Old 08-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #1  

Default Five things I need to do today to succeed

Okay, I've been pretty off track lately and tomorrow is my "get your head in the game" day!!

So, five things I need to do tomorrow to succeed:
1. Follow the diet my nutritionist gave me -- to the letter (every little slip is one step closer to failure). I have my grocery list all made out and her menu on the fridge.

2. Get my exercise EVERY DAY -- no matter how small. I kept putting it off "until the kids go back to school", I was going to bring my treadmill upstairs then and get to work. But, we have been playing baseball/soccer every night the last three or four nights, so that is good too!!!

3. Stop making excuses and stick with the program -- there are no good reasons to not lose weight and so many reasons why I should.

4. Tackle one "tough job" every day. I've been so overwhelmed with work, the house and the kid's stuff lately, it makes me loss control of my eating too. It's time to break it down to a few things at a time and get caught up.

5. Stand up for myself, become the person I want to be and stop hiding behind my "stuffing". I'm tired of not being myself because I've lost my self esteem -- time to build it back up -- who knows, by the time I lose all my weight, maybe I'll go from the "timid" friend to the "over the top" girl everyone wants to hang out with!!!
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Looks like a great list. The most important to me would be to get the exercise in. When I've exercised I feel like I've done the hardest part and don't want to screw it up by eating off plan.

Good luck!
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:27 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Good topic, and very timely for me. I've already done some of these today and some are yet to be done. My 5 things I need to do today to succeed:

1) Clean out the left-over junk food from vacation

2) Cook a healthy dinner for a good start to the day (I live on graveyard, dinner is my first meal of the day)

3) Clean the kitchen so I can cook and plan better

4) Exercise, maybe try my new WATP DVD

5) Forgive myself for the last few weeks and move on. Remember that living my life looking back is no way to live.
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

Great lists, both of those! Gale, forgiving yourself is SO essential to making it all work long term. Before I started this journey, I believed that successful weight controllers were those who were 100% faithful to their diets 100% of the time, and that screwed me up countless times, as I found it impossible to do that for more than a week or two. And Shelby, I especially agree that it's so important to start "right now," even when I can find a reason why I need to wait.

Sounds like you've both got great plans. Good luck, and keep us posted on how successful the plans were!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote