Old 08-23-2007, 05:31 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something Chat Thursday Aug 23

I am Back!!! I had guest visiting from Belgium sooo have been having fun!!! My daughter and her daughter had a blast--(her child speaks no ENglish-but no one cared)!!
Helllooooo to everyone!! Off to work!!! I am taking K to see the Wiggles at 3pm and then as a joke, bid $25 for 3 first row seats for tonights show--and won that auction on Ebay so DH will take us again tonight(The shame is I paid $90 for the 2 tickets for the early show and worse seats...I just love Ebay!!!
Have a great one!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:59 AM   #2  

I am flying high. Lost Another pound this morning. Tonight is the tasting though so I will have to be soo careful not to gain it back. I have been really good with wine just a couple of glasses a week. It is really hard to own a wine shop and be on a diet. I have vendors trying me (1-2 oz at a time) and wine we love and want a glass of. So I cant just go cold turkey. I think I am being good though and I am putting the calories in fitday and am still in range.

RR: Sooo cool about the tix. My daughter was sooo into the wiggles a few years ago and we took her. She loved it. Was dancing and singing for weeks. I was a stay at home mom (ran a biz from home) and my Dh traveled all the time. It so funny but I knew I needed to get out more when I started to think Anthony was looking pretty hot. hehehe
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #3  
KAR

Morning All,
RR glad that you were off having fun with your friend and her family. We were worried about you. Enjoy your Wiggles shows today.
Well I spent time with the dh last night and all our close friends. I am very tired today since we didn't get home until 2. They don't seem to think anything of me having to go back to school and get my room ready. So I didn't sleep well last night since being so tired. Plus dh got mad at me and told me to sleep in his boys' bed. Don't know what bug crawled up his hindy. Thought I would set my alarm clock. Set the time to get up but didn't push the button to turn on the alarm. So I was fifteen minutes late getting up.
Hope you all have a wonderful day! I will check back in with you all later.
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome back RR. Have fun with the kids tonight
congrats laurie good job. I don't think i could have such good will power when it comes to wine...good for you
I lost a pound this week too. YAY! i was hoping for more...but glad at least i lost.
alright all...got to run
Patricia(:
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:26 AM   #5  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

RR: Glad to see you are back. I want to know "did you cook anything different?" I just love tasting food from other countries as long as it isn't choc covered spiders or something like that. Any neat customs you might incorporate into your life? I am jealous have fun at the wiggles!!

Laurie: I am not really great on the wine thing i do enjoy it alot. I have yet to find one I really like. Any suggetions? I like both white and red. white I probably favor more. good job on the weight loss

Kerry: what is the deal with sleeping in the boys room. hmmm I would do the same sometime for him also! hahaha. Good luck today being all tired.

GG:Great job on the weight loss!!

Not much going on here. I just can't figure out what my deal is why I am soooo tired in the mornings. I am sure it is the weather and starting of the change of season. Hey everyone has anyone tried the wall flowers from slakin co. I guess it is going to be on QVC sat. Just wondering I use them from Bath and Body works but these claim to give out more scent.
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:24 AM   #6  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hi Everyone!!!

Enjoy the wiggles RR - my daughter is totally into the Backyardigans right now, I would say I can handle them better than Barney.

I am down more -- I get to update my ticker. 17 pounds so far. Wah - hoo. Everyone have a great day!!

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All!

Cheery bunch this morning...

RR ~ two Wiggles shows?! I could take one but two??? You're a better mom than I am;-). LOL at Laurie's comment regarding Anthony. I can relate!!! The pirate dude used to look pretty good too... Enjoy with your sweet DD!

Laurie ~ I am *so* impressed that you've lost 10+ lbs. and you're around wine all day long...! I love wine. We're mainly red wine drinkers but I do love a nice crisp white on a summer or early fall evening. I'm with Sheila ~ some good suggestions???

Hi Kerry ~ have fun setting up your new digs today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What # is this?

Sheila ~ I don't know what these wall flower things are? I gather you stick them on the wall and they have a scent? Ever tried the ones that you hang up from Yankee Candle Co? Whew, they are wayyyyy too strong.

Angie ~ it's good to see you! You were having a hard time getting your exercise in, right? Looks like something is working for you if you're now down 17 pounds. Excellent!!

LAUREN... I'm thinking of YOU today!! Best of luck your closing!!!

Take care everyone. My little buddy and I are off to run errands.

Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:53 AM   #8  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hi Joan -

I am still having trouble with the excercise, I am just grateful that I am still losing (slowly as it is). Hopefully this will motivate me even more to get the work outs in and make that scale drop a little faster. It's really not even a "diet", just changing my lifestyle and not eating as much junk or quantity that I used to. Seems to be working - I hope it continues.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Angie ~ just had to respond real quick before I took off... I'm doing the same thing ~ this is not a diet ~ it's more about making smart choices and moving more. I wish that the weight would come off faster too ~ who wouldn't?!

Leslie is so cute ~ how old is she now?
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:29 AM   #10  

My all time favorite wine is Speri Amarone. It is rich and full of licorice, anise and black fruits and vanilla. This wine is really the best I have EVER had. It usually is kinda pricey usually about $60 or so and can be aged. I recently had a 1994 Amarone and it was gorgeous. I had an amarone dinner at this chefs house last year and we had it with goose and it was fabulous.

I usually save that for Christmas Eve dinner or Anniversaries something like that. I saved a bottle from each of my daughers years of birth to give them when they are 21.

More every day I Love Orvieto Amabile (imported by BIGI)This wine has some honey and pineapple but also has a real crispness. Goes with so many foods. I did find one really great pairing though. I take chicken tenders and pound them and soak them in pineapple juice , coat in egg beaters and then in food processed Fiber one cereal. Makes to die for chicken tenders.

or Valpolicella - you have to get a Ripasso (they soak this wine in the skins of Amarone and it is sometimes called a baby Amarone) I love Montresor. $19.99 Serve with Roast Chicken.

Marrietta Old Vine Red (a Zin) Soooo good. This is served in lots of tops steak houses and is just $17.99 here.

Big Fire Pinot Gris (from Oregon) This is a white. Crisp but with melon and vanilla. I like to serve this with a cheese stuffed chicken. I have made a rosemary chicken with laughing cow cheese wedges mixed with fresh herbs and it was very healthy delicious with this wine.

I dunno I have sooo many that I love. I used to carry lots of different things, some I wasnt fond of and now everything in my shop is something that I love. I usually pick smaller production wines from family owned vineyards. I love italian, french and spanish wines and. They actually offer lots of wines with a story and a history and have been made for centuries. There is a real romance to that.

OK..enuf...making myself crave a glass.

hehehe
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #11  
sheila

Laurie thanks I am actually going to print that off if it is ok I am going to billings in two weeks and the wines up there are cheaper $$ than here in want to be millionaire country.

You must be an amazing cook also. I am sure you have to test out meal with the wine considering you own a shop. Good idea!!
Old 08-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Laurie, have you tried any of the wines from northern Ohio. I know of at least 4 or 5 wineries alone. There is an island out in Lake Erie (Put-in-Bay) that has 2 or 3 itself. I don't drink myself, but I hear they are really good.

Happy Birthday GG. I hope you have a very enjoyable day (after work).

Lauren, congrats on the closing today. Have a good day. Hopefully the boys and you are feeling better?

RR, welcome back.

Karen, wow sounds like your kids have you hopping.

to everyone else.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #13  
KAR

Afternoon all,
Just a quick note before I take a long nap. My dh got up this morning when I was getting ready to walk out the door. His reply to me about sleeping in the boys room was that he needed his sleep. Hello who had to be up at a certain time and be at school by 9 this morning. If either one of us needed the sleep it was me. Since I had to unpack my classroom. I said whatever and walked out the door. Then he called me around 11:30 to see if I needed any help unpacking. Must have felt guilty. Asked me if I wanted to go to lunch with him. Met him at the local Chinese place for thier lunch buffet. Didn't talk much to him. He asked what was wrong. I said geez it couldn't be that I got kicked out of the bed I am use to and had to sleep somewhere else. He didn't have anything to say to that. But on a bright note, my classroom is all unpacked and things are put in their place for now. So now I just have to fixed up three bulletin boards up and do lesson plans and I will be set for the first day of school on Sept. 4th.
Shelia I think I will sleep in a bed by myself until he ask why I am doing that and my reply will be that I had to get my sleep.
Chat with everyone else when I am more awake. Have a great afternoon.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 08-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #14  
KAR

Happy Birthday Patrica! Hope you have a wonderful day! Any big plans for after work?
Old 08-23-2007, 01:24 PM   #15  
sheila

Kerry what was he worried about that You might climb up and take advantage of him?????????? I would make him squirm a bit