Mini-Goals - I'm In The '80's

View Full Version : I'm In The '80's

EZMONEY
08-30-2007, 09:11 AM
:carrot: I weighed in this morning and I am IN THE 80's! :carrot:

I am at 189.0....without a lean to one side of the scale ~ straight up and down! Oh yeah!

And I still have one more day of September. So from July 23rd until today I have lost 12 pounds by eating better choices ~ stepping away from the dinner table when I have really had "enough" ~ worked my butt off on the treadmill and lowered my beer intake (OK ~ so I could do better on that one ;) at least it is mostly light beer now ;) )

With Labor Day week-end and BBQ's here it could be tough for me...I will just have to ~

Make better choices!

HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY WEEK-END FOLKS! :)

jtammy
08-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Congratulations Gary!! Don't you love the 80s. :) Now I'm ready to pass through the 80s and downward, but you'll be at goal long before I will.

ih8diets
08-30-2007, 09:48 AM
congrats!! i wish i could get out of the 80s! i can never break free, they HAUNT ME!!!!!!

LeedaRenee
08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Congrats, that is so great!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

HeatherAngel
08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Woohoo! :woohoo: Gary, you are rocking the weight loss, dude! :lol3:

Good for you!!

BabyBrownEyes
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Gary! That's awesome!!

For the longest time I never saw your ticker change and now all of a sudden the past couple weeks it's been like through the roof with weight-loss!! Good for you!!!

Keep it going! Lets celebrate with some Calorie free beer!! :lol: Riiiiiiiight.

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-30-2007, 12:57 PM
woohoooooo congrats!!!!! good job. I guess your motto is starting to work huh! Good job

veggielover
08-30-2007, 01:51 PM
You see, you're just cruisin' your way to goal.... Don't let those bbq babyback ribs get you..... just think portion-wise! You're almost there, and good as gold!!! Hurrah!

Jen415
08-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow, I thought I saw you wearing a Members Only jacket.....;)

Congrats sweetie! :)

alinnell
08-30-2007, 02:23 PM

And Angel Flight pants!

WTG Gary! :bravo: got any suggestions on how to inspire my DH to lose?

EZMONEY
08-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Congratulations Gary!! Don't you love the 80s. :) Now I'm ready to pass through the 80s and downward, but you'll be at goal long before I will.

I don't know about that TAMMY! My first goal is 185...but from the looks of my stomach at 189...I think I UNDER-estimated ;)

congrats!! i wish i could get out of the 80s! i can never break free, they HAUNT ME!!!!!!

Cheer up kid ~ You are doing awesome!!

Congrats, that is so great!! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Thank you RENEE!

Woohoo! :woohoo: Gary, you are rocking the weight loss, dude! :lol3:

Good for you!!

Thanks TREADMILL BUDDY!

Gary! That's awesome!!

For the longest time I never saw your ticker change and now all of a sudden the past couple weeks it's been like through the roof with weight-loss!! Good for you!!!

I didn't change it becasue I didn't want to get over confident!

Keep it going! Lets celebrate with some Calorie free beer!! :lol: Riiiiiiiight.

OH YEAH! Count me in for that :carrot:

woohoooooo congrats!!!!! good job. I guess your motto is starting to work huh! Good job

Would that be FIGHT ON FOR ol' SC! ;)

You see, you're just cruisin' your way to goal.... Don't let those bbq babyback ribs get you..... just think portion-wise! You're almost there, and good as gold!!! Hurrah!

Yep...that'd be my problem VEGGIE...portion control! Not good at ratio's or rationing!

That COULD'VE been ME :)

Congrats sweetie! :)

Thanks JEN :hug:

And Angel Flight pants!

Honestly ALLISON, that is one I didn't do....did the denim, the cords, the paisley...but not those pants!

WTG Gary! :bravo: got any suggestions on how to inspire my DH to lose?

Well ALLISON...in case NOBODY told you....women have ALL the POWER! Angie used to be able to get me to do ANYTHING! Pretty much still does....but I put up a fight sometimes now....she doesn't have that POWER like before.....refer to my pre-menopause thread ;)

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! 3FC HELPS YOU TO BE MOTIVATED AND HONEST WITH YOURSELF ~ IT JUST COULD BE THE GREAT COMPANY WE KEEP!! :):hug::)

mandalinn82
08-30-2007, 11:29 PM
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm doing a happy dance for you, Gary. Its on one leg, but its still a happy dance.

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Ericah
08-30-2007, 11:53 PM
WOW 12lbs in a little over a month!?!?! :bravo: Thats awesome!!
I've been gaining and losing the same 2lbs for over a month now. I'm going to take a page out of your book... Better choices and STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE! I'm tired of giving the scale the ol' one finger salute every morning! lol

EZMONEY
08-31-2007, 12:55 AM
WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm doing a happy dance for you, Gary. Its on one leg, but its still a happy dance.

AMANDA! If you fall and hurt your good knee I'm gonna have to come up there! ;) I can wait for you to heal to celebrate!

:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

WOW 12lbs in a little over a month!?!?! :bravo: Thats awesome!!
I've been gaining and losing the same 2lbs for over a month now. I'm going to take a page out of your book... Better choices and STEP AWAY FROM THE TABLE! I'm tired of giving the scale the ol' one finger salute every morning! lol

ERICAH ~Seriously, I eliminated all junk out of my diet, I eat fruits and veggies for my snacks instead of chips and I leave the table when I am full...most of the time ;)

I am getting in almost an hour of treadmill work each day or more and it helps that I have a job in construction and can push myself to use up some calories if I want to.

But doing all this makes me hungry too....focus dear! JUST ONE POUND AT A TIME IS EASY!!...more can be hard...start with EASY!! Good luck to you!

PunchBuggy
08-31-2007, 09:59 AM
:hug:That's great! Congrats!

settie
08-31-2007, 10:11 AM
Congrats! It's good to see that all your hard work paid off. ;)

EZMONEY
09-01-2007, 10:56 AM
:hug:That's great! Congrats!

Thank you PUNCH!

Congrats! It's good to see that all your hard work paid off. ;)

Thanks DENISE, yes it is paying off.

Angie and I went to Fudruckers last night for dinner, she got the big burger...she can afford to every once in a while! I went for the salad...ouch! ;)

It paid off ~ this morning after the healthy dinner, and treadmill and dog walks yesterday ~ I weighed in at 188.2!

I am :carrot:

EZMONEY
09-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I am down to 187.4 today :carrot: I hope I can keep it there with the BBQ today :shrug: :crossed:

I have some of the Hebrew National 45 calorie hot dogs and lean hamburger. Family wanted to have the last BBQ of summer of hot dogs and hamburgers.

I am sure I will have too much...but...I will make better choices today than I was doing before! We have better munchies and lighter beer ;)

HAVE A GREAT LABOR DAY FOLKS! :carrot:

floridarusty
09-03-2007, 10:21 AM
Wow, your doing GREAT Gary.

Relax and have fun today, you earned it.

Phyllis

ih8diets
09-03-2007, 11:22 AM
it was acceptable in the 80s doo doo doo

cakses
09-03-2007, 11:50 AM
woo hoo congrats!

hikerchick
09-04-2007, 12:03 AM
Yay, Gary!

I hear you about under estimating your goal. Each new 10s is so empowering. Yipee for you.

:bravo:

And thanks for bringing out silliness in everyone. When you are around people get a little loopy. Like someone spiked the punch or something.

EZMONEY
09-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Well I hit 186 on Sunday but figured it was a fluke...it was...187 on Monday...then 188 today, so I lost a couple then gained one back after Labor Day. Still on track to complete the challenge!

Wow, your doing GREAT Gary.

Relax and have fun today, you earned it.

Phyllis

Well I did PHYLISS and paid the price by gaining a pound! I'll blame it on you! ;)...kidding of course!

it was acceptable in the 80s doo doo doo

I'm not sure kid...I was busy raising a family :)

woo hoo congrats!

Thanks CAT...you are doing awesome yourself!

Yay, Gary!

I hear you about under estimating your goal. Each new 10s is so empowering. Yipee for you.

:bravo:

And thanks for bringing out silliness in everyone. When you are around people get a little loopy. Like someone spiked the punch or something.

Thanks HIKERCHICK ~ I have been known to have people that want to "spike" me! :o

finn
09-05-2007, 06:13 AM
Congrats Gary - you're doing fabulous!

EZMONEY
09-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks FINN ~ Glad to see you back!

Held 188 again this morning...I will get that 1 pound loss back to 187 yet...maintain it...and start losing again!

Jen415
09-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Geez GAry, you're wastin' away!! :) Good job, though...:)

EZMONEY
09-06-2007, 01:05 AM
Not exactly JEN but thanks for the encouragement!

EZMONEY
09-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Well I weighed in at 186.0 this morning, second time since Sunday morning so today I am posting it ~ maintaining it ~ and putting pressure on that last pound to disappear! :drill:

I usually don't snack after dinner, we ate early last night and I stayed up a little later. I was hungry, reached for some chips ~ leftover from Labor Day...and :frypan: wham :frypan:...hit myself upside the head ~ collected my thoughts and proceeded to the fridge for some carrots and grapes.

I am off for three days so I won't be burning those drywall taping calories...I better take a lot of walks! My goldens will :love: LOVE IT :love:

Have a great week-end folks!

NightengaleShane
09-07-2007, 10:43 AM
AWESOME, GARY!! And rock on for not eating the chips... the slapping yourself upside the head bit kind of reminds me of those V8 commercials... you know... the ones that say things like "oooo! Mommy's having a french fry! Yes she is!" then the kid slaps her upside the head, and the commercial says, "Could've had a V8!!" I hope that last one pound comes off soon for you. :)

EZMONEY
09-07-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks SHANE! ~I love those commercials...and V8!

EZMONEY
09-08-2007, 10:26 AM
Angie and I went to Chili's last night. I usually get a big burger with fries or steak fajitas or the montery chicken and mashed potatoes and gravy and a couple of beers. Last night I ate off the guiltless pleasure menu and had salmon, black beans with pico de gallo and steamed veggies. I also had only one beer...ok...it was a 22 oz. draft...but it was a light beer ;)

I was very satisfied with my meal, although I really wanted one of my regulars! I remained loyal to my efforts and it paid off...

this morning I weighed in at 184.0 pounds ~ which means I SURPASSED MY GOAL! by one pound! :carrot:

He shoots....he scores....GOAL! :)

alinnell
09-08-2007, 12:11 PM
YAY GARY!!!!! :bravo:

ih8diets
09-08-2007, 12:44 PM
yay! well done. a day of succes!! :D

xJox
09-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Wtg!!

EZMONEY
09-10-2007, 09:06 AM
Thanks Guys! I got a little nervous...yesterday I was at 185 and thought oh no! Silly, I know...but this morning I am at 184.0 again. I did do a lot of miles over the week-end...it paid off.

gailr42
09-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Great job!

EZMONEY
09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
I just want to thank EVERYONE for their support ~ I am at 183.6 as of this morning!

Still working hard on the walks and treadmill ~ added some weights this week

Still eating "better choices"

Still focused on one pound at a time!

royalsfan1
09-11-2007, 10:29 AM
Gary - That's SO great! New decades are my FAVORITES! (weight-wise, I mean...age-wise is not so lovely ;) )

EZMONEY
09-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Thanks TRICIA!...miss you over on "baseball"

EZMONEY
09-13-2007, 10:02 AM
I was off work yesterday and took Angie's car to get new tires. It took them over two hours, of which I spent most of the time walking around the strip mall. I got home and mapped that run dot commed it, and I did about 5 miles!

There was a Subway there so I had a turkey breast salad...never had salad before at Subway! Always a big-o sandwich double meat! I even got it with just oil and vinegar. And a WATER!

It paid off....today's weigh in was 182.2 which is exactly 19 pounds GONE!

Thank you all for your support...it keeps me motivated!

EZMONEY
09-18-2007, 07:44 PM
I was at 180 from friday to this morning, I weighed in at 179.0 today! I hope it sticks and isn't just a fluke. Not changing my avatar yet.

vixjean
09-18-2007, 11:01 PM
Wow so proud of you, you are eating really good.

Ladiibbug
09-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Congrats! Great lookin' dogs you have, too!

EZMONEY
09-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow so proud of you, you are eating really good.

Thank-you VIXJEAN ~ I am eating way better, actually, although I am eating better...mostly I have learned I don't have to over eat at every dinner! And that exercise every day will not "hurt" me ;)

Congrats! Great lookin' dogs you have, too!

Thank-you LADIIBBUG ~ that picture was taken a couple of years ago, before they grew into their "I'M SPOILED" faces :)

Addicted5915
09-22-2007, 03:22 PM
congrats!!!

nylisa
09-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Great work on getting into the 180s & continuing! I'm new here, so please excuse me if I put this in the wrong thread, but I'm at 193-195 right now & aiming for the 180s. Mind if I join you in posting here as I work towards my minigoal?