Old 08-27-2007, 02:40 PM   #1  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Default Delaware Sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. So I just have to vent about a few things.

I am going to school to get my RN. I have been going to the local community college.

I found out the they cancelled my financial aid for last semester and they wanted me to pay for the classes and books. a total of about 1000. So I told the guy that I talked to at the school that i had finiancial aid and it wasnt my fault that they were incompitent and never changed my address last summer. and I had done what I needed to do when I moved and i wasnt going to pay it.

So I decided to go to the community college in maryland. fine I have to pay out of state expenses... but i get financial aid. so its all good. so anyway.

I tried to get my credits transferred from Del-Tech to Cecil and I was told that I have to pay the 1000 before they can do that. I have three semesters worth of english and math credits that I now have to take all over again.... so this is going to push me back another year from starting clinicals.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I hate delaware and can not wait to move out of this state.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

OMG, how discouraging. Don't let this get you down though. Things happen for a reason sometimes, so maybe down the road you will find out why. Hang in there!
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #3  
Live with Intention

S/C/G: 260.6/see ticker/160

That really sucks!

I do suggest you do what you can to pay them the money or fight it until it's off your records. Financial aide doesn't forgive or forget and will come after you until you do pay. I know this first hand.
Pita09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #4  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I know it can be hard to find the money, but think about the earning potential you would be giving up by delaying entry into an RN job by one more year. You'd certainly make more than $1000 once you start working as a nurse, so it's probably worth it in the long run to pay it now.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #5  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Maybe you could get extra student loan money somehow and sneak over there and pay it off. Would that maybe be an option? Just dont tell them you want to pay it to another school, just act like you need it for living expenses or something.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote