Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Default Do you ever get to that point

. . . of saying "I don't feel like counting points anymore" and just eating without thinking about how many points the food is.

I'm doing the free version of WW (borrowed all of the materials from a friend) because I can't really afford to pay for meeting and such (the BF is doing it with me so I have some motivation there) and have been successful for the past 4 and a half months with it. I have absolutely no thought about stopping the program or giving up because I have lost the weight so far, but I was just wondering if anyone else ever had those moments of "I just don't feel like counting points anymore?" I get these thoughts sometimes, especially on weekends when I just feel like going out to eat somewhere and eating whatever I want from the menu instead of looking up the points values before I leave the house. They are usually fleeting moments, but I was hoping to hear others thoughts and stories on if they had experienced this.

Just 1 more day until the long weekend!
Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

How about switching to core for a while? You wouldn't have to count points (except for those 35 out of the WPA), but you'd still be on plan
Old 08-30-2007, 03:16 PM   #3  
Kelly M

S/C/G: 246/147/150 WW Goal

Height: 5'5"

Actually, I think I'm too scared to NOT count the points. I don't ever want to end up where I was, and I think I need that constant awareness of what I've eaten. I don't forsee a point when I'll stop counting...
Old 08-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #4  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

I've thought about doing core, but I feel more comfortable in the flex plan due to getting used to counting points. Like Kelly, I am also a bit scared to NOT count points even though there are the times I wish I never had to count points ever again. I'm sure I will stick with the point counting for a good time to come although there will be times of weakness I'm sure.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

I've never actually done core. The first time I lost weight, they didn't have the core plan and flex worked really well for me, so I figured I'd stick with what works
Old 09-06-2007, 07:05 AM   #6  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I've hit this point off and on, especially over the last few weeks. My trackers have a few days where I've just written "bad day" and zeroed out my points. It's bad I know!! Sometimes I just need a day off. I have to keep reminding myself that it really is worth it. Not a lot of help, but just though I'd share that you're definately not alone!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:20 PM   #7  
Proud Mommy

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5 ' 3

I feel like that ALOT..lol..but then i figured,all of the time i have spent would be for nothing
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 PM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

My leader says that she doesn't count points anymore having done it for so long she knows what things are and what she should have, but she says that when she feels things getting a little tight or a certain number approaching on the scale she gets out the tracker and measuring stuff and reigns it in. That's what maintaining is about, learning to keep it in check, Hopefully, I'll be there someday
Closed Thread