LA Weight Loss - 08/27/07 New Alli Thread, Support Here Now

StillTryin
08-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Welcome to a new week Alli-cats, and Alli-gators! I hope you all had a good weekend. I did! I havnt been weighing in because I know I have gained!!! :(
But that is OK, I am under a bit of stress with the job issues so I know it will settle down very soon.

Please read here and support here...but dont forget to go to last weeks thread and catch up....

Tammy
08-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Still, I'm with you about weighing. I know I overdid it a bit on the weekend, so I don't plan to weigh until Thursday. I don't want to get depressed with a gain.

Thingirl, I can help with the 24 hour buffet!! lol

Brightside, going to a party over the weekend would have been my downfall too. I over did it, and I didn't go to a party! I'm back on track today also.
Need to kick up my exercise a bit.

Hun.e.B
08-27-2007, 11:24 AM
Well I weighed in! Not good! But I knew it wasnt going to be since I've not been on Alli or following plan since before we went away. But I'm considering today to be Day 1! TOM came today so it made for an even more enjoyable weigh in....NOT!! DH is on board with me, I've officially got 36 weeks, 5 days to get myself into serious shape so I can wear a great dress for my graduation. I'm excited to just finally get this done!

Hope everyone is ready to have a wonderful onplan week!! I know I am!!

dcapulet
08-27-2007, 12:35 PM
yea alli!

i'm back on the plan after being off for a little...

woo hoo! i hope it's a great week!

Tammy
08-27-2007, 12:51 PM
It sounds like many of us are tackling this anew this week! I've been doing ok, but just ok. Today (it's only 1:00) I've done great!! lol

StillTryin
08-27-2007, 01:40 PM
I agree, lets all focus on being OP this week and getting back on that stupid horse, since we have all either faltered or (in my case) just flat fallen off!!!

Hun.e.B
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I fell off...but I'm back on...strapped in, buckled down and holding on!!!

Travellin
08-27-2007, 11:34 PM
Anyone else have trouble remembering to take their pills? I forgot mine at lunch today and just remembered to take my dinner one (just barely within the hour timeframe). Grrr, I'm so darned absentminded.

I leave for vacation on friday this week. I won't be taking it while I'm gone (we'll be in Europe and I don't want to risk any TEs). I fear I'll be seeing a gain upon my return.

Beck1Beck
08-28-2007, 07:49 AM
Well, one more lb down. It's a little discouraging, cause I've been pretty good this week, but at least it's in the right direction.
Personal goal for this week is to double the distance walked. I got a good start on it last evening, so let's see how well I stick to it. heheh

Travelin: I've been struggling for the last few weeks to remember to take the pills too. Did better last week, only missed one, but it's tough at times to remember.

Meanwhile, here's a little quote to help us through the day:

“There are two different kinds of people in this world:
those who finish what they start, and ”

---Brad Ramsey

Brightside
08-28-2007, 08:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Yes, definitely time to get back on the horse. Beck - love your quotes! They always make me smile!

Yesterday was my first day of exercising twice a day. Last year I exercised twice a day and it helped me lose 20 pounds in 4 months but then I decided I liked staying up late to watch tv, couldn't get out of bed in the morning and gave up. But, with my dog giving me sad eyes ("why are you walking on that thing when we could be walking outside?!"), I have now hit the treadmill 2 mornings in a row (NSV!). I take the dog out to walk after dinner. So yesterday I walked almost 4 miles total. Today I only had time for 1.5 miles on the treadmill so I'll try to increase my walk with the dog tonight so that I complete 4 miles for the day.

My scale was up this morning but I had popcorn yesterday and a serving of fritos. Hopefully it's just water retention.

I **try** to take my pills with every meal, regardless of fat content. It makes it more of a habit and I'm less apt to forget. If I miss any, it's the pill at lunch just because I don't always sit down to eat lunch and I'm grabbing something on the run. I think the hardest thing is to take the darn pill when I know I will be overindulging...like I did at the party on Friday night. I'm still a bit messed up (orange oil still showing up) but I'm doing better eating-wise and having a more positive frame of mind.

Here we go, one day at a time, one meal at a time!

StillTryin
08-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Well, today is my job interview.....I am excited! I have a hair appointment a couple hours before for a wash and style (she always does such a good job for $8) I figure the less I have to do the better, my hair always looks more professional when she does it..lol (good excuse right?)

I am on track today, granted it isnt even 8am yet, but I am done with breakfast...I had my pill, plus my prescription meds. So I am done until lunch today, which will be nice to have at home with hubby....

I am brushing up on some terminology that will help me with the interview and then I am going to FOCUS on staying OP all day, this will be the first day all month that I will be 100% OP!!!! I WILL DO THIS!!!

Good luck everyone! And PLEASE say a prayer and cross your fingers for me today, I REALLY need the extra thoughts!

dcapulet
08-28-2007, 09:08 AM
travelin: yep, i was always forgetting to take the pills. Any pills. That's why I use the neuva ring, because two kids is enough! ;)

Stilltrying: good luck on the interview. I have one on thursday.

Speaking of forgetting.... I have been off the alli for so long, when I woke up with cramps and had to run to the bathroom, I though I had food poisoning. Then I remembered: TE's! Shows you where I am....:dizzy:

Tammy
08-28-2007, 10:02 AM
I haven't had any trouble remembering to take my pill, at least so far. But I do have trouble remembering my prescription meds! Not a smart thing!!

Travelin, my suitcase is packed, so just swing by and pick me up on Friday when it's time to leave. I won't take my pills to hold off TE too while we're gone. lol

Beck, I really think it is going to have to be slow and steady for us. It doesn't seem to matter how good I am, I only lose a little or none at all. I know I need to up the exercise. I'll start a water aerobics class next week, so I know that will help. I love the quote!!!

Brightside, good for you on all the walking! I take my dog for walks, but sometimes I have to carry him back if we go to far. lol He's a dachsund, and he's 13 1/2 years old. When he gets pooed out, he'll just go over into the grass and lay down and look at me. He's really quite pitiful.

Stilltryin, good luck!!! You'll do great!!!! I like the idea of getting your hair done. You are definitely in my prayers!!

dcapulet, good luck on your interview on Thursday!! I chuckled about the food poisoning!!

Hun.e.B
08-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Good Morning everyone! Well I had a fantastic day yesterday and plan to have another one today! Long day of classes for me so no opportunity to be snackin, but daytime isnt my trouble time anyway. I struggle with dinner and late night.

I'm not gonna take the time this morning for personals just know that I support you ALL 110%! I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!! Cant wait to see all the great successes coming from each and every one of you!! We CAN do this!!

Brightside
08-28-2007, 11:33 AM
StillTryin-good luck today!!!!! Great idea to have your hair done. Personally I think if you look good, you feel good! Go for it and let us know how it goes!

Beck1Beck
08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
StillTryin:--YOU GO GIRL!!
Be sure and let us know how it goes.

StillTryin
08-28-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks, I am getting ready now! My hair turned out NICE...I LOVE IT. And she did my nails toooooo as a special treat for me...they are SHORT, but manicured.....I am getting my face and clothes on now..so I will let you know how it goes!!!

Tammy
08-28-2007, 09:16 PM
Big news. My TOM finally started. TMI??? It should have started the beginning of August. I have been crampy all month. I thought (was hoping) that maybe the menopause thing was here, but I guess not yet. Anyway, I'm hoping that maybe that will help with the weight loss efforts. Maybe by Thursday morning, I'll be down a pound! I sure hope so.

Any news on the job interview??

StillTryin
08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Congrats on TOM Tammy...

Ok my interview went well, it lasted 45 minutes. They asked a few questions, there were some "what if" senarios and a roll play (which I hate, but I did pretty good). Then I asked about the timeline to let the person know and he said within a day or so, but his regional manager said "you are definately in the running"....OMG I am so excited. There are only like 10 women working in this position for this company....so I am feeling good. They both agreed and liked many of my replys. They also mentioned that they liked that I am not in a rush and looking for a "good fit" for my family with a company. So I think I have a GOOD chance, but now I have to wait!!!! GRRRRR. My hubby figures I should know by noon tomorrow since the regional manager is leaving town in the morning to head to another state and has to be there by 5pm! So I hope he is right! WISH me luck and keep your fingers crossed a little longer for me. Any thoughts?
Oh and out of the 18 applicants that they interviewed, they called back 6, I was the only woman who was interviewed at all.

Tammy
08-29-2007, 07:52 AM
Stilltryin, what you say sounds very encouraging!!! Let us know as soon as you find out!!!!

debalina
08-29-2007, 08:27 AM
I haven't been on the board for quite a while. Much has happened in my life. I separated from my husband and have been apart for almost 1 month. I didn't realize how much he heald me back in the eating and exercise department until now. I am eating healthier and now going to a gym 3 times a week with my coworker. The other days I'm working out at home. I haven't felt better.

I did gain some weight before I moved out, but I'm back down to 220. I want to lose 10 pounds by the end of September. I believe I can do it now. I have no junk food in the house and really don't crave any. I eat a pretty big and filling breakfast and lunch and then dinner is a salad. I try to eat 2 snacks during the day. I noticed that if I eat more smaller meals, the weight comes off. I won't weigh myself again until Monday. I hope to see some results, even if it's just a pound! That's 4 sticks of butter!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Welcome to a new week Alli-cats, and Alli-gators!

I forgot to look for the new thread! Hi everyone :)

Thingirl, I can help with the 24 hour buffet!! lol
:D

Anyone else have trouble remembering to take their pills?
Sometimes I forget and take one like an hour later, sometimes I can't remember if I if or not? so I take another :dizzy:

I have a hair appointment a couple hours before for a wash and style (she always does such a good job for $8)

8.00?? wow that is so inexpensive, I don't think i've had a hair appointment under 30.00 :o

Ok my interview went well, it lasted 45 minutes. They asked a few questions, there were some "what if" senarios and a roll play (which I hate, but I did pretty good).

oh I hate that kind of thing too, they really put you on the spot to think on your feet :o Glad to hear it went well, hope you hear some good news soon.

I haven't been on the board for quite a while. Much has happened in my life. I separated from my husband and have been apart for almost 1 month. I didn't realize how much he held me back in the eating and exercise department until now. I am eating healthier and now going to a gym 3 times a week with my coworker. The other days I'm working out at home. I haven't felt better.

Hi debalina, Glad to hear you are doing so much better now thatyou are separated :hug:Sounds like you are on the right track to some good weightloss toning up.

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah I am excited to hear today (hopefully). The gal who does my hair I can get it cut, colored (hi & low lights), wash, dry and style for $50-$60. I love it! I had a wash/style yesterday and had a set of nails put on for $45, granted I tip her well, but the actual cost is cheap! I think she is great too!

Tammy
08-29-2007, 10:53 AM
debalina, I'm always sorry to hear about a marriage ending, but in your case it sounds like you are doing better! I'll be keeping you in my prayers that you will stay strong and do what is right for you!!! Sounds like you have a plan of attack for the weight loss. Just keep checking in for the support that is so graciously given at this site.

Stilltryin, your hairdresser sounds like mine with the prices. I know that people are amazed that she charges so low. I've been going to her since 1987. I remember that because I started going to her right before I found out I was pregnant. She tells Tim that she's known him since he was conceived. He just rolls his eyes. lol

Glad that my TOM started, but I'm cramping so bad today and flooding. I am afraid to leave the house. I had a list for Wal Mart. Hubby just left with my list.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!!

Hun.e.B
08-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Ever feel like you are talking to yourself? I get that alot here. I wish all all the best in your journey alligators! Good luck to you all!

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 12:10 PM
Melissa, I know what you mean sometimes...lol
You know you are doing good. Why does it say 0 weeks on Alli? Arent you taking it anymore? Whats going on?

Debalina, Good luck with your divorce, marriage break ups are always hard, but it sounds like you have your life in control and will be fine! GOOD LUCK we are all here for you!

Well my saga continues. I sent an email to thank the manager for the second
interview and his reply came within the hour saying:
Thank you again for coming by and interviewing with us again. We certainly
appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about the Sales Consultant
position. [name removed] and I will be making our decision shortly and will let
everyone know what our decision is. Thank you very much for your time.
it doesnt sound positive or negative, so what do you all think? Darn I wish they would just CALL already!!!!!

Hun.e.B
08-29-2007, 12:21 PM
well...like I said the other day, I started over on monday. Made a fresh start

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Oh OK, I misunderstood it then, so you are starting really "FRESH"..lol
I have done OK now this week, not perfect but not BAD, so I am hoping I am kinda back on again!
Good luck Melissa, you will be fine!

Brightside
08-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Happy Wednesday! It's super-hot here in Michigan. Thunderstorm is expected this afternoon which should help cool things off. I'm grateful to have a/c.

Debalina - welcome and good luck with your personal life. It sounds like you're on the right track!
StillTryin- sounds like a typical after-interview response. Get out of the house, go for a walk, anything to keep busy! We're all anxious to hear!!
Tammy-you sound just like me last week. I also didn't want to leave the house but didn't have a choice (had to go to work). I got almost no sleep, getting up hourly to change a tampon, etc. Sorry, TMI. How sweet of your dh to go do the shopping.

I had a good day yesterday except for some unplanned snacks. I took the kids to the park to go swimming and we met up with friends. She brought chips, chex mix, pretzles, pb & J sandwiches for everyone and drinks. I overindulged in the chips/chex mix. I didn't have time to pack anything before we left (came home from work, changed clothes & left). A good piece of advice - always keep some granola bars in the car. Oh well. All the rest of the meals yesterday went well and I'm doing well today!

Beck1Beck
08-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Put on your grubbiest clothes and start mucking around in the garden or working on your car--something that gets you really nasty.

Almost guarantees that you'll get a call asking you to come in and talk some more, RIGHT NOW!!

heheheheheheheheh

Keep Breathing,

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 03:20 PM
Beck, your too funny. I would be outside if I wasnt stuck at work today sitting here at my desk!!!! GRRRRRR...
I am so frusterated...now I am sitting here wondering if they called "the one" and the other 5 of us are just sitting waiting...or have they really NOT decided yet....AHHHHHH

I wish I would have been at home today, just think of all the crap I could be getting done...

I keep looking at my cell phone wishing it would ring! I just called my house in case they called there and left a message, but NO, they didnt.....ahhhhh

Tammy
08-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Melissa, I know you said the other day that it was Day 1. I think that's when many of us were saying that we needed to get back on track. I restarted my tracker when I started Alli (and last year when I started WW, and last spring when I gave up on everything). Sometimes it's good to have a fresh beginning.

As for talking to yourself, I know what you mean. I post on a couple other threads, and there was a time that I was the only one posting for several days. Now that was really talking to myself. I admit I don't respond to everyone on here, but I try to most of the time.

Beck, when I was hired for my first teaching job, my mother drove to the cornfield where I was working to tell me they wanted me to come in that afternoon and sign my contract by a certain time. I had no time to get cleaned up, so I went in to the office in cut off shorts, a tank top, funky scarf tied around my hair, muddy socks and shoes, and I was filthy. The superintendent didn't even make a comment. He just handed me a pen and the contract.

Stilltryin, I would be going nuts too!!!

I have spent most of today in bed. I take medicine, then go take a nap. These are the worst cramps I've ever had. My husband said a while ago to just relax and he would fix supper. He's a gourmet cook. We are having Hamburger Helper. lol

got2gethealthy
08-29-2007, 04:07 PM
i am seriously thinking about doing the alli diet, but was wondering what you all thought about it. the side effects worry me ! did any one think about going to the dr. and getting merida ? iknow for me it would be less expensive. what kind of food do you eat ? i know from what i read no fat !!! i read the alli book but wanted to get "professional" opinion from the folks on this board. thanks

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 04:27 PM
Tammy, that is just funny as crap...and you know I am also a teacher...lol, but there are no teaching jobs around here...so here I sit! Oh-well, I did Sub for a few years before starting this job I am in.

Got2gethealthy, I have been on Alli for a couple months and as long as you stay OnPlan, you "shouldnt" get treatment effects, I know it will differ for each person. But as long as I stay under the 16 grams of fat per meal then I have had NO problems. I never considered going to the DR only because most DRs in my experience, think your crazy if you go in about weight, unless you are VERY over weight...they just dont see the daily struggle of trying to lose, they tend to think your lazy and over eat....so I just dont ask. I know I have a thyroid issue and that plays havoc on my weight, and each time I have to go in for that I mention weight loss and he just says that I should "watch what I eat"...dah like I dont...lol

Well taking it is a decision you have to make on your own, but this is a FABULOUS place for support...so welcome!

bobbigene
08-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Hi guys! I'm doing pretty decently this week - I think I'm eating better on vacation than when I was at work. Today I won't be eating much, had some dental work done and my mouth hurts. Can't eat anything crunchier than soup. :(

The dentist says I'm one of his best patients because I am so calm and seem to almost fall asleep while he's working on me. I think it's my own kind of biofeedback or something because I just zone out. Ran a couple of errands after I left and before the novacaine had totally worn off and got wet when the sky opened up on me at Target. Too bad I'm not cashmere - it shrinks when it gets wet! :hyper:

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Bobbie, we would all like that problem..lol I could stand some SHRINKING..lol

Sorry about the dentist and the only eat soup thing....good luck !

got2gethealthy
08-29-2007, 05:30 PM
thanks still trying. you are right i have had the same expierence with drs. and that dreaded dr. scale ! i have 75 pounds to lose and it seems like the weight is harming the joints in my knees and ankles, so i have to do something soon. most plans are expensive or too confusing for me but alli might work for me. thanks again for the input. susan

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Got2, the actual "plan" is actually very simple...just count your FAT grams per meal and watch what you eat between.....
Good luck, I hope you give it a try. Like I said this board is full of wonderful people who are always willing to listen and offer support (trust me I know)

StillTryin
08-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Well ladies I dont think I am going to hear back anymore today it is 4:55 pm and they close at 5pm. So unless he calls after working hours (which I doubt). I guess it should be sometime tomorrow. (another stressfull night)

Tammy
08-29-2007, 06:06 PM
got2gethealthy, I have rarely had any side effects at all. I started on Alli July 19. I am down 8 pounds. I do have fats in all or most of my meals. You need to have fat in your diet for it to be healthy. I recommend giving it a try. I pretty much eat the same things that I was before, only now I make more healthy choices when dining out and planning meals. Fruits and vegies are my friends!! I am also drinking more water now which is a shock to my system!! If you buy the starter pack, there are little booklets in there with all kinds of information. Probably similar to what you've already read in the book. Coming here is a great place for support. I've gone to the Alli website, and I find it pretty confusing. As for talking to my doctor, I just changed doctors because that one wouldn't listen to me about much of anything. I haven't been to my new one yet.

Stilltryin, now that I've retired, I've had so many people ask if I plan to sub. I don't think I will this year. My pastor told me last night that he thought I should take some time off just for me. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and arthritis in the spine 3 years ago, and he thinks that I need time just to try to feel good again. And I think that's just poopy woopy (I taught elementary too many years!!) that they haven't called you yet!!!

bobbigene, sorry about the dental work. Milkshakes aren't crunchy!! (sorry!!) I want to shrink too!!

Brightside
08-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Good Morning! I was in a hurry to check our thread this morning to see if StillTryin had heard back about the job...phooey! Maybe they'll call you today? Hang in there!

I can't believe that I forgot to take 2 pills - the one last night w/dinner and the one for breakfast today. This is really unlike me. I'm distracted, lots going on and lots not getting done. Kids start school on Tuesday and we will be gone to the cottage all weekend. I am not ready for them to start (we need more school supplies) AND I'm not ready to go away this weekend. I cleaned for 1.5 solid hours yesterday (kitchen & family room) and it's still not organized. I haven't filed any bills/paperwork all summer, just keep stuffing it in a drawer. The biggest mess to tackle is upstairs in my laundry room and my bedroom. The clothes are clean just not put away. I think that's another 2 hour job, there's so much up there. AND, last but not least, my scale is higher than last week and I don't want to move my ticker. About the only thing I'm doing for myself is getting up at 5:00 and walking that treadmill...2 miles (plus another 1.5 at night). I almost quit at 1 mile today but then decided I was going to stick it out for 30 minutes..it took 32minutes to go 2 miles and I did it. But, I'm tired. I need to be in bed by 10pm to get up at 5am and I didn't get to bed until 11pm. And, I haven't felt motivated at work all week...yikes I'm going to have some serious catching up to do next week!

Ok, someone get out the violin...feeling a bit sorry for myself. Send balloons I'm having my own pity party! 15 days until I leave for California. Thanks for letting me whine!

StillTryin
08-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Bright, yeah I am getting very anxious now....hubby figures it will be early today when I hear, but you know he thought I would hear by noon yesterday...grrr. So I am not counting on anything he says...although he said he had a dream that I got it and that he has a VERY GOOD FEELING....I love him for that.

I weighed myself last night!!! OMG I need to change my ticker! NOT GOOD!

bobbigene
08-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Good morning all. Mouth doesn't hurt today so I should be able to get something constructive done. I need to put gas in the car, drop some stuff off at the cleaners and get out the sewing machine to do some mending. Going to a jewelry party tonight so will have to decide what to have for dinner before heading out there. J said that she would have snacks so I'm sure that means chips and dips and stuff like that. I've done so well this week, I don't want to totally screw it up tonight!

Good luck on the job wait, StillTryin. I know how nuts you can go waiting for them to make a decision. The boss that I have now took over a week to decide between me an another applicant (it was in internal posting to a different department). He keeps telling me he was glad that he decided on me. I just tell him that if he had decided on the other applicant, he would have gotten what he deserved for making a bad decision! He tells everyone that I don't report to him, he reports to me! :D

Brightside
08-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Bobbijean-what a way to spend your vacation - dental work- yuck! I am going to a jewelery party too. We're making a necklace or at least we're going to try. Ours is a lunchtime thing though - quiche & mimosa's (champagne & oj). I'm going to try to concentrate on portion control!

StillTryin
08-30-2007, 01:36 PM
Bobbi, that is true about the "he would have gotten what he deserved for making a bad decision", that is too funny and yet sooo true. I just KNOW I can do that job and I know I would be good at it, that the company is wonderful and AHHHHH, I have so much anxiety over this right now it is crazy! I am just frusterated. I know I wont hear until after 1pm now because it is lunch and they close over the lunch hour. So then between 1 and 5pm Central Time, I hope to hear...and thankfully my current boss just left for the rest of the day, so I dont have to worry about him getting curious as to why I am so frustrated and keep looking at my phone! With any luck I will get the call and when he (my current boss) comes in tomorrow morning I can give my notice.

StillTryin
08-30-2007, 04:23 PM
OK Besides being EXTREMELY FRUSTERATING and IMPATIENT. I got to thinking....I am wondering if they are doing the background checks before they make anyone an offer of employment? Has anyone got any thoughts? I know I had to sign a paper saying I consent to one, which is fine, I have nothing criminal to hide...I wonder how long that takes..hmmmmm

got2gethealthy
08-30-2007, 05:48 PM
well, went to the dr. today for a prescription of xenical thinking that it would be covered by our insurance therefore more affordable than alli. wrong ! it would cost 250 a month ! it is alot stronger mg than alli but maybe more side affects too. soooo alli here i come, as soon as i convince my dh to spend money for alli ( you know, "you can do it by yourself") i hate waiting back to hear about a job. so many thoughts and you dont dare leave the phone. when i was in that fix i even had my friend call me to make sure the phone was working and the ringer wasnt stuck. good luck.

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-30-2007, 06:23 PM
StillTryin, I'm so sory you haven't had any news :hug: waiting is the hardest thing :(

got2gethealthy - just tell him you're doing it. Does he have anything he spends money on? beer? cigarettes? sports? he must have something he spends on that is frivolous. Your weightloss is important, don't let him give you a hard time.

got2gethealthy
08-30-2007, 08:49 PM
well, he surprised me, he is all for it so here i come to thin !! yahoo ! a lot of places are doing background checks and it takes a week or two to get an answer. hang in there if it is meant to be it will be. if not something better for you is around the corner. stay on plan and stay positive !! i will all be ok !!

StillTryin
08-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Got2, I agree. Just go buy some...there are plenty of people on here who didnt even tell thier spouse, me included. I am doing this, or trying to at least, for ME, not anyone else. So, IMO, it is MY business! I keep my pills in my purse

Well I sat down tonight and emailed the site manager again, just to clarify somethings. The first thing I wrote was that I appologize for contacting him prior to his selection, but that I wanted to clarify a couple things before I heard back.......
He wont get it, I think, until morning. But you know, if it cost me the position, then it wasnt ment to be. I have to follow my gut on this one! I feel I made the right choice and I carefully selected my wording. See there are a few things that may concern him in hiring me:
1) female with 3 kids (I let him know I have a WONDERFUL support system in place incase I have to be late at work or stay overnight on a trip)
2) it is an hour drive each way to the office from my home (told him I had made that drive for 3 years while I attended college and that I actually like the solitude of driving, gives me time to think)
3) the distance, again (let him know I have several relatives where the office is, incase I would have to stay overnight due to work or weather related issues)
4) me being female in a male environment ( i just told him I am working in a male environment now and that I have some "grit" under my nails.

So there! I hope that works. What do you all think? BTW-YOU ARE ALL WONDERFUL FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME THROUGH THIS!!!!!!! THANKS, INFACT I COULD NEVER THANK YOU ENOUGH((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

mist
08-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Hi All, first post here, looks like a pretty active forum. I started Alli a couple weeks ago (after a trip to the U.S. where I bought 3 starter packs at Costco) I'm determined to stick to this .. I need to stick to something. A little history .. my highest weight was 266 (I'm 5'9").. managed to get down to 200 over a couple of years by doing low carb (too restrictive), then herbal magic (too expensive!) and excercising consistently... then for a few years I managed to stick around 200 - 210. Hurt my foot last year, so I coudn't walk like I was .. and managed to gain 20lbs over the last year. I don't want to continue on that trend, so I tried a few different diet books (You On a Diet, Volumetrics) .. didn't stick to anything, never lost anything. Always managed to eat junk food in the process. So I think Alli is perfect for me - keeps me eating healthy - stops me from eating high fat sweets (I haven't even been craving them!). Right before I was going to start Alli I badly sprained my ankle - so excercise has been out, even more incentive to stick to healthy eating since I can't do much physical activity. I've been on Alli for 2 weeks now - no treatment effects, been following pretty strictly the Alli online Meal Plan (LOVE the Meal Plan because the recipies are for 1 person and easy to make!) After 2 weeks I've lost around 7 lbs (offical week 2 weigh in is Saturday). So far - loving Alli! I think its just what I needed because I'm keeping focused - and I'm scared to eat anything high fat for fear of TEs :)

dcapulet
08-31-2007, 07:31 AM
hi all,

i'm in desperate need of a different kind of support today. I am taking the GRE at about 9am! Please send good thoughts... I can use everything! :o

thanks. :dizzy:

debalina
08-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the support concerning my separation. I couldn't stand the drinking and the control issues any longer and since we don't have any children together or property, it was easy to leave. Wednesday will be 1 month. Only 10 more months and I can file for divorce. In NC I have to wait a year before I can file. Sucks.

Anyway - I decided to get on the scale this morning since I've been working so hard this week and ------I lost another pound! :carrot: My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the end of September. I know I can do it. I give myself a positive pep talk every morning "You WILL lose 10 pounds!" and "You look great! Keep up the good work!" and it works. It cheers me up! :D My official weigh in day is Monday and I'll weigh again then.

This weekend I was invited to a cook out. I'm going to allow myself 1 light beer and choose carefully from the food. I'm going to have fun! I usually treat myself on the weekends - but sparingly.

My coworker is going to the gym too and trying to eat better - but I don't know how when she's had a 1000 calorie lunch 2 times this week. She's eating about 2200 calories a day. She bought a bag of candy bars saying that's our reward when we lose weight. Who wants to celebrate with something that put on the weight???? She thinks because she's exercising that she can have whatever she wants to eat. Maybe when you get down to where you want to be....but not just starting out. She weighs about 30 pounds more than me. Her body shape is different from mine and she carries the weight all over. I also think she's created a contest between us. That can be good as long as she tries to copy me - but I doubt it. I just encourage her when we're exercising. I don't pick on the food she eats, I just make sure she sees what I'm eating and how I'm eating - slowly, fork down between bites.

Since I left my husband, I have such a good attitude about myself. I'm finally doing what I have wanted to for 10 years. I'm not depressed so I don't have to eat. When I feel a little low now, I exercise.

Well, everyone have a great weekend!

bobbigene
08-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Great going, Deb! If your coworker has a competition going between the two of you, it sounds like she'll be eating your dust. I don't think it would matter how much she exercised, if she's eating 1000 calorie lunches she isn't going to lose much!

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better about ending your marriage. It's amazing how the stress level eases up when you are out of a bad situation. I remember 20 odd years ago when I split with my spousal unit - I had no idea that I had been such a ***** until I got away from him and found out life could really be enjoyable! You'll have some tough times during the divorce process, but in the end if it's the right thing for you, you'll be OK.

StillTryin
08-31-2007, 09:11 AM
Decapulet, THINKING OF YOU!!! GOOD LUCK!

Mist, WELCOME and good luck! We are here for you!

Debalina, You are doing SUPER! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!

StillTryin
08-31-2007, 11:06 AM
SHy, I hear ya...I really want this job because they pay and benefits MORE than make up the mileage. I did call the secretary this morning to inquire if there had been a decision made, the only reason I did that is because I got an automated "out of office reply" from the site manager! He is out until THURSDAY!!!! So I waited to see if I got a "thanks but no thanks, we offered it to someone else" letter in the mail and when that didnt come I called. (I am weak!!!)
She said (the secretary) that she was not aware of any decision and that it will be next week Friday (most likely) that I would hear back. GRRR ANOTHER WEEK. But you know, I will be fine knowing it will take that long, that wont bother me. I am still in the running and I *know* the call isnt coming any minute! Thanks for all the support again, you are all wonderful

Tammy
08-31-2007, 11:42 AM
We went away overnight, so I'm catching up on messages.
Bobbigene, glad you are having less pain! Hope you and Brightside bought all of us lots of nice jewelry at the parties you attended!!

got2gethealthy, glad you are going to give Alli a try! Good luck!!

Stilltryin, I would be doing the same as you in your situation! I want to know NOW!!

Mist, welcome to the group!! Good luck on your venture with Alli also!!

dcapulet, I read this too late to wish you luck!!

debalina, congrats on the loss!! sounds like you are a good role model for your coworker. Keep it up!

My weigh in was yesterday, and I didn't lose any. I am still happy that I'm 8 pounds down from when I started, but I sure wish it was more. lol

StillTryin
08-31-2007, 12:06 PM
Tammy, I hope you had fun on your overnight. I get to go to Vegas later this year with 3 of my girl friends on a "girls weekend" it will be FUN, I am looking forward to it, I hardly ever get to get away!

I am also glad we are gaining a few new people here, it will be nice to get to know both got2gethealthy and Mist. I am looking forward to the support you will give and offer any support you may need in return! Good luck to you both!

dcapulet
08-31-2007, 01:13 PM
just wanted to say thanks for all the good wishes! i think they paid off.

now i have to go back and read the whole thread. i missed a lot!

happy friday!

StillTryin
08-31-2007, 01:30 PM
decapulet, what the GRE? Is it a test? ifso for what?

got2gethealthy
08-31-2007, 01:54 PM
i went to cvs with new prescriptions and they were giving out 25.00 gift cards for every new prescription ! they were having as sale of alli for 59.99 ! so i got the starter pack for 10.00 !!! then went to the store and got all no fat and low fat dairy , veggies and lean cusine. starting today on plan and i am so excited i found a good board to post on and even going to get all the clothes off the exercise bike and try of 15 min 2x a day !! if i could figure out how to get those dancing carrots on my post i would put a whole row of them !!! good luck and happy labor day week end to everyone.

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi got2gethealthy, you can eat fat with Alli, it prevents you from absorbing 25-30% of the fat in your meal. So if you eat a meal with 15grams, you are only absorbing 10.

If you are going to be eating Lean Cuisines, at 7grams of fat, the Alli isn't really needed, save them for when you have a meal with a higher fat content.

Sounds like you are off to a good deal, what a lucky break getting that giflt card and your starter pack for 10bucks!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-31-2007, 04:25 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been around much, I've been busy at work, and busy at home too. I seem to be much more active these days, I'm not sure if I'm more active because I'm losing weight or losing weight because I'm active, but either way I fall in to bed at night exhausted.

Tuesday is back to school and my daughter goes on a camping trip with her class for 4 nights. What a stupid time to have a trip, really. Plus I got a big list of things she would need to take so we had to go buy a bunch of stuff (hiking boots, sleeping bag, insect repellent, canteen) stuff we will never use again, I'm sure on top of all the other back to school stuff I've been buying.

Tomorrow night we are invited to a BBQ, I hope I can be good and not eat bad things. Today a customer brought us donuts in the office, it was tough but I didn't have anything.

Tomorrow is also my weigh in with the Dietitian, I am hoping to be at the 40lbs lost mark (or close to it!) , will let you know how it goes - wish me luck!

Beautiful weather in Toronto this week, blue skies and mild, thank goodness the heat is gone.

Does anyone have any plans for the long weekend? my plans involve laundry. :o

Have a nice night everyone :)

Tammy
08-31-2007, 06:21 PM
Got 2, wow to getting the Alli that cheap!!! Woo hoo!! Most of the time, I don't take an Alli with breakfast because I rarely go over 5 fat grams. I always take one with lunch and dinner.

Thin, good for you for being active and losing weight!! Why on earth would they take a camping trip now??? good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Your plans sound like mine, laundry! I don't have much left since I started it earlier, but our son is coming home from college, and I told him to bring his and I'd help him get it done. He usually does it at school, and he does it when he comes home, but I know he has some schoolwork to do over the weekend.

Shy, we'll be thinking of your hubby with the surgery. My hubby has had a couple of those. Not fun. I might have already asked, but I can't remember. Where are you in Ohio? I'm northwest of Dayton.

I need to go out and fill the bird feeder. I think the finches are going to start knocking each other out to get the last of the food!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Hubby has hernia surgery on the 5th.

Oh, I hope everything goes well and he recovers very quickly. Men can be such big babies! Women are tougher sometimes, I think.

I hope you enjoy spending some quality time together beforehand.

Why on earth would they take a camping trip now??? good luck with your weigh in tomorrow. Your plans sound like mine, laundry! I don't have much left since I started it earlier, but our son is coming home from college, and I told him to bring his and I'd help him get it done.

I know, so weird, they sleep in Indian teepees for 4 nights and do team building/problem solving exercises. I hope she has fun, but I can't believe they are leaving the very first day.

Nice of you to help your Son, you're a good Mom :hug:

Brightside
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Hi All! Wow there are a lot of posts to read today! Just want to say welcome to the newbies and StillTryin good for you for calling. Now you can relax until Friday!

We're heading to the lake cottage for the weekend but hope to make it back early on Monday so that we can relax before the kids go back to school on Tuesday.

Wishing everyone a great weekend and staying in control! Hugz!

Tammy
09-01-2007, 10:24 AM
Thin, my son has always helped me out, so I guess I can return the favor. He's a great kid.

Shy, I guess it has been several years since my hubby had that surgery. I think he was off for a month, but his job involved lots of lifting at that time. I love Maxine!!

Brightside, getting away for the weekend sounds great! I'm planning a little getaway for my hubby and I for his birthday, but I can't decide for sure where to go. I hate decisions.

It is nice and cool here this morning. About 60 degrees. After the 95-100 last week, this is wonderful!!

My son is still asleep. I told him to sleep in this morning, but when he gets up he needs to get cracking on his speech that he has to do next week.

StillTryin
09-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Well I have housework to do this weekend....fun fun! I went for coffee this morning, which is always nice. I looked at a house, but it wasnt right for us, so we are passing on it. We have a wedding tonight so that should be fun and then tomorrow we may go to the zoo with the kids
My son rolled our 4 wheeler yesterday so I ended up leaving work 15 min early to meet him and my hubby at the hospital, he looks like he tried to scrape the freckles off his face and hands with the gravel road. He is ok, but will be sore for a while. (he is skipping the wedding tonight)! Other than that not much exciting this weekend.

Good luck Shy with hubby's surgery!!!

got2gethealthy
09-01-2007, 11:43 AM
i was re reading all the posts today and i sounded so self absorbed ! i have been depressed and very heavy for the last 3 years or so. lot of it life but most of it my weight. i am 55 years old and need to lose 80 pounds. seems huge to me, but slow steps. i havent exercised much so i thought getting on my exercise bike 30 min. a day is progress. most of my problem was deciding what plan to use and how. that is when i decided on alli i was so excited. i know there is more to life than dieting, but before deciding what plan my weight and issues that go with it was all i thought about. my husband also had hernia surgery and was ok, but it is still scary to go through. anyway day 2 before alli - sue

got2gethealthy
09-01-2007, 11:52 AM
scary to hear about your son. kids tend to age us ! i am so glad he is ok !

StillTryin
09-01-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks got2, i know what you mean about small steps, it is hard to lose weight, but being persistant and steady usually works well. Good luck to you..and you definately didnt sounds self absorbed, and if you did to some dont worry we all get that way at one time or another!!!

StillTryin
09-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Well we use our 4 wheeler for work purposes, it isnt a racing one or anything, but once in a while the kids will hop on for a ride around the yard/property. He wasnt going fast just ended up turning a little toooo short and couldnt distribute his weight fast enough, he is 13 and I guess boys will be boys, this is the first time he has been hurt doing anything really, so I guess I am lucky there.

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-01-2007, 05:22 PM
i am 55 years old and need to lose 80 pounds. seems huge to me, but slow steps. i havent exercised much so i thought getting on my exercise bike 30 min. a day is progress. most of my problem was deciding what plan to use and how. that is when i decided on alli i was so excited.

I needed to lose 80 lbs to, and I've already lost 40, in just under 4 months. You can do it, :hug:

At first I only exercised 15 minutes, every second day, and built it up. Can you go for some walks?

Alli will help with the fat content of your meals, you'll get there, you just need to get a routine down - that's the hard part but once you have it set, sticking with it is much easier. :smug:

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Hey guys down 6lbs in 3 weeks, doing the happy dance here. :carrot:

and remember one of those weeks I was doing my daughters room and eating pizza instead of my healthy meals, also there was that party with the springrolls.

Dietitian was happy with me :D says I'm her star patient!

got2gethealthy
09-01-2007, 08:20 PM
thingirl..good for you !! i had to have my ankle rebuilt so have been off work for the last 3 months. so hopfully the weather will cool here in so.cal (102 today) by the time i am back up at running speed and plan to get my walking partner( our dog) i'll be hitting the sidewalks at least 30 min a day. thanks for the hugs guys i kind of needed them today..sue

Tammy
09-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Still, house looking can be fun, and it can be a royal pain in the neck!! Good luck with it. Hope your son is feeling better.

Sue, I didn't think you sounded self absorbed. Just a woman seeking advice. I have also dealt with depression, so I know where you're coming from. I know I'll be taking slow steps. I never lose weight quickly when I have lost in the past. I would be happy with 1 pound a week even though it will take forever to get to where I would like to be.

Shy, I had to laugh about your son trying to climb the tree with the mower. My son did the same thing years ago! I tried to climb a fence post once. Not fun.

Thin, you are doing great!!!! Woo hoo on that loss!!!

Tammy
09-01-2007, 10:51 PM
I forgot to mention it in my last note, but Shy, you look like a woman that I take water aerobics with! Are you sure you don't live closer to me in Ohio??? lol

Tammy
09-02-2007, 05:15 PM
I invite all of you to join my water aerobics class that starts this week. I know it would be a SHORT drive for all of you just like it is for me. I drive about 2 miles to the Y. lol It really is alot of fun. If you've never done it, it's a blast! I'm a big person, and I have fun!

Sue, you changed your tracker to show a smaller goal. Good going!! That's the way mine is. I set it for 10 pounds. After I hit 10, my goal will be total of 20, and so on. It just doesn't seem so overwhelming that way.

Our son left to go back to school about an hour ago. He has to work the desk in the dorm tonight. I'm glad that he is working to make some spending money, but I sure like having him home.

got2gethealthy
09-02-2007, 06:37 PM
i would love to do water aerobic it really sounds like fun. i will check my ymca and see if they offer it. kind of a stressful day so far but i am on plan and havent eaten my way through the kitchen. a little dizzy though. it feels good to eat better than i did before. i re read the alli books that come with the starter kit as i thought you had to take 3 pills a day for this to work, now it is only if a meal is over 5 grm right ? even though i bought a lot of no fat dairy i supose the plan is made for those using alli to not have to do that and eat like a "regular" person just watch the fat. we had a small earthquake this morning, a j0olt and then a small circular roll. no damage to my house. still hot and at least 102 with high humidity. thank the good lord we have air conditioning..all for now sue
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/bee01/lb/228.8/200/227.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

Tammy
09-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Sue, if my meal is 5 or less, I don't take an Alli. There are many though who take it at every meal just to be in the habit of taking it which is a good idea. You really do need to have some fat in your diet. I have quite a few lowfat items that are regulars for me, and I also eat whole fat things. Not as many as before though, that's for sure! Yikes to the earthquake! Glad that you had no damage to your home. I don't like your heat and humidity! We have all of our windows open today since it isn't as hot. We may close them later though and turn on the AC. We live in a double (condo), and our neighbor has her AC on and the unit is near our bedroom window. I don't like the noise, but I can't sleep with the windows shut and no air in there.

I had a TE today. I know the foods yesterday probably contributed to it. This morning for breakfast I had a blueberry muffin. After church we went to A&W. What was I thinking???? I had a coney dog and french fries! Oh my!!
I was in the bathroom before we left the restaurant, so I'm sure some of it was from yesterday. Oh my again!!

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

StillTryin
09-02-2007, 07:49 PM
ThinGIrl, WAY TO GO!!!!! You are just zipping right along! I am so happy for you!

I would love to be able to do water aerobics, but there isnt anyplace remotely close to me. OH WELL.

Well I had a nice time at the wedding last night, but now today I am having MAJOR ALLERGIES! I CAN HARDLY BREATH or SEE! :(

got2gethealthy
09-02-2007, 09:37 PM
man a te. geez at a restaurant too. thats is what worries me, one slip up and the world "knows your business" ! lol . i am having problems getting my calories and fat grams up there. sounds silly as i had no problems eating bags of cookies and chips before to get my cals up there !
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvinebar/bee01/lb/228.8/200/227.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

bobbigene
09-03-2007, 09:02 AM
Good morning all. Hope everyone has had a good holiday weekend so far. Not much going on at my home, it's supposed to be stormy today along the Gulf Coast of Texas so I'll stay home and clean my house, do the laundry and try out one of my new exercise tapes. Also have a couple of auctions on ebay ending today so I'm hoping the bids will go up - hate to sell stuff for the minimum bid!

Tammy
09-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Still, sorry to hear about the allergies. My son was a mess the past week with his allergies. Glad that you had a nice time at the wedding.

Sue, no one really knew what was happening because I did make it to the restroom, and luckily I was the only one in there. lol

bobbigene, I'm doing laundry too today. Don't plan to do much else except maybe take a nap and read. I am having a flare from the fibromyalgia today, so I know that I can't overdo it. I am trying to stay away from taking any medicine, but I don't know how long I can put it off. I'm not very tough when it comes to pain. I have never done anything on ebay. I guess I should take lessons.

got2gethealthy
09-03-2007, 03:49 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-cat/lb/228.8/200/227.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

StillTryin
09-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Sorry about not getting the new thread going, we went to the Zoo today with the kids, my son was feeling better and my girls were in the mood, so the whole FAM went. It was fun, but HOT...so we didnt stay toooo long. Did a little shopping, hit walmart, DQ and came home!

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-03-2007, 06:43 PM
You guys, I've been eating all day, I really lost it.

It's bad. The worst eating meltdown in 4 months.

Stilltryin, glad you had a nice day at the zoo :)

StillTryin
09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Thin, YOU WILL OVERCOME THIS.....We all have bad days. (trust me I KNOW)
Go for a walk or something to get your mind off it.

got2gethealthy
09-03-2007, 07:59 PM
thingirl..try and get back on the horse.what happened ? are you stressed or just bored ? a walk seems like a great idea too. one of my old ww leaders had a saying, "weight loss is a journey , not a destination". i love that saying. we all struggle, we all fall but focus on tomarrow and don't beat yourself up over a slip. remember now you have to tell me that too when i slip ! wow a trip to europe ! how exciting !! i have wanted to cruise to alaska only problem is i am terrified of the ocean at night. cant even have a bonfire at the beach at night. still trying..sounds like you had good family fun too. we just stayed inside watched movies and drank ice water. it is sooo hot here too.

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-03-2007, 08:22 PM
I'm stressed, and I wish it had been a work day - I would have been there busy and not home alone. I was home all day with plenty of time to do my cardio and instead I had popcorn and made brownies. I have to get back to normal tomorrow. Thanks you guys :hug:

Tammy
09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
DON'T POST HERE!!! THERE IS A NEW THREAD!!!

got2gethealthy
09-03-2007, 11:45 PM
ok sorry but where is it ? http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/slider-cat/lb/228.8/200/227.8/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

ThinGirl in FatBody
09-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Here is the link (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=121986)to the new thread - every week we start a new one :)