Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-25-2007, 01:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/183/121?

Height: 5' 4"

Default When do you think you'll *feel* skinny?

For those who still have lots to lose (or those that already went through this), when do you think you'll feel skinny/fit/shapely?

I know I'll feel skinny and under control when 1) I can fit into all my size 14 pants, 2) my *** looks good, and 3) my collarbones are obvious.

I look good in a fourteen. Overweight, but healthy. It's the highest I can go without looking or *feeling* big.

I've always had to work work work in order to have a nice butt. When it's high and shapely and looks good in pants, then I know I have been exercising and am fit and healthy. Then I'll work harder till all my 14s are too big, and so on.

I don't remember seeing my collarbones in high school or my early 20s, when I wasn't even overweight. When I can see them again, I'll feel satisfaction.

What are your markers of success? Pull-ups? Size 4 shorts? Walking comfortably in heels?
swiminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:53 AM   #2  
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

my markers of success will be sitting down without belly rolls, crossing my legs above the knee, and having a perky ***
MangoKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 04:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I hoop dance for exercise, and I I will feel skinny when my entire mid section is strong enough not to be bruised everytime I hoop. lol

I also am trying to get to a size 12UK (8-10 USA) because my fiance has promised me a puppy if I can maintain at that. And puppies make me happy and being happy makes me feel great. Sexy and alive. ^-^
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 315/156/135

Height: 5'7"

Well, first I thought that I would feel skinny when I didn't have to buy Plus Size clothing. That didn't happen. Then, I thought, when I'm under 200 I'll feel skinny. I hit that this week and still...no dice. Now I think, maybe if I were a size 8 I would feel skinny, but I'm stronly beginning to feel like I'll never be happy with myself.
Mom2QJandT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:50 AM   #5  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

i dont think i'll feel feel skinny, becuase i dont think i'll ever reach my goal....however i neveer thought that i would get to the weight i am now so only time will tell
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 229('06)/214/see ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

For me it's fitting into a size 8 or 10, probably just under 160 or so. That's the lowest weight I've been in my adult life and I remember at the time that I felt 'average'. Or walking into a store and having to try on clothes not knowing whether the M or the L will fit. Now I just grab the largest possible size the store offers and hope for the best.
lavidasofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #7  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

When I get dressed at home, I don't recognize how much thinner I am now than I used to be. It's when I catch a glimpse of myself in a store window or mirror that I recognize myself now as thin. Sometimes when I'm feeling down about my weight I'll put on my old size 20 jeans to help my head catch up with my body image.
As for my measures of success. I feel successful since my scale is never more than 5 lbs. above or below my goal weight. It also means success to me that I can wear all my clothes from last summer when I first reached my goal weight.

No matter what though, I don't think of myself as "skinny". That would require me weighing about 120's lbs. vs. 140's. I think of myself as being at a healthy weight which is where I prefer to be.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #8  
Failure Is Not An Option

S/C/G: 250/145/138

Height: 5ft6

i've been forcing myself to slowly replace the fat clothes with smaller ones so i have no crutch to hang onto. When i can slip into my 8 jeans and button them, i'll start to feel thin again.
thinnythighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

My goal has never been to be skinny. (Think about what the word means.) Like Lilybelle, my goal is to be a normal, healthy weight. I'm not there yet--still overweight--but I plan to get there!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 12:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

I started at 200, I felt "skinny" for the first time around 165. I had gone to an event in my new size 16 jeans (which were a little loose) and there were lots of cameras and tons of pictures posted online. I couldn't stop staring at myself in the pictures - I had cheekbones! I looked okay! For the first time in years, I actually liked myself in pictures, I was enchanted and more determined than ever.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:46 PM   #11  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

i plan on feeling 'skinny' when i can fit into UK size 8's (dunno US alternative) and i dont have any fat rolls and i cant hide a pencil in my flab! lol

of corse i am not doing this just about looks i am still young and at risk of becoming overweight so i would love to get right in the middle of that healthy range so i (hopefully) have less chance of gaining all the weight back wen i hit middle ages or anytime really!

*but to look slim and toned would also be very nice... so i am not turning that part down
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I'll feel "skinny" when I can wrap my arms around my stomach and rest my hands comfortably on my sides.
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 162/152/122

Skinny is such a bizarre concept in our media driven age. I can actually fit in skinny jeans and look great in them (Dolce & Gabbana make for a great goal gift!!!), but do I feel skinny? No. Even small, I am 36 and not super toned and I think that is the issue. Can I be super toned at this age with a more than full time job and 100s of interests? Who knows, but I'll keep trying! anyone with advice... please let me know!

sunspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:04 PM   #14  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 165/142/123

I used to want to be "skinny" but lately ive decided thats not what i want. I LIKE my curves, and i want to keep them. I dont want to be uber small. i just want to be not big. does that make sense.
I will feel skinny when i can be comfortable (and decent looking; and not super self-consious) in a tank top and shorts.
100percentME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #15  
I'll think of something

Height: 5'1"

I think I'd feel skinny at 100 pounds.
marlu is offline   Reply With Quote