Old 08-22-2007, 11:22 AM   #1  
Escape from my fat suit

S/C/G: 290/210/130

Question cravings during period

I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I am trying to ward of any bingeing beforehand. My sugar and/or salt cravings are really fierce during this time. What techniques or behaviors work for you?
better health3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #2  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

Hi,
Keep food that is healthy in the fridge, so when you want to binge you have healthier stuff there. I allow myself treats once in a while( once a week or once every 2 wks), a bar of dark chocolate, a small bowl of frozen yogurt, something to feel good about eating healthier.
Good luck on finding what you are looking for.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

South beach style eating (no refined and limited starchy carbs) helps me keep raging hunger under control all month. TOM is still bad, but not as bad.

I've also been on birth control pills for about 15 years now. Not for birth control as much as to better control of my cycle. I had extremely terrible PMS and long, painful periods (a 25 day cycle, and a 9 day period, yikes).
It also helps the raging hunger of TOM a bit, but on suggestion of a doctor at our local weight management clinic, I've recently begun stacking my bc (skipping all or most of the placebo pills to shorten or eliminate TOMS). This has helped me tremendously. She said that progestin levels seem to affect cravings in some women. If you're on bc, I would ask your doctor before trying this on your own, as there may be reasons it isn't right for everyone.

Usually I only take 2 or 3 days of placebo pills instead of the normal 7. Sometimes I have a 2 day period, sometimes not.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote