South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Where are my Phase I Buddies?

I decided to go back and read the Ph 1 thread from when I first started SBD and first found this forum. There were a bunch of us starting around that time and what struck me is ... where has everybody gone? Let's see, looking into my magic mirror (anyone else remember Miss Sally from Romper Room?) I see ...Liannie, and missmess, and Ally, and 1oftheluvs, and... that's it! I hope it's because people have been busy, or on vacation, or found another forum, not because they have gone off the beach! Hoping to hear from my Ph1 buddies again soon...
Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey Schmoodle, I was forced to get off of P1 by my doc. Well, not forced. But, I was strongly advised against continuing with it. It has to do with my PCOS medication and etc. No carbs or sugar is muy bad! Oh well. Sorry to have deserted you!
Old 08-29-2007, 02:17 PM   #3  

Oh Kim, you didn't desert me! And I did Ph 1 back in early June. I guess I didn't mention that. We had a really active Ph 1 thread and Ph 2 beginners thread back then, and reading back through them, I just noticed that some of the people that started at the same time as me weren't posting anymore at all.

But I have been reading your posts, and I hope managing the PCOS is going well.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Oh, okie dokie! Now I feel better, but I still guess I should have explained my absence to my Ph1 buddies. Oops.

Thanks for the well wishes. The meds I'm on to treat the PCOS are causing a lot of grievances for me, but doc assures me they will pass as I get used to the changes in my body. I hope soon! Have a great day!
Old 08-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Hey Schmoodle, I believe I was one of those that started around the same time you did, around the first week of June I believe. I've been lurking I suppose, trying to keep up with the kids and been staying busy pretty much. I've also been hanging out some over in the Calorie Counting board. I switched to counting the calories but still use some aspects of the beach as far as my fat intake goes. 24 Pounds for you! Very Nice! Congrats and keep up the good work!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #6  

Hi JennJenn! Thanks for checking in. I was wondering how everybody was doing... I'm doing calorie counting along with SB. I only planned to do it until I got a feel for how much food I should be eating, but now I think it's a compulsion. Guess I'll be counting for a while...
Congrats on your loss too!
Old 08-31-2007, 04:08 PM   #7  
Banishing the Belly

S/C/G: 180/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey Schmoodle!

I'm still here. I've just been busy since I moved into the new house 2 weeks ago. It's been hard to stay beachy with all the chaos but I'm planning to get back on track after my holiday vacation this weekend. I had to start counting calories too because the weight wouldn't come off otherwise. I could eat 900 calories of radishes if I didn't watch myself, you know?

I'm glad to see you're doing well and the pounds are coming off. I'm going to need to come back to this group on a more structured basis. It's the only way to stay true to the plan.

Thanks for asking about me. I really figured nobody would miss me if I left for a bit!

L
Old 08-31-2007, 04:43 PM   #8  

Hi Liannie! Of course we would miss you! A bunch of chicks have gone AWOL lately. I'm glad you're getting settled in and plan on staying on the beach with us. I agree that posting here is a big help. And yes, I think calories are key for me. I track it so I don't go too high OR too low either, which I tend to do sometimes if I'm just going by hunger.
Closed Thread