Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #1  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks! Aug. 27-Sept 3-7!!

What is Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks?

A bunch of us were all part of different challenges together, and when the challenges ended, we decided not to! So we all came together and decided to start a long term challenge group, and we called them the Hot & Healthy Challenge Chicks!

-Anyone can join the group no matter what your goals are or where you are in your weight loss journey.
-We are here to support each other, encourage each other, laugh together, and cry together.
-Our unified goal is to exercise, eat right (whatever diet plan we may each separately be following), and have fun!
-We encourage new members, as the more that join, the more friends we have to support us along the way!
-We only ask that you follow one teensy, tiny rule. At the beginning of each month we state what our goals are, and they can be WHATEVER YOU WANT!
Then at the end of the month we can share how well we did with our goals, etc. However, sharing at the end of the month is completely optional.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:11 PM   #2  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hi All! How is everyone today?

Well BF apoligized last night. So that is good. Hopefully, he will return to being his normal pain-in-the-butt self instead of the crazy lunatic he was this weekend.

Weigh in this morning was 214. I hate Tom. I will be glad when it is over!! To make my labor day goal I have to lose 3 pounds this week and weigh 209 by Labor day...Don't know if that is gonna happen or not, but it won't if i keep eating like a pig! I was suppose to run this morning, but gosh I was tired, and couldn't get my butt outta bed. That "darned spot" on my leg is still hurting so it's probably a good thing that I took the day off, and let it rest some more. Tomorrow morning I am running! I don't care! Nothing is stopping me!

Calories so far today are about 500. I plan on doing some yoga and Denise Austin core when I get home. Sis1's b-day dinner is tonight. Sorta a pot luck thing we all do for everyone's b-day so I gotta be good and save my other 1000 calories for Dinner!

Ice Princess; It sounds like you have a plan. The water from Pop change is a really smart one. You may lose a few pounds just from making the switch! You can do this!

Hugs to everyone else!!! I am off to drink my lemon water and do some actual work!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I have finally made a decision to go and get a new scale....mine is driving me crazy...I stood on it and it said 185 (inside I was going yayayayayaya!!! cause TOM) but then I got on again and it said 191....grr. I think this one needs chucked out the window and a digital needs to come in its place
Old 08-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Monday ... a new week has arrived! Let's hope this week is better than last for many of you ladies!

How's everyone doing? Jasmine, how are you and the kids doing?

Last week (Sun thru Sat) I walked 1.4 miles four times - (5.6 miles?!! OMG!), AND did 2.5 hours of strenuous yard work.

Cal average (Sun thru Sat) = 1443, Daily Fat % average: 29%

I'd like the fat % to be lower. I freaked out on potato chips which up'd the calorie count, especially the fat %. Yeek. I'm ok with the 1443 cal average tho, but I'll aim to make them "healthy" calories.

NSV (Non Scale Victory): A comfy sleeveless top, which buttons up & down the front, I can now wear without the big gaps.

I'm happy that my body is adjusting to fewer and healthier calories. Today I ate one 3 oz. skinless baked chicken breast with 2 cups of pasta with a couple tablespoons of parm. cheese. It filled me up! That's amazing, considering my former over the top lack of portion control.

Hope everyone is staying cool and has a more relaxing week!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #5  

Thanks Lodyangel

I now I can and WILL do this, I havnt went for my walk yet but I did clean house top to bottom today even washed a couple walls, so far no Pepsi today but only one glass of water so far, but I did freeze half of my big bottle for tommorow. My ds#2 want to get tight abs so he was asking me abotu my belly dancing vidoes, so were gonna give that a try ( specail mother/son thing LOL) to funny. So give you an update later.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/165/150

Height: 5-8

Hi Goils!!

How goes it? Well, I've been lazy, but eating ok. lol

I actually did a lot of walking this weekend but only went to the gym on Saturday.

My son has gone out for football, so what I've decided is.. since he gets out of football at 5:30 or so, that gives me an hour to work out at the gym after work by myself... ahhhh.. time alone!!

This way, I get my 60 minutes in, and.. time by myself. It works, right?

Today I had my total points..
FF Vanilla Yoplait yogurt (2pts)
Sugar free jello (0pts)
Lean Cuisine meal (5pts)
100 cal pack of ritz crackers (2pts)
Small salmon filet
Sauteed zucchini
4T of mashed potatoes
Sugar free jello (0pts)
(I'm not sure how much dinner added up to, I'm guessing about 9 points).

So, I stayed on points total today. I looove Weight Watchers. I'm more concious I think when I actually track what I eat daily. I'm not ALWAYS good, but I'm much better than I have been lately!

Have a good night
Old 08-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #7  
Muscle Mommy

I had no trouble getting the kids out of bed this morning when I told them their was a lunar eclipse. It wasn’t the best one I had seen, but they thought it was cool.

Got ready and got to the park before the sun was up. I ran day 1 of week 6 today. My “darned spot” and my right knee hurt some, but not bad enough to make me want to quit. Toward the end, as “push it” by Salt n Pepa played in my ear, I did just that. I really ran hard and fast (for me anyway). It felt so good. My old Principal was running Waaayyyy in front of me, and I tried to catch him, And was gaining on him, but had to quit because it was time for work. Ruined all my fun!

Did well with food, but ate like a pig at Dinner. It was Sis’ b-day dinner and the food was really good! Weight is still up and it is frustrating me. I know it will drop after TOM, I just wish TOM would end already! I need to lose 3 more pounds before Monday!!! I really want to make my labor day goal!!! SO I have to see 209 before then. UGH!!! My reward is a new bike, and I want that bike!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #8  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Hi ladies!

You are all doing so well. WTG!! Keep it up!

SO I clocked the last 7 day period at an average of 1625 calories and I did my walking so I lost 2.5 or so last week. BUT the 3 days since then have been terrible! 2 days at 2100 and 1 at 2400!!!! ugghhhhh I need to get back in my groove! I am still doing great on my walking though and am already at 2060 for the month.

We'll see how today goes.

lodyangel:

Quote:
Well BF apoligized last night. So that is good. Hopefully, he will return to being his normal pain-in-the-butt self instead of the crazy lunatic he was this weekend.
I need to go back and read what he did. I am sorry he is being a jerk!
Quote:
Good Morning all. Well I have a confession to make. After nearly 2 months of being on plan and doing really well, I binged last night. All the stress, TOM, everything, I just caved and pigged out on pizza. I was justly rewarded this morning. I had a gain of 5 pounds!!! WTH? I would have had to have eaten 17,500 calories to have gained 5 pounds! There is just no way! Grrr...It must be water weight. Hopefully it will come off in the next couple days.
It is just water hun!!

Quote:
Jasmine: How are you and the kids holding up? I'm praying for you.
Thanx, update below!

Rhighlan86:

Quote:
I think it's time to splurge on a digital scale and throw this dial out the window
No kidding. I HATE scales!

iriswhispers:

Quote:
jasmine - sympathies and well-wishes to you and your family
Thanx so much!!!

Ladiibbug:

Quote:
((((( Hugs for Jasmine )))))

I've been thinking about you today (and your kiddos) so I'm glad you posted. You must be so conflicted about your ex's passing. Geez, what a trial he's put you and the children through. You deserve extra special pats on the back for being able to concentrate on losing weight (or anything!) with alllll that stress!!

Take care.
Thanx so much hun!!! (update below) (((((BIG HUGZ BACK))))))

lodyangel:

Quote:
Hey Jasmine! My BF has put me through some of the same stuff. That is why we don't live together and will never get married. I am sure it is hard, and I am sure there is a part of you who will miss him and is sorry, that he is gone. But don't feel bad, that you may feel relief too. He did alot of bad, awful things to you. Now you and the kids can get on with your lives, no shadow hanging over you. (((HUGS))) I am here for you if you need anything! I know it's a little early for this, and you may have already thought of it, but don't forget to call the social security office to sign the kids up to draw off his social security. With no child support, you will need the extra money. Again, you and your kids are in my thoughts and prayers! (((hugs)))
Thanx so much hun! I am here for you too if you ever need to talk. I have free cell minutes on the weekend too!

Soc sec he actually got approved on disability thru them dec 2005 so the kids have each been getting $101.00 a month.

I did call them on friday to report his death and they said they will change it to survivors benefits which should be more money. I HOPE SO! Calif is so expensive. His sis asked if she could have the 4255.00 death benefit to help pay for the funeral so i said yes. I told her next year when we get our taxes back we would help her with $1,000 to help put him in the wall at the cemetary cause she doesn't have alot of money and no one is really helping her out, ya know?

He is my ex but he is my kids dad and if that is something I can help do for them so they have a place if they want to go visit then so be it. The rest of the taxes we will get a van. The prices for a knee level will be about $2700.00. It will be the cemetary up here that my mom was buried in. (He is being cremated)

The cemetary his mom is in is about 70 miles away and 3500-4500!!

$1,000 is alot of money, we are not well off but we get by and God takes care of us and like I said, it is for them. And not to be morbid or crass but I cant help being at times, its cheaper than getting a lawyer.

My bestfriends sis spends 3000-5000 in attorneys every 6 months!!!

And this last time it was really bad and he was lying in court saying I wont let him see the kids or call when he is the one who we didnt know for a year where he was and we have been in the same house for 7 years! Same number!!! He is the one who disappeared and when his sis called up i said, come get them, call, have fun etc.

uggghhhhhhhhh

And hes lying to the judge and the judge is saying get proof and the kids may be in your custody next time.

(basically put up or shut up and the judge knows what a smuck he is but still) that scared the **** out of me! So he did finally start calling so I am writing down and having the kids sign and when his sis comes having her sign she got them etc! ugghhh

I hate that someone can go and lie like that.

And then with the spanking thing. My ex used to spank the kids when they needed it, so did I. But since we got divorced he had a cow over anything and everything.

2 swats on the butt is NOT abuse!!! NO BLOOD, NO BROKEN BONES, NO BRUISES. You know what I mean? But because he wants to be a jerk about it the judge orders that joe nor I can spank the kids at all! He said he would put us in jail which to me is bull**** cause it is legal in ca to spank 1-2 on the butt! We even talked to the cps guy and he said the same thing. My kids have NEVER been abused, except by each other!

my 9 y/o was talking to us last nite and she was saying maybe it was a good thing this happened cause daddy kept dragging us back to court and kept trying to get me and joe thrown in jail!

This is disgusting! How can someone be like that? And here he is dying and he wants to spend his last year tearing the kids up, saying terrible lies about me and joe and trying to get us thrown in jail.

I try to feel sorry for him being dead and all and then I think about everything and I just keep thinking the same thing, this couldn't of happened to a nicer person. You know? I kept praying and asking God to help us and protect us and I guess this was his way. I know he is their dad but with him being so hateful what good was he doing them?

uuugghhhhhhhhhhh........

Friday his sis is coming to get us for the funeral and saturday my 2 aunts and grandma are coming out to see us. They generally come once a year during the summer. They all live 60-80 miles away. We see them a few other times thru the year like x~mas and easter. We kit on the phone. We are all going out to dinner, probably Coco's.

*sigh*

Quote:
Today for me was horrible. I spent it hiding from BF, and fighting with him on the phone. It was really bad. Worse then it has been in years! I left my house twice to keep him from coming to my house. The first time me and the kids were out for 3 hours. I hate when he acts crazy. I am just really stressed right now. Since I was half afraid he would call CPS I got Mom over here and we cleaned the house. I still have a mountain of clothes to wash and the kitchen floor must be mopped, but it looks better. It's so hard to keep it all together when you are working full time, college full time, Mom full time. It's nearly impossible! However because of all the drama I didn't eat Dinner til 10 o'clock. So calories were low! I haven't added them up yet, but they were well under 1500 calories.
Aww hun i know! When I was working I had a hard time keeping it together too! Thank God I am home now and can keep up with it. No offense to any garage neat freaks out there but my housekeepers helper was and still is at times, the garage.

Dirty clothes? Get some baskets and throw them all in there! You NEED to eliminate some of the kids stuff. Tell them the front room and kitchen are a toy free zone! If you find it, it gets tossed in the garage. Give them 10 minutes to clean their rooms. If they have any remnants, they get tossed in buckets and go in the garage. they can swap stuff out later. But really, kids are able to take care of very few things. I got tired of all the messes and less is best!

Dishes, I use my dishwasher and am able to keep up but, you can use paperplates!!!! Once you get caught up, right after dinner pick two kids and train them how to use it. My middle two are actually pretty good at loading the dishwasher!

Basically the less stuff, the less mess, the less mess, the easier to clean.

What was he mad about?

Thank God when cps came out the different times he sent them I wasn't working and was at home and it was clean.

Rhighlan86:

Quote:
Oh I'm so sorry lody. Why on earth would he call CPS on you. That's a bit extreme if the only reason is he is angry at you and wants revenge. If that's the case you may seriously want to rethink having him in your life. Someone thats willing to try to get your children taken away for the sake of being evil is not worth it. You deserve better!
That was exactly how my ex was. When we had court the first time the fridge was a disaster between 5 kids and trying to move away, that was one thing I left behind for him. SO what does he do? he takes pics of it to come show the judge the fridge was dirty! *rolls eyes*

So we did wind up coming back to this house anyhow the first thing Joe did was help me paint, steam clean and we cleaned the fridge out and put locks on it! That way 1 kid doesn't eat an entire loaf of bread, or dump a gallon of milk etc. Things got alot more neater and organized.

They had plenty of food and whatever they wanted to eat, JUST ASK! Ya know? Less mess, less wasted food.

When Chris' grades started slipping, we put a lock on the game cabinet and told him no games til the weekend!

Well of course when their dad came back in their life in dec/jan and wanted to know every little annoyance/complaint etc.

He has a fit when he heard we locked the fridge and freezer and acted like we were starving the kids! My eldest dd is 300 lbs!!!!!

Can you imagine the cps and cop guy having to ask a 300 lb 14 y/o if they are getting enough to eat?????

The wic lady when I bring my 3 y/o is telling me Katy needs to lose weight and is in the 90 prcentile. So I started having her get out the stroller and walk a bit on my walks. My middle dd is a little chubby. Chris and c.j. are right on target.

We locked the game cabinet and guess what? Chris came home with A's and B's!!!

But we are such awful parents. *rolls eyes*

I am just so glad it is all over. Like I said Melody, if you ever need to talk, I have been there and I am here for you!! And anyone else who needs me

Rhighlan86

Make sure you eat hun!!!

stopeating

Quote:
She called the police on us so much this summer because my dh didn't call at a certain time!
That sounds like my ex! The cops got to know us very well and knew he was a harrasser and was full of it! Thank God they and the cps have more sense! The cps guy closed the case immediately and told me to give the cop his buis. card and say we were clear but the cop needed to go thru the motions.

In the last mediation report it list 5 cps calls and it also said ALL OF THEM WERE UNFOUNDED!!!!

I always kept asking myself why couldn't we just get along, I was never the one trying to start stuff or get him in trouble or even taking him to court, EVER! It was always him. Then I reminded myself if he could of just been nice and got along, we would NOT of been divorced!

Melody:

Quote:
He was REALLY crazy then. He assaulted me and I had him arrested.
Like he beat you up? Broken bones? What? uggghhhhhhhhhh

That is why I left with the kids to Montana years ago cause he threatened me. Keep it documented!!!! Get cop reports, hosp reports.

Quote:
When we went to court, the judge was like..."He gets to see the kids. So what day?" He had just assaulted me, was on drugs and they were still gonna let him see them! WTH??? So I put up with alot, just to keep my kids with me.
Sweetie I know, it is disgusting!!! Like when my ex abandoned them and did no call, no show for an entire year! And before that it was one 20 minute visit, then nothing for 6 months!

He goes into court (years ago)saying he is homeless and not working and cant afford child support and he was even dumb enough to admit to the mediator last time that he had a mental breakdown! He said if he got custody of the kids he would get more food stamps. He even threatened Joe to the mediator in jan of 2005 and he still got weekend visits! He said he wanted to tear his arms and legs off so he is obviously violent but they dont care!

His sister was taking care of his soc sec check and got an apt in her name for him and his dad cause they couldnt and couldnt even manage their money!

He was so sick at 35 he can never work another day in his life, yet he wants to ask for custody of our 5 kids and act like I am not taking care of them!

I have been here taking care of them for 15 years!!!! And all the years when he was on the road driving truck, I WAS THE ONLY ONE HERE!!!

I could go on and on and on.

When we were splitting, my ex had spent the last few years complaining about the burden of me and the kids and even went so far as to say many times that i shouldnt of had all those kids! Which is why it surprised me even more when he wanted to fight tooth and nail for custody. (Probably just to hurt me)

And that is the 1 big reason I tried working it out one more time cause I was scared out of my mind of the kids being with him 50% of the time and I told myself no matter how miserable I am now it was killing me thinking I could lose the kids 50% of the time. These kids are my life I have always taken care of them.

So i know exacly what you mean but hun I have to tell you, you are worth finding someone that will treat you better! I thank God for Joe he has truly been a blessing to me. Get your i's dotted and your t's crossed. Collect whatever info you have.

How long are you going to wait? Its not fair to you. These last few years for me have been terrible. (cept when he disappeared) but you know what? God and Joe got me thru. When the new court stuff hit and i was so upset I reminded myself thank God I just have to see him in court and I don't have to actually go home with him.

Quote:
Jasmine: I am still praying for you!
Thanx so much!!! Yeah everyone who is praying just please be praying that God can restore unity, peace, love, harmony and happiness back to this home. That we get our sense of family back. We took a heavy hit with all the ex's crap and lies and sowing seeds of hate and......ugghhhh

I know we will get there and part of it already has but it is hard.

Ice Princess:
Quote:
Im a 32yr old divorced mother of three BOYS 15, 13 and 7 all of which are my life so to speak. My oldest has just moved in with his father and the last couple of years have been HELLLLLLLLLL. I think most can relate.

If I missed anyone I am sorry!!!

SD Gal:

Its good to see ya hun!!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 08-28-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

hey everyone, just checking in on this week's thread - best wishes to all and more later! =)
Old 08-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #10  

Default ugh

Today started off sucky and I just have a very strong feeling it's going to end sucky. First i missed two of my classes cause either my cell phone didn't wake me up or cause I set it wrong...I dunno what but I missed them. So then I got up and checked my email and saw that I didn't get a ticket to the first game of the year (football). They have a stupid lottery system that is severly flawed....almost every freshman gets a ticket, but seniors? Many of them miss out. I even requested the senior section and did I get a ticket? No. That upset me.

After all that hubbub I went and took a shower and I know this isn't a big deal but I got soap in my eye and it really burned. When I'm down just little things like that irk me. So I got out of the shower and went and watched tv and dbf and I were joking around. Well I thought we were still joking, but sometimes the way I am he doesn't see it as joking. I grew up in a very sarcastic family and so I sound serious but I'm not I'm being sarcastic. He grew up in a family that is not sarcastic at all. So he thinks that I am being mean and I'm not it's just my way of kidding. After that he went into his room and I followed him in about 10 minutes later and tried to hug him and he said he needed his room and wanted to be alone. This upset me (TOM) and so I went and slammed my door and didn't talk to him. A little later I realized I was being *****y and I went back into his room and he was laying on his bed so I went and layed with him. For a minute or so he put his arm around me and then he pushed me away again. Upset me severely and I started crying my eyes out and went into my room and shut the door. Since then we haven't talked. I texted him and said I was sorry and that I loved him...got nothing. I let him know he hurt me before that though. He didnt reply at all to anything. When I came back from class I saw him and asked if he wanted a ride to his class and he all but ignored me and just shook his head and kept walking.

I swear he PMS's worse than I do. When he gets like this he will not talk to me and it just hurts me more and more and I don't know what to do. I try to talk to him and he just shuts me out.

On top of that it looks like we are going to have to have a lawsuit for the car wreck my family and I were in because the insurance company doesn't want to give us money for injuries.

The only up part today was that I got to play with my rat in my psych lab. It was too cute cause we were trying to get him to eat food and everyone elses rat was eating and mine fell asleep. He cracks me up. I may adopt him at the end of this lab.

Foodwise today things are going good....it just seems like everything else is in the pooper. I dunno....just one of those days
Old 08-28-2007, 04:08 PM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

Jasmine: "I try to feel sorry for him being dead and all and then I think about everything and I just keep thinking the same thing, this couldn't of happened to a nicer person. You know? I kept praying and asking God to help us and protect us and I guess this was his way. I know he is their dad but with him being so hateful what good was he doing them?"

Don't feel bad about feeling that way. This WAS God's way of protecting you all.

AS for the house I scaled back all Summer, and it still didn't help! Everytime Their Nana (BF's Mom) takes them she buys them more crap! I can't keep up!

Jasmine: "Like he beat you up? Broken bones? What? uggghhhhhhhhhh"

More like he roughed me up a bit. No broken bones (Thank God). A scraped knee, bruise on my ribs, a broken blood vessel in my eye. He scared me more then anything. Had a gun out. Didn't point it at me, but I felt threatened. His Best Friend was there and took the guns. He completely destroyed the house and attacked me. All this in front of the girl he was cheating on me with. (I didn't know that at the time though!) I always wondered how a woman can stand by and watch a man beat up his GF. Do you really think he won't do that to you? He was into drugs really bad. He had only been doing them for about 2 months during this time and I watched him morph into a monster. Anyone who tells you that Drugs do not affect people like that is full of Sh*t! I lived it! He did some horrible things to us. Well....whatever...that was years ago. Five years to be exact and he hasn't done anything like that since. He's an @ss (he's a man isn't he? ), but he's not physical with me. I don't know what his deal was this weekend. He's perfectly normal now. He's been super sweet ever since Sunday. We don't get along alot of the time. That is why we don't live together! He drives me crazy!!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:25 PM   #12  
Muscle Mommy

Rhiglan: Sorry you had such a crappy day. It seems to me that you more then made up for hurting BF's feelings. Leave him alone til he decides he's ready to talk. Your right men's mood swings are far worse than ours!

I still have not made my August goal. This weekend was so crappy that it didn't get done. However i ran again tonight. That is right 2 runs in one day and now am 50 mins from goal.

Here's my exercise plan for the rest of the week:

Wednesday: Denise Austin core- 35 mins
Yoga 30 mins

Thursday: C25K week 6 day 2- 30 mins
Taebo- 45 mins

Friday: Upper Body strength training

Saturday: C25K W6D3- Run 25 mins, no walking! Will run/walk for a total of 5 miles- at least 1 hour

Lower body strength training
Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Did anyone catch Oprah today, with heart surgeon & author Dr. Mehmet Oz? He & Michael Roizen have written several best selling books (which I didn't know), the "You: An Owner's Manual" (all about how the body functions), and

You: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management (amazon link below):

http://www.amazon.com/You-Owners-Man...8350111&sr=8-1

I'm gonna check my library for this.

He showed the five worst foods:

1. Sugar, white

2. High Fructose Corn Syrup: A kind of sugar, which, GET THIS, blocks the signal to the brain that your body is FULL

3. White flour: Stripped of all nutrients and good ingredients. Even "enriched" label white flour is a poor substitute.

4. Saturated Fat: Fat from animal sources

5. Hydrogenated Fat, aka TransFat: Originally "good" fats from plant sources (corn, soybean, etc.) that had hydrogen added to prolong shelf life. This process makes a good fat into a BAD fat.

A Few of the Best Foods:

1. Garlic

2. Spinach

3. Nuts - but NOT roasted nuts. Roasting turns the good fats into bad fat.

4. Pomegranates or pomegranate juice

5. Best Healthy Oils: From plant sources, esp. olive oil ... BUT cooking turns the good oils into a bad thing. Sigh. So use the oil on the food after it's cooked, or use where you don't heat the oil.

Dr. Oz (quite a handsome man!) showed a heart bypass surgery in progress and talked about what a poor substitute that is for living a healthy lifestyle which prevents fat build-up.

Lots of the above is basic, you prob. all know it, but it was good to hear.

Also, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee was a guest on a cancer forum on TV. Talked about his 110 lb. weight loss following his DX with Type II diabetes. Sez his Dr. sat him down and explained in detail how diabetes blocks the flow of blood to capilleries (the tiny blood vessels, I think). First the blood flow to the eyes is blocked (leading to blindness), then blocks flow to the feet and legs, then to the vital organs, starving those organs.

So at age 49, at his DX, he totally changed his lifestyle, lost the weight and is now a very convincing voice for losing weight and eating healthy.

Fear of diabetes & increased risk of cancer for overweight people is what finally motivated me. I HATE needles (diabetes). My nurse/practioner and OB-GYN have been talking to me about weight for a couple years, which I blew off while acting interested.

My blood glucose levels have been very slightly elevated the last two years, this is an indicator of possible diabetes development.

That, plus just HATING seeing how wide I am when walking up to the post office (in their glass doors) finally did it for me.

Tomorrow I have a follow up for anemia with Dr. & will be weighed. Wish me luck! I want to be a big loser!
Old 08-28-2007, 11:18 PM   #14  

Default update

Update on my day...it nearly got worse. After boyfriend upset me for the upteenth time as I said I took a nap. Well in my sleepy stupor I couldn't understand why I set my alarm for 6 so I hit the snooze again and again. At 6:30 the snooze went off and I was like why in the heck did I set it for 6 if I have a 7:30 class and then I remembered why......my class is at 7! I nearly missed it. But I hurried my butt up and got to class in time thankfully.

Dbf and I made up I guess. We never said anything more about it. I called him after class about dinner and we decided on a gigantic salad. On the way home I made a pit stop at blockbuster and got the movie he wanted (Blades of Glory...he loves Will Ferrell) and we just started talking as we made the salad. Then we started joking around when we were watching the movie. And things were OK again. I wish I could slip him a pamprin sometimes. The funny thing is he even admits that he Pms' when I do.....and he says I'm bad

Hopefully tomorrow goes better.

Last edited by Rhighlan86; 08-28-2007 at 11:19 PM. Reason: deleting
Old 08-29-2007, 07:49 AM   #15  
Muscle Mommy

Good Morning all! Things are good here. Weigh in this AM was 213. So the weight is sliding back down. I don’t think there is a chance in heck that I will average a loss this week. That’s okay though I guess. However, I really wanna see 209 by Monday. I would love to make a ticker goal for once in my life!!!
I think 209 is doable. After I shed all this TOM weight it will go down.

Ran twice yesterday! Once in the AM and again at night I ran another 1.2 miles. It wasn’t as much fun though since it was hotter, more humid, and by then stuff was a little sore from my earlier runs.

This T-shirt I have on is loose! Yes! That makes me feel pretty dang good! Even if the weight isn’t budging this week I can see that there are changes happening!

2 more days to the LONG weekend! I can’t wait!!!
Closed Thread