General Diet Plans and Questions - Diary of a Mad Fat Smasher

View Full Version : Diary of a Mad Fat Smasher

JellyBelly1908
08-26-2007, 04:59 PM
:devil:

Sooooooo, I completed Week 1 of Phase I, and I feel pretty good. :p I never cheated even though I was constantly bombarded by free food -- everything from Subway cookies at the local bookstore to brownies at a party I went to last night. :( But I didn't cheat.

This morning when I weighed myself, I'd lost about 5 1/4 lbs. :carrot:

Although I'm ashamed to say I only exercised once (walked 1.5 miles in 30 min on the treadmill). :o That's a bad habit left over from the high school cheerleading days. I either diet like crazy while sittin' on my azz or I exercise like a madwoman while dining on ice cream. If I had exercised consistently this week, I could've lost 8-10 lbs. :(

So my Week 2 Phase I / Week 1 Phase II resolutions are:
1. To exercise more consistently while sticking to the meal plan
2. To increase my water intake

Thoughts? Suggestions?

willsmashfat
08-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Jelly - Congrats on the big loss! 5+lbs in 9 days in wonderful. WTG on resisting the tempting goodies.Try to set up a specific schedule of when you will exercise so that you don't find yourself at the end of the week and not having done much. I am finishing Day 3 so I won't have a report to share for a bit, yet.
Keep it up!!

JellyBelly1908
08-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Thanks, babe. :D

I took your advice and set up a schedule. Today went well. I finished up Phase I and exercised for 45 minutes. I rewarded myself with one Jumble cookie from Whole Foods. :o

:devil:It's a little insurance that I won't cheat, and it kept me going these past 9 days. I counted calories, and I was still a little below 1300 for today with the cookie so I'm cool. I think I'll do this every Monday -- a lil reward. :dunno:

I've planned out my meals for this week and am cooking my lunches as we speak. Tomorrow morning I'll walk or run 1.5 miles...and then I'll do the same at around 6pm.

Thanks for your support! :dance:

JellyBelly1908
09-02-2007, 06:53 PM
I lost 3lb this week! :cb:

My exercise has been more consistent -- I've been walking/jogging 2 miles per day, 6 days per week. (On Wednesday, I rest...but it feels wrong. :( )

I still need to increase my water intake, and I'm going to add more fish to my diet. I'll also try to add the elliptical machine to my exercise regimen.

I love Fat Smash. :yes:

MissVee
09-02-2007, 07:30 PM
JellyBelly1908 the elliptical is a very good idea. I love that machine it really...really...really works. I have to get on it everyday, at least 30min. I burn alot of calories(depending on the resistance)!:goodluck::exercise:

JellyBelly1908
09-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Thanks for the advice, Miss Vee!

Sooooo I lost two pounds this past week. :cheer: I have been making some really tasty dishes and have satisfied by ice cream addiction using frozen yogurt. :T

I didn't exercise so I still need to work on being more consistent with that. More water intake and eating 5x per day are also my goals for this next week.

I can do it! :cb:

jazzi
09-15-2007, 07:20 PM
That was great, I am smashing again and am in day 3 of the detox phase and I have never been tempted so bad in my life everywhere I go people are offering me food...Where was all this free food when I wasn't dieting LOL!

JellyBelly1908
09-17-2007, 03:24 PM
Hi, jazzi! I completely understand. During my detox, I was being offered all sorts of free food. It was crazy!

Well, this past week, I lost 3 lbs. :cheer: My exercise still isn't consistent, but I start eating fish every day and drinking 1 cup of juice each day. I cheated 2x, but I didn't binge (1/2 candy bar one day and a lemon square the other day) and I kept my calories to a minimum.

Soooo, I started Fat Smash on 8/19/07 so I've lost 13 lbs in (almost) one month from it. :cb:

I feel great!

Tomorrow I start Phase III, but I am following Dr. Ian's advice and incorporating one day of Phase I into each week of Phase III to make sure my body doesn't try to plateau. (Darn homeostasis!!!)

I have already purchased some healthy whole weat pasta for tomorrow. I appreciate its return. Oh, and chocolate chip cookies are coming back too! But only about 2-3 times per week. I'll still mostly rely on fat-free fro-yo to satisfy my addiction.

Well, I'm off to create my meal plan for this week!!! :D

MadamePJ
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
13 pounds in a month is commendable!!! keep up the great work! :)

JellyBelly1908
09-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks, MadamePJ! You have such a pretty face!

It's crazy. I always thought my body fought against losing weight, but it actually seems to WANT to be skinny again. :cheer:

I'm aiming for a minimum weight loss rate of 8 lb/month and a max of 15 lb/ month. Doing it healthy. :yes:

JellyBelly1908
09-23-2007, 07:36 PM
So this week I only lost 1 lb. :(

*cries dramatically*

It's that time of the month :o so I am fairly bloated so I won't let myself be too disappointed. Hopefully, I can lose 2 or 3 lbs next week! :yes:

JellyBelly1908
09-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Is anybody reading this? :stress:

I only lost 1 lb this week. No excuses -- I cheated repeatedly due to an odd work schedule and not preparing my meals. I only exercised twice. I really controlled my calories which explains the loss of even 1 lb.

I'll do better this week. :yes:

Gimme some support. :(

thickklikemudd
09-30-2007, 10:52 PM
hey girl.. you are giving me motivation!!
i started back in july and lost about 9lbs and probably put em all back on.. .
after reading your diary, i'm going to start again tomorrow!!
its almost 11p here and i'm going to go for a walk lol and stop by walmart to stock up on my veggies and fruits... way to go!!

thickklikemudd
09-30-2007, 10:56 PM
instead of creating a separate diary, i'm going to use yours :)

i'm at 240 now and i plan to lose 40lbs by december 31...
i have 3 months to lose 40lbs.. at a rate of 10-15lbs per month, this should definitely work... i might need all of your motivational support though, as it can get tough.

jellybelly, can you type your meals for the week/day? i always find that to be quite helpful.

JellyBelly1908
09-30-2007, 11:41 PM
Hey, Mud! I love the screen-name! :lol:

I usually do type up my weekly meal plans, but I didn't have time last week. I'm currently working on the one for this week. I just returned from the grocery store myself.

Feel free to add on to my diary. :yes: It does wonders for accountability.

Edited: You should also join the Christmas Challenge in the 100 lb Sub-Forum. I'm trying to lose 30 by Dec. 25th. :crazy:

JellyBelly1908
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
0 lbs lost.

*sigh*

:(

I went to several parties and ate like a *normal* person. I only exercised once this week.....

I'm re-committing. I typed up my meal plan for this week and will be exercising in the A.M.

I am determined!!!!

Spacy Stacy
10-08-2007, 05:31 PM
I am going to borrow some of your determination, JellyBelly! I've been off plan for 2 weeks now. I had Lasik (LOVE it) 2 weeks ago and couldn't workout for the week after that. I could do mild, but I was doing water aerobics twice a week and I couldn't be in the pool. And, well, last week I was on vacation in Las Vegas. Let's just say that the buffet was my friend. I'm too scared to even weigh myself at this point!

But tonight is the re-committing to my twice weekly water aerobics (at 70 minutes a pop, they're a great workout) and I've eaten very well today. I think I need to go back down to Phase 1 for a few weeks but just can't seem to get my mind there. Maybe if I just allow myself coffee during Phase 1 it won't be so bad :)

Ready2ShedLBS
11-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Ok.. So I am following the Ultra Fat Smash out of "First Magazine" just to see if it works, today is day one :)... it says in Phase 1 you can have (1) 6oz cup of coffee. Wonder why it limits coffee? Telling me NO coffee is like telling a druggie, NO drugs. But I did only have 2 cups as opposed to my usual 3-4.. and maybe I can cut it down to one cup just for the week, its not like I will die. Sigh.

JellyBelly1908
11-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I'm back!

I've been really sick for the past couple of weeks so I haven't been posting and have barely been able to eat. I'm back now and down -5 lbs. Ready to smash the fat again!!!! :D

AlittleBitOfMe
11-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Welcome back. Sorry about you being sick but glad your back. 5 lbs is a nice headstart.

JellyBelly1908
11-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Thank ya, AlittleBitOfMe!

I was finishing up Phase III when I got sick so now I'm trying to decide if I should start all over again, pick up with Phase III again, or go on to Phase IV.

I think I'll start Phase III again and do Phase I once a week......

JellyBelly1908
11-19-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm down another 5. I can't WAIT to be in the 100s again. :cb:

jcsunshine
12-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey Jelly! I know it has been a bit since your last post. I hope all is well. I read your diary and you have inspired me! I am in the middle of Phase I right now and I am loving it. My friend and I decided to do it together.
I hope you post soon!!

JellyBelly1908
12-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Hi, jcsunshine!

I am now officially allllllll better so I started back OFFICIALLY today. :)

I'll keep posting! :yes:

divalicioust
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi Jelly,

I'm just checking in to see where you are, oh and I love the title of your thread.

JellyBelly1908
02-19-2008, 01:54 AM
Egads! So I'm back (again). I've gained 5 lbs back so I'm kicking my butt in gear. I bought some new gym clothes and decided to get a digital scale. Why does this new scale have me weighing 15 lbs more than the old non-digital one? :(

I checked, and the digital one is correct. So this means that while my loss of pounds has been accurate, I actually started at 255 and am currently at 230.

DAMN!

The 100's are sooooooo far away. I'm reluctantly making those # changes to my siggy...

SouthernGal07
02-19-2008, 01:46 PM
sorry to hear that your old scale wasn't accurate. You've still lost weight which is always a good thing. I have a super long way to go and sometimes get discouraged. But think how much sweeter it'll be when you get to your goal, you'll realize all that hard work paid off.

chubbywifeyIN
02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
hey just stopping by--- never give up i think you have motivation and the 100s will be here quicker than you think!!!! Hop back on the FS wagon, you can do it!!

JellyBelly1908
03-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the support, ladies! :)

I lost -1 lb this week!

smooches
03-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Hello ladies. I have been on the Extreme Fat Smash for about 1 month and 1 wk and lost 18 pounds. I am on cycle 3 second rotation. next wk i will start all over again. What do you ladies think. Any suggestions. And keep up the good work. God Bless.

mandygirl
03-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Hey Jellybelly, new around here and have also gained some inspiration from your posts to get my back side moving again and trying the Fat Smash Diet for the first time. Because I will be just starting and could use the extra help and guidence, where can I see your jounal that you and others keep mentioning where you post your daily menus? And also does anyone know how I upload my "diet ticker" to this page to. I created one already at tickerfactory.com just need to know how to get it here.

Thanks for the help

JellyBelly1908
01-05-2009, 02:06 AM
I'm back...hopefully for good. :dizzy:

The 3rd time is the charm, right? :carrot:

Robot
01-05-2009, 05:09 AM
Hi JellyBelly. I'm doing Phase I starting today. Last time I did it was 2007ish, I think. I was successful and fell off the bandwagon thinking I could do just as well without it. I ended up gaining 30 pounds.

beerab
01-05-2009, 10:04 AM
Hey Jelly :)

I'm still working on the few pounds I managed to gain back DURING the holidays.

Two days ago I took a look at all the "goodies" people brought me and tossed out everything that was open and the rest of it I'm giving away at work- what is it with people- you tell them you are on a diet then they buy you cookies and brownies and so on for gifts! SABOTAGE I tell you! I gained 4.5 pounds back during the holidays but have since lost 2.5 more.

I wanted to go to the gym today like I always do on my lunch- but my husband has my car since his broke down ugggg... I prefer to go to the gym on my lunch.

I'm trying to not fall off the bandwagon this time- I'm tired of being "fat."

JellyBelly1908
01-06-2009, 12:52 AM
Hi JellyBelly. I'm doing Phase I starting today. Last time I did it was 2007ish, I think. I was successful and fell off the bandwagon thinking I could do just as well without it. I ended up gaining 30 pounds.

Same here. :(

We can do it though! :carrot:

Hey Jelly :)

I'm still working on the few pounds I managed to gain back DURING the holidays.

Two days ago I took a look at all the "goodies" people brought me and tossed out everything that was open and the rest of it I'm giving away at work- what is it with people- you tell them you are on a diet then they buy you cookies and brownies and so on for gifts! SABOTAGE I tell you! I gained 4.5 pounds back during the holidays but have since lost 2.5 more.

I wanted to go to the gym today like I always do on my lunch- but my husband has my car since his broke down ugggg... I prefer to go to the gym on my lunch.

I'm trying to not fall off the bandwagon this time- I'm tired of being "fat."

The holidays are kryptonite for diets. :mad:

I TOTALLY understand where you're coming from with the "tired of being fat". I'm sick of having to shell out so much money just for decent/stylish clothing. I'm sick of not getting asked to dance at clubs. I'm sick of not liking my reflection in the mirror.

We can do it! :hug:

Robot
01-06-2009, 03:07 AM
Hello ladies. Day 1 of phase 1 went swimmingly. I hope everyone else is sticking to plan and smashing fat.

Sheinthespirit
01-10-2009, 09:53 AM
Hello.

I have read your posts and appreciate the perspectives. I am in on day 6. Loving the program so far.

I can definitely see how I can incorporate much of Phase I into my lifestyle permanently.

JellyBelly1908
01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Hello ladies. Day 1 of phase 1 went swimmingly. I hope everyone else is sticking to plan and smashing fat.

Keep up the good work!

Hello.

I have read your posts and appreciate the perspectives. I am in on day 6. Loving the program so far.

I can definitely see how I can incorporate much of Phase I into my lifestyle permanently.

Hi, there! :)

Phase I can definitely be incorporated into one's lifestyle permanently. Even though I'm no longer in Phase I, I eat vegetarian (usually a soup with brown rice) for dinner almost every night. Not to mention that it's cheap! :D

I've found that planned desserts and giving myself one meal per week (usually Friday or Saturday dinner) to eat what I want worked great for me last time.

To control my caloric intake for my desserts, I've been eating the Weight Watcher's Smart Ones. Yummy! I don't know HOW to eat just 1 bowl of ice cream (I binge. :mad:) so not buying ice cream period, and using WW yogurt and desserts helps!

Well, last week (Week #1), I lost 0.8 lbs.
This week I lost 2.6 lbs. :carrot:

My goal is to lose 2 lbs for Week #3! :o

HoneyBee
01-15-2009, 12:21 AM
Hi all I am new to the board but not new to this diet. I have had success with it before so I am going to give it another go. However this time I am going to have a battle because now I am a certified carb addict (hangs head in shame) I'm starting Sunday wish me luck!

JellyBelly1908
01-19-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi all I am new to the board but not new to this diet. I have had success with it before so I am going to give it another go. However this time I am going to have a battle because now I am a certified carb addict (hangs head in shame) I'm starting Sunday wish me luck!

Good luck!!! :carrot:

I thought I did good this week, but I gained 1.6 lbs. :( I started my cycle so I'm hoping the weight gain was just due to being bloated. I hope to lose 2 lbs this week. :dizzy:

JellyBelly1908
11-21-2009, 04:37 PM
2 years later, and I'm still in a similar boat. :(

A sexy guy friend told me I was adorable today...but that I seriously needed to lose a ton of weight to get a man.

That was a source of inspiration despite the hurt emotions.

Let's start smashin'!!!

life4evr
11-21-2009, 06:08 PM
2 years later, and I'm still in a similar boat. :(

A sexy guy friend told me I was adorable today...but that I seriously needed to lose a ton of weight to get a man.

That was a source of inspiration despite the hurt emotions.

Let's start smashin'!!!

JellyBelly1908 well good luck with using that as your inspiration. I am right there with you. Just with a different inspiration.

Good Luckl

JellyBelly1908
11-21-2009, 06:40 PM
JellyBelly1908 well good luck with using that as your inspiration. I am right there with you. Just with a different inspiration.

Good Luckl

Thanks so much for your support. :hug:

LookingForMeAgain
12-01-2009, 12:46 PM
So Jelly Are you back on the smash? I started it in May and then quit but Im reday to roll now. Ive been doing a lil excercise, ordered a bodybugg and some sketcher shape ups, made my veggie chilli and didnt buy anything off plan at the store this week. Slowly starting detox again. Im here for support if you need it!

JellyBelly1908
01-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Yes!

I don't know my current weight because I lost my beautiful digital scale during a recent move. :( I plan to purchase a new one though! I know I haven't gained any weight because I didn't even pig out during Thanksgiving or Christmas, haven't binged, and my clothes are slightly loose. :carrot:

However, I have NOT been exercising which is absolutely ESSENTIAL to my body letting go of the weight.

Here's to a New Year! :carrot:

JellyBelly1908
10-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Blah. :(

mackinac19
10-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi Jelly,

I read the thread and was rooting for you - does 'blah' mean you're back and ready to start again? You can do it! But maybe you should try a different plan (instead of Fat Smashers) just to change things up?

Heather

Missie Marie
11-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Hello everyone, Today is day 1 for me... i will report after my 9 days to let everyone know how it worked for me!! Happy smashing!! :dizzy:

mamasanchez09
11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
whats this diet yall are talkin about is it safe for a woman who breastfeeds sorry tmi i know im just lookin for something that i can start because i want to lose weight and im just startin out :)