Net browser

Default Feisty & Sexy 50 & 60 yr olds #157

Hi Everybody

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY
Love Slavika

Talk to you all later.
Old 01-02-2002, 11:19 AM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Slavika: Guess we were posting at the same time. If I was clever I'd know how to put my post ever here. Oh well.

HAPPY bIRTHDAY, TRUDY

Ann
Old 01-02-2002, 11:33 AM   #3  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TRUDY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

I wish you a wonderful day and year, to a very special lady!

Dee
Old 01-02-2002, 02:06 PM   #4  
Life Time 2001

Default Trudy!!!!!!

Happy Birthday to You!!!!!!!

Karen: So sorry you have been so sick. Hope you get better soon. Not fun to be sick over the Holidays.

Jenye & Maria: How fun you got to meet! Sounds like you had a great time!

Slavika: I think it was Trudy that took them. I only stole Kyle. Thats it! I also think you are telling a fib about not being a good cook. You sound like a great one to me!

Ann: No secert formula for getting back on track. Sometimes it is hard just try and think what you want more. That helped me in the past.

Alas Im back at work So no time to play.
Later!
Old 01-02-2002, 02:26 PM   #5  

Back to journaling! On the road to weight loss again.

It must be so neat for the two of you to meet, Jenye and Maria, I would love to come over for a visit with you two!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRUDY!!!! Hope you have a lovely day and many more to come!

Old 01-02-2002, 05:05 PM   #6  

G'day all,

A bit late...............

Happy Birthday Trudy Hope you had a great day.

It was fun actually meeting someone face to face with whom you 'talk' through this forum.
The trip going seemed to take forever as I went the long way but coming back after Jenye had told me where to turn off onto the freeway was quite a bit quicker.
I have to just share that Jenye is very organised with her journals etc. and I feel sure she will be successful loosing the weight she would like to loose.
Thank you for lunch Jenye and be kind to yourself.

Ann dh is getting better and is now hobbling along with his cast still on but one stick, so that is an improvement.
The chiro is just the nicest person and my back is improving considerably. She has also recommended someone for when I get to Sydney.
Yes the wedding is getting very close . I just musn't think of everything that needs to be done between now and then and just go with the flow........easier said than done.

We are attending a wedding here in Melbourne on Saturday. The mother of the groom (parents are from Adelaide) has told me that she is getting cellophane packets with rose petals ready for dd wedding I thought that was very kind of her, there was no way I could have done it and thought we will just go without.

The weather here is unbelievably cool for this time of the year. Something definetly strange with our weather patterns. Some of the bushfires in the Sydney area are still raging out of control but some have now been contained They are really wishing for the rain and cool weather we have had here.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Old 01-02-2002, 07:23 PM   #7  

Happy Birthday Trudy, Hope you had a wonderful day and you don't look a day over 39. Jenye and Maria how nice for you to meet. I think it would be fun for all of us to meet. Maybe someday. Maria when is the wedding? I know it is in the next few weeks. Slavika I know that you are really an excellent cook. The recipes that you post are too good. I stopped in my nieces mailroom today and ended working for 3 hours. People are still sending Christmas packages. I think they waited to get the after Christmas sales and are sending late. She was packing the most gorgeous Waterford crystal and Rookwood pottery to send out. I stayed away from that cause I was afraid that I would break it. Have to run, see you all later,
Old 01-02-2002, 08:02 PM   #8  
Net browser

Default ...Trudy's Day

Hi Everybody
Well my life is right back to normal .
I went out with my friend that I see every Wednesday, and had a great day. The stores look naked........the Christmas decorations are down, a lot of the mannequins just have bags over them and the only sizes left on the racks are from size 2 to 8. LOL "In my dreams".
I talked to Trudy today and she was having just a lovely day.

Looks like you are all getting back to regular "life stuff".
Have a nice evening.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:02 AM   #9  
Super Surfer

Talking ...don't feel a day over 39..

Thanks for all the Birthday wishes, hard to believe I actually turned 60 today. I did have a wonderful day, the sun was shining and from the moment I woke up nice things were happening . I opened the gift from Slavika this morning, she always comes up with something wonderful... a Journal Jar with Precious Preserves inside. There are over 80 "Topic Triggers", each with an intriguing question or phrase for me to respond to in my journal (which she also gave me). I will certainly enjoy that. She also gave me a Sun Catcher with a hummingbird and carnation on it. Just lovely. In the afternoon Dee came by and surprised me. She had a gift too, a beautiful card she made and magnetic picture frames so I can put up even more pictures on my fridge ... My DH took me out for dinner and in the evening my family came over. Lots of gifts and good wishes. My DD gave me a beautiful Swarovski swan pin... I got phone calls, and e-mails. All in all, I think I will enjoy the 60's ... certainly have had a good start.

Tomorrow is DE-FLUFF day. Lily I feel so "fluffy" I can't stand it .. Alas, I have to get back OP immediately.
I think that I will have to skip the first WW meeting on the 8th, I will probably need a bit more time to get legal again.

Karen So sorry you haven't been well. That is not a good way to lose weight by being ill. There are so many "bugs" around now, hope you can shake it.

Goodnight all, see you tomorrow ....
Old 01-03-2002, 12:48 AM   #10  

Thought I would just check in and see what was new.

Sounds like you had a fantastic 60th Trudy and thoroughly spoilt, good for you.

As I was walking back from town this afternoon I realised we have only two more weekends in Melbourne It seemed such a long way away when we first arrived here and now our time for leaving is almost there.

Peggy our daughter's wedding is January 26, which also happens to be Australia day. A bit of trivia for you

Better organise something for dinner.

See ya all tomorrow

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-03-2002, 12:03 PM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Sounds like your DH is doing good after the surgery. The Wedding is very close! You will be so busy when you do get back.

Peggy: Whooooo Waterford and Rookwood pottery. They would of ended up in my purse Pretty stuff! I wouldnt want to pack it either. I would be afraid.

Slavika: Its kind of sad when all the decorations go away. They are always so pretty. We were going to San Francisco this year to look at the decorations as they always seem to go all out. But we never made it due to the rain. ALAS. Always next year!

Trudy: Oh what a wonderful Birthday you had! Love hummingbirds. All your gifts sound lovely! Yep De-Fluff for sure! I think I will be back to normal by my WI Sat. It feels like it anyways. So Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-03-2002, 08:11 PM   #12  
Member Florida Chick

Unhappy Brrrrrr!

Sunny Florida is cold!!! Frost is forecast for tonight. But we don't have to shovel.
Glad you had such a nice birthday Trudy. You are doing well if you will get legal by your next weigh-in. It is going to take me some time, since I wasn't legal before the holidays. Love hummingbirds. They are such unique little birds. and pretty feisty for their size. How nice for you that Slavika and Dee are close by. Do you have a lot of snow? 60 is good.

Maria: How time flies. It is good that your DH will be in good shape to walk his daughter down the aisle. Glad your chiropracter is doing good things for you. I go to a massage therapist about every three weeks, and I'm sure that is what is keeping me from being stiff and having back problems like I had before.

Hi all; talk to you tomorrow. Ann
Old 01-04-2002, 12:04 AM   #13  

G'day all,

I went for my walk today and decided to try out another hairdresser. I had my hair cut and coloured, it looks OK but it cost me a mint , over $200 . I am a very 'do it yourself' person and very seldom have my hair coloured professionaly. Oh well, I guess once in a while to confirm to myself that I don't do a bad job colouring it myself is OK.

Ann A massage every three weeks, what bliss I am sure it would keep you feeling good. I used to regularly have a massage when I lived home, that night I used to sleep like a baby. It is a good thing that it is more and more recognised as being very beneficial for ones health.

More friends arriving tonight from Adelaide for the wedding of the son of friends tomorrow. A busy weekend.

Just watching a news update and more fires have broken out near Sydney Firemen all over the world seem to be a very special breed, volunteers are coming to the Sydney area from all over Australia.

Hope everyone is well.
Cheers
Maria
Old 01-04-2002, 09:39 AM   #14  
Fun Blonde

Maria - what you said about the fires really just astounds me. More? The situation sounds so severe. Yes, I do believe firemen are an astounding breed and we might be finally ready to acknowledge them as such. I go to a chiropractor now. For years I suffered from severe headaches and soreness in my shoulders and neck. I went very regulary for about 3 months and now I only go when I have the start of a headache. It is amazing. I go in felling like crap and walk out feeling so good. So nice that insurance carriers recognize how beneficial a chiropractor can be.

Trudy - didn't get in on the birthday wishes, but know you had a great day. Sounds as if your family appreciates you. So, are you getting a handle on the GERD (might have misspelled that)?

Lily - you weren't too bad if you can get back to your weight by wi time. You and my sister! You are both astounding. When I get my weight off, I am going to be careful too. Barbara has been at her weight for a year and half and watches it very carefully. I just admire anyone who can keep it off. That is the hardest part.

Slavika - when do you depart for the islands? We will miss you.

We got all our decorations down and packed up except for the yard. I just dread going back to a dreary dark yard. Wish we could keep them up during January, at least.

I just did something I just hate to do. I made my appointment for my 6 months checkup--mind, that is only making the appointment. Now I get to dread the actual exam and it isn't until the 28th. I do very well until the month rolls around when I get the blood test that tells if I am still in remission. Would appreciate it if you said a little prayer for my anxiety and for the results.
Glenda
Old 01-04-2002, 09:45 AM   #15  

Glenda, I wish you well, and I will pray for your test to be postive. My brother has Multiple Myeloma and it is time for his next test, I know how difficult it is to have to wait for such a test.

How are all you ladies? I am doing well, very motivated.

I am constantly searching for new recipes and made the family low fat key lime pie for dessert the other day. Boy that was good!

The sun is shining here today but the temps are really cold it is 21 right now. I am going to get out and take my walk though, once I get walking I stay warm anyway!

Have a good day all!
Closed Thread