LA Weight Loss - Shopping for a bridesmaid dress - not so bad this time around

living the lifestyle
08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Well,

My cousin is getting married in November, so I went to order my bridesmaid dress today. We had gone a couple of months ago to try on and look at the different styles. I think David's Bridal dresses must run small, because I had already lost some weight and could barely get into a size 20. Well, today, I had no trouble fitting into an 18 & the top was actually too big. I am so happy that I was able to go down a whole dress size in 2 months. Plus, I probably would of had to get at least a 22, maybe a 24 if I hadn't lost any weight. While I wanted to be in a 16 for the wedding, I'm very happy to be down to this size (I never thought I would be happy to be in an 18). Just wanted to share and pose this question.

Do you have a specific story when you were trying on/buying something specific and remember being able to get a smaller size? Maybe some encouraging stories will help us all. I can't weight until I can fit into a single digit size!

P.S. Less than 3 pounds until under 200!!!!!!! I am sooo excited:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:
Kathryn

bradleys mom
08-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I dont have a trying on story, But this should be close enough! My wedding dress (from more than 2 years ago) is too big for me now...

I havent been in the 240's in over 3 years! I know that happy feeling Kathryn! I almost cried when I saw the scale go down to 249!

living the lifestyle
08-30-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm with you Kimberly. When the scale went from 210 to 209 I was so excited to be in "single" digits.

bahamadream10
08-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I hear you I felt like doing cartwheels when the scale went below 150 for the first time in years!!!!

JLem311
08-31-2007, 09:00 AM
i was trying on jeans last month and was shocked that i was in a size 16 (non stretch!) jeans! i took 18's into the fitting room with me and they were too baggy. also, being able to buy junior's size tank tops and size XL or L shirts. i still keep looking for 1X or 2X shirts and size 18 or 20 jeans and have to remember that i'm not that size anymore. :)

awesome job on the bridesmaid dress! and for almost being below 200!

Repo girl
08-31-2007, 09:37 AM
I used to pull my jeans out of the laundry and be confused as to whose stack to put them in, then remember, DUH! Those are mine! I have had similar experiences with bras. The girls have shrunk a lot. The other day, I pulled a black tank top out of my drawer to wear under something else. After I put it on, I noticed how high the neck was, and that it was a little short. I took it off and checked the tag. It belongs to my 7 year old son. I put it back on a wore it proudly. My DH thinks that I am crazy!

Mama Nicole
08-31-2007, 10:43 AM
I would have done the same darn thing Katie :)