Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Doing really good with my eating...

but I'm having a really hard time getting myself motivated to exercise!

I guess I burnt myself out at the beginning of the summer... going to the gym pretty much everyday... obsessing over my new lifestyle of gyming and eating healthy. I went on vacation and while on vacation, I indulged in food but did fine with the exercise. I didn't gain more than a lb, and I was thrilled. After I got back from vacation, sooo many parties at friends houses and social events threw me off from eating and exercising. Luckily, I'm back on track with the eating (I think I got sick of all the crappy food I was eating), but its just a matter of exercise. I am going back to college this Sunday, and I've worked out my schedules so that I know when I am going to the gym, and I THINK I trust that I will go (starting Monday). But until then, all I want to do is sit around!
Does anyone have anything to say that will kick my butt into gear??!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 08:40 PM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I could have written your post, hon. I'm also a college student, also have worked out when I'll go to the gym during the week while I'm there but I've been a bum all summer. I'll admit it, I'm LAZY!

One thing I do during the semester is take a cardio kickboxing class at the University Gym two nights a week--so that's something that I just go to because it's actually FUN. The rest of the week, I plan to get up early in the morning (6:30AM) and get to the gym at 7 AM when it opens so I can get my workouts over with before my day begins. That way, I'll begin my day feeling accomplished, have my gym stuff over with for the day, and it'll make me tired enough to get to bed at a decent hour during the semester.

I think putting gym clothes out the night beforehand really helps. I'm not a morning person, but I know if I don't get my gym time done in the morning, I'll put it off and put it off until suddenly it's too late to go to the gym.

I want to get some sort of exercise done while I'm home, too, though. I feel flabby.

Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Well... maybe it's OK to let yourself off the hook a little bit, in anticipation of starting the gym soon! Turn your energies to getting ready for school again. You can still do things like take a walk--always good exercise! and not overly strenuous.

But if you still want that kick in the butt... OK...

PUT THE COMPUTER INTO SLEEP MODE! NOW! Let's see some action here! Where's that Tae Bo tape? Where's that WATP? HUP TWOP THREEP FOOO C'mon chickie! What are you, just a little peep? This won't be easier later, you know!

Ahem. OK.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Azure - you look like Isla Fisher from The Wedding Crashers. You are so pretty!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 09:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/209/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagesorwings View Post
Does anyone have anything to say that will kick my butt into gear??!
Everyone is very wise, so I'll limit myself to one comment: the thing about working out is that it is much easier to keep up with once you make the initial step to just do it. The first time is the worst! So make an absolute date for yourself on Monday; force yourself to go whether you feel like it or not, and then congratulate yourself on having gotten the ball rolling on a great new habit. Tuesday will be easier than Monday, Wednesday easier than Tuesday, and etc, etc.

Ok, I have a second comment after all: for me, falling off the exercise wagon is the absolute worst thing I can do. Once I stop, it's almost impossible to get started again. So I have legislated a couple of rigid laws for myself: Law 1. I never take 2 days off in a row, and Law 2. I never take a day off unless I've exercised for two consecutive days. Those are the laws and I daren't break them. And, so long as I don't break them, I love my exercise and get fidgety on off-days. But I have to obey my laws and refuse the slide into lethargy and complacency.
baffled111 is offline   Reply With Quote