LA Weight Loss - August 27-Sept 2 LAWL Losers and Friends

MomOfThreeTeens
08-27-2007, 09:12 AM
OK I messed the other one up so I just made a new thread! Good Monday Morning everybody! Here's to a great week!

Mama Nicole
08-27-2007, 10:21 AM
Good morning everyone. I now declare monday morning WI's illegal. That's all I have to say about that :)
Have a great day everyone :)
XOXO

MomOfThreeTeens
08-27-2007, 10:25 AM
LOL Nicole, I totally agree! I gotta stop acting like calories dont count on the weekends!!!

KrispieD
08-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Count me in on the protest!
I cannot wait in a sense for this week to be over as we have our annvsy tomorrow, my bday on Wed and then company all weekend. I am actually excited about next Tuesday to get back to having my meals planned, weighing my food again and BEHAVING!!!
Taking DH to the dentist at noon for the dental surgery so fingers crossed he can at least speak and isn't doped up tomorrow for our special day.. babysitter and dinner out are hinging on his recovery!

chiquita623
08-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Fellow Losers. Hope everyone had a great weekend and tried to stay POP. I didn't do much over the weekend. Saturday got a new cell phone with all the bells and whistles on it. Now just have to figure out how to use the crazy thing!! And went to the Farmers Market and loaded up on fresh veges and fruits. Yum!!! Then went out on the boat yesterday for a few hours since it was only in the 80's. So all in all it was a pretty enjoyable weekend.

Nicole - does that mean the No Scale Challenge will start today or tomorrow? Also, I looked at your blanket and bonnet - cute, cute, cute!!! I'm sure you'll be sewing like crazy as soon as the word gets out about your stuff.

Dan - glad you're back safe and sound. I'm sure Liz and the kiddos are happy you're back.

Liza - hope you have a wonderful time at your getaway.

Joni - hope Charlie and you are doing better.

Kims and Heather - the rest of us are so jealous of you three - getting to meet and have lunch and all. Am glad you had a nice time together.

Alannah - congrats on the house. Moving is such a great pain - oops, I meant joy. As only Felicia knows too well since she just went through this experience.

I know I'm forgetting others but after my brain kicks in I'll post more later. Have a great Monday!!

Dan2112
08-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Morning all!!

Well, I'm back in the office and I wish I'd never walked through the door.. I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off and I haven't even had any caffine yet!!

I'm prepping for my Las Cruces conference this week, which will have me away from home yet again.. But at least I'm only gone a three days and I'll still be in-state! Fun Fun Fun!!

I dared to step on the scale this morning and was amazed to find that I was only up a pound from before I left.. So, even after a week and a half of camp food (albeit with better choices made), I survived pretty well... (yay for me!)

Makena
08-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Good Morning :)

Kristen - good luck with your hubby. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery here. PS Happy anniversary tomorrow (just in case you're too busy nursing hubby back to health to check in here tomorrow, or even more likely - that I'll forget to say it tomorrow...lol ;) )

Hi Kim, Dan, Nicole, Laurie, Joni, and the many, many, more people I'm failing to mention.

have a POP day :carrot:

Repo girl
08-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Good morning everyone!!!

Rhonda- So good to see you around!

Dan- So glad you are home safe and sound. And only one pound? Crazy! Good job!

Kristen- GL to DH!

We had a wonderful weekend. Farmers market, bachlorette party (very naughty!), and yesterday we stayed home most of the day and cleaned, played, grilled. Just a nice weekend, no doubt!

Have a terrific day everyone!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
:wave: Hi Rhonda!!! Nice to "see" you around again!!!

healthy2b
08-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Good Monday Morning Everyone....

Joni - Yes, thanks, new avatar for me....it's one of the pictures from the cruise

Katie - sounds like a great weekend

Kristen - good luck to DH - hope the dentist visit goes well

Laurie - I hate getting new cell phones - It takes forever to figure them out. My kids laugh at me because I usually have a really old cell phone because I refuse to change until they break just because I don't want to take the time to figure them out.

Liza - enjoy your day with minime

Hi Nicole, All Kims, Rhonda, Dan, Karen, Pearl, Katy, Felicia, and everyone else I left out.

Mama Nicole
08-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Laurie.........ok, totally forgot about the no sclae challenge......yeah, let's start it in the a.m. that will be our last WI until next Tue morning. Sound like a plan? Ok, I will start a new thread right now :)

Kristen....I know exactly what you mean about just wanting a boring old week. I hope DH recovers quickly.......you deserve a nice night out :)

Congrats, Dan, on not having a big gain. There's a little assurance for you that you will never be a fatty boombilaty again.

Hi Rhonda......I just love seeing your sweet smiling face here again :)

Katie....sounds like a fun weekend. We went to the apple orchard on Sat and our kids all got to pick 2 lbs of apples free because it was opening day. Well, when you have 4 kids that meet the age requirements, you get quite a few free apples.....LOL. We picked lots, and I made an apple pie last night....and ate 2 small slices. It's good to have a big family when you make a pie.........7 people, 8 slices........not too shabby :) Normally I'd make 2 pies.......but trying to be good even when I am bad :) Don't you just love an unplanned weekend day of just doing whatever needs doing?

Thanks everyone for all of your support and kind words on my website :) You are all great friends :) Ok, time to get back to work :)
XOXO

Mama Nicole
08-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Carrie.......we were posting at the same time.........and I LOVE your new avatar as well :) You look adorable!!!

Ok, really getting back to work now...........lol

Prazteam
08-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Morning all (actually it's good afternoon now!)
I've been POP and POOP... good days and bad. This is the end of the summer season at work and all the leagues are having their covered dish suppers and of course since I've been there and I process their leagues, they want me to try their "specialities" (sp?). Made my week pretty much a wash! My oldest ds turned 17 on Wednesday and I took him out to breakfast for his birthday just us two, after going to court to get his drivers license. It was a wonderful morning and worth every calorie! I was relatively good as I had turkey sausage instead of the other and it was the best I've ever had! Cracker Barrel sells it by the pound however they are in the midst of some health regulations about handling raw meat so I'll check back later to get some!
Along with that, he requested my Mile High Apple Pie for his birthday cake (I just love that boy!) so that was on the agenda yesterday. I ended up making two pies (sorry Nicole) and we each had a slice. Of course, as you can imagine, it was a lot more apples than anything. No top crust, just a "crumble" I make. YUM! I also made homemade ice cream for it. (I told you I was POOP!)
Oh well, no more pot lucks this week, no more birthdays for a while, and I'm off for Labor Day so that will be a special treat since that is my busiest day!
Okay, enough about me. Oh yeah, I got my new dishwasher (finally after 3 months) on Friday! YIPPEEEE!
:hug:
Blessings,

QueenLucia
08-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Good morning everyone!
I agree that monday morning WI are the worst! I am always up on Monday morning...I like to have wine Sat night and it shows on Monday....It was also my wedding anniversay on Friday night, 5 years! My goal is to fit back into my wedding dress!!

bradleys mom
08-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Hi girls!!! Hope everyone is having a fab Monday! Since Monday WI are now deemed illegal, I have decided to wait til Wednesday! I was pretty POP this weekend, but I want a couple days to recover... It seems the word weekend makes me gain a couple pounds.

I dreamed last night that I lost 14 lbs between weigh-ins... Weird... I was happy though! I havent been 240 in a loong time!!

LizzyW
08-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Afternoon all,

Well as you know Dan is finally home, only to leave again tomorrow. But hey, at least he is in the state. We were so glad to see him and he really does look great. I am very proud of him for the great job he did not only on the fire, but on his WL as well. It takes some strength to resist when you are away like that.

As for me, I was down to 170.0 yesterday, but for some reason I am back up to 172 today. The only thing I can think of is that I had a slice of pizza last night and haven't really drank the water I was supposed to this weekend, so probably have a bit of retention. I will get back to 169, I swear it!!!!

Well, I guess I had better get back to work. Talk to you all later and have a great POP day.

liz

Katy66
08-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Good Monday Afternoon! Had a busy, busy weekend and Monday morning at work, but Monday's usually are. My nephew is getting married the end of Sept and my DD and DGN (dear great neice) and a step neice are the flower girls. We spent Sat dress shopping. It was fun but very chaotic since there were 5, count them 5 kids with us. But it was worth it, the dresses are beautiful. Lots going on at work as well which is why I really shouldn't be here but doing that instead:) Just wanted to pop in and say HI Nicole, Kim2, Liz, Dan, Katie, Joni, Amy, Felicia, Heather, and everyone else out there that I've missed. Have a great afternoon!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
:wave: Hi Katy!!!!

dolphn545
08-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Hey Everybody! :wave:

I posted in the wrong thread.

Not much going on here. My DD got her hair cut. Short. She's donating to Locks of Love though. So it's short for a good reason. I don't like it though ... :(

Two more days and the kids go back to school. I was supposed to work on Wednesday, but I switched days with somebody so I can be here when they leave and get home. I will go to WI on Wednesday after they get on the bus.

Hope everyone is having a great POP day!!

lizababe
You're a chatty bunch today!

Liz - Same thing here. Up 2lbs since yesterday morning and I too, had a piece of pizza. Guess it's lotsa water for me today and a bike ride tonight. Yay.

Nicole - Same thing about Monday weigh ins. I need to just put that stupid sclae in the closet.

Dan - Welcome back (for now) Good job on keeping as POP as you could way away!

Kims - I'm so jealous you got to meet!

Kristen - What a busy week and great reasons for it!!! I hope your DH doesn't have to have anything too bad done. Having a sore mouth seems to ruin everything. I won't be here to say it then, so Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday!!!!!

Laurie - Good luck with the phone. I just got mine a couple of weeks ago and spent the whole night entering the 50+ numbers from the old phone only to find out I did it wrong and none of them saved. Now I'm putting in numbers on a need basis... when I need it I put it in. I was cursing myself a bit Saturday night for not having the numbers of people I was supposed to meet up with at that concert. Oh well.

Carrie - I love the new avatar! You're such a cutie! I can't believe you have grown up children!

Pearl - Sounds like you had a great and busy weekend too! Congrats to your DS on his license and birthday! Those pies just sound toooooo good! Sounds like the one I make at Christmas time. Mmmmmm. Hope you're having fun with the new dishwasher. I could use one of those. Ours (me) is getting tired and worn out.

Kimberly - What a great dream... I can't wait until it's a reality for you!

I guess today is my house cleaning day since the trip got postponed to tomorrow. That's good though, because I'd rather come home to a nice clean house after being away. Coming across the border tends to be a bit tiring and I usually just want to flop down on the couch when I get back.

The day with Mini Me was a lot of fun yesterday. We went shopping and spent too much money. Oops. Everyone seemed to have those fuzzy, soft, furry kinds of yarn on sale for $1 so I went ahead and bought a bunch so I can start Christmas presents for people. I haven't knit in a long long time but seemed to pick it right back up again when I started a scarf last night. Since I know a few people who've had babies this year I guess I'll make some sweaters, hats, scarves, etc. for them for the holidays. They live in cold places so those should be welcomed.

Ok, time to get moving on the cleaning. Maybe I'll burn a few calories off and see that evil sclae go back down again before my totally POOP trip to Mexico. It's been shorted since the postponing to just three days :-( That should still be enough of a getaway and for the last three days the no-alarm clock thing has been VERY nice!

KrispieD
Thanks for the wishes on DH's surgery for his tooth.. We just got home and he is in immense pain and swollen.. so I've cancelled our babysitter and our dinner reservations for our anniversary tomorrow. I'm now in the midst of throwing myself the biggest pity party! I told DH to have the surgery today instead of Friday because our best friends were coming to visit. He didn't want to mess up our anniversary and my bday but I told him it would be horrible to feel like that with friends here. Right when we walked in the door an hour ago she noted me to say they can't come. SIGH
It will take all the will power on this forum to not do some emotional eating this week :( Nicole can I come to your house???

Katy66
08-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Just saw another post and it reminded me that I forgot to tell you guys. When I went to WI on Friday we were told that our COD had been "bought out" by corporate. We had already moved to the numbered plans and I know some of you at corps haven't and probably aren't going to. Should be interesting to see what happens...I don't want to change again:) Oh, I asked if they were changing their name to Pure WL and the answer was "not yet".

Hey Kim2 - How was the rally? I used to go to those all the time in former life.

Katy66
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Kristen - So sorry your celebration is off.... we are sending you some strong willpower thoughts!

Liza - what are you knitting for us?

MomOfThreeTeens
08-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Katy-The rally was fun, it was hotter than Hades though. We're not typical Harley people I guess, we dont drink and party. We enjoy seeing the stunt riders and going through the booths of all the vendors. Its fun walking around and seeing all the bikes. Just WAY too many half nekkid womens! LOL

healthy2b
08-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Kristen - so sorry DH is feeling so bad :hug: but you can get through the anniversery by planning what you can do to celebrate your anniversary when he feels better. Hopefully, it won't take long for him to be back to normal:)

Liza and Nicole - thanks! (avatar)

DD is still doing well. No more problems thank goodness. DH and I are making a quick trip to San Fransisco September 9-11, have 49er tickets. I'm a little worried about leaving now that this has happened. She is not due until September 22nd and doctor says at this time he doesn't see her having the baby early so hopefully we get there and back before anything happens. The doctor is still wanting her to wait until her due date and have a regular delivery. Being confined to bedrest is driving her crazy though. Doctor is letting her get up a little now and she can get out of the house a little but no walking or standing for very long. She can't cook, clean, wash clothes, or anything like that and she is a clean fanatic so it is going to be a long four weeks. Her DH is doing what he can but no one can clean like she can (so she thinks):lol:

My other three kiddos left for college over the weekend. This will be the first time that they are all gone at the same time. Usually, there has been at least one of them at home. It will take some getting used to, to cook and grocery shop for only two. I can't remember ever doing that. Last year when just my son was home I always cooked way too much for the three of us and had to call oldest DD and DSIL over a lot to help us eat the food. DH and DS don't like left overs so is was find someone to eat it or it was going to get thrown out.

Repo girl
08-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Kristen- Sorry about all of your screwed up plans! By this weekend, DH should feel good, so maybe you guys can do something fun for your anniversary then!

Repo girl
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Nicole and Pearl- Your pies sound wonderful!

lizababe
08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Well, I just got a call from the ladies in Mexico. The mourners have left and I've been ordered to get my bum down there ASAP. And bring the vodka.

So it looks like I'm back on schedule for my vacation. TTFN have a POP week!

Joni135
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Well, ya better be going girl!! Have fun; be safe; report back asap!

Repo girl
08-27-2007, 05:59 PM
Have a great time Liza!!!

JLem311
08-27-2007, 07:18 PM
hey everyone. i've haven't posted in a while, just too stressed/busy to do so.
i didn't lose at all last week...i actually gained .8--i haven't shown a gain in a while. but from all the working, stress and no sleep i've been getting this past few weeks, i'm not really surprised. i've been getting my workouts in and doing decent on eating, but not well enough.

so yeah...lots going on in my life right now and it's getting a bit hard to keep my focus on LA. but i'm trying. i know i'm still losing inches, if not any weight lately. but i'll get there! i'll keep plugging away!

just thought i'd pop on here and grace all of you with my presence!

BarbaraB
08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Aloha all you losers,

Back from Hawaii. Had a good time, but have been afraid to step on the scale since I got back. I've just been eating light for a few days to get up my nerve to step on it after over 3 weeks away from it. I was POOP in Hawaii, so I've just reverted to the old Blue plan for awhile until I feel up to stepping on the scale (and most likely for a time after I do step on the scale too).

I've not read much of the 3 weeks of backlog since I got back. Work has been crazy as I got back on Thursday but only now am getting a chance to check back in with my LAWL 3FC forum.

Apple pie sounds really good! I guess I will be sticking with just apples for awhile here though.

Kristen, hope your husband feels much better by tomorrow. Mouths heal faster than other parts of the body, so maybe he'll be fairly recruiperated by the weekend at least.

Carrie, I like the new avatar. My daughter left to go back to school last night, but she is only 20 miles away, so she'll be back soon. My DH was so happy to see the bunny leave our house.

Liza, Have a great time in Mexico.

Everyone else I hope you are having a POP week and aren't like me having a hard time giving up the POOPness after vacation.

galachick
08-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Went to WI today! Up a little and frustrated. My counselor said since I have been fluctuating around 182 for the last week or so, she was moving me to the next eating plan a little early. I was suppose to go from Plan 3 to Plan 2 at 178 lbs. My counselor seems to think my body may have adjusted to the Plan 3 sooner than expected. Plan 2 reduces Proteins, Veg., Fruits, and starches. This might workout better for me because I am still having trouble getting all the food in.

I was totaly POP today due to planning and preparing my breakfast, lunch, and snacks the night before. Gee! Maybe that's it! Plan and Prepare! :D

Liza - Have a wonderful trip!

Kristen - Sorry to hear about the postponed plans. Hope you have a Happy Birthday, regardless. I'm sure DH will make it up to you when he is feeling better.

BTW - Does anyone else's COD offer the prepackaged meals like mine does? I have tried several of the entrees and they aren't that bad. Just wondering if others have tried them.

This week has started off with a bang at work. I was in five classes today for Classroom Guidance Lessons and almost forgot to schedule time for lunch. I managed to slip in about 20 minutes. The rest of the week doesn't look much better. I am trying to visit all of the classrooms once by the end of next week. Thank God I have one of the smaller schools in the county.

Happy POP week to all!

Kim0303
08-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Hello everyone! All you people traveling! Wow. I am jeolous!
Yes, I know you guys wish you could go out and eat with some of your buddies on here. Kim, Heather, and I had a great time. Seeing Kim is definately a big motivator for me and Heather. Let's us know this plan does work!
Got to go do paperwork. Hate the beginning and ending of a school year.

galachick
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Found an interesting website I thought I would share. It is the National Weight Control Registry. I ran across it in a Cooking Light magazine.

http://www.nwcr.ws/

Mama Nicole
08-27-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi Jillian :)

Kristen.........just give DH one of those pills I mentioned on the chicks to the finish thread........it will be all good........and YES, please come over.....right now.
XOXO

Joni135
08-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Hey Kristen - how's the (pity) party going? Are you having fun yet??? sorry to hear about DH, but he'll be better soon and you'll have a nice makeup date!

Renee - I checked the site....what a concept...lose my weight and keep it off. That would be soooooo nice.

Nicole - did you ever come up with a price for the blankets you make (like the one Andrew modeled??). I may want to have one made for an expectant mom in my neighborhood...she's having a girl. If you have some girlie fabric laying around....I'm easy. The mom to be doesn't appear to have any color scheme so we can do whatever. I would trust your judgement. You've got my personal email, so feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about this.

Barb - welcome back to the mainland! Now, go step on the scale...it won't be that bad.

Hi Jillian - a big new Starbuck's opened within walking distance of my house. I should go check it out. It's a freestanding building and quite large. Of course, I don't do SB's coffee, but I like their iced tea....tell us again what/how to order something that is low fat; not too many calories. I like coffee, but never really got into lattes or cappacinos. I like my coffee with French Vanilla (SF of course) cream and splenda...yes, very sweet. Oh, and weak is fine. I think I use Folgers right now. I'm quite the gourmet.

okay....gotta run...getting late and gotta wind down.

amylou7777
08-28-2007, 02:50 AM
Hi everyone!

Whew, it's been a busy few days around here. I had a mock trial at school this weekend, bday party and a wonderful day in SF for a Giants game. Now it's back to school and I'm so tired!

Carrie- I love your new avatar! I am so glad to hear DD is doing ok for now although I'm sure bed rest is just the worst. I'm sure you are hesitant to go to the niners game and be away, but I know you will have a great time when you get here! I live just about an hour and a half from the city and love going there any chance I get! My dbf is a huge Giants/49ers fan so we're at the games a lot. How was the cruise?

Jillian, Renee-I'm with you on the frustration of gains. I've been bouncing around the same three lbs for over a week now and I'm ready to see a nice big loss tomorrow!

Nicole-I'm ready for the no scale challenge!

Ok, my eyes are so heavy! Must got to bed. Sending sweet dreams and POP days to you all!

CandlePrincess
08-28-2007, 07:06 AM
I started to post last night and got side tracked. Once again I'm having a hard time staying OP. I don't know what it is...but once again i'm going to start over. So on Tuesday after Labor Day I'm going to be back on plan. I am still making good choices and not going CRAZY down the eating path.....but back to POP on Tuesday Sept 4. Now if my COD does something wild like a challenge for some store credit I may try and get in on that...we'll see!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-28-2007, 08:46 AM
Good morning everybody!!!! Hope you have an amazing day!!!

Kim!!! I love your new avatar!!!! We'll have to plan us another outing soon! Too bad we didnt meet over the summer when we were both off! LOL

Kristen-Hope DH feels better and you get to celebrate soon! and in the mean time... :bday2::bday2you::celebrate::gift::woo::balloons:

Heather115
08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Went to WI today! Up a little and frustrated. My counselor said since I have been fluctuating around 182 for the last week or so, she was moving me to the next eating plan a little early. I was suppose to go from Plan 3 to Plan 2 at 178 lbs. My counselor seems to think my body may have adjusted to the Plan 3 sooner than expected. Plan 2 reduces Proteins, Veg., Fruits, and starches. This might workout better for me because I am still having trouble getting all the food in.

I just don't understand this at all! I started at 193.8 and was put on Plan 2. I want to lose about 40 lbs. and the counselor that signed me up acted like I'd be on Plan 2 the whole time. I'm okay with that because it's plenty of food, but I don't understand the different posts I keep seeing about people who weigh less than me being on Plan 3. Maybe there's more that factors into it than just weight - I don't know. Does anybody else? Also, is there a Plan 1 in my future if I stop losing on Plan 2?

MomOfThreeTeens
08-28-2007, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Heather!!!!! I cant answer your question, I just wanted to say hello! LOL

healthy2b
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Good Morning ALL....

Barbara- Welcome back from vacation - it's hard to get back into the routine but you will and the scale will love you again!

Jillian and Renee - sounds like you two are very busy.....don't forget to make time for yourselves....it's important!

Amylou - the cruise was great! Can you tell me some things that are "have to see" while I'm in S.F.

Kristen- Happy Birthday

TN HEather - I was put on #3 also - so now I'm confused too!

Joni135
08-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Sorry Heather - I can't help either. I knew the name change and number plan changes were going to cause grief for us on this site...are we going to have to change our 3FC name to LA/Pure Weight Loss? Does anyone know the breakdown for all the number plans. I think the change in plans was a total conspiracy on the part of LAWL to mess up our happy little group!!!

Princess Heather...it doesn't matter how many times you fall off our wagon....you just need to keep hopping back on. It's almost like when I quit trying to smoke....believe me, it took me probably 120 times...but eventually I kicked the habit. I guess I'm just not a fast learner!

Kristen - Ith DH doin enny bedder? (I'm trying to talk like my mouth is swollen...it's not working!!). Is it your birthday or your anniversary or both?

Gotta go finish some yard project I started before the rain rolls in....tata.

LizzyW
08-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Morning all,

Amy - I am a huge 49ers fan. I have been wanting to see them for quite a while. Even when I lived in CA I never got a chance to see them. You are so lucky.

Joni - I have become a Green Tea Latte Non Fat junkie. I never thought I would ever go into Starbucks, but tried this one time and got hooked. Not the best thing for me I am sure, but hasn't altered my weight loss.

Kristen - Hope DH is doing better. Sorry about the plans, but you know you can do something special when he is feeling better.

Renee - I know how it is to change plans early. I was changed to gold when I was at 181 because I stalled. I wasn't to change until the 170's. But it worked. Now on my own, I am still going by the Gold rules and doing ok.

Barbara - WB from Hawaii. Hope the vacation was exciting and relaxing.

Jillian - Sorry about your busy and stressful week. I know how that is. When Dan was gone last week, everything was on me as far as the kids go. And now he is on his way out of town again today until Thursday. UGH!!

So yeah, Dan is going out of town again today and won't be back until Thursday. Today I meet with the gifted programs counselor to see what is in store for Alex this year. Then son has soccer practice at 5. Busy afternoon today.

Well I had better get to work. Talk to you all later

Liz

Mama Nicole
08-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Good morning everyone :) For some reason I am in the most delightful mood. I should not be, as 12 yo DD was up in the night throwing up (Gotta call that Mike dude from Dirty Jobs), from 4-7. Ewww. Same thing the night before. Weird. Anyway, DH let me go back to be from 7:30 till 10:00, and it was sooo nice :)

So I woke up and read a sweet PM from Tina, and have a potential order on www.nicolemassie.com...........so I am pretty excited.

Also.......one of my crowns fell out a couple of weeks ago.......and I am deathly afraid of the dentist.......and I have been avoiding calling them, and would you believe they called me a few minutes ago. They said we were all due for our cleanings and I had to admit that I had fallen down and broke my crown....and I am going to get it fixed tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. Adam and Andrew are going for their cleanings as well........so it should be a very interesting morning :)

Tomorrow around noon DH's best friend, girlfriend, and 2 kids are comming to visit and stay overnight. I will make a cheesecake, and we will all celebrate Kristen's birthday :) (Happy 10th Anniversary, dear). I have much cleaning to do.

So, that is about it in a nutshell.........I really ought to quit messing around here and get busy. I am still in my P.J.;s and it's almost lunch time......
XOXO
P.S........Cassi......you out there ?

Repo girl
08-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Heather115- Do you eat the bars? I do not, so I am on plan 3 still. That may be the difference.

Dan2112
08-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Hey everybody..

Chiming in from Las Cruces, NM... I was waiting for my co-worker to arrive to help set up, but I just got a call from her and she's still in Santa Fe, which is about 5 hours from here.. Sigh.. Time to get lugging the equipment I guess..

Liz was back down to 169 today!! So it seems that she's back on track..

Carrie - Liz is probably GREEN with envy about the 49'er tickets.. I need to figure out a way to get her to a game.. She tried to get us Cowboy tickets but we missed out.

Anyway, time to get moving.. Be one with your POP, all!!

bradleys mom
08-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Okay so far so good today guys and gals!! (Well kinda) I tried catfish for the first time, on a sandwich, and it didnt work for me, so I trashed the other half... :barf:

I am feeling pretty motivated today and hope everyone else does too!

Nicole, I may like to order a blankie as well for an upcoming little boy. PM me some prices?

Y'all have a good evening!!! ;)

bayoubelle68
08-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Kimberly - catfish is best when it's deep-fried and crusty...oh, wait! I can't talk like that on this thread!!

Guys, I am BEAT! I'm up to 28 kids in my classroom. I know a few extra kids shouldn't matter, but it does! It takes longer to grade papers, for one thing! We're supposed to each lose a few kids after Labor Day, but I'll still have 26. One of the teachers is in a tiny portable that only holds 16 kids. She's moving to a bigger portable so that she can have a full class and each of the rest of us will "donate" a couple of kids. I wish I could pick which ones!! But our principal is taking the last two that we've each gained.

I had hoped to rest this past weekend, but didn't get to much. DH and three of our photographers went to shoot a ladies' triathlon and when he returned, guess who got the lovely job of going through all 1700 photos to enter the racers' bib numbers? That would be me. It always takes a while, but after I upload (yep, that was my job, too!), the racers can search for their photos online by bib number, so it's worth it.

I shot portraits of my class yesterday. I take pictures of my students all year at special occasions, etc., but the most fun is to compare their beginning-of-the-year photos with their end-of-the-year ones. It's a hoot!

Speaking of my lovely, darling, sweethearts, I need to go and make a couple of worksheets for them for tomorrow to help them study their vocabulary! I'm making 30 copies - just in case we get another influx!!!

emmysmom
08-28-2007, 06:50 PM
DH introduced me to catfish on our honeymoon. It was very yummy, but just like Felicia said - deep fried and crusty. We went to a place in Florida called Louisiana Hot Sauce, I think...so I guess it is a Louisiana specialty, huh Felicia? :)

bayoubelle68
08-28-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh, girl! Fried catfish is just a tradition around here. I can remember having a fish fry every time my grandparents would visit. Grandpa would stop on their way at a catfish farm and buy fresh catfish and my daddy would do all the cooking. I can still remember the year that it rained and it was my job to stand outside and hold an umbrella over my daddy and the fryer! By the time I was ten, making the hushpuppies was my job. Louisiana just has a TON of catfish farms.

equinetcan
08-28-2007, 08:09 PM
hello everybody,

Its been a couple of days I know but I have been busy in training at work and up at 530 every morning as we got the early training time again. Then tonight was doggie visit night and I just got home from that.

Well, the deal is finally all done. As of Oct 18 the house will be mine. Hopefully moving on Oct 20 or 21. I can't wait but at least I have lots of time to pack and get things done here.

Not a lot new. My LAWL membership comes to an end in october as well and I am just not in the position to buy more weeks with the house and everything else going on. So it looks like I'll be joining a few of you and using this board as my weigh in and support. They would have to offer me one heck of a good deal for me to buy any more weeks.

This is kinda short as I am getting sleepy again and I think I may have to go to bed soon. It is after 9 here and I am not used to early mornings at all.

Have a good night everyone!

Kim0303
08-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Just popping in to say hi!
Felicia, I am with you! I had a meeting following school that wasn't over until 5. Came home and crashed for 2 hours. I was so tired at around 2 I didn't think I was going to make it! To much stress in August and May!!! I have 65 kids I am responsible for at 2 schools, just not all at one time. Scheduling is a nightmare. Part of the meeting today was to tell us from the assistant super to get them when we could regardless of classroom teacher schedule if we had tried to accomidate and couldn't. I thought yeah that is going to go over well as I have always accomidated. Just this year they had set blocks we weren't suppose to pull the kids from. Oh well. Got to go do paperwork now.

Check back in tomorrow after WI. I hope it is a lose. I am afraid I am retaining water though. ooo
Later

amylou7777
08-28-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi Friends!

I was finally down a pound today after gaining/stalling for the last 8 days. It doesn't sound like a long time, but it just felt like forever to see that scale go down.

Carrie- I am trying to think of fun things to do in the city! I mostly just love to EAT there and people watch and enjoy the city. You will have so much fun at the niners game. I love to drive across the golden gate bridge, Sausalito is sooo much fun to see. Great spots for pictures around there. If you have time, the tour of Alcatraz is really great (and I've heard the night tour is even better). My all time favorite restaurant is the House of Prime Rib...make reservations at least a week EARLY! It is a great place for prime rib and is so much fun. Another great spot is the Cliff House. We were there this weekend! When are you going? It has been SO warm and beautiful there lately!

Alannah-congrats on the house!

Felicia- hang in there girl! Sounds like you are swamped. How have you been doing on LAWL since going back to work? I'm still getting used to my new schedule since starting school!

Nicole- yay for a good mood! Sorry your little one is sicky, that's no fun.

A big hello to everyone else! I'm off to make some dinner!

healthy2b
08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Amylou- thanks for the suggestions, we will be there Sept 9-11. My mom grew up in San Diego and I along with two of my sisters were born in San Diego but we moved back to Texas when I was very young. My mom remembers SF very well and has given us some ideas of places to go but she hasn't been there in 40+ years so I'm sure it's no where near the same. I plan to take lots of pictures to bring back to her.

slim n trim
08-28-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey everyone, how are you all doing? It has been awhile since I have been on here, lots on the go. I have missed you guys!

Kristen - Happy Birthday - :bday2you: hope you have a great one. You deserve it!

Nicole, I am looking forward to that cheesecake you are making for Kristen. Cheesecake is my favorite. I have an apple tree in my yard, and I have been making apple pies as well.

Liza, have a great time in Mexico.

Carrie - great new picture.

Barbara - welcome back from vacation. Good luck getting back into your routine.

Katie - how is your new newphew.

Not much to report on my end of things. I am still struggling to lose a couple more pounds, and I have been trying to lose them all summer. The only good thing about summer coming to an end is that maybe I can get myself a little more back on the straight and narrow, and be pop. It has been a struggle lately. Although I haven't been much bad things, I haven't been eating everything that I am supposed to either.

This weekend we are going to Whitefish with some friends, for four days. Going to play some golf, have some drinks, lots of laughs, few more drinks, do a little shopping, and ... and yeah - by Tuesday - I will be thinking - emergency take off I am sure.

I should have taken notes, because there was lots more that I was going to reply to, so I will have to go back to refresh my memory. But in the meantime, I am shouting out a big hello to all, and if I don't get back on here again before the weekend - everyone have a great weekend!

Catway8
08-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry I havent posted just been really busy this last week with school starting in a week and work has been crazy. I havent looked at the messages yet but I hope your all well and your having a good week so far. I am going to go read some.

Joni135
08-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Alannah - congrats on your house.....have fun packing!!
Karen - good to see you.............
Felicia - I'm not a catfish fan, but anything deep fried and crusty can't be all bad. When I was just a little kid we lived in Florida and my sis and I would go to this pier and fish. When someone caught a catfish they would slam it on the pier and kill it and throw it back...for some reason I thought it was because catfish was dangerous to eat and to this day, I hesitate to eat it. I now wonder why they were doing that???
Nicole - hope DD does better tonight and that your dental stuff all goes well tomorrow. I (and this is the truth) love going to the dentist. I wish I could get my teeth cleaned monthly.
For all you overworked teachers....thanks! Keep up the good work.
Gotta call it a night....HELLO to everyone. I have just got to log my food - I am shorting myself on everything except starches....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

bayoubelle68
08-28-2007, 10:37 PM
Amy - I've actually done really well. There's absolutely no time to get the munchies, that's for sure! I let my kids eat a snack at around 10, so that's when I have my Lite. I have lunch at 12:15. Eat a Lite when I first get home - around 4:00. Make and eat dinner. I'm on my feet constantly, so I'm not really worried about not having time to work out right now. That will come.

bayoubelle68
08-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Joni - more than likely, the reason people were killing the catfish they caught because wild catfish are considered bottom-dwelling, muddy fish. I personally don't like the taste of "free-range" catfish. The catfish from farms (sold in stores and restaurants) is much cleaner - more of a mild fish like tilapia. It's yummy!

amylou7777
08-28-2007, 11:52 PM
Wow Felicia, you are doing great, I just noticed your ticker! You must be exahusted with all those kids AND the new house. Hang in there!

Carrie- I hope you have a blast when you are there! Definitely take lots of pics.

Hope everyone had a great night!

dolphn545
08-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Good Morning Everybody! :wave:

Well the kid got off to school. First day. WOOHOO!! This is the first time in about 6 years that the three of them are all together at the same school, and in the same BUILDING even! I tried to watch them get on the bus, but my youngest DD (she's 12) didn't want me out there. It's too embarrassing. She just moved up to the Jr Sr HS. :(

I will be enjoying my day off today. Got to go WI. Haven't been there in a week. And I guess I should go get some healthy foods, and lunch items for our house too. TOM is here, so I'm not expecting any loss right now.

Congrats to all the WL losers! Sorry I didn't do personals. I always get too far behind. But I'm thinking of everybody! :cheers:

Have a great POP day today!

emmysmom
08-29-2007, 09:22 AM
Good morning everyone!

Nicole - how is DD?

Sherry - I feel for you. My DD is only 3 1/2 and I dread the day that I'm just not cool anymore. :(

Heather115
08-29-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Heather115- Do you eat the bars? I do not, so I am on plan 3 still. That may be the difference.

Yes, I am using the Lites so that may very well be the difference. I get my extra calories from those, I guess.

emmysmom
08-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Did you all see the link above about a national magazine looking for success stories? I'm thinking off the top of my head...TTKim, Evette (MIA), Deb, Wendy...gosh, there are lots of you who should give it a shot!

Chklithunder
08-29-2007, 10:29 AM
:wave: Hi Everybody!!!

I'm still around, just busy and lurking. This will have to be short and sweet because there is so much going on right now with work, back to school, etc.

I've been good and the ticker is moving. I know it will slow down as my body continues to regulate itself into WL mode again, but I'm so happy for the losses you all just don't know.

To the gratitude for our teachers - DITTO! :grouphug:

I hope to be back on later so that I can get involved and get to know you all better, but in the meantime, here's to us Chickies (and Rooster)...

:cheers: <--water
Carmen

Katy66
08-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Just dropping in for a quick hello! Read through the posts and it sounds like everyone is busy, busy...lots of "back to school" "back to work" "trip to here" "buying houses", etc. Here's to staying focused with all this craziness!

dolphn545
08-29-2007, 01:19 PM
Well, back from WI today, and then a bunch of grocery shopping. I stayed the same. I was happy with myself, the COD was a little confused as to why I would be so happy about staying the same. I said TOM. Oh, ok.

Walmart by me had cantaloupe on sale. $0.98 each, so I grabbed 3 of them. Maybe I will try the acceleration program Thursday & Friday.

Hope everyone is having a great day!! It's lonely here. Nobody's on the boards, no one is home ... I don't know what to do with myself with all the peace & quiet around here.

bradleys mom
08-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Hi girls! Happy Hump Day! I weighed in today and was down 3.8! I am so surprised! I guess that Biggest Loser 2 workout I've been doing has helped a lot!!! I just may meet my Labor day Goal!!!

dene71
08-29-2007, 01:47 PM
CONGRATS not only for making your goal but 3.8 is a Awesome for 1 week!

~Jer

MomOfThreeTeens
08-29-2007, 01:54 PM
WOW Kimberly, great loss! Way to go girlie!

Joni135
08-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi Sherry....funny about your DD not wanting you to send them off to school. Many years ago when my former stepdaughter went off to middle school (6th grade I think), she looked at her mom and said there was NO WAY the KidsRUs bus was coming to get her for after school program!! She preferred being the latch key kid that year over middle school embarrassment! I think I'll do the Acceleration thing starting next week, but I don't care for cantelope, so I'll have to do the juice or grapefruit.

Hi Carmen, Katy 66, etc.

Tina - well, no need for me to read the success story...but what about you????

Felicia - thank you so much for helping me understand my catfish dilemma...I love tilapia and think I'll try catfish next time I'm out somewhere!! My fear is now gone. And to think I've wondered about this for 40some years!

Katy66
08-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Kimberly - that is an awesome loss! Congratulations!

Joni - Afraid of catfish....you just don't know what you are missing girl:) I lived for a brief time in AL with my former husbandCan't say DH because he never was HA! Anyway, during that time there I grew to love the stuff. I like it crusted and fried but we also grilled it and it was good that way too, lots of butter though:)

Where is everyone today? Of course I'm one to talk, my computer was out of reach for a couple of days and will be again. I've got a 2 day planning meeting away from the office. Should be productive but I've got too much actual work to be doing instead of planning AND I guess too much to be on here chatting:) Guess I better run....will try to check in later. Have a great afternoon.

Oh, I've got the munchies too....YIKES, better get my mind off of food and on to work!

healthy2b
08-29-2007, 05:05 PM
Karen - I've been wondering where you've been....have fun at Whitefish....

Hi Sherry, Felicia, Amy,Tina, TN Heather, Carmen, Katy, Kim, Joni and everyone else.....

Kimberly R - congrats on the loss - great job!

I went to see COD this morning and was up a full pound on the evil:devil: scale. COD didn't understand why after looking at my journal so she kept it to go over it with the dietician and gave me a new journal to start. I think it is this new plan.....it sure does seem like a lot more food than what I was eating. I guess we'll see when she calls back.

It must be starting to storm outside...I hear thunder but my office is in the back and I don't have any windows. I love storms especially if I'm at home and can just snuggle up and listen to the rain.

JLem311
08-29-2007, 05:53 PM
hey everyone. yet another busy/crazy day here. i did manage to get in a workout yesterday and today. so that's 2x's already this week. and i'm on my feet for about 10hrs everyday, so that's good too.
i still can't get past 208. ugh. starting to get frustrated. oh well. it'll come sooner or later. just would like to get a bit closer to 200 before our myrtle beach trip. i guess it's still a month away. so there's still a bit of hope. :)

hope everyone else is doing well. haven't had much time to post let alone read and catch up.

JLem311
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
hey, this is wayyyy off topic but, i wanted to post a website of some good music of a close friend of mine. he's got a music page on myspace. check him out, if you're interested. he's amazing. :) his voice gives me chills when he sings in person. he's that good. he's got a few cd's too. nothing with a major label, but still he's great.
i meant to post this a while ago, but forgot, so here it is now.

http://www.myspace.com/lukeedgemon

Katy66
08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey Carrie - I love your new avatar. ARe you on the new numbered plans? Lots of folks have gained when they moved to it. I never did but I've sure slowed and after my munchie binge this afternoon it may go UP. Things are work are crazy and I know it is purely stress eating! Glad I'm on the no scale challenge so I won't know the damage for a few more days:)Tomorrow I won't let this happen....my stomach is hurting now.

Jillian - Sorry you are stalled that can be discouraging. Sounds like you are getting a lot of exercise in though which is great, bet the inches are going down.

I myself have got to get focused on an exercise plan. Just can't seem to get myself moving, PUN INTENDED.

Kim0303
08-29-2007, 06:50 PM
SherrY, I feel for you. I think middle school is the worst.

Tina I know what you mean about not wanting you but then they turn around. My DD didn't want me doing stupid stuff either. However, she just started college and I thought I was going to have to hold her hand in class. I had to go every time she had to do something on Campus. This is her 3rd day and I think she is starting to relax now but she also realizes I wasn't so stupid for making her cut down on her work schedule. She hadn't worked until today and she is worn our from school. She may decide she doesn't need the money that bad. I tried to get her to let me take a picture of the first day and she wouldn't!!! Ha! Ha! She still loves on me though and likes to be tickled and hugged. However, when the mouth starts running, I just leave!

Kimberly R - Congratulations on the loss. I just ordered my tapes so maybe I will have some success with them too! They better be as fun as you have made them up to be! Ha! Ha! Just kidding. I haven't found any exercise I think is fun.

Carrie, it is storming in East TN and it is so funny! We haven't seen rain in so long it was like driving home in snow! People were doing 40 in the fast lane and it was bumper to bumper. Weird. Then, I get home, our roof is about a year old and wasn't cheep. I heard a noise in one of the bedrooms and think it is leaking. I hope somehow it was blowing in one of the attic fans because it was raining so hard. Otherwise, I can't figure it out and not going out to look! Later maybe.

Heather I am sending you a PM about my plan. You know we were talking about why I am on 4. Well I found out today I am on it because I am not doing the lites. Otherwise I would be on 3 with you.

Hello everyone else. Read all your post. I was up a pound but I am not going to get bent out of shape. I know I will probably drop a couple in a few days. Up down up down. Wooo.

Heather115
08-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Good evening everyone!

Boy, it has been a crazy week around here! Work's been hectic, but I guess that's understandable since I'm doing the job of two people and month-end is approaching.

Had to drop the puppy off to get spayed today and nearly missed getting my YDD and the dog by the 6 PM pick-up time for both of them because of the horrendous storms Kim #3 mentioned.

Then, two kids in school with after school activities, open house, etc. makes going to weigh-in quite a challenge. I did go last night and was only down .4 from last week.

I don't like how they are calculating my average loss - she divided by 5 (weeks) and I just started week 5 today. It showed that my average was 1.88 per week and that's low. However, they "guarantee" that I'll lose an average of 2 lbs. per week so maybe their inability to do math will work in my favor in the long run.

I try not to worry too much about their scale anyway. No sane person weighs in at 6 in the afternoon unless she has no other option. I weigh in at home every morning, nekkid (as Kim #2 would say!) and am much happier with that number each day - usually. I did show up .8 this AM - I have no idea what brought that on, but will give it a couple of days to wander back where it came from. I've shown a loss every day for the last 3 weeks so I guess it's time for some roller coastering.

I need to search through the recipes in my LAWL cookbook and on this board. I'm sick of plain old chicken and plain old fish. I'm also starting to get tired of planning and cooking all the time. I know this is just my increased stress talking and I need to snap out of it before I cave. Maybe a walk tonight will help. I'm sure some activity of some sort would help, but I really just want to curl up with a book and go to bed early. Ah well...

I know we're all busy with back-to-school, new business ventures, business travel, etc. I'll be glad when things settle down and we can all catch up with each other. We can do this! Stress and all! Right?! (She begs for confirmation from the crowd...)

Take care everybody and here's to being POP - one day at a time.

bayoubelle68
08-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Woo hoo! Had an afternoon WI - hate that! - but was happy to see 2 more pounds GONE!!!

Heather115
08-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Congrats, Felicia! That's awesome! I'm glad the afternoon weigh-in worked for you! Maybe my next one will go as well.

Makena
08-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Hi all :)
A quiet day for me here. I am trying to do menu planning so I can get back on plan for Monday, if not sooner. I have been terrible this past week.
DH and the kids have been away for a whole week fishing, so I figured if I didn't have to cook, I wouldn't. Well that was a good experiment. I feel crappy tummy-wise.
The upside is - they should be able to fill up our freezer with salmon...my favorite! So.....if anyone could send a little willpower my way I'd be grateful!

MomOfThreeTeens
08-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Rhonda I would send some, if I had some! LOL

I seem to be plagued with the munchies this week and I cant even blame it on TOM, sheesh! I'm gonna have to meet Kim and Heather again and let them kick my butt!!! I havent been to WI this week and not sure I'm brave enough to. I swear I'm going to do a couple of weeks of weight loss, get under my goal a few more pounds and stay there. SO when I have a binge I wont go over my goal weight! LOL

Joni135
08-29-2007, 09:47 PM
Hi Jillian - I like Luke's voice...especially the Delilah song...do you work with him at Starbucks???

bradleys mom
08-29-2007, 09:57 PM
Felicia - Awesome! I avoid afternoon WI like the plague!! But thats awesome! Hope all these good losses are a sign of more weight to be lost!!
Kim03 - I promise you will enjoy them!! I guess I am such a fan of the show that I love watching them help me workout too!
Heather - I know how you feel about the plain ole chicken and fish! I made scallops for lunch tomorrow, and I think they'll be good. I chopped up some fresh garlic, used a little I can't believe its not butter spray, salt, pepper, lemon juice and Mrs. Dash. I made my own recipe!! :chef:

Thanks to those who offered up congratulatory comments about my loss today! It really made my day! I love this board, and I really think you all have helped me stay on track. Especially with setting the Labor day goal, I may not have pushed as hard the last few weeks if not for that!!
Bottom line.. I LOVE Y'ALL!! lol

:grouphug:

:D Have a good Thursday!!!

Boo'sMom
08-30-2007, 07:46 AM
quick pop in to say hello and tell you I miss you! I try to catch up but that's about all I manage wight now. I know I will be behind til Christmas break--a brand new semester with brand new material just does that to me--I just try to stay a day or two ahead of the kids!

Congrats to all the losers and those (me) hanging on--no losses but no gains so I'll take it.

Joni--had to add: when we fished this summer at the coast they also have a "hardhead" catfish and everybody hates them--they are mean as **** and have these "sawtooth" fins they pop out and jab into you--my dad and BIL both got finned and it looked rough--plus they have some sort of poison that just accelerates the pain--it was funny at the time because they were drinking but it still hurt. The funniest part for us was watching them beat them on the pier.

everyone have a great day--I am losing time--you guys always do this to me!!

healthy2b
08-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Good morning!

Jillian - WTG on the exercise!

Katy - yes, they just moved me to the new plan last week - I hate it _ I can see myself gaining and gaining if I continue on this plan:(

Kim #3 - I hope your roof isn't really leaking - hopefully your right and its just blowing in from somewhere.

TN Heather - Hang in there...things will settle down and it will get easier:)

Felicia - WTG on the 2 pound loss!!!!

Rhonda good luck with the menu planning and I'm sending you some:dust:, since I'm not using mine right know I seem to have extra:lol:

Kim #2 - Don't be too hard on yourself - look at your ticker!!!! You're 3 lbs under your goal...Your doing a great job!

:wave: Joni, Kimberley, and Boos Mom

Well, I was having a POP day until dinner last night. Oldest DD came over for supper and we set around the table visiting and before I knew it I just kept munching on stuff sitting in front of me. I had made grilled jalapeno peppers stuffed with LF cream cheese with bacon wrapped around them for DH and DD and I wasn't going to eat any of them. Then I realized while sitting there I had eaten three and a half of them....ugh....that's three and a half strips of bacon!!!!!! I had already eaten grilled chicken, cabbage and green beans and should have been finished.

Heather115
08-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Ok ladies and gentleman, I confess!

I intentionally, and with blatant disregard for the consequences ate 6 cups of Homestyle popcorn last night! Pop Secret (I think) makes it in the little snack bags (which are 6 cups, btw) and it's just like my dad used to make on the stove at home when I was a kid. Not buttery, but popped in oil with plenty of salt. The ultimate comfort food for me at this point - especially since Dad died almost a year ago and he's been on my mind a lot lately. And let me tell you, it was GOOD! I savored every bite, knowing full well I shouldn't be eating it at all.

Now that I have it out of my system, maybe I can move on. And confession is good for the soul, right?

Here's to a better day - POP!

slim n trim
08-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Hi Everyone, just a quick check in - we are heading out for the weekend this afternoon, and I am still doing laundry, ironing, and have to pack. Anyway, just wanted to see what everyone was upto.

Carrie and Heather - we all have slip ups now and then. Just put it behind you, dust yourself off, and climb back onto that horse heading down the right path. You will be fine.

I am looking forward to getting myself back on track next week, I haven't really been following the plan very close this month. - I don't know why - is it because I am happy with the weight that I am at ..... anyways, I do still want to lose a few more pounds - but I seem to have lost my motivation. I know this weekend is going to bad - going away with friends, and it is our anniversary as well - so there will be alcohol involved, as well as food that is not on plan. However, I am making this promise to myself and all of my cyber friends - Tuesday - I will start again and I will be pop damn it - if it kills me.

Everyone have a great day, and a great weekend.

Kim0303
08-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Heather- you are a hoot! If I am going to cheat it is going to be more than popcorn!

Kim2 - My role model! You can't let us down!!! Ha! Ha! I am kidding. You should be so proud of what you have accomplished. Quit beating yourself up! You got this thing down! One of the queens of weight loss. I believe we have a few others going and almost at the 100 mark. You ladies just blow my mind. I am so proud of all of you big losers including Dan as well since he isn't a lady!

DH got on the roof to check the problem out. I think we got 2" in a very short amount of time. Couldn't find a problem. Cleaned out all the gutters because my screened in porch was also pouring water in on all my stuff. He thinks that was do to the gutters. Could have been do to so much rain so quick. I don't know. Got to go eat! Later.

healthy2b
08-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Kim 3 - glad it wasn't the roof!

aguerin
08-30-2007, 11:28 AM
GM All! Needless to say the 3 days away were less than POP. Can anybody say Enchilada? LOL It is just hard to stay on plan when you are traveling with someone else and you don't want to be a stickler in their dining experience. I will use that excuse this time. We will see what happens the next. I had a great time, but was ready to come home.

Not much else going on. Trying to recover from the trip at work and home. I"m very tired. We drove out to Santa Fe on Tuesday and unless you just have gobs of money you want to part with, I don't recommend it.

I will catch up on a few of the posts, but thats all for now.

Katy66
08-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Good morning! Happy to report I've got a couple of hours break from the two day conference I'm in. Didn't want to get right to work since I've got to present at management team in 15 minutes. Now my bad news, the munchies haven't subsided. I'm like you Kim2 there is nothing to blame it on but stress!!!!!!! Got to get it under control though. Somebody tell me how!:)

MomOfThreeTeens
08-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Heather-I wish my cheat had been popcorn last night, unfortunately mine was a bowl of icecream...not lowfat sugar free icecream. A HEAVENLY concoction called Butterfinger zinger! I gotta stop letting crap like that in my house! LOL

Kim-Glad the roof wasnt leaking, it sure was nice to see rain though! My yard looks like a hay field. :-(

bradleys mom
08-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Well, I made a new ticker. Before I started LAWL I had lost around 11.2 lbs by myself in the span of about 4 months, so I added it to my ticker! It seems to motivate me more seeing I really have lost more than what I'm advertising! However I am keeping my stats to the left by what I am losing with LAWL.

JLem311
08-30-2007, 02:20 PM
Hi Jillian - I like Luke's voice...especially the Delilah song...do you work with him at Starbucks???

yep, i work with him. :) i'm so lucky.

MTdebster921
08-30-2007, 02:31 PM
Hey everybody-

back from vacation. It was absolutely wonderful. Great to see everybody, but it was good to get back home. Both DH and I caught a nasty cold bug from DSIL and it hit both of us the day after we got back, so I've been a little under the weather this week.

Will catch up on personals later, I just don't have the energy right now. We got the baby girl spayed yesterday, so we are just at home today hanging out and being lazy.

Hi to everybody and Welcome to the masses of newbies since I was here last.

dolphn545
08-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Just checking in to say hi. Gotta go to my DD soccer game in a bit, so I'm trhing to make dinner while catching up on posts.

Hope everyone is having a great POP day!

Mama Nicole
08-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi Friends :)
I have been super busy........had internet connection problems, and overnight company. I ran some errands this morning, and now have one more to run. Wow........how I am ever going to find time to sew? Anyway........just wanted to stop in and say hello. I will try to read up later on :) Have a great day..........well, whats left of it :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
08-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Hi All, Or should I say Go NINERS, as my DH is a super big SF 49ers fan and after over 21 years of marriage, well I am too. I'm jealous that Carrie gets to go to a real game, a I've only been to games in Seattle where they lost so bad it about made my DH cry.

Deb, there must be something going around, since I got back from vacation and immediately caught a bad cold and spent most of the last couple of days horizontal.

I still have not braved the scale... I ate a really weird while I was home sick... a combination of nothing and junk... PMS and a bad cold should not hit a person at the same time... plus I have not exercised for days... Thanks to this forum for making me want to get back on track. I swear Joni.. as soon as TOM passes I will brave the scale, I just KNOW no matter what right now it is bad. If I take all my calcium this month, maybe next month won't be so bad, since I notice a super big difference if I take calcium and cut down on caffiene on the whole PMS experience, but I've been the queen of coffee and totally not taking calcium this month... oops... and now I'm looking for those bras that I decided were waaaay too big awhile back, since I think they could fit now... I know TMI but gosh oh golly if I don't take my calcium, I end up feeling like I could impersonate Dolly Parton come PMS, and my DH does not feel my pain at all...

Anyway, we can all do this, even after vacations and sicknesses and work out layoffs.. it just takes getting back with the program and limiting the damage...

bayoubelle68
08-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Yucky day here. Didn't want to get up this morning. Fought with DS and DD - neither wanted to get up, eat breakfast, or get dressed. Took DD to daycare and she latched on to me and would not let go. She said the most heart-breaking thing: "Please, Mommy! Don't leave me here! I'll go to your class and sit in the corner and be quiet. Please, Mommy. I love you more than anything in the whole wide world!" I finally told her teacher to peel her off of me and I left, crying and could hear her all the way down the hall. "Mommmmmmy!" It was horrible! I know that she was probably fine before I even got to the truck, but I felt like crap! Had to take one student to the office this afternoon for body-slamming another student at recess. Had afternoon duty in the PreK and Kindergarten car riders' hall. At the beginning of the year, they have no clue what to do. They don't respend when their names are called, etc. It's awful! Got home, threw dinner in the oven. DH came in and reminded me that he had a men's gathering at church - they were eating and watching the LSU game on the big screen in our married adults' den. DS threw numerous fits all evening over basically nothing. I'm attributing it to the fact that he's probably at least as tired as I am and ready for the weekend. Both kids are in bed now and I'm headed there now. I KNOW tomorrow will be a better day!

Joni135
08-31-2007, 08:57 AM
Oh Felicia....I do hope today and this weekend are better. I can't imagine hearing those words from your DD. I assume she was okay, but she sure had to have touched on every nerve....

I'm still amazed that others knew about good catfish/bad catfish and I didn't..
but now I do!!

Although I haven't been POP, the scale is being nice to me. Not losing but not gaining either. I've been an exercise slacker this week too and if I don't behave this weekend, my 10K walk on Labor Day will kick my butt...so...I have to be good this holiday weekend....I know, great planning on my part.

Got a lot to do today, so gotta run.....Nicole....I assume you got re-crowned???

Here's a yummy recipe from Hungery Girl that I'm going to try. Unlike a lot of snack foods, I find I can take a fistful of trail mix and be happy with that...so I think I'll try this since it's got a nice mix of stuff in it....not sure which popcorn I'll use...I didn't even know they made caramel apple popcorn...

Trail Mix Carnival Explosion

PER SERVING (1 heaping cup): 108 calories, 2g fat, 163mg sodium, 22g carbs, 2g fiber, 12g sugars, 1.5g protein = POINTS. value 2*

Vanilla... caramel... toffee... cinnamon apples? It may seem impossible, but this stuff REALLY IS low in calories!!!

Ingredients:
3 cups popped Jolly Time Healthy Pop Caramel Apple Microwave Pop Corn or 94% fat-free kettle corn microwave popcorn
2 pouches Fruit Ripples or Nature Valley Fruit Crisps, Cinnamon Apple; slightly crushed
1 pouch Special K Snack Bites, Vanilla
1/4 cup dried apricots; chopped
2 tbsp. Sunkist Almond Accents, Butter Toffee Glazed or Honey Roasted

Directions:
Break Snack Bites into small pieces. Place those, along with all other ingredients, in a sealable pla stic bag or in an airtight container with a lid. Secure bag or container and shake thoroughly. Now go nuts!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

Dan2112
08-31-2007, 10:38 AM
Hi gang...

Well, I'm back in the office finally... Time to start stressing about State Fair stuff.. sigh...

The conference in Las Cruces was pretty good, but the food choices were really poor... The big outdoor social had absolutely NOTHING I should have been eating, so I just had micro portions of a couple things.. The liquid starches didn't help, but when you get 5 old fraternity brothers in the same place, at the same time, with an OPEN BAR, things just happen... I knew two of my old fraternity bros would be there, but to run into two others at the same conference was just plain weird.. We got a picture taken with my cell phone, but I think the guy that took the shot must have been drunk, because the picture came out WAY blurry.. Oh well...

I'm bound and determined to stay POP today... We don't have a lot of food in the house, so we'll probably have to hit the grocery store tonight or early tomorrow.. Time to stock up on salad stuff and more fruit.. sigh...

Hope you all have a POP day!!

Mama Nicole
08-31-2007, 11:40 AM
Good morning everyone :)

No, Joni, I did NOT get re-crowned!!!! My dentist retired, and a new dude bought his practice......nice guy..........not so sure what kind of a dentist he is though. He said my tooth underneath has some decay, and that he wants me to get a dental implant. I was like, "hey, have you ever heard of a bridge?" Anyway.......I asked at reception how much an implant is, and she said, "oh, anywhere from $3500 to $5500........and I almost fell over. I asked if insurance covered any, and of course they don't. So, all I could think was, "damn......I could almost get a tummy tuck for THAT price......heck with that dentist. The dental assistant said he would probably re-cement it for me for a temporary fix......but NOOOO, he wouldn't even do that. He gave me some lame *** excuse about how he is afraid that I might swallow it during the night or choke on it. GIVE ME A BREAK........I am not 3 years old. So, whatever........looks like it is time for me to get a new dentist. He was so not cool. I even explained to him that I was going to Germany in a few weeks and that I didn't really even have time to fix it before I left.......but NOOO. So, No, to answer your question.......I did NOT get recrowned. Sucks to be me.........LOL.

So TOM showed up 3 days early this morning......which would explain why I went mental on my poor 16 yo DD yesterday. I felt so bad...........she was babysitting and called me freaking out cuz 9 yo DD wouldn't listen to her, and I went crazy on her. I did apologize when I got home........I just get kind of sick of never being able to go somewhere without getting calls...........oh, remember the wonderful days before the pager and cell phone.........

I do have to say it was very nice to not have to see a gain due to TOM since I am in the no sclae challenge. I feel a lot less stressed without that stupid sclae. I am really really really going to try to do only a weekly WI from now on. You can all stop laughing now.......

Right now it is only 67 degrees here in tropical St. Louis......and it is just heavenly out. My kids are off school, and I am trying REALLY hard to be a positive, encouraging mommy, even though I want to scream at them and swear, and be completely inapporpriate. (they are attempting to do their chores, and I am attempting to make THEM do it instead of me..) It is a challenge, but so important to teach them to take responsibility for helping to maintain our home. It is one more way to teach them how families work together, and it gives them a sense of accomplishment and something to be proud of. They never do it quite like I like, but they meet the basic requirments, so I don't get too picky :) THAT is very difficult.

Ok, well what I intended to be a quick little hello has turned into a mini autobiography............oops......but mostly wanted to wish you all a great day, and stay OP everyone. It feels so good :)
XOXO

BarbaraB
08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
Felicity, Poor DD, it is so hard to make the shift from summer back to school schedule where she has to wake up and have Mommy leave her there at daycare every morning. I'm sure it is just the transition making her cranky. My daughter had a few of those Mommy don't leave me melt downs when there was a change in her life. Her biggest was when she started kindergarten, which I worried about all sorts of huge problems, but it was just something she did for a week or two and then blossomed and loved everything about kindergarten and school.

I posted a new avatar of me having a good time in Hawaii... On a sunset dinner cruise dancing and being silly with my older sister while my sneaky younger sister took pictures.

Nicole, that sounds like a new dentist trying to get more business. Especially his calling you and trying to hustle more business by getting you to come in and have check ups. Sometimes it is hard to get started, but gee whiz, he should understand not everyone has that kind of cash. He is more likely to lose business than gain it with that kind of attitude. I had a dentist once who I'm sure recommended all sorts of things, and I later saw his new boat and understood why after being told everything looked great 6 months before that all my fillings needed replacing.

Joni, that sounds really good and still on plan.

Dan, sometimes you just have to do the best you can do, and you are right, it gets harder to make the best choices when liquid starch is involved.

Here's to a POP day and a really POP weekend... may we use our labor days to get in some extra exercise instead of extra food.

healthy2b
08-31-2007, 01:00 PM
Yay....Its Friday!

Amy - seems like everytime I travel for work or play, I come home exhausted. Take a little time to recover and jump back on the "POP" wagon.

Katy66- I wish I could give you some munchie advice but I'm at a loss:(

Deb- Welcome Back - glad you had fun

Nicole - at least staying busy doesn't give you much exta time for those terrible:devil: munchies to come around - 67 degrees! - I'm so jealous!

Felicia - Sorry yesterday was so yucky....I hope today is a MUCH better day!

Joni -thanks for the recipe

Hi Kims', Kimberely, Jillian, Sherry, Barbara, Dan and everyone else.

My kids are all coming home from school for the weekend. Not only for the holiday but also #2 DD's birthday. I can't believe she will be 23 yo....time sure does fly...now if I can just get her to graduate from college!!!! Doesn't seem like it has been that long ago I was having those days like Felicia when I left her at daycare. She's always been a mama's girl from day one. I think it's because she is alot like her dear dad and they seem to butt heads!

Heres to a pop weekend and holiday!

bradleys mom
08-31-2007, 01:27 PM
:broc:

Hope everyone has a POP weekend and Holiday! I am going to buy some vegie burgers tonight so I can grill out too on Monday :)

Carrie, I am SOOO happy its friday too! I get 5 days off in a row!! No school or work! YIPEE! I hope you have an awesome time with your family!

Nicole hang in there!!! I know how kids (or dh in my case) drive you CRAZY :dizzy: with chores... I have to bribe my dh to help me with dishes.. lol

I am still learning names and such so y'all will have to excuse me! I am terrible at writing personals as well... I'll get it soon...

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!

Mama Nicole
08-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Barbara.....thank you so much for saying that. That is exactly how I felt, but figured I was just being too critical. I tend to get that way with medical/dental care, but for goodness sake.......we ARE paying them, right? Anyway.......I have mixed feeling if I want to go back or not. It is a tiny little office with like 6 employees, and when I went, I brought both boys. One hygentist worked on me and another one took both boys for me and did their cleanings. Mine took longer than theirs did, so they let them roam around the office and visit with everyone. It was so nice...........so how do I decide what to do? Anyway.........have to go get some sewing done now :) I'll be back.
XOXO

JLem311
08-31-2007, 02:23 PM
hey everyone. i have the day off today and i've done a whole lot of nothing. it's been nice. i did go to COD and i stayed the same! ugh!! so frustrated. i've only lot 4lbs the past month and now last week i gained .8 and still didn't lose anything this week. getting a bit pissed because i'm working so hard, getting my workouts in, etc. they combed over my diary and still weren't able to find anything.
i'll keep truckin' along though...guess that's all i can do at this point. i keep thinking to myself...i bought more weeks because i wanted to lose another 30lbs once i hit my 50lbs..and now i can't even get to 40lbs! what was i thinking?!? and i was suppose to be at 50lbs by the end of July. obviously that didn't happen. ugh.

ok. done venting. just getting a bit fed up. i know that i could've been at my 50lb goal had i stuck to the plan and not deviated at all. but life happens and slips happen. but i'll keep going. i know i'm not going to quit. that's something i'm 100% sure of! i've come too far. and to be honest...i haven't been this low of a weight since 2001. so, to me..that's amazing in itself.

Katy66
08-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Hey gang, just a quick check in. Boy I'm glad that I'm doing the no scale challenge. I've been bad for two days and jsut when I was trying to get back in the swing of it today we ended up going to lunch at the Grove Park Inn (real nice resort in town). I ordered a spinach and tomato salad with a crab cake and vinagrette dressing on the side, I'm thinking...not too bad THEN they bring the bread to the table. So I had one piece and it was wonderful.........guess I'll count as two starches.

NEVER GIVE UU; I CAN DO THIS!

BarbaraB
08-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Jillian, Hang in there, you can't lose 50 pounds without having a plateau. It just happens. It is just part of the process. You are so close to 40 pounds too! Give it a little time and the weight will start moving again.

You are looking so good in all your pictures. Really you are looking fit and healthy and you really can see a big difference in your face in the one before and after you had posted some weeks ago.

healthy2b
08-31-2007, 03:33 PM
Hang in there Jillian...you can do this!

amylou7777
09-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Hi guys! Just got home from a not-so-POP sushi dinner for a friend's birthday. I feel like I have a brick in my stomach despite the fact that I tried not to overeat.

Jillian-even though the scale is being uncooperative think of how good you are being to your body! I am so impressed with your workouts every week. I got two in this week and the goal is to be getting 3-4 EVERY week. You have come so far already....keep goin girl!

I am so excited to have a long weekend without any major plans. It will be the first time I can run some errands since school started.

I'm going to catch up on some posts!

amylou7777
09-01-2007, 01:57 AM
Carrie, Barbara, I liked your new avatars so much I thought I'd put a new one up!

dolphn545
09-01-2007, 09:16 AM

Just got back from WI. Down a couple more ounces. I will take it, considering ...
Went to Red Robin for dinner last nite. But I behaved (for the most part). I ordered some chicken entree, it had mexican seasonings, and "baja" flavors. Served with a salad, salsa and lime dressing. It was good! I was doing ok, til the bill came, and DD and I had to split a mud pie. :eek: Now I will have to be extra careful the remainder of the weekend so the scale doesn't go back up.

Deb - Good to see you back. Hope you are feeling better.

Felicia - sorry to hear about your kids with their daycare drama. But you're probably right, as soon as you got to the truck, I'm sure they were happy and playing. Relax and enjoy your weekend. Daycare will get easier on her! (and you!!)

Jillian - I definitely feel for you. If I would have stuck with program, etc., I would have reached goal a LONG time ago! (last October was supposed to be the date). Now I'm aiming to reach goal by my birthday (January 4). At 2# a week, I would have been able to do that, but I'm only losing on average 1 1/2#/week. WE CAN DO THIS!! :)
With your workouts in, are you getting enough food? Just remember too, that while working out, muscle weighs more than ... [the other stuff]. So while the scale may not be moving as quickly, maybe you are losing inches instead of pounds!!

To everyone else - :wave:

Hope everyone has a great POP day!

bayoubelle68
09-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Amy! Look at your new avatar! You look fabulous!

As for our daycare drama, I think I've figured it out. We've had quite a time ever since DD moved up into this class three weeks ago. We moved to a new home one weekend, she moved to a new Sunday School class the next weekend, and the following Monday, she moved up to her new daycare class. I think it was too much change for her. Her behavior was HORRIBLE! She's always been sassy, but never rude or mean and she was both! I dreaded going to pick her every day because I didn't want to hear what she had done! Well, she finally settled down after about a week and things were great until this week. She clung to me on Thursday and Friday and it was awful. I found out when I went to get her yesterday that the class has a new helper/teacher in the afternoons. I'm thinking that may be the problem. She's just going through a phase where she doesn't adapt well to change, I guess. We'll see.

I'm telling you, she didn't go through the Terrible Twos at all, but these threes are KILLING me!!

dolphn545
09-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Felicia - this will be of no consolation to you right now, but I will share anyways. My DD bypassed the terrible two's, it was worse in the three's. But I don't think she ever outgrew them at all!! (she's 12 now!) She doesn't adjust well to change neither. And the hissy fits, oh my! I hope things get better for you!
With my DD, she has other issues which contribute to her (she's bipolar)

JLem311
09-01-2007, 12:59 PM
thanks for all the encouragement! i know that even though the scale isn't moving very quickly, i know that i've lost some inches in the past month or so because..the new jeans that i bought while i was visiting the kids in july aren't as super snug in the waist and thighs as they were when i first bought them. :) so that's something. i guess we're all in the mindset that if the scale isn't moving something is wrong! that's not right. i'll take inches loss over pound loss any day. (megan is a true believer in that!)

so, i'm doing better today. i have to work at 5pm, so dh and i have been relaxing today. i have tomorrow off but work mon-thurs then friday we're flying out to see the kids again! we're going a few weeks earlier than we normally would (we usually go mid month) but my parents are going to try and make it to SD to see us and the kids. so i'm excited about the upcoming week!

Mama Nicole
09-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Hello everyone :) I am taking a quick break from sewing. I am having so much fun......but breaks are good. :)

I have to ask, before I forget........where the heck is Angie?????? Come back girl........we need your sense of humor. You and Kristen both!!! Come out and play.

Kristen......I hope you had a happy birthday. I forgot to wish you one on the day......but........
:bday2you:,:bday2you:, Happy Birthday Dear Kristen, :bday2you::bday2::gift::celebrate::gift::balloons: :hb::woo:

Anyway.........just wanted to stop in and read up and say hello. I have been OP all weekend so far.......which is a small miracle for me :) I hope you are all doing well :)
XOXO

bayoubelle68
09-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Had a NSV this morning! 3 weeks ago, I bought a skirt to wear to our school's open house (the meet-and-greet with new students and parents). At the time, the victory was that it was the first non-elastic-waist ANYTHING that I had worn in 10 years. I got up this morning and decided to wear the skirt to church. I put it on and it's HUGE! I'm still wearing it, but I've apparently lost several inches from my waist because I could honestly put DD in here with me and still be able to zip it. (No, I didn't actually try that, but I could if I weren't concerned about traumatizing her for life!!) It just makes me feel really good to have tangible evidence of my success.

Went to WI yesterday and found that the COD was closed to give their employees the whole Labor Day long weekend off. I KNOW that sign was on the door on Wednesday when I went in, but I didn't see it. I didn't mind. I'm sure they need the break as much as I do. I'll have to wait until next Wednesday to see how I've done.

Have a great day, everybody!!

Mama Nicole
09-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Felicia.........sometimes, victories like that are so much better than sclae victories!!! It is very real when your clothes are too big, isn't it? Congrats......you deserve this........you have been working so hard :)
XOXO

amylou7777
09-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Yeah Felicia!! Congrats on the best NSV of them all!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Being able to relax inside has been great seeing as it's been over 100 here everyday for the past 5 days!

I'm aiming for a POP day today...and tomorrow....

Kim0303
09-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Wow! everyone must be celebrating! I am getting ready to head for the mountains and thought I would pop in and say hello. Read through the post last night in between commercials on the football game. Hope you guys didn't see it. Terrible! Usual Tn Football. Oh, I didn't say that.

Kimberly R - Got the tapes and yes I think I am going to love them. TOM is visiting and I feel like I want to kill someone and pain pills haven't kicked in yet so the workout will have to wait.

Katy66 - Grove Park has fond memories for me. That is where my husband took my in December of '87 to propose. He use to be so romantic. Anyway, my DD and a friend of hers still go over every December to see the decorations and the gingerbread houses. Last year I almost didn't get in because it is open to guest only on the weekends during the holiday. I said, "Buddy you better give me a break, I will know next year but I just drove 2 hours across a mountain with 2 teenagers!" He let me in! Love it there. Of course my DD wants to do the spa thing. I told her to start saving her money. It is beautiful! I can't imagine getting to go to the spa there. Hey maybe that should be a reward to me and DD when I reach goal. I will tell her that and maybe she will quit bringing what we have always called fat girl snacks. Of course at 100 pounds, she can eat anything! I have been making her hide them in her bedroom! Ha! Ha!

Felicia - Hope you DD gets calmed down. I was blessed with a mother that took care of mine. She did that all her life as an occupation. I can't imagine having one not wanting to stay. My husband had to deal with the kindergarten thing. That was rough on him. Of course my DD is still the drama queen.

Nicole - oh sewing, how relaxing. Until you have to do it for a living. I use to sew draperies for a local designer. That was a trip. She told me what she had in her head and I had to make it happen. We worked well together until she got a divorce and ran off with someone else. I just quit after that. Tried to work with another decorator and he drove me crazy! Got to finish a backpack for DD when I get home. She wanted a Vera Bradley but they weren't big enought for her to carry her books. So I get to make a look alike without a pattern because she had her own thing in mind. has a draw string at the top. now I got to figure out where I am going to put the shoulder straps, she doesn't want them at the top because of the draw string. Then I have to figure out the right size flap to put on it and then she is taking it for monogramming. The shop saw the last one I did for my niece that was just a plan big bag with a flap they monogrammed for her. That want more but the quilted fabric is so expensive, I didn't think they would pay me for my time and be able to add money for them to make anything off of it. I'll probably end up with $20 materials with the string, D rings, and material in the bookbag. OK quit rambling. Got to get in the shower and get out of here.

hope everyone has a great rest of the holiday!

bradleys mom
09-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Kim 3- Yay! You know they say that exercise helps with cramps. (If you make it out of bed to do them...)

I cheated last night!!! I ate a small piece of chocolate cake! My weakness! I tried to compensate and counted it as a fruit and starch. I hope I didnt mess up my Labor day goal!!