100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: Aug 27-Sept 9

GirlyGirlSebas
08-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was enjoyable, but not very on-plan. We have company coming again this weekend, so I could make excuses again or I can learn to live with "distractions." I just realized that next week is September! Wow! We only have 4 more months left for this year. I'm setting a goal for myself to lose 50 pounds by the end of the year. that equals 5.75 pounds lost per month...seems pretty doable for me. I did lose 1 pound this week, so I'm moving in the right direction. My goal for today is to eat on schedule and on-plan. I've noticed that I'm forgetting to eat my morning snacks which seems to encourage me to go off-plan in the afternoon/evening.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

hellokitty81668
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Congrats on the weight loss Rhonda :carrot::carrot:, I hope everyone's weekend was great.
I am doing good with eating and exercising, my problem is more mental , I guess . Like right now I am going to begin exercising at 8 am, and I just don't have that energy to do it, I say to myself :" Oh I don't need to exercise today", but then I think if I don't exercise today, then I won't exercise tomorrow and then I will go off my eating plan and the weight will come back on :(,
The time does go fast, in 4 months I will be happy to be at 200 lbs that would be a 32 lb loss, I think it is doable, because I know I am going to hit a plateau somewhere, and I need to plan for it.
Today I will exercise , elliptical, general exercises, weight lifting.
Breakfast will be : Kashi cereal, banana
Lunch will be veggie burgers with hummus
Dinner( I am making enchiladas ( veggie style), and will have a serving),
snacks: tlc bars, strawberries, pineapple.
The scale showed the 230's gone today, I am hopping it sticks around for weigh in day on Wednesday.
cheryl

royalsfan1
08-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Wow...only 4 months to reach end of the year goals! I think that my weight loss is starting to slow a little so I'm going to make a conservative goal. I want to hit the 100 pound lost mark by New Year's Eve. That gives me 4 months to lose 27 pounds...which averages out to about 7 pounds a month. Thanks for the reminder, Rhonda!

Yesterday was AWFUL for me. It is the first time since I've begun that I have gone completely off-plan and was unplanned about doing it. That really scares me! I see how easy it is to slip back into my old lifestyle and I need to stay on top of things at all times! I'm right back on plan this morning but not without beating myself up a little. Tomorrow is over...today is a new, on-plan day!

In order to kind of cleanse myself out after yesterday I'm eating ONLY raw foods today. This is not punishment...this is what feels good in order to allow my body to catch up on all this sodium that's making me swollen and sluggish this morning.

Exercise will be swimming and water aerobics.

I hope I feel much better, tomorrow!!!!!!!

Jen415
08-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi y'all! It is a GLORIOUS Monday!!

More and more, I am finding how VITAL planning ahead is for me. I am more in control if I make a plan the day before. I put all of my planned food in my Spark nutrition planner and then printed it out and put it on the fridge. I put the dinner schedule on the white board on our fridge so the whole house knows what's happening when. I've got at least 30 minutes of activity planned 6 out of 7 days (today's activity is pulling weeds at home after work--woohoo!)

As of this moment, I am totally on plan for today!! and I plan to stay that way! A twist on a familliar weight loss motto:

"NOTHING tastes as good as being on plan feels!!"

hellokitty81668
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Update:
did my exercises, will do the weights tonight. I am making Jambalaya for the kids tonight( menu change), so I am not sure what to eat.
I just got my TOM's , so I guess that explains the mood I have been in the past few days, I do not know if I will weigh in Wednesday, depends. I don't feel as bloated as I usually do , I guess it is the weight coming off is making things better? I only wish.
I will do this!!
cheryl

Slashnl
08-27-2007, 12:16 PM
As I said in the weigh-in forum, my ticker is now showing the correct weight. I had to lose some to get it back to being accurate!
Anyway, I'm planning to be good today. I couldn't walk this morning because it was pouring rain. We need the rain, so that's good, but it messes up my walking track!! Anyway, I'm on plan so far and I am planning on staying there!

nicolen
08-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I need to get myself back on track - starting from right now. I've had an absolutely mad few weeks, but that's over, thankfully. I'm giving up on WW - not enjoying it at all, and I'd rather have the money in my bank account than theirs, so I'm going to try calorie counting and see how that goes.

So the menu plan is:

B - porridge with skim milk, and 3 dried apricots chopped through it.
S - small handful popcorn, 1 kiwi fruit
L - Pita bread with leftover steak from last night, salad and tatziki
S - apple
D - chicken, roasted cauliflower, baked potato and the first of the new season's asparagus. Yum!

Exercise - cardio at the gym after work.

CLCSC145
08-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi All!

Rhonda, the end of the year is fast approaching, isn't it? Just imagine waking up on January 1, 2008, and realizing that you aren't one of those people starting your diet that day. That you've already made substantial changes that are paying off for you. That you're already lighter than you have been in years. That it's just another day and you get up and work your plan just like you've been doing for months. I haven't had a New Year's Day like that in forever and I am so looking forward to it. Whether I lose 10 more pounds or 30, I'll know on that day, just like I know today, that I've made great changes in my life. That's my year end goal!

As for yesterday, food was on target, but I didn't exercise. Bad C.C.. I WILL walk today. I also need to go to the market and restock. I'm changing up my third goal to be getting up earlier. I am on a horrendous sleep cycle lately. Up until 4 or 5 am, then sleeping way too late. I want to get back into a normal pattern. It doesn't seem weight loss related, but my current pattern does help me to avoid life, which is a pattern that I established being fat and not feeling good about myself. So I need to break it!

Hope everyone has a great day today!

mj5
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi everyone. I have had a bad couple of days--work stuff. Yesterday morning, now that I think of it, probably right after I finished posting here, I received a call from work (I was the on-call manager for the week) from one of my staff members. She had just gone to visit one of our residents and found her dead. Our whole team ended up going in to work (I have THE best team ever!) so we could support each other as well as our residents. This was totally unexpected, she was only 38.

Yesterday I didn't do that great w/ food choices, but at least I didn't eat a lot of bad stuff. Today I have hardly eaten at all--not good either, but I am in the process of making a nice healthy dinner (a little pasta w/ a LOT of roasted veggies) and I will make myself eat some of it. No exercise yesterday, but today I did force myself to get to the gym. I did 30 min of cardio. Better than nothing.

Hubby has to work tonight, but I will eat dinner then snuggle up w/ the dogs and watch some mindless tv.

I will pop in over the next few days when I can....I am determined NOT to turn to food, although I also know that I must eat.

Hope you are all doing well.

MJ ;)

hellokitty81668
08-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Good morning all,
I am feeling blah, Oh don't I love being a women.
Both my kids are in school, the house is quieter, it takes some getting used to . Next week I am going to be doing a big cleaning in the house, the only way to do this is when the kids are in school. I need to start looking for a job too.
I am going to get exercising soon, do as much as possible , and eat ok today. I am not sure what right now, but there is no junk food for my to eat, so I should do ok. Tomorrow is my weigh in day, I am hoping to post a loss. lets see. Have a good day.
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
08-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Good morning, Everyone.

MJ - So sorry that your resident passed on.:hug: How are you doing?

Just imagine waking up on January 1, 2008, and realizing that you aren't one of those people starting your diet that day. That you've already made substantial changes that are paying off for you. That you're already lighter than you have been in years.
CC - I literally got butterflies when I read your post yesterday. This will be the first time in forever that I've actually lost weight and kept it off. This time, I can say "I did it!" Wow. What an incredible feeling.

Last night, my on-plan dinner didnt settle well on my stomach. I mentioned to my 7 year old daughter that "mommy's tummy isnt very happy." Her response......"Mommy, I'm so sorry that you're sick all the time." :?: OMG, she is so right! I am sick all of the time...most of the time, I just feel doggone rotten. A couple of weeks ago, I wasnt on my hormones and I was having headaches and was incredibly grumpy and depressed. Now, I'm on my hormones and I'm still having headaches and my feet are swollen and I'm so tired all of the time. I have got to get myself in shape. I don't want to be sick or feeling rotten all of the time. I'm only 43, for pete's sake! Am I one of those women who always has an ailment each time you see her? Yikes!

So, today, I will begin getting to bed by 10:30 each night. I need more sleep.
Not only will I function better mentally, but I won't feel the need to eat the starchy carbs to keep myself going throughout the day. Afterall, they really don't work very well.

traci in training
08-28-2007, 09:10 AM
Nicolen - our asparagus season is over and most of what you get at the grocery tastes like cardboard. Wanna ship us some??? :-)

I'm going to have to start eating breakfast and lunch in the car on the way to and from school. Anybody have good ideas for healthy portable food? I have a little lunchbox that you freeze, so cold is okay. I don't think I can manage a salad while driving, so I need fingerish foods.

mj5
08-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Good Morning!

Rhonda--I am doing ok, thanks for asking--still in shock, though I think. I totally agree w/ you and CC how awesome it will be not to be "starting" for the new year!

So far so good today, although it is only 9am here! ;) I feel kind of icky right now...almost like a cold is coming on. I hope not! Tonight I am supposed to meet hubby for a baseball game. I am really not into it, but I told him I would go. The good news about meeting him there is having both cars and if I really don't want to stay I will just leave.

I'm sure I'll pop in later. Have a great day!
MJ ;)

Jen415
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Hiya gang:

I'm happy to report I stuck to my plan 100% yesterday!! ....that is until my evening snack.

I usually have a Healthy Choice Fudgebar (90 cal), but I decided to add a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter with it....DOH!!!!

P*sses me off that I could stick to everything else all day long and then CHOKE at the very end! However, today IS another day, and I am on my way to sticking to plan 100%!!

royalsfan1
08-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Good morning!

Well, yesterday's plan worked like a dream! All the excess sodium from Sunday is gone and I'm feeling like myself again and the scale is happy.

Today we all got up at 5 to see the lunar eclipse so we got to be lazy and move slowly getting the kids ready for school. I was going to the gym to run on the treadmill but while I was in the driveway waiting for my daughter's carpool I realized that it was cool, breezy, and cloudy!!!! Are you kidding me???? So, I grabbed my IPod and ran here in the neighborhood. The weather was great and I had the best run ever. 2.5 miles in about 26 minutes. Sure, my time is slower than most runners I know...but for me that is GREAT! I just felt so strong and so good.

Today's food will be fruit and vegetables for breakfast and lunch. I'll probably also throw in some cottage cheese at lunchtime just because I love it so much and the protein/dairy would be good for me. Dinner tonight is chicken chili. My kids have been asking me to make bread so I'll probably make a loaf of whole wheat to go with the chili. It's pretty high cal but one piece will fit into my plan...it's whole grain...my kids love it. What's the downside??? After Sunday's debacle I'm still not ready to trust myself with any processed foods so that means no protein bars or sugar free "treats". I'm going to keep it fresh and homemade for several days to give my body time to readjust to my normal...otherwise I'll binge again. I DON'T want that!!!

Well, I've got housework to finish and then I'm off to the gym for my weight lifting.

Have a great day!

Slashnl
08-28-2007, 12:25 PM
Traci, I often eat in the car while running errands. They have sugar snap peas all washed and stringless in bags at the store. I'll add those with carrots to go with whatever else I back. Sometimes, depending on what you can allow yourself, getting turkey pepperoni and some string cheese works well. Just a couple of thoughts. Wraps are good too, if you don't make them too big!

My biggest problem right now is trying to get dinners put together. We have been eating really late because of kids' activities and such. I know that it isn't a good thing to eat that late, but I'm struggling with having everyone eat on their own. I like to have our meals together as a family.

Anyway, so far so good today. I have a nice, healthy lunch packed while I run more errands.

CC, I agree with that statement of greeting the new year in such a better situation than last year. How exciting that will be!

Rhonda, sometimes at our age, we have to make sure we get our rest!! ;)

rakel
08-28-2007, 02:35 PM
The scale is going bonkers... or maybe it has always been that way and I never bothered to weigh again. Anyway, today the scale was reading between 294 and 295, so I'm taking the middle of that at 294.5, which means I've lost yet another pound, bringing this month's weight loss total up to 13.5lbs! Hey! Not bad! At this rate, I'll probably lose at least 1 or 2 more pounds this week. If I can keep this progress up I can lose 60lbs by the New Year. I am not sure if that is a realistic goal or not, though, so we'll see how September goes! I officially state my end-of-September goal to be less than 280!

As for food -- well -- I didn't go over my calories Monday but the choices I made could have been better, namely the chocolate and the pizza, and not to eat so late, but I will be working on that! I did exercise even though I got home late from work. Part of me didn't want to do it, the fat me, but the skinny me was dying to sweat!

nicolen
08-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Traci, if you send me some decent apples, I'll send you the asparagus - how does that sound. Our apples have hit that horrible stage of cool-store apples and are foul. Ick!

Today I did great. I did not drift off plan once and got my exercise. The only obvious thing I can improve on is my water intake - that was a bit low. So that's what I'm going to focus on.

Menu today:

B - porridge with dried apricots
S - small handful popcorn, 1 kiwi fruit
L - the leftover chicken from last night, salad, tzatiki as dressing
S - 1 kiwi fruit, small packet rice crackers
D - stirfry. lamb, broccoli, spinach, onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper, frozen mixed veg.

Exercise - not a gym day, so I'm going to up the walking - 90 mins - 2 hours walking.

CLCSC145
08-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Hello everybody!

I'm glad I could send you some butterflies, Rhonda!

Traci, This probably makes me weird, but I like finger foods. A lot. Most of the time my meals are made up of lots of little snacks, most of which I think could travel with you. Here are some things I keep around: A single serving pack of carrots, string cheese, a cut up apple, cherry tomatoes, cold pieces of cut up roasted chicken breast, a high fiber pita, broccoli with hummus, blueberries, strawberries, walnuts, almonds, dry Kashi Go Lean Crunch, yogurt, hard boiled egg, dill pickles, tuna with a few crackers, Kalamata olives, nectarines... It probably stems from me hating to empty the dishwasher - if I never get them dirty, I don't have to wash them!

Hope you don't get sick, MJ!

Jen, maybe next time if you really want the peanut butter, skip the fudge bar!

Tricia, your weather sounds heavenly. Congrats on the run!

Diane, good for you for wanting your family to eat together. That's one of the nice things I remember from my childhood - always eating together as a family. Of course, back then we kids didn't have the activity schedules that kids have today!

Rakel, you may lose that much, but I would be prepared for your losses to slow down after the early big drops. It's okay to dream big, but just don't get discouraged if your loss falls short. :)

Nicole, 90 minutes to 2 hours of walking? Good heavens! You go, girl! 2 hours of walking and you'd find me in the gutter on the side of the road...

As for me, yesterday was good food-wise and I took a long walk. I wasn't tired by 11 PM, so to make sure I wasn't up until 5 in the morning, I took some Excedrin PM. Wow, that knocked me for a loop. By midnight, it totally kicked in and I felt drunk and sleepy. Aaaahhh. Slept the sleep of the dead. It was awesome. and I got up hours earlier than I normally do! So three checkmarks for me today. Thank heavens yesterday was weigh in day, because today I'm up 1.4 pounds for no good reason. That'll keep me on track today...

Take care all!

royalsfan1
08-29-2007, 08:43 AM
CC - I love those drugged sleeps! hahah I can't even keep Nyquil in my house because I adore it and could easily become addicted. In fact, in the "quirks" thread I could have put in my NyQuil "ritual"... When I have a cold and allow myself to buy the stuff I have this whole routine I go through. I ONLY love the green stuff. I measure it out and set it on the bathroom counter in a little shot glass. Then I take a juice glass and fill it with crushed ice and water. I slam the NyQuil and then the water. Green NyQuil with an ice water "chaser"....YUMMO!!!!!!!!!! Then I get to pass out and dream the CRAZIEST dreams! :D

Ok - on to more serious business...today.

I'm going to be gone most of the day. I have my water aerobics and swimming this morning. Then I have to go down to Memphis for lunch with a friend, a trip to Costco, and a hair appointment. Then rush back home to get my kids from school. Then we'll be here for about an hour and off to church for a couple of meetings and a birthday celebration for a friend. Sooo...planning is KEY today!

Breakfast - whole wheat toast, 1 Tbsp peanut butter, and a banana
Snack - won't have time before lunch...shouldn't be an issue because my breakfast is one that sticks with me for a while!
Lunch - Chili's guiltless salmon
Snack - Kashi caramel crunch bar
Dinner - probably last night's leftover chicken chili - only 260 calories for a bowl...I think that's GREAT!

I'll try to throw in a salad for some extra veggies and another fruit...probably as dessert after dinner.

I think that's my plan for today and I think it will work just fine for me!

Hope you all have a great - on plan - day!

hellokitty81668
08-29-2007, 08:49 AM
I had an ok day yesterday, I made a veggie enchilada thingy for dinner, and ended up eating two servings, but I didn't snack as much yesterday, so I didn't go over my calories for the day.
Today will be better.
I am not sure what I will be eating again, I know I have to plan better, it is just really hard when you don't eat meat. I did go out and buy some strawberries, blueberries, figs and chocolate yogurt. so I will be snacking healthy
Breakfast should be Kashi go lean crunch cereal with fat free milk, and a banana.
Lunch tuna with tomatoes
Dinner : veggie burgers, or eggs.
I will do this!!! cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
08-29-2007, 08:56 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

I've shared before that one of the turning points for me to begin this journey was a family trip to Disneyworld. My feet and knees hurt badly, I was exhausted by noon and I just couldn't keep up. Three months later, we went to Disneyworld again. By that time, I had lost 25 pounds and was working out on the treadmill for an hour a day. The difference was amazing! I kept up easily, my feet only hurt a little, my knees didn't hurt at all and I kept up easily. Now, I have lost a little more weight, but I've not been working out at all. I've signed up to be a chaperone for my daughter's chorus field trip to Disneyworld in November. Again, I'm worried about being able to keep up. I have 11 weeks to make some big changes. I'd also like to wear my incentive jeans. I recently bought a pair of size 4 (another thread!) jeans at Lane Bryant, but I also bought the next size down in jeans (22) at JCPenney last weekend. It was buy 1 and get another for a $1, so I also bought a pair of size 20. So, beginning today, I am 100% on-plan and I'm back on the treadmill for an hour a day....and, I will begin using those resistance bands I purchased over a month ago! I can't wait to go shopping for tops, jackets and accessories to go with my new jeans.:D

Jen415
08-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Hi y'all...TOM is really kicking my butt this month! I should have known it would since last month's was easy....totally zaps my energy! I have to force myself to move around.....GIVE ME STRENGTH!

mj5
08-29-2007, 12:12 PM
It's official, I am getting sick. No gym for me tonight...gonna go home and rest.

MJ

nicolen
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Hope you're feeling better soon, MJ.

CC, 90 - 120 minutes of walking is fairly achievable for me. I could catch 3 buses to get to work and get on the bus outside my front door and off outside walk, or I can walk the 30 minutes into town, catch 1 bus and then walk another 20 minutes from the bus stop to work. Yesterday I did that before work then walked from work up to the hospital - about 35 - 40 minutes - and bused home from then and then went for a 30 minute walk after dinner.

Today, I've got an appointment after work, so can't go to the gym. It's going to be more walking - probably the same as yesterday. The menu looks like:

B - porridge with skimmed milk and dried apricots
S - popcorn and kiwi fruit
L - pita bread filled with salad, lamb, tzatziki
S - kiwi fruit
D - something with a chicken breast. I've got a couple of ideas and I'll see what I feel like when I get home.

Gah, I can't wait till we get some decent fruit here. Unfortunately we've hit the stage where the fruit - except kiwi fruit and bananas - are just terrible, or imported and tasteless. I know it doesn't take long, but it's hard to find 2 different fruits that I like, since I loathe bananas....

NESunshine
08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Ok.... well it's Wednesday and I'm just getting here....god my life is so hectic and dramatic some weeks it's a wonder that I have any sanity remaining. TOM is coming for me this week. I've felt pretty bloated all week...booo but food has been good. I haven't made it to the gym yet....and I'm not going tonight either.... I actually have a date...but there is a catch.

If anyone remembers my ongoing saga from a few months back regarding my 'torrid affair' boy....well we decided last night...after a long dramatic....(and when i say dramatic I mean way more dramatic then I can handle...and I can handle a lot...i mean come on i work in musical theatre) phone conversation that we are going to slowly try to make something official out of it. Relationships are really tough for me.... I'm just not the type of person that wants to get involved, get married, I'm not sure that I want children, I don't want to buy a house in the suburbs, I don't gush over babies etc. But, he has similar issues and for some reason as tragic as this ongoing saga has been over the last 8 years....yes I said 8 years.....we somehow work real well together...and we are polar opposites. Oh and he's totally hot so that helps.

SO now that this is all decided and we've agreed that we are both on board, I still have a date with another guy tonight....a state trooper....yes yet another man I will have absolutely nothing to talk about with, but I'm still going, Dave knows, and I'm just gonna have to play it of as, oh well we have friends in common so this is totally just us hanging out and we can't date cause i'm in love with a hot geek who's gonna give it a go with me.

So the good thing about attempting something with the 'torrid affair' is that he is so supportive of everything that I do. We were unofficially 'involved' the whole time I was losing the weight I've lost to date and I didn't realize until today how much it helped having him there. He literally listened to me all day long, about everything. I'm looking forward to having that again, I think it will help me a lot.

Things are going to be CRAZY for me over the next week or so, I have a packed weekend and am off to NYC for my annual national conference on Monday and will be gone through September 9th so I may be in and out a little less frequently while I'm traveling. The conference is going to be tough...the provide all the meals and I know it is all heavy and not healthy and I'm required to be at everything. I'm just going to have to be really careful and watch portions etc. My main concern isn't the food though...it's the alcohol. I remember last year and it was just a 24 hour party... i don't think I slept in 5 days so this year I'm going in prepared so I'm setting some goals.

#1 Watch portions, make as many healthy choices as possible
#2 bring work out clothes...the hotel has a gym
#3 Watch the alcohol...NO STAYING OUT ALL NIGHT DOWNING MOJITOS
WITH MY MIDWESTERN MANAGERS!!!!
#4 NO SMOKING (the desire to smoke will be greatly decreased by not getting
hammered every night)
#5 REMEMBER that with every extra thing I eat and every glass of wine I drink
I am undoing months of hard work and run the risk of bloating up and not
fitting into my suits.

This is going to be a really tough couple of weeks....wish me luck and I'll try to keep you posted!

CLCSC145
08-29-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm so happy for you and torrid boy, Sunshine!! I do remember you talking about him. :D Sigh, I'm a sucker for romance. Unfortunately, I can't find any for myself, but that's a problem to solve another day.

Rhonda, I can feel the energy coming from your post. You can do SO much by November!!! Change actually happens pretty fast once you get in a groove.

MJ, Get well!

Okay, yesterday I went over on my calories, but I walked and the scale came back down today. I bought some sleeping pills at the market yesterday so that I wasn't taking Excedrin PM when I didn't have any pain, but it didn't work last night. Crap. I was up until 4:30 AM. Of course, that meant I slept until 11:30 :o. Apparently, corporate 7am-6PM C.C. has left the building. So no points for getting up early. I'll try again tonight.

Today I go see a new therapist. I got rid of the old one. She scared me and I didn't like her. Hopefully this one will be a better fit. I don't know when I turned into this crazy girl, but I don't like her much and would like my old self back (but better!). I've got the weight loss thing under control, now I just have to work on the rest of me.

Anyway, take care everyone and have a good day!!

traci in training
08-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Good luck at your conference. Try having them mix your drinks in iced tea glasses with one shot and diet soda. It will slow you down. Trust me on this.

Made healthy stuffed peppers last night for supper that are just to absolutely die for if anyone wants the recipe. I mean I was about licking the darn plate! That doesn't happen too often for 350 calories!

royalsfan1
08-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Traci - I would LOVE the recipe. DH and I were talking about the fact that I had never made them just recently. I'd love to surprise him with them...especially if they're scrumptious!!! Thanks!

CC - so sorry you can't sleep. That must be really miserable. I know it isn't the same thing but I can remember when my son was a baby and had colic. 3:00 in the morning was the loneliest time in the world. I totally felt like I was the only person alive. I feel for you!

Rhonda - Those jeans are going to be GREAT motivators. Keep trying them on, regularly. At first it's discouraging but as you start to see changes - even when they don't fit yet - it's totally motivating! I try too small things on ALL THE TIME! I remember, clearly, when you were walking an hour a day on that treadmill! You can do it again and think how awesome it's going to feel!

Sunshine - LOVE that you work in musical theater!!! That's one of my favorite things! My youngest sis is EXTREMELY talented, vocally, and it looks like she'll be headed to the NY Met in the next year or so. I hate to admit it but I'm a little envious! :)

Everyone else - keep on keeping on!!!!!

mj5
08-29-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi everyone! I feel ok, not great, but ok. Thanks for asking!

Rhonda--I am very excited for you! I can't wait to hear about all the accessories you buy to go w/ your smaller jeans!

Nicole--I hate that time of year when fruit is just icky (and usually expensive!) I can't wait for apples to be at their peak around here--biting into a crunchy, juicy apple...mmmmm, can't wait!

Sunshine--Yea for "torrid affair boy"! Good luck at the conference!

CC--I hope you are able to get some sleep soon. Do you have a 'bedtime routine'...I know when I have a hard time falling asleep for a period of time, getting into a routine to help relax and unwind sometimes helps. I also learned a relaxation technique where you lie still in bed and mentally tell yourself to let your toes relax, then your ankles, etc and move up your body--it sounds silly, but when I do that I have never made it to my head. I hope your new therapist is a better fit!

Traci--I would also love the stuffed pepper recipe. I haven't made them in a long time.

Nothing tastes good today, so food choices have been good. Tomorrow I am going out to lunch w/ some friends so I want to plan ahead for that.

Have a great night!
mj ;)

Hope20
08-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Well I am off to san diego this labor day weekend with the family and I am alittle nervous about how I will do in the food department. I am not really nervous about the scale just a test of how I can handle this life change and not to say "I get a treat" I want to react to food as if it is "A source of energy" and that is it. So my goal is to do kickboxing 5 days the week before and after this weekend. So it is wednesday and I have done kickboxing on mon tues and wed and an extra workout on tues but I don't want to go tomorrow..urgg

So I am trying to build the habit that sometimes I am not going to want to go, but oh well and just get in the car and go. Getting there is 99 percent of the hardship. So this is my incheck goal. wish me luck girls.

hellokitty81668
08-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Good morning all.
Hope and Sunshine, good luck on your trips.
Everyone else I hope you are all doing ok.
I am being lazy this morning.I still haven't got dressed :(.
I did do my morning exercises, and threw on some pjs again. Lazy lazy lazy. I am going to get a shower after I post this.
Breakfast was Kashi go lean cereal, skim milk and some fresh strawberries
Lunch 2 smart dogs with whole wheat buns
dinner: eggs and veggies
snacks: blueberries, chocolate yogurt, kashi go lean bar.
I am doing this today. No matter how blue I feel.
cheryl

royalsfan1
08-30-2007, 01:08 PM
Today is another tough day for me. My hip is hurting so I am not going to exercise. I'd rather give up a day or two, now, than risk injury and put myself down for longer! However, it's making me REALLY think about what I'm eating. I never eat my exercise calories back but exercising STILL gives me a great feeling of well-being and healthiness. I'm missing that today! :(

Cheryl - sorry to hear you're feeling blue. Way to go on exercising anyway!
Hope - let us know how your weekend goes. You will probably enjoy it more than you're anticipating at this point. I hope so!
mj - let us know how your lunch out fared! Were you able to plan something you were happy with?

nicolen
08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Good morning/afternoon everyone :)

Yay, Friday. Although I do better with sticking to my routines during the week when I've got set break times at work than I do at the weekend when I tend to be a bit over the place.

Anyway, the birds are singng their wee hearts out and it looks like being a fine day which is a good thing.

Todays menu is:

B - porridge with skimmed milk and chopped dried apricots
S - popcorn and a kiwi fruit
L - pita with left over chicken, salad and tzatziki
S - kiwi fruit
D - probably sushi at this stage.

Hope you all have a good day!

CLCSC145
08-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Hello my friends!

Yesterday was a good today! I ate healthy foods in my calorie range, took a loooong walk, and got to bed early so I could get up earlier today. Yay! I got my hair cut/colored this afternoon (I go every 4 weeks) and my hairdresser was gushing with compliments on my progress. It was so nice to hear!!!

So far so good on food today. I'm trying to drink more water than usual because it's freaking hot here. 100* and humid. We don't get humid here much so even just a little bit makes me really crabby. The scale bounced down 2.8 yesterday, up 1.4 today. I really don't mind the fluctuations anymore - they used to ruin my whole day. Now I think, "Huh. Wonder what tomorrow will bring?" No big deal when I know I'm doing my best.

Hope you all have great day! Take good care of yourselves.

rakel
08-31-2007, 04:00 AM
I guess I am getting a little discouraged. I have been staying on plan as far as my calorie count and exercise ritual is planned, but my exercise is getting a little boring. If it wasn't so blasted hot I would go for a long walk, but I don't think I will start that up until the fall is fully upon us. This week my goal is to work on making BETTER food choices.

My weight seems to have come to a lull, but it could be the fact that I'm having a really heavy period right now (sorry if that is TMI!). I have always heard that women retain more water on their period, which lends to a seemingly "weight gain" of around 5lbs -- is that something you ladies can vouch for? I haven't been weighing myself daily long enough to really witness that, and my last period was really light and there was no difference that I could tell. It's just discouraging that every time I step on the scale it's about the same... it seems to fluctuate between 296 and 294. But I suppose I am just really impatient!

I'm going to try planning my meals a bit more. So this is what I'm planning for tomorrow:

Breakfast:
1 serving of yogurt
1 peach

Snack:
Zone Perfect snack size bar

Lunch:
1/2 Tuna Salad sandwich (made with light mayo & spices), lettuce, 1/2 slice of reduced fat swiss cheese
Sensible salad with romaine lettuce, carrots, onions, tomatoes, and 1 calorie per spray dressing

Snack: { not sure yet! }

Dinner: Tacos (lean ground beef OR turkey) w/6" soft shell tortilla, salad with guacamole (chopped avocados, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, garlic) & lime juice (as dressing).

Dessert: Fresh strawberries

I'm pretty new at this, so any feedback on this menu is appreciated. I just don't know if this sounds sensible or not... that was my goal! I'm not entirely sure how many calories the dinner will be, but I added up Breakfast - lunch and it came out to around 500-600, so that should leave plenty for dinner + some snacks.

... I'm probably going to be getting together with friends on Saturday, but I may see about making enchilada's (can you tell I like mexican food?), because not only are they super tasty, but the calories are not bad (300 a serving), and it would be much better than going out to a restaurant!

GirlyGirlSebas
08-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

We have out of state family coming in late tonight, so today is a hectic day of 8 hours on the job and probably another 4-5 hours to make sure the house is immaculate. This is the first time these family member's have seen the house, so I do want everything to be perfect.

I've been struggling a bit with staying on-plan. Part of the problem is that my Hubby is the cook in our family and my diet partner...but, he's not been staying on-plan which means he's not been cooking good meals. Looks like I need to start doing some cooking. Yuck! I really hate to cook, but I have no choice. I have to get this weight off! Yesterday, I saw pictures of myself taken in May..when I was only 6 pounds heavier than now. Wow! There is nothing quite like a picture to wake me up!

Hope - enjoy your trip! I find that planning ahead is 1/2 the battle.
Tricia - How's the hip today?
Cheryl - How are you feeling today?
Nicolen - Are you having a great on-plan weekend? You can do this!
CC - Did you get some good rest again last night? I really need to work on that, too.
Rakel - I'm on Southbeach, so any advice I give you on your menu will come from that perspective. What plan are you following?...calorie counting, eating healthier,etc?

royalsfan1
08-31-2007, 10:43 AM
Good morning, ladies!

Well, it's Friday and the beginning of a holiday weekend. I hope everyone is ready to be STRONG. I know I'm trying to gear up for it. It all begins tonight with a birthday party for a friend's son. I think I'll be ok, there, because everyone knows I'm watching it and they're finally used to me saying "no thanks". Then, late tonight, my parents are going to be here. I've planned some good food for their visit and still am keeping it on plan. Tomorrow night we're grilling burgers and we're having grilled corn and baked beans with them. Sunday after church we're grilling pizza. I can make a pretty darn low-cal 8-inch personal pizza. YUM! Lunch tomorrow is out...but I'll stick with grilled fish or salad and I'll be fine. I think I've got everything covered!

Rhonda - my hip is still sore but better. I can walk, now, but I'm still limping. I hate it! Thanks for asking, though. I hope you have a good time with your visitors. I LOVE having company! And, showing a new house...what fun! :D I don't know what to say about the cooking thing because I love to cook. That's a REALLY hard one! Is DH also your grocery shopper for the things he cooks or do you handle the shopping? That was the only thing that popped into my head where you might control the meals a little....

Rakel - don't let discouragement turn into fatalism. You can do this...however, it's tough! Be prepared! Yes, the scale constantly fluctuates and sometimes it is in very big amounts. If the fluctuations bug you too much you may need to be someone who only weighs weekly...or even monthly. I weigh everyday and I put it down on a computer graph. So, even through the fluctuations I can see the general trend downward. Take heart, if you're on plan the weight will go, even if it goes slowly.

CC - hope today is as good for you as yesterday was!

Nicolen - here's to a strong weekend for you! I know they are tough...routines are my lifesaver!!! :)

I hope everyone has a lovely day!

hellokitty81668
08-31-2007, 12:03 PM
Good morning all,
Rhonda I know you can get on plan!! Tricia the grilled Pizza sounds yummy!!

I am doing ok. I exercised this morning( elliptical, general exercises), and am planning on lifting weights this afternoon), I also walked for 30 minutes( took the bus to the bank and walked back :carrot:), I am hopeing t to get to a park this weekend, or two and do some walking.
Breakfast was Kashi go lean crunch,skim milk, and 2 oz blueberries
Lunch will be smart dogs with light whole wheat bread.
Dinner I am making a vegetarian chilli
Snacks I have some oranges, and Tlc bars.
I hope everyone has a great day.
cheryl

rakel
08-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks guys! You are encouraging! I have noticed that it is a downward fluctuation. At least I am not fluctuating back up to the 300's! For awhile I was fluctuating up to 298, but now it doesn't fluctuate past 296, and I've been a pretty consistent 295 for the past 2 days. As for my diet plan, I am just trying to eat healthier and stay under 1500 calories a day. I guess you could call it a "balanced" diet? I do eat meat and dairy products. I was eating those lean cuisine dinners a lot but my fiance thinks I should lay off them for awhile because they have a lot of sodium and that may also be causing me to retain water. So I'm going to try and not be lazy :P

nicolen
08-31-2007, 03:21 PM
Hello lovely people! :D

Saturday's here and I'm watching the sun come up through the window. It's going to be another gorgeous day here - spring has finally arrived. I noticed last night that my daffodils are starting to flower and my garden's going to look stunning in a few days time. I just love daffs!

Rakel, are you sure you're eating enough? That doesn't seem like much in the way of volume of food to me, even if the calories are where you want them to be. In saying that, the scale does fluctuate a lot. I'm up half a pound this morning to where I was yesterday and the only reason I can think of is that I did drink a lot of water yesterday.

Rhonda, hope you have the time to enjoy your visitors. I know what it's like spending hours trying to get the house straight for them.

Tricia, I'd love the recipe for the pizza if you don't mind sharing it. I love pizza, but it's had to go on the "never allow in the house" list for now.

I'm going to be strong this weekend - just finished my usual breakfast of porridge, dried apricots and skimmed milk.

The menu looks like:

B - as above
S - fruit of some kind. Will know more once I've been to the supermarket.
L - roasted pepper and tomato soup from the freezer with pita bread.
S - popcorn
D - stir fry.

I'm meeting a friend at 9 for a walk around the wetlands - it's a 2 mile long loop track which is just lovely to do, although it's going to be a bit muddy after the rain on Thursday.

I've also got some friends coming over tonight for drinks/nibbles and to watch a rugby game - hey, it's a religion around here ;). Anyway, I'm going to make some pita crisps and hummus and salsa this afternoon - assuming I can find some decent tomatoes - and do some vegie sticks as well. Should be fun.

Have a good day, everyone :hug:

CLCSC145
08-31-2007, 05:11 PM
Hi all!

Oh, Nicole, I long for Spring! In fact, I'd take Winter too. It's H-O-T here.

Confessions first. I didn't walk yesterday, but TOM (or more like TOYear as I am about as irregular as you can get) hit. Geez. It would be nice to be normal in that department someday.

I ate a little too much by the end of the day yesterday and was craving salt (and ate it) so I think all of the above would explain the scale horror this morning. Oh well, better luck today. I hope to walk, but I'll have to play that by ear. I CAN cut back on the salt today, though, and stick to my calories!

I hope everyone has a lovely long weekend. I can't believe we've reached September already. This year has flown by. All the more reason to buckle down and see what we can all accomplish by year end! Take care!!

rakel
08-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Nicolen -- my fiance did some research and came up with that number based on my Metabolic resting rate or whatever. Do you know of any sources that say how many calories you should eat? Because it could be wrong, I don't know, but when we calculated it out, if I ate around 2000 calories a day I would maintain my current weight/loose a very little bit of weight over an extended period of time. Before I would guess I was eating about 2200 to 2300 a day (not sure though, I wasn't counting) which lead to a 30lb weight gain over a year and a half or so. 1,500 calories doesn't really bother me, I am not super hungry all the time or anything.

BattleAx
08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Rakel, there is no way that an accurate calculator would tell you that you need 2000 calories a day to maintain a 300 lb. weight or have a slight loss. But don't believe me, go to a good online calculator. I tried the one at thedailyplate. You need to start higher, and reduce your calories slowly over time as you get closer to your goal weight.

rakel
08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Battleax: I'll check it out! And I'm sorry I don't know more about this, I just let John crunch the numbers. I could have given you some totally inaccurate information, I just don't really know. Thanks for the link though!

CLCSC145
08-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Hey Rakel!

It's funny, the two topics that generate the most opinions on 3FC (in my opinion!:D) are the value of calorie calculators and whether diet soda is the devil :devil:. Here's my opinion for what it's worth: I think those calculators generalize, so they are going to work for some people, but there will be people for whom the calorie amount it spits out is too high or too low. I like to play with them just to see what they say, but I've learned through trial and error what works for me. Who knows what makes me different, maybe it's because I have the muscle tone of a ragdoll, but many calorie calculators give me a number that would make me gain weight.

I think you picked a really great starting point for calories. And it's kind of fun (and, I'll admit, sometimes frustrating) to tinker around from month to month to find the right range for you. And that range will likely change over time as you lose more and more. It's like science lab and you're the rat! :D If you find you aren't losing after a few weeks, you might consider changing something up, whether it's more or less calories, upping your exercise, or changing what type of exercise you're doing.

You are doing GREAT so far! Stay the course and you will be successful!

Oh, and for the record, I'm pro-diet soda... ;)

royalsfan1
09-01-2007, 12:10 AM
One more thought on the calorie calculations....is it possible he was calculating basal metabolic rate rather than calorie intake requirements? Those 2 are VERY different things. You basal metabolic is what your metabolism burns in a day just doing your basic bodily functions (breathing, heart beating, etc...) Your caloric requirements are the calories required to maintain, lose, gain, etc... I know that for me to maintain 188 pounds I can eat over 2000 calories...so even without going to a calculator I'm going to have to put out there that I think his calculation went awry at some point along the way! :) There are TONS of online calculators out there. I tried a bunch and they were all VERY similar so I feel pretty confident in my numbers...that along with the fact that it's working! :)

Let us know what you find out!

nicolen
09-01-2007, 04:04 PM
Good morning ladies! :D

So, where is everyone this morning? It's not normal for me to be the first person posting on this thread?

Rakel, I was concerned about the amount of food you're eating - 1 serving of yoghurt and 1 bit of fruit don't seem like a big breakfast to me. The morning is when I tend to eat most food - although I may put down an afternoon snack on my menu, usually by the time I get my afternoon break, I've eaten it. Not that it matters. I'm not hungry or anything at that time. We also eat with our eyes and should be eating something like 3 - 4 lbs in volume (not calories, but total volume of food). It sounds like a heck of a lot, but if we make good food choices it's not to hard to stick to. In saying that, we're all different, and it's about finding what works best for you. Don't be afraid to have a play with your plan! :)

Last night was fun - had 3 friends over and we watched the rugby - and we won! :carrot: :carrot: It wasn't a fantastic game, but such is life. Eating wise, I was a little all over the place - I had prepared healthy food, but someone bought a back of potato chips which I can't resist. I only had a smallish handful, so while it's not ideal, I didn't completely bomb it...

Not such a nice day here today - showers expected all day, but then again it's spring. I've got do do my housework today - house looks like an absolute dump! - and start preparing for work. I've got the first load of washing on and another 2 to follow after that, oh joy. At least my place is fairly small, so I should be finished in a couple of hours. I hate housework, but I love being able to look around when it's finished and everything's clean...

The menu today is:

B - porridge, skimmed milk, dried apricots
S - popcorn, kiwifruit
L - leftovers from last night's dinner
S - vegie sticks and hummus
D - chicken cooked in crockpot, broccoli, cauliflower,

Oh well, better make a start. Talk to you all later! Have a fantastic day!

:hug:

CLCSC145
09-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi!

I'm getting a slow start to the day here. I didn't fall asleep until almost 6 AM, then got up this morning at 10:30. Needless to say I'm dragging a bit today! Yesterday I was on track foodwise, but did not exercise. Story of my life, right? It's just been so darn hot. Not a great excuse, but it felt valid at the time. :( So I was 1 for 3 yesterday on the goal front. Argh. Better luck today!

Have a great day everyone!

mj5
09-01-2007, 06:44 PM
Hi everyone! Yesterday we went to our state fair. I walked SO much!!! Seriously, we walked for about 5 hours! That's the good news, the bad news is food choices weren't great. They weren't terrible, but could have done better. I have done really well today, so back on track. No exercise for today, though.

Tomorrow we are going to visit my sister. We may go out for dinner.....not sure yet. I know my sister is trying to eat healthy (she is doing nutrisystem--but, she has weekends 'off' well, not really off....she eats her own food), so that should help. We are going to go shopping, I am hoping to find some cute, inexpensive jewelry.

Hope everyone is doing well!
MJ ;)

nicolen
09-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Good morning everyone!

MJ, I hope you had a wonderful time shopping and enjoyed your dinner with your sister. What did you buy? Anything lovely out there...

CC, hope you had a great day yesterday. I know I find it just about impossible to stick on program if I haven't slept very well the night before.

Well, it's Monday again already. How did that happen? I swear, the weekends go so fast - or maybe I'm getting old. I don't know :shrug:. So, it's back to work and gym after work. I need to get myself back in the rhythm of going to the gym 4 days a week. I can't say I enjoy it, but I enjoy the feeling I get when I'm walking out the gym and I've actually accomplished something.

I'm thinking I might switch to morning workouts and see if that helps my motivation. I'm on late starts next week - 8:30 - 5 instead of my usual 7:30 - 4 - so I'll definitely go for morning workouts then, else I'm not going to be home till after 7pm. I'll see how that goes and decide after next week...

So the menu today looks like:

B - porridge, skimmed milk, 3 dried apricots
S - popcorn, kiwifruit
L - pita bread, tzatziki, salad, leftover chicken
S - kiwifruit
D - leftovers from last night.

Have a great day, everyone, and enjoy your long weekend!

rakel
09-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, here's the thing, I went to the site battleax showed me and it calculated:

1878 calories to lose 4lbs a week, moderate activity level
2378 calories to lose 3lbs a week, moderate activity level
2878 calories to lose 2lbs a week, moderate activity level

I have been eating usually around 1,500 to 1,600 and losing about 3.6lbs a week, so I really don't see how those numbers are accurate. I think we have to consider here that each of our bodies are different, and that crunching numbers may help guide us to what we should do, they should not be the sole factor in deciding. Personally I could not see eating 2,878 calories a day, it seems like quite a bit. Sometimes after eating 1,600 calories a day, I feel really full and wake up the next day miserable. Yesterday I think I went over my limit because we went minigolfing out with friends and stopped at steak n shake afterwards. I got a fruit n yogurt milkshake (black cherry and chocolate chips, I could not resist!), and after I ate it I immediately regretted it... I started to get a tummy ache. It could be though, that I am just sensitive to dairy products -- which I am, but I love ice cream so much.

Also, I usually eat my breakfast and lunch pretty close to each other because a small breakfast usually does not satisfy me for very long. My schedule is all messed up as usual so there is no regular time that I eat, though I am working on that because I know while I am losing now, it will help once I reach my first plateau to be on a schedule so I'm eating by a certain time and not eating after a certain time in the evening. I also try to have small snacks between meals so I don't get super hungry.

I lost another pound on the scale today, so I'm feeling a bit more encouraged about this than my last post. I hope I'll be down to the 280s next week!

CLCSC145
09-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Good morning!

Boy, nothing gets me out of bed faster on a Sunday morning than an earthquake. ;) As cool a cucumber as I try to be about them living in southern CA my whole life, they still get the adrenaline going like nothing I've experienced! This one was a 4.7 a few miles away.

So now that I'm up... Yesterday was good for me as far as food is concerned, but no exercise. I want to get back to walking, but it's just been so hot even at night. Still not sleeping well. But I got up earlier today than I normally would have. ha ha.

Sorry you've gotten to Monday again, Nicole! The weekends do move too fast, don't they?

MJ, I think so long as you steered clear of deep fried Twinkies, you probably did as well as expected at the fair!

Take care everyone and hope you have a great day!

nicolen
09-02-2007, 03:27 PM
CC, I hate earthquakes - we get them here as well, although thankfully we haven't had a big one for quite some time. Which according to all the experts, means we're overdue. Wonderful.

Rakel, I tend to take anything those sites tell me with a grain of salt. I use The Daily Plate, and looking at it this morning, it's telling me that I can average 2303 calories and lose a pound a week. I don't believe that one for a second! I'm trying for 1800 calories average for the next couple of weeks and will see what that results in before I start playing further with my calorie intake...

hellokitty81668
09-02-2007, 08:44 PM
Hi all, I hope you all had a great weekend!!
Yesterday I did my elliptical trainer, and walked a little bit in a small garden area( 30-40 minutes), I ate ok, but went over by 300 calories( got the munchies last night), Today was better. I found a park that has miles and miles of walking/biking trails, we walked maybe 2-3 miles today ( 2 hrs), saw deer, fox and hedhog? , I am going back next weekend, and see if they rent bikes( they are supposed to , but I didn't see any bikes for rent), I also stayed on plan for food, so I am doing better. Tomorrow I am going to exercise, it feels like tomorrow is sunday and I don't have to do anything, I almost forgot it was Monday. We will be cooking out, and I hope going someplace to explore. cheryl

royalsfan1
09-02-2007, 11:54 PM
nicolen - I forgot you mentioned wanting the grilled pizza recipe. Sorry! It's SO simple! I buy refrigerated dough OR make my own. I divide it into servings by the packaging...so that I don't have more than my 1 serving! So we make individual pizzas. Then, everything else is just whatever sounds good. Today I topped it with sauce (30 cals), fresh mozzarella slices (120 cals), fresh basil leaves (3 cals), marinated artichokes (25 cals), mushrooms (10 cals), and fresh tomato (20 cals). My dough was 150 cals. The grilling part is so simple. You roll out your dough and then put it directly on a HOT grill. It will NOT stick...don't worry...as soon as it's cooked and ready on one side, that side will release from the grill. Probably 5 minutes. Then I take it off the grill...and I put the toppings on the side that is already cooked. Then put it back on the grill to cook the bottom of the crust and to melt the toppings together. Let me know if this makes absolutely NO sense and I'll try and clarify... I think I made it sound a lot harder or more confusing than it really is. If you add up all my calories I had a whole pizza (personal size...probably 9 inch round) for about 350 calories and it was FABULOUS! :)

rakel
09-03-2007, 01:37 AM
Royalsfan -- wow that sounds really yummy!!! I wish I had a grill. We actually bought one but had to sell it because our apartment complex won't allow grills. Apparently they are a fire hazard and their insurance company won't let the tenants have them. I know that sounds totally ridiculous and stupid, and well, it is.

lol.

GirlyGirlSebas
09-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi Everyone! Did anyone notice that I dated this thread for two weeks? I never realized until this morning.:D I feel like its been forever since I posted on 3FC. We had family from Florida here for the weekend and its been pretty hectic. The good news is that we had a blast....the bad news is that I went totally off-plan. The scales arent showing a gain...yet. I've actually stayed the same for the second week in a row. They are planning on coming back for a visit at Thanksgiving. I wonder how much weight I can lose before then? Plus, I have the trip to Disneyworld in November with my daughter's chorus, my new incentive jeans and my goal to lose 50 pound by the end of the year. I have a lot of goals.....and now, I can add one more. The results of my bone density test came back. Apparently, my bones are not as dense as they should be for a 43 year old woman. The answer.....I can go on medicine, or I can begin weight bearing exercise (walking on the treadmill!) and strength training(resistance bands!) Maybe this will be the incentive I need to get off my butt and get moving!

Hope everyone is having a great on-plan day.

nicolen
09-03-2007, 02:49 PM
Good morning, everyone!

Tricia, thanks so much for the recipe. I might try that at the weekend - won't have time before then.

Rhonda, sounds like you had a lot of fun over the weekend.

Go Kitty with the exercise. You're doing brilliantly!

I got on the scales this morning and nearly died - I'm up 2 lbs. I can only think it's because of the completely indulgent weekend I had the weekend before last because I've been on plan all week since then. Oh, well - it came on, so I can take it off. I need to change my ticker and stop trying to fool myself, though.

Talk about dramas at work yesterday. Here there are public holidays that the whole country gets off and every province has their own regional public holiday. Ours is coming up in mid-November and yesterday management announced that we'd be working it. Our call centre have always worked it, but back office staff haven't had to before now. They've completely mishandled the announcement and it's caused a lot of resentment. If they'd come out and said something like "hey, we want you to work Show Day - who wants to volunteer" they probably would have got the numbers they need, since our contract means we get paid double time and get a day in lieu if we work a public holiday. I haven't decided whether I'm going to work it or not - the money would be good that close to Christmas, but so would the day off...

So the menu for the day is:

B - porridge, skimmed milk, apricots
S - popcorn, kiwifruit
L - chicken wrap
S - kiwifruit
D - to be decided.

Have a great day, everyone!

hellokitty81668
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi Everyone,
Rhonda, We all go off plan, I know you will loose the 50 lbs soon.
I hope everyone else had a great day, Thanks Tricia for the recipe.
I did my morning exercises ( 60 minutes), and just got back from a 2 hr hike.
I have discovered a great trail system( hiking, biking) 30 minutes from my house, so every weekend I will get hiking ( weather permitting) to get my body moving.I say we should all get together and have a 3fc reunion here( we can all go hiking :) ,) just an idea.
So far so good for food, Hubby is making a BBQ, but it will be meat, so I will be having salad, with roasted beets and tuna. I can do this!!
cheryl

rakel
09-03-2007, 04:08 PM
Yesterday I'm pretty sure I went off plan. I didn't total up the calories, but I know I didn't go totally nuts. My guess is that I had around 2,000. No weight gain, so I'm happy about that. There's not much food I can eat in the house (or anybody really), but we do have a huge head of romaine lettuce and some veggies, canned soup, and if all else fails, I do have some lean cuisine dinners left but as I said before I'm trying to wean myself off them because of the sodium.

Nicolen- I hear you about changing your ticker. I went up 2 lbs for a week and didn't change it... just the thought of changing it for a half pound here and there would have driven me crazy. It just took a week to get back on track.

CLCSC145
09-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Hi all,

Hope Labor Day is treating you all well. We are on our 5th straight day over 100* - and I am mighty cranky. I'm ready for summer to be over, but September and October are generally our hottest months, so autumn (from a thermometer perspective) is a long way off. Whew.

Yesterday I stayed on track for food and I walked, but it was so hot even at 9:30 at night that I walked slowly. Sleep is still a problem. Perhaps that is adding to my crankiness! I was going to go to my parent's house for dinner, but with the heat (111* at their house yesterday) and the holiday traffic and the fact that I'm exhausted, I decided to stay home.

Alright, enough whining from me! Take care everyone!

royalsfan1
09-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow, I've had a GREAT day! I hope everyone else had such a good time! My kids were over with their dad so DH and I got up this morning and decided to go shopping! We left home around 8:30 this morning and got home at about 6:30 tonight. I walked the ENTIRE time and feel just great for it! No sitting and resting breaks today! My favorite purchase: an entire 15 pc set of All-Clad cookware. It's WONDERFUL! I feel like a chef or something! :) (I just LOVE Williams-Sonoma!) But more than my new cookware, I just enjoyed being out with my DH enjoying each other. It was just a super day!

PS - Even stayed on plan! :)

Hope20
09-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Well had a 3 day mini vacate to san diego with family and the first day I was an :angel: water water water and all that walking at sea world it was so humid too. Any how on day 2 and 3 I was a :devil: drank tons of soda and ate like crazy. So I now need to get back to eating right. It feels good to be able to say that I went off track and to start again. Kind of like confessing my diet sins..lol..Any way this week I will work out 5 days and I will do yoga in the morning and some core workouts 3 times this week also strength training. I will also eat more veggies and try and improve my eating plan with better food.

Good luck girls

GirlyGirlSebas
09-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Hi Everyone.

Today, I'm back to my normal work day routine. Thank God! Weekends, especially long holiday ones, are my roughest times for staying on-plan. I'm so glad to be back to a schedule. My goal today is to do 60 minutes on the treadmill. I'm committing to doing this everyday whether I'm on-plan with eating or not. This is quite a switch for me as my mind seems to think I need to be 100% on-plan to step onto the treadmill. Maybe switching things up a notch or two will help me with my motivation.

mj5
09-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I am re-committing to eating healthy and working out regularly. I know I have said this before (haven't we all), but right now I feel 'different'....not sure how to put it into words, but even though I am tired right now (up too late last night and then up much too early today!), I am excited about making healthy food choices and working out. I have my new sneakers and my new mp3 player....I am all set! I don't know, maybe it's something about September and around here school starts tomorrow, so fresh start? I don't know. What I do know is I CAN do this--we all can! I am very thankful that I have found this wonderful group of supportive people!

I'll probably be around later!

Have a great, on-plan day!

MJ ;)

hellokitty81668
09-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Good day everyone!!
I am doing ok, tomorrow is my wiegh in day and I am hoping to change my avatar.
I did 40 minutes on the elliptical and 14 minutes of general exerdcises, and am hopeing to do my weight lifting tonight.
I am not going off my food plan !!!! I am getting hungry now, but will wait 45 minutes for lunch.
I can do this!!
cheryl

Slashnl
09-04-2007, 12:54 PM
Well, I lost a pound, so I'm happy. I know it isn't much, but with the past few months of going up and then not moving at all, I was glad to see a loss. I stayed on plan over the weekend, so that was good. Well, I guess my exercise wasn't "planned", but I did get a lot of activity in.

Just keep working on this a day at a time. That's all I can do!

nicolen
09-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Morning everyone!

Diane, a pound off is still a loss, so well done!

Good luck with the weigh in, Cheryl!

MJ, I'm a firm believer that you need to be in the right space mentally to lose weight - you can want to, but unless you're in that right headspace, you tend to just flounder. Much like I'm doing at the moment...

Go, Rhonda, with the exercise!

Well, I didn't make it to the gym last night, and I'm not going to get there tonight either. Winter's decided to have one last hurrah as it were, and I didn't want to be caught on the wrong side of town if it snowed and they pulled the buses off the road. This is the only time I can say I've missed not being able to drive since my doctor forbade me to drive back in April. Anyway, it did snow, but the snow didn't settle, so that's good.

I'm thinking about applying for another job. On the plus side, it's more money - a lot more money - and it would be very challenging. On the minus side, it's shift work - 24/7 shifts, so there'd be nights in there as well, and it's back to call centre work, which I swore I'd never do. It's an opportunity that doesn't come up very often, and the application process is quite rigorous, so there's no guarantee I'd even get through the interviews. I'll have a think about it, and decide over the weekend.

So today's menu looks like:

B - porridge, skimmed milk, dried apricots
S - popcorn, fruit
L - pita bread, salad, leftover lamb
S - fruit
D - sushi, miso

Have a fantastic day everyone! :hug:

rakel
09-04-2007, 03:21 PM
I had a wonderful day for on-planness yesterday -- salad & lots of veggies, pork chops, even a few sugar free sweets without a lot of badness, I exercised (363 calories burned) and lifted some weights for 15 minutes and today I stepped on the scale and another pound is gone forever!

:carrot:

CLCSC145
09-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Hi all!

Stayed on track for food, but not exercise. It's supposed to be 8-11 degrees cooler today (but it's still well over 90), so maybe that will get me back outside. I took my over the counter sleeping pills and got to bed at a reasonable hour and got up earlyish too. Yay!

Not much more to report, but I'm glad to see you all back! It gets lonely around here on the weekends...

mj5
09-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Hi again! I am SO tired right now, BUT I am still going to the gym--plan is legs and back w/ weights and cardio. I have done fantastic (so far) w/ food choices and have a healthy dinner planned.

Cheryl--great job!!! I hope you get to change your avatar tomorrow!

Diane--YEA! A pound is GREAT! Congrats!

Nicole--I totally agree! I have been floundering for SO long! I need to take advantage of it NOW! Good luck w/ the job decision. Before you know it, I'll be done complaining about the heat and will switch to complaining about the snow! (I'm never happy!)

Rakel--YEA!! Great job!

CC--Yea for sleep! I cannot make myself exercise when it is too hot, hang in there--you'll be back at it soon!

Almost time to go home, thank goodness!
Have a great night!
MJ ;)

royalsfan1
09-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Good afternoon,

Glad to see this thread is kind of hopping again. Everyone seems to be in the right frame of mind and I think that is GREAT!

nicolen- job changes can be stressful but also VERY exciting! :) Let us know what you decide.

Rhonda - did you treadmill today?

CC - glad you got some rest.

Diane - congrats on the pound lost! That's great!

Cheryl, Rakel, Hope and mj - keep on Keepin on! You all make me smile! :D

I've been on plan all day. However, my hip is STILL hurting so I can't do my normal as far as exercise is concerned. I will try and do 45 minutes on my elliptical, tonight. I was able to do it last night but I've been limping all day long. I HATE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great evening, everyone! :hug:

LaurieDawn
09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Good afternoon,
I've been on plan all day. However, my hip is STILL hurting so I can't do my normal as far as exercise is concerned. I will try and do 45 minutes on my elliptical, tonight. I was able to do it last night but I've been limping all day long. I HATE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tricia - Just wondering - maybe swimming or some other form of aquatic exercise? I know that when I get aches and pains (though I've not had anything as serious as your hip seems to be), I always seem to be able to get a fairly good workout in the pool...

royalsfan1
09-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Hey Laurie! Thanks for your input. I was planning on going to my water aerobics class tomorrow and trying to swim a few laps in addition to the class. I was doing that last week and was ok but I haven't narrowed down what hurt me in the first place. As crazy as it might seem...water aerobics was something I was doing that day...and I was working SUPER hard at it! So, I'm going to go...and I'm going to take it a little easy. I'll let you know how it goes! :D

Thanks!

CLCSC145
09-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Sorry about your hip, Tricia! It's so true that you never know how much you use a particular area of your body until you hurt it. :(

hellokitty81668
09-05-2007, 08:17 AM
Good morning everyone.
I am doing ok, I am going to exercise soon, last night I was pulling up a tomato plant, and my back was hurting,but it is doing better, later on I am going to finish up, right now I have a mess outside.
I feel good I am going to stay on plan and do this today, there is no choice.
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

Okay, I'm being honest here....I am struggling to stay committed and focused and I'm just not getting there. I've been using food to cope with stress. Last week, in addition to finding out that my bones arent doing well, I received a call from the hospital that the radiologist "identified a finding on your mammogram that may require further evaluation" and they need a copy of my prior mammogram for comparison. My prior mammogram was taken 3 years ago in Florida and that mammogram center requires a $10.00 check be mailed to them before they will send a copy of my mammogram to the new facility. I have so many questions....regarding the three years that I waited to get another one and the benefit of maybe taking some additional views now. However, I havent been able to talk with the person at the new facility because she was out of town for the holiday and will not return until today. I'm so nervous. And, I havent even gotten the results of my thyroid scan that was taken at the same time. I have goiters and they have to monitor them to make sure they don't start growing rapidly. So far, I havent had to start taking thyroid medication, but my doctor's have said that its only a matter of time.
Added to this....my Mom-in-law, who lives with us, is bi-polar. Every once in a while, she goes through a two to three week period when her medications don't work right and she gets belligerent and paranoid. Well, she is now in the middle of one of these periods. Yikes!
Sometimes, life gets tough. I've managed to maintain my current weight loss, but I havent been able to focus on staying on-plan. I'm not giving up. I'm praying that all of this will pass soon. If you are a praying person, add me to your prayers?

hellokitty81668
09-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Rhonda,
:hug: I am sorry things are so hard right now. You are in my thoughts, and I am hoping things get better. I believe in you and I know you will get over this.
:hug: Cheryl

Slashnl
09-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Oh Rhonda, I'm so sorry to hear about all of your issues. You were doing so well, you actually inspired me to get over myself a little and get back to doing the right things. But, you know, it is so freaking hard to keep on track consistently. I am a praying woman and you are in my prayers. We'll put it in God's hands... step back... and watch His powerful hand take control!

Here's a thought that I have had regarding some of these aches and pains and life struggles that happen as we try to make good progress in our weight loss journey. I really think that when things are going good, satan makes an appearance in our lives to try to get us back off course, back into old habits that make us unhappy. I noticed this a lot when I first started with really good exercising, healthy eating, and other good habits. I can't remember what the first little injury was, but the second one I had was that I pulled a ligament in my pelvis. Yes, in my pelvis! I remember thinking how in the world can you pull a ligament in your pelvis? It took me out for a couple of weeks and I was very close to just quitting. Lately, I've been back to exercising and eating right and I've noticed that my hips and back are aching at night. It could be because of my being over 40, but I think it is something to try to take me back out of my groove.

We need to fight through these times. I know that you already know that, but we all need encouragement to get through the tough times. I am confident that you will make it through. Your issues are more than just losing weight now, but keep in mind how good you feel when you stay on plan with your food choices and exercise.

Anyway... I'm thinking about you! You're a great buddy on these forums and we're all here for you!

mj5
09-05-2007, 01:49 PM
Rhonda--Oh my goodness, so much thrown at you at once! Take a deep breath and know that you are strong enough to get through this. You are absolutely in my prayers! Maybe the 'old place' can take a check over the phone or charge to a credit card--just to speed things up. Something you said struck me...that this 'may' need to be looked at further--it's just as possible that it 'may' not be and that everything is fine. You can get through this and we are here for you! Many of the residents I work w/ are bi-polar and I know how rough those manic phases can be (if that's what she is experiencing). Maybe she needs a med adjustment? Or a prn med to take the edge off? Not that I think meds are always the answer, of course--just a thought. Big hugs to you!!!!!

mj ;)

nicolen
09-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Oh, Rhonda! :hug: You're having a rough time at the moment.

I found a lump in my breast in January last year, and my doctor told me at the time that 90% of all lumps, bumps and other unexplained things are NOT cancerous. That's a good number, right? Anyway, sending positive vibes and happy thoughts your way! :hug:

So, how are we all this morning. I'm OK - cold start here, which means a fine day, so that's good. We ended up having a fire drill at work yesterday and the words "unmitigated disaster" describe it best. We have 2 buildings in our complex, and the fire alarms went off in one building, but not the other. Twenty minutes later they went off in the other building... We've made the comment to management that it seems as if they're condemning 250 of us to die a most horrible death. Management are looking into things. It's funny, but if there's ever a real fire, it could be interesting.

Here's to a good day for all of us. Have fun, ladies!

CLCSC145
09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
I'm so sorry you're having a bad time, Rhonda! I don't know why life's trials have to come in clusters, but that always seems to be the way of it. :hug: I think during times like this it's great to just hold on. That you're maintaining is awesome. Hang in there and if we can help you in anyway, let us know!

I've been staying on track with food, but not with exercise. This is something that I worry about. I read that people who are most successful with keeping weight off exercise at least an hour a day. I can't think of anything I want to do less. Will that ever change? How can I force the change? Ugh.

On the sleep front, I got to bed at a reasonable hour but slept way too late. My doctor gave me a prescription for mild sleeping pills. I'll be giving those a try and see if I can fix this!

Anyway, I'm off - got lots to do to get ready for a visit from a friend tomorrow! Take care everyone,

math puppy
09-05-2007, 05:15 PM
i just found this thread and would love to join to support/ get support! :)

im having an okay day, i have been finding it really difficult to stay on plan as usual, with exercis and food... water is okay. people poke fun at me for carring a gallon jug of water around with me at work, but i just poke fun right back! i am very hydrated!

i am currently at my volunteer job and sombody who came in to use the computer gave me a bag of m&ms for the desk im at... i though "oh how nice" and put them in a bowl... then i kept eating them!
so i just put it behind the computer screen where i wouldnt see it, havent even thought about it till now! kinda nice :carrot:

hope my evening goes okay, as far as not over eating. fingers crossed!

math puppy
09-05-2007, 05:19 PM
rhonda...
im sorry you are going through so much at once. i will keep you in my thoughts.

hellokitty81668
09-06-2007, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone:hug:
Math Puppy glad you found us!!!
Rhonda: How are you today? I am thinking of you today.
I am working hard today to stay on plan, I have a cold for the past 3 days, so exercise is a struggle, but I don't want to give up. My kitchen is pretty empty so I don't see me going off plan today( I am going shopping tomorrow, so tomorrow is another story ;) ),
cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
09-06-2007, 09:18 AM
Good morning, Everyone! Math Puppy, welcome to the thread.

Big thanks to each of you for you kind words yesterday. I was finally able to talk with the lady in the mammogram department. She said the radiologist found a 1/2 centimeter area with delineated edges on my mammogram.....apparently, delineated edges is a good thing as this indicates a cyst as opposed to a cancerous mass. They are contacting the previous facility to have the films faxed to them so they can verify if this was on the previous mammogram and if its changed any. This is somewhat good news...at least, I'm taking it that way.:) Mom-in-law is still a bit off her rocker. Theres nothing much we can do there other than to try to keep her calm and don't try to talk with her. MJ, we've tried just about every medication on the market. Unfortunately, none of the medications work 100% all of the time. One day, hopefully, science will find some answers to these things...until then, we just have to cope the best we can.

Today, my goal is to start going to bed earlier. I am such a night owl and I really love staying up late. But, I've noticed that I've been struggling with staying on-plan since the girls went back to school on Aug 6th. I think this is because I now have to get up early in the morning to get them off to school and I'm no longer getting 7-8 hours of sleep. This makes me head to the kitchen seeking starchy carbs to keep myself going throughout my work day. Tonight, my plan is to be in bed by 10:30.

royalsfan1
09-06-2007, 11:09 AM
Rhonda - Sorry about all your struggles lately! Mom-in-laws can be tough under the BEST circumstances. Throw in a bi-polar roommate and that spells interesting, to say the least! :) You are still sounding so resolved and determined. That speaks VOLUMES to me! You're a strong woman and you're taking control of those things that you CAN control. I think that's wonderful.

Mathpuppy - Glad you're here. It's a great thread.

Cheryl - make sure you aren't hungry when you're off to restock your cupboards! :D

CC - good luck with the sleeping issues - I'm sorry they're still hanging around!

As for me - my hip is feeling a LOT better today. I have no idea why. I'm not going to push it, however, and so I will avoid over-using it. I want to continue getting better rather than taking advantage of the first day I'm showing improvement.

I don't have all my food planned out for the day and that COULD be bad. However, I know, pretty much, what I've got around here and how it could fit into my day so I'm not that worried. I think I'll be fine.

I'm headed out of town for a "girl trip". That means lots of restaurants....it's going to take effort and thoughtful planning but I think I can manage my plan. I've GOT to. That's what life is all about...sticking to things not only when they're simple but when things get a little complicated. I just have to keep myself in the losing frame of mind and not allow myself to think that "a little break just this time" is going to cut it.

Have a great day, everyone! :D

Slashnl
09-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Hey all, glad to hear that everyone is on the mend today. Welcome to Mathpuppy!

I was not so good yesterday. I passed up on walking at lunch to go out with a friend. My food choices weren't all that good, but back at it today. I'll be walking at lunch today.

I have to tell you that I was very proud of myself the other night. I was taking my son to football practice and I got a flat tire. I am happy to say that I was able to change the tire by myself! I had a little help from my son (and absolutely no help from my daughter who didn't want to get dirty), but I was rather proud to get it done. My white tank top didn't make it through the changing, but I think I can get most of the stains out! Anyway, I was sweating like crazy, but what an accomplishment!

mj5
09-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Good Afternoon! The scale was down 2.5 lbs this am....not sure if I should believe it or not....we'll see!

Nicole--It seems funny to hear about your cold mornings....we are back into a 'hot stretch'--that I am hoping will end soon!

CC--Hope you are able to get your sleep back on track. I can only speak for myself, but yes--when I had lost weight and kept it off I was exercising on average 6 days a week for roughly an hour (lifting weights and cardio). I tend to go in spirts--I am SUPER excited about working out, then it seems like I have to force myself. Hopefully you can find some different things that you enjoy to mix it up a bit.

Math puppy--Welcome!

Cheryl--Hope you are feeling better!

Rhonda--Are you kidding? That is excellent news! Hang in there w/ your mil, you can get through this too.

Tricia--Glad your hip is feeling better! Have a great time on your trip! You CAN do this!

Diane--You are my hero! I wouldn't be able to change a tire myself...I am the semi-helpless female on the side of the road who calls her hubby when it comes to car stuff. Great job!

This morning I realized that if I hadn't stopped doing all the good for me things that I know I have to do...(and gained back a bunch of the weight I orginally lost) I would be well into maintenace mode right now. I know I have to let that go and work from where I am now, but wow! I know it makes me want it even more now!

mj ;)

royalsfan1
09-06-2007, 02:37 PM
mj - That's a great point you made about where you would be "if". However, please don't dwell on it too long...look at where you are now! You're doing it!

Diane - my kudos as well. I've never changed a tire.

Well, I screwed up. Mini binge. I don't know what was wrong with me. Luckily it's over and I haven't screwed up my calories for the day. Just ate the wrongs stuff. I'm confessing, brushing myself off, and starting back from here. :)

nicolen
09-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Good morning everyone!

Yay Friday! It seems to have been a really long week for some reason. Odd how that happens sometimes. I'm supposed to be going out with a friend tonight, but I'm picking she'll cancel on me. I'm not that bothered if she does - I'm not that enthused at the moment, and I tend to get to the stage on Friday where I just want to get home.

CC - is there something that you enjoy doing exercise wise? I love going for a walk, but it took me time to figure out that that didn't mean I could wander along look at everyone's gardens and chat to the neighbours etc. If I'm going for a walk now, I get right out of my neighbourhood else that's what I do.

Math Puppy - welcome to the insanity! Hey, ladies, new blood we can corrupt. Muahahaha! ;)

Well done with sticking to plan, Cheryl. I know I really struggle when I'm not feeling well, and there's something about a cold that makes you feel utterly miserable...

Rhonda, that's fantastic news. My lump was a cyst - it's still there, although much smaller than it was. They decided that it was best to leave it and it'd go away eventually...

Tricia, enjoy the trip away!

Diane, you rock! I usually stand on the side of the road and look helpless when I get a flat tyre!

MJ, the what ifs are really easy to think about, aren't they. But the key thing is you're doing it NOW.

Take care everyone and have an awesome day! :hug:

CLCSC145
09-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Hi all!

Well, I had lunch with a few friends today and had a really nice time. I don't think I did too badly and it was great food. I think if I'm just careful at dinner I'll eek out an on-plan day! I did about an hour of weeding yesterday and a 1/2 hour this morning so I'm sore in weird places, but at least the yard looks good and I got some much needed exercise. Nicole, I do like to walk, but I get super lazy when it's hot out. Things have cooled down here this week, so no more excuses.

Off topic, but do you all ever get an eye twitch that about drives you crazy? I've had one for a few days and I'm going nuts. Twitch, twitch. Twitch, twitch, twitch. GAHHH!!!!

I didn't get a lot of sleep, so that's still a drag. I'm going for 2 of these new pills tonight and see where that gets me.

Diane, that's awesome about the changed tire!

MJ, congrats on the scale moveage!

Tricia, sorry about the binge, but it's great that you kept it to a mini one and that you popped back on track.

Rhonda, hang in there! Sounds like you got some good news!

To everyone else, I'm really glad to see you here! Have a great day, all!

hellokitty81668
09-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Good Morning all,
Slashni, Congrats on changing the tire! Have you considered giving classes?;), I have no idea how to change a tire.
I hope everyone else is doing ok.
I am over my cold, and trying to keep up a good front, the scale got me angry this morning, it was up .5 lbs, I stayed on plan yesterday and even walked 30 minutes more . sheesh. I guess it is salt , nothing else explains it, I know I will work this off by my Weigh in day Wednesday. I plan to get on my elliptical at 8 am, and stay on plan . I am worth this!!!
cheryl

Slashnl
09-07-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm so glad that you all commented on my changing the tire. I was feeling kind of silly for thinking it was a big accomplishment. I have to admit that if anyone would have come by and offered to do it, I would have stepped back and let them have at it!!

Rhonda, glad you had some good news. I have a lot of fibrous (I think that is how it is spelled) stuff that shows up in the mammogram. I don't think I'd be able to tell if I had a lump. Fortunately, they can compare it all the time. The first time out, I had to have an ultrasound to look at it all. Now they just compare each year. Keep us updated!

Cheryl, glad you're feeling better. My son came home with a cold and I'm hoping it doesn't start making the rounds at our house.

CC, I hear you on the eye twitch thing. Makes me crazy when that happens. I think it happens even more when you are tired, so maybe try to get to bed early!!

Nicole, you sound like me. Friday hits and I just want to go home and stay there. It seems like I spend all week long running here and there, so Fridays are a good time to be HOME!

Tricia, glad to see you made it past the mini-binge. It is good that it stays as a "mini" instead of a full blown binge! You did a good job!

MJ, I can relate to the what if's. I so often wish that I would have stopped myself a long time ago, before I got this big!

Well, everyone, have a good weekend.

CLCSC145
09-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Hello!

I was totally on plan yesterday and the day before and gained again. Argh. How frustrating. I'm certainly not giving up, but this is a big bummer. I ate well and took a walk and got to sleep earlier. Oh well. I'm not going to worry about it anymore. I'm just mentally preparing myself that this could be the first week at this that the scale went up.

How is everyone else doing? I hope well! Good luck to all for a great weekend...

nicolen
09-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Morning everyone!

Slow start to the day today - alarm went off and I really didn't want to get up, so I didn't. Even during weekends I'm usually up by 6, and I got up at 7:30 today. Such a large sleep in - I'm such a geek! :dizzy:

I didn't go out last night, but I'm meeting my friend for lunch today at a vegetarian restaurant, so healthy should be easy to find. It's another nice day, so I'm going to suggest that we go for a walk either before or after lunch. It's going to be fun! Then I have to come back and do the housework - my favourite - NOT. Still, if I get it done today, I don't have to do it tomorrow.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

mj5
09-07-2007, 09:53 PM
Hi everyone! I am super-late checking in today! I think I say this every week, but my goodness, I am SO glad it is Friday. It seemed like everyone wanted a piece of me today! I even brought some work home because even though I was an hour late getting out of work, I still had some stuff to do. I haven't brought work home w/ me in ages! The good news is, it is all done and I spent a few minutes organizing things for next week.
Tricia--Thanks, I am not dwelling on it, well not TOO much anyway. But that is why I don't have a ticker, yet...I keep telling myself that once I get back there, I can start counting again. I think I need to re-think that, because this DOES count! Good for you for keeping it 'mini' and brushing yourself off!

Nicole--Must be something in the air, this week was horrible for me too!

CC--Great job w/ the yard work--this is one of my least favorite things! I have these really sad looking flowers by the side of the house....maybe next year will be better! Glad you had fun at lunch w/ friends.

Cheryl--Glad you are feeling better!

Diane--Do not feel silly about the tire!

So not a great day for me today....I was too busy to eat breakfast, we went out to lunch and by then I was SO hungy, so my choices weren't that good. I am still full and it's almost 9pm and I haven't eaten dinner--not hungry though either. I know I didn't get enough water in today, and I didn't go to the gym--way too hot (upper 90's and high humidity). I am planning on going tomorrow. I really need to drag myself there in the morning!

I did sneak in a little retail therapy after I left work...2 pretty necklaces, 2 pairs of earrings, and a set of bracelets that can mix and match w/ both necklaces.

I have to run....the dogs are barking to go out. I'll be around this weekend.

mj ;)

rakel
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
One thing about my life that I really don't like is that I can't seem to keep a normal schedule. Things will go great for about a month, and then something like this happens. I have been slowly pushing my waking and sleeping times back, so yesterday we aroused at about 2pm, got into work around 3pm, and didn't LEAVE the office until 8am, didn't get to sleep until around 9am. I got up this evening at 6:30pm. If there is anything positive about the last 24 hours, it's that I did NOT go off plan on my eating, and still managed to go down 1.5lbs without exercising AND, maybe I can stay up late again today and get my schedule turned around YET again.

Work is a huge drama all of the time thought. We always seem to be staying up the whole night before a delivery is due... the most frustrating part right now is that this project we're working on totally did not go the way it was supposed to, and really, we aren't making that much money... well, we wouldn't be making that much money IF we ever got paid in the first place. It's hard to keep working on something when you haven't been paid for 3 months. I won't lie and say I am very positive about this... and to be honest I wish we could just stop doing it, but it's not that easy. What really pisses me off is that my fiance's brother, the guy who is responsible for this, is totally ungrateful for our sacrifice. His response to our working about 17 hours is "I do that too." There are so many things wrong with that response that I end up just saying curse words over and over to myself. What in the **** are we doing this to ourselves for? If he is unhappy with the way his working schedule is, he should DO SOMETHING about it, not try and pull us into his non-existent life with him. Misery really does love company. I for one have HAD IT and the sooner we are DONE with this the happier I will be. It's just hard to stop right now, when we have 3+ months of money on the line.

AND THUS ENDS MY VENTING, though it could go on much much longer. At least you all know what kind of thing I am running up against. I am proud and amazed that through this all I've still lost 18lbs. I just really wish I could just have a normal schedule, exercise regularly and it would just be so much easier than trying to figure out what kind of exercise I can do at 2am.

hellokitty81668
09-08-2007, 09:54 AM
Hi ,
I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I just did my elliptical trainer for 33 minutes, and am getting into the shower soon, so I can head over to the farmers market, and also the petstore. Today I'm going to a street festival, and will not be eating there, instead I will be bringing a bottle of water and a TLC bar to munch on. I just had a good breakfast and should be staying on plan today.
I am really down about my clothing situation, because my 22's are getting loose, I mean they hang down on me, and look horrible, I don't want to buy new clothes until I am down another 10 lbs, and the thrift stores here don't cary much in plus size clothes( maybe 7 pieces and they are usually horrible looking), I have some winter pants that will fit, but it is so hot here, that I am still in capris, I am just being silly I should be happy that I am moving out of the 22's ,but walking around in clothes that don't fit right, is making me just feeling ugly. Anyone ever feel like this?
cheryl

CLCSC145
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
GAH! Sleep crisis has reach a low point... I have not slept in nearly 24 hours and now it's too light out. Should make for a fun day!

I ate fine yesterday, but did not exercise. :(

nicolen
09-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Good morning everyone!

I hope you're all well on this lovely morning. It's supposed to rain later on, so I'm going to have to make sure I go for my walk before then.

MJ, I hope the rest of your day went well. I know when I skip breakfast it's almost guaranteed that I'll have a bad day.

Rakel, dramas at work are delightful fun, aren't that. I let myself get dragged down by them for a while, now I figure it's not worth stressing about and try to leave it at work as much as I can. In saying that, I'm going to start looking for a new job - I'm starting to get dragged down again by the drama, and it's really not worth it.

Cheryl, go you with the exercise! That's a fantastic way to start the day!

CC, is there like a sleep disorder clinic or something you can go to, or be referred to to try and help solve your sleeping issues? I'm lucky in that I usually sleep well, but a friend of mine was referred to one because she couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours at a time unless she took sleeping pills which she didn't want to get in the habit of doing. I'm trying to remember what she was told to do, but am drawing a blank, I'm sorry.

OK, lousy day yesterday. Too much food and not enough exercise. My friend that I was meeting for lunch didn't show and hasn't responded to texts, so I was really annoyed and ended up going to an all you can eat Chinese place for lunch. Really really clever idea since I ate tonnes of the wrong sort of thing, and I knew what I was doing. I told myself I was going to Subway, given that it's reasonably healthy, but walked past the door. OK, it's done now and there's nothing I can do about it, so I'm going to try not to beat myself up any more than I have already because that'll just guilt me into another binge.

Today, I'm going to go for a long walk this morning and finish the housework. It's also my Gran's birthday, so I'm going to give her a ring this afternoon and wish her all the best - I bought her a gift pack from the Body Shop because she loves their stuff, but doesn't ever buy it herself, so I know she's going to love her present.

Have a good day everyone! :hug:

CLCSC145
09-08-2007, 05:04 PM
CC, is there like a sleep disorder clinic or something you can go to, or be referred to to try and help solve your sleeping issues? I'm lucky in that I usually sleep well, but a friend of mine was referred to one because she couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours at a time unless she took sleeping pills which she didn't want to get in the habit of doing. I'm trying to remember what she was told to do, but am drawing a blank, I'm sorry.

Thanks, Nicole! It's such a new thing for me. I could always fall asleep anywhere at anytime - no problem. I think that's why this is so stressful because it's not normal for me and I don't know how to put myself to sleep other than just to close my eyes and I'm out like a light. I'm going to talk to my doctor about the depression meds. The increased dosage may be too much. She gave me sleeping pills that are supposedly non-addictive, but I took two to no avail. Grrr.

Enjoy your walk today and don't give another thought to the Chinese food. It's a brand new day!

LaurieDawn
09-08-2007, 07:57 PM
CC - I wonder if your sleep struggles are causing some of your recent scale issues. I know that I've had days where I was working so much that I slept very little, and - for me - the scale never goes down until after I sleep. Just a thought. Hope your sleep issues get resolved quickly. It's so hard to deal with a sleeping crisis and still feel good enough to exercise and resist that high-energy sugar fix.

CLCSC145
09-08-2007, 11:25 PM
That's a very encouraging thought, Laurie! I would love it if that ends up to be the case. I'll keep my fingers crossed as the scale was up again today. It's gone up incrementally 2 pounds total (.2, .4, etc. a day) for the last week. And no change to my eating, less exercise but not eliminated completely, no excess salt... Just a lot less sleep. I've been awake for 34 hours now and I'm totally loopy. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::D:D:D

mj5
09-09-2007, 10:01 AM
Good Morning! Yesterday was so busy, all good stuff, but really busy! Another poor planning day on my part. I did eat breakfast, but then was so busy running around I 'forgot' to eat lunch. By the time I realized I was hungry, it was late afternoon and we had plans to go out to dinner w/ friends, so I ate some fresh cut up veggies (actually, snacked on them as I was making a salad). Unfortunately, I didn't make the best choice at dinner, but by then I was SO hungry....I know, another excuse, but the good news is I only ate a small portion of it. Ugh.......I know I need to plan better--the weekends aren't usually this hectic, so at least it isn't a 'normal' thing for me to do this. Already have a healthy lunch and dinner planned so today should be MUCH better!

Rakel--Wow, I am tired just hearing about your schedule! I hope you can get something worked out soon. Good for you for staying on plan!!

Cheryl--YESSSSS! I can totally relate! I know around here all stores are having huge sales (my sister just bought a pair of plus sized denim caprs for $1.97 at JC Penny). I say, if you can, shop around a bit. I totally get wanting to wait for that next 10 pounds, BUT yo are working hard! You deserve to look fantastic! I know for me that looking and feeling ugly, ends up w/ me not trying so hard. We certainly don't want that to happen!

CC--Oh NO! I hope you can get some sleep!

Nicole--I don't like to skip breakfast either. That's not good about your friend--I hope she has contacted you! Brush off the Chinese food, don't let it guilt you into another binge! I am sure your Gran is going to love her present!

Finally it is much cooler here today! It is supposed to be low to mid-70's all week....ahhhh, that's much better! No walk today--it is raining which is MUCH needed! I *should* get myself to the gym today, but in reality it probably won't happen.

Have a great day...I'll probably be back later!

mj;)

Slashnl
09-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Just a note to everyone that I'll be away from the computer for most of the week. I have a seminar in Denver this week. Hopefully I can be smart while I'm away and not totally lose myself in eating out. Hope everyone has a great week. I'll be reading when I get back!!

nicolen
09-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Morning ladies! :D

Back to Monday again already - yay. I'm in training all week, so have to start at 8:30 rather than my usual 7:30. I'm going to flag the gym because if I do go it'll be after 7pm by the time I get home and that's just too late given that I'm usually in bed around 8:30 on weeknights. I'm going to walk to and from work each day for the week - about 4 miles each way and it'll take me just over an hour each way, so that's not too bad.

Eating was better yesterday, although exercise wasn't fantastic - about 2 1/2 miles walked. Still today should make up for it. I spent the afternoon reading Brooke Shields' book Down Came the Rain about Post Natal Depression. Now my depression wasn't post natal, but there were sooo many times in the book where I just found myself nodding as she described the way she was feeling. Really recommended reading for anyone who's had any kind of depression in the past or is currently depressed.

CC, I hope you've managed to get some sleep. Definitely talk it over with your doctor and see what s/he recommends you do.

MJ, at least it's cooling down for you. We're at the stage where it's not too hot yet - still having some cold mornings and days don't really get much above 14 deg Celsius, but that'll change soon. Joy.

Diane, enjoy your trip and take advantage of that gym!

Take care everyone! :hug:

hellokitty81668
09-09-2007, 03:15 PM
good morning everyone..
Mj5 , I am sure today will be better.
I went hiking today, 2hrs walking, up some hills, ect... that was my exercise today, and so far I am plan.
I posted on the nsv's thread, I tried on a pair of 18 pants I bought, they fit, snuggly, but they fit. I started crying I got so emotional. It feels so good, to be getting out of the 20+ pants size. Now I dont' know if I should stick with size 18 pants, or get some 16( I shouldn't get ahead of myself I know).. I don't ever , ever want to wear a size 20 ++ pants again.
I hope everyone had/has a great weekend.
cheryl

hellokitty81668
09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Good morning all,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Rhonda you are still in my thoughts, I hope things are getting better.
I had a good weekend, I haven't gone off plan, clothes are getting smaller, but the scale has decided to stall. :mad: I just have to accept this, and hope either I loose by Wednesday( official weigh in day), or wait unil next week. I will not let a plateau beat me.
cheryl

mj5
09-10-2007, 10:37 AM
Good Morning! I am about to eat breakfast (I will NOT let today get away from me!) and I have already started drinking water. I am going to go to the gym right after work--I need to start increasing the intensity of my cardio...now that it is cooler I will be motivated to do that! If it isn't raining, I will also take the dogs for a walk.

Diane--Hope it's a good seminar!

Nicole--I hope the training is interesting! I think it's great that you can get so much walking in! Yea, I am NOT a fan of super hot weather. I am fine, as long as it cools down at night, but it wasn't even doing that.

Cheryl--CONGRATS on the pants! I say, get a least a pair (or two) of the 16's if you can swing it....keep trying them on from time to time, before you know it they will fit perfectly!

Rhonda--How are you doing? I hope not hearing from you doesn't mean that you are having a rough time!

CC--Hope you are able to get some sleep!

Hopefully this will be a better week at work! I am taking Wednesday off...I have my annual exam at the drs in the morning, then off for a little retail therapy. Still not buying much as far as clothes go (although if I hit some super sales, I could certainly be pursuaded!), but I want to pick up some new makeup--a new color of eye shadow, I think. And maybe a piece or two of jewelry. Now that it is getting cooler I will be much more motivated to some a little extra time primping in the morning--and when I look good, I fee so much better! I am also going to make a hair appt--I want a change, but I don't know what....my hair is just past my shoulders and curly. I know I need color/hilights (starting to see some greys peeking through), but not sure about a cut. Luckily the person I go to knows me very well, so we'll come up w/ something!

I think I need to pick an 'official' weigh in day--I am leaning toward Monday since that will *hopefully* help me stay on track during the weekend. I don't know whether or not to trust my scale at home. It is down another .5, but I am really, really surprised about that.

Ok, I have rambled on and on....long enough!

mj;)