Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-22-2007, 10:54 AM   #1  

Default Does anyone else have giant shoulders?

x

Last edited by xixi143; 06-01-2010 at 06:15 PM.
xixi143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You are definitely not alone. My shoulders are the widest part of my body. Even now that I'm at goal weight and there isn't any fat on them, they are still very big. I have a very hard time finding shirts and dresses to fit. If they fit across my shoulders they hang baggy down around my waist. Formal dresses are definitely a problem for me also. I can't seem to find one that would fit.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #3  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

xixi, you'll get there. My wide shoulders are totally genetic, so something I've just learned to live with. I always call mine my "linebacker shoulders". LOL. I'm very disproportionate in that I wear really small jeans but need mostly large shirts to fit across my shoulders. Oh well, I'm still happy with how my body turned out. You sound like you may be V shaped like me, where hips and legs are longer and more slender than upper body. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this. I haven't met a single soul on here who thinks their body is totally perfect.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #4  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

I've got the "football" shoulders too. My mother did also (thanks German ancestors), it was funny one time when we were on a plane and a Samoan gentleman had to squeeze in with us. He was no tiny dude either. My boys inherited them too, but somehow it's better on men huh.

I have terrible posture as I have always hunched said shoulders in order to appear smaller. Yeah right.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

You are not alone! My DD is tiny (119 lbs.) and has the Joe Namath (that's what her dad called them) shoulders, lol. She too thinks it makes her look bigger than what she is...I just think it makes her look like she has great posture. But it is genetic and she gets them from her Aunts on her dads side. I am glad that she has them because I have such poor posture. I look like the hunch back of notre dame, lol. Okay, so not that bad but I feel like it is. I would love to have your/her broad shoulders!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #6  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

German girl here with big shoulders too. It is frustrating. Even at my lowest weight I felt "bulky".
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/147/?135?

Height: 5ft4 (163 cm)

yup, dutch girl with broad shoulders over here. Never really minded though i always thought they made my hips look smaller. I always found that a shirt with 'diagonal' placed sleeves looks really good if you have broad shoulders, something like this: http://www.eshirt.it/affiliazione/cl...012A9A2D_2.gif
although i'd go for a bit more fitted 'girly' shirt.
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #8  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

I have the "linebacker" shoulders also...it is hard to dress, but we manage. Good luck!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

If you're looking for a dress, you may want to buy the size that fits your shoulders and have it taken in to fit the rest of your body. I have to do this with suit coats and jackets. I got the Norwegian wide shoulders and the German hausfrau chest... 34D on an otherwise petite frame... ah, genetics.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

I don't know the full extent of my heritage. I know I have Irish, Scottish, Swedish, French, Russian, and Spanish. Yeah, yeah, I have the entire European continent in my blood, except no German, Polish, or Italian that I'm aware of! I'm not sure which country I'm supposed to blame for my shoulders.

I have a large bone structure in general - wide, childbearing hips, large rib cage, and yep - BROAD shoulders. My dad always told me how STRONG LOOKING I was as a kid. I thought looking "strong" was cool back then, but once I hit my teenage years, I hated it! I wish my bone structure was smaller. Also, lilybelle, I think we are built similarly.

With a lot of work, I'm able to attain something close to the hour glass figure. I had it when I was around twenty pounds thinner than I am now. Once I lose my abdominal fat, I will have a more defined waist line, and since I'm doing squats and climbing hills, my butt is slowly but surely getting more round. And I'm naturally blessed up top, luckily.

I see skinny girls with T&A and I think, "Damn them!" because a lot of them look like they don't even try! Today, I saw a SKINNY girl get a FOOTLONG meatball sub with EXTRA CHEESE, along with DORITOS and a REGULAR COKE and a part of me wanted to hurl with envy

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 09-26-2007 at 03:39 PM.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 267.4/233.1/174.4

Height: 5 ft 11 inch

No you are not alone, I also have broad shoulders and they are actaully very pretty. Aparently men like shoulders, so maybe you could try a dress that ties up behind the neck, I find those the best type, even when I buy tops, thats what I look for. Hope I could help
Didaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:40 AM   #12  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

I have linebacker shoulders too! And the walk to go with it. LOL
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Yup! Wide shoulders and a sizable rack is what I got in the genetic lottery. It does make clothing hard to shop for at times. I have to say that it creates the illusion of a tiny waist though. Or, at least, I like to think so.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote