100 lb. Club - Fluffy...what's for lunch today? :)

WinterStarzz
08-29-2007, 01:37 PM
I was making lunch today and thought of you. :)

Today's menu:

Tossed salad with 1 serving of baked pierogi's.

I think for dinner tonight we are having low fat cheese ravioli with heart-smart pasta sauce and home made turkey meat balls.

xFLUFFYx
08-29-2007, 02:19 PM
LMAO...that is too weird...cause when I was making breakfast this morning..I thought of YOU!! (no joke!!)

ok..well for breakfast I had..(omg it was delicious too)

2 slices of Sara Lee Whole Wheat bread (toasted)
1 small banana
1.5 tablespoons of peanut butter
6 strawberries
1 Dannon Light n Fit Smoothie (strawberry flavored)
I kind of made me a PB & B toasty sammy lol and had the strawberries on the side along with my smoothies & a cup of coffee.

Lunch...AHHHH!! I don't know yet lmao

Dinner tonight..MMmmm
2 Turkey Breast cutlets grilled with red onion, garlic and dash of vinegar and soysauce & lemon.
1 medium red potato (boiled with no salt added, then mashed up and lightly sprayed with "I can't Believe It's Not Butter spray"
Then I am going to load up the rest of my plate with veggies of some sort.

LOL..ok this is one of those "here's yer sign" questions...but what are perogies?

omg...I made up a new dessert...omg it yummmmyyyy...you have got to try it!!

grab a pen lol...
I call it...
My Tasty Little Fruit Parfait
you will need...

1 Kashi TLC bar (cherry dark chocolate flavor, chop it up and bung the pieces in the fridge so it gets cold)
1 Dannon Light n Fit FF Yogurt (any flavor)
1 small banana (sliced up)
6 fresh strawberries (sliced up)
Dollop of FF cool whip

Then in a large parfait glass..or small glass bowl...make small layers of each ingredient over and over until first 4 ingredient are gone...then put a dollop of FF cool whip on top...and garnish with something ummm green lmao..

omg..its tooo die for..oh and you could switch out the fruits and add like kiwi..or fresh cherries..ohh the things you could do lol
Leave enuff calories for this desert but its a good source of fiber & protein..
364 calories, 3g fat, 79g carbs, 11g fiber, 12g protein

ohhh and another recipe that I can't take credit for...but is sooo yummmy is...

CHICKEN, RED POTATO & GREEN BEAN SALAD
Ingredients
Dressing:
1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced

Salad:
1 pound small red potatoes
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 pound diagonally cut green beans
2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 8 ounces)
2 tablespoons chopped red onion
1 (10-ounce) package gourmet salad greens (about 6 cups)

Preparation
To prepare dressing, combine first 8 ingredients, stirring well with a whisk.
To prepare salad, place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until almost tender. Add beans, and cook an additional 4 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water; drain well.

Quarter potatoes. Place the potatoes, beans, chicken, onion, and greens in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.

Yield
4 servings (serving size: about 1 3/4 cups)

Nutritional Information
CALORIES 269(29% from fat); FAT 8.8g (sat 1.8g,mono 4.4g,poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 22.4g; CHOLESTEROL 53mg; CALCIUM 96mg; SODIUM 761mg; FIBER 5.8g; IRON 3.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 26.1g

LMAO...see what you gone done and started..hehehe

WinterStarzz
08-29-2007, 02:30 PM
lol pierogi's are whipped potatoes in a thin pastry shell. They look like little half moons sorta. They come plain, or mixed with things such as cheese, onions, sour cream, etc. They also have dessert pierogi's...but I've never tried them before. Not a dumb question, I didn't know what they were up until about a year ago.

xFLUFFYx
08-29-2007, 02:34 PM
omg...those sound yummmyyy...NEED MORE INPUT lol...where do you buy them from?...how much do they cost?...how many calories? lol...you can't leave me hanging on this one lol

WinterStarzz
08-29-2007, 04:00 PM
I have gotten them from lots of different places. They are in the frozen foods. I always get Mrs. T's. They are about 2-3 bucks a box, with about 4 servings per box. The detailed nutrition info is on thedailyplate, but they are around 150 per serving. They truly are delicious.