Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-27-2007, 06:54 AM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Default Frustrating Monday morning

Monday morning weigh-in came way too quick this week. I am so frustrated right now. I cheated and weighed myself on Saturday morning and was done to 160.2. I'm back up to 160.8 this morning. I know it doesn't seem like much, but every little bit helps, and I am getting so frustrated about the scale creeping downwards. I have been stuck in the low 160s range for over a month and a half, and have been working hard exercising but am not seeing much results other than a half a pound or maybe a pound per week. I keep telling myself that weight loss is slow, but I still get frustrated all the same. Argh. I lost the first 25 pounds rather easily and quickly, but these last 5 pounds have been going back and forth, up and down, and it seems like the last 20 pounds are going to be torture. Sometimes I'm not motivated anymore but I keep going anyways because I made a deal with myself to lose this weight even if it was torture.

I just needed to vent before heading to another long week of work.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:05 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Congratulations on all the weight you've lost so far. That's just great!!!

You said you ARE seeing a 1/2 lb to a lb loss most weeks. That's still quite good.

You mentioned that you have been working hard exercising. But you didn't say what you are eating. "They" (whoever "they" are) say that weightloss is 80% food intake and 20% exercise. So perhaps that needs to be tweaked a bit. Why not let us know what your food plan is and maybe we can help you better?

Meanwhile hang in there. Try not to let those daily fluctuations bother you. And please, get back to us. We're here to help you.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:17 AM   #3  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Hey there Robin -

I have been following the Weight Watchers plan since mid-April 2007 (I am not actually going to meetings because I can't really afford the monthly costs, but I have all of the materials that a friend lent me and have been following the points system and such.) I am in the 22 point range which I think is about 1200 calories a day (don't quote me on that), and I usually have cereal in the morning, a mid morning snack of fruit, a lunch of leftovers, a sandwich or frozen WW entree, and dinner is usually something from the WW cookbook which as plenty of veggies. When I began the diet, I did not exercise at all and the first 20 pounds came off pretty easily and quickly by just changing my eating habits.

The last 5 pounds have been hard to lose; I have been going up and down the past month with these 5 pounds because of vacation and family parties and such. I just recently added exercise in because I know that my weight loss will slow down and it is important to exercise. I guess what they say is right - your weight loss WILL slow down as you get into it after several months.

I do need to look at ANY loss as good, this morning was just one of those frustrating moments. I have 20 pounds to go until my goal, and I suppose I need to be happy with every little ounce that I lose and keep telling myself that weight loss is not a quick and easy thing. (Tell that to my BF who has easily lost 50 pounds since mid-April with very little exercise - men have it so easy sometimes!)

I am currently exercising 3-4 days a week - do you think I should increase that to 5-6 days a week?

Thanks for your support!
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:26 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

I know it can be hard when it's going slow, but at least it's GOING I was stuck at 204 for over a month and I thought I was going to pull my hair out. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll continue to see results.
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #5  

First of all, congratulations on the 20 lb. loss. That's wonderful!

What are you doing for exercise? You may not have to increase how many days you work out, but you might have to increase the intensity. Or even change up what you're doing. I know I sometimes get into a work out rut, and don't even realize it.

I used to do WW a long time ago, and there was a thing called the "Wendy plan" that seemed to help people start losing again. Maybe check out the WW boards.

Good luck and hang in there. You'll start losing again.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:59 AM   #6  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaVTFan View Post

The last 5 pounds have been hard to lose; I have been going up and down the past month with these 5 pounds because of vacation and family parties and such. I just recently added exercise in because I know that my weight loss will slow down and it is important to exercise. I guess what they say is right - your weight loss WILL slow down as you get into it after several months.

I am currently exercising 3-4 days a week - do you think I should increase that to 5-6 days a week?

Hi there. Well, I kinda think you may have answered your own question. You wrote it write up above - it says - I have been going up and down the past month with these 5 pounds because of vacation and family parties and such. So more then likely THAT is the reason that your weightloss has slowed.

IF you'd like to increase the rate at which you are losing, I would try harder to stick to my plan (ha, not always so easy, is it?) and yes - I'd increase my exercise to 5 - 6 days a week.

As for the BF, yeah, well men DO lose so much quicker then us gals, for the most part. It's all that muscle they've got. Which is one more reason why strength training is just so important for us.

With a little patience, a bit of tightening the belt and some increased activity that scale should surely be moving down. You've done GREATand there's no reason why that shouldn't continue. You CAN do this. Well actually you ARE doing this. Good luck!
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

i know how you feel. it is so easy to get discouraged when we only see half a pound to one pound a week loss. we want it to keep going quickly every week until we get to where we think goal should be. unfortunately our bodies don't agree. I get so upset and discouraged when it takes me 2 weeks to lose one pound. I know i should be getting really strict with my diet instead of having so many days where i say...okay...i can have a small slice of cake, or i can have that scoop of ice cream. if i want it to go faster, i guess i should eat less junk and more healthy. don't get discouraged. we have come so far and we will make it to the goal we set. it might take a while but odds are, once we reach it, we will stay there this time.

Good luck and just keep trucking along!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:33 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey there -

I see that you are eating 22 points a day. That is my target as well, and our stats are a little different. So I did a POINTS quiz, (assumed you were younger than 27 and that you sit for most of the day) and your points target comes to 22, but once you get out of the 160's range and into the 150's, your points will go down to 21. I would try hitting 21 for the next week and see how that helps!

Edit to add - Minimum number of POINTS allowed on WW is 18, which I would assume is closer to that 1200 calorie/day range.

Last edited by modkittn; 08-27-2007 at 01:49 PM.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote