Support Groups - Plateau Burn You Out? Ready To Hit It Hard Again?

Pages : [1] 2

LadyLai
08-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi! :wave: This thread is dedicated to those of us who have been faced with nasty plateaus that have taken us outta of the game for a time. All the desire is still there but our motivation is struggling to keep us going. Well now, it's time to take all our energy outta feeling sorry and regretful and put it back into action. If this is your second (or third, fourth..fifth!) time around of making a go of it, you know exactly what struggles I'm talking about. Please come join and be ready to finally blast those pounds away with a little encouragement, support and perhaps some enlightenment to help you along your way!!

LadyLai
08-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Hi!

I joined 3FC with the highest intentions of losing 100lbs. and I made great head way (losing 57lbs.). BUT...it started slowing down when the things that used to work for me wasn't working anymore. And though I tried to continue the harder it became to push myself. It's hard to keep going when everyday you try and everyday you get disappointed. Before I knew it...all my negative self-talk and old comfort friends reared their ugly heads again. So, it's been a love/hate relationship between me and food this past while. I've had the greatest intentions to pick myself back up and kick butt, but then there was always something to come along to make a great, easy excuse. It's summer vacation...everyone around me is eating it..I can pick myself up tomorrow..yada..yada..yada.. Now this is it! No more excuses...time to "Wake UP" and to really make an effort..a serious effort. As serious as the first day I joined this support site. Woo Hoo!

Here's a link that offers some enlightenment regarding plateaus, it may give you a light bulb moment.

http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100096724

Take care and thanks for visiting!

jelynn
08-22-2007, 08:39 PM
Even though I can hardly call mine a plateau I *am* ready to hit hard again so am joining your thread!
Totally recommitting to make this next year count.
Congrats on your 2 lbs gone, Tina! We can do this :D

maryblu
08-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Mine is not a plateau, either; it is a full-on relapse......REGAINING 20 #s of an 80# loss and maintenance of 4 years, but I too, have had enough of the added weight. It just seems every day I choose the rewards of food over the rewards of being at an absolutely great weight for me........135#s, here I come. Count me in!! Thanks for the post, the boost, the oomph!!

RRVMMM
08-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Plateau/Relapse here. I haven't changed my ticker to show my true weight yet, but being honest the scales read 229 today, which is down a couple of pounds from the highest I have been since my relapse. The plateau started in December, and even though I have continued to eat healthy I did quit my exercising then threw in a "bad" day here and there and the scales started going back up. I started exercising again 2 weeks ago but have kept my "bad" days. I know its time to kick the "bad" day thing to the curb, but it is just so hard.

I really think this thread will be great for all of us. Thank you Tina for starting it.

LadyLai
08-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi, good morning all! I thought I'd start by telling something that I did today that I'm proud of myself for doing. **Hence the quote under my ticker** I got on my elliptical and burned 221 calories. I could only last 15 minutes, sheesh, you sure get out of shape really fast when you stop exercising! Another thing I'm rather proud of too, is that another pound has left for the "second time" hehe! I feel really spiked and excited about my attitude towards this. I think I can turn things around for the better! Yay! :carrot:

Emily, that's what it's all about. Just ready to hit it hard again. Recommitting ourselves! Thanks for the congrats BTW. :) You're so right, we can do this! Love your energy girl! ;)

Maryblu, first of all..congrats on that amazing loss! Maintaining for four years is awesome! Like you, I'm trying to turn things around NOW before I spoil all of my hard work with mindlessness. Time to take the reigns again and start steering our own wagon! Welcome! :carrot:

Robbin, I know once you start feeling in control again your bad days will become minimal. I know how hard it is, but if we can muster up a little bit of strength against negativity we'll slowly regain our will to make good of the days we're given. :hug:

I see a lot of great fat busting days ahead of us!

Have a great day ladies and here's to making every effort today to change our tomorrow!

meowee
08-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Hi there . . . :wave:

So good to see you back posting Tina . . . you've definitely been missed, Chickie.

My whole year has been one long plateau so far . . . actually I tend to refer to it as "inadvertently practicing maintenance". Whatever you want to call it, a twelve pound loss in almost 8 months does not exactly thrill me to bits. I know, I know . . . definitely better than what it could have been if I hadn't been at least half-way trying. :shrug:

Anyway . . . here's a good little article from Prevention Magazine that was in my e:mail this morning . . . thought you might all enjoy a read . . . http://www.prevention.com/cda/article/100-smartest-diet-tips-ever/36469c777f803110VgnVCM20000012281eac____/weight.loss/strategies.for.success/staying.motivated///6?cm_mmc=Spotlight-_-8242007-_-Weight%20Loss-_-100%20Smartest%20Diet%20Tips%20Ever

Have a great day everybody . . . see you again soon . . . :carrot:

RRVMMM
08-24-2007, 10:17 AM
Good morning ladies, hope everyone is doing good. I did slip up on food yesterday but I walked an extra half mile last night, not that it really did much cause the scales are up 3 pounds today but hey lets blame it on water weight and move on, I am sure they will be back down in no time and I am ready to kick this in the butt.

Have a good day.

staffingchick
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Hello! I am new to the boards....Tina thanks for telling me about this group! I am so confused....I am not losing weight, but people are still saying that I look like I have! I make the mistake of weighing myself daily....how often do you girls weigh in? I am just so impatient. I feel like I have been on point lately with my diet, and my family walk/jog nightly. Do you have any good tips for breaking the plateau? I'm excited to get it done for good this time! Good Luck girls!!

LadyLai
08-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Good morning ladies! It's nice to see some movement in our new thread! How exciting! I'm really so happy today for two reasons: 1) the scale dropped another two pounds and 2) I pushed myself an extra 5 minutes on the elliptical. Granted I did dropped the resistance down a notch..but hey I burned 53 more calories than yesterday! Woo Hoo!! :carrot:

Linda, Hi! Thanks for missing little ol' me. :o I missed it here too. You seem to be riding the same wave I was on. Little to no movement for an extended amount of time. Sad to say it broke me this summer and I lost myself. Now I am paying for it, but hey at least it's reversable right?! Keep at it girl!

Robbin, sorry to hear of your nasty scale reading. :devil: But your attitude is amazing today! :carrot: One thing you can be proud of yourself is the fact you pushed yourself a little extra too! :carrot: Here's to having a fully OP day! You know what to do right? Chug that water today!

Staffingchick, welcome and thanks for coming to check us out! Congratulations on what you've lost...that's really great! :carrot: I know it never seems to come off fast enough, but if we focus on living a healthier life soon we'll reap the benefits of looking good in time. But that's always the part of plan that we're waiting for that never seems to come fast enough! LOL! For breaking a plateau I find zig zagging your calories helps or intensifying your workouts. What plan are you using? I calorie count, sticking to the ol' method of calories in vs. out. I'll post something regarding breaking plateaus. Oh yeah, I weigh everyday...I find it keeps me accountable for the day. Whether I need to be more diligent or if I can have an extra few calories.

Well, chickies haven an awesome day! Keep fighting for your right to be a better you!

LadyLai
08-24-2007, 12:58 PM
It is common to start a new exercise or diet program and see results right away. The pounds will start melting off and then all of a sudden the scale gets stuck and it seems impossible to lose anymore weight. This is called a weight loss plateau, and though the causes behind it are complex there are some simple ways to break through them.

To begin with, when trying to lose weight you should only weigh yourself once a week. This is because you may think you’ve hit a plateau when you are really only experiencing a normal fluctuation of weight. It is common for the human body to retain and expel water in cycles, so measuring yourself daily may be misrepresenting your actual weight loss progress.

It is also important to set reasonable expectations for yourself. People lose weight at different rates, so don’t be disappointed if the pounds don’t come off as fast as you had expected. In general the more weight you have to lose the quicker they will come off. I realistic expectation of weight loss is about one percent of your total body weight weekly.

Another way to break your weight loss plateau is too eat something bad. Though this may not seem logical it often works. Your body gets stuck in a routine and by adding something completely different to our diet your metabolism might be jumpstarted again.

It is also important to not skip meals or starve yourself. Limiting your food intake in this manner can trigger your body to go into starvation mode, which will actually slow down your metabolism. Eating less than 1000 calories a day means that you are denying your body of essential elements necessary for survival. Your body’s only defense is to slow down your metabolism in order to store energy in the form of fat. In order to jumpstart your metabolism, and break through your weight loss plateau you should eat 4 to 6 small meals a day.

Another tip for breaking your weight loss plateau is flushing out excess water. If your plateau is due to fluid retention you should limit your salt intake and drink plenty of water. Keeping your body hydrated with water has other benefits as well; it can give your metabolism a jumpstart. If the body is deprived of water the kidneys will begin to focus their attention on retaining water instead of burning fat. Experts agree that you should drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water daily.

Exercising can also push you past your plateau. When you are dieting or eating less your body’s natural response is to slow down your metabolism. You can stimulate it again by exercising. Experts recommend doing some sort of physical activity for at least 60 minutes a day.

If none of these helpful hints helps you break through your weight loss plateau you may want to try changing your diet for a few days. Experts recommend that your normal diet be made up of at least 50 percent carbohydrates. However, you may want to lower your carb intake and raise the amount of proteins in your diet for a few days to get off the plateau that you body has stalled out on.

Hitting a weight loss plateau can be frustrating and cause you to lose your motivation and give up. To avoid this it is important to understand that it is normal to hit a plateau despite your best efforts. You should stay dedicated and realize that you will break though your weight loss plateau eventually and continue to lose weight if you stick to your plan.

jtammy
08-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I just wanted to jump on and say hello to all of you, especially you ladies that were in our previous 1 lb thread. It's great to see you all posting again! I had wondered how each of you were doing. :hug:

staffingchick
08-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Wow! I can't believe how much weight some of you have lost....that is so amazing! You are such an inspiration! It's nice to hear that I'm not alone in the torture of weighing in daily:-) I try to wait a week, but I just can't. I agree with Tina....that it keeps me accountable for my actions. I have been watching my calories also. I was doing the no carb/low carb thing, and it just didn't work for me. Do you all drink lots of water during the day? Do you really think that helps you with your loss? Thanks for the warm welcome girls....I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. By the way...my name is Angela - "Staffingchick" is my screen name b/c I own a staffing agency! Have a great day!

LadyLai
08-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Tammy, it is soOOOo good to see you. You have always been and always will be an inspiration to me! Congratulations on your furthered weight loss! Look how close you are to goal! You go girl! I'm so beyond proud of you for sticking this through, like I used to say...you're like a rock! I know this thread seems to be dedicated to getting over plateaus and ruts, but please feel free to keep coming in here and posting. We'd love to have ya around!!

Angela, I try to guzzle the recommended amount..some days (especially lately) I haven't gotten no where near that. But when I'm on program completely 100% I manage to drink 2.2 litres a day. Now that is peanuts to some, but that is amazingly well for me. And I actually think it helps, you know, "flush" all the fat and toxins away. Also helps against water retention. So glad to hear you're feeling well recieved and comfortable here. I look forward to getting to know you equally as much!

Well girls the weekend is upon us, and if you're me, that means incrediable challenges lie ahead. My sister and family is coming either tonight or tomorrow. You know what it's like when you have company..it's so hard to keep OP. But fingers crossed, I'm feeling really dedicated..I think my willpower will outlast my temptations! If I don't get a chance to check in throughout the weekend..I hope you all have a great one (in all aspects of diet and exercise)!

ruthannie
08-25-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi all (thanks for the invite, Tina),

This seems like a good place to start. I'd been sliding off program since early summer and just couldn't seem to get the fire lit under my motivation, but at the same time I kept telling myself I wasn't going to quit (again). Fortunately I didn't drop the exercise and activity even when I wasn't paying attention to food intake. Actually I was paying a LOT of attention, just not doing anything to get it under control.

So after a great 2 week camping vacation and with a busy Fall semester looming, I've put my healthy hat back on. I started logging a couple days ago and have stayed steady; which is more than I can say for the past 3 months.

First challenge- tomorrow is my birthday and we are going for brunch at my favorite restaurant (Lidia's Kansas City) for celebration on Sunday. I've been staying low on my points so I have some extra, but it will take a mindful attitude (I tend to throw restraint to the wind when celebratory).

Good thing it's with friends I need to catch up with, so I will talk a lot [can't talk with a full mouth- that's bad manners :)]. I'm also going to look at the menu online and decide what my best choices are. There WILL be other birthdays and my goal is to end my 40's in a healthy active body.

ruthannie

maryblu
08-25-2007, 12:08 AM
A quick hi to all...it is fun to be part of a group actively going/working for good health, goal weights and fitness.

Special thanks to Meowee for the Prevention link. I am a Prevention junky; if I
haven't read it in Prevention, it ain't true........and yet, I missed that article. I do get the emails, too....don't know how I could have missed it, but I bookmarked it now!

I have to say, this time of year it is easier to get excited about fruits and veggies....my raspberries are awesome, and the cherry tomatoes are sweeter than the Big Boys, but they are mighty fine, too. My dog loves my cucumbers.....do you believe that? He loves them..if I don't give him one that has overgrown and gotten too big, he goes to the vine and picks his own!

Have a great weekend, all!

meowee
08-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi there gang . . . :grouphug:

Sounds like a good plan, RUTHANNIE . . . planning ahead usually pays off. Just tell your waitress to make sure your water glass is always full and keep chugging away at that when you feel the urge for one more bite of something tempting . . . and have a great, great Birthday . . . :yes:

Oh yes indeed MARYBLU, this is such a great time of year for fresh produce to fill up with . . . I just love tomatoes and raspberries are my very favourite fruit. This morning for breakfast I made the famous 3FC protein pancake recipe just overflowing with fresh local blueberries.

Hi again TAMMY . . . once again, thanks for introducing me to that pancake recipe . . . how about posting it here for the newbies who aren't addicted to it yet (I could do it, of course, but figure you should have the honour.)

Good luck with the weekend challenges TINA . . . you can do it, girl. I know how important those family visits are for you . . . and thanks for the plateaux busting hints. BTW, did you get moved into the new house?

Lots of water definitely helps me, ANGELA. I try for ten 8 oz glasses a day (2.5 litres). Have to admit sometimes I count the occasional diet coke and I always count Crystal Light. Drinking lots of water prevents water retention and, of course, water weighs a lot. Sodium encourages water retention. One of the best ways to 'make up' for a high sodium day (like chinese food, for example) is to drink extra water the next day.

Anyway -- speaking of things that encourage water retention :mad: -- we are back to sunshine today (after torrential rains yesterday) and while that's nice, we happen to have 97% humidity to go with it and high humidity is also notorious for bringing on water retention problems for me. So I'll be trying for extra water intake today.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking day planned . . . see you all soon . . . :carrot:

LadyLai
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Hi chickies! Just taking a few moments to peek my head in here. Love to see the action going on! Anyways...I'm hanging in there (thanks Linda for the encouragement). We just went to lunch to my sis's family favorite place...a fish and chips joint. Believe me it smelled good, but honest to my Lord I wasn't feeling it and felt quite good about eating my toss salad and wrap! Woo Hoo! No endulgences so far and I'm so stoked about that! One day down, just 1 1/2 days left to go and it's Monday! Phew!

A quick welcome to Ruthannie, thanks for coming to check us out! Looking forward to getting to know you and walking down the same path to weight loss and health!

Hope you all are having a good weekend so far...I'll be back for personals when I can!

ruthannie
08-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Humidity- ugh! It's why we vacation in the desert. I always feel like I swell up when the humidity is high. Maybe it's just that everything sticks and clothes feel small. Staying hydrated helps alot though. I try to get 3 liters a day, sometimes more. The sometimes diet soda, I do have a morning coffee and a green tea every day. My day doesn't feel started without several glasses of water though. The water thing was never a struggle for me- I have other weak spots.

In looking through journals from November-January when I lost the beginning part of this- I noticed that it's the vegetables and minimally processed whole grains that seem to work well for me. LOTS of veggies and low glycemic fruits like apples and berries. Grains like Kashi and brown rice- not a lot, but grains still in their whole form rather than baked goods (even the whole grain ones). So that's kind of where I'm steering the bulk of my food planning.

I really like that with points it's my choice and no food is off limits, I can just choose the more whole fresh stuff or a treat. Now the challenge for tomorrow is figuring out how to count the foods at brunch.

ruthannie

meowee
08-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi gang . . . :wave:

Poor old Nova Scotia set "mugginess" records again yesterday. Today is supposed to be even worse. Some thunderstorms are being prediced for later this afternoon and, hopefully, that will clear out some of the humidity.

I thought I was avoiding the dreaded 'Fruit-fly Infestation' this year, but they caught up with me yesterday. Had to wrestle a battalion of the little devils for my last peach and, although I won that little skirmish :lol:, I guess they are winning the war at the moment since I had to put all the rest of the fruit (including the tomatoes) into the fridge and set out the infamous 'vinegar jars'. Yuck, I don't like cold fruit and a refridgerated tomato is just a shadow of itself. :mad:

Anyway, hope everybody is having a great day. I'm planning to spend most of mine in front of the A/C. Keep doing the good stuff, gang. See you really soon . . . :grouphug:

Lisa AR mom
08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Tina - thanks for starting this thread. Together we can all reach our goals.
You are an inspiration!

LadyLai
08-27-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey ladies! Gosh, I hoped that I would have a little more time this morning to write up a good post...personals included. But I have a house full of little feet today. My cousin had to go to the hospital for some tests and I'm watching his girls for him. But I will share with you, 1) I maintained my loss over the weekend and 2) knowing I had to babysit by 7am, I got up at 6am to exercise! Gosh, I'm so committed again...yay!!

Lisa, welcome! You're right, with a little inspiraiton, motivation and support from others we can certainly beat anything together! Thanks for coming to check us out!

RRVMMM
08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Hey ladies, how is everyone doing today? My scales seem stuck at 231 right now even though I have been sticking to plan, but that is what this thread is all about right.................. I am hoping this week to turn up he heat on the exercise and be a little stricter with my food. Maybe that will get those scales moving again.

For those of you that do not know me, I want to let all of you know now, I am probably not going to be a daily poster in the thread. Its not that I don't want to but things in my life are so hectic right now that I tend to run out of time during the day. I work full time and have 4 kids, football season has started and my youngest (Mark, 6) has practice 4 nights a week and games on Saturday. My two oldest kids Vicki (15) and Mike (13) think that mom is a personal chauffeur and my 7 year old Matt has homework everynight that he needs help with. While I am handling all of this my husband (Randy) is in the military and will be deploying to Iraq in October. I am the President of the Family Readiness Group for his Company and am dealing with families that have never been through a deployment before and do not know what to expect. And even though all of this is no excuse some of these things are the reason I have let my weightloss take the back seat in my life. But I have realized that it should never be in the back no matter what is going on. I have to get to a healthy weight for me.

Well moving on, I am excited to see all of the faces here and feel as long as we stick together we will make it to where we want to be.:hug:

anajjana
08-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Good afternoon ladies!

OMG!!! It is so nice to you TINA, boy have I missed our 1lb thread!!!

I hear ya girl it's to get back in the groove. I've been stuck between 185-188 for the last 3mths!!! But with all honesty, I have not been really trying as hard as I know I can. I'm ready now to kick these last 12lbs and maybe even more, WHO KNOWS!!!

You ladies have a great evening!!

staffingchick
08-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi girls. Today is my birthday-YAY! So you know I had to treat myself to a small piece of cake:-) I did really well over the weekend. I lost 2.5 pounds, and I'm hoping there's no way the cake will put all that back on0LOL! I have been drinking tons of water in hopes that it will keep me full. I've also been skipping out on the sampling of my two year olds meals (ha,ha...I know we all do it)!! It is a challenge every day. I like coming on here to read your posts...it is very motivating. I hope you are all doing well, and had a fabulous weekend. Can't wait to here more of your results. Take care.

LadyLai
08-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Okay, I'm back again. Time to do a real post! LOL

Ruthannie, I hope you had an awesome birthday! I for one know I love having my healthy hat back on. Nothing feels any better than to be (or to feel) like your in control again. Even though I'm living with the "damages" and still look the same on the outside, I feel like a skinnier person on the inside for doing the best I can each day to get healthier.

Maryblu, you can say that again. It sure is great to know there are people out there going through exactly what you are and who are as excited as yourself to work towards the same goals. I gotta say reading your post about your raspberries, tomatoes and cucumbers got me craving. Ahhhh...they sound so delicious!

Linda, no we lost the house we put a bid on to hold while we sold our own. Somebody put the exact same offer on it and was able to move in ASAP (that means $$ to the builder ASAP). We being the first bidders had 48hrs. to react, but where and who on earth can pull that amount of money out of their back pocket. ($400,000 +) Luckily our realtor was kind enough to cancel his contract with us. Anyways...I don't envy you in the least with all that humidity...arrgggh..that's gotta to be the worst!

Robbin, if anybody deserved to be nominated for wife and mother of the year award it would be you. Gosh, I had to sit down and take a breather after reading your post! Girl, your stove must have a lot of burners on it, but so glad you could find one on there for weightloss. Don't worry we all understand and probably can sympathize with you as to finding time just for "you". Keep thriving to strive.

Jana, hey girl. Look at you! So close to goal! Awesome work. Take it from me, no matter how long your body seems to "hang out" keep trying. Try intensifying your workout, or adjust your calories. Your body needs to be "shocked" into moving again. You can do it!!

Angela, Happy Birthday!! Yeah, I can imagaine "one" piece of cake is forgiveable on your birthday. Congratulations on the (-)2.5lbs. Woo Hoo! Keep it coming girl! Funny you said ("you know we all do it") regarding your kids meals...isn't that a terrible mindless thing all us mothers do?!! Sheesh! LOL! I'm glad you like coming here and feel motivated...that means this thread is doing what is intended to do. :D

Phew! Glad I could get all caught up with you all! Have a great day! Here's to making one small decision today to better your outcome on the scales tomorrow (figuratively speaking).

meowee
08-27-2007, 04:32 PM
Hi gang . . . :grouphug:

Weather is much, much better today and I'm taking advantage of it. Just about to run out again, but wanted to say a quick Hi to everybody.

See you soon . . . :wave:

staffingchick
08-28-2007, 11:57 AM
Hey! How do you guys get the weight tracker on your signature? They are super cute! Thanks for your help.

TurboLeda
08-28-2007, 12:25 PM
hey girls----

I must MUST be a part of this group! After exercising and being awesome, I've let myself slowwwllyyy faaallllll off the bandwagon and drag my butt behind it! I've been having bad days like 3 days out of the week--- including pizza TWICE this week with no remorse!
I still jog and all... but i just CANNOT get a handle on my cravings and desires. and I always give myself excuses "one time won't hurt". well, it does!!!

due to that, i'm up to 138 today and i havent been able to get down to my desired 135 for a MONTH......

leda

staffingchick
08-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Sorry to post again....I just want to see if I figured out this whole "weight tracker" thing. Thanks!!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/172/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

LadyLai
08-28-2007, 01:18 PM
Good morning everyone! Hope you're all found well and raring for another day of fat busting! Circumstances yesterday led me out for dinner to a Japanese restaurant and speaking of mindlessly doing things automatically, I added soya sauce to my soup. The soup probably had enough sodium to last me two days...but oh well, can't take it back now. Now I'm reeking the havoc of it, retention! The best part is that a mistake like that can easily be corrected with a lot of water! So guess what, I'll be drinking like a fish today!

Linda, glad to hear the weather is becoming much more liveable. Hi!

Angela, you're ticker is looking good! It's nice to actually see your progress isn't it. And it's such a great thing to go in and change your weight to watch those pounds go down!

Leda, it's funny how your "quote" relates so well. Welcome! I know cravings have got to be the worst to fight. I love pizza too, no let me rephrase that, I LOVEEEEEEe! pizza too. When I'm having a craving for it I make a healthy version. Usually Hawaiin with lean sliced ham, on a whole grain crust, low sodium sauce and reduced fat moza cheese. I have two slices and a nice size side salad to go with. I'm totally satisfied by it. Just a suggestion!

Ladies, I heard or read something a while back...not sure where, but it just popped into my head again now. "It's impossible to keep up your motivation up to a max all the time while trying to lose weight. That's why it's important to look at this as committing to a lifestyle change. If you're depending on getting all the way through this on high motivation you'll be fighting thoughts of failure and doubt because that initial "honeymoon" period will be over as soon as you hit your first bump in the road."

Makes so much sense doesn't it?! It boils down to how committed you are to this and how badly you want this for you in the long run.

Anyways, have a great day ladies! I look forward to reading all your successes soon!

anajjana
08-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

I was having a good eating day yesterday until I lose a fight with someone King Ranch Chicken!

I'm doing good today and I hope to keep up the good work!!!

Leda & Tina - I have a fight with PIZZA everyday!! My favorite place to order pizza from is Domino's and there is one RIGHT across the street from my apt. When I take Precious out for her walks everyday, I see it and smell it. I haev been in this apt. for a month now and have not once ordered Domino's!!! I almost have but I DIDN'T!!! GOOD ALWAYS WINS OVER EVIL!!!! EVIL PIZZA-ZERO; JANA-25 HAHAHA!!!

You ladies have a wonderful evening!!!

ELEM-PGF
08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
Howdy Ladies! I see some familiar faces here and Tina had sent me a PM and let me know ya'll were hiding. I am SOOOO identifying with the plateau thing and being stuck and have been for many months now. I am proud of the fact that i have been able to keep off about 60 pounds for going on around a year now but when you still have about 80-90 to go it still feels like a tremendous task.

So i may flounder a little here at the beginning and may be in and out on my posting but hope to be in full swing of things soon. I am working on getting over sinus infection, ear infection and bronchitis that was working on pneumonia right now, so exercise is the last thing on my mind but i know that is the key to getting going again for me.

Hope to be seing lots of less of you soon! Erin

meowee
08-28-2007, 06:14 PM

Wowwweee have I ever been having a crummy day. Weather is great, but I'm the pits. Started my day at 3:30 with a really nasty hypo event and have been feeling yucky all day long.

Hopefully everything will be back to normal tomorrow . . . :wave:

ruthannie
08-28-2007, 09:09 PM
leda,

I can relate, not that I had completed my journey to goal, but that I was doing great and then slowly slipped off the side of the wagon, with the occasional pathetic attempt to get back on. Last week I decided to hop on with both feet. I'm glad to have found these groups. I think the last time (when I was sliding), part of it was lack of community support.

Welcome back to the wagon, maybe if we clutch at each other, we can keep from slipping off (or at least have help jumping back on) and not get left in the dust.
:)
ruthannie

ruthannie
08-28-2007, 09:11 PM
:hug:

meowee, hope tomorrow goes better. I had quite the day (posted a long vent) over in the WW At Home group.

ruthannie

RRVMMM
08-29-2007, 10:28 AM
Hey ladies, I am so excited to see some familiar faces here and some new ones too. I don't have alot of time for alot of chat but did want to drop in and say hi. I truly believe that if we all work together and help keep each other accountable we will break these plateaus and start heading in the right direction again.

Speaking of the right direction, my scales are down a pound from the uppage I was at a couple of days ago. So now I am at 230.0 :carrot:. I have a feeling it is because I was sick last night and spent most of the night in the bathroom but hey, I am always excited to see a drop no mater what the cause.

Well it is time for me to get to work. Hope to check back soon.

meowee
08-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Good Morning Ladies . . . :grouphug:

Life is definitely looking better this morning. My blood sugar is sitting at normal levels and I feel human again. We won't talk about the scale-:devil: but eventually he, too, will come to his senses.

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . see you soon. :wave:

LadyLai
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
Good day ladies! I'm really happy to report that not only did I manage to lose my retention weight but one more pound went along with it!! Yay! I'm really trying and feel really committed to this. I'm a little nervous about lunch today though. I'm invited over to a friends house for lunch. She does try to be health conscience, but you know how it is when you're counting calories....you count everything! And I just won't know down to the point of what I am consuming. But the best part is we're going for a walk afterwards and I already did my workout this morning, so bonus burning today!

Jana, wow! Avoiding pizza is a huge defeat! Now, that's some great committment. You go girl!

Erin, it's so good you decided to pop in! Don't worry about having a slow start, I know once you are feeling better and have your mind in the game again...you'll blow some pounds outta the water! Congratulations on maintaining your loss!

Linda, sorry to hear you had such a bad day yesterday.

Ruthannie, I think having a support helps a great deal! Especially with having a group of ladies who have slipped and know how difficult it is to get back on the wagon.

Robbin, LOL..I remember once when I was doing this I got sick and lost 3lbs. in one day. I was so excited, even more so that when I started introducing solids again the scales didn't reflect that.

Have an awesome day ladies! Keep the fire burning!

LadyLai
08-30-2007, 12:47 AM
Q: I'm a 49-year-old woman and have lost about 60 pounds in six months. I’ve seen great results but still have more to lose and I’m worried about my middle—I’ve seen no change there in two months. I’m working out with a trainer twice a week and do 4 to 5 hours of cardio a week. Do you have any suggestions on how to continue losing weight, and how to target my belly?

A: Obviously, what you are doing is working. So before you panic because you feel like you’ve reached a plateau, relax. Losing 10 pounds a month, on average, for six months is quite an accomplishment. But it’s also quite a shock to your body: All that fat loss has produced a host of biochemical, physiological and anatomical changes that your body is learning to adjust to. It’s a good idea to allow your body to adapt to its new weight without trying to pressure it to produce more drastic weight losses. The fat you’ve lost is energy, after all, and the body likes to preserve energy. So you need to coax it into accepting your lighter body.

When someone is extremely overweight, it’s common for weight loss to happen fast initially, but then slow down. The National Institutes of Health’s guidelines for treating overweight and obesity in adults say there’s often a predictable plateau after about six months.

This phenomenon is partly due to the fact that you need fewer calories now than you did at your heavier weight. What that means is that what worked for you in the first months may not be the same recipe for weight loss now.

Let's say, for example, that you lost weight when you were eating about 2,500 calories each day by cutting that to 1,800. But now that you're lighter, that 1,800 calories may be closer to what your body needs. So the same amount of calorie-counting with your foods and calorie-burning through exercise might not have as powerful an effect.

Plus there is some evidence that a person who is at a reduced body weight has even lower energy needs that a person who weighs the same and has maintained that stable weight.

Your lower energy needs now are just one of many physiological responses to your weight loss that may make you prone to gaining it back.

So what can you do about it?

First of all, rather than trying to lose more weight right now, focus instead on weight maintenance—keeping off the weight you’ve already lost and fighting your body’s tendency to regain it.

To maintain the weight loss, and to continue losing, you may need to eat even more healthfully than you already are and be slightly stricter about portion sizes.

You are on the right track at making exercise a key component of your weight-loss program. It’s a rare person who can keep lost weight off without exercising.

But you may need to increase your activity—either by working at a slightly higher intensity during your cardio sessions, or by adding a few more minutes to each one, or adding another day of cardio. Every person is different but research suggests that it takes from 60 to 90 minutes per day of moderate intensity exercise on most days of the week to control weight.

As far as your belly is concerned, you’ve no doubt lost a significant amount of fat from that area already. If you don’t feel like you’ve seen further whittling down of your waistline in the past couple of months, then shift your focus elsewhere for now. Scientists and researchers still don’t understand everything about how fat is gained, lost and distributed on the human body. There is no magical ab move that will suddenly make fat vanish from your gut. But research shows that belly fat tends to be the most easily lost (and gained). If you have a genetic tendency to store it there, or to store more of it in the area, it may be more resilient.

Try to be patient and remind yourself that you spent years packing the pounds on, and it can’t all be lost overnight—or even in less than a year. Shift your focus on how to live in a way that prevents your lost fat from returning. Eventually you’ll achieve a healthy, fit weight. But give it time. The good news is that even though it may feel like a battle—and it is—it will get easier.

According to the National Weight Control Registry, a research database that tracks the behaviors of more than 6,000 people who lost at least 30 pounds and kept it off for at least a year (but on average for nearly six years), successful weight losers report that once they’ve kept the pounds off for three to four years, it seems to get easier to stay lean.

"From MSN Health & Fitness site"

meowee
08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Good Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

Another nice looking day around here. Of course, it is going to be a rainy long-weekend. Why does that seem to happen so often? :shrug:

Well, my friend Lou-Lou and I are going to do the lunch and 'shop till you drop' thing this afternoon, so I'd better get a few little constructive things done before it's time to leave. Hope everybody has a great day planned. See you later, gang . . . :wave:

LadyLai
08-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Hello all! Well yesterdays lunch really wasn't that bad of a deal. She had turkey club sandwiches. The only bad thing on there was full fat cheese and bacon of which I took very little of (just to be polite). Dropped another half pound today! Things are going well other than the fact I woke up with a cold and I didn't feel like dragging myself to the elliptical because my legs are still sore from trying to really up the resistance. BUT...I did it anyways! I'm so proud of myself for pushing through.

Seems a little quiet in here these past two days. Hope you are all well and have some great news to share soon!

Take care and have an awesome day!

staffingchick
08-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Okay....so the birthday cake is catching up to me I swear! I only had a little bit, but I think the sugar made my system go crazy. I gained a pound - YUCK! I'm thinking about trying the Sacred Heart Diet. I've been reading up on it, and it says that you can lose up to 15 pounds in one week. I doubt I would lose that much, but I'd like to try it to kick start me again since I'm still on this crazy plateau. Would any of you like to do it with me, and we can track our progress together?? I would love a buddy or two, or three - LOL!! Let me know your thoughts! Talk to you chickies soon.

fiberlover
08-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Hi all! I'm on a plateau/relapse now. I had lost 75 pounds out of 100+. Doing it steadily, albeit slowly. I have never been a fast loser. I was doing WW points, and I really think I messed up my metabolism by not getting enough food for the amount of exercise I was doing. It was frustrating - biking everyday, eating the plan religiously and no weight loss for months. I ate more, I ate less, I exercised more, I exercised less, I switched to Core.
I began to cry every week when the scale wouldn't budge. No change in my measurement - I wasn't even gaining, either. My DH felt so bad for me.

Then last summer I kind of started giving up. I figured that I may as well eat the things I wanted to, and my weight began creeping up. 25 pounds later and I just can't let things get out of control again. When I popped back over 200, that was really depressing.
So - I buckled down again in January, and lost 10 pounds over the course of 3 months (I told you I was a slow loser!! LOL). This was eating balanced meals with whole grains and lean proteins (tracking on fitday).
Now, I got stuck again - no scale movement at all, and it is inching up again.
I am tempted to do NS, just to take the exhausting focus off of food for awhile.

Glad to find others like me! You know how people don't believe that you can follow a plan religiously and not lose weight.

ELEM-PGF
08-31-2007, 09:42 AM
Well gang i have managed to hang on through another week and not have any profitable gain. I am still having fluctuations but it has a lot to do with really crappy eating. I am having a hard time kicking this crud that i have and that is making a perfect excuse to eat what i want and not exercise. Anyone have any suggestions for how to get on track when you feel cruddy??? I am really ready to start moving in the right direction again. I packed up some of my winter clothes thinking by the time i pull these out they will be too big but they will likely fit exactly like they did when i packed them up. Although, they won't be any tighter which is what happened for years so that's good, right?!?!

Well our 100 degree + heat wave seems to finally have broken and we are actually getting rain in the afternoons so hopefully drought relief is not far behind. Break the humidity and i may want to really get outside again!! Now that we have a dog i have great reason to get out and walking so that may be my starter back to exercise.

Anyone doing anything fun for labor day?? I will be working some but hope to work in a little fun and relaxation too. I am excited for the start of college football and will watch the Alabama game saturday night.

Ya'll have a great weekend and will pop in again soon!

staffingchick
08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
So how many of you are completely dreading the Labor Day picnics this weekend? I guess it will be a true test of our will power. Do any of you have good low-cal recipes that would work for this weekend. I know that everyone will be eating hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad (YUMMY), and of course tons of sweets. I'd like to take along something healthy, that tastes good. Let me know if you have any ideas. Hope you're all doing well. Chat soon! http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/172/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

LadyLai
08-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Angela, how about making some hamburgers of your own with ground turkey mixed with extra lean beef. It'll be a lot less guilt ridden and you won't feel deprived around everyone else that's eating it. BTW - there's no way one piece of cake would equal a pound on the scale. I haven't heard of the 'Sacred Heart Diet' before. What is it?

Lori, Welcome!! Thanks for coming to check us out! I posted some an artical regarding a stall during a magnificent weightloss. I think you'll get a lot out of it. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Erin, how about a nice healthy soup? I have a recipe for "Comfort Corn Chowder" very low in fat and calories and very satisfying. Love the fact your winter clothes will still fit you. I'm kinda dreading putting on my jeans again. No plans for the weekend, I think the majority of my family will be going out of town.

Well ladies, not a lot going on in my world. I started fall cleaning yesterday. You know after having the windows open all summer and being around new construction the windows and blinds needed attention. Not to mention the baseboards. And the list goes on.... I'm happy that even after these past two days I haven't felt like exercising (due to soreness and I think my cold) that I pushed myself through it. Yay!

Have an awesome day!

staffingchick
08-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Hello again! The sacred heart diet is a plan that is structured for rapid weight loss....it is not something that can be done all of the time. I'm hoping that it will jump start me again since the scales are hardly moving lately. Here is how it works. You make a soup consisting of vegetables (I have the recipe if anyone is interested). On the 1st day you eat the soup and fruit....as much as you want/need. The 2nd day you eat the soup and vegetables, plus a large baked potato with butter for dinner. On day 3 you eat the soup, and bananas. They say by the 3rd day you could lose up to 7 pounds! The 4th thru 7th day you introduce lean meats to the plan. Again, I know that we all need to make "lifestyle" changes (and we have), but this is just something to try if you need a big KICK! Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm going to start it on Tuesday morning. I can give those who may be interested the entire plan via email. I'm excited to try it. Talk to you all soon.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/172/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

anajjana
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies!!!

Things are going. I lost a fight with McDonald's last night but I'm back on it today. I can't wait until this plateau is over, I don't have much left to lose.

Have a Great Day Ladies!!!

LadyLai
08-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Angela, I just 'googled' the diet. It reminds me of the Cabbage Soup diet, which the thought of still makes me shiver. I don't think I'll be joining you, but I wish you luck with it! It does say it acts as a cleanser, so I guess that's not so bad.

Jana, we're gonna lose battles here and there. The main thing is that you picked yourself up, brushed off and got right back on plan. Good girl!

meowee
09-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi gang . . . :grouphug: . . . and :welcome2: to you LORI.

Wow, it's September already. Amazing. Labour Day weekend is also the start of our Fall Fair week here in Pictou County, Nova Scotia and since I live across the road from the fairgrounds, I couldn't avoid the activities even if I wanted to. :lol: Unfortunately, it's raining and that will slow things down over there for a little; but it isn't expected to continue for too long. The theme of the Fair this year is a salute to all the previous Fair Queens. Forty-eight of the fifty are still alive and most of them have promised to attend the special ceremony and the crowing of the 51st. Should be interesting.

Sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Suffice it to say it was not one of my better days -- it included a lot of pizza and a lot of date squares :mad: -- Back on track this morning and very glad that it's a brand new month. I fully plan to make it a good one.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . . :wave:

maryblu
09-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I did it, all.

I finally 'fessed up and updated my ticker. I guess coming clean is the best policy, huh?

I wonder why I can't recapture the "want to" and the excitement I had when I first did Fat Smash Phase I.. it is such a healthy diet if you eat all the veggies you are allowed..and all the fruits......I felt GREAT. It is only tough to do at lunch....I have lunch meetings probably twice a week for work..and often they are catered in, box lunches.......white bread or worse, Croissants......with chips and cookies, like only we Minnesota Norwegians can do.....lol.......yuk.

Anyway, the other thing that was clicking with me was The Beck Diet Solution. It really rang true with me. Gave the book to a friend so we can do together ..have to get another copy.....It really hit home with me..would recommend it. Cognative Behavioral Therapy certainly has worked for many...

Have a great Labor Day, all!

meowee
09-02-2007, 10:44 AM

The weather is perfect around northern Nova Scotia today -- well, in my estimation, anyway. Sunny and cool -- just the way I like it. Hope it continues for a long, long time.

Good luck finding the best plan for your journey, Maryblu . . . :hug: Nothing worth doing is ever easy, is it?

Well, I'd better get myself moving and shaking . . . :carrot: . . . things to do and places to go. Hope everybody is having a great 'labourless' Labour Day Weekend so far. Keep doing the good stuff just as much as possible, gang and we will succeed in making September our best weightloss month ever.

See you soon . . . :wave:

fiberlover
09-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Well, I ordered NS to give it a try. A little leery, because I am a very whole grain, non-processed food gal. However, their meal plan gives you 24-30 grams a day of fiber if you follow it correctly.
I also love that you get a fat serving, which can be nuts if you want. One of my favorite foods is nuts! Love cashews :)

I just want to not think so much. I think I am at the point where I paralyzed myself with too much info. So for awhile I want to follow a set plan and learn to relax.

Happy Labor Day weekend everyone!! Get outside and enjoy the weather, even if it rains!!

meowee
09-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh LORI . . . :drool: . . . cashews . . . :drool: Good luck with the Nutri-System (at least I assume that's what you mean by NS; since it would be pretty hard to order Nova Scotia :lol: - might prove a little too tough to chew, too - :lol:).

meowee
09-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Hope everybody has a great Labour Day.

See you soon . . . :grouphug:

jelynn
09-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I'm here, I'm here!

We've been away the last few days for one last hurrah...tomorrow the kids go back to school! It will be nice for me to have the routine back as I've proven I didn't do so well with the summer schedule, lol. My 2 older kids are in grades 2 and 4 and then I'll have my 3 and 4 year olds at home- though they are busy in "stuff" most mornings. I'm going to work on some menus today- no more pizza and fast food!

I am behind this morning, and dh is home today so need to run, but wanted to check in and let you know I haven't forgotten you guys! :wave:

LadyLai
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone, just a quick pop in. I had an "O.K" weekend. Pretty quiet but yet kept busy. Tomorrow is a big day for us, first day of grade ONE! That means first time being in school ALL day in a big school. Actually, it's a brand new school..what a bonus! Anyways...I gonna cut my daughters hair, bathe her and put her to bed. I hope you all had an awesome weekend! Check back tomorrow (I'll have so much time on my hands now...)

meowee
09-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Good Morning . . . another beautiful day . . . and I've got things to do and places to go . . . See you all later . . . :wave:

staffingchick
09-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Hello to All! I hope you all had a nice, and relaxing weekend. I'm curious to see how you all did....with all of the fabulous food that surrounded us the past few days. I decided to not to deprive myself....and not to go overboard either. I think I found a nice balance, and managed to even lost .5 pounds! (Don't you love the digital scales that show the half pounds-LOL!!) The weather here was beautiful. I see that a few of you have kids the same age as mine.....I have a 2 yr old boy, and a 9 yr old girl. Arent kids the greatest! My daughter put her arms around me last night and said "Mom, you're not fat anymore...I can wrap my arms all the way around you!" I thought I was going to die! I just laughed, and realized that was her way of giving me a compliment. OK, sorry to ramble. Today I was supposed to start the Sacred Heart Diet.....and I totally changed my mind. Instead I'm doing my own - FRUIT, VEGGIES, AND CHICKEN FOR DINNER....Every night for 5 days, plus plenty of water. I have a wedding to go to on Saturday, so I need to work hard. I hope you all have a great day!

RRVMMM
09-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Not even gonna tell anyone what the scales are up to today. The weekend killed me. I am so down in the dumps, when will I find the willpower and motivation I had in the first 9 months. :?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

fiberlover
09-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Not even gonna tell anyone what the scales are up to today. The weekend killed me. I am so down in the dumps, when will I find the willpower and motivation I had in the first 9 months. :?::?::?::?::?::?::?:

If only there was an easy answer for that! I have read about a 'wheel', where the cycle goes motivation:results:success:motivation:results: etc. You need to grab some part of that wheel to get moving.
Forget the weekend, go back and think about the first nine months and how powerful you felt being in control and doing something great for yourself. That's your motivation. Start a journal, if you haven't.

staffingchick
09-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Hey Robbin....don't be so hard on yourself! I totally feel where you are coming from. It is a daily struggle for me, and it is harder than people realize! I can offer up a few tips to try and help you. Here are a few things I do to stay motivated:
I treat myself to my favorite dessert after I lose 5 pounds.
After 10 pounds I usually buy a few pieces of clothing.
I am constantly looking back at pics of me when I was much bigger (I even
posted one on my mirror), to remind me why I am doing this!
I keep "my food" in a seperate place, so that I don't have to be tempted by
the sweet stuff I buy for my husband, and kids.

I hope this helps a little. I know we all have our own little ways to stay strong. I think we should all share them. You have all lost so much weight...you are my motivation too!! Good Luck!

LadyLai
09-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Good evening ladies! Well, "we" survived our first day of school! Yay! I say "we" because I was probably as nervous as my daughter. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm a little overly motherly sometimes. Boy! Was it ever a long day! I kept worrying and wondering about her. I think tomorrow will be much easier to handle, for both of us..hehehe!

Robbin, I think you've been given the best advice already. Just pick yourself up and get roaring mad at the temptations and take back control! I know you can do this and I know that inner motivation is still in there somewhere just simmering away waiting for the flames to be fanned.

Well, not much new to report from myself. Just gotta take a page from my own book and fan the flame again this week. Long weekends and family meals are a killer! Okay, check back tomorrow!

Hope you're having a great evening with some awesome news to start reporting!

meowee
09-05-2007, 04:40 AM
Hi . . . :wave:

Clock says it's morning . . . :coffee: is badly needed. Actually more sleep is badly needed, but the :coffee: will have to do, for now.

Hope the quietness doesn't drive you too crazy, TINA. :lol:

Hope the day is good for everybody . . . see you later.

Ashley103
09-05-2007, 07:24 AM
Hello everyone,
I've been away from 3FC for several months and have not only stopped the weight loss, but have actually relapsed to the tune of five pounds. This seems like a good thread to get back started again. I have a wonderful incentive now - I'm going to be the mother of the bride and don't want to look huge in any pictures!

I found staying in touch regularly with others on 3FC was the best weight loss aid I've ever had, and am happy to be back.

Ashley

meowee
09-05-2007, 07:39 AM
:welcome: to the thread ASHLEY . . . :hug: You are so right. Posting regularly is what keeps us all sane and (hopefully) on track. Look forward to getting to know you better, Chickie . . . have a great day.

ELEM-PGF
09-05-2007, 09:37 AM
Howdy ladies, gonna have to be quick need to be doing some work but i really wanted to pop in and check the posts. Now i need to say welcome to Ashley and HANG IN THERE ROBBIN!!!!! I don't know if any of you watched the Biggest Loser did they keep it off special last night but I saw most of it and I don't think a single one of them were at the weight they had gotten down to on the show and most had gained between 15-30 pounds. Now what I take from that is WE ARE NORMAL and THIS IS REALLY HARD!!!!! Imagine if being on TV and being known in public like that is not motivation for you to keep it off then why are we beating ourselves up for having a hard time. Life is hard and things get the better of you. The point i am rambling along trying to make and what they seemed to emphsize on the show is not how much they gained back but how much they had kept off. Girls we have got to hang on to that. I know my pattern before this was loose some and gain a whole lot more. If nothing else i have broken that cycle, I have lost a bunch and KEPT IT OFF. That is the key, we do know we can do this and we know how, we just need to keep at it. Focus on life and the beauty in it and get out of our negative focus of what we are not accomplishing and look at what we have. Positive thoughts lead to positive actions!!!

Okay after all that philosiphizing I need to listen to myself and get moving, actually i really need to get going but I hope that all of you have a great positive day and keep the focus up!!!
Erin

LadyLai
09-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Sorry guys for not being around today. I have been out ALL day...(this having the whole day to yourself is kinda nice..getting to hang out with your girlfriends without kids). So needless to say Linda, I don't think I'll be getting too bored..LOL! Welcome Ashley! So glad you found us and re-committing yourself! Erin, I did watch the BL. I was pretty amazed at the ones they did feature at how well they did keep the weight off. You're right, it's a total accomplishment to praise yourself over the weight we did lose and have kept off! It's all good! Yay! Well girls, I'm so tired, it's been a busy day. See you tomorow!

meowee
09-06-2007, 10:28 AM

Unfortunately I was up very early again . . . don't know why. At least it is a better looking day -- nice and sunny and a little warmer -- thank goodness.

Wow . . . TINA . . . time for yourself for a change. Have fun, Chickie.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . . :wave:

anajjana
09-06-2007, 12:50 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

This week has been pretty rough! It's just so hard to stay on track now. I don't know what I'm going to have to do differently.

If I keep food in the house I have to tourture myself not to eat it all in 2 days, but then if I don't keep food in the house my mind wonders to all the quick fast food meals I could run and pick-up.

I finally got a handle on my money situation since the "big move" and now I can't seem to get a hold on my eating. I guess it's as they always say, if it ain't one thing it's another! With my b-day tomorrow and the party my mom is throwing then the one my dad is throwing, I'm pretty much expecting this weekend to be rough.

I must say that I'm still thankful for where I am because I could still be very well be 228lbs.

I hope you ladies have a wonderful day and thank you for listening to me venting!

vealcalf2000
09-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Hi does anyone mind If I join this thread? I got sick with the flu about 2 weeks ago and dropped about 4 lbs really fast, well I put 3 of them back on (I'm sure it was just water weight) but since then I've been systematically gaining and losing the same 3 lbs!

I know this is just a mini plateau but it's still frustrating! I try to keep my calories between 1500-1800 a day and walk average of 40-60 min per day. I recently upped my walking from 1 to 1 1/2 miles to 2 miles on the days I'm off from work. On the days that I work I don't calculate miles but do a solid 60+ min of walking. I also decided I definetly need more fiber in my diet and bought a box of Bran Cereal and some Dried Split Peas and Lima Beans to help out.

I take a lot of comfort in knowing I am doing the best I can but can't wait to get past this plateau!!!!!

staffingchick
09-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi girls. How is everyone doing so far this week? I have been very good, and lost 2 pounds since Monday. It has been soooooooo hard, but rewarding. Just 3 more pounds to go, and I get my favorite sweet treat - ice cream from the dairy queen-YUMMY!!! I know it's sounds silly, but I really look forward to that :-) I would really like us to all share our little tricks and motivational tips with each other. Maybe even share some delicious low-cal recipes. I think it could help everyone. I know I look forward to coming on here and reading the posts. It's just an idea. I hope you lovely ladies have a fabulous day! Chat Soon!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/170/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

fiberlover
09-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all moving along!
I got my Nutrisystem food today. Hoping this will get me back on track. Surprised at the couple of things I tried - they were quite good.
I think this will help with any portion distortion I might have been suffering from.
It's also a relief just to grab something off the shelf to eat, rather than planning out my meal to make sure it's balanced and within a calorie guideline.
I'm feeling pretty excited, I have to say!!! :carrot::carrot:

ruthannie
09-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Hi Everyone,

I keep forgetting to come over and jump in this thread, I've been mostly hanging out in the "WW At Home" one, since I'm doing FlexPoints and not going to meetings.

I can commiserate with all the conversations on struggles getting back on track and cravings. The past couple weeks have been so busy and when I don't get enough "me" time, I want to nurture my deprived little self with food as compensation.

I am on the downward movement on the scale (6 lbs from the highest creep back up that scared me back to the program). Only .5 this past week and 1 the week before. I'm itching to get back to "virgin" fat territory, but that's still about 6 or 7 lbs away.

If I can get caught up on school prep today, then I won't feel so rushed and hence feel the need to feed.

chugging forward...

meowee
09-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Happy Friday . . . :grouphug:

Don't know why Fridays always seem to get so busy for me that I don't get a chance to stop in here, earlier?

Anyway, hope you all had a good day . . . see you tomorrow. :wave:

LadyLai
09-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey girls...gosh it seems that now I have more time to myself that I can't stay home! hahaha I hope by next week things will become more of a routine and I can focus on more than just how nice it is to get all my errands ran and talking with my girlfriends without a five year old complaining to go home. I especially hope to get caught back up in here with some personals. I'd like to say welcome Ashley...it's great to have you on board!!

Have a great weekend all!

P.S. Do you think it's too early to have fall decorating out yet??

maryblu
09-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Thanks, Erin and all, for the insight on Biggest Loser.....did they keep it off?

I watched......and was heckled by DS and SO...so, even though I noted that they all had gained....even those dedicated to fitness........literally changing their occupations to weight loss and health......it didn't really register with me that if it happened to them, with all the press, fame......all eyes on them.......then YEAH...it was natural it happened to us...DAHHHH...now if we can all figure out what to DO ABOUT IT....

I have been on vacation all week and gardening up a storm......but then I think I can eat what I want!!!

fiberlover
09-08-2007, 10:35 AM
Well, back on track for 2 days now. Day 3 is always the hardest, and of course - it is on a Saturday!
I have asked for help from DH to keep me from straying.
I think I will feel better getting through today.

I am enjoying my NS food, I have to say - more than I thought I would! :carrot:

meowee
09-08-2007, 11:46 AM

A little tongue in cheek :thanks: for everybody West of me (pretty much takes care of all of you) for sending this hot and sticky weather my way again.

Oh well, at least it means I'll have the A/C going today and that will help to drown out a bit of the racket coming from the fair grounds across the road. Much as I love all the activities of fair week, it does get a little tiresome by this point. Last night it was after midnight before all the noise of everybody leaving for home died down. :(

After I finally got to sleep, I did sleep pretty well for a change. Anyway . . . had my protein pancakes overflowing with local blueberries for breakfast, for the third day in a row . . . now I need to get some more berries or I'll actually have to eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. OMG, I :love: blueberries.

I'd wait until the first official day of Autumn, Tina . . . but that's just old-fashioned maybe . . . obviously the stores decorate for halloween as soon as school starts . . . so who are we to argue. :shrug:

Hope everybody has a good day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

maryblu
09-08-2007, 04:44 PM
Ditto on the blueberries, mewoee........and they are a wonder food to boot! I have been trying to do more of the local eating..less "carbon footprints"..less trucked in food.....I guess that means frozen bb from here on out until next summer when they are local. I have never grown any....am really enjoying the raspberries, though.......and I love them as much! Apples will be ready soon....*sigh...am looking forward to lots of sweet potatoes and hearty fall veggie stews, too. I love fall!:hug:

meowee
09-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Definitely my favourite season, too . . . love those Autumn colours.

ruthannie
09-08-2007, 11:52 PM
for a minute I misread and thought you said "...love those Autumn CALORIES"

:doh: d'oh!

(and then I was going to agree, I love those Autumn calories too!)

:joker:

meowee
09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
You probably saw calories because we Canuks put an extra letter in colours just to lead you Yankees astray . . . :lol3:

Oh . . . BTW . . . Good Morning Everybody. . . :wave:

Very happy to say that our horribly sticky heat wave appears to have been a one-day affair. Seems quite normal and pleasant this morning. Additionally, the good old Fall Fair will wind-up today and then my little neighbourhood will be back to normal and pleasant (and quiet) again, too.

Nothing else exciting around here, had HF cereal with banana and skim milk for brekkie this morning, so . . . as soon as my hair is dry I must venture out "blueberry picking" (at the supermarket :lol:) so I can get my daily "fix" with lunch. Hey, it's a short season. :shrug:

Have a great day, everybody . . . see you soon. :carrot:

fiberlover
09-09-2007, 02:42 PM
as soon as my hair is dry I must venture out "blueberry picking" (at the supermarket :lol:) so I can get my daily "fix" with lunch. Hey, it's a short season. :shrug:

Have a great day, everybody . . . see you soon. :carrot:

It is a short season! Blueberries are now only available in the half clam shell at the same price as the pint used to be. Bummer!!

meowee
09-09-2007, 06:18 PM
I just got another 2 pounds . . . but they will soon be over for us, too . . . and the frozen ones are a very, very sad imitation of the fresh.

staffingchick
09-09-2007, 09:25 PM
Hello Ladies. Just wondering how you all did this weekend. I had a very ROUGH weekend where food was concerned. Saturday night, a wedding....I didn't want to be rude, so I had to try the cake-LOL! Today we went the the Browns game in Cleveland. I had a burger...and nachos. I am dreading getting on the scale in the morning, but I will hit it hard this week. My hubby and I had a wonderful time, so I guess it's worth it. I lost a total of 3.5 pounds last week, so hopefully I can duplicate that this week! I hope you are all doing well. Chat soon!!

Ashley103
09-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Hello all,
I've been having computer issues, but am back on-line now. I also love blueberries, but they've sadly come and gone here for the summer. Wish our heat would do the same. It's been hot here for way too long!

I like the idea of looking at how much weight the BL group kept OFF. I've kept off 30 pounds for almost three years now and need to keep that in mind. Just keep going down and up on the next 25.

I had a good weekend. Worked in the yard both mornings until the heat drove me in, then worked in the house. Back on track with eating small amounts many times throughout the day. It feels good to be "back on the wagon".

Hope you all have a great week.

meowee
09-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Hi there, everybody . . . :wave:

Wow . . . it's Monday . . . and it's a gorgeous day around here. Sunny and relatively cool -- just the way I like it.

Hope everybody is having a great one . . . see you later :grouphug:

anajjana
09-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

I'm back on it hard today, my birthday was great and now it's back to business!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

fiberlover
09-10-2007, 07:38 PM
The weekend was good for me. I was totally in control - and it felt great!!!! :D

If only there was a way to capture and bottle that feeling for days when I need it!

meowee
09-11-2007, 09:33 AM

I've been having a great OP kind of week, too LORI. Hope it continues for both of us. :high:

It's raining and it's supposed to continue raining for the rest of today and tomorrow. I did not sleep too well last night and this dreary weather is definitely adding to my feeling of sluggishness this morning. Hopefully, this too will pass.

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . see you soon . . . :wave:

LadyLai
09-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey girls! So sorry for not being around. The weekend has been so busy. Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I'm still around and hanging in there! Hope to get in a good post soon!

jelynn
09-12-2007, 01:39 AM
Ditto Tina! I am sooooo busy, but I'll find some time soon I hope.

meowee
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Good Morning, Gang . . . :grouphug:

Boy is it ever humid around here this morning . . . it's garbage pickup day (we only get pickup every other week) and I had eight big heavy bags of garden compost to put out as well as all the normal stuff -- I was exhausted and sweating buckets after half an hour of lugging stuff to the curb. Other than that, it can't decide if it's going to be sunny or rainy to go along with the windy that does seem to be a sure thing.

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day on the go. :carrot:

meowee
09-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Hi . . . :wave: Where is everybody hiding?

Went to the kitchen to get a :coffee: refill and found the freezer door open and Purrecious poking around inside. Not a fluke either, because after I removed her and made sure the door was closed, she simply popped it open again to continue her adventure. Then, when I came up here, I couldn't figure out what the funny little noise was or where it was coming from -- until I found Frack curled up in a little storage box on the top shelf (right up at ceiling level) of the wall unit above my desk. Not even sure how she possibly got there. :shrug: And having pets is supposed to be lowering my blood pressure. :lol:

Fall is definitely in the air -- the birds are flocking. :lol: It is a lovely sunny and coolish day. High of 18 (low 60's) predicted. :love: it -- the trees will be changing soon, I guess.

Hope you all have a great day, too . . . see you soon . . . :carrot:

staffingchick
09-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Hello to all!
I am having a rough week so far! I have officially gained back 2 pounds from last week....I am incredibly frustrated. I think I know why though....one of my employees brought in M&M's.....and it seems that the few I grab each time I pass her desk are starting to catch up to me-LOL! I have to catch up on my walking too! How are the rest of you doing this week? I was reading some of the posts talking about the fall season....and I too am a big fan of the fall season! I was married on October 2nd...and we had our first child together on October 2nd of the following year (I know it's crazy!!) The fall is truly the most beautiful season here in northeast Ohio! Okay, sorry for the sidenote....but it was a nice distraction from the Plateau I've hit-AGAIN! Chat Soon.

anajjana
09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!!

Still not change on the scale, times like this are what make me fast. Something I'm trying to avoid right now. Plan to put in 30 on the mini tramp tonight after I get off of work!! I hope it all works out.

You ladies have a wonderful night!

fiberlover
09-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Well - I actually lost weight this week! Down 3.6 pounds after hitting it hard and fast with NS.
I am shocked! But happy!! :woohoo:

Another weekend coming up, I think I might have motivation to stick with it. If I can keep in control for 21 days, then it should be a habit by then.

anajjana
09-14-2007, 12:37 AM
I got my 30 in on the mini tramp and had a great day of eating!!!

Have not had one of these in a long time!!!

I feel great!!!

meowee
09-14-2007, 10:03 AM

Feeling kind of crummy today . . . ache all over and have a bit of a sore throat . . . the weather is looking a lot better than I'm feeling.

Hope everybody else has a good day . . . :grouphug:

LadyLai
09-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey ladies...I swear I'm not hiding out! LOL My mom has been with me all week and we've been jotting here and there. It's been great having her around! I asked her to stay with me because I had a school council meeting Wednesday night. That didn't end till nine and then my girlfriends and I went out for another two hours! WOO! I haven't done that since college...what a blast! Unfortunately the scale has reminded why I don't do that so often....**oops** Anyways...I've had an 'okay' week and hope to try and get back into the loop again full swing ahead. I'm seriously considering joining a gym but I'm so nervous and scared of the looks...**biting finger nails** I also am volunteering monday through wednesday at the school. So next week will be a challenge too! Phew!

Linda, I've been meaning to tell you that my girlfriend is from Pictou...what a small world. She is so home sick but there just isn't any work back there for her husband and her to make it. She's actually coming back in Oct. for a couple of weeks.

Anyways ladies...I plan to try and have a semi OP weekend to try and feel back in the game! Have a good one yourselves!

TTYL!

meowee
09-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Good Morning -- :wave:

I feel for your friend TINA . . . Nova Scotia is great, but certainly not the place to make your fortune . . . but I don't think I've ever met "native" Maritimer who didn't always want to come home.

It's raining buckets today . . . That's okay with me since I still don't feel too great anyway. Guess I'll have a stay-at-home-and-do-nothing kind of day. Might do some laundry if I can work up the energy. :shrug:

Hope everybody else great plans for having loads of fun . . . see you all later . . . :grouphug:

fiberlover
09-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Hope everyone is going to have a great weekend!
Going out shopping with my sister and her 2 girls today. Hoping to stay away from ice cream, or at least steer them somewhere that I can get a skim latte or something!

anajjana
09-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Was down a pound this morning.

Didn't do 30min on mini tramp but I did get in some good sweaty dancing at a club last night!!

meowee
09-16-2007, 11:23 AM

anajjana
09-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Back up another lb this morning, don't know why, I stayed on plan all day.

This is getting nerve-racking!

Have a nice day!

fiberlover
09-16-2007, 06:01 PM
Jana, are you taking measurements? Even if the scale is stuck, you could be losing inches!

anajjana
09-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Fiber-*sigh* no, i used to take them every morning when i fist started losing, but have slacked off so much i don't even kno what they are now.

BUT, the scale was down to 187 this morning!!!

You ladies have a wonderful day!!!

staffingchick
09-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Happy Monday Ladies! WOW, it is sooooo cold here today! I don't think we're going to see that Indian summer that everyone was hoping for! Anyways, I have finally broken the barrier....I was 169 this morning-YAY! I was having such issues getting into the 60's....I don't know why. I'm hoping to hit it hard this week and get down to 167 atleast. Because the temps are dropping, I too am considering joining the gym. There's one by me that offers a private womens center (which is kind of nice, but sometimes women are more critical than the men-LOL!!). I havent made a decision yet, but I'm going to have to do something soon. It's going to be hard to resist the temptations of warm pumpkin pie, and bread, and other fall treats. Good luck girls. Chat soon.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/169/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

meowee
09-17-2007, 12:13 PM

I was up nursing a diabetic hypoglycemic event from 2:30 to 4:30 and then went back to bed and didn't get up again until almost 10 . . . feels like a whole new day to me, but it will be a very short one, I guess. Hate it when that happens because everything is out of kilter for the rest of the day.

Have a great one, gang . . . see you later :wave:

LadyLai
09-17-2007, 01:57 PM
Hey all! Hope your weekend was a good one! I'm home alone again! Sometimes it feels really nice to have just your own space...but I do love it when Mom spends some time here too. Just all that lovely cooking isn't adding to the subtracting on the scale! Time to really kick it in gear again....we're going to Hong Kong in December! ACCkkk! I need to lose...I need to lose! :D

Anyways...here's to another day of making choices that'll last ya, and changes that'll fix ya!

TTFN!

fiberlover
09-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Plugging away one day at a time. I have now made it through 2 weekends staying on plan. Whew!! I need to keep going - starting to get the old confidence back about getting to goal.
Must hang on to it.... must!!!

meowee
09-18-2007, 01:19 PM

LadyLai
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Okay ladies.....I'm checking out a gym tomorrow!! ACCCkkkk!! I'm so nervous! But I convinced my girlfriend to come with me (she's about my size) so I hope things work out for us. **fingers crossed**

Lori, that's all it takes. One day at a time and soon you'll find yourself back in the game full speed ahead. Love your motivation...you're inspiring me today!

Hi Linda!

Hope the rest of you are well and being the best you can be!
TTFN!

fiberlover
09-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Hi all!
Went out to dinner the other night at Applebees. My favorite entree to get is the Fiesta Lime chicken, probably one of the worst choices you could make LOL!
I ended up getting one of the weight watcher meals, and stayed well within my fat and calorie limit for the day.

Weigh in today - down .8 :carrot::carrot:

meowee
09-20-2007, 11:22 AM

Sorry I was missing yesterday -- it just turned into "one of those days" -- you know the kind. Among other things, the scale:devil: still hates me. My usual pattern -- Sunday, 226 -- Wednesday (the official day), 230 -- this morning, 227. Soooooo, guess I get to look at 228 on the ticker for another week. OMG this gets tiresome. :( Oh well . . . all good things come to she who waits and waits and waits. :lol:

Have a great day, everybody. Keep things moving and shaking. :carrot:

LadyLai
09-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Weigh to go Lori! Woo Hoo! Congrats on your loss girl.

Linda, yeah...I so know what "one of those days" mean. I'm feeling kinda in a funk myself. I don't know why, but I'm so tired...I even feel like my brain is tired..LOL! It's been like this since last week. I try to push through it but it gives me a headache to do so. I checked my blood pressure at Walmart, you know the ones that you stick your arm into and press "start", (however accurate they may be), but my results came in below normal. Not so sure whats happening with me lately.

Well ladies, I went on a couple of tours of gyms and I was right. So totally intimidated by the men and women there. UGH! Don't know how I feel about that, I was so disappointed because I thought this would be the answer. I'm thinking about Curves now.

Anyways, I have to boot..I gotta babysitt for my friend in like 5minutes. Have a great day!

TTFN!

fiberlover
09-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Tina - do you take extra vitamins? If not, you might want to add a B complex onto your daily multi. It really makes a difference in fatigue for me.

staffingchick
09-21-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm with the rest of you....completely frustrated and tired! I was doing well, and then this week I get the lovely monthly reminder of how wonderful it is to be a woman-LOL!!! Men will never understand what we go through. I feel like I've gained 20 pounds, I swear!! In reality, I have only gained 1, but it still stinks! Other than that, just the usual weekly stuff, of work, kids, husband, and more work! I'm looking forward to starting fresh on Sunday. Good Luck Ladies! Chat soon.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/170/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

meowee
09-21-2007, 03:07 PM
:wave:

LadyLai
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Tina - do you take extra vitamins? If not, you might want to add a B complex onto your daily multi. It really makes a difference in fatigue for me.

No, I haven't really thought of taking a multi vitamin. I am the worst person to remember to take pills anyways...as terrible as that may sound. :^: Thanks for the advice! I've been feeling a lot better today...maybe it could have been something going around...some sort of bug.

meowee
09-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Good Morning again . . . :grouphug:

Still not feeling up to par . . . partly because my blood sugar levels are still being so erratic . . . hope it gets back in sync soon. At least our weather is still being really, really kind to us. Keep it coming Mama Nature. :yes:

Kittens (and cats) are being good. Eating is pretty good. Exercise (well :shrug:).

Have a great day gang . . . See you later . . . :wave:

fiberlover
09-22-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone!
Went to a balloon fest last night, and did pretty well. I was dying for a fried dough, but then DH found a booth that had a sliced fresh apple with some caramel sauce on it.
It was a small scoop of sauce, and it really hit the spot. I imagine I saved quite a few calories exchanging that for fried dough!!

have a great weekend everyone!!

meowee
09-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Good Morning Gang . . . :grouphug:

Silly weather report for today says mild and sunny . . . so far it is cloudy and windy? :shrug: Just had a nice breakfast of HF cereal with mixed berries and skim milk.

Pretty good eating day yesterday, too, and the scale says 227 this morning . . . of course, since it doesn't count :(. . . by Wednesday, when it does? -- only the scale:devil: knows what he may feel like by then.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for today . . . need some apples and egg whites, so guess I'll have to do a little grocery run . . . other than that SSDD. Hope you all have a great moving and shaking good time on the go. See you soon . . . :wave:

fiberlover
09-23-2007, 12:12 PM
Meowie - what's HF cereal?

meowee
09-23-2007, 01:24 PM
High Fibre Cereal -- like All-Bran or Fibre One. I use one called Fibre First -- 46 grams of carb and 26 grams of fibre per cup -- that is only available in Canada so I tend to describe it just in a general way since most people on 3FC have never heard of that particular brand.

meowee
09-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Northern Nova Scotia is feeling darned cold today -- only 13C/55F as a predicted high. If the sun would come out it might warm up a bit. Oh well, they are predicting better stuff for the rest of the week. Hope they are right.

My weight is below ticker for the second day in a row and I'm beginning to hold out hope for my 'official' number on Wednesday. :crossed:

Hope everybody has a great day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

fiberlover
09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Meowee - thanks for the definition.
DH calls those really high fiber cereals "colon blow" LOL!
They don't bother me though, as I shoot for 25 grams of fiber a day, so my body is used to it.

Even when I stop NutriSystem -I am going to continue to order their breakfast pancakes. 12 grams of fiber and and 11 grams of protein per serving! Plus they taste good and are very versatile.

Made it through football day without any issues. DH remarked at how in control I was over my cashews LOL. I am a cashew fiend, and allow myself 6 whole nuts per day as a fat serving. So far, I have stuck to that and not grabbed a big hand full, as I have been known to do on multiple occasions!

Here's to a downward trend on tickers this week!.

LadyLai
09-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Hey ladies! I joined Curves! I really think that this will help me tone. Not to mention it will be really easy (for me) once I'm already out the door dropping my daughter off at school to just continue to the gym. I start tomorrow!! Yay! I'm really excited about this. Hopefully this will get a few inches off my hips and butt so I can fit comfortably in the plane seat come December. And I went for a brisk walk well over an hour this morning with my friend. Feeling good! Hope you all had a great weekend!

TTFN!

meowee
09-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Here I am again . . . :wave:

It is Tuesday . . . the sun was shining for a few minutes, but has decided to retreat again. All is relatively quiet on the feline front -- although there was some chewing of TP going on overnight. Freckle is the prime suspect.

Nothing to much is new with me. Weight is still holding at 226.2. Tomorrow you will see either a :yay: or a :tantrum: depending on what the FFM and scale:devil: decide.

See you later . . . :carrot:

LadyLai
09-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Good luck Linda on your weigh-in tomorrow!

Hey to everyone else! How are you all doing? I'm feeling really in control these past two days. I did my first workout at Curves and boy that sure gets your heart rate up and sweat going! It was really good. I went for an hour and ten minute walk before too! Yippee!

Have a great day!
TTFN!

fiberlover
09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Good for you Tina! :ebike:

I am going out to dinner with DH tonight. He won the week's football picks - and chose a place I am a bit nervous about. Going to give them a call and see if there is anything grilled on the menu. Not losing control, no way!!
I feel like I am on a roll now.

Thanks for everyone's support!!

meowee
09-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Hang in there LORI . . . surely they serve salad . . . fill up on that -- even if you have to order double.

fiberlover
09-25-2007, 11:30 PM
well - arrived for dinner and was pleasantly surprised to see a menu full of healthy choices! I had a turkey sandwich on wheat with a side salad. Plus 2 bites of hubby's calzone (yum!!!).

What a relief! Now if he wants to go there again I can agree with pleasure!

jelynn
09-26-2007, 01:46 AM
Hey everyone :wave:

Well, I'm feeling like i'm back in the game. I've had 3 good food days in a row and have started back up doing t-tapp and walk/running on the treadmill. Feeling committed so this is good, lol.

meowee
09-26-2007, 07:22 AM
:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum:

meowee
09-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Okay :o . . . I'm back and I've calmed down a little. Had coffee; wrestled the garbage to the curb; fed everybody; -- and banished the nasty scale:devil: to the corner.

After three days of reading 226 . . . now that it is my official weigh-in morning, he had the audacity to register 228 AGAIN . . . we have been doing this same routine for two month's now. Let's see how he likes standing face to the wall for a while. He won't be coming out until the end of the month -- I know, it's not far off -- but it is a Sunday (usually one of my low days). Maybe this will at least break the pattern of the personal vendetta he has going for me. Then he will return to the corner until the end of October (a Wednesday :lol:) Hopefully Mr. Scale:devil: will learn some manners by then.

Other than that, SSDD for me -- hope everybody else is having a great one -- :wave: See you later . . . :grouphug:

LadyLai
09-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey Lori, good for you making wise food choices! Eating out is a HUGE thing in our family. I don't know why, but for some reason on the weekends we don't cook. I can only imagine how much better I'd be doing if I did stay home...just my hubbys crazy schedule that we've grown accustomed to. But like you, I do make good choices, eating out doesn't always necessarily mean you have to eat bad.

Linda, for pete sake..change your weigh in day girl! I'd so claim that 226! Perhaps your body is in the same rut week after week, have you tried mixing things up a bit?

Hi Emily! Good for you staying OP for 3 days! It just takes one day at a time. Don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow...focus on the here and now...you'll make it!

I'm having a pretty productive morning so far. I got my child off to school on time, went and did my workout at Curves and managed to pick up a lot of healthy things at the grocery store! Now I have to decide what I want for lunch..hehehe! So many choices, so little time and calories...

Anyways all, have a great day! :carrot:
TTFN!

staffingchick
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
OMG Linda....I am cracking up after reading your post. You are so funny. I never thought of it, but I think my scale has it out for me too-LOL!! I needed a good laugh today. I am getting sick....yuck! Think it may be bronchitis, not sure yet. The good thing is that my throat hurts, so I'm not eating much. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning. If I don't like what it says I'm going to put it in "time-out", like Linda!!! Thanks for the posts girls!!

fiberlover
09-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone. Leaving tomorrow for a 4 day trip - eek!! Hoping to stay in control. We are going to Niagara Falls for our wedding anniversary. At least you go to the Falls for the scenery and not the food (unlike New Orleans!).

RRVMMM
09-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been around much lately. Time has a way of getting away from me right now. We are in prep mode getting ready for my husband to deploy. He will be leaving in about 25 days and it seems like there are a million things to do before he leaves.

My scales are still holding out at 230 but I am not too upset with that. Considering we haven't eat at home much in the past 2 or 3 weeks I think not gaining is a good thing. I do want to start loosing again and am determine to get back into the groove, but .............Well for one, I just don't want to take an hour out of my evening with my hubby to go walking and he is always too tired in the evenings to go with me so I have been just spending some time with him. But since I am the Coordinater for our Family Readiness Group I have come up with a good activity for us wives to do while the guys are in Iraq. We will walk to Iraq and Back. From where we are it is 7016 miles to Iraq, we are going to each walk everyday and keep a log as to how far we walk, when we meet monthly we will all total everyone's distances and see if we can walk all the way to Iraq and then back before the guys return. I am kinda excited and since I am so competitive I know I will want to do more than the others.:D

Well time to get to work, hope everyone has a good evening.

staffingchick
09-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Robbin - your post just brought a tear to my eye. I guess I am just overly emotional today! That is so awesome what you and the others are doing while your loved ones are away. It's nice that you are doing something so positive, and it will definitely help with your weight loss. Keep us posted - it will be nice to hear your progress. Good Luck!
On another note.....hopefully the scale is kind to me in the morning. I'll post again tomorrow. Have a fabulous evening. Chat Soon.

meowee
09-27-2007, 07:12 AM
Good Morning . . . :grouphug:

Up way to early this morning -- had my coffee -- wondering what to do next. At least the scale:devil: is still safely in the corner having his little 'time-out'. So I can't even rant about him. Exercise on Thursday is usually a "shop 'til you drop" with my buddy LouLou; but today it just might be "clean the garage" instead. Will see how things feel once I find out what the weather is going to be like. It is only now starting to get light out there.

Hope you all have great plans for the day . . . see you later . . . :wave:

LadyLai
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Angela, sorry to hear you're getting sick. I hope it's something that you can recover quickly from. Good luck on your weigh-in!!

Lori, Niagra Falls is so beautiful! Enjoy your trip and Happy Anniversary!

Robbin, your tactic to keep your spirits up while hubby is deployed is a wonderful idea! Wow, I'm excited for you! I wish you all the strength and positivness that there can be while your hubby is gone.

Linda, shopping till you drop is surely exercise. A lot of great walking and you don't even know you're doing it. Have fun!

I finished my workout for the day already. Did a whole house sweep yesterday, bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, laundry..blah blah blah. Now all I have left is a mountain of ironing..blahh!

Have an awesome day!
TTFN!

meowee
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Good Morning . . . :wave:

Did both the garage shovelling and the mall crawling yesterday . . . boy was I feeling proud of myself . . . then I blew all the great calorie burning by eating a whole 600 calories of Cote d'Or, 86% cocoa, chocolate . . . tasted awfully good mind you. :o

Weather today is raining. Supposed to clear up again sometime tomorrow afternoon and be good for the rest of the weekend. :crossed: So far everything is pretty good with my world . . . did my morning exercises -- deep (better call that shallow) knee bends and some upper-body strength moves -- followed by protein pancakes for breakfast.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for the day . . . how about you?

meowee
09-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi out there . . . :mag:

meowee
09-30-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi there . . . it's Sunday . . . looks like I'm talking to myself again . . . have a great day, gang. See you later . . . :wave:

santamonica
09-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I've hit the plateau several times, most currently my weight now (187-188) IT WON'T GO DOWN! Though, I've been relapsing a tiny bit--I still exercise an hour a day or so, walk everywhere instead of driving, eat healthy, etc. etc. Except I keep having more and more "naughty" days. I should be happy I'm not gaining weight, just staying the same, BUT STILL lol. It's extremely frustrating, especially since I have this goal I want to reach and it looks like it's not happening:(

meowee
10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Okay, Chickies . . . welcome to OCTOBER . . . I love this month. Let's all try to make it one of our best ever.

Hi there SANTAMONICA . . . :welcome: to the group and :wel3fc: also. We will all be looking forward to getting to know you better as we travel down this long and sometimes very bumpy road to better health and fitness.

I'm promising myself that I will get moving this month -- as many of you know I really abhor exercise. But I think my magnificently quick weight loss this year (13 pounds in 9 months - give me a break:s:) reflects the fact that I've come as far as I can without getting into a regular exercise routine. Soooooo, yesterday I ordered two new 'toys' . . .

(1) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...929_TonyLittle

(2) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr..._070929_UrbanR

Now all I have to do is (well, after they arrive in a couple of weeks) use them. Actually, as I was doing a little bouncing around with my new "Buddy Ball" (replaced the one that sprung a leak), I was looking around my family/sun room and wondering where on earth I thought I was going to put all this stuff. Will just have to make room, because I know myself well -- out of sight definitely means out of mind.

Anyway . . . weather is not exactly bright and shiny for the start of the new month, but hopefully it will improve. Temperature is a very chilly -1C/30F, but that is supposed to go to 17C/63F. We'll just have to wait and see what really happens, I guess.

Better get a move on, many places to go and things to do. Hope everybody has a great fun kind of day planned . . . see you later . . . :wave

staffingchick
10-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Hey Chickies! Well, I'm holding steady at 169...which I guess isn't so bad since I haven't gained any weight. I actually had PIZZA this weeekend for the first time since May. It was sooooo yummy. I only had 2 small pieces, and felt very satisfied. It's amazing how much you appreciate pizza when you don't have it all of the time. Anyways, I had a nice relaxing weekend for a change. We took the kids on a hayride, and picked out pumpkins and scarecrows for decorating outside. My two year old was amazed! I was craving something sweet afterwards, but didn't give in. I want to get to 165 so badly! I hope you all had a great weekend too. I love October....let's set some mini-goals to reach by halloween....then we can all enjoy a piece (or two of halloween candy)!! My mini-goal for the month will be 8 pounds! So I will hopefully be 161 by the 31st. . . . what a "treat" that will be-LOL!! Let me know if you want to join me and set some mini goals. We can help to keep each other motivated. Chat soon.
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/169/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

fiberlover
10-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone! Made it through my trip without any real major food meltdowns. We had a great time, great weather and tons of walking!

I ate on plan for all but one meal - and that one was because there was absolutely nothing on the menu that worked out well. Checked the scale this morning and it says down 1 pound, but weigh in isn't official until later this week :D

Hope all of you are going to have a great week sticking to your plans!

meowee
10-02-2007, 10:20 AM

Wow . . . good going for both of you . . . I want some pizza :( too. Can't remember the last time I indulged.

My goal for October is to keep on doing at least a little bit of exercise every day . . . Did some pretend bicyle pedalling while I had my morning coffee. Enough to get my heart rate up a bit and to remind me I have muscles in my calves. :D If I can manage to lose a couple of pounds, too -- well that would be the non-icing on my non-cake.

Have a great day, gang. Keep things moving and shaking and I'll see you later. :carrot:

LadyLai
10-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Good Morning girls! Well, I have made it through the weekend and Monday night (hubbys night to cook) with holding onto my last weeks loss! Yay! I've got my workout in at Curves and now back again to face a whole lot of house wifely duties.

Monica, welcome to our little group! We have all been there, and take it from me...you do not want to RE-LOSE the weight you've worked so hard to get off. Just keep at it, stop the naughty days and mix up your calories and workouts. You gotta trick your body so it doesn't know what's coming...or else it will keep enjoying that rut it's got you into. Congrats on the amazing weight loss so far! You go girl!

Linda, LOVE the goals you have set for yourself. I think adding exercise to your healthful eating will surely bring you some results. The links didn't work for me, so whatcha gettin'? I'm so the same as yourself, outta sight ... outta mind. Good for you!

Angela, MMMMmmmm pizza. I have something to admit, when I hit my 40lb. loss goal...my treat was Pizza Hut...how bad is that! LOL Your weekend sounded awesome! How much fun for the kids!

Lori, good for you to come away from a celebratory weekend with a loss! Glad you had such a great trip.

Oh girls, I'm just one pound away from adding another pound loss on my ticker...I want that so bad! I'm keeping at it, and I fully intend on having a total OP day to help me with my urge to change that ticker! Have a great day!

TTFN!

fiberlover
10-02-2007, 04:03 PM
We have all been there, and take it from me...you do not want to RE-LOSE the weight you've worked so hard to get off.

That does suck so bad! My scale records my weight each week, and I didn't change anything when I hit the plateau last year, then the backslide. So even though I have starting losing weight again, I still need to lose another 18 pounds to back to even, so to speak.

It'll be good to go clothes shopping from my closets again soon! :D

meowee
10-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Gosh Tina . . . you are not the first to mention that the link doesn't work today . . . the Shopping Channel must have done something because they worked yesterday.

Anyway, the newest Tony Little Gazelle called the SprintMaster. It's the first Gazelle to have adjustable tension springs so you can vary the workout a bit more. The Urban Rebounder was on for C$100 so I had to get it too. You may remember I mentioned wanting one way back when you bought your trampoline. It's the only one that has a stability bar on it to keep me from bouncing off on my head. :lol: I'm actually getting excited. Hope they get here soon.

Lori, I know how you feel too. We must avoid losing the same stuff over and over again. Definitely not one of those times when "practice makes perfect".

meowee
10-03-2007, 05:44 PM
GODZELLA (the Gazelle) has arrived . . . only 3 days after I ordered it . . . :yikes: . . . now I guess I'd better get it out of the box and find it a home.

fiberlover
10-03-2007, 08:01 PM
meowee - cool on the gazelle! I won an ebay bid last night for the Core Rhythms CDs. Only $22 with shipping for all 3 discs! I have been wanting to order those for a while, hope I like them!
I'm getting bored with my dvds.

Weigh in was good - I lost 2.4 pounds! That's with vacation in there, so I am super excited and super motivated right now.

have a great evening everyone!!

meowee
10-03-2007, 08:13 PM
:yay: LORI :high:

LadyLai
10-03-2007, 09:45 PM
Yay Lori! Good for you girl! Love hearing the success around here. It's so motivating!

Linda, wow...that sure was fast! I wonder if getting it out of the box and assembly will be as fast as that! LOL (teasing ya!) I'm excited for ya, I know we'll be hearing a lot of great things from all that exercising you'll be doing.

Well chickies, I still didn't get to change that ticker again today. But I may know the reason, three letters...T-O-M!! Ugh! I hate this time, nothing ever seems to go the way you want it to. Cravings aren't around though which is a bonus. Anyways, check back with y'all tomorow!

fiberlover
10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
Tina, the ticker change will come - we plateau people have to be patient, right?

I'm rooting for you - here are some skinny vibes {{{{{{skinny}}}}}}} ;)

meowee
10-04-2007, 02:35 PM
OMG . . . why does one thing always lead to another and another and another . . .

First, since I decided I'd try using my stability ball as a computer chair to help make room for Godzella, I had to move furniture around in the computer room. Only to discover, I don't like the ball-chair because it is too low (although I did like the feeling of extra activity in my abs). Now, I just discovered I managed to break a tiny little piece off the paper tray for my printer in the moving process and I can't get paper to feed correctly and the silly machine just keeps shutting itself down. :mad:

Next, just finished rearranging my entire sunroom/family room (and, of course, doing a good deep cleaning as well) to find a home for Godzella as well as my other toys and the cat toys, too. I haven't stopped since about 6:30 this morning. I'm definitely well exercised today.

But, I still haven't put the stupid Gazelle together. I did get it out of the box and the many, many, many pieces all laid out in order on the livingroom floor. Also got the packaging junk carted out to the garage. I've just run out of steam for today.

At this rate, it's going to take me longer to get it set up than it took the Shopping Channel to deliver it . . . :lol3: . . . and Tina thought she was kidding. :p

LadyLai
10-04-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey Lori, thanks for those skinny vibes! The scale actually, finally budged today!! Yay! I guess that keeping consistant really does work...hehehe! I'm down one more pound!

Linda, you're day really was a doozy huh. Poor thing, but I just can't help not to have a chuckle at your expense because I know that I'd probably be just as frustrated. At least you got a lot of extra movement in today!

Not much new happening on my end, other than I'm still keep completely on project and it seems it has started to work. I ran a lot of errands this morning and I have to go to school this afternoon to help out. I booked the indoor soccer arena for Alyssa's 6th birthday party coming up on the 26th. That is going to be a blast! They are going to divided the field into 3 areas, one for a game of soccer, the second with all sorts of crawling through tubes and bouncy balls you sit on and jump around and the third area will have a bounce house. All for a $180! I'm impressed considering she has 25 kids on her list!! I don't have to have it at home! Phew!

Anyway ladies, hope you have an awesome day! Check back with y'all tomorrow!

TTFN!

meowee
10-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Just a quick little fly-by this morning . . . :wave:

Wow, TINA, that is a really great price for what sounds like a lot of fun.

Hope to tackle Gadzella a little later today -- still finding the thought of all those pieces a little intimidating. :lol: Maybe I'll see if I can find a ten-year-old to tackle it -- you know that old line -- "so easy a , etcetera".

Later . . . :carrot:

staffingchick
10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
This is so frustrating. I keep losing and gaining the same pound day in and day out! Maybe I should stop weighing in every day. I have set a mini goal to be at 161 by the end of October, and I can't seem to get past 169 for some reason. Okay, I just needed to vent a bit. I don't want to be negative, so I'm looking at today as a NEW day, and a chance to break the cycle. I've been too busy to get out for my nightly walks, so I'm sure that's part of my problem. TINA, I have a little girl named Alyssa too! She is nine yaers old. My two year old is named Jacob, he just had his birthday on October 2nd......also my wedding anniversary. (I figured if I had a baby on our 1st anniversary my husband would have have to remember - LOL!) Hope you all are doing well - chat soon.

LadyLai
10-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Linda, I have all the confidence in the world that once you start assembling that it will start flowing easily for you. Hey, if a man can figure it out without directions (as all men try to do), I'm sure a women can do it by following the directions the first time! I had a Tony Little gazelle too (sold it to my sister), it's not that bad of an assembly. Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING weekend by the way!! I'll have a house full (as usual).

Angela, hang in there girl. Consistance is key to getting results. I've been stuck without any movement either since last week and I have been totally OP, but yesterday it gave in a pound! You can do this!! Too cool that we both have little Alyssa's, it's not that common of a name I find.

Guess what happened to me today?!! My hubby phones me while I'm at Curves (9am) and says, "how does eleven sound to go have a pedicure?". I was so surprised and so excited and boy was it ever good! How sweet...I wonder what he's up to??! hahaha!

Anyways ladies...it's Thanksgiving Weekend and I need all your willpower vibes to help get me through this one!!

See you on the other side of the weekend. Have a great one!

TTFN!

meowee
10-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Good Morning . . . it's a beautiful day for the start of our long Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so hopefully the good weather will continue and hopefully I will stay out of "all the trimmings" that seem to go along with the turkey. :lol:

I'm exhausted and I ache everywhere after the great deal of furniture rearranging and new toy assembling that has been going on since Wednesday. Both GADZELLA (the Gazelle) and TRAMP (the Urban Rebounder) are in place and functional now . . . Yippee . . . and BUDDY (the Stability Ball) has turned into a fine new computer chair since I gave him a little more air. Think I'll be fine with the Rebounder (although I will have to fight the cats for it since they've decided it makes a fine new bed) but it may take me a bit of time to conquer the Gazelle . . . it's :eek:

BTW . . . why did you dispose of yours TINA ????? Just curious.

Have a great moving and shaking day, gang . . . :carrot:

meowee
10-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Hello again Meowee . . . :wave:

staffingchick
10-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Okay, Please help me understand something. Soooo, I've been very good lately. I weigh myself in the middle of the day yesterday thinking that I gained again(I heard you always weigh more in the middle of the day), and it was actually down to 168-YAY! NOW for the bad part....I got on the scale this morning, and it said I gained 2.5 pounds! Is that possible? How could I have gained so much just in a 12 hour period?? I am so frustrated right now. Has this happened to any of you??? HELP!

meowee
10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
It happens constantly . . . it's really all a matter of water distribution (mostly) coupled with the stage at which your digestion process is sitting. Pick one time of day (most people find first thing in the morning, before eating or drinking anything, works best). Try not to obsess about it. It's only a number and we are all much more than numbers. :hug:

Good Morning everybody . . . :wave:

Looks like it's going to be one of those days . . . I spilled a 16 oz glass of water across my desk this morning. :yikes: Now my printer is going crazy again (it was closest). The rest of the system bits seem to be working just fine (obviously, since I'm here and typing :lol:). Can't even blame the cats; they were not in the room when I did it.

It's a little overcast right now but the sun has been breaking through a little. Hope it comes out to cheer the final day of our long Thanksgiving weekend.

Here's wishing all of you a wonderful day of doing all the good stuff just as much as you possibly can. The rewards will eventually follow. See you later.

staffingchick
10-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Linda....you are exactly right. I am much more than numbers! Thanks for the words of wisdom. I am just going to keep at it, and I know it will pay off soon. My husband wants to schedule a day to go get a family picture taken in November....that is great motivation to keep this going! I hope you all have a great day.

fiberlover
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Hi all! Been swamped lately. Business is busy, family visiting. You know those days where the time is flying by because you are busy and you still feel like you aren't getting anything done??:dizzy:

Eating right is helping me stay focused on tasks. I have to remember that, it's easy to start mindless eating when it's done on my feet!

Anyhoo - just buzzing through!

RRVMMM
10-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Hey ladies how is everyone doing? Pretty good here, scales are still hanging at 233 which I know I know is soooo off from my ticker but I just keep telling myself that the ticker is what I am working for and by dang I will get back there. I finally went grocery shopping this past weekend and bought all the good stuff so I am now definately back on track. Did a little walking last night but not going to be back on the exercise track till hubby is gone, I am gonna enjoy my evenings with him while I can. I am actually a little excited about my being on plan while he is gone. I am determine to be one HOT MAMA when he comes back next year. :D

Hope everyone is doing great. Check back soon.

LadyLai
10-09-2007, 03:40 PM
OHHHHhhhh...I've got a turkey hang over! Turkey dinner, turkey sandwiches...turkey soup! Thank God all this is white meat right!?? I'm fighting a couple buffer pounds from the weekend but back on project again. Hopefully these buffer pounds will be gone shortly!

Angela, I had one of those days last week. Just didn't seem fair, but hang in there and keep pushing yourself...you'll be rewarded soon enough!

Linda, how's the printer doing?

Lori, I so know how those days you described go. Seems I have had a few days like that myself this past weekend.

Robbin, I know you'll knock your hubbys socks off when he sets his eyes on you again! You rock it girl!

Well ladies, I'm busy busy...have a great day and see you tomorrow!

TTFN!

fiberlover
10-09-2007, 05:34 PM
Tina - turkey is really good for you! I like to wrap some up really well and freeze it. Funny how after eating everything turkey for a few days, you get so tired of it. Then a craving will pop up a few weeks later.
DH and I were discussing Halloween last night. Trying to decide what to get for the kiddies that I won't be too tempted with.
Last year we did individual raisin boxes and goldfish packets. But I do like those LOL!
We would rather not give candy as a rule, but I might break down and do gummy stuff, since I don't like it.

LadyLai
10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh Lori, lets not even start to think about how torturous Halloween is gonna be! LOL! I'm a terrible chocoholic!

Hey all! Hope you're doing well. I'm already just about back to pre-Thanksgiving weight. One more pound, I know I'll bust it out by tomorrow (boy don't I sound confident?!) Hopefully take another pound with it. Seems weight loss is so slow, but at least it's coming right?! One thing I have noticed are my muscles since joining Curves a couple of weeks ago. I can't wait till next weigh in and measurements to see if this has really been helping or have I been wishful thinking..... We'll see!

Have an awesome day ladies!
TTfN!

fiberlover
10-10-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi all! Had a weigh in today - lost 2 more pounds! :carrot::carrot:

DH called me a good loser, LOL!

16 more pounds before I am back in 'virgin' fat territory, can't wait!

Hope all of your are movin and losin!!!

LadyLai
10-10-2007, 03:03 PM
:carrot::hug::carrot:
:bravo::high::bravo:

:dancer: "Weigh" to go Lori! Congrats!

meowee
10-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Quick :wave: . . . computer is suffering from that "toilet-seat-disease" today.

fiberlover
10-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Quick :wave: . . . computer is suffering from that "toilet-seat-disease" today.

Ewwwww.... what's that??

LadyLai
10-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Ewwwww.... what's that??

My thoughts exactly....
After cleaning my three bathrooms today, that's probably the last thing I wanna hear! hahaha!

meowee
10-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Okay gang . . . Good Morning . . . Sorry I was missing yesterday.

Bumped into a couple of old friends at the doctor's office (of all places) and they kidnapped me and tied me up and force fed me both lunch and dinner before releasing me again . . . I stopped counting when I got to 2500 calories. Definitely climbing back on the wagon today.

BTW . . . toilet seat disease = "going up and down" like a toilet seat in a house full of brothers and sisters and only one bathroom. :lol:

Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned. See you all later . . . :carrot:

LadyLai
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
LOL! Linda, you came up with quite a description for your computer! Sounds like you had great fun yesterday. Now get back on that :kickbutt: wagon girl!! :D

Well girls....I get to change my ticker today!!! Yay! Down another pound for the week. I going out with my girlfriend for lunch today. She's doing Jenny Craig and I'm motivated to lose for HK, so don't worry...we'll be good!

Have an awesome day and weekend!!
TTFN!

fiberlover
10-12-2007, 01:36 PM
I tried the Core Rhythms workout yesterday. Holy Crow is that hard!! Fun, though. I did pretty well until the 3rd segment, and the moves were a bit complicated for me right now. They do have a help section on the dvds which goes over the moves slowly - so I need to practice that.
I can only imagine what I looked like :D

But, it's a nice change of pace with workouts.

fiberlover
10-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Well girls....I get to change my ticker today!!! Yay! Down another pound for the week. I going out with my girlfriend for lunch today. She's doing Jenny Craig and I'm motivated to lose for HK, so don't worry...we'll be good!

Have an awesome day and weekend!!
TTFN!

:carrot::carrot::carrot: :woohoo:

meowee
10-13-2007, 11:12 AM

:yay: LORI on finding a new workout routine.

:yay: TINA on losing another pound.

:yay: me, too (hopefully). I'm back in the groove after Thursday's debacle.

See you later, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . . :carrot:

fiberlover
10-13-2007, 04:19 PM

:yay: me, too (hopefully). I'm back in the groove after Thursday's debacle.

See you later, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking today . . . :carrot:

{{{{{skinny}}}}}}} skinny vibes to you!!

meowee
10-14-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks LORI . . . I think those vibes helped . . . I had a great day yesterday and I'm working on a repeat for today.

Have a great moving and shaking time today, everybody . . . :carrot:

meowee
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi gang . . . :wave: . . . come out, come out wherever you are.

fiberlover
10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi all - busy, busy, busy here. Closed on one of my investment properties today - finally! Now on to the next.

Stayed on plan over the weekend, so that was good. Feeling pretty bloaty today, though.

meowee
10-16-2007, 10:36 PM

meowee
10-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Morning everybody . . . :grouphug:

It's a cool one in northern Nova Scotia -- 10C/50F is the predicted high. Just hope the sun decides to stay with us. It definitely helps.

Nothing more exciting than laundry in my plans . . . how about you?

fiberlover
10-17-2007, 04:53 PM
We have gorgeous weather here in upstate NY. Sunny and 60 degrees. A picture perfect fall day.

No weight loss this week. Not even an ounce! I am not surprised, as I feel like I am retaining a lot of water. I know it isn't related to food, so I am not stressed about it (yet :D ).

LadyLai
10-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Hey everyone...sorry I've been MIA for a few days. I've had my parents staying with me for a few days (dad had to work in the city). Gosh, it has been hard going trying to keep on project when you got so many temptations and "easy way outs". I haven't lost (yet) either this week Lori. I don't know why, but I feel the same as you...really heavy for some reason. I don't know what's up with that but I have been keeping up with my workouts at Curves (haven't missed one) lets hope that counts for something!

TTFN!

meowee
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Another cool day here -- but we do have sun -- it's absolutely gorgeous out there. Hope it lasts for a few days.

Nothing too exciting for me today -- it's my shop 'til you drop day with my buddy LouLou so that will be the majority of my exercise for the day. I'm not as organized as some of you about the exercise, but I have been doing something . . . usually spending time with Gadzella . . . so far every day this month. Majority of my eating has been right OP, too. Have been tempted to drag the scale:devil: out to see what he has to say -- but, a promise is a promise and he is staying in the corner until the 31st.

Have a great day, gang . . . keep things moving and shaking . . . :carrot:

staffingchick
10-18-2007, 10:38 AM
Hello Everyone. I haven't posted in a while, but I'm happy to say that I can finally change my ticker! I'm down 2 pounds so far this week. I really feel like I'm on track now. I have been super busy, so I'm sure that's part of it. I have been doing my best to make smart food choices too! We are having a birthday party for one of my girls in the office today, and we have pumpkin pie.......I will just have a sliver! I hope you are all doing well. Chat soon!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/167/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

LadyLai
10-18-2007, 01:12 PM
Linda, you have great resiliance (sp?) to keep that scale hidden away. Oh my! I'd go nuts with curiosity. Have a great day shopping...what fun!

Hey Angela! Congrats on those 2lbs.! Woo Hoo! You go girl and keep it coming!

Not much new with me today. Did my workout and I'm working on my water. I'm planning to have a total on project day to see if I can start feeling a little better about this heavy feeling. Let ya know in the morning!

TTFN!

meowee
10-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi gang . . . it's afternoon already . . . I'm on the run today . . . see you later. :wave:

LadyLai
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Hey all! The weekend is upon us again (the most challenging part of my week). I think I'm gonna have a quiet one though, that should help with me keeping on project pretty well. No realatives, no alternative foods, no temptations....fingers cross for a loss over the weekend. **Wishful thinking!**

Have a great one!

fiberlover
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Hi all!! Man, I am so ready for the weekend. This was one crazy, busy week! But that's a good thing :dizzy:

Went and bought myself a new pair of pants and top at a consignment store today. DH said I should go get something, since I am suffering from droopy drawer syndrome with my jeans LOL!
I am wobbling between size 14-16, depending on the brand, which is really annoying. Makes it take much longer to find a pair that fits that way. Another 5 pounds and I can shop from my closets again, I think (the 14s). I can get my older pants on, but they are a bit too tight for me to want to wear. Breathing is a good thing, right?? :D

Keep on keepin' on everyone!!

staffingchick
10-19-2007, 09:58 PM
It's Friday night....and yes I have nothing better to do than write a post here-LOL!!! I just put the kids to bed, so I thought I'd check in. Things have went very well this week. I was down another half pound this morning, but I'm dreading this weekend. It's my dad's birthday, and the whole family is getting together for a casino trip-HOW FUN!! I'm hoping that the buffet there will have lots of healthy food choices. I'm going to try not to obsess to much over it though. The weather here in Ohio has been absolutely amazing, so I'm hoping I can get a few more long walks in. I hope you are all enjoying the fall season! Chat Soon.

fiberlover
10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
It's my dad's birthday, and the whole family is getting together for a casino trip-HOW FUN!! I'm hoping that the buffet there will have lots of healthy food choices.

That does sound like fun! Most casino buffets offer lots of different choices. I have never had a hard time being able to eat right at a casino. I have had a hard time not eating the other stuff :D

meowee
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM

It's pouring rain . . . yuck . . . but at least it's fairly warm. Nothing exciting in my weekend plans anyway so maybe I'll get started on my new quilt project -- hey, it's too wet to go Christmas Shopping anyway, right ????

Have a great day . . . :carrot:

meowee
10-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Good Morning . . .

We have sunshine :yay: . . . but with winds strong enough to blow small children away . . . :lol: Nothing too exciting in my plans anyway.

Have a fun day everybody . . . :wave:

fiberlover
10-21-2007, 03:58 PM
Today is football day! Yeah!
Getting my chores done early, raking leaves and such. It's such a gorgeous day to be outside. 70 degrees!!
Treated myself to a bagel with cream cheese for brekkie. I sooooo love bagels.

meowee
10-22-2007, 09:39 AM

Another beautiful day in northern Nova Scotia -- :sunny: with calm winds and a predicted high of over 20C/70F -- almost unheard of for the latter half of October.

Hope everybody else has a great day, too . . . see you later . . . :carrot:

staffingchick
10-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Happy Monday Ladies. I had a nice weekend. NOt sure how successful the weight loss was though. I haven't had a chance to weigh myself, b/c both of my children are sick with the flu bug (I think). I am running on 3 hours sleep so far for the day.......it's amazing what moms can do on no sleep-LOL! Anyways, I did well at the casino. I won a little bit, and had enough to pay for my dads birthday dinner. I had a bit of french onion soup, and a barbecue chicken breast. Overall, a great time. It's hard to believe there's only 9 days til halloween! I'll be checking in later....to hopefully change my ticker again!! Chat soon, and good luck to all!

Rockie86
10-22-2007, 12:20 PM
HI all! :wave:
Relapse here... fell off the bandwagon around April and am just seriously getting back on now. I sort of piddled around over the summer and the past month or so, not really making the effort I know I need to make. I'm not happy where I am now and I know that if I actually push myself, I can do it. After all, I've done it before! :lol:
I'm in my last year of university and we have a ring ceremony at the beginning of December (it's a huge deal) so that's my first goal. I am shooting for 15 pounds but since it's only 6 weeks away now, I will be happy with 10. I just need to get serious and stay motivated!!! :carrot:
My end-date goal is the end of April, 27 weeks away. I want to go on a vacation (if I can afford it) somewhere warm in the week before my graduation, and shop for a new bikini and love myself in it! I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs in total. If I could do that and maintain, I know I would feel so proud of myself.

So... hopefully I can stay on plan this time around!! Love the idea of a relapse/plateau thread, btw. :)

fiberlover
10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi Rockie! This is a most helpful thread. It really has helped me keep on track and find my mojo again!

I can't believe the weather here. 70 degrees! Doing more outside work. I decided to paint the garage door and now I have to finish it, since it is supposed to rain tomorrow and get cold. Too nice to sit indoors today! Stayed on plan for the weekend, so that was good. Hope it pays off on Wednesday!

Have a great day!!

fiberlover
10-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Hi everyone! Hope you are all having a great day!
Giving a report on the Core Rhythms dvds, since I have had them for a couple weeks now.
I kind of like them. Some parts are really, really hard - and I am not sure if I am that uncoordinated, but even when I review the help module, I still can't do it LOL! When I see the infomercial, there are some people on there that I just can't believe think it's easy, I can't see how they could be doing some of these moves.
I am glad I didn't pay full price for these, but I do like the music and most of the workouts.

meowee
10-23-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi gang . . .

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it just never seems to stop. Here's an article I got in my in-box this morning about the lastest 'invention' in the world of tampered-with food -- specifically -- say HI to the newest nasty FAT . . . http://www.dlife.com/dLife/do/ShowContent/food_and_nutrition/fake_fats.html

Obviously the article is aimed at those of us with diabetes -- but unfortuntely it has implications for everybody. :mad:

LadyLai
10-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey Everyone...just a quick post for me. I've got a lot on my plate today. Alyssa's big birthday bash is only four days away and I gotta get my rear in gear and start preparing for **29** kids! You know grab bags, treats, food, etc....Plus I've got an idea for her cake (yeah that's right..I'm making it) that I gotta try and figure out. I hope I can draw well..LOL! Perhaps I'll post a pic if it turns out good.

Everything is still the same. Still working out at curves (measurements tomorrow) and still trying to follow a healthy meal schedule. Fingers crossed!

Welcome Rockie!

TTFN!

staffingchick
10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies. Okay, so I don't know if this is possible, but the scale said that I am down 3 pounds from my last weigh in! I was so floored by it, that I kept moving my scale around the bathroom floor just to be sure that it wasn't some kind of trick. So, I have met my halloween goal, now I'd like to lose 7 more before Thanksgiving. I have to keep it going! I hope you are all doing well. Tina, the party sounds like a blast. I just had a party for my two year old with 17 kids....it was crazy. I'm sure you'll get everything done. Okay, work is calling so I must go....Chat Soon!

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/164/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

fiberlover
10-24-2007, 10:40 AM
staffinchick - that's awesome on your weight loss!!

I had a great weigh in today. I didn't lose even an ounce last week, and this week got that extra 'whoosh'. Down 3.6 pounds, which puts me in a new decade!! :carrot::carrot::carrot:
I am happy! This thread has really helped me stay motivated!

LadyLai
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
Quick post again...I'm on my way out the door to go pick up my mother (1 hr. drive). But I had to come in and share my results from my measurements at Curves. I lost 3.6 pounds...not much eh, but I lost 11 inches!! I guess I have been toning and gaining muscle mass. Oh gosh, I'm so motivated!!

Okay..I better scoot! TTFN!

fiberlover
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Tina - we had the same weight loss this week! Congrats on the pounds and inches!! :D

meowee
10-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi everybody . . . :wave:

Wow you are all doing great . . . Hope my scale-:devil: decides to be kind when I let him out of the corner on the 31st.

meowee
10-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Morning everybody . . . :wave:

fiberlover
10-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Good morning everyone!

Hope you are all having a great day!

staffingchick
10-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Good Morning.
I just wanted to check in quickly. WOW you are all doing so well! I am so proud to be part of this group! I am down another pound-YAY. It seems to be falling off pretty steady now - there's no stopping me now. By the way, you can all call me Angela.....I guess I should change it on my profile! Keep up the hard work girls, it is certainly paying off! Congrats!!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/163/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

meowee
10-26-2007, 12:57 PM

fiberlover
10-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Hey everyone! The weekend is here, yeah!!

Tomorrow is going to be a challenge for me. My sister and I are getting together for a girlie day. Going to the spa, shopping and out for lunch. She and I tend to eat too much when we get together, so it's going to take some control to not go overboard!!

I am looking forward to the aromatherapy sauna and private mineral bath, though :D:D:D

staffingchick
10-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Hello Chickies. Wow Lori, a spa day sounds wonderful. Ya know, I actually have a $100 gift certificate to a spa. My brother gave it to me LAST christmas, and I haven't had any time to use it:-( I guess I need to make time....it sounds like it's going to be a wonderful day. I on the other hand will be at my 4 year old nieces halloween birthday bash. I can't imagine they will have anything healthy there...besides the apples for bobbing of course-LOL!! Hopefully a veggie tray of some sort. It should be fun for the kids. How are the rest of you doing? I have been sick with this nasty flu that seems to be going around. I'm down another pound, but I feel so tired and miserable. I haven't had much of an appetite the last few days. Plus it's rainy and getting cold here, so that doesn't help much either. I made my halloween goal though....I wanted to lose 6 pounds, and I actually lost 8.....now I'd like to set a Turkey Day goal of 6 more pounds. Okay, I better get going, I hope you are all doing well.

P.S
Linda..... I am so anxious for you to get your scale out of the corner, I'm sure it will be very kind to you from now on-LOL!! If it's not, we'll have to come up with a new punishment for it :-))))

Chat Soon
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/162/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

meowee
10-28-2007, 12:43 PM
:wave:

fiberlover
10-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Hope all of you had a great weekend! I had a wonderful day on Saturday, spending time with my sis. I even managed to eat pretty well and stayed within my calorie range for the day, surprise, surprise!

I really can see why people go to the spa. I am going to ask for more gift certificates for christmas!!:D

meowee
10-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Hi gang . . . Afraid I'm really down in the dumps . . . "lost" one of my 7.5 month old kittens yesterday. He tried to fight with one too many plastic bags. :cry: Such a freaking waste of such a special little life. :cry: Today his sisters are wandering the house trying to find him. Guess Heaven needed a Bengal kitten yesterday.

LadyLai
10-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey ladies...sorry this is gonna be another fly by. I feel so worn out. I've had a house full since last wednesday and then the party was on friday. I finally feel like I can start inflated again while trying to get some house work accomplished. I barely have any energy left, but I did get my workout over with!

Linda, sorry to hear of your baby kitty. That had to be such a heart sinking moment! :hug:

fiberlover
10-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Linda, I am so sorry about your kitten! Kitties are so special.

{{{{hugs}}}}}

arawagrl
10-30-2007, 05:19 AM
Well I dunno if its a plateau or just cant be stuffed but in october 2005 I was 100kg 220 pds and am now 72kg 159 pds. I started on jenny craig that was great but the food got really boring after 8 month so went off it then went back on about 6 months later after getting and maintaining 74kg then went off after two weeks. just kept getting sick of the food. then back on and off. Man just needed a change. and it was getting real costly. Now i want to get back on track

arawagrl
10-30-2007, 05:30 AM
wahoo have done enough posts to get a weight tracker :carrot: :dizzy: :D :bravo::dancer:

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-egg/lb/220/132/159/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

arawagrl
10-30-2007, 05:46 AM
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wKOthik/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKOthik/)

arawagrl
10-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Ok I love shoe and I love pink but I aint that pig anymore :carrot:

meowee
10-30-2007, 10:06 AM
:welcome: ARAWAGIRL . . . and Good Morning to everybody else, too.

I'm feeling quite a bit brighter this morning -- amazing what a good night's sleep can do for you. The sun is shining, too and that always helps. It is cold though; just above freezing; but no snow yet.

Have a great day gang . . . :wave:

RRVMMM
10-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

My scales are at 235 right now but I ain't sweatin it. We finally got the hubby off to Iraq and I am now back on track. I swear when he comes home in a year I am gonna knock his socks off. I wanna be down to at least a size 10 by then, and I think I can do it. I am a 16 right now so I dont' think I am setting my goals to high, what do all of you think?

Well time for work, I will check back soon.

meowee
10-31-2007, 10:10 AM

You can do it ROBBIN . . . We are all cheering for you . . . :yes:

Looks like this is going to be one of the best Halloween's (weather-wise) that we've had since I moved to Nova Scotia -- Sun is shining; high is going to be about 10C/50F; and the good weather is predicted to continue through the evening hours.

Best of all -- for me, anyway -- I let the scale:devil: out of his corner and he grudgingly rewarded me with a 2 pound loss for the month of October. :yay: He's going away again though. I know he'll be constantly trying to get 'under foot' if I leave him out and then we'll only start fighting again. So he's staying hidden until the last Wednesday in November (the 28th). ;)

Hope you all have a very Happy Haunting Day . . . :spid:

RRVMMM
10-31-2007, 10:41 AM
Congrats on the 2 pounds Linda. :carrot:

fiberlover
10-31-2007, 01:08 PM
Great job Linda!! :carrot::carrot::carrot: Maybe you should give the scale a little treat when you lock him back up!

I had a great weight loss this week as well. Down 3.4 pounds! I was shocked - weighed myself 3 times to make sure. I donated blood yesterday, so I am counting one pound as my missing pint of blood, but the rest of that was a good loss!

staffingchick
10-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Happy Halloween Ladies. I hope you are all having a good day, and avoiding those delicous little treats-LOL! I have to admit that I plan on having a few pieces of chocolate tonight, but I won't go overboard. I am holding steady at 162, and I'm happy with that considering that I haven't been extremely good lately. Linda, I am so happy to hear that your scale was kind to you. I bet it has learned it's lesson, and will be nice from now on! I swear it's like my scale is staring at me everytime I walk in my bathroom....it's evil-LOL!!!! It's nice to know that we share the same struggles. Anyways, I will try to post again tomorrow, and let you know how much damage I did tonight while passing out the candy. Keep up the hard work, and chat soon!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-retro6/fireworks01/lb/204/145/162/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/)

RRVMMM
11-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I honestly don't know what is up with my body. I have been on track all week and what happened today??????? The scales went up 3 pounds. I am not on a plateau, I am on a crash course of GAINING!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!:?:

staffingchick
11-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Robbin, I had that same thing happen to me a while back. I was freaking out too, and I ended up losing it in a few days. Try to weigh in in the morning at the same time, and don't let this get you down. Stay on track and you will see the results in a big way. I gave in to temptation yesterday and had a mini snickers, milky way, and 3 musketeers bar! It tasted sooooo good. The scales were only up a 1/2 pound this morning, so I was happy with that. I didn't end up getting alot of trick or treaters, so I have a ton of candy left. There's a local place that is buying candy for 2 bucks a pound and donating it to the troops.....what a great idea. That is what I plan to do with all my extra sweets! I hope you all had a great night. Chat soon.

meowee
11-01-2007, 05:19 PM

Hey . . . put October behind you and let's look forward to a great OP November everybody. If we just keep doing as much of the good stuff as we possibly can, good things will come our way . . . :grouphug:

fiberlover
11-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Here is a great article on why the scale lies. It helps put things into perspective.
http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/library/weight/scale.htm

November is going to be a great month for all of us! Remember to take care of *you* during the busy holiday months.

RRVMMM
11-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Thank you ladies for the encouraging words. I knew it was mostly water yesterday and the fact that TOM showed up but dang it just kills me to see the stupid scales go up when I am expecting a loss. I have worked hard this week to stay on track. The good news is that from yesterday I am down 4 pounds which is no loss at all but it is not a gain either.

meowee
11-02-2007, 12:35 PM

Don't worry ROBBIN . . . :hug: . . . the loss is looming and will be with you soon.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day gang . . . :carrot:

fiberlover
11-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Happy weekend everyone! Hope you all stay OP!

I am so excited - we are picking up some flooring for our bedroom. I had ripped out the carpet a couple months ago because I couldn't stand it, well - liked the floor underneath even less LOL! It was the original hardwood, but someone had taken a saw to them and they are not salvageable. So, off to Lumber Liquidators to get new flooring. I love home improvement projects - and have been really looking forward to it!

meowee
11-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Hi there gang . . . :grouphug:

Sounds like a fun project LORI . . . have fun.

Well the weather station keeps yelling the word HURRICANE for Nova Scotia tonight. :yikes: So far, just overcast and not even terribly windy. Hope they are being overly cautious -- guess time will tell.

Other than that . . . SSDD. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking weekend. See you later -- well, if I still have power :lol:.

pamatga
11-03-2007, 12:58 PM
:o

I am not sure that I have been experiencing a plateau or just not understanding the plan that I have chosen. I am following the WW Flex Points plan and guess that I "thought" you could use the flex points "if you needed to". Well, I felt like I did! I also was using the exercise points. I was only "counting the 28 towards my weekly food plan but I have been averaging 38 exercise points each week for the past two weeks without "officially" counting in the last 10 towards my food plan. However, I have been using all of the flex points---all 35---besides!! :?: I was ravenous even with 96 oz of water to boot!

I added in drinking additional plain water besides the caffeine diet rootbeer I like to drink. My pee is clear by 10 am! No one can accuse me of being dehydrated!:dizzy:

Add to that I miscalculated some food points on a couple of specific food items I regularly ate. :o I felt really "dumb"!:dizzy: I went back and did the honest thing and recalculated them even though I could immediately see what effect it would ultimately have on my weekly weigh-in this morning! I'm hovering between 245-247 lbs.

Well, I call it my "learning curve". I have some good exercise habits firmly in place and I have a decent food plan in place. I spent yesterday pouring over the Sugarbusters site here and I went in my cupboards and separated the high and low sugars in the cabinets. Yikes!! I have three bags of whole wheat bagels that are high in fiber (good) but also high in sugar(bad)!:(
What's a girl to do?:?: Well, I will not throw out food so I will slowly get rid of this and next time I will go to the store with even wider eyes open than before! I feel like a chemist sometimes---all of this balancing act I am doing---wanting higher fiber, lower fat, and now lower sugar. I told my DH last night that I think I might have to start going back to baking bread again. I used to.

Has anyone ever wondered if some of the water retention could be from all the preservatives and addictives that is added to some food? I haven't read anything yet but it makes sense. I mean if it is preserving our food maybe it is preserving us too (in a negative way I mean). Just a thought.:dizzy:

fiberlover
11-03-2007, 06:16 PM
:o

Has anyone ever wondered if some of the water retention could be from all the preservatives and addictives that is added to some food? I haven't read anything yet but it makes sense. I mean if it is preserving our food maybe it is preserving us too (in a negative way I mean). Just a thought.:dizzy:

High fructose corn syrup is not a good thing. Water retention might be more likely from excess sodium. If you are eating a lot of processed foods, like 100 cal snack packs, skinny cows, lean cuisines or WW frozen meals - you are likely getting more than 2400 mg of sodium in a day.

Oh, and eating all your points, including the 35 flex points is okay. I just wouldn't eat them all in one day! A point is roughly 50 calories. You may want to try eating only the flex *or* the earned AP points, but not both.

meowee
11-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Hi Gang . . . :wave:

Oh I so agree . . . HFCS is evil . . . I'm now on my fourth day "clean and sober" of my November crusade to kick my Cool Whip "addiction". So far, doing fine -- but I definitely don't like SF Jello nearly as much without the liberal pile of CW on top. :o

Just wanted to let you know that our little 'affair' with Hurricane Noel was not as bad as originally predicted. It has stopped raining and the sun is actually trying to break through the clouds from time to time. Forecasters are saying the wind should die down sometime this afternoon; we are still having gusts at 85 mph (140 kph). All in all, not too bad, though -- at least not right around my area, anyway. We had a pretty scary night with the wind rattling windows and shaking the house and the rain pounding down relentlessly . . . but, as of right now, Nova Scotia is still attached to North America (there were times last night I would not have been surprised to find that we'd been blown out to the mid-Atlantic somewhere :lol:).

Have a great day . . . :carrot:

staffingchick
11-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in a few days.....I've had quite a few issues going on. About a week and a half ago I blacked out and lost consciousness for a brief period. I hit my head on my counter top, and landed on my ceramic tile in the kitchen. To make a long story short, I went to the Dr. on Thursday, and it seems as though I have a concussion. I have been having the worst headaches-it's terrible. They are running a bunch of tests to see why I blacked out....it was sooooo scary. Has that ever happened to any of you? I know this doesn't have anything to do about dieting, but I just had to ask....I hope you all don't mind. I am just trying to figure out what may be going on. I go in tomorrow morning for all of my test results. Anyways, because of all of this going on my appetite has been non-existent. I hope you are all doing well, and staying strong. I will post again tomorrow when I get back from my appointment. Thanks for listening, and chat soon.