Carb Counters - No wonder it didn't taste right...

BradH
08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
So I've been buying those Lipton teas lately, mainly the green teas. The diet ones are pretty good, and aspartame agrees with me (stay fully in ketosis).

I had tried their White Tea in the past, but didn't like it as much as the others. However I wanted a little variety, so picked one up. I went through a full 1.5L bottle of it slowly over the day today between glasses of water.

I still didn't like it as much as the others, and I thought it tasted a bit odd--but I remember it tasting a bit odd before.

I looked at the bottle again in the trash. No diet label on it.

Oops.

AARRRGH!

That's only about 60g over budget for today....

Leenie
08-26-2007, 07:40 AM
Ohh nooo... don'tcha hate when that happens. I can't tell you how many times I grabbed the wrong item... maybe someone's trying to tell us to SLOW DOWN ;) :lol3:

aud
08-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Grrrrrrrrr . . . That's happened to me too!!:mad:

I was hungover and think it was some kind of "Replenishing Water" or "Detoxifying Water" in a glass bottle? I was looking thru the convenience store case with my blurred headachy vision when it jumped out at me as something my body may be screaming for!!!:dizzy: The label said something like "4 carbs" . . . . I thought it tasted too sugary by the third gulp . . . put my bifocals on and then saw that the bottle was considered 3-4 servings!!!!:mad::mad:

Ahhhhhhhh, such TREACHERY!!!!:devil:

(I think it did help my Tylenol activate tho'!!!;))

Bouncing
08-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Mine was pita bread. I was willing to spend 15g on it so I could have a tuna salad sandwich, found out afterwards that a serving is only half a pita, and I'd just had 30g. That's like those 1.5-oz bags of chips that say "New larger package*" where the footnote says "compared to 1 oz. pkg" which never actually existed -- the old pkg wqas 2 oz. Then you look at the back, and the serving size is like 2 chips, since they claim there are 4 servings in that teeny bag. Of course now I don't care anymore, since chips are just not something that seems like food to me now. Was a time, though...

BradH
08-30-2007, 04:07 AM
The big thing I've been catching lately are the other brand diet teas that have 2-4g per 8oz serving. It sounds like they live up to their labels and really do have real fruit juice added.

Looking back now, I realize I actually had a small glass of that stuff the night before, and that's probably why I woke up with a headache that day.

I've been avoiding HFCS for so long I'd forgotten how much I hated it.

slimmingsi
09-02-2007, 04:18 PM
Hi brad great to find another dude online we are like gold dust i'm telling you. i notice you been a emember for 4 years like me i'm suprised i've never come across you before.

i'm starting to atkins again last time failed as i'm a crap cook and the food got dull. however in the last 4 years or so my cooking has greatly improved and i'm sad to say the range of dishes has expanded with almost perfect corrolation to my waist line. but now i can do atkins with much much better daily dishes not just bacon and eggs

BradH
09-05-2007, 02:51 AM
Heya bud! Yeah, when I finally got back around here on 3FC I noticed the male population had finally climbed a bit!

I started back then, just before my 25th bday. I managed to lose about 75 lbs over a few months. Of course real life got the best of me, my company got bought out and next thing you know I'm living halfway across the country at a new job. I was an idiot and didn't exercise the first time around and went back to old habits and regained about 60 lbs of that.

Fortunately, things have stabilized, and before I even got back onto Atkins I got the exercise started first. Walking a few miles a week and lifting weights for now.

I didn't cook much before I moved away from college, and I ended up in full apartments on campus, so had a kitchen. I actually got into it back then and between that and the exercise I got back then I had lost weight for a while.

Nowadays I'm back cooking again and once again much improved. My latest kick has been boneless skinless chicken breasts with veggies and a different seasoning combo each day cooked in a foil packet in the oven. Comes out perfect every time, and I can get them ready beforehand.

slimmingsi
09-06-2007, 06:12 PM
my current fav is grilled skinless boneless chicken breast you cook so its slightly under don in the middle cut in half like a pita bread fold the top back then pack with mozerella cheese put the top down and cook till finish! wow calories happiness in a chicken wrap served with olive and feta salad with alittle home made mustard sauce heaven!