LA Weight Loss - No Sclae Challenge

View Full Version : No Sclae Challenge

Mama Nicole
08-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Well.....here we go. See if you can pull this off with me...........it is quite simple........WI tomorrow (Tue), and then not again until next Tuesday morning. It is only 1 week of your life........YOU CAN DO IT!!!! I will post my WI here tomorrow :) Good luck ;)

chiquita623
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Count me in Nicole. I go WI at the COD today but will use my BNWI in the morning and will not get back on scale until next Tuesday. We're going to Indianapolis on Sunday for the US Nationals Drag Races so Monday will give me a day to try to drink lots of water and get rid of some of the off plan things I will probably end up eating.

bradleys mom
08-27-2007, 01:20 PM
Whoa, what a challenge! Wow, that makes me nervous! I barely made it from Monday to Saturday last week! How bout if I do it Wednesday to Wednesday? My COD isn't open on Tuesdays.

Katy66
08-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm in. I'll use my BNWI tomorrow am and then at my official WI is on Friday I'll tell the COD not to tell me. Good luck gang! My goal is not only to stay off the scale but to stay POP!

Mama Nicole
08-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Kimberly........yeah, Wed to Wed will do just fine

And Katy...........good addition to the challenge.......we all need to stay POP!!!

amylou7777
08-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Ok, I'm in. I warned the COD that I'd be turning away from the scale for a little while so....here goes!

chiquita623
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Well, I suppose it's now or never to get on with this challenge. My BNWI was 175.5 this morning. I have put the evil scale in the closet behind the toilet paper and cleaning supplies so that I'm not tempted to get it out before next Tuesday. We can do this!!!

Mama Nicole
08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
My sclae is going into my linen closet.......and my BNWI was 198.6. Good luck ladies :)

bradleys mom
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Sorry guys, I looked on the newbie thread and couldnt find an answer..

What is BNWI??

amylou7777
08-29-2007, 12:09 AM
BNWI=bare naked weigh in

Katy66
08-29-2007, 11:58 AM
BNWI yesterday morning was 210 - haven't looked since:) I actually had my DH hide the scale from me.....he thinks I've officially lost it but I was afraid I couldn't resist:)

aguerin
08-30-2007, 08:58 AM
O.K. ladies I'm in. I wasn't here to WI on Tuesday so I am going to post my last WI from COD. 145.? Plus while in ABQ I ate off plan for 2 days and I don't want to see the damage. :( Hoping to recover by Tuesday. Doing TO today with Womans World Version so I hope that helps with the recovery process. Good Luck All.

amylou7777
08-30-2007, 07:07 PM
wow, this is harder than I thought. I hadn't "hid" my scale yet and tried to do a quick weigh in before I stuffed it into the closet on wed morning....well someone was trying to tell me somthing bc as soon as I stepped on the digital read out said: Err....lol, so I "hid" it and promised myself I'd wait til Tues.

bradleys mom
08-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I weighed in yesterday and was at 249.8 . They really want me to come back Saturday morning to weigh in before all the Labor day festivities, specifically because I told them about the Labor day challenge and I think they are almost as excited about me meeting it as I am.. BUT, if I do weigh in I will not look and tell them not to tell me, or I may not go at all if DH is off Saturday! I always work Saturdays and I am off the whole weekend for the Holiday and it would be so nice for me and DH to actually get to sleep in one day... ARghhh I told y'all this would be a challenge for me!!!

Mama Nicole
08-31-2007, 11:45 AM
Hello friends. I am going to paste a little excerpt from the losers thread that I wanted to share with my fellow challengers :)

I do have to say it was very nice to not have to see a gain due to TOM since I am in the no sclae challenge. I feel a lot less stressed without that stupid sclae. I am really really really going to try to do only a weekly WI from now on. You can all stop laughing now.......
XOXO

bradleys mom
08-31-2007, 01:16 PM
:mad: AHHHH!! I am so weak! I caved in to the pressure!!! I weighed in!! Dh is sick so I had to go pickup his paycheck today, and well, I drove right by the COD and it pulled me right in!!! I really shouldnt have weighed in! Im up 2 lbs, but I really think its because I had already had breakfast, AM snack and had drank almost 30 oz! And when I weighed Wednesday I had only ate a very light breakfast... Oh well Sorry girls, I just LOVE that scale I guess... :frypan: Maybe no scale challenges arent my thing...:cry: Hope everyone else stays away from those scales! Im baaaad!

Mama Nicole
08-31-2007, 01:28 PM
It's ok Kimberly :) The no sclae challenge is mostly to help us become aware of how we CAN but don't have to let our sclaes dictate how our day will go, or how we feel about ourselves. It seems like you are handling your small gain (which is truly because you ate and drank, i'm sure).......so don't feel bad. You are doing so well. Keep your chin up, girl!!!
XOXO

Katy66
08-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Yep, no biggie Kimberly. And Nicole I'm right there with you. I've not made the best choices the past couple of days, stress eating BUT I'm getting back on track before I have to see the damage....May do a TO sometime next week.

amylou7777
09-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Don't worry Kimberly....you will be back down before this challenge is over. I'm going to w/i tomorrow and TRY to have my back to the scale. At this point I don't want to know....I have a goal in mind for tues and I'm going to get there!

Mama Nicole
09-01-2007, 10:02 PM
YOU CAN DO IT AMY!!! Love the new avatar, by the way :) You are gorgeous!!!

Mama Nicole
09-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow........had to hold myself back from getting my sclae out of the linen closet this morning. I have been good.....and I just want to see a payoff......but being instant gratification girl has not helped me in the past......so I am sooo trying to, "change my mind."

amylou7777
09-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks Nicole.

I am SO ready to get on that scale...I have been good since our night out for sushi but really am wondering where I am.
I know we are supposed to wait til Tues, but I may sneak a peak tomorrow just to see what my official Labor Day Weight is ;)

Katy66
09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
Way to go staying off the scale! I've managed to as well........although it hasn't been easy. My little addition of the POP goal to this hasn't really worked out for me:) One more day!

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Ok I caved today...but boy am I glad, bc I sure did like what I saw! Hopefully it wasn't a mirage, and my w/i this week at the COD will match!

This was a great challenge and really made me less stressed this week. I realized that I was weighing in about 6 times a day at home which is just ridiculous. I'm definitely going to try to keep this up, or at least cut my w/i down to once a day.

Mama Nicole
09-03-2007, 03:36 PM
I am still holding strong............and super d duper curious. I just can't wait until tomorrow :)

Amy.......I hope the COD sclae is good to you :) I, too, have been way less emotional about my fattiness this week. I am working hard, and am able to feel good about it :)

WTG Katy.........just staying off it crazy difficult, isn't it?

Hey, I put two of my blankies on my website today if anyone wants to check them out :) I just have buttons and buttonholes on one of my dresses, and then that one will be on too :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
09-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Well............the no sclae challenge did me good :) My BNWI this a.m. is 195.2. that's a 3.4 loss. Whooohooo :)
XOXO

aguerin
09-04-2007, 08:18 AM
First things first Amy & Kimberly your new avatars look WONDERFUL. You girls are so gorgeous. Keep up the good work.

Next, I made it through the NSC and I think it backfired on me. I am UP 2.8 pounds. Course that is because I ate off plan for 3 days during the last two weeks. So now I am going to have to do some recovery techniques and try to get back down. I guess you could say that my stabalization is not going well.

chiquita623
09-04-2007, 09:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies. Amy and Kimberly - I love the new avatars!! You two are truly gorgeous!!!

Man was it ever hard to stay off the scale for an entire week - I didn't realize how many times I would jump on it (like every time I passed it). Anyway my BNWI was 174.5. So I'm down 1#. Nicole - you did great. You should be proud of yourself!! As should everyone that participated in this challenge. I'm going to try to only weigh myself once a week from now on. (She said with her fingers crossed and hoping that she can do that and not revert back to old habits and ways!!!)

bradleys mom
09-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Aww gee thanks for the comments! What great esteem builders y'all are!

Good work on the losses ladies!!

amylou7777
09-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Thanks!

Kimberly-I don't know if I ever commented on your new pics (ilooked at your profile too) you can really see a difference from your last one! We are going to be lookin good by Colombus day!

bradleys mom
09-04-2007, 08:03 PM
aww thanks amy! Yep were gonna be HOTT! Im actually about 28lbs lighter now than I was in my first avatar.

Angie
09-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Okay, I'm joining you guys too! My last weigh in was two weeks ago...and that was 228.4, so I'll go back to the COD for a weigh in next Tuesday. I've been a little bad, so I'll need to be extra good over the next week to see any improvement. I really need to get more exercise.

Mama Nicole
09-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Ok, so even though this challenge is over, I wanted to share with you all that I have not stepped on my sclae since Tuesday, my WI day. I am not planning on getting on it again until Monday, my official Chicks to the finish challenge........and it is very very peaceful not to be on that piece of the devil daily :)