Old 08-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core Chat: New week, new start: Aug 26-Sept 2

OK, new thread, combining thread names....

There are messages from today on the earlier thread...make sure to catch up!

Will Sandy's house sell? Will Tech make her dog eat all those bread sticks??? Stay tuned!!!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 PM   #2  

Just a quick "HI" to everyone
Will have to go read the other post later.
Went to weigh in tonight. I lost 2 lbs.
I was a little surprised. I didnt think my eating a couple of days were the greatest. I was within my points. But choices could have been better.
I am scared for this weekend. We are going out of town. Camping. And then we dont have a meeting on Monday. But am trying to make plans for the trip. Will let you know later what my plans are. And then you can give me some ideas.
Well have to go.
Hope everyone had a great day.
I am thinking of each of you.
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #3  

Way to go, Coco !!!

Well, camping could be a challenge...hot dogs, hamburgers, marshmellows??? It could be hard.

I had a good day, making healthy choices. It's going to be harder this week because a friend brought Jimmy Dean sausages home from her trip to the States. Oh boy, with friends like these!!!!

Have a good night everyone.

Rhonda
Old 08-28-2007, 02:30 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Congratulations, Coco. Are you taking a lot of 0 pt (or Core) foods to snack while you're camping? You are steadily losing weight. That's great.

Rhonda, Jimmy Dean is in our freezer, too. Do you have "hot"? We also have some game sausage that we're going to try out. We're thinking of having sausage made this fall.

Hmmmmmm? Will Sandy's house sell? The realtors' tour was this AM. We were gone, of course, but came home to find around a dozen realtors' cards on our dining table. A couple looked at it last night. The realtor who showed it told our realtor that all that was missing was rose petals on the driveway. If anyone's interested in seeing our listing online (I know that would be "just for the heck of it" looking), PM me and I'll PM you the website.

I'm making better eating choices today. Yesterday I did 2 miles but hope to do more today.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:46 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 10"

Afternoon everyone! Hope everyone is well. Had a good day today - my sister and I took Sarah to a local "hill". Its pretty big - there are ski trails on it. We did a hick to the top - took about 50 minutes and it was all up hill over rocks. Felt it in my legs, we then walked around the summit and then back down again. All in all we were out from 10 am until 12:30. Sarah did great! Of course she ate her lunch and then fell asleep in the car. I had a banana on the ride there, then lo pork roast (yes, just chunks of meat) and cut up veggies. Came home and had a banana muffin. So I'm pretty happy. The scale is still not cooperating - I need to weigh Sarah, I think it may be acting up. How can I be gaining a pound a day when I'm truly eating core and stopping when full???? Of course if I weigh myself 5 times in the morning it jumps around, I settle for the lowest number. HMMM, Target here I come??

Speaking of the muffins --- YUMMY!!! Great receipe Vickie. I did not add the nuts - and boy are they good. I'll be making them next week as well. Great breakfast but also good for an afternoon snack. I have them in a tupperware container in the fridge so they should last a while.

Sandra, great news on the house. How is the market in your area? In my town its good if you price your house right. There are alot of very expensive houses ($700K and up). For those with modest homes that are priced around $350k they sell. We bought our house 10 years ago - a true fixer upper. We only paid $140k, Market has gone up so much in MA - I don't know how people can buy first homes around here.

Coco- good luck camping. Try bringing lean burgers or turkey burgers or core hot dogs (fat free ones). Try the muffins as well-- could be a quick thing to have on hand. Have a great time.

Well, I have until 9/12 to decide what to do about the WW at work session. I failed once again - I know I should go to all the meetings and get back to it. But why is it so hard to committ?????? UGH. Let me see if I can lose something on my own.

Well, I think I'll run up to the Farmers market and see what I can find. Dinner tonight is steak on the grill - I'll have a salad to go with it. BBL
blessedwithsarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #6  

Hi All:

Paula, regardless of what "they say" I didn't find meetings all that helpful. Others do, but some don't. Do what you are successful at doing.

Sandra, no she didn't bring the hot ones...I think they're "mild." But, whatever the temperature, they're full of fat and high calorie. DH will love them; I will have a few but mostly avoid them.

I've had supper and I've got a whole 1.5 points left to eat! Well, I'm going so I just may eat my APs later. I also walked almost 6 miles today.

I went to the farmer's market today too, Paula. Oh, I just love the fresh foods right from the farmers. Sounds like Sarah had a great day!

BBL
Old 08-28-2007, 07:47 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

Paula, sounds like you and Sarah had a terrific day with your sister. We saw some people walking in a cornfield here in town. Looks like they'll be harvesting soon.

Rhonda, Curtis was wanting sausage for dinner but he got core chili instead. I have done better eatingwise today. Thank goodness! I need to get off here and go . I 1 mile earlier and I walked at least 1 mile, too. My goal for today is 5 miles. That's doable.

I'm waving at everyone here who's reading. I hope you're all doing well op-wise.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone
Well just got home from taking son to the Dr. He came home from work and said his knee was bothering him. He showed it to me. It was swelled and all red. And was warm to the touch. He didnt want to go. But told him. Better get it checked. Or may not be able to go on the camping trip. So he went.
The Dr isnt sure what it is. Either cellulitis or burstitis. Not sure of the spelling. So he is on two different meds. One for infection. And one for inflamation. So if it isnt better in a couple of days. He has to go back.
ONTARGET Your house is beautiful. I am sure you wont have any trouble saleing it. For the camp trip. I am planning on taking alot of veggies. And some ff dip. FF hot dogs. healthy choice turkey sausage. Some hamburg. and maybe some chicken. For a snack. I got me some 94% ff microwave popcorn. And am also going to make a fruit salad. But not sure what eles. I do know there will be NO SMORE"S.
TEJAS How are you doing. Good job with making healthy choices. It is hard to keep making them. I watched a rerun of Oprah today. Had DR OZ on it. Was glad I saw it again. Really helped me. Now I want to stay motivated.
BLESSEDWITHSARAH I enjoy my WW meeting. I get alot of good info out of it. And I know that I am not the only one struggling. And I also need the accountablity. My leader is really helping right now. Was really struggling. and she has stepped in and is helping me get my focus back. How was the farmers market. Hope you had a great supper.
Someone on the other thread asked me about tomato's. I either dice mine and freeze them. Or I make juice. I forgot who had asked. Sorry.
Well am going to get off here.
Hope everyone had a great day. Am thinking of each of you.
Night
coco
coco99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #9  
focused and aiming

Coco, I'm glad you got your son to the doctor. I hope he gets better quickly. Sounds like you have a good plan for the camping trip. We took some Jiffy Pop with us, too. It helps to have it, doesn't it?

I wish I'd seen Dr. Oz today. I'm sure it would have helped me, but I'm doing good today. Just wish I'd seen that show.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:58 AM   #10  

Hi All:

It's 1:45 AM and I'm wide awake. I went to sleep at 10 PM and woke up with an aching back, etc. I'm having toast and milk and heading back to bed, after taking some Alleve.

was cancelled tonight...no teacher, I think. I didn't even ask, just saw the sign and left. That's about the 4th time in about 2 months that has happened. I'll try to get to the morning class, if they have it.

Coco, you've got a good plan. That Oprah re-run was on here last week and I saw it. There's nothing like seeing that fat to help get focused!

I'm sorry about your son's knee. Hope it improves. That makes me think to report on my doggy, who is improving, but not much.

Sandra, email me the link so I can drool over your house, please.

Night all,
Rhonda
Old 08-29-2007, 12:26 PM   #11  

Yoo hoo...anybody out there??

Well, I went to this morning. All is well...OP and feeling motivated. Hope you are too.

Rhonda
Old 08-29-2007, 12:32 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

Rhonda, the link is on its way. I"m glad you were able to go to today. I've already done 1 mile . I'm aiming at doing a mile off and on today. I'm wondering how far I'll get today. Guess I'll find out later.

We have folks coming for a looksee at 7 pm tonight. The house is clean as a whistle.

I hope all of you are out there making healthy choices. I'm doing great this week (as of Monday). Life is good.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #13  

I just looked at Sandra's real estate site...wow..what beautiful views of the mountains and what gorgeous flower beds. It will be hard to give that up, but the world is a beautiful place so the next vistas will have their own beauty.

I've been OP and good today...not as much walking but staying low calorie without too much trouble..lots of fruit and veggies.

BBL

Rhonda
Old 08-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

I was doing well till a few minutes ago. Curtis and I are having a little trouble with the eating now.

Thank you, Rhonda. Our plan is to have flowers wherever we wind up. Derik said we can plant anything we want on his place--even trees and a garden. I'm not much into gardening except for flower gardens.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:37 PM   #15  
Butterflydawn

S/C/G: 218bs/118lbs

Height: 5'1"

Hey Everyone,

I'm starting weight watchers on Tuesday. Any advice?
Butterflydawn is offline   Reply With Quote