LA Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Dvd Workout Challenge

momof3boys1girl
08-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Well I Started The Workout On 8-16-07 And Feel Absolutley Great Everyday That I Do It I Am Full Of Energy And Motivated To Stay Pop All Day...im Doing The 6 Week Program Where You Rotate Cardio With Strenght And Sculpt So I Will Have To Go To September 27 To Make My Goal Of Completeing The 6 Week Challenge...

Lets All Join In And Keep Eachother Motivated... I Need It As Were Going On A Cruise In Novemebr And Have At Least 20 Lbs To Lose By Then And Without Support And Encouragment I Tend Not To Follow Through With My Excecise Plan...

Jamie

Goukuk
08-22-2007, 04:44 PM
I feel you. I have just started back on the program recently. I have started taking the One A Day energy vitamins and they really seem to help me with my energy level since my fat butt gets tired easy. I also have started walking and riding bikes with my kids and husband at night. I am also at about the same weight and goal you are at.

Lisa

Katy66
08-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Do you have to do the Biggest Loser one? I want to check it out but am still trying to decide what exercise program I want to do. How long does the workout take?

Ottoette
08-22-2007, 05:52 PM
There's a thread on this DVD under exercise - you can find it here (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119972) You can pick and choose segments and do a whole workout in 35 minutes. It's awesome!

Joni135
08-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Jamie - I'm going to check this out and join you in this challenge. One month I had an exercise challenge with myself and calculated how many minutes of exercise I needed to do...and I made a ticker and I did it. The best exercise month ever. I need to do that for this challenge. I'm going to go check out the DVD link.....I'll update this post in a little bit.

amylou7777
08-23-2007, 01:39 AM
I have the BL II DVD...it is the BEST workout DVD I have ever owned. I LOVE being able to "build" my own workout by selecting chapters from the menu. It kicks my butt everytime and never gets old.

I am also trying to get to the gym (bc I DO pay for it) but this will be done on the days I don't go!

Let's get to it ladies!

momof3boys1girl
08-23-2007, 01:35 PM
wow im so excited that there is someone out there whose going to join in on the excecise challenge....this should be me motivated and accountable...did the workout again this morning feeling great...i have the original biggest loser dvd with matt and suzy...and the work out is about 20 min and then there is warm up 5 min and cool down 5 min...it is the best workout ive ever done you really get a good workout and its not to hard or to long...down another pound this morning...jamie

aguerin
08-23-2007, 03:00 PM
O.k. I just ordered the DVDs both 1 and 2. I probably won't get them for a couple of weeks, so I will try to join in once I get them in house.

bradleys mom
08-24-2007, 12:23 AM
I'm with you Amy, I just order BL 2 from eBay. So as soon as I get it in the mail I will be in too! However I have been doing the Pilate's accelerated fat burning workout one day then walking 2 miles the next day (still trying to break plateau) But I'm a HUGE fan of Biggest Loser and I cant wait to get the DVD. (New season starts soon!!)

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Has everyone gotten their DVDs in the mail? I was better this past week, but still can't seem to get into a regular routine with my school/work schedule. I wanted to be going to the gym 2days a week and doing TBL workout 3 days a week.
Since this day off has inspired me to be POP, lose for Colombus day, I thought I might as well bump up this challenge...

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 03:46 PM
OH! Don't forget TBL- "Did they keep the weight off" airs tomorrow, Sept. 4th 9/8central on NBC! Can't wait!!

donnakd
09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I ordered my tbl 2 dvd from amazon today. Would love to join this challenge--when will it end?? If it is okay for me to join, I will just use my treadmill and other dvds I have until they come. If not, I might find another exercise challenge to join.

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Wow, the challenges are abundant around here! Let's see what everyone thinks.
My personal goal is to workout for 2 full hours a week--but pushing for three. It doesn't matter which DVD/workout you do, just get it in whether it's at home or at the gym! I can usually stick with a program for 2 good weeks and then I quit for 2...well my goal is to get 5 solid weeks in and then start over with another 5 weeks until it becomes my "habit". Since it's 5 weeks til Colombus day....my workouts will be rolled into that challenge I guess!

Come here to brag about getting those workouts in when you want to! :0)

donnakd
09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow, the challenges are abundant around here! Let's see what everyone thinks.
My personal goal is to workout for 2 full hours a week--but pushing for three. It doesn't matter which DVD/workout you do, just get it in whether it's at home or at the gym! I can usually stick with a program for 2 good weeks and then I quit for 2...well my goal is to get 5 solid weeks in and then start over with another 5 weeks until it becomes my "habit". Since it's 5 weeks til Colombus day....my workouts will be rolled into that challenge I guess!

Come here to brag about getting those workouts in when you want to! :0)

Sounds like a plan!! Count me in!!

bradleys mom
09-03-2007, 08:49 PM
WOW! Three challenges at one time! You girls are going to peel the weight off of me!!! Well Ive done so good today, I might as well start! Now figuring out how to make a ticker for this...

amylou7777
09-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Wow, I must be motivated by all of these challenges...either that or feel SUPER guilty about the popcorn I ate at the movies this afternoon....bc I actually just finished 30min of TBL II workout! Man that thing kicks my booty everytime! Yay, i get to move my ticker!

donnakd
09-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Okay, I know it doesn't sound like much, but this is a big deal for me!! I walked on the treadmill for 35 minutes this morning. Now to do it again tomorrow!!

bradleys mom
09-04-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow look at you girls all motivated! I am getting ready to do my 30 minutes, then I am actually going to watch them on TV!! :) Im excited, Thanks for the reminder Amy!

bahamadream10
09-04-2007, 09:50 PM
I just got done doing my Turbo Jam workout I just love that!!!!! If only I could do it everyday I get too tired at night and I am so not a morning person!

aguerin
09-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Did anybody catch the BL Reunion last night (Tuesday 9/4/07)? It was good. I have never actually watched this show, but I will probably try to catch this season. I like the Celebrity Weight Loss one with the over weight stars on it.

I still have not received my DVDs so, Still waiting.......

amylou7777
09-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Yes, I watched the reunion. I was surprised to see that while most people did keep most of the weight off, they all seemed to gain a chunk back. This season looks like it will be good. I've never been an avid watcher, but I'm excited to follow along this time.

I didn't get a workout in yesterday and am hoping I can squeeze one in after class tonight.

donnakd
09-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I, too, watched the show last night. I have not been a big fan, but my daughter watched the re-runs during the summer, so I got a little interested in some of the contestants. I was impressed with the ones that came back--most have gained back, and I think it took courage to appear(or were they paid??). I do think it is a lesson for us all---too much, too fast is more likely to come back. Also maybe goals too low might not be realistic. I would much rather lose half of what I want and keep it off long-term, than to lose down to 145, only to gain it all back. So I think watching made me think little goals are the best way to go. And I don't want to overdo on the exercise--i.e. rather than start out with intensive exercise and long workouts, better to shoot for 30 mins a day 4 times a week, and work it into my life where I can keep it up. My attitude and priorities need to be worked on to accomplish these things. Getting everything together, and being patient are the hardest, are they not???!

bradleys mom
09-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Okay I am so addicted!!! Have any of you with the BL2 dvd tried the cardio workout thats kickboxing??? I LOVE IT! I did it twice! (Total of 30 minutes) DH joined me the second time! It was great! I burned major cals! On the dvd Kim says its low impact, but omigosh it got me sweatin fast! TRY IT!!!

amylou7777
09-07-2007, 12:25 PM
wohooo I managed to get another 1/2hour work out in this morning...but now I'm late for work!!
Kimberly-I love the kickboxing! I did that this morning...so fun!

bradleys mom
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
It is fun! I have been doing it twice in a row! I am so sore today!
I havent been keeping a ticker but this week I have worked out a total of, 2 hrs and 5 minutes so far not counting tonight.

momintraining
09-08-2007, 03:58 AM
I would like to join the challange. I have both DVD's but haven't tried either and I need to. This challange sounds fun. I can't wait till the new season begins. I didn't realize that the "Did they keep the weight off" show was on TV. I wish I wouldn't have missed it. I went on the Biggest Loser Site and saw some of the people. What happened to Gary? Was he on the show?
I will do the workouts starting tomorrow.

Sherri

bradleys mom
09-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi Sherri, welcome, I was also disappointed that alot of the previous losers were not on there... Maybe they gained it back, lol
Good luck with your workouts! Its so fun and invigorating! (I like using big words!!!)
:dizzy:

amylou7777
09-08-2007, 01:10 PM
welcome sherri! Kimberly, WOW I need to try to catch up with you. I hate working out at TOM, but I'm going to try to force myself today....I have to get one more hour in by Sun to meet my weekly goal....

amylou7777
09-11-2007, 11:22 PM
Well I finally got my butt into gear and worked out this morning. TOM just really takes the motivation away...but I am back in action!

How are you all doing?

Everyone watch the show tonight? I'm still waiting for it to come on here on the west coast...

brittyboo07
09-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey there! I realize that it is late but I am still going to join in on this challenge. I plan on starting tomorrow night. Glad to see other that are BL fans too! By the way I watched the show tonight (usually never miss it) and they did awesome I cant wait till the black team shows up. I think it is awesome to have 3 teams.

smjezzy
09-12-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm glad you guys started this thread. I'm going to run to Walmart tonight after work and pick up this video and see if it will light a fire under me again. I pretty much gave up on the diet a while back as I've been struggling with the same 4 lbs since May. I've been halfway doing the diet for the last month and am still maintaining this 4 lb spread which is scary. I'll give this a shot.

amylou7777
09-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Shannon! We have missed you. Welcome to TBL challenge!

I am so motivated by the 60+ year old's 30+lb weight loss---IN ONE WEEK?! I could not believe it.

I got another 1/2 hour in today. I still haven't gotten sick of it. I found a great "dance mix" station on the satellite radio and turn that on, keep the DVD silent and just follow the moves. Makes it go by so fast!

How are all you doing so far?

brittyboo07
09-15-2007, 03:36 PM
hey there! I have my DVD out ready to workout today in probably an hour or so. I know it will kick my butt today but I am looking forward to it except for the lunges grrrrrr. I have not decided if I am going to do DVD 1 or 2 yet. I think I might alternate them.

Hope everyone is doing good!

The show was really good last week and it will certainly be interesting this week.

amylou7777
09-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Just bumping this up.

How is everyone doing?