grandparents Day! :D

Well I hope you all have a Great Weekend!

Mom2Gaby
09-08-2007, 01:16 AM
Good Evening -

I m not keeping up w/ anyone, so I am sorry about that. My eating has been horrible....so stressed.
Carol - my sister has a 13 year old daughter and a 10 year old son. Tonight they went to their grandmothers so my sister can have some quite time at home. I think my sister is finally hitting a wall......and realizing what is going on.....poor thing.
Can you imagine losing a child??? The worst nightmare.....
I am going to go w/ her tomorrow to sign papers at the funeral home and looking for a Monday or Tuesday service.
My daughters are at a football game tonight. My nephews school was doing a moment of silence at their game.
I am just so sad about this........he was such a beautiful child, so loved....anyway......aren't I fun person to be around??? lol

k-.......night.......

jules1216
09-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Suzy--hugs to you and your family. I can't imagine losing one of my kids.

Sassy--have fun on your trip. Sometimes working the same shift and riding with hubby to work everyday gets to me--it seems like my only quiet time is at the grocery store-but I remeber it was realy hard too when we worked different shifts. Maybe take some kind of a hobby type class on one of the days he works and you don't.

Carol--boy you must have hand your hands full with all those kids, there were days when my two were too many j/k!!

Cristina--if you don't find your Wedding Day scent anywhere and can't decide on a new one, I will check with the girl I know that makes them. I am excited about Tony coming home.

Katy--my son said the same thing about karma and how we treat others--it does seem to come back--sometimes it just takes awhile. Be a SAHM for as long as you can--I loved it. Work can be boring too!!

Well Teri is 25 weeks, has gained 7 pounds and her belly has popped out and is measuring right where it should be. My little grandboys heartbeat is strong and he is very active so everything is going good!!

FrouFrou
09-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Lots of hugs Susan...to you and your family. And yes, losing a child is the worst...it is the worst kind of loss a person could ever go thru. I am glad your sis has you there for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Jules...good to know Teri is doing well, and your grandbaby too! Bet everyone can't wait for him to arrive!

Sassy...I didn't catch the Oprah episode...used to be a fan of her, and Dr. Phil, not so much now. Besides it is on here when Jeopardy is on, lol. Can't miss my Jeopardy.

Carol...I agree, well, sort of, lol. I have been a SAHM for many years as well-with a few part-time jobs/volunteer jobs in between. There was a time I loved it, not so much now. Of course I have been searching for the perfect job for me forever so...guess I am picky, lol.

Hi Katy :wave:

Getting ready to jump in the shower once I get off here. Thought I would get on early since I will be busy later. Going to go to V's job...they are having an Open House and I have been curious to see what exactly it is he does. Not sure I want to...I may never fly again after this, lol.

Got my 3 miles in this morning thank goodness. It was supposed to rain and I am glad it didn't. It was nice and cool, felt good. But this wind does nothing for my allergies that are acting up. Also, did my 2 mile WATP and feeling pretty good. May even get some organizing done today!

Have a good weekend ladies!

Mom2Gaby
09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Morning -

Drinking my protein shake, trying to get going for the day. Went down a pound, yay.

You don't know what V does Cristina?? lol.....That struck me as being funny......

Happy to hear about Terri, Jules. I think I want another baby :dizzy:,,,,need to find a dad though.....haha

Going to Arkansas in Oct w/ Gaby. ,,,,,anyway, freezing, need to go find some sun.

Hugs to all :)

Sassy_Chick
09-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Hi Ladies.

Sleepy :yawn: and achy here. lol. I just woke up at 10 til 9!! I work nights, so on my nights off I keep my schedule, but I usually get up around 5 or 5:30 on my nights off and I did wake up at 5:30. I used the bathroom and my back was achin so I took some advil and went back to lie back down I THOUGHT for only an hour or so. HUH. I woke up and it was almost 9! WOW! But my back feels better. At least I can walk straight up now. When I woke up earlier I couldn't even stand up straight it hurt so bad. lol.

But on the good side of things we have gotten some rain. That explains my back hurting so bad and we're supposed to get more. But we desperately needed it, so that is a good thing, even if I have to ache a bit, its worth it cuz everything was so dry!

Well now talking to DH this morning after he got off of work, now he is debating whether if he wants to go to TN or not. :rolleyes: And they say women can't make up their minds! lol. But I can understand, we've been to TN loads of times, because his family is there of course and we love it there, so he kinda wants to go somewhere different. Maybe Kentucky or something.

Susan -- Yes I think losing a child is the worst. I of course don't know what its like, but my Aunt & Uncle lost their oldest when he was only 16. It was extremely difficult to say the least. Big Big :hug:

Jules -- Yeah you know I used to feel that exact same way when DH & I worked on the same shift and drove in together. But yeah it difficult working totally opposite nights. But it does make you appreciate one another a lot more. :) Yeah I thought about finding something like that to keep me occupied or maybe taking some sort of fitness class or something at the local Y or something? I could drive DH into work if I really needed the car. ;) Glad everything is going well with Teri and the baby. :)

Cristina -- Yeah I used to be a fan of Oprah's and Dr. Phil's too and I don't watch them anymore either. Just someone on my other forum mentioned about Paula Deen being on there, that is the only reason I looked for it. Paula is a nut. lol. Very funny and sweet lady. :) Hope you have fun at V's open house. WTG on the walking! I need you to motivate me! lol. I also have the WATP's dvd, well its a version of it, its not exactly WATP, but same idea. lol. I think if I started doing that, even if only 3 x's a week or something, it would help. I just get so tired from working my long shifts, but I could do it on my nights off at least.......

FrouFrou
09-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Hello ladies...

SUSAN...silly woman, lol. I do know what V does, sort of...but I guess I wanted to see, lol. Wanted to see exactly how the line and such works. He does the electrical on the nose of the plane, used to do the wing on a different plane and sometimes does on this one. It just amazes me how these things are put together. And these new ones are made of a heavy duty fiberglass...fiberglass, yikes. Seems flimsy but V said they have done crash tests and these actually hold up better than the others. So how are you feeling missy? How is your sis holding up? Lots of hugs to you all. And does little Miss Gaby start school today? I think a trip to Arkansas will be good for you guys. And it is BEAUTIFUL up there that time of year!

SASSY...being healthy and losing weight are my motivation for the walking. I don't want to be old and not be able to get around easliy, and do things for myself. Our neighbor in the last house was 83-years-old and I told V I want to be like her when I get that age. She was spry and got around good. She didn't depend on anyone...she went to an exercise class 3 days a week and I loved that about her, she was the sweetest woman. Maybe I should e-mail you on your days off and tell you to get up and walk...just pick up those feet, nice, nice, nice, lol. That's what I say to my daughter. She's a little bitty skinny thing but being skinny doesn't neccessarily make you healthy. So I get her to walk...and she started doing my 1 mile WATP...shes going to work up to the 2 pound one. But yeah, I think you would be amazed at the results you would see just from exercising 3 days a week. I know you get tired from work, I totally understand that, but when you think about your future and being healthy...wouldn't you like to feel a lot better? Okay, off of my soapbox, lol.

HI KATY, JULES, MICHELLE & SUE!

Nothing much on the agenda for today. I did get my 3 miles and 2 mile WATP in. Boy, it was chilly this morning. I love the cooler temps but...gonna have to change my time that I walk soon I think. doing some more organizing in the basement and getting laundry done.

QUESTION: Does anyone recycle? If so...any tips would be appreciated.

Take care ladies, and have good day! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
09-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Good Morning -
I am happy to hear you know what V does all day.....lol We women have to be on top of these things....
Arkansas seems far away Cristina. It must be beautiful during the fall season?? I kind of wanted to go during Halloween, that might have been fun trick/treating w/ grandma.
I haven't told the R's yet. They will have a fit because Gab gets to go everywhere.
My sister is ok, it is after the funeral that I worry about her, when everyone gets on with life. There is a vewing tonight for family and we need to take her shopping for some clothes - otherwise I think the major decisions have been made. The vocal group my nephew was a member of is going to sing......I think that will be nice.
Gaby started school this morning. I had 6 calls from the ex and the R's this morning and it was pissing me off.........I mean we are going to kindergarten!!:dancer: So, stressed.....
Gab was excited and dressed herself......grrrrrr, she looked good though once I twisted her socks around and combed her hair.

k- I better go get something to eat. I feel kind of sick with too much coffee....

chat later!

FrouFrou
09-10-2007, 02:36 PM
HIYA MS SUSAN...Halloween would be a fun time to go there. And I think grandma would love that as well. I think she will love it anytime you go. Has she seen Gaby other than in pictures? For some reason I thought you mentioned going there before but can't remember for sure. I think the R's will get over not going to AR. Gaby does get to go lots of places though doesn't she, lol? Oh well...that's life...the girls will have their chance one day.

You are right...it's always after the funeral and everyone gets on with their lives that it will hit your sis. Hope that they still call, or get with her...she will need the support. Been there, done that twice....still have hard days and it's been years.

Hope you have a good day!

Mom2Gaby
09-10-2007, 02:44 PM
No, we have never met grandma. It has been nice though to email her all these years. We had a touchy time when the court thing was going on but that has soothed over.
So, woo hoo - off to Arkansas we go.....btw Gab wants to be a pink Power Ranger for Halloween.
Tomorrow is Aloha night at the school...serving pizza and such. Gab's dad doesn't know she has been to Hawaii.....I guess I can pull out some t shirts we bought.....haha. I don't know why I am scared of him knowing, none of his business, right??
off to wait for Gab....she really needs full time K....I know I do.....:D
hugs!!:hug:

FrouFrou
09-10-2007, 03:28 PM
Yeppers Susan, you are correct...it's none of his business! Of course I can understand you feeling scared of him knowing, especially after the court fiasco. Geez, no telling what the man might do...even though, it is NONE of his business. I'm glad though that he has decided to be civil now for Gaby's sake.

Aloha night sounds fun. She is going to have so much fun in kindergarten! And speaking of kindergarten...

KATY...did little Miss Leigh start today as well? Can't remember if Gaby and Leigh are going to the same school or not. Was she excited?

Aahhh, I love seeing all the kiddies on their first day of school...of course when the kids started I expected them to be sad...instead they basically shooed me away, lol. I was the sad one...my babies are growing up, boohoo.

Okay, I am outta here ladies...

Have a good day!

carolr3639
09-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I hate to be so ignorant but who or what is V? I just started a new exercise routine called Shapely Secrets and it really wore me out. There is a thread on here about it. I think I might have picked up a virus because I have a really sore neck in the back. It usually goes away pretty quick. I sure miss my little kids........all grown up now. The youngest is 17 but there are 8 grandkids to be thankful for.

FrouFrou
09-11-2007, 02:00 AM
Carol you are not ignorant...V is my husband Vince, I just shorten it to V, lol.

Shapely Secrets sounds familiar but can't think of what it is...will have to check it out. Hope you don't have a virus.

I miss my kids being small too! Doesn't seem like they can possibly be grown up but they are. Hoping one day to have grandkids.

Hi SUSAN, KATY, JULES, SASSY, SUE & MICHELLE! :wave:

Really heading to be now, lol.

RosieKate
09-11-2007, 11:32 AM
HI Everyone!
Cristina..Leigh indeed did have her first day yesterday. She and Gab are not at the same school...darn it! That would have been fun, but her school is pretty close to ours. They feed to the same middle school and high school. The night before, as I was tucking her into bed, we were chatting about all the fun thngs she was going to do at school the next day. I casually mentioned riding the bus, and she sat upright and said "you didn't tell me I had to ride a BUS!" then proceeded to pitch little fits over the next hour about riding the bus. Well, she was right. I had neglected to discuss the bus thing with her ahead of time. My bad. I told her that if she woke up in the morning and was still scared of the bus, I would drive her, but I wanted to her to think about it and give it a try soon. In the morning, she came into the kitchen and she said "I thought about it and I decided to give it a try" And so she did and no worries :) Had a great morning.

Susan - how was G's first day? Leigh's class ended up with 16 students - yahoo! David walked both kids to the bus today...so cute. PM me if you want to get together to walk one of these mornings. HOpe you and your family are holding up well through these trying times. You are all in my prayers.

Hi To Carol, Jules, Sassy, Michelle, and Sue! Hope you are all having a good day.

I have managed to lose the bloaty PMS pounds. I am feeling a bit inactive as the gym is still closed. Now that Leigh needs assistance getting out the door to school in the morning, I am going to have to re-arrange my exercise routine. I am bummed, because I really like going to the gym early, but I just can't get back in time to get her ready. I'll have to go when she's at school, which kind of eats up all my kid-free time. I guess I should count my blessings that I have the time to do it at all and get on with it, right?

FrouFrou
09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Howdy ladies...

SUSAN...thinking of you today, and your family. :hug:

KATY...how cute Leigh sounded. That was good that she decided to ride the bus, or at least try, lol. She sounded so grown up saying that. I so miss the kids that young. Hope you get your schedule worked out. It is hard when you've had the same routine/schedule for a while and you are used to that then have to change it. Glad you lost the bloaty pms pounds! :carrot:

HI CAROL, SUE, JULES, SASSY & MICHELLE. Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Got a 4 mile walk in this morning. Not as early as usual since I had to run an errand and thought I would walk at the park. Always wanting to mix it up a bit. I know it's all walking but it is a different walk from the neighborhood and there are little hills so makes more of a work out for me. Also did my 2 mile WATP. Doing great with the water and eating so hoping for a good WI this Monday. Forgot to WI yesterday but did this morning and I am the same. I'll take that...anything is better than a gain for sure! Just gotta work harder this week. Other than that...not a lot going on.

Have a good day everyone! :hug:

carolr3639
09-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Do your kids go to school in Portland? My grandson goes somewhere in Beaverton. Just wondering.

Mom2Gaby
09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey all.....

It is tooooo hot today!

Thank you for the card Cristina! That was appreciated.

I wish the gym was open Katy. I would just take Gab to the pool there. I don't want to run across town to my mothers.

I am tired and cranky. There is road construction on every street, I swear....^%$#@%%....and the ex is in the hospital so I have been busy w/ him. He is coming home tomorrow (he had an infection- he self cats now - he can't urinate or anything.....hmmm, sorry too much info??? lol ) at 11 and he really needs to get a ride from one of his kids. I need to get the girls ready and attend the service for my nephew at 1pm. Ugh.....just don't have time for ex'!! %$#@

Carol ......yes in PDX for my daughter. I think this is the only thread where we can write V, M, L and F and have it mean something.....haha....
anyway - have to take ex some dental stuff and go to the store for some dinner things. Hope the girls get home at a decent hour - they are off with friends.

Gab needs a bath,,,,argh....

I don't look forward to tomorrow. Laidlaw has 3 buses for students to go from school to the church at no cost. I thought that was the sweetest, those poor kids......

chat later.........please pray :) Thanks

Mom2Gaby
09-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Good Morning -
Sitting here siing some protein drink, feeling stressed. Beck insisted on going to school in short - short's. I asked if she had clothes for the funeral and she gave a mumbled yes. We'll see.
I mean do I need to dress 16 and 14 year olds?? I think not. I don't care how they show up, they just need to be there. Argh.....

Katy - if you are intereted Nick's obit is in todays paper.

anyway, I need coffee.......I need a vacation in arkansas,,,haha

FrouFrou
09-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Hello chickies...

SUSAN...thinking of you and your family today. Lots of hugs and prayers :hug::hug: Sorry the ex is having a rough time...hope someone can help him. Your right...his kids need to be doing something to help him instead of him depending on you. But, it's good that you are there for him, I know he appreicates you, or at least I hope so. And no you shouldn't have to dress a 16 & 14-year-old...but sometimes I think we have to, lol. Take care today sweetie. :hug:

HIYA CAROL! & KATY, SUE, SASSY, JULES & MS MICHELLE! :wave:

Same old stuff for me, different day. Went for my 3 mile walk and did my 2 mile WATP. Going to take Ernie dog for a little walk in a few minutes. I need to get back in that habit because he loves to walk. I would take him on my walk ,or at least half of it but he's so old he wouldn't make it. Just going down the street the little way he goes, he comes back tired. But anything to keep me moving. Some days I think I could walk all day but I don't want to over do it. Anywho...

Have some laundry to get done. See ya ladies :wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Mom2Gaby
09-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Your miles walked are awesome Cristina!!!

Thanks for the warm thoughts we survived the day! I had a glass of wine at noon and after that everything went really well. haha....
My dauhters all ended up in *ballgowns* Promotions dresses.....tea dresses...whatever you wanna call them. As long as they were in the car I didn't care , until I realized Gaby's dress was ripped.....lol....whatEVER....she was happy.

Service was very hard and tomorrow the school is doing a candle light service. The R's cried the most and the loudest.....I felt bad for them and just hugged them.

I ate crackers and cheese and zukes for dinner. I am kind of messed up on my eating. Hope now I can get rested and back on track!!!

Better get - just wanted to check in.
HUGS>>>>>> :)

Sassy_Chick
09-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Hi Ladies.

Cristina -- Thanks. I know, I know......I've been told about a million and one times about exercising. lol. I just can't get motivated or stay motivated to do it. So its my own stupid fault. lol. I have lost weight before and exercised, really, honestly. lol. Just something is keeping me from doing it. I think honestly? its this stupid job making me so miserable that I don't want to do anything. My goal while I'm off on vacation is to try to look into a few different solutions to that problem.

Oh yeah and now? We're not going anywhere for vacation. lol. We decided instead to stay home and have day trips around the city that we never see because we're either sleeping or working. lol. I was like why pay for the gas to drive to another city, hotel room, to see things that we have right here in our city that we never get to see? lol. Besides I can't sleep in strange beds and our cat has abandonment issues and he's kinda weird about it so I'd feel better if we were there. I know that sounds dumb, but I know all I'd be worrying about is him while we were gone. lol.

Well take care girls and keep up the good work! :cheer2:

Mom2Gaby
09-13-2007, 02:41 PM
Good Morning -
Sassy...........you want some plane tickets to Arkansas?? lol Gab and I are going in Oct to meet her grandparents. I think seeing the sites close to home is a good idea. I don't think any of us have to go far to see the beauty of the USA.

Woke up cranky again.I thought I got enough sleep but I barked at Gab to hurry up and get ready!!! She wouldn't eat and that annoyed me. We walked to the bagel shop and I bought her bagel w/ some organic orange juice....she wouldn't eat....so I hissed "I am not buying you an ice cream cone today , so don't ask!!! "....
Poor Gab...........sheesh a meanie mom.

So, I ate the bagel and went back to bed.

FrouFrou
09-13-2007, 05:51 PM
SASSY...wasn't trying to preach, and hope it didn't come off that way. Just worry about you and your health. I do know it is hard to get started and to stay motivated...believe me, been there, done that a zillion times! But I refuse to give up so, I just keep on truckin'! And I keep coming here...I read so many inspirational stories of these ladies who lost soo much weight, some 100 pounds or so and it totally amazes me. Our own little Susan is an inspiration to me as well. Ditto what Susan said about the beauty at home.

SUSAN...hugs! Poor little Gaby, lol. She'll be okay though...kids are funny little creatures, lol. I've been calling DD that the last few days. She started drinking water again and I have never heard her burp until she started drinking the water. I've never known anyone who burps drinking it, lol. But I told her she is a funny little creature, lol. And you are NOT a mean momma. WE all get grouchy/ crabby once in a while, or at least I know I do and I take it out who ever is close to me, don't mean to but I do. They know we love them though.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Nothing much going on with me. Feeling crabby myself a little Susan, lol. Feel tired for some reason. But I did get up and get my 3 miles in and I mowed the front and back yard. Didn't get anything else done, well, except grocery shopping. Think I am going to take a nap after Jeopardy.

Sassy_Chick
09-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi Ladies.

Susan...I would love plane tickets, although I've never flown before. lol. Yeah there is a lot here that we don't get to see, so we are just going to enjoy it. :hug: I am a grump if I don't get enough sleep too.

Cristina......You didn't come off that way at all. I know you are only concerned about me and I appreciate it, truly. :) I just need something to get me going and keep me going is all. I have been there many times too and I know that if I don't have the motivation to stick with it, then its pretty pointless. But I am going to try at least. Baby steps as I've tried many times. I took a walk at work lastnight out to my car and I had parked out further than I normally do, so walking out there and back in, it was something, at least getting up and moving around. When I came home from work this morning I was tempted to go for a walk because it was so cool out, but I was soooo tired from working 13 hours. I know that isn't a good excuse, I should have at least walked 5 min. or so.

I am concerned about my health too, its just hard, its like I have a roadblock in front of me or something and I can't break through it. Its hard to describe. But I will try harder. ;)

I hope you all have a wonderful evening/night!

Mom2Gaby
09-14-2007, 02:57 PM
Good Morning you all -

I looked at my calendar and it had 165 for the months goal, haha - lets hope. Though I did see 172 for a split second.

*mumble *mumble....you can have my plane tickets Sassy....you just need to watch gaby for me...lol. I told the ex Gab might go to Arkansas, I didn't say I was going too..... He was against Gaby going by herself with M...... I need to now say I might go because *we* don't trust M totally to take care of her.....do we not have a spine!! lol :dizzy: Geez......

Gab is naughty Cristina. She won't eat breakfast, doesn't take NO for an answer and pretty much is running amok. I need to clamp down and put her through boot camp while I am home from work.

k- nothing on the exercise front. I am eating ok , I guess. My skin is dry and I need to drink more water.

better get.....chat at you all later!!!

FrouFrou
09-14-2007, 04:15 PM
HIYA LADIES! :wave:

SUSAN...well, at least Gaby is cute, lol! Bet she will love going to Arkansas. You know...I wouldn't/don't trust M either, lol. Hey 172 is good! Almost forgot...love your avatar! Your nephew is a nice looking young man, and R is a cutie!

SASSY...every little bit helps.

Nothing much going on. Haven't gotten any exercise done, yet. I don't know what I will do, maybe 2 miles on the treadmill. It is chilly out and the wind is blowing like crazy! To top it off, these darn allergies are killing me! With them acting up I definitely do not want to go outside. Claritin is not helping so may go to the doc next week to get something different. Had some errands to run this morning and now getting laundry done. Pretty much boring day for me.

Have a good weekend ladies!

carolr3639
09-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Do you ever feel like not posting anymore? Like you aren't helping anyone and what you're reading really doesn't seem to help? Sorry for the whine but I just don't feel like writing. Who's in your new avatar Susan? Guess you galls all know each other pretty well. Guess I don't fit. That's ok. I'm tired today but then I'm tired a lot.

Sassy_Chick
09-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Do you ever feel like not posting anymore? Like you aren't helping anyone and what you're reading really doesn't seem to help? Sorry for the whine but I just don't feel like writing. Who's in your new avatar Susan? Guess you galls all know each other pretty well. Guess I don't fit. That's ok. I'm tired today but then I'm tired a lot.

:hug: I think we all feel that way from time to time. At least I do. I feel that way a lot because I feel like a complete failure and these ladies are doing so well! But I keep coming back in hopes that one day it will motivate me to stay motivated! lol. Plus they all are really fine, caring ladies.

I hope you keep posting.

dawnrdh2003
09-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Hi! New here...I was invited by Mom2Gaby quite a while back but couldnt find the thread...not enough experience with the forum/diet support group/online groups thing...Kinder =)! Anyway, Im a weight watcher member... had joined in 2004 & lost 86lbs then dropped out and gained about 16 back...but have maintained there...I just never made it to "goal" the first time so as of now I have about 25 lbs to get off...and it is much harder than the first time...I think because I have less to lose and I dont feel as motivated... hating exercise, cant seem to get in gear and have a serious case of enlarged sense of appropriate portions. As for me other than weight loss...I have been married for 10 years, I have 3 children 11yo boy, 6yo boy, 1 yo girl...love 'em. I am a registered dental hygienist in Texas and really enjoy it very much. I love to be with my family and friends just doing anything really. I need to find a work out partner that has the same schedule so that we can depend on and expect much of each other =). Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Mom2Gaby
09-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I am glad you finally found us Dawn! Hope to hear more of your story and look forward to getting to know you!
Carol - I am sorry. You know I have felt that way at times. Just trying to find a place to fit in and belong. Many times I have not written and I always come back because I don't want to be on this journey by myself. There are very caring ladies here at BIK, please hang in there w/ us because we need you:) The picture is of my 16 year old daughter Rach and my nephew that just passed away. Hugs to you.....
Hi Sassy :)
Hi Miss Cristina....

My Gaby has 3 cavities,,,,,,can you believe that??? We talked about breakfast and I asked what she wanted and she said "garbage"......lol....omg- this poor little kid. I feel like a bad mom....

I am going to bed, you all hang in there!! :) Hugs to you all....

FrouFrou
09-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello ladies...

:welcome: DAWN! Looking forward to getting to know you...glad you found us and Susan invited you! The more the merrier.

CAROL...ya know...like Sassy and Susan said...I think we have all felt that way at times. Sometimes I feel like I am not contributing at all. I have actually signed it before and starting reading posts and said oh whatever! And don't bother signing out. I can't stay away for long though because I will get off track. These ladies are what keep me going. I think sometimes too I forget this is a weight loss site...think we get caught up with the everyday things...but that is part of life and part of losing weight. Just dont' leave us missy. :hug:

SUSAN...Gaby is too cute! Garbage eh? Even at that age she knows, lol. 3 cavities, yikes! Will she get fillings? Ugh, I hate going to the dentist...thanks for reminding me though. Not that I needed a reminder...my teeth are hurting, ugh. Just keep forgetting to make an appt. Maybe I am doing it on purpose, lol. ;) Like you I too don't want to be on this journey myself. You ladies mean the world to me and I don't know what I would do without ya! :hug: How's your sis holding up? I keep thinking about her.

HIYA KATY, JULES, SUE, SASSY, & MICHELLE! :wave:

I am wide awake! For some reason I woke up at 4 a.m. ugh! Couldn't go back to sleep so just got up and did some things around the house. Didn't do much though, didn't want to wak everyone. Went for my 3 mile walk and came back and did my 2 mile WATP. Feeling good about getting that done since I did that pathetic 1/2 mile yesterday. Definitely will be taking a nap later, lol. Doing some laundry now and will probably get a lot of reading done today.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!

carolr3639
09-15-2007, 11:28 AM
Out of 10 kids my 7th, a girl, had the most dental work. She was a real trooper, though, and at age 4 had about 5 cavities and never made a peep. She is a real tomboy, however, having 4 older brothers and 2 younger. The 2 oldest kids are girls, then 4 boys, a girl, 2 boys and lastly a girl. Was I ever glad the last was a girl. Not that I don't like boys but it was just nice. The girl with the cavities is now married and has a 5 mo. old baby girl .........so cute. I've been sticking with my new exercise dvds and done them every day since last Sat. Yippee!!

suetalks
09-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Afternoon ladies. Glad to see Carol and Dawn here. Hi to all my other buddies too. It is cooler here today and the wind about knocked me off the bike. I only made 1 mile, but will go back for more punishment after the housework is done. I got going late since my DS called from out West and we talked for 90 minutes. He is my baby and only boy, so nice that he still feels the need to talk to Mom occasionally. My girls were 14 and 11 when he was born, so he thought he had 3 Moms. He was telling me about the new classes and he only has until May to go..hopefully take the bar exam in July. I always feel good after talking to one of my kids...don't you guys? Especially when their lives are going good and they are happy. Just perks up my mood when I am in a funk. :carrot:
Carol, you certainly have a nice large family. My DH comes from a large one and I so enjoy being a part of their clan. I was only raised with one brother and he is deceased. Always wanted a sister, so DH's sisters are a treat. Way to go on the exercise. I am afraid I have fallen off the wagon again, but I will pick myself back up and get going soon. Just alot going on in my life right now.
Cristina, I never wake up that early and feel like getting up and doing anything. I usually just snuggle back down in bed. :) You are doing so good.
Susan, I can't even tell you the amount of dental work my son needed. Poor baby had teeth pulled at 5 and spacers between his teeth until the perm. ones came in. He had a ton of work done, and having a heart problem he had to be pre-medicated for every dentist visit. It was quite a chore. Thankfully by the time he had all perm. teeth they were in good shape and the only extractions were his wisdom teeth at 17. (Oh how I hope he is taking care of those teeth now) Hoping Miss Gaby can breeze through the fillings and have no more cavities. (BTW, I am still thinking of you and your family in this time of loss. Hugs to you all.)
Sassy, Hope you find the motivation you need to exercise. I had tons of energy and was doing great, but have lost all desire to succeed right now. I know this funk will pass in the next few weeks. I hope your vacation helps you get a "new attitude." Isn't that what we all need from time to time? I know I do. :hug:
Dawn, Welcome. Hope to get to know you better.

Hi to Jules, Michelle, Katy,...anyone else... Take care.

Mom2Gaby
09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Good Morning -

Sitting here blubbering. It is sooooo stupid. There is this guy friend that I have and we have writtin for over a year, we met a few times. He is just the sweetest and has listened to all my dribble (like you all - haha) and now he writes he will be internetless and if we want to continue talking it will have to be on phone. UGH..........I don't like change!!!! Anyway, he is only 7/8 miles away....so, if we really wanted to see each other I guess we could,,,,, :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:...

What kind of dvd Carol??? Thank you Sue - continued prayers for sister, she is having a terrible time now. I might go get her and go for a ride out to the country today.
Ya, isn't Gab the cutest Cristina??? She most certainly knows what garbage is and likes it..........*eyes roll*........she will have her teeth worked on in mid Oct.

I got a Kaiser bill today for $600.00 on all the lab and endoscopy stuff....great, huh?? I guess it isn't too bad. They had my po box address and I wasn't getting any bills.....

Had a wheat bagel w/ mustard and turkey this morning. Now that things have slowed down I need to get back on track. I did lose a pound! yahoooo.

k- back to my blubbering........lol

chat later !! :)

carolr3639
09-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Oh Susan, I still cry thinking of my mom who passed away one year ago in Aug. But it does get better. The dvds I do are Shapely Secrets. There is a thread here about it. 2 yr. ago we got my bill for $20,000 and that wasn't even the dr. who figured things out! But I'm uninsured so my DH wrote to the hospital/clinic and after some haggling they finally lowered it by half. I try to stay away from the dr. as much as possible. The kidney specialist is $400 just to walk in the door!

FrouFrou
09-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...I too feel good after talking with DS/Josh. I don't hear from him often so it is a treat for me. Glad you got to talk with your son.

SUSAN...ahh, poor Gaby...I HATE the dentist...did I say that already? Lol I am probably a bigger baby about going than the kids were when they were younger. Although, they never had to have work other than a cleaning...I always had to have soemthing done, since I was young, ugh. Hugs to your sis. I'm glad that she has you...she will need someone. I know it's the hardest after the funeral and everyone is gone...you really feel a lone then, or I did anyway. Hopefully you and the guy can get together so you don't miss your corresponding. And WTG on the pound! :woohoo:

CAROL...dr bills are horrible. There was a time where you got one bill for everything. Now, you get a dr bill, hospital, x-ray technician if you had x-rays, etc. Pretty soon the nurses will be getting a seperate bill, lol. It's actually not funny, but ridiculous and expensive.

HI DAWN, KATY, JULES, SASSY & MICHELLE :wave:

Nothing going on today. I got some much needed sleep in for sure, lol. Seems like I have to catch up on Sunday from all the early days the rest of the week. Of course I woke up this morning a little after 5, ugh! LOL Contemplated going for a 1 1/2 mile walk but sleep was more important to me, lol. Anywho...hope everyone is having a good day. Chat tomorrow-good luck with everyone's WI! :crossed:

Mom2Gaby
09-16-2007, 07:14 PM
Wassup with all these cow threads??? I am the only one insulted?? lol

You are sweet Carol. I was blubbering over my friend not being on the internet. Now I feel silly. I had a horrible day thinking about it. He said not to take it personally but how can I not??? He is my support system, I don't want to talk on the phone w/ him - lol

anyway ,,,,,,,,,thinking of having another baby.....lol,......I told my Hawaii friend and he was let out a sweet sound,,,,,,I know he would have a baby w/ me,,,,we just ummm,, need to get together. lol....whatever,,,,,I think I am bored....lol

Mom2Gaby
09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Wow,,,,,,,it is the like the morning after. What WAS I writing??? lol Ignore me, please!!

Gab got off to school with a stuffy nose. She took a bath and washed her own hair. Tried to blow her dry as much as I could. This little friend was waiting for her and Gab goes up and says "tag, you're it!".....and they giggle. Couldn't life be so simple for all of us?? haha Last I saw they were walking hand and hand down the hall to class.

Steady at 172 - just staring at the scale. I haven't seen 169 in at least 2 years so thinking that is wierd....I always get stuck so on pins and needles....

Thinking of looking into the CNA field. I wanted to do that a few years ago and I do have some time to complete the training, so it wa an idea.

Better get busy!!

Chat at you later :)

FrouFrou
09-17-2007, 02:04 PM
SUSAN...Gaby sounds so sweet...yeah, wish it was so easy like that. I bet she is just loving school, sounds like it anyway. CNA field would be good...they are always in demand, I think. My sister did that years ago, her and my SIL. They liked it and always talked about it so my Aunt thought she would give it a try...she quit after two weeks, lol.

Anywho...well at least you didn't gain...staying the same is always better than gaining! I forgot to weigh, lol. Will do it tomorrow for sure. Sometimes when I get up early I am not awake and thinking clearly. Just slip in my clothes and get ready for my walk. And if I have eaten or had anything to drink I won't weigh. So...tomorrow, lol.

Did get my 3 miles in, and 2 mile WATP. ALomst didn't...feeling lazy. Okay, so I go thru the whole neighborhood, in and out of all the cul-de-sacs, etc. And I start on my side of the street so to do the whole thing I have to walk by my house on the way back to the other side of the neighborhood. So, I get to the house and think, ugh, I don't want to walk anymore, lol. I did that one day but finished it on the treadmill which seems stupid. So that is what I thought and continued on, lol. It's 1 1/2 miles to do one side and the same on the other side...we are in the middle...okay, seems like I am babbling now, lol.

Have a great day ladies! :wave:

RosieKate
09-17-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi y'all

Cristina..naw, you're not babbling....I have a walking route that sounds similar....I try to vary it, but it goes 'round my neighborhood, up and down a bunch of hills, yada yada. The hills are good ones, and I'm glad I have my ipod, or I'd get kind of bored. Part of my route goes by the yarn shop in the village, and I have to make sure I walk when they are not open, don't take my wallet (tho' that doesn't stop me sometimes) or I just have to shut my eyes and walk by real fast, lol!

Susan- any health field is going to be good - lots of boomers are going to need health care as they get old, so lots of job ops in those fields...or so I hear. Seems like quite a few of my son's friend's moms are turning to health care professions after being SAHMS - guess there's a need and the potential for flexible hours. Another baby?! Yikes! I like holding them...but I definitely feel like I'm past my expiration date, lol! It's nice to snuggle up with a little bayb, then hand them back to the sleep-deprived parents, hee hee. I'll be a GREAT grandma :)

Now that my baby is in kindergarten, I am getting asked about what I am going to do with "all that time". I don't really have "all that time". She's home by 11, and that gives me about time to blow my nose! If I exercise and try to volunteer for one of the kids' classes, or maybe buy some groceries...that's about all I have time for. Next year, I'll figure out what to do with "all that time", lol! Finally changing my ticker...didn't want to do it whilst TOM was messing with me. I started my 20-lb sweater! I only have a little more to lose, and it will be off by the time I finish the sweater, right?....

Oh-Susan...meant to tell you I saw your nephew's obit and it was lovely. Turns out he was a student at my DH's school (tho' not one of his students)...he said everyone there was taking it hard, and that the tributes were all really nice. He will be missed by many. (((((Hugs))))) to all of your family.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you are all having a good day!

Mom2Gaby
09-17-2007, 09:23 PM
awwww, that's sweet Katy, thanks for sharing that. The kids have been so supportive from the first night up at the hospital. I felt so bad for them. I guess a group did a car wash over the weekend for the family.
Anyway - sis is doing a slow melt down. I think I am doing a melt down too. haha. I feel another iron infusion in my future. I have been so tired.

I kind of like the idea of a medical assistant someday. CNA seems like the fastest position to get into and the pay is somewhat decent.....and I don't want property management, though I like the idea of working w/ the elderly still. Makes sense to me! My mom thinks I have too many office skills to not pursue that.......but I am burned out sitting on my tush all day.....blah - blah......just thinking out loud....

You are lucky you have time to blow your nose Katy!! I don't even have time to get out the parking lot before I have to turn around and pick the Gabster up again,,,,,hahahaha.....I really think Gab needs more...I know I do.....lol

k- hope that jabber helped motivate you all on your weight loss journey.....hehe

ta ta

FrouFrou
09-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Hello ladies...

I hear ya about that Katy. If I walk at the mall I try to go before the stores open or I will end up spending some money, lol. But I do like the neighborhood, it definitely is not flat, lol. WTG at almost being at your 20 lb goal! So close...

The thing with being a secretary Susan is it can go in many directions. Why not check into the medical side of it? I can understand though sitting on your tush all day...I don't like to either. But, if someone were to pay me to do it, I would, lol!

Didn't walk today, yet. I do plan on getting in a mile or 2 on the treadmill, and I mowed the front yard so...that will be it for the day. I am changing my walking schedule, providing my body lets me. When I don't get up at 5:30 and walk I feel icky the rest of the day so we will see how that goes. My plan is to walk 3 miles on M-W-F & Sat plus do the 2 mile WATP. On Tues & Thurs divide the mowing up and walk just a mile or 2. Like I said...we will see how that goes. I'm going to have to do something anyway because the weather is going to be cold soon. Anyway...

Almost forgot, I am down another pound! :woohoo: I am so close to the 180's I can taste it!

Take care ladies and have a good day!

RosieKate
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Cristina - that's great news! You'll be in the 180s before you know it. When I first met you on the boards, I think we were both - ahem- not in one-derland, kwim....now look at us :) WTG

Well, I did a little more than blow my nose today. I had a 9am hair appointment, so I walked there and back - about 50 minutes of walking. Then picked up DD and the carpool kiddo. DD and I ate lunch, read stories, and vegged/tried to nap. I'll walk the kids up to piano lessons this afternoon for another 20 minutes of walking. I woke up too early, so I am feeling a bit run down.

Hi Susan, Sassy, Jules, Michelle, Carol, Sue and everyone else!

Sassy_Chick
09-19-2007, 01:19 AM
Christina/Katy -- May I ask you two how much total weight you both lost? I think your doing great! :cheer2: You girls are sure an inspiration. :)

RosieKate
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Good morning, everyone!

A busy one for me...off to massage therapist, then p/u girls, Costco, library, soccer....yeesh I'm tired just writing it all down! DH has to work late, so it's probably going to be mac n cheese for dinner when we get back from soccer practice.

Hey Sass - thanks for the compliment. My wl has been sooo slow; it sure does help to remind myself of where I've been and that there has been progress, even though it doesn't fell like it on most days ( months, years :dizzy:) Six years ago, I weighed in at 245 on the day I gave birth to my daughter. I'm at 180 now with a goal of 150. My ticker reflects my starting weight when I began the research study last November.

Have a great day everyone!

FrouFrou
09-19-2007, 12:02 PM
'Morning ladies...

KATY...yeppers, and I must say if I had kept up with the weight loss I would be at or below goal, lol. I swear I have lost the same 10 pounds over and over and over! Reading your posts I am wondering why anyone would ask what you paln to do with your time now that Leigh is in school, lol. How does Leigh like kindergarten? WTG on the walking by the way!

SASSY...my highest weight was 220. I lost about 40 pounds when DH#1 passed away, not intentional...just couldn't eat. I got down in the 170's thru the years after that and felt fine with my body. Then I met V got pregnant, lost the baby and turned to food. Got up to 213-216 and have been struggling with my weight since, that was in 2000. But I refuse to give up. I do good and lose some and then get lazy and gain it back, lose it, gain, it, etc. I've been doing that for a while now and don't want to anymore. I know I will never be this tiny little thing or weigh what I weighed before marriage #1 but I will get to a healthier weight and that is my main goal, to be healthy.

HIYA SUSAN, SUE, MICHELLE, JULES, & CAROL :wave:

Decided to go to the park for my walk today. I think getting up early is finally getting to me. I will continue with the walking but at a later time, lol. So 3 miles there and my 2 mile WATP for me today. Yesterday I did get in a 2 mile walk on the treadmill, glad I did that.

Doing some cleaning on the basement after I get off the computer and laundry of course, pretty boring day for me today. :)

Have a good day ladies!

Mom2Gaby
09-19-2007, 03:04 PM
:congrat: on the weight loss Cristina!:cheer2: That is super, helps motivate me to keep plugging away.

You still doing the research thing Katy?? How is that going . :cheer2: Congrats on your weight loss too :)

I am just doing a quickie. I am excited about girl scouts!! Going to sign Gaby up.....whether she wants to or not - haha......

anyway - I am tired. I will write more later.

Hello to all you ladies! If you are MIA - come check in w/ us!!!

Sassy_Chick
09-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Thanks for sharing your stories, Katy and Cristina, you both are doing great, as are all of you ladies. ;)

I have been implimenting small things, like getting up more often at work, making better food selections, eating less, etc.

But I do want to share something: DH got an extremely wonderful job opportunity and if he gets it, it will change both of our lives. Its nothing major, but it would involve a small move, but I think that change is what both of us needs. Just my opinion mind you, but that is what I think. So don't want to get my hopes up too high, but keeping my fingers crossed for sure!

Have a Great Morning Ladies and at 5:01 a.m. I begin my vacation! WOO-HOO! :dancer:

Hi To Everybody MIA: Jules, Michelle, and anybody else!!! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
09-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Good Morning All You Wonderful Weight Loss Warriors!!!

mmmmmm, wow - too much coffee....haha

Cross fingers on the job opportunity Sassy! Hope it all works out for you guys, a new start is good. The only think I have to offer that might help is to eat every small portions every4/5 hours. I noticed that has helped me to stay stable and not get too hungry.

Ok, I didn't follow that myself this morning. I ate too many breads. I blame the venti for that because I like to dunk.I will just watch what I eat the rest of the day.

Katy - you doing girl scouts for L?

better get - time is ticking before I have to get Gab from school.

FrouFrou
09-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Thank you Susan, & Sassy! :hug:

Susan...girl scouts eh? I think Gaby will love it! DD was for a while, she had fun! Well, she was actually a brownie. Mmmmm, brownies sound good right now, lol.

Sassy...keeping my fingers crossed as well for the job. :crossed: :lucky: Wtg on making small changes...it's a start, and a good one. Every little thing you do will help you in the long run. :hug: Have a fun vacation!

HiYa Katy, Jules, Sue & Michelle! :wave: Hoping all is well with you ladies, espeically you Michelle...you've been MIA too long missy!

Went and did the wally world thing, ugh. Too many people there for some reason. Usually notice the older people out and about close to the first of the month. Anyway, mowed the backyard and then walked on the treadmill. That's about all I have. Wedding this weekend so will be gone until Sunday evening or Monday, not sure.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day! Have a GREAT weekend as well!

Mom2Gaby
09-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Whose wedding are you going to Cristina? I hate when you are gone away for so long - lol . Ugh.....

I have been eating too much today. I don't feel good, tired. Picked up gab and took her home for lunch. Laid on the couch for awhile until Gab's carrying on started to annoy me. She cried and cried about going to the park. It is too cold and I am too tired....besides her father is coming in the evening to take her out for play. .....blah - blah.....you would think I was 80 years old.

k - slinking back to my couch.... :)

Sassy_Chick
09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Hola Chicas!!!!!!

Well I'm officially on Vacation! Woo-Hoo! :dancer: The girl who releived me this morning was late. I was supposed to leave at 5 a.m., she comes in at 4 a.m., 4 came and went, 4:30 came and went, no call, nothing. 5 a.m. she calls in saying that she is late, my co-worker who took the call, said, "you think?" lol. So she got there at 5:30. So I had to stay a 1/2 hour later, no biggie. ;)

Oh and my Uncle sent my DH the info for him to apply for the job, etc and he also called DH telling him that he knows of a few jobs that I could apply for too, if DH gets the job! :D So that eases my worry about "where will I be working?" lol. At least its an opportunity so I'm not worrying so much. lol.

I told DH this morning after I got off of work, maybe this was meant to be. My mom is struggling and she may be losing her job, so if DH gets this job and I get a job there too and we move down there, then my mom's worries are over, she can move in with us and take her time looking for a job. If for some reason DH does not get the job and we don't move, she can move in with us up here in OH. I just think it would be better if we move down there, because that is where my mom has lived for many, many, many years, so she is comfortable there. (where I was born/raised) But I don't want to get my hopes up too much..........

Anyways, Have a Great Night ladies!

FrouFrou
09-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Howdy ladies...

Have a little bit of time before we leave so thought I would say a quick Hi!

SUSAN...V's nephew is getting married. I've only met him/them once, not even sure why we are going. In the 9 years we've been together we've seen them once, at V's moms funeral. They only send a Christmas card if I send one...there's no communication/correspondence at all on their part even though the SIL has family a few blocks from where we lived before we moved, and they visit them often, lol. Apparently this has been an issue with his family since before I met V. They would come down for 2 weeks for Christmas to spend with her family and see V's mom about 1 hour. Anyway...somewhere to go I guess, lol. Cheer up missy! That's an order! You sound down :( :hug:

SASSY...well, I do hope that DH gets the job. :crossed: Sounds like it would be a good deal for all of you. Enjoy your vacation!

Okay, I've sepnt way too much time on here and need to get going. We are leaving at 12:30...it's only about a 4-4 1/2 hour drive.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies! :hug:

Mom2Gaby
09-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Hi All,

lol - funny Cristina on why you are even going to the wedding. I am sure getting out for a long drive will be fun. I always munch though in the car.

I feel better, not sure what the problem is - maybe it is sinking in that I have no job (???)- lol....I feel useless.... *wah. I remind myself that I am a mother and that is the most important thing in the whole wide world so no sense in feeling useless. blah - blah.

Yippeeee, Sassy! Vacation time! Sure you will have a super time.

Sue, thoughts of you and your mother.

Katy - any special plans for the weekend???

We miss you Jules, Michelle & Carol.

I am having a good eating day. I had oatmeal and 1/2 a bagel for breakfast. I had chili for lunch.....fish and veggies for dinner . I also have some peaches and apples I am eating for snacks.

Today was picture day for Gaby.I think she is doing really well so far. Her father wants to enroll her in some after school program, I think that will be good for her. She can ride the bus there , have lunch and continue her day for a few extra hours.

ok, adios amigo's!!! WI day is Monday for me.....have to moooove that scale. Want to kick the dang thing right now!! lol

suetalks
09-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Just a quick post. Mom did not have the surgery today on her back and won't be having it anytime soon. We rushed her by ambulance to the ER yesterday morning, found out it wasn't a heart attack, (the good news) Her heart Dr. has given us some things to ponder, not good news. Her family Dr. is still running tests today and she might come home tomorrow. I just got home from there as she was worn out and I wanted her to sleep. We are all worn out, but doing as okay as we can.
She is facing heart surgery within the next month or so....I will know more after another consult.
Her poor Baby is lost without her here.........gotta go walk her.
Thanks for your prayers and good wishes..please continue.

Mom2Gaby
09-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Good Morning -

Many prayers for your mother, Sue and for your whole family. I can imagine how tiring it is when a loved one is ill. Hang in there and rest as much as you can.

It is Saturday morning and just getting started for the day. A long ride out to the pumpkin patch sounds like fun - I just would like the girls to go with me. Course the mall is always on their agenda.

Need to get Gab's hair brushed, she is protesting and we have stalled long enough.

Saw a flicker of 171 on the scale..!! close - maybe by Monday. I can't believe this is taking so long to lose. I guess it is true the older you get the harder it is to lose (????) . Plus all the yo - yoing in my life - figured I have lost just over 300 pounds since I was 25....lol - geepers. Anyway - onward, right?

You all have a super Saturday!

Sassy_Chick
09-22-2007, 08:07 PM
Hi Ladies! :wave:

Sue, BIG BIG :hug: we are keeping you and your mom, and your family in our prayers.......:hug:

Cristina -- Thanks. We decided to just stay at home and enjoy our own city that we never get to see because of working our odd hours and now working opposite days. Plus our kitty has issues--lol and also I cannot sleep well in a strange bed. Have a good time at your Nephew's Wedding. :hug:

Susan -- Big :hug: You are not useless, being a mommy is the hardest job and the very most important job in the world! :hug:

I have my Pumpkin Pie Yankee Candle Tart burning and all it is doing is making me want Pumpkin Pie! lol. But its okay, I have NO car and can't make it, because well i don't have the pumpkin, so at least I can smell it and dream, that doesn't have any calories! lol.

Speaking of Calories.........Could I ask you fine ladies what it is your drinking? I try to of course drink as much water as possible, but sometimes I want something other than that and I'm totally addicted to Mt. Dew and not the Diet.......(I know BAD.....:() I try to only drink it at work -- to stay awake :tired: but if its in the apt, I will drink it. Guess I should just leave it at work or just buy just enough for work and that is it. But I would like to "kick the habit" I've tried sooooooo many times too. Its as bad as the eating healthy thing/exercising, maybe even worse! lol. I've tried Coke Zero, its okay, I can drink it, I've tried the Diet Pepsi Max, its okay, not really a Pepsi fan. My FIL likes Diet Rite but I don't, but I do know they have all kinds of new flavors, maybe I can try. I've even tried Diet Sierra, because I do like Sierra, it was gross. :p Maybe I just need to keep trying new stuff. DH drinks the Crystal Lite Tea and loves it. I don't like Crystal Lite. He also likes Diet Dr. Pepper, which I'm told is the very best diet drink out there, and that may be, but I can't stand Dr. Pepper! lol. :p I've tried Diet Mt. Dew too and its yucko. :p Guess I am just very finicky. lol. My Mama should have named me Morris. :lol:

Well I suppose I have rambled on long enough!

We miss you fine ladies MIA......Jules, Michelle & Carol.........:hug:

Take care and have a great evening and Weekend! :)

Mom2Gaby
09-22-2007, 11:50 PM
awwww, thank you Sassy! I will try and believe I am of some use somewhere. I love my kids, they mean everything to me.

I must say Mt Dew is evil!! lol....I use to drink a lot of diet squirt but kicked that habit......... I will drink some diet coke but mainly drink water or my coffee in the morning. How is the vacation going???

Sue - many prayers for you.

I think I will go home and snuggle with the kitty Momo. Gab is at her fathers.

Night all !!!

suetalks
09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
Good morning...The sun is shining and it is pretty out there with some leaves falling and blowing in the air. Still warm, thank goodness.
Mom got to come home last evening, although she is still weak. Heart Dr. said she could come home if she stayed down and rested. We have to see him in a few days. She is a very sick lady in need of heart surgery. Thank you for keeping her/us in your prayers. We will take one day at a time.

Sassy- Enjoy your time off. I drink the Wal Mart peach tea which is the same as Crystal Light. I love the WM brand. The Crystal Light raspberry tea is good too. Other than that I drink decaf coffee and once in awhile a decaf soda of some sort. I don't care for diet, so just drink little. But the diet AW root beer or Barq's is very good.
Susan- I am sure the 171 is coming. :) I think I went back up close to 170 again. After 166...boo hoo. I can't even worry about it right now. Some people can't eat when they are stressed and some EAT. I used to not eat when I smoked, but now I just stuff myself.
I am going to go out and try to ride the bike for a few minutes...
Thank you all........

Mom2Gaby
09-23-2007, 02:56 PM
Good Morning -

HUGS Sue, keeping your family in prayers.

I know.Some stressful events can keep some from eating , I eat though. It brings comfort to me until you realize one day you are 50 pounds overweight - lol

The only time I didn't eat was when I went though my first divorce and I got done to 128. I looked horrible and felt even worse.

So, I weighed this morning and it hit 171!! woo hoo......changing my ticker before it goes back up. haha. If I get real serious this week I hope to get it to 169 by the end of the month. Anyway, that is my own personal challenge to light some fire under my butt.

Need to go to the craft store and get some things to decorate Gab's shoe box tonight. We are always last minute :(. She will come home from her fathers at 5pm, so I have some *me* time.

anyway - hugs to all!! :)

Sassy_Chick
09-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Its awful hot here for it being officially fall, its 90 degrees! Phew! Where is our fall weather? lol.

Well DH bought some glue on his way home from work this morning, but he couldn't fix my glasses. :cry: He said we could try taking them to the guy who repaired them before -- they completely fell apart before this and he fixed them so this should be easy! Just so I don't have to wear these ugly glasses. :p

Only thing is I don't know how long it will take him to fix them and we're supposed to go out with friends tomorrow night, for my bday and I don't want to be wearing these ugly things. I know that sounds stupid, but I don't. lol. If I only knew where my contacts were. I had two boxes of disposables and I never did find them when we moved here. So I guess its in a box that we didn't have room for and is either in our closet or in storage. I think later I'm going to see if I can find them.......

Susan -- Yes Mt. Dew is evil. :devil: I've quit drinking it so many times I lost count and I always go back to it..........:tantrum: I just got to put my mind to it and just kick :kickcan: the habit for good! lol. Aw I miss snuggling with my kitty. :( (he passed away in March of this yr.) The one we have left isn't a cuddler, only when he wants too and that usually is when we are in bed asleep. lol. :congrat: on hitting 171! :cheer: I haven't been that weight in a long time. :p lol.

Sue -- Glad to hear that your mom is home, we will continue to keep her and you and your family in our prayers. My DH drinks that too, the Walmart Brand Crystal Lite, he says it tastes the same and it is a lot cheaper! lol. I just don't like it. Have to keep trying I guess. ;)

Hi to everybody out there MIA........we miss you!

I hope you all are enjoying your Sunday Evening!

Mom2Gaby
09-23-2007, 10:34 PM
omg - Sassy....90 degrees? Where do you live?? Sounds too hot for me. I think we reached 70 here in Portland.
Your husband sounds like a sweetie.
My first husband use to fix my glasses. I thought he was so smart - lol I used my coverage on contacts but wish I used it on actual glasses, contacts hurt my eyes.

Had a good day. Enjoyed 2 hours working on Gab's shoe box, it is awesome if I do say so myself. I feel so crafty, total stage mom......lol. Gaby is so cool,love her to death.

2 weeks to Arkansas, I guess Grandma is excited getting the house ready for our visit. How sweet.

I don't think I have been 170 in a year , Sassy. It has been a long 2 years since I have seen 150.

k - chickies!!! Wishing you all a great night.

RosieKate
09-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Just a quick "hi" and to say nighty-night!

Sue - my prayers are going out to your mother..hope she is resting comfortably and that she feels better soon.

Susan- L is not doing girl scouts--yet. She is trying to play soccer, but can't decide if she's in or out. I think the games are taking a bit of getting used to for her ( "what do you mean I can't make all the goals myself?") I figured if she was going to get into GS it would be later on.... but who knows? I don't think any of her friends are into it as yet.

Sassy - have a happy vacay.....

It's been soccer-palooza this weekend. L had her first soccer game. She lasted about 5 minutes, then sat down in the middel of the field and screamed "I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE! I CAN'T PLAY SOCCER" and that was all she wrote for that game. Now, she's reconsidering as she wants her grandma to come watch her. Then DS had a game on Saturday, then an all day tournament today. We are all bushed. So I'm going to bed.

Don't let the bed bugs bite, chickies!

Sassy_Chick
09-24-2007, 05:09 AM
Good Morning Ladies. :wave:

Well soon my DH will be home and we can spend some time together other than saying, "Luv u going to bed" or "luv u going to work" lol.

Tonight we are going out with friends to celebrate my bday, I just hope I can either get my old glasses fixed temporarily or find my contacts before then! lol.

Susan -- I am in Southwest, Ohio, if you can believe it! lol The weather here has been insane! One week it is nice and cool, then we get 90 degree weather like now! I am ready for the fall weather, where is it? lol. I love my glasses (the ones that broke, not these old ugly ones) lol but I would gladly take a pair of contacts if I can find them! lol. Glad you had a good day. My mil is a very crafty woman too. She did a lot of our decorations and favors for our wedding. :) I haven't seen 150 in a long, long, long time.........but I will someday, that is my Goal Weight......I am too ashamed to post my current weight. :( I know we are here for support and everybody has been just fabulous, but my weight is something I'm very private about, only my dr and my DH knows and I honestly don't even think my DH knows exactly. lol.

Hey Katy!! :wave: Thanks.......:) Wow you have been in soccer-palooza! I hope you get your rest! ;)

Hi to everybody else out there! :wave:

Have a Great Week Everyone!

Mom2Gaby
09-24-2007, 02:32 PM
Good Morning -

:bday2:Happy Birthday Sassy!!!!! Go celebrate!! :) :celebrate::celebrate:

So cute about L, Katy. Gaby wouldn't have survived soccer, she can't walk a block without wanting to be carried. Can you believe she made it to the top of Mult Falls once but we had to stop every few feet and I only got her moving again when I lied and said "I see a dog!"....haha The school sent out a flyer on GS last week, I guess it starts at 5 years old - also there was a flyer about basketball but she is signed up for Oct swimming lessons.

WOW , on Ohio - who would have thought 90 degree weather in late Sept?? Have you always lived there Sassy?? No man has ever known my weight unless there was a D R in front of his name. I am very proud of the decorated shoe box. I need to let Gab do more though we had the *deluxe version* after I saw some of the other childrens. I felt..........bad. lol argh.....

Sue - Hugs and prayers for you and the family today :)

I had oatmeal this morning. My teeth hurt, I need to get into the dentist. I couldn't get to bed until 3am, I was so miserable. Of course I had too much time to think and that was torture - lol.
Anyway, as soon as I got to sleep we had to wake back up and get Gaby to school. She was very naughty, that is all I will say about her.

We MISS you Jules! We MISS you Michelle!! We MISS you Carol!! :comp::callme:
We MISS you Cristina - hope you had a safe trip. :bike:

k- hugs to all!!

Sassy_Chick
09-25-2007, 03:56 AM
TY Susan!!!! :D

I had a great day, hot :sunny: but great. It got up to 96 (F)!!!! :yikes: I think I lost 20 lbs from sweating! lol. We went out to dinner with friends and my friend gave me a really nice lotion and bath set, which is just what I love......;)

Well thats all for now, will post more later.......

Take Care!!!

FrouFrou
09-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Hello ladies...

SUE...lots of hugs to your mom and your family. :hug: Remember when v's mom had heart surgery, keeping you all in my prayers.

SUSAN...you know...I feel that way at times. But you and Sassy are right...being a mom is the hardest job and the best one anyone could ever have. So what is this decorated box? Did I miss something...what is it for? Made me think of valentine's day when I was younger...we decorated either a shoebox or an oatmeal container to put our valentine's in, lol. Oh man...you will be in AR at a beautiful time of year! All I can say is WOW! With all the trees up there...it is so pretty. Yeah, not sure why we went to the wedding either...just an excuse to get away, lol. Not that we need one...it was nice though. Weddings always bring tears to my eyes...not sure if it is tears of joy, lol! Just kidding...glad the scale was good to you! :bravo:

SASSY...hoping you and DH are enjoying your vacation! I drink mostly water now. I am trying to quit diet coke...said I was a few weeks back but it is proving to be harder than I anticipated. I have cut back drastically though to 2 a day and drink water during the day and have iced tea for dinner.

KATY...I miss the kids being in soccer...always on the go. I was picturing little L in the middle of the field, lol, so cute! The kids also palyed t-ball, little league etc...and this one little boy on DD's t-ball team refused to out, lol. He ran to third base and the kid was there so he starting running around the base so he couldn't get him out, lol. IT was soooo cute! I told V we should go watch some kids games.

Anywho...Hiya JULES, CAROL & MICHELLE!

Nothing much going on today. Haven't exercised today...plan on getting in 2 miles on the treadmill though. It is mighty chilly outdoors today...the high is supposed to be 71 but with the wind, it is cold out there.

Went and got our tags for our vehicles, they were due by the end of the month. And I needed to change our address since we are in a different county. Usually have a county tag and the year tag for the plates but V has vet tags and I have a personalized we didn't have to change that. Ran to the library as well to take some books back that were due and just finished poilishing my nails...a pretty black, lol. I actually bought it for halloween but like it so thought why wait, lol. On halloween I am going to polish them orange and black, wear a witch's hat that is black and has orange trim, and wear some black and orange tights with I don't know what yet, lol. I have to sit out on the porch to give out candy so thought I would dress up. Should be fun.

Anyway...V is taking me to Olive Garden later...like I need to eat out again. I was surprised with WI and am only up a pound...was scared it would be more so I will take that pound. It will be gone next WI for sure.

Take care ladies and have a good day! :wave:

Mom2Gaby
09-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Good Morning!

Sue - Thinking of you!!:hug::hug:

Cristina! - Happy to see you back! I looked on the web yesterday at Yellville, and it looks beautiful. I think the population is 2000, looks like a cute little town. We fly into Little Rock though and I am not looking forward to the 140 mile drive. Gab will be going out of her mind.:tantrum:
The decorated box is to take to school and hold their books that they bring home once a week.
Cool on the black nails!!! lol
mmmm, Olive Garden....:hun:

Sassy - I am glad you had a good birthday!! Way too hot! Is it going to cool down soon?? It feels so nice here at *70.

I have tons of laundry to catch up on, it all piles in the hallway corner. Argh.

I met goal!! Yippeeee :congrat::cheer2::encore: I should be more excited but I am just tired of the whole thing - lol I need an attitude adjustment and maybe the next 20 will go fast.....hmm, I guess I should exercise??? :woops::trampo::swim::ebike: haha........I will,,,,,it is on my to do list!!! :dizzy:

anywho - Gab was horrid this morning. Didn't want to go to school, she wanted to go to the park. We finally made it and she was happy to run off with her friends. She siad she was still mad at me. WhatEVER,,,,

k- better get busy!

FrouFrou
09-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Wouldn't it be fun to be 5 again Susan? Gaby is a cute little thing for sure. Hey, who wouldn't rather go to the park? I would, lol. AR trip is so close...at least you will be getting away...and it's a nice ride from little rock.

Knowing what ya mean about tired of the whole thing! Some days I just want to quit and go back to eating whatever and not ever exercising, lol. Of course I do enjoy walking. But some days it is such the hassle. Anyway...I probably should get going and go walk...pick up those feet, nice, nice, nice, lol...yeah, whatever. My allergies are bothering me to the point I want to go to bed. The only thing that seems to help right now is Benedryl and it knocks me out...wanna sleep, zzzzzzzz

Mom2Gaby
09-25-2007, 03:20 PM
YES!! Lets be done with this losing weight thing Cristiana!!! ARGH....I wanna be 150 already with a Friday night date, a job and children that mind!:tantrum:
haha
It is my sisters birthday. Pray for her ok?? She is having a hard time and can't get her children back in school.

chat later!!

tommysgirl18
09-26-2007, 01:30 AM
hello ladies.....do you have room for one more?

luckycharm
09-26-2007, 02:43 AM
:wave:

Hi everyone, popping in to say a quick hi,

I'll try and pop back in tomorrow.

RosieKate
09-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey Mindee - welcome to our little corner of the world! What a cute pic of your family...

Susan- L has been rough going in the morning...doesn't want to get moving, but has a great time once she's out the door. The knitting blog has a pic of L playing soccer for one brief shining moment, lol! She swears she's going to play this week...very determined to do it - I'm proud of her for giving it another chance, but if it's really just not for her this year, that's ok, too

Kathy - Hi girl! How are you! Whatcha been up to?

Sassy - Hope you had a great bday.....

Cristina - Welcome back! Olive Garden sounds yummy...I could eat their bread sticks for-evah

I'll bbl for more chat...going to go to the gym...yay!

FrouFrou
09-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Hello ladies...

HIYA MINDEE...we always have room for another! Love the new avatar!

SASSY...hope you are enjoying your vacation.

KATY...glad L is going to give soccer another chance...she sounds so adorable. I too could eat the breadsticks forever. I actually did good yesterday and didn't finish my dinner and only had two!

SUSAN...I will keep your sis in my prayers. Yeah, I am ready to just quit! But I won't...we will just keep on keeping on.

SUE...thinking of you and your mom.

HI KATHY...hope to see more of you.

Nothing much going on. Chat later ladies...hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

Mom2Gaby
09-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Afternoon -

I hate this MAC because I can't use smilies.

WELCOME Mindee to the side of insanity - haha. It is nice to see you here and agree that you have a wonderful looking family. They sure do grow up fast!

Kathy - How are you??? Been forever!!! :) Come back and give us all an update.

Katy- L is a doll. What kind of film do you use? Looks so colorful - Fuji? Sure, once they get out the door they are fine - lol Just want to shove her out in her pj's, so naughty and what an attitude. Hanging out with the teens too much. Gab's hair didn't get brushed this morning and we were both glaring at each other but once she sees the school in sight she totally changes.

Cristina - How are you feeling? What did you have at Olive Garden?? I had the Tour of Italy the one and only time I have gone to eat there. The bread sticks were sooooo good........ We can complain about wanting to quit but we won't....lol....just drags at times.

Busy day with the ex. Went w/ him to the hospital - news is he has a blockage and will have to have surgery....at the moment he CATH"s 4 times a day. ......I mean not right at this *moment*..haha.....whatEVER....

Took forever to fall asleep last night. I saw 169.8 on the scale before it went back up to 170......*wah. I think I have become a bum because I didn't want to shower this morning - put sweats and a t-shirt on and took Gab to school.

k - that is my update!

Hi to Sassy, Sue (and prayers for your mother! :) ) , Jules, Michelle, and Carol!

tommysgirl18
09-27-2007, 01:27 AM
thanks for the nice welcome ladies!

Kathy~ How are you doing?

Katy~ Thanks for the nice comment about the picture. Time is flying by so quickly....that it usually does take candid pictures like the one there now to get a recent shot of every one!

Cristina~ Thanks! I love your Halloweeny themed stuff! I am really looking forward to Halloween with the kids! Although, not sure how it is going to work out that well, since Tommy is started yet another new job. (the one he was working at let him go because he didn't hit production for the day. How stupid is that? so Thursday and Friday, he will be on day shift training, and then on Monday he will start the afternoon shift, yet again! This time from 4:30pm to 3:30am.)

Susan~ I have to agree on them growing so quickly! I can't believe that I have an almost 3 1/2 year old, an almost 2 year old, and an almost 6 month old! It just doesn't seem real to me! LOL My goodness you have had a lot on your plate!

nothing really new on our end....except for having to get used to another job...like I mentioned to Cristina.

jules1216
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Real quick pop in to say HI!! Dealing with migranes and allergies and new BIFOCAL glasses!!

Teri is fine--the boy is growing and VERY active!! She has three months to go and still is fitting into some of her stretchy low waist jeans.

BBL when I can catch up on individuals!!

Mom2Gaby
09-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Now that Jules has posted , lets start a new thread. lol ......

Please STOP and POST at Back In Kindergarten #29!!! :scooter: