Old 08-27-2007, 07:10 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

Default I'm back!

I'm back after a couple months of not paying attention. We moved, then we went on vacation, then school started... then I got on the scale to see it's going the wrong direction-- I've gained two pounds for a new all time high of 295! That's a pretty clear message that I need to slow down and pay attention to me and my weight loss goals. I just get so busy with everything else that I let it slide "just for today", then those "just for todays" pile up. Luckily I've noticed that pile while it's only 2lbs, so the clean up shouldn't be too messy.

Has this happened to you? Any advice for not slipping away again?
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:31 AM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi and welcome back!!!!
I don't know if I have any advice, I know this is my biggest fear, slipping back into weight gain. The best thing you can do though is admit that you have gained and come here to be accountable. The last time I was here , I stopped coming all together and just gained and gained, by the time I returned a year later, I gained more than 10+ pds.
Good luck with your weight loss.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:04 AM   #3  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome back! Sounds like you have found your committment....and this is what will keep you on track. Many of us have to re-committ on a daily basis...sometimes more than once a day! You can do this!
GirlyGirlSebas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Hi and welcome back!!!

My advice??? Hmmm.... Well there are ALWAYS going to be slip ups. Always. The thing is, is to make them very, very brief. Make NOT getting back on track NOT AN OPTION. Set yourself some rules. If you've got the rule to get RIGHT BACK ON TRACK after falling down, well then you simply MUST get right back on track. No if ands or buts about it. Nothing to ponder - you JUST DO IT.

Good luck to you. This IS doable and you most certainly CAN do it.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #5  

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations on making the decision to come back! Life is crazy - and I know that's why I ended up needing to come here in the first place. Keeping weight loss as a priority, though, is the only way it will work for any of us. So, like Robin said, we just need to make sure that when it slips down the priority list, we bump it back up. Congratulations on making that bump before it got too serious.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #6  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome back! As someone who has had a tendency to slink away from here when I'm not doing well, I have to say don't do that. You are the only one with the power to turn a slip around and start losing again. And it is SOOO much easier to do that when you stay here and have to be accountable. Good luck! I hope this time is THE time for you.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 293/296.6/150

Height: 6'

Thanks for all your words of encouragement... I think this is THE time for me. No, wait, I'm going to MAKE this THE time for me!!
Jolly Molly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:09 AM   #8  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Molly View Post
Thanks for all your words of encouragement... I think this is THE time for me. No, wait, I'm going to MAKE this THE time for me!!
Hip hip hoorary! Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray! THAT's the attitude, all right. You go get um'. There's absolutely no reason on earth why this shouldn't be "the time." It's in your power - 100% so. You CAN do it! Get excited, because there's a whole new world just waiting for you!!!

rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote