General chatter - Any Embarrassing Celeb crushes?

View Full Version : Any Embarrassing Celeb crushes?

NurseMichelle
08-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I love the thread about which celebs you find attractive, so I kind of came up with this one, just because I've always had "different" tastes. So my question is, do you find someone attractive that others might think you're nuts for liking?

Like right now, I'm gaga over David Hasslehoff (just finished watching America's Got Talent) I used to think he was just some cheeseball, but he's so darn NICE. So I got to crushin on him big time. (He lost a few cool points singing in the finale but still)

I've ALWAYS like Drew Carey, not conventionally hunky. But I'm madly attracted to him.

I grew up in the 80s crushing on Corey Haim and he played LUCAS!

I liked that kid who played Vinnie on Doogie Howser MD and all my friends thought he was creepy!

Oh and I've always crushed on Owen Wilson, maybe he's not such an odd choice, but even with his broken crooked nose, I think he's a babe!

Hey, don't Hassle the Hoff. :love:

Cassie501107
08-28-2007, 02:05 PM
James Hetfield from Metallica...::swoon:: I LOVE him.:D

Robin41
08-28-2007, 02:20 PM
There's probably not two people here who will know who this is, but I've always had a crush on Shelby Foote. He was a civil war historian who had a big part in the Ken Burns documentary. Probably 70 years old then, with a scraggly beard, but he was just charming as all ****. He had the twinkly eye thing going and I'm a big sucker for twinkly eyes.

However, I still don't think my ancient civil war guy crush is nearly as embarrassing as David Hasslehoff. Really, have you seen the drunken hamburger video?

lavidasofa
08-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I find William Peterson (Grissom) on CSI incredibly hot :) I also have this thing for John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe. And I find Alan Rickman sexy, his voice is like velvet. He can read the phone book to me all night long

techwife
08-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Roger Taylor, the drummer from Queen. I used to just stare at his picture on the back of my album and drool. There were neighbors we had with the last name Taylor and they had a plaque on their house that said "Taylors" and I even used to find myself staring at that because it's Roger Taylor's last name. Then along comes American Idol with Brian May and Roger Taylor doing the Rock week and I STILL had a little crush on him even as a little old man. Its ROGER TAYLOR!!My daughter was totally offended.

I'm also a huge Peyton Manning fan and think he's just totally adorable. My best friend absolutely hates him and I get, "He's such a geek" all the time! :rollpin:

2Fat4myJeans
08-28-2007, 02:42 PM
Milo Ventimiglia from the TV show Heroes. I always thought he was cute, but then I saw him in Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry" music video, and WOW!!!!! :hot:

My husband recently found out I thought Milo was a hottie and said "So THAT'S why you always watch that sci-fi show!" I really do like the show...Milo is an added eye candy bonus. :D

And there's also something strangly sexy about Hugh Laurie from House....

Spinymouse
08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
There is something wrong with me. I don't even know who any of these people ARE. Really.

Sheila53
08-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Robin, I love Shelby Foote's voice. So charming and courtly. I don't think I ever saw him, but I heard him in an NPR interview several years before his death.

My absolute favorite is James Garner. Giving away my age, I guess. He was wonderful as Brett Maverick (the TV show), and, IMHO, really hot in Rockford Files. He's definitely got twinkly eyes, even in his 70s now, and such a wonderful smile.

Musicgal
08-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I decided to look at this thread even though I'm an old married woman and no longer allow myself to have crushes ;). I have to admit I have been thinking about Owen Wilson lately even before I heard the news (I think I'm somewhat psychic or maybe because they've been showing Wedding Crashers on TV lately). NurseMichelle, you mentioned Owen Wilson...have you heard the news about his hospitalization on Sunday...they think it's a suicide attempt :(. Prayers are with him...I feel so bad...I haven't heard anything about him today. I hope he is alright. I think he was crying out for help. He seems to have the support of his family which is important. Prayers are with you, Owen!

sfj
08-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Sean Connery. And not the younger James Bond Sean. the older Sean.

NightengaleShane
08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
I find William Peterson (Grissom) on CSI incredibly hot :)

OMG! ME TOO! I also think Greg is hot. And of course Nick and Warrick, but everyone thinks those two are! haha. But yes, I LOVE GRISSOM! Sexy sexy Grissom!

I also have any embarrassing celeb crush on Bret Michaels. I don't care how old or washed up he is, I still love my Bret! :D And I think he looks great for his age!

mandalinn82
08-28-2007, 04:44 PM
James Hetfield from Metallica...::swoon:: I LOVE him.

Hate to have to burst your bubble on this....but he is really a jerk. He has a house in my hometown and I ran into him once in Baskin Robbins - he was unpleasant enough (and its not like we were asking him for autographs or even TALKING to him or LOOKING at him) to turn me off from Metallica for a looooong time. Rude as heck to the cashier, too, and just generally berated the people in the line for getting in his way while he was trying to get ice cream.

CLCSC145
08-28-2007, 04:50 PM
And I find Alan Rickman sexy, his voice is like velvet. He can read the phone book to me all night long

I never really noticed him until Sense & Sensibility. Sigh. You are so right. Lovely voice... He's what my friends refer to as "sexy ugly".

I have a thing for all the heroes in Jane Austen movies. Jeremy Northam from Emma, Colin Firth from Pride and Prejudice... I guess if they're English and wearing riding boots and a cravat, I'm in love.

melekalikimaka
08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm a sucker for a man with good diction: Alan Rickman :devil:, Patrick Stewart (Capt. Picard from Star Trek), Sean Connery (yes the older version) ...

Oh, and I'm not embarrassed to admit to crushing on any of them. :lol:

At the opposite end of the age spectrum, I think Shia LaBeouf has become quite a hottie.

LindseyLouWho
08-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Alton Brown from the Food Network... he does a variety of shows, including Good Eats, Feasting on Asphalt, and he's the announcer guy on Iron Chef America. I think it's because I have a HUGE thing for guys who are handsome AND nerdy... haha.

melekalikimaka
08-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Maybe James Hetfield was pissed because he was detained in a British Airport by authorities who thought he was a member of the Taliban :lol:

OR maybe his jerkness just rubbed off from Lars Ulrich. I used to love Metallica's music back in the day, but their arrogance just turns me off big time.

--
CC, Alan RIckman is not ugly, well...maybe he was a little when he was younger, but he's aging quite nicely, thank you.

NurseMichelle
08-28-2007, 05:26 PM
OMG Thank you to whoever said Hugh Laurie from House, YUMMY! He is MAD sexy~! :love:

LOL~ Yes, I've seen the hamburger video and I gotta tell ya, somehow, it didn't change a thing for me! I KNOW! I KNOW! You just can't help what the heart wants. LOL so QUIT HASSLIN THE HOFF! :p

What about Simon Cowell when he's in full-on snark mode?

OMG YES, I did hear about Owen's hospitalization! It seems to be kind of quiet though, only my hubby told me about it from the radio, I haven't actually heard it myself yet. I hope he's okay:(

P.S. One for my DH, speaking of whom, he thinks Lisa Turtle from Saved by the Bell was HOT (Lark Voorhies? is that her name?) But I know the rest of ya were in the Slater vs. Zack camps?

Mmmmm Sean Connery.

Oh my friend can't believe I like Bruce Willis. I got to see his pee-pee in one of his movies:devil:, some psychological thriller, what was it called? Some weird movie where he was a psychiatrist?

lizziness
08-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Anthony Edwards! I don't know what it is - but I always swooned over him when others were drooling over George Clooney.

and almost everyone I know thinks I'm nuts for this one - but I LOVE me some Anthony Bourdain! I know he smokes 3 packs a day and probably smells like a locker in the back of some dirty restaurant but man oh man I love him.:love:

Also - Christopher Meloni (OZ and Law and Order SVU) something about this man - testosterone maybe?

Embarrassing teenaged crushes were Edward Furlong, Milla Jovovich and Marilyn Manson (hey, I'm all over the place):crazy:

Heather
08-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!

raebeaR
08-29-2007, 01:00 AM
Sheila, I completely get the Shelby Foote crush... I was glued to that Civil War series because of him, and I was in my teens when it came out. That man simply dripped sex appeal!!

lavidasofa, I also have the Willem Dafoe crush. I put him in my Lyle Lovett file... sexy in an ugly, nerdy kinda way. Woo!

Russell Crowe is my perennial favorite, but that's a no brainer.

Current fave is John McGinley of Scrubs fame. But I come by it honestly... I've had a thing for him since Platoon.

Rae

weezerloo
08-29-2007, 01:25 AM
Ah...Alton Brown. And William Peterson. Nerdy IS sexy. So is being British (namely, Colin Firth and Paul Bettany) ;)

lavidasofa
08-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Oh yes how can I forget Alton Brown! I love that man. And under my scary/intimidating sexy file, Gary Oldman. I don't care that he never looks like the same person in every picture I see him and can never recognize him :lol:

2Fat4myJeans
08-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson!

Oh HECK yeah! The Rock is HOT!!! :devil:

HeatherAngel
08-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh, I like nice boys - I'd run off with John Cusack in a second! :yes:

When I was fifteen, I had a real thing for Sting - he'd just made 'The Bride' (dreadful!) and did a poster for American Libraries in his velvet coat and lacy cravat... I had that poster by my bed all through high school - I used to DREAM about him!!

Sad, I know... still like his music, can't quite dredge up the same old feelings anymore though... :lol:

Heather :D

NurseMichelle
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey Lizziness, just wanted to mention that Marilyn Manson aka Brian <something what was it!?> is from my hometown. I'd gone to private school and he to public school and I hadn't met him, but my old friends insist he came to one of our parties....he was verrry normal back then. Kind of nerdy and quiet.

Oh yes he and Macy Gray are NE Ohio's claims to fame....lol I always get a pang of annoyance about Macy Gray, maybe it's because of one run in I had with her family, or maybe I can't let go that year she came back to Canton, got to sing in the football Hall of Fame game, and BUTCHERED our national anthem. Embarrassed herself and the whole town.

I guess that would be a cool thread, which famous people came from your hometown, and did you know them or their families?

What about Ed Harris? (is that his name....?) middle aged, bald head VERY blue eyes, played on Stepmom, Apollo 13, that one Alcatraz movie (the Rock?) oh Milk Money? I think he's adorable!

endlessly
08-29-2007, 04:17 PM
Alton Brown is so yummy.
Jeremy Irons, John Malkovich, Robert Smith of the *The Cure* and sadly one I am sooo embarrassed to say aloud..

Davey Havok from AFI.

NurseMichelle
08-29-2007, 08:05 PM
How bout Adam Sandler?

trekkiegirl
08-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Well, I was a Trekkie since a child so my earliest crushes were William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy (lol, sitting above my computer I have a pic of me taken about 10 years ago with LN at a book signing). :D I was really big on Whose Line Is It Anyway for a while and I had a crush on Ryan Stiles. :p Now I've got a mini crush on James Nesbitt, whom I'd never heard of before, after seeing him in BBC-A's Jekyll. :p But I think that has more to do with his performance than the actual actor. :p There've been plenty of others but those are the ones that come to mind right now. :p

LindseyLouWho
08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Lizziness, how could I forget Anthony Bourdain, my other chef love??? Haha

I totally dig on the rough around the edges type guys like him.

rubberlegs
08-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Hate to have to burst your bubble on this....but he is really a jerk. He has a house in my hometown and I ran into him once in Baskin Robbins - he was unpleasant enough (and its not like we were asking him for autographs or even TALKING to him or LOOKING at him) to turn me off from Metallica for a looooong time. Rude as heck to the cashier, too, and just generally berated the people in the line for getting in his way while he was trying to get ice cream.

That's part of his appeal. *sigh*

Gene Simmon's son. OK, so he needs about 10-15 years, but OK, there, I said it.

I remember when I was a kid I had the biggest crushes on Bret Michaels and Tom Selleck. Bret still looks good (but I can't stand his personality) and Tom, well, I can't explain that one.

rubberlegs
08-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Oh, and Vince Neil. Even with the weight, I totally think he's hot. He's just such a sweet guy.

Bellaloki
08-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Mmmmmmm ... Dennis Miller. Especially back when he had that show on HBO and would go into his trademark "rants." I get all tingly just thinking about it, heheh.

Whew, intelligence is so sexy!

maalisse
08-30-2007, 01:44 AM
Seth Rogen... *blush*

I think it's a combination of the "good ol' Canadian boy" thing and the fact that a lot of his good qualities remind me of my boyfriend (who I absolutely adore!)

stranger n my mirror
08-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Ok, my very, very first crush was Donny Osmond. 38 yrs later he still looks good! Then it was Leslie McKeown of the Bay City Rollers. The adult version of me kind of wonders what I saw in him as a 13 yr old. He did have a very sexy voice though.

Over the years I have had little mini crushes on Andy Gibb, Rex Smith, Bruce Springsteen. Oh! And John Cougar(before he was Mellencamp!).

In 1986, when I was 21, I discovered my man, Randy Travis. Now 21 yrs later I am still in love.

lizziness
08-30-2007, 12:20 PM
I have had a crush on Seth Rogen since Freaks and Geeks - another crush from that show is Jason Segel.

There is something sexy about Randy Travis...great voice too even though country isn't really my thing.

ShyShy19
08-30-2007, 02:00 PM
OK so far I on't know who any of these people are exept for the Metallica guy. I'm probably going to sound lame for picking someone so cliche but my biggest heart throb now and forever is JOHNNY DEPP OMG, I coul eat the man, shhhh don't tell my fiance.
I go weak at the knees whenever I see that man, he is perfect. I thought he made an extemely sexy pirate.

I also like Josh Hartnett (dont know how to spell the last name) he's a real cutie.

GatorgalstuckinGA
08-30-2007, 02:21 PM
i love nerdy too...alton brown, john cusak...both cuties that are nerdy....very sexy quality for me. Alton browne films a lot in the town i live at...Marietta..the whole foods he's at is the same one i shop at for his good eats show. Haven't been there when he's filming...but it would be cool.

maalisse
08-30-2007, 02:56 PM
I have had a crush on Seth Rogen since Freaks and Geeks.
*high five*

That show was awesome.

StillTryin
08-30-2007, 03:15 PM
OK, here is mine, I dont know why,.....maybe personality
Kevin James from the movie HITCH, he played Albert. Just so cute!

Oh and Ice Cube, I dont know why, but just.....cute!

Kim_Star060404
08-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I've been gaga over Edward Norton for a long time. He was hot in Fight Club as the mess, and also in American History X (not that I agree with the premise of his character AT ALL, but all those muscles, YUM!). DH makes fun of me a lot for that one!

Lizzi & Lindsey: I also like Anthony Bourdain. My mom was talking to me about his show once and I swear I've never heard her say "skanky" so much. Oh well - still love him!

FrouFrou
08-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Too many to name but here are a few:

George Clooney
Adam Sandler
Vince Vaughn
Chad Krueger
Vincent D'Onofrio
Christopher Meloni
George Strait

charolastra00
08-30-2007, 05:50 PM
I have a thing for older guys. My best friend and I are constantly saying we'd pull a "Paris Geller" (from Gilmore Girls) and date one of our professors not for the grades, but for the intellectual appeal :P

My two biggest and most embarrassing crushes are also dead. Abbie Hoffman is adorable and one of the biggest reasons why I went to my college (he launched his political activism career here). Creepily enough, he was babysat by my great grandmother when she was around my age... yeah... but I dig curly hair. Federico Garcia Lorca was gay and died around 70 years ago (and would be like 110 now) but I still had a shrine to him and his poetry throughout my high school days- complete with candles.

I also LOOOVE Anthony Bourdain- especially after seeing his border town episodes. Plus he's just so gosh darn cute. Same with Alan Rickman and Joe Biden.

LeaLee
08-30-2007, 09:08 PM
ummmmmm....Hugh Laurie here too! OMG that man can be my DR anytime Attitude and all!!!!

I also can't get enough of Mathew Mconn...something or other lol...

and we are talking Embarrassing right?? LOL anything with Rachel MacAdams becomes a major Fave of mine!!! lol I am not saying I am crushin on her like THAT lol but she is just so darn loveable!

lizziness
08-31-2007, 12:26 AM
maalisse < i totally have the entire show on DVD and have watched it through like 3 times. loooove it! Was so sad it got canceled.

Bourdain and skanky do kinda go together, there is no denying it. But I still loves it! :D

thinnythighs
09-07-2007, 09:18 AM
Hugh Laurie. Didn't like him in that mouse movie, but LOVE him on House.

GeorgiePorgie
09-07-2007, 10:10 AM
I've always thought Adrian Brody (The Pianist and The Village) and Kevin James (King of Queens) were hot!

newFannie07
09-07-2007, 07:57 PM
Allright....I had a total crush on Nick Rhodes from Duran Duran when I was in junior high/high school. So I know your Roger Taylor pain! I had an 8x10 teen mag picture of him on my bedroom door back then. I kissed it so much, I rubbed his lips off!! I had to paint them back on with my concealer stick. I had plans to attend Oxford University so I could hunt him down in my times off. Broke my heart when he got married. Hmmm....I see he is divorced now...is a trip in order? LOL

I would love to meet Alton Brown (GG, I was wondering if you had ever seen him). I don't think I have a crush on him per-se, but I see all of his shows. I can't get enough.

Also, my current crushes, although a bit mainstream, are Vin Diesel (yummy) oh the voice!!! Just give him to me in a tight white t-shirt and jeans with the top botton undone! :o And Leland Champan from Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Kerri

Clydegirl
09-07-2007, 08:46 PM
I have 2 that you probably think are wierd.

I love Bill Murray. I never miss his movies Groundhog Day is one of my favourites.

Also Steven Tyler of Aerosmith. He has to be singing though. Love to watch him performing.

veganchick27
09-07-2007, 09:12 PM
I would have to agree with all three of those!! I even loved Anthony Edwards in Revenge of the Nerds!! LOL. He is hot!!!
Anthony Bourdain is equally hot. I love watching him on travel channel!!
And Christopher Meloni! YUM!!!! He was in a LIfetime movie also looking buff but with more hair. Love him!!
:love:
Heather
Anthony Edwards! I don't know what it is - but I always swooned over him when others were drooling over George Clooney.

and almost everyone I know thinks I'm nuts for this one - but I LOVE me some Anthony Bourdain! I know he smokes 3 packs a day and probably smells like a locker in the back of some dirty restaurant but man oh man I love him.:love:

Also - Christopher Meloni (OZ and Law and Order SVU) something about this man - testosterone maybe?

Embarrassing teenaged crushes were Edward Furlong, Milla Jovovich and Marilyn Manson (hey, I'm all over the place):crazy:

mom2fivesweeties
09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, girls, I'm probably way too old to contribute to this thread, but I still find those actors really cute! I like Vincent D'Onofrio in Law and Order, Criminal Intent. I guess that would make sense because he IS older but so sexy!

Way before lots of you were born, there was a show on TV called "Medical Center" - well there was a doctor on that show called Dr. Joe Gannon played by Chad Everett. Well, my teenage heart was SO in love with that man! I mooned over him for years! I should see what he's up to if he is still alive - maybe I'll go google him!
Lori