Old 08-26-2007, 02:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/230.6/216

Height: 5'4"

Default Oh so sick from sugar!

Are there foods that make you guys sick now that you had no problem eating before?

Ugh, I've been avoiding sugary foods as much as possible in the last ohh.. about 40 days. It's just not something I eat anymore now that I'm working on losing this weight.

However this weekend was my mom's birthday, so I'm at her place and there's cake and ice cream. I had cake. I had ice cream. I had so much sugar. It was a bad day for me, food wise.

Now I'm regretting it. And not just because I feel guilty. Oh my goodness, my stomach just isn't tolerating it well anymore. I must have broken my body of it's being used to high sugar foods and now it's angry at me!

Maybe this binge was a blessing in disguise?I don't think I'm going to be eating like that again for a loooonnnggg time! Forget the long term repercussions of the bad eating, it's not even worth it in the short term anymore.

Ugggghhhhh
Gretchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:10 AM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Butter. DH and I have had virtually zero butter since January. When we went to my IL's last week we discovered they cook everything in butter. Our systems are still clearing out, but we were both really sick all week last week.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Fried food, sugar and diet soda.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:56 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

fried or greasy food from anywhere (it's now gotten to the point that I don't enjoy eating out at all even if I make adjustments like getting it grilled), sugar, alcohol,coke, and butter.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'7

Regular pop, icing on cake....I scrap 3/4 off cause its too sugary

Last edited by Rhighlan86; 08-26-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: add
Rhighlan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's fatty foods that do it for me. I went on vacation in Florida and I spent half of it having horrible digestive issues because we were eating out so much and I wasn't watching what I was eating. I was bloated all the time and in general felt bad - when I got home I found I'd put on 17 lbs (in 11 days!), 14 of which was just water weight that I lost within a week from all the salty/greasy/fried foods.

It really makes me wonder what I was doing to myself by eating that way on a regular basis before.
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 03:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

Fatty foods. I indulged in some chicken strips at my parents' house, then felt almost too bloated to enjoy playing with my kids outside. My sister asked me if I really got sick from eating that way. When I thought about it, I realized that it's ALWAYS made me sick to eat that way - I was just used to it before.
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:39 PM   #8  
Bikini Season :)

im right there with you! i tried birthday cake and my stomach hurt sooo bad~! now i just need that to work for fast food...
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 225/145/145

FRIED FOOD! I just can't handle it anymore. We went to a party last weekend and I had some fried chicken - it tasted so greasy to me and then my stomach hurt all night. I've also noticed that I can't really eat really sweet stuff anymore. It doesn't upset my stomach, but it just doesn't taste as good as it did before.
tingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

Grease. I have to be careful when we go out to eat now, because I'll need a bathroom break (and not to tinkle!) within 30 minutes of something greasy.

I'm getting that way with sugar too. Makes my tummy unhappy.
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 11''

Fast food. About 3 weeks ago I went crazy at Burger King. Had a bacon double cheeseburger and med fry. I felt like C*ap and felt guilty! My stomach wasnt right until the next day. I just hope I remember that feeling so I dont do it again.
Ericah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 247.8/200/145

Fried foods for me too! I also got very ill from eating a Snicker's bar. Thats what I get for cheating!
gilligan473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 AM   #13  
Bikini Season :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieDawn View Post
My sister asked me if I really got sick from eating that way. When I thought about it, I realized that it's ALWAYS made me sick to eat that way - I was just used to it before.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYES

its so nice to hear someone else say that!!

i *always* feel "chubby" after eating. my belly is always distended! my face always feels puffier. i always get sluggish and trudge to the bedroom for my sweatpants!!!

its a lot for me to remember that this is not a normal reaction to food!

im working hard to think about food as just something to fuel my body and not a comforting/entertaining/fun/recreational thing to do! esp when its food that has been PROVEN to be terrible for you!!

i can eat all the fruit, crackers, cheese, veggies, lean protien in the world and i never feel gross. give me a cheeseburger and i'll stay in for the night because my stomach is protruding.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #14  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hm. Maybe we need to redefine "food?" I can say I no longer consider KFC to be food, for example. I don't know what it is, but it ain't food.
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:28 PM   #15  
Nicole

S/C/G: 261/226/140

Totally agree, Shellie!

For me, it's anything deep-fried. My parents stayed with me over the weekend and bought some fish and chips from the shop at the end of my street. Before, I used to buy dinner there at least once (and quite often more than once ) a week. On Friday it tasted absolutely foul and I was quite literally retching afterwards.
nicolen is offline   Reply With Quote