Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #1  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Question Ive stopped losing weight...advice

Well, a few days ago i posted about maybe not eating a lot of calories and then i was told that my 1000-1200 was simply not enough. I started eating better and including more protein and brought my cals to 1400-1500...a few days later and it seems as if im maintaining now as im just stuck on 12,13...maybe i should give it a few more days....but if i am stuck at this diet, the question is....MORE cals or LESS cals...i have also done measurements and no change...

help me....again
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 AM   #2  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

A few days time is really not enough to give something a chance to "work". I say hang in there and give it another week or so. No need to even think further at this point as to what to do in the future.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 AM   #3  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrobin View Post
A few days time is really not enough to give something a chance to "work". I say hang in there and give it another week or so. No need to even think further at this point as to what to do in the future.
I agree with rockinrobin give it at least 2 weeks to see if it continues to maintain there or not. If after then you are still maintaining it can be reevaluated.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #4  

ok then. i really dont know how i lost all the weight before, i did it without it watching calories, i just basically ate less. its just so much harder now to lose weight than before. At least im not gaining weight...i dont ever ever ever ever ever wanna see the 13 stones again ever
Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 AM   #5  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey Mark!

I agree that you should give it 2 weeks' time to work. But also, if your calories go way up on one day, that can stall weight loss even if your other days make the average come out 1400-1500. So, try to be consistent with it.

Also, maybe increase your physical activity. Take longer walks or whatever you do.

If after 2 weeks there's no change, then try 1300-1400?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:18 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/132/135

Height: 5' 7"

Mark, I just have to say give it time and comment that your pics look incredible. Really. You are a great looking young man. What do your friends have to say about your transformation?
Pam
MileHighMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Slow down, tiger! Give your body a chance! Sometimes it can take a while for your body to adjust to the higher calorie intake and to get back to losing. I will say though that someone of your age and height should not gain weight on 1400-1500 calories a day (unless there's something wrong with your metabolism), but it may take a couple of weeks for your body to catch up and start losing again.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 AM   #8  
I restore Teeth.

mark, I think a lot of us anticipate seeing the change quickly because everyone has been so careful in measuring numbers and such that they forget our bodies do not work to its immediate conditions when it comes to food intake. I think if you give yourself some peace of mind and just pretend like your new diet regimen is your new "lifetsyle", then you would probably have an easier time letting the time pass without the concern
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #9  
I restore Teeth.

i must add, as I think our weight loss veterans like Meg or Robin have said before- patience really is a key and its something we all learn from this journey. Our bodies took a while to develop to our size, so it will take time for it to get down to the size you expect, taking little breaks and naps in between starting point A to maintenance point B. On one hand, while weight loss is slow, we get to learn how to be patient and appreciate it more in the long run when we look back. And we won't sabotage ourselves knowing that it took a decent amount of time!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I'm going to jump on the "give it time!" bandwagon, too.

If, in a couple of weeks, you're still stalled, make some changes. More exercise, or even a small shift down to 1300-1400cal/day might do it or a tweak in what food makes up your calories.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:25 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiMama View Post
Mark, I just have to say give it time and comment that your pics look incredible. Really. You are a great looking young man. What do your friends have to say about your transformation?
Pam

thank u... erm well most of the friends that i hang about with now havent really known me at my heaviest (in the pics) but i slowly lost weight when i started university...my old friends have really noticed the difference and ill see my university friends when i start back at univeristy... ive had a few comments saying that ive lost weight...thats about it...im not sure if i look that much different than when i left...im only about 6/7 pounds lighter than when i left really so we'll see
Old 08-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #12  

and thanks everyone for the advice, i couldnt do this thing without you all!! id have given up about 5 times already lol!! you really have no idea how amazing you all are!!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #13  
A Work In PROGRESS

S/C/G: 128/see ticker/116

well i was just about to post a thread like this but i might aswell say it here.... ive been at 121lbs for 2 weeks now and refuse to enter my weekly diet book coz its not good enough just satying the same... is it a plateu? (spelling?!?) or do you have to loose more than 11lbs before you hit one? i usually have been loosing 2lbs a week so i am seriously stressing! help!!!!
FlabbyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:35 PM   #14  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlabbyHarry View Post
well i was just about to post a thread like this but i might aswell say it here.... ive been at 121lbs for 2 weeks now and refuse to enter my weekly diet book coz its not good enough just satying the same... is it a plateu? (spelling?!?) or do you have to loose more than 11lbs before you hit one? i usually have been loosing 2lbs a week so i am seriously stressing! help!!!!
It really depends on persont o person- there's no set characteristic of the profiler about to undergo a plateau. It happens like a car accident, random, anytime, anywhere, no matter how careful you might be.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #15  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Hey Harry,

You're normal weight now, so losing may be harder for you. How many calories do you eat per day, average? and how much exercise/activity do you get?

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote