100 lb. Club - How do you calculate your daily fat % ?

MugCanDoIt
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
:?:How do you find out what percent of fat you are eating daily? Everyone says to make your fat intake about 20 ior 25% of your calories but I dont know how to calculate it. And if you dont count calories all that strictly, how can you count the fat % ? :(

Robin41
08-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Fitday.com. It will calculate the values of everything you enter and total it for the day in a lovely little piechart (no pun intended). And it's free.

QuilterInVA
08-30-2007, 11:46 AM
You can't count the fat% if you don't count calories. The easiet way to do it is to use a free program like Fitday but you will have to enter everything you ate. How could you calculate it if you don't count everything - you can't.

xFLUFFYx
08-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Fitday.com for sure. In my opinion, it's still the best daily food log there is...very easy to use. All you do is input the amounts of a particular food that you had...and it calculates everything else for you...and if there is a food you had that isn't on the list...you can "customize" a food, and just type in the nutritional contents from the packaging..and it will remember it.

You can even publish your fitday diary to let others see what you are eating each day. It also comes with a journal, weigh-in thingy, exercise calculator...everything you need.

LaurieDawn
08-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Many, many years ago, I did very low-fat (less than 10%) without counting calories. I just read nutrition labels and refused to eat anything that had more than 10% of the calories coming from fat. Perhaps not the best way, but it is an alternative to keeping track of all of the food that you ingest - although there are many, many benefits to writing it all down, and I would encourage you to consider trying it for a while to see if you like it.

vealcalf2000
08-30-2007, 02:04 PM
Fitday.com. It will calculate the values of everything you enter and total it for the day in a lovely little piechart (no pun intended). And it's free.

Thanks for posting about fitday. I've seen it posted on 3fatchicks a few times but have never signed up, well I just did today! Wow, so easy! I had made my own spreadsheet up using Excel but w/all the copying and pasting it was becoming a pain. I'll use Fitday from now on-Thanks!!!!