Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 06:03 AM   #1  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Default 30 Something Chat: TGIFriday August 24

Up early, decided to post before jumping in the shower.

Have a good day, everyone.

:Lawrence
Old 08-24-2007, 07:17 AM   #2  

Good Morning Lawrence and all.

I am sooo bummed. I got a new scale last night and weighed in 2.6 lbs heavier. GRRRR! I wont let it get be too upset though. I just dont want it to mess up all the data I put into fitday.

Good News though I tracked my fit flops and they will be here today (I went for overnight shipping cuz summer here is almost over). Will let you all know if they live up to the hipe.

C-ya lata,

Laurie
Old 08-24-2007, 08:26 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Roo: I am so glad to see you on here. How have you been? I am not taking "Oh I don't feel like telling anyone blah blah blah" I know all of us have missed you, what's been going on there buddy.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:28 AM   #4  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone -

I got up this morning and decided to try on that new pair of jeans I bought that were too small last year -- and they not only fit, but they are a little loose. What a fantastic feeling. This is working afterall. Yippy! And it's Friday, we close on the refinance of our house today. Could the day get any better???????

Angie
Old 08-24-2007, 09:40 AM   #5  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Roo: I am so glad to see you on here. How have you been? I am not taking "Oh I don't feel like telling anyone blah blah blah" I know all of us have missed you, what's been going on there buddy.
Not a whole lot. I lead the worlds most boring life.

I have my ups and downs with motivation to weight loss. Mostly downs which leads to a lot of not trying/not caring anymore. Which is frustrating - but it's easier to not care than to try and fail.

My mood has been - at best - indifferent. (And, no, I am not going to see a therapist. ) This - of course - does not help in drumming up motivation to succeed in other things - like the difficult task of weight loss. Especially in a person who is prone to "eat to feel better" like I am.

I've got my groove on at work today. I have motivation - for the first time in weeks - to take the bull by the horn and try and make it work. However, it feels like I'm walking uphill in a hurricane, in the mud, against the wind. Eventually my strength is going to falter, so unless I can feel like I'm making headway (and I'm already feeling my feet start to slip), I might be in trouble. And I think this may be the last time I try because after this, I think I'm going to seriously start to look for work elsewhere. I hate the thought of moving, but it might be time to get out before I snap.

So, that's me. Sorry you asked yet?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

just a quick note to say hi!
I am on my way out, it is going to be a loooonnnnggggg day! lots of things to do and I have a meeting with the hospital, and on my outlook it just pop up I should go out to the knitting shop, the lady that always helps me is having a birthday and the owner is catering food for all of us who have been coming to the shop on Fridays (we have a little group that meets there from 10 to 2) and we come and go I have to go even if just to say hi I already got her a gift card for a tea shop she loves accross the street.

I got to go or Sean will be late!

See you all later.

Hanna
Old 08-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #7  
sheila

Roo: Sounds to me like you are stressed to the MAX there bud!
I wish telling you a massage and beer would cheer ya up but it won't. Can you communte at all or is it so far out of the way? Life is too short to be unhappy. As far as the weight loss, I am the same way some people eat to live well I do that oh 3 months out of the year the rest of the time it is comfort food. I am a total stress eater so i joined weight watchers again because of things, we will see.

Take a deep breathe Roo we are all in this together!!
Old 08-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Roo- I feel the same way.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...nothing really exciting..more of a let down...today we were suppose to get the new a/c unit for the upstairs...well needless to say...the guy that came out to do the estimate a few weeks back didn't communicate with the crew well...today they showed up and said that what the first guy told us could be done, can't be done (the unit in the attic). So they can't place the upstairs unit today. They did "recharge" it...and are placing the new downstairs unit...but we'll see how long the upstairs unit holds its charge. And hopefully we aren't contributing to anymore holes in the ozone with leaking freon????? They are checking to see if they have an opening on tuesday if not it won't be til after labor day. Sort of sucks though since that means i'm stuck at the house all day when they are here a second time. oh well hopefully we'll get this crap figured out.

hannah - you sound much better these days. It seems as if you are more cheerful. I think getting sean in a day hospital is really helping...i never knew how you could do all that you do. You are an unbelievably strong person.

roo - glad to see you back...we don't care what your mood is...just glad your around
sheila - hey there my espresso loving friend.
laurie- don't worry about the weight difference in the new scale..i know its frustrating...but just adjust the weight and keep trucking...you are doing so well
angie...woohoooo congrats on the weight loss!!!!!!!! good for you. doesn't that feel great!!!! i need to get more motivated to do more exercise and really track my eating...i did loose a pound last week..but prior to that i've been a bit of a slacker!
hey to all else i missed...wish the a/c guys would finish the downstairs unit soon. I have some bday money my parents sent me and would like to go buy a few new shirts (i figured shirts are an easy bet...even if i loose some weight...i pretty much stay the same size in shirts due to my shoulders...and i can always get the shirts altered in if i really love them that much)
have a wonderful day...its gonna be another one in the 100's here in Hotlanta. Ugghs def a day for indoor activities.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #10  
sheila

GG: How was the birthday???????????????

Oh the espresso machine LOVE IT
Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

the bday was great...dh made me killer margarita prior to dinner....we went to Bahama breeze and split the paella and then split a yummie chocolate (not so good for the diet but oh so worth it) desert and then came chilled and had a little fun if you know what i mean . but overall it was a great bday (after the crappy work day).
Old 08-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Kar, we here in northern ohio are to have temps in the upper 90's and heat index ~ well hotter than that (lol). It is supposed to be verry humid too. Have you seen the news about areas in NW Ohio. I was born in Findlay, and still have family living there. It was pretty horrible. Thanks for asking about the job interview ~ I haven't heard any good new, however I haven't heard any bad news either.

GG, mmmmm Bahama Breeze. My mouth is watering. The closest one that I know of is in the Cleveland area, on the other side of the state. I am glad that you had a GOOD B-Day evening.

Lisa.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:55 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey everybody ~

TGIF. My 9 year old son rolled out of bed this morning stating this:-).

Roo ~ we love having you join us! You've got a wicked sense of humor and we miss you when you don't post on a regular basis. Hang in there dude.

Laurie ~ I'm curious about the flip flops... Not to mention a tad skeptical... I love flip flops but don't think that they're really good for my feet??? Let me know what you think.

Angie ~ excellent! Such a sweet feeling to fit into old jeans again:-).

Hanna ~ you sound like the sweetest, most thoughtful person. I'm so glad that things are looking up for you and your family.

Sheila ~ how's it going with WW this week? Hey, just realized that we haven't heard from KAR this morning... maybe she's too worn out to post;-).

Big John ~ hang in there dude. Any weekend plans?

GG ~ sorry about the a.c.:-(. That is a bummer. It's been really hot here and I'm so thankful to have air conditioning. Sure makes sleeping a whole lot more enjoyable. Must have been something in the air last night and DH and I had some seriously good fun last night also:-).

Ok kids, here is the deal... I need a SERIOUS kick in the CAN today!!! I've been doing great with my morning exercise but then started feeling puny a few days ago. I took two mornings off. No big deal as my body obviously needed a rest. So, today is Day #3 w/o exercise and I have NO EXCUSES other than not wanting to get up early. I'm worried (based on past experience) that I won't jump right back into this. Please, please, please pray the rosary, do an Indian raindance, light candles, drink frog semen, whatever!!! that I will get my butt out of bed in the morning and exercise!!!!

Hugs to all ~ Joan
Old 08-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi Lisa ~ we must have posted at the same time. I've never been to Bahama Breeze or the Cheesecake Factory... Sounds yummy! Have a good weekend.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #15  
sheila

Joan: You make me laugh! She might be "A little Tied Up"!
Closed Thread