100 lb. Club - Changing my weigh in date!

View Full Version : Changing my weigh in date!

TempleBody
08-30-2007, 08:02 PM
I've become obsessed with weighing myself lately. I saw that a few people weigh in once a month so that's what I'm going to do too. I'm going to commit to the next two months September and October and only weigh in once in each one. Yesterday, I weighed in at 262 and that's it. Sept. 30 and October 31st I'm weighing in. If that doesn't help, I dunno... I just am too obsessed with the scale!! :(

Robin41
08-30-2007, 09:22 PM
I'd sleep with my scale if my husband would scoot over.

A month seems like a long time to me because I like to know where I stand all the time. I like to know what works and what doesn't and to me, anyway, that is determined primarily by the scale.

I also know that it's a lot harder for me to stay on the straight and narrow when I don't have the scale waiting for me. I need the accountability.

I wish you luck with it but there's nothing wrong with once a week either; lots of chicks do that.

xFLUFFYx
08-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Hi Temple,
I'm certainly far from being an expert in anything regarding weightloss, I am learning along with many on here but in saying that, I used to visit here quite often before joining and read many peoples postings regarding their weigh-ins. One of the main reasons for deciding that that I was only going to weigh-in twice a month when I started my own journey, was because of the many fluctuations I had read about from other members who weighed in daily, and even from those that weighed weekly, and the frustration, sadness and stress that it caused these members.
Dieting is hard so I sat down and asked myself "do I want to make it harder upon myself by weighing in every day only to fall prey to the varies fluctuations women experience each month" NO was my answer and I made the decision to weigh-in on the 1st and the 15th of each month.
YES, there have been occasions where I have wanted to "peek" and I admit to "peeking" once in the past to make sure I was heading in the right direction, but so far, it seems to be working out fine (crossing my fingers for Saturday) and I am not stressed each day worrying myself about fluctuations.
For me, it makes for a happier experience...and I hope your obsession lessons with this new way of weighing in each month. I think your making a good decision. It will be hard to break this habit..but one that will make you happier in the long run.

bargoo
08-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Congratulations on a good decision, I am a formerly scale obsessed dieter , I am much happier and less stressed now that I don't weigh myself several times a day.

TempleBody
08-31-2007, 12:12 AM
I don't know. Fluffy's idea sounds nice too. Twice a month might be better.

The thing is the scale has been moving the past week or two and for some reason I'm not satisfied. I've lost 4 lbs. That's perfect. It's healthy. I know that it is...logically. I keep telling myself slow and steady. I just get this huge disappointment when I weigh and see only a small change and the few times I've weighed in only to have the scale say something crazy to be extremely frustrated. They're are times where I weigh in everyday of the week at the same weight and then boom 3lbs more the next day only for the following day for things to go back to normal. I don't know why I keep feeling like 100lbs should disappear in 6 months. It's just ridiculous.