General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #1  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Exclamation I Am Fed Up, I Quit!!!

I quit trying to justify working for a company that doesnt invest in you as an "employee"!!! I have been over and over it in my head to many times!

Well as you know I had accepted a position with Aflac. Well the more people I talk to and more I think about it, I can NOT accept it. I do not like that they do not bear any of the risk involved in hiring you as an "employee". Seems that you are taking 100% risk to sell thier product. I can not do that. So I let them know today that I cant and will not accept the position! I appologized for any trouble I may have caused for delaying my choice.

BUT, on a higher, MUCH HIGHER, note....

I sent my resume to a company this week Monday, and by Tuesday the manager of the site was calling me to set up an interview for last night. It went well!!!! This is a much better company, been around over 100 yrs, and have a GREAT emplyment record for employees staying for over 10 yrs on average. Read below to see what happened:

I had an appointment at 4:45, I got there at 4:20 to fill out the app and take the test. I was done with 5 minutes to spare. The manager had an interview at 4pm and he was done by 4:35! So I figured it would be pretty quick through the interview. Well, it was 6pm before I left and we went in his office at 4:40! So that was good. We had a nice talk and he let me ask all the questions I wanted, he didnt rush or anything. He also told me that there were A LOT of applicants, but they only interviewed 18. They are going to call back 4-5 for a second interview and I should know on that by tomorrow!!! I am excited. He talked to me about the pay and benefits, I have never gotten that info on a first interview, so that was a promising sign. I think typically they save that for the candidates that they feel have a GOOD chance of being offered the position, since that is supposed to be "privilidged" info. He went through how the training works and that he wants someone to start about the 14th of Sept, which would be good as long as I hear about it by next week Friday so I can give my 2 full weeks notice, I dont want hard feelings where I am at now. BUT OMG girls! The pay/benefits would almost (but not quite) TRIPLE my income! Please wish me luck I really want this job, this would be a super step for me and my family! I dont know how I will last until tomorrow to hear, and then if I get the second interview, how will I last all weekend until Tuesday when they do them. I mean the manager and I had great "chemistry" during the interview (nothing sexual, just got along well)....Oh sorry for rambling!!!!!! And there is super advancement potential since the manager said he loves the company but will be transfering within a few years.

Last edited by StillTryin; 08-23-2007 at 02:22 PM.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/189/156

Height: 5'10"

Good Luck! I wish you the best in your new job journey!
aymster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:23 PM   #3  
Smoochie's Girl

S/C/G: 262/170/140

Height: 5'8"

Way to go!!!! Sounds VERY promising.....I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!! Gotta love that triple income.....

Good luck and let us know.
Janny O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/252/165

Height: 5 ft 4"

Sending lots of cross fingers/toes and lots of luck!! Really hope you get it!! Let us know what happens!!
pigginpodgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 02:24 PM   #5  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:01 PM   #6  
No more excuses!

S/C/G: 141 / 136 / 120

Height: 5"3

wish you luck!!! i hope you get it, please let us know!!
TurboLeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #7  
Gettin Closer!!

OH I WILL, I am soooo excited, but I am trying to NOT be soooo excited, incase I dont get it...but what do you all think about what happened? I know it "sounded" good to me, but what are your opinions? Have any of you been in a 1st of 2 interviews where they disclose pay/benefits and then NOT gotten to the 2nd interview? Let me know please, I am soooo dying here.....

Oh and YES I am loving the TRIPLE income thing!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:45 PM   #8  

Default Good and Bad

About 5 years ago I applied for a job and to this day, I still believe I had the job in that interview. The interviewer was saying "We'll need you in NC on Sept. 12, and then are you available for this conference on October 10? etc, etc. I was positive, available and upbeat about everything. She told me salary, details of who I would be working with, everything. She said she would call on the following Monday. No call. I called her to learn she had hired someone else. I was devastated. 4 years later another opening became available for the same position in the company (with the same person doing the hiring). I learned the back story of what had happened. After my interview, one of her friends applied. It was a last minute thing. But now I see how it really did work out fantastically that I didn't get the job until the second time around. I would have had to work with some very difficult people if I had gotten the first job.

I wish I hadn't beaten myself up for months over my disappointment and wondering what I had done wrong. It wasn't about me at all.

I'm not a person who believes necessarily that everything works out for the best and is all part of a plan. I think we make out of it what we will.

I hope if it is truly the right job for you that you get it. I LOVE my job.
WeighToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:08 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Still praying for you dear!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:55 AM   #10  
Gettin Closer!!

weightogo, thanks for that insight....and you are 100% right, if it is the right time then it will happen.

Well today is the day I am supposed to hear about the second interview!!! Keep your fingers crossed.