SBD Frequently Asked Questions - Help With Yogurt

View Full Version : Help With Yogurt

bkstitch
08-31-2007, 09:54 AM
I am having trouble finding a yogurt with no sugar. Blue Bunny does not make lite 85 anymore. They have Blue Bunny no sugar added, but then you turn and look at the label and it has 7 under sugar. I have looked at the rest of them too and they all have sugar. Which one should I get? I do like yogurt mixed with berries and fiber one, but I don't want to be eating the wrong yogurt.:?:

Suzanne 3FC
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
The sugar is natural milk sugar, and they all have it. Buy the no sugar added kind, and you're fine :)

JerseyGyrl
08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
Dannon Light & Fit Sugar & Carb control yogurt is made with Splenda and contains 2 gr sugar per serving:)

beachgal
08-31-2007, 03:11 PM
You can be totally safe if you eat plain yogurt and mix it with SF syrups or jams/jellies. I got disgusted with all the extra stuff they were putting in yogurt (like glycerin!) and started doing this a couple years ago. This way, I can eat organic yogurt, too! :T

Suzanne is totally right--there's no need to check the sugar grams on the yogurt, just the ingredients. Look for things that end in -ose (i.e. fructose, dextrose, etc.), "high fructose corn syrup", sugar, corn syrup, etc. Also look for fruit purees...if there's a lot of fruit, you may find that it causes cravings.

Glad you asked! :D

KO
09-10-2007, 11:29 PM
One thing I really liked for Ph 2 was greek yogurt with some No Sugar added fruit spread like polaner all fruit. Even the FF greek yogurt tastes sinful and this way you control what you put in