UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 03:41 AM   #1  
7 of 9 wannabe

Angry Weekly Weigh In

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE

I can't get to a diet class and so its really easy for me to cover up when I sort of slip off diet - I just don't mention it to anyone and just talk about my overall weight loss. So I thought it might be a good idea to make myself 'go public' each week with my weight loss/gain.... Would anyone else care to join me on this ?????

A little bit about my failure last year.... I lost 30lbs between May and September but put back on 10lbs since I stopped being strict with myself, so my New Year's resolution is to reach my target weight by next New Year's Eve. I want to lose 30lbs by the end of March, another 15lbs by 11th June and the remaining stone by next 31st December (or sooner). I am going back to the diet that I was on last year - 1,000 cals plus half a pint of milk and all the fruit and veg I want. It averaged out at about 1,500 - 1,600 cals a day and gave a slow but steady weight loss.

So my vital statistics are....

Start Weight: 14st 10lbs
Current Weight: 14st 10lbs
Target Weight: 10st 7lbs
Loss/gain this week: nil
Total lost so far: nil
Remainder to be lost: 4st 3lbs
Old 01-02-2002, 06:44 AM   #2  
Theres no stopping me now

OK Sarah I'm in. I lost 2 stone last year, but have gained it all back and more.

Starting weight - 16st 8lbs
Current weight - 16st 8lbs
Target weight - 10st 7lbs
Loss/Gain this week - nil
Total loss so far - nil
Remainder to be lost - 6st 1lb

No excuses now, can't believe how heavy I've got

Carol
Old 01-02-2002, 07:06 AM   #3  

17 stone 10 on monday that is 6 pounds on over christmas and 11 pounds back on since may!
Old 01-02-2002, 08:00 AM   #4  

Okay, count me in too.

Starting weight - 14st 5lbs
Current weight - 14st 5lbs
Target weight - 10st 7lbs
Loss/Gain this week - nil
Total loss so far - nil
Remainder to be lost - 3st 12 lbs

Are we going to update our weights once a week?

My main problem is that I always have one good week and then one bad week. My boyfriend lives in London while I am down in Devon so the weeks I don't see him, I can be good. When he comes down here or I go up there, we always eat (and drink ) way too much. That's something I need to work on. I also want to cut right down on my alcohol intake as I have been drinking far too much lately.

Phoebe
Old 01-02-2002, 08:22 AM   #5  
7 of 9 wannabe

Hi Everyone

A weekly weigh in would be good for me - but if you want to make it fortnightly or monthly then that's OK too.

I prefer to make it each week for me because I have got the attention span of a goldfish and tend to 'forget' if the gap gets any bigger!!!!

I am guilty of the booze bingeing as well - I have decided to cut it out completely for all of January - and then perhaps introduce a glass or two at the weekends if it fits in with my calories.

Hey Veggie - you have done better than me over Christmas!! I managed to put on 10lbs since about mid-November - with most of it going on over this last week or two.... Never mind - thats in the past - we have got a whole new year now. Veggie - what is your target weight - and are you going to break down your total weight to lose in to smaller goals?

Once we are settled I thought I might keep a tally of how much weight we have lost on this thread overall and how much we lose as a group each week. (I also thought I might keep some sort of tally of how much weight we aim to lose as a group). I just hope my maths is up to this!

Good luck everyone
Old 01-02-2002, 09:17 AM   #6  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

16 stone 10lbs as of last friday...thats a loss of 3lbs over christmas total since february 2001 lost is 8 sone 8lbs

Peachy its a great idea to keep a tally of how much we lose as a group...if you run out of fingers to count on you can use mine

Ali

Last edited by Posy; 01-02-2002 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:16 PM   #7  
Theres no stopping me now

Good for you Peachy. Thats a great idea to keep tally.

I can offer 10 fingers & toes to help with any hard sums.
Old 01-02-2002, 04:04 PM   #8  

Default GREAT IDEA SARAH

Count me in guys.

Well, I started AGAIN today and I'm 18.4 aaarrrggghhhhhhh! Back to exactly where I was this time last year and that also means I have lost and gained 1 and a half stones - about 10 lbs of that since the beginning of December.

Start weight: 18.4
Current weight: 18.4
Target: 12
Loss/gain this week: nil
Remainder to lose: 6 stones 4 lbs!!!
First goal weight: 17.7

Feeling really motivated - thank you
Old 01-02-2002, 06:21 PM   #9  

This is a great idea, I have also set up a weekly weigh in reminder at the yahoo group.

17st 13lb in August 2000
13st 13lb at my last weigh in before xmas (I havent been brave enough to face the scales yet!!!)

Target weight is 11st 7lb

Topmonkey
PS I have just seen an ad for easter eggs on telly
Old 01-02-2002, 07:08 PM   #10  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I'm new and feel like I need to stand up and be counted

I am 36 years old and I weigh 15 stone - I gained at least 7lbs over Christmas.

Target weight: 11 stone
Target date: July 29th (2lbs a week over 28 weeks - my 13th wedding anniversary!)

Promises:
1) swim 3 times a week; aerobic exercise 3 times a week. Total 5 hours a week exercise
2) Eat less - I am a glutton I cannot pretend that I don't eat a lot cos I do! And I love all the wrong things, despite the fact that I have a degree in health & exercise sciences and I'm an aerobics instructor (resting at the moment whilst looking for full time emplyment).
3) to weigh in every week!!!!
4) To really mean what I say this time

Fingers crossed, stef.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:19 AM   #11  
7 of 9 wannabe

Hi Everyone -

How nice to see some more people on this thread. Welcome to 3FC, Stef, its a great place to come for support and friendship - and you've definitely come to the best bit - UKFC!!!

Like I said yesterday, I thought about keeping a running tally because I think most people either weigh themselves on Fridays or Monday mornings - and I thought I would do this monumental calculation each Monday. If anyone else would like to check my maths, please feel free. I just happened to be passing one of those pound shops yesterday and bought a calculator so I don't have to use everyones fingers and toes, although thank you for the offer!!!!!!

Here is a list of the amounts you all want to lose (I hope) let me know if I have got it wrong.

Me (Sarah) - 4st 3lbs
Carol - 6st 1lb
Phoebe - 3st 12lbs
Ali - 6st 8lbs
Delaney - 6st 4lbs
Veggie - don't know - about 6st 7lbs possibly??
Topmonkey - 2st 5lbs
Stef - 4st 0lbs

If my estimate for Veggie is about right, then this gives us a total to be lost (so far) of 39st 12lbs.

Anyone else want to join in?

Last edited by Sarah-Ann; 01-03-2002 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-03-2002, 04:38 AM   #12  
Pink Thingy

Default Better late than never....

I keep on accidently on purpose avoiding this thread - guess I don't want to see the big number, but here goes

SW - 14st 11lbs
CW - 14st 11lbs
Goal - 10 st (see how I feel when I get there

I know it is not good to make excuses, but this week isn't a good one - AF and a throat infection, but I am still going to try

I am going to try and exercise 5 times a week and to get my water in (this is the hardest part for me - I hate water) - if anyone has any water tips, they would be greatfully received.

I am going to stick with it this time! I lost just over a stone last year and what with messing around, but it all back with an added bonus
Old 01-03-2002, 08:23 AM   #13  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Default OMG!!!!

Can you believe that number Peachy...39 stone 12lbs...I nearly choked on my water when I saw that...its enough to scare you to death.....but then thinking about it, it makes having to lose 6 stone 8lbs seem like a drop in the ocean doesn't it.

Then I looked at how much we all want to lose individually and I was sad again...I still need to lose the most sort of still feel like the one that stands out...you know the feeling . you walk into a room and your the biggest one there. It sort of made me feel like the 8 !/2 stone I've already lost didn't matter.
Well I've pulled myself together now ...hehehe...that was quick wasn't it, just told myself how much worse I would have felt if it had still been 15 stone that I had to lose

BigFatBooty...I know exactly what you mean about hating water...when I joined the gym, my personal instructor said it was essential to drink loads of it, he said that no matter how you got it down I had to do it and he recommended just adding a splash of sugar free cordial just to give it a hint of taste, but make sure you pick one that doesn't contain sodium.
Like you I set my goal weight at 10 stone 4lbs, but I am just going to wait and see how I feel when I reach that. I am doing this for myself so I look and feel better, when I feel good I will stop, I'm not going to go to a weight just because someone somewhere says that I should weigh a certain weight .

Welcome Stef...Well I finally found the guts to join a gym a few weeks ago, I love to swim but I'm afraid to say I still haven't found enough courage to go so I envy you swimming 3 times a week.
I think you have set yourself a really attainable target and what a great anniversary present it will be for both you and your husband to reach goal for your anniversary...good luck

I'm hoping to reach my final goal for my birthday which is the 29th september just 2 months after you

oh what a year this is going to be

Have a great day everyone

Ali
Old 01-03-2002, 09:48 AM   #14  

WOW 39 Stones ...

Don't be sad Ali - you're the most successful out of all of us so far AND I am down as wanting to lose 6.4, but that still only takes me to 12 stone and you down to 10.4!! (did that make any sense?)

Come on guys lets do this.
Old 01-03-2002, 03:28 PM   #15  
Pending Email Confirmation

Hi Peacy and others

I too would like to join your weigh in.

I lost 1.1/2 stones last year (early on) and have put most of it back on again.

I would like to lose a stone or so, so here goes:

SW. 11.00
TW. 10.00 (approx)

I did only gain 4lb over the 2 week Xmas period so that's not too bad.

I don't know how I am going to do it this time. Last time something just "clicked" and it was quite easy. I will try my best. I too have a problem with booze.. not as in AA but I like a drink or two and the calories just add up. I have received an invitation to re-join WW but the thought turns me cold. I can't stand the patter any more of clubs, I have been to sooooo many slimming clubs in my life that I couldn't face it again. I have decided that if don't do this alone, I never will. That is why I could do with the help of this site.

Any ideas all of you out there?
Closed Thread