Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-26-2007, 09:32 PM   #1  
It's never too late

S/C/G: 187.8/146.8/133

Height: 5'0

Default That feeling exercise gives you

I have never been an athletic person. Growing up, I tried just about every sport - soccer, softball/baseball, basketball, etc. but nothing every worked out or was enjoyable. I started riding horses in 3rd grade and continued that until my senior year of high school, and I guess I would consider this my "sport" growing up. I stopped riding horses in college, though, because it was just too expensive - it was college or horses, and college won over.

Not being an athletic person or enjoying playing sports, exercise has never been important to me. I started working out for short amounts of time at gyms when I was in high school, but never kept with it for more than few months at a time. I have basically come to believe that I just don't like to exercise. It is never something that I would label as "fun." But, I know it is an important part of weight loss and life in general, so I am forcing myself to exercise at least 2-4 times a week now. I usually do cardio and add weight lifting on top of that twice a week. I never really enjoy it, but I do it because I know I need to. (I exercise at home on my elliptical and with my workout DVDs/weight videos.)

I never like the act while I am exercising, but I have realized that I do love that feeling I get afterwards. I love coming upstairs from the basement after a workout and taking my shoes off and feeling proud of myself for the workout I just completed. I absolutely hate being sweaty and feeling nasty from dripping sweat everywhere, but I love getting in the shower and washing it all away but knowing that the effect of my workout will stay with my body long after. I have definitely developed a love/hate relationship with exercise, but I know it will be worth it in the end.
NoVaVTFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #2  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

girl, I hear ya! I love the exact same feeling of taking off my shoes after a jog...and peeling off my sweaty socks! and especially when I dry off after a nice shower and feel so powerful.
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I am the same way..the sense of accomplishment is a HUGE payoff...and sometimes, I'm in a great mood for the rest of the day, all because I took some time out to improve myself.
Cassie501107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:16 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

The funny part for me is, the HARDEST part of getting a great workout is getting my butt out the door! I know that I'll physically feel great and accomplished after a workout, but for some reason I always drag my butt when it comes to actually going to work out
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 AM   #5  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Sometimes I workout just to get myself in a better mood, LOL! But I hear what you are saying, most of the time I am doing it to lose weight and get healthy and love that feeling of accomplisment and pride.
Diva is offline   Reply With Quote