Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/150

Height: 5'7 1/2

Unhappy Running Injuries

Those of you who have had running injuries in the past, how long was it before you got back in the saddle? Also what did you do until you could run again?

I just sprained my ankle and want to keep in shape as soon as I get the go ahead, but I think running is out of the picture for the next 4 weeks. I was just starting to really love it, too...
LeedaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #2  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

I got hurt last week and I doubt I am ready as of tomorrow but I am going to walk and see. Whatever the doctor says though (for you and me both).

Sucks to be us
cakses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:44 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I had a stress fracture and was out of running for 6 weeks. I basically did pool running (the single most boring exercise I have ever done) and was able to pick up my biking some.

Good luck with your ankle. Just make sure you take enough time to let it heal, so that you can run again.

Anne
AnneWonders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 PM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I twisted my ankle once and had to limp home. I stayed off it for a couple of days then just tried walking and trotted a little at a time to build up to it. I've had minor injuries, such as blisters and stuff. If they were really bad, I'd give them enough time to heal well enough that a bandaid could cushin them further to allow me to continue. Just do what feels right. If it still hurts, don't do anything that adds to the hurt. If walking moderately doesn't make it hurt any worse, start there. If it DOES make it hurt worse, I'd even refrain from the walking. Try walking in a pool or something, to help support you more and take some of the weight off the foot. But you may ultimately have to do upper body or something until you can walk, and then run, on it without it causing pain.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote