100 lb. Club - Accountability/Planning/Menus: Aug 20-26

GirlyGirlSebas
08-20-2007, 12:18 PM
Good morning, 3FC Friends. Please join us in becoming accountable with each other on a daily basis. What are you doing to stay on-plan today? What goals do you have for yourself with your menu, your exercise, your food choice, etc? Let's keep each other accountable and encouraged on our journey to better health and slender bodies.

Hi Everyone. I'm getting our thread started a bit late today. My good news is that I'm on-plan today. My bad news is that I went off-plan on Friday and, like the rebellious child I can be sometimes, I ran amok and created a 1.6pound gain for myself. After 4 weeks of being 100% committed, I guess I got overconfident. I really do need to learn that I will always have to plan ahead. Hubby and I went on a date and did not choose our restaurant ahead of time. Then, I was very hungry and everything on the menu looked awesome. It wasn't very difficult for me to talk myself into going off-plan....afterall, I deserve it, right?:^:

So, today I'm back on board.....feeling a bit discouraged, but I'm not giving up. This weekend was my two steps back.....its time to take the three steps forward again. Hopefully, this time, I won't feel the need to step back at all!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

mj5
08-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I am totally on plan, so far, today. I really don't feel like going to the gym, but I AM going right after work! Tonight is legs/back weights and some cardio--then home to snuggle up w/ my dogs!

MJ ;)

hellokitty81668
08-20-2007, 12:45 PM
I posted for this topic on the one for last week., I'll repost.
Rhonda I am so sorry you had a bad day, I know it is hard, but I know you will do better today.
I had a good weekend, plan wise. Today has been good so far.
Exercise Monday morning is always hard, I did 37 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 15 minutes on general exercises, and 14 on weight training.
Bkfst was Kashi go lean crunch cereal, and 4 oz of grape fruit juice and skim milk.
Lunch was 2 smart dogs and 2 low fat wheat bread ( 190 calories total), and I had 6 pretzels for 55 calories, I just had a Kashi Tlc bar and am doing ok.
I plan on having some FAGe 0% yogurt and rasberries for another snack.
Dinner will be steamed broccoli and some kind of eggs, and 2 corn tortillas.

I can do this!!!
cheryl

CLCSC145
08-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Oops, I posted in the wrong place too. I'll be back here tomorrow!

mj5
08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I am SO proud of myself! This afternoon I was feeling kind of icky...TOM is kicking my butt, BUT I kept telling myself that I was going to the gym. I got out of a meeting late--usually a 'great' excuse not to go to the gym, but not today! I went and even did my whole planned workout! I felt so great afterwards that I even ran some errands for work--rather than doing them on my way to work tomorrow--that means I get to sleep in a few extra minutes tomorrow! AND while I was standing for what seemed like an eternity in line at Walmart, I even resisted all of the junky food that was right in front of me. Who is this person?!

The only downside is, I am eating dinner pretty late--the good news is--I am eating VERY healthy.

Hope everyone is having a great night!
MJ ;)

mj5
08-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask...does anyone cook spaghetti squash? I would love to try it, but I don't know how to cook it. I am trying to incorporate some new veggies. The other night I added some cubes of butternut squash to my usual roasted veggies. It was SO good! I never really liked squash because of the consistancy, but I will be doing this again!

royalsfan1
08-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I cook spaghetti squash regularly.

Microwave it for about 10 minutes (so you can cut it). Then cut it in half and place face down in a baking dish. Add about 1/2 inch of water to baking dish. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Use a fork to pull the strings out of the rind.

It won't ever get to the true texture of spaghetti but I still like it. LOVE the calorie savings!!! And what is pasta, anyway, other than a fairly flavorless vehicle used to transport sauce from your plate to your mouth. The squash will serve that same purpose.

It's also good, after you've cooked it, to saute it in some olive oil with garlic, mushrooms, spinach, and peppers. Tomatoes are kind of yummy thrown into that mix, also. It's a much lighter flavor than your typical sauce over pasta. I love it.

Today I was on plan. I was out of town this weekend and managed to stay on plan (except for a slight hiccup last night....but I'm over it!). However, I'm bloated from PMS and from a couple of days on a plane. Hopefully it will go away and the scales will show the loss I know I deserve! :)

hellokitty81668
08-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Congrats on the workout Mj5!!
Good morning all, yesterday went fine, I ate good, worked out and felt good. Today I will use the elliptical, do my general exercises and lift weights.
Breakfast : water( My grapefruit juice has a bad taste), Kashi Go lean crunch, skim milk , banana
Lunch- Tuna with tomatoes
Dinner veggie burgers with hummus
Snacks yogurt, frozen fruit, kashi go lean crunch bars.
I will do this today!!

cheryl

royalsfan1
08-21-2007, 08:26 AM
I had a good day yesterday and am geared up for the same, today.

I've already had eggs, veggie sausage, and sprouted grain toast for breakfast - 300 calories. I went out and ran a mile this morning so I'm feeling very awake and good.

I need to go to the store so I don't know, yet, what dinner is going to be. Lunch will be a Morningstar Farms meatless Thai burger with sweet potato fries.

My son wants to go to the gym, tonight, so I'll go and do weight lifting and then swim some laps.

Snacks will be fresh and healthy.

Good luck to all!!!

raebeaR
08-21-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm doing well with my plan in general with slow but regular weight loss. I need to up the exercise, however. I've been walking with a friend as often as possible and farm chores give me some regular physical activity, but I need to put together a regular, formal routine. Still, I'm pleased to be moving in the right direction at last!

Breakfast will be: Toasted whole wheat English muffin, 1 slice Canadian bacon and 1 fresh egg, poached.

Lunch will be: Leftover homemade low-fat Pad Thai with rice noodles and LOTS of veggies.

Dinner will be: Grilled salmon with fresh corn, garden salad and a small potato.

Snacks will be: A fresh peach, non-fat yogurt and a WW dessert.

Off to go look after animals before I stick my own nose in the feedbag. ;)

Rae

mj5
08-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Good Morning! So far, on track today! Tonight right after work will be the gym (arms and shoulders--weights and cardio).

Tricia--Thanks for the cooking tips! I can't wait to try it!
Cheryl--Thanks!
Rae--I'm w/ you...I need to step up the exercise a bit.
Rhonda--How are you doing?
Sunshine--Hope you are feeling better!

I am SO excited....my new mp3 player should be waiting for me at home tonight! I never thought of myself as a 'gadget person' but I totally am!

Have a great day!
MJ ;)

NESunshine
08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Ok
So today I have excellent Chi....as I like to refer to it when I'm having a day where I'm not on my last nerve. I still don't have a car...and with the damage toll rising it looks that I won't have one for probably another 3 weeks or so which means getting to the gym on my own time is not happening. I am however trying to bribe my friend who I worked out with for a while to get back on the horse and go with me so she can pick me up....she'll thank me in the end and she always drove when we went together anyway so I don't feel bad.

As far as work goes, the dragon lady is on vacation this week, as is apparently the rest of my office so I think I have the quietness here to thank for my current state of Chi. Even my assistant isn't in yet...poor thing, he was getting stressed out almost more than me having had to suffer a weeks worth of the dragon lady's wrath while I was at our national office in Texas...and quite frankly they don't pay him enough for him to get stressed out like that so I told him to just sleep in and come in late while everyone in the office that would care was on vacation...let him recoup a bit. He has no idea how easy he's got it with me for a boss. Anyway I'll be officially lodging my second formal complaint against her next week when everyone get's back...and yes that is the 2nd since I've been in this position which is less than 3 months. just awful.

Well as for being on plan...It hasn't been great with everything going on. I've been maintaining, not turning to food or overeating through it all which is good but it's not what I want to be doing. I feel like maintaining is just making me complacent. I haven't been tracking my food, haven't been eating 100% good things etc. Because of the car issue and not getting to the gym for that intense workout I feel sluggish. For me, just walking or working out at home or doing extra movement doesn't do enough for me...I need that atmosphere of being at the gym...makes me really push myself.

I'm on plan so far today, I've brought my lunch, I have no crazy lunch/dinner things on my schedule this week which is relieving! My goal for the day is to put everything into Fitday so I can try to get back in the habit of logging what I eat. My second goal is to try to convince my friend to go to the gym this evening, if she can't go I'm going to try to get in some exercise at home. Maybe some yoga can help me de-stress a bit. I'm really happy that it is a quiet week here, and that next weekend I have no plans, anywhere. I'll be staying home and just trying to recover from the mass hysteria that has been my last 3 weeks.

CLCSC145
08-21-2007, 12:56 PM
Sunshine, I just had an image of you riding to the gym on a horse. That's what I get for reading too fast!

A decent day yesterday and two days in a row back walking. Whew! Now I just have to keep it up. Food-wise I was on track too. I bought the BEST strawberries yesterday and had them for breakfast. YUM! Even though I live in strawberry country, they can still be hit or miss here. These were perfect. I love getting excited about strawberries!

Anyway, back to the grind. Have a great day, everyone!

NESunshine
08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Hahaha, cc
if I had a horse I would totally ride it everywhere!

GirlyGirlSebas
08-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Rhonda--How are you doing?

Honestly, I am really struggling with my committment right now. I'm back to the same ole question, "can I do this for life." Ouch! I don't want to, but there really is no alternative. I know that, now I just need to make myself behave and do what needs to be done. Easier said than done. I've been feeling a little depressed and anxious for the last week. I think my body is just adjusting to being back on the hormones again. I'll make it...I'm not giving up.

hellokitty81668
08-21-2007, 02:26 PM
Honestly, I am really struggling with my committment right now. I'm back to the same ole question, "can I do this for life." Ouch! I don't want to, but there really is no alternative. I know that, now I just need to make myself behave and do what needs to be done. Easier said than done. I've been feeling a little depressed and anxious for the last week. I think my body is just adjusting to being back on the hormones again. I'll make it...I'm not giving up.

Rhonda I understand what you are feeling. I think this feeling was my motivation for make over food.
I sometimes feel so tired of planning food, and bored with the food, that I start thinking of my favorite foods. Like you said this is for life, and it is scary. I plan our family menu's for the week, and I have to buy extra food, for my menu, it is not helping my budget. Then I think of going back to the size 26 pants, pain in my feet and back, my feet being so swollen I couldn't fit in a size 11 sneaker. I know it is hard for me now, but one day I will be able to do this without a blink of the eye and plus there is the benefits of having a hot sexy body :devil:
cheryl

gentlebutterfly
08-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Is it okay if I join in y'all?

Slashnl
08-21-2007, 05:44 PM
Hey Rhonda, I already "talked" to you in another thread about staying the course. I mentioned that with the great attitude you have had and how great your losses have been, that you have been on my mind. A "nagging" thought that I need to get back on track. I haven't even posted on this accountability thread because I have been not so good and I didn't really have anything good to post! But this week has been much better and I think I'm firmly back on track. You have to stay with me!!!

CLCSC145
08-21-2007, 08:09 PM
Welcome, Gentlebutterfly! Of course you are welcome.

To Rhonda, Cheryl, and Diane - Oh my do I understand the feeling of not knowing if I can do this for the rest of my life. And those are the things we should come here to post about. It's the accountability thread, not the post only if you're successful thread! I'm coming out of a two week funk of gargantuan proportions. I gave up exercising entirely, and was marginal at best on my food choices. The only saving grace was that I was too depressed to go to the store and get binge food. My doctor raised my anti-depressive dosage yesterday when I had a little meltdown in her office. I think just letting my feelings all hang out and having her validate them made me feel better. So today was pretty good. I hope the increase in meds helps a little too.

But there are moments where I have been reduced to tears wondering how I ended up here to start with and how I am ever going to get myself out of this mess for good. It's overwhelming, so I'm not looking farther than a step or two ahead. That's all I can handle right now. But luckily, that's enough for now. Hang in there everybody, there are high points and low points in this. The goal is to hang on for dear life through the low points - even when it means hanging on to our fellow 3FCers. :hug:

royalsfan1
08-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey C.C. I'm sorry to hear about your "meltdown". It reminded me of something you might want to ask your Dr. about. I've read about it a lot, lately.

Your fat cells store many things - some of which include medications you have taken. As you lose weight and those fat cells shrink they release what they're storing. Apparently as those old medications are released they can create havoc on your emotions! You can even get to the point of overdose levels in your body because of this.

Also, I've noticed that as I've lost weight my hormone fluctuations affect me MUCH more. I think my body is still producing a hormone level for a much higher body weight. I don't know if that's a reasonable assumption or not but I do intend on asking my Dr about it next time I'm there.

Just a couple of things you might want to talk to your own Dr about.

Gentlebutterfly - Glad you're here!

NESunshine
08-21-2007, 08:57 PM
OK...
just dropping in to put it down...I made it to the gym...Michele called, we made a plan and followed through. I didn't do too much, it's been like 6 weeks since I was there and I'm a firm believer of working into an exercise program so you don't hurt yourself and with taking 6 weeks off I need to build up again. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical then 20 minutes of fast walking on an incline on the treadmill. My right hip and shoulder are hurting a bit...the hip started way back during a jog and then my whole right side was wrenched in the car accident so I'm sure that is what it is from. Food was all on plan today too.

Thank goodness there is a light at the end of the tunnel. It felt so good to work out. We've got plans to go again tomorrow night and I'm gonna bust out my yoga tape in the morning to try to stretch these lazy muscles as I'm sure I'll be a bit sore.

Oh and Rhonda...you just rule. Stay the course sweetie, one foot at a time, I believe in you!

CLCSC145
08-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey C.C. I'm sorry to hear about your "meltdown". It reminded me of something you might want to ask your Dr. about. I've read about it a lot, lately.

Your fat cells store many things - some of which include medications you have taken. As you lose weight and those fat cells shrink they release what they're storing. Apparently as those old medications are released they can create havoc on your emotions! You can even get to the point of overdose levels in your body because of this.

Also, I've noticed that as I've lost weight my hormone fluctuations affect me MUCH more. I think my body is still producing a hormone level for a much higher body weight. I don't know if that's a reasonable assumption or not but I do intend on asking my Dr about it next time I'm there.

Just a couple of things you might want to talk to your own Dr about.

Thank you so much for the information, Tricia!! I hadn't heard that before so I will definitely ask her about it when I go back in two weeks. Do you think also that sometimes just the fact that we aren't stuffing down feelings with food anymore can lead to rollercoaster emotions? I was wondering if this is just a lot of change and change can be stressful and emotional.

gentlebutterfly
08-21-2007, 11:05 PM
Hello y'all!

I'm Karen! I have about 120 pounds to loose and I'm starting over. I started yesterday and so far so good(yes I know only two days). I play tennis once a week and I might start a yoga class. Other then that I walk my two dogs every once in awhile and play with them outside.

I have a quick question: If your supposed to eat 5-6 small meals a day, what if your not hungry? Should I only eat when I'm hungry? Or should I just always eat my little meals no matter what?

Thanks,

Karen

royalsfan1
08-22-2007, 06:43 AM
Hi Karen. Don't "no big deal" two days. We do this one day at a time! You're already doing great!

I had that same question about all the meals and what if I wasn't hungry. The answer that most people gave...and the one I went with...was that I got fat by trying to eat when I was hungry. Intuitive eating doesn't work for me right now. So I eat small meals and snacks spread throughout the day. I've discovered something in doing that. Hunger does VERY bad things to me. If I wait until I'm hungry, I overeat. Every single time. For me, at this point, I have to avoid hunger at all costs. Once I'm at goal I may be able to work on that.

GirlyGirlSebas
08-22-2007, 08:24 AM
Good morning, Everyone! Hope you are having a great on-plan day.

Karen - Welcome...so glad you decided to join us. Regarding the eating when hungry....that doesnt work very well for me. After years of eating for all reasons other than true hunger, I can no longer trust my body. Eating small meals and snacks every 2-3 hours works very well for me.

Cheryl - 4 pounds lost.....:carrot: That is awesome! Save a place for me in the 220's.

Sunshine - So glad you made it to the gym yesterday. Have you thought about seeing a chiropractor about your shoulder? My husband was in a car accident 4 years ago and his shoulder got messed up, too...something about the shoulder harness of the seatbelt. The chiropractor really did help.

Diane - I'm not going anywhere! I'm so glad you've decided to hang in here, too. BTW, they say that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world. I'm not sure if we look alike, but we sure seem to be a lot alike!

Tricia - Our fat cells do store a lot of things other than fat. One of the things these cells store is estrogen. When you lose weight, the body releases this extra estrogen which can cause mood swings and depression...along with water retention. Add this to my hormone therapy and its sometimes a constant battle to get them balanced and get myself normal.:dizzy:

Do you think also that sometimes just the fact that we aren't stuffing down feelings with food anymore can lead to rollercoaster emotions?

CC - its great that you saw the doctor yesterday and got your medication adjusted. I've battled depression for years and know how difficult it can be. Personally, I know that being on-plan does sometimes make my emotions rage out-of-control. When I'm feeling stressed, anxious, bored, lonely, angry and depressed, etc etc, I can no longer turn to my starchy sugary food as I've done all my life. I'm trying to learn new ways of handling these emotions, but telling myself 'No' with the foods causes stress of its own.

Last night, my stomach was very very unhappy with the way I've been eating and I was able to get a lot of exercise by running for the bathroom!(sorry if TMI!) The scales are also very unhappy with me. Well, I learned my lesson and I'm back on-plan today. I'm learning that committment is something I have to re-new each and every day. Hopefully, one day, this will all become natural to me.

hellokitty81668
08-22-2007, 08:26 AM
Hi Karen,
I guess everyone is different. I eat very low cal meals so I am always hungry at snack time. Find what works for you and follow it. Welcome to the group , I am sure you will do fine.
Today I am splitting up my exercise, I have to get out before 9, so I did 37 minutes on the elliptical, and half of my general exercises. I wil do the rest of my general exercises and my weight lifting tonight.
I will post food choices later on. Have a good day. Cheryl

Slashnl
08-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey all. I have been doing pretty good. I overslept this morning, so I wasn't able to walk, so I'm hoping I can get some exercise in tonight. There isn't any football practice for my son, so a little less hectic schedule. I think I can get it in!!!

Rhonda - In looking at your picture, our hair color is similar although mine is a little longer. (My real color is dark brown with lots of gray coming in, but I have an excellent hair stylist who give me much better color!!!) I wear glasses (since turning 40). But you are MUCH thinner! I'll keep trying to catch up to you!

Tricia, good point about if you wait until you are hungry, then you overeat. That's true. It is harder to be in control if you wait too long!

NESunshine
08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
Morning again!
I haven't been to a chiropractor in years. I have considered it....It doesn't help that on top of the accident stressing out the hip and shoulder that I have joint issues to start with....I have some bone/joint deterioration going on in some places, my right shoulder is by far the worst. I know I should see some sort of doctor but alas I'm vastly stubborn avoid it like the plague....I just never get good news any time I go to a doctor. I'm gonna hope that getting back into my regular exercise plan will help me ease the discomfort. Then if that doesn't work I suppose I can go see someone...I'll have to see if chiropractors are covered under my insurance...definitely something to look into!

As for today, so far so good, still on plan...it's only 10am...but that's ok. I have no major meetings today...just a big list to plow through at work, but hey...the office is like a ghost town so that means I can flip on some tunes and dig in...when the dragon lady isn't here driving me nuts I actually rather love my job and have good Chi while I'm here.
It's kinda cool here today so I'm going with some soup and a wrap for lunch....healthy choice soup & and a home made wrap, wheat with tuna, pickles, lettuce & tomato (hold any sort of mayo products). I'll be hitting the gym again tonight with Michele...starting slow still but I know that after a week or so I'll feel really good. Word on the street is that I'll also be getting my car back next week so I'll be back to freedom of being able to go work out on my own schedule...mmmmm 5am here I come

Hope everyone has a great day!

mj5
08-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Good Morning!

Sunshine--Hope your 'excellent Chi' continues! Yea for getting to the gym!

CC--Mmm, strawberries, that sounds yummy! That's awesome that you are walking again! Sorry to hear about your meltdown, but I am glad that your doctor was able to validate your feelings--that is SO important! I agree, I think changes (even when the are good ones) cause stress and when we are no longer turning to food....we have to find a different way to mange the feelings--much easier said than done, at least for me!

Rhonda--I was worried that since we hadn't heard much from you that something was up. You CAN do this. We are all here to support you and are in this together! I try to remember to start each morning w/ a positive statement about myself--sometimes it's really hard, depending on how I feel!

Karen-- Welcome! You are off to a great start! I struggle daily w/ making healthy choices and getting to the gym (some days are easier than others)--so two days in a row is great!

Confession time....I did not go to the gym last night. I had some staffing issues at work and needed to make sure the person covering the evening shift had clear instructions. I know, I know, not a good reason...but I had my new mp3 player waiting for me at home--still not a good reason! The good news is, I took the dogs for a nice long walk. The better news is--I AM going to the gym tonight, right after work--new mp3 player all set and ready to go for my workout tonight! I have a healthy dinner planned and we are sticking to it.

Today at work we are cleaning and I wore jeans...NOT happy, squeezing into a pair of jeans that should have easily fit. All the more reason to step up the exercise, increase water, and really watch what I am eating more closely!
MJ :)

I really want to do this....not just go through the motions!!!

gentlebutterfly
08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Well I thought I'd post again.

Thankyou for all the warm welcomes! :) I'm definetly going to listen to what my body needs and I'm going to start by only eating when I'm hungry and try that. I ate an okay breakfast this morning: 2 Eggo waffles and two peices of ham lunch meat=330 calories. Not as low as I want but I guess it's take time to adjust.

I'm going to walk both of my dogs today and then go to the gym and use the elyptical for a bit...

Thanks y'all!

I'll check back in tonight!

Karen.

BattleAx
08-22-2007, 02:37 PM
About the eating when hungry, etc.: After many years of experimentation with different diets/methods of eating, I found the system that works for me. I am practicing a combination of intuitive eating and calorie counting. I eat when I feel a little hungry. If I wait until famished, a binge is on the horizon. I have a general calorie range, and I stop when in the range. However, if my stomach is growling after eating in range, I will go over the range a little bit, in order to take care of the hunger. For me, hunger signals starvation, and physically and psychologically that is very bad for me. Overall I'm working at a calorie deficit that will lead to weight loss.

You need to find the system that works for you, and pay attention to the conditions that help you be successful, and the conditions that make it difficult to stay the course...then make a plan around the information. Everyone is different.

royalsfan1
08-22-2007, 03:13 PM
Good afternoon, ladies!

Well, so far so good!

I was up this morning and since it's my carpool week breakfast was a Slimfast Optima shake (those always stay with me so well!!! I'm not hungry for hours!).

I went to the gym and had 1 hour of water aerobics and 1/2 hour of swimming laps.

Went to town and had a banana in my purse (that's another of my lifesavers...keeping fruit in my purse) so I had that for a snack. Grabbed lunch for my husband and then did a little shopping.

Came home and had a salad for a late lunch - around 1:30. Dinner tonight will be a Subway sandwich because I have a meeting at church right at dinnertime. I hate when that happens. I really love cooking healthy foods for me and my family.

If I need another snack at some point it will be a Fuji apple or a white nectarine.

Hope you all are feeling as good as I am, today!

mj - get to they gym! You'll feel better!

Rhonda - Every morning sweetie....that's how often I have to recommit, too!

Karen - glad you've found something that you feel good about! Keep posting and letting us know how it's going.

Everyone else - Keep on keeping on!!!! :D

CLCSC145
08-22-2007, 03:32 PM
I love it when a lot of people come here!! :wave:

Last night makes 3 days in a row of walking and I admit (yet again) it feels good when I'm out there. I chose the longer of two routes and was glad I did. I don't know that I've ever regretted taking the longer route, but I have felt guilty about cutting a walk short. Hmm. All good things to remind myself of when I've wavering about getting my rear out the door.

Food was on target yesterday. I tried an Amy's frozen meal that was a spinach pocket, like a hot pocket. So tasty! I love having Amy's frozen things around when I'm too lazy to cook. It makes me feel good that I know what everything on the ingredients list is and that they are organic.

Have a great day everybody - make good choices and you'll thank yourself tomorrow...

Schmoodle
08-22-2007, 03:43 PM
I am on a business trip and trying hard to stay on plan. Tonight I'll eat in my room and have some microwave veggies with half a can of black bean soup over top. I've also got a little bag salad to finish. For snack I'll have a sf hot chocolate. Or I may go to the movies to get out of the hotel room tonight and if I do then I'll pick up some sf pudding to take with me for my treat.

gentlebutterfly
08-22-2007, 03:47 PM
Wow you guys are doing really great!

I just splurged and ate a Dingdong. If it were my choice they'd be out of the house.... Anyways I have to go walk my puppy Daisy!

Karen

CLCSC145
08-22-2007, 03:58 PM
Karen, I'd throw them out... Sure they taste good, but no one in your house needs a Ding Dong - skinny or not, kid or not, chocoholic or not!

hellokitty81668
08-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Hi,
I finally have the time to post, had a busy day today.
Bkfst was Kash go lean crunch, skim milk, and a small banana.
Lunch was these awesome baked pita chips with hummus( 250 calories)
Snack Kashi tlc bar, cup of fruit( 200 calories)
Dinner 2 smart dogs, 2 low fat whole wheat buns, sauted spinach( spinach sauted with garlic in 1 tbs of olive oil( I did not eat all the spinach it was divided into 4)
I have 400 calories still to go, might have some oatmeal with fruit or something.
I hope your day was well everyone!!
cheryl

mj5
08-22-2007, 07:22 PM
Hi again!

Tricia--Thanks! I did get to the gym and of course, felt better! Tried to sneak in a walk w/ the dogs too, but it's raining.

Dinner ended up not being good....we ordered pizza. Ahhhhhhh, I sort-of restrained myself, but I know better! It was a weak moment that I let happen.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

MJ ;)

hellokitty81668
08-23-2007, 07:43 AM
Hi All
Rhonda: Where are you girl? Is everything ok?
MJ: We all slip up with food, you will do better today!

Today is another day I wake up and exercise is the problem ! I am sitting here knowing I have to exercise @ 8 am, but feel so tired and drained.
I usually have to push myself to exercise, and that is my biggest problem.
Bkfst : Kashi go lean crunch with skim milk and a banana
Lunch: Morning star black bean burger with hummus
Dinner: Either fish baked with tortillas, or Spaghetti squash with feta cheese and sauce. ( I haven't made up my mind yet)
Snacks: Kashi tlc bar, Fat free yogurt, fruit.
I will do this today!!!!
cheryl

mj5
08-23-2007, 09:33 AM
Good Morning! New day, fresh start! Last night I found out my sister has started nutrisystem--so now it is on! Maybe a little friendly competition will get my butt moving!

Cheryl--Hope you were able to push yourself to exercise! I wish I could get up early enough to do it in the am, but it just doesn't work for me. Thanks! I get so frustrated because it seems like I do well w/ food, but slack on exercise OR I don't eat that well, but am exercising....I know that they go hand in hand!!! But like I said, new day, fresh start!

So far so good! LOL! It's only 9:30am, but I ate breakfast--I packed my lunch, and we are having chicken and salad for dinner--probably some roasted veggies too. I am going straight to the gym after work--tonight is just cardio.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

MJ ;)

GirlyGirlSebas
08-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Good morning, Everyone!

So, Hubby and I went shopping for curtains yesterday and decided to eat dinner. No, I didnt stay on-plan and I am paying for it today. I have the worst acid stomach. The thought of eating anything today just makes me feel queasy....so, looks like I'm back on-plan.:D Seriously, I am back on-plan. I can't keep doing this to myself and the alternative is just not acceptable to me anymore. I don't want to be fat anymore.

Today, I be drinking tons of water as my feet are very swollen. Not sure when I'll feel like eating, but it will be Southbeach foods only. No exercise as I fell and hurt my knee yesterday....not badly, just bruising which should heal in a couple of days. Its really not too late to possibly post a loss on Monday's weigh-in, so I'm going for it!

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day.

royalsfan1
08-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Good morning, accountability partners!

Today started off on a bad note. My "run" alarm went off this morning and I did NOT want to do it...so I shut it off and went back to sleep. By the time I got the kids to school I was mad at myself so I did my run then...but it was HOT and SUNNY and NOT FUN! Maybe I'll remember this next time I'm tempted to shut off the alarm!

I've had my Slimfast shake this morning and I'll have some fruit for a snack. Who knows what lunch will be. I'm guess spaghetti squash sauteed with some vegetables of some sort.

My women's retreat team meeting is tonight so dinner will be on the go (again). I'm going to order pizza for my kids and then try to get to town in time to grab something healthy for me. I'm thinking Chili's Guiltless Salmon in a take out order will be just PERFECT! I haven't had salmon this week and I usually try to have it twice a week. It's such a GREAT food for us!

Snack on the way home will either be a protein bar or a yogurt. I'll have to have something, I think, because dinner will be before 5:00 and not eating again until breakfast could be a recipe for a disaster.

mj - competition (friendly) is such a great motivator! I'll be eager to hear how nutrisystem compares to plain old healthy habits. Keep us posted!

Rhonda - you haven't failed...you're still here and still determined! I just wish I had some words for you. Sometimes I feel really guilty because I feel like I'm getting off easy on this journey...and I see some people that I truly care about struggle and it just makes me wish I could help. Let me know if there is anything I could do, ok?

butterfly - get rid of the Ding-Dongs! They're just poison for you and your family. If you're going to splurge you could find MUCH better options! :)

schmoodle - business trips are hard! I remember those days! Keep your nose to the grindstone!!! You can make it through.

cheryl - so...have you exercised yet? Seems like it's the problem to have, today! :)

CC - I just LOVE the Amy's stuff as well!!! Her Indian foods are fabulous!

Have a great day, ladies!

hellokitty81668
08-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Yep I exercised, didn't want to at first, but did 40 minutes on the elliptical with resistance, and my 14 minutes of general exercises. Tonight I will be lifting some free weights, and may go out for a walk with my daughter , around the neighborhood.
So I didn't give up, I know tomorrow will be better for you Tricia, and Rhonda I am glad you are ok, I know you can do this!!! To tell the truth, I have always loved your attitude and you have made my bad days good, so I know you will get over this slump and get back on track, I am sorry you injured yourself, do you lift weights? Maybe you can sit and lift some weights?
Good luck on the rest of the day everyone!!
cheryl

Slashnl
08-23-2007, 12:38 PM
I'm doing pretty good. I got up on time and went walking. It feels so good to do that, I don't know why it is such a struggle to get out the door. Lazy!!
I'm going out to lunch today, so I'll have to be careful.
Good luck to everyone!

mj5
08-23-2007, 03:35 PM
Hi again! Ahhh, almost time to go home--well, not really--almost time to leave work and go to the gym! then the grocery store, then home!

Rhonda--I felt the same way after the pizza last night! Ick! I hope your knee feels better soon.
Tricia--I don't know a lot about nutrisystem (yet), but from what she was telling me last night, I didn't like the sounds of it. I'm not big on pre-packaged food to begin w/, but if it works for her that's great! She also said that so far some of it has been really gross. I'll be seeing her next weekend, so I will get more info from her.
Cheryl--Yea for the exercise!
Diane--I SO hear you! I don't know why it is such a struggle to exercise....it feels so good afterwards!

I probably won't check back until tomorrow--hope everyone has a great night!

MJ ;)

CLCSC145
08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Hi all,

I skipped exercise yesterday. Jeez, do I sound like a broken record or what? Back at it today though. Food was great and I had quite a surprise on the scale this morning. It is true that a week goes by with little change and then Whammo! It all comes off at once. I'm not gonna question, just gonna go with it. Food was good yesterday. And I read as my nice thing (and was so into it I didn't walk - oops - can't let the goals cancel each other out!).

Hope everyone has a good day!

NESunshine
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Well better late than never today! Phew...today was ok. My abs are hurting a bit but I'll take that hurt over the hip and shoulder cause it's a good 'I know it's cause I worked out and my muscles are feeling it' kind of hurt.
I was pretty good on plan today...not 100% but not awful. I had a big CVB quarterly meeting this morning...and those come with breakfast and coffee...well I eat breakfast at home, every morning so at the meeting I had a croissant and some fruit and just called that my snack for the day...it was at like 1030-11am which is when I usually have a snack anyway....I was late getting home today...eye appointment... so I did grab a bag of chips on the go...not the best choice but it was a single serving bag, 140 cal. so it could have been way worse.

No gym today...Michele went out with a friend and I have no car and was late anyway but I'll be going tomorrow. I should have my car back next week sometime so I'm looking forward to trying to get back into the habit of working out in the morning...between now and then I'm going to be working on getting up a bit earlier every day so I'm ready not to sleep through my alarm when the car is back.

woo.

hellokitty81668
08-24-2007, 07:41 AM
good morning all,
I hope everyone had a great day yesterday,
Tricia : Did you exercise this morning?
Rhonda how is the knee doing?

Yesterday I was so close to going off plan ( I ate 2 ice cream sandwiches- 100 calories , 1.5 grams of fat), but luckily my calories where low enough that I had 1500 calories with these 2 sandwiches. This probably messed up my stomach, because I had a bad stomach ache last night, and didn't sleep so well. A lesson learned, will I pay it any attention, I better.
I am getting ready to exercise soon,
Breakfast will be Kash go lean crunch, skim milk, banana, water
Lunch : either veggie burgers, or tuna
Dinner : is up for grabs , family will eat pizza, I need to find something healthy for me.
Snacks: I have Kashi Tlc bars, fruit, yugrut.
I know I can do this!!! Cheryl

GirlyGirlSebas
08-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Good morning, Everyone! Hope you're having a great on-plan day.

I have to keep things brief this morning as I have a ton of work to complete today. I mentally preparing myself for this weekend. Tonight, we are taking another couple out to dinner. I'm hoping to get everyone to agree on a restaurant early so I can pre-plan. If not, I will choose something grilled with veggies and no potatoes, pasta or bread. Tomorrow evening, we are having an engagement party for another neighbor. I plan on eating dinner before I leave and just drinking diet coke while I'm there. I'm hoping that planning ahead will help to keep me on track this time. Last weekend really messed me up, but I didnt plan for that weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

NESunshine
08-24-2007, 01:16 PM
So far so good today. I need it to be 3pm immediately so that I can be released from the chains of my job. It's back in the 90s here today...big change cause it hasn't gotten up out of the 60s in over a week...I totally live in the weather sample state!

Anyway, so far so good today. I'm just finishing up my lunch and I'm rolling in at about 750 calories so far. Going to do some sort of exercise this afternoon, maybe some sort of stir fry for dinner...something with a lot of veggies. I just can't wait until I can leave work! I wish we got to have 'summer friday's' all year round!

uhg

Slashnl
08-24-2007, 01:27 PM
I'm doing ok so far. I didn't exercise, but that was planned. I had one of those little aches that happen, so I'm letting it all rest. I'm hoping for a good weekend. It will be a busy one!

mj5
08-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Hi everyone!
Sunshine--We are getting hit w/ the heat here in New York State as well....ugh, I was really enjoying the nice cool weather! It's over 90 and tomorrow is going to be in the upper 90's. ick!
I have been planning all day to go to the gym, but I have to be honest, it is just way too hot. I'll try to do my yoga dvd later, but I just can't force myself to go workout in this heat.

The good news is...I am totally on plan so far and must stay that way for the rest of the day!
MJ ;)

Schmoodle
08-24-2007, 04:18 PM
Just planned my menus for the week and am going to do my shopping in a little bit. I'm a little out of synch, these are for the 24th through the 31st.

Friday: Lean Hamburger Patties, 7-layer Salad
Saturday: Buffalo Chicken Tenders with raw veggies and bleu cheese
Sunday: Stuffed Summer Veggies
Monday: Fish Filets with Ratatouille
Tuesday: Baked Chicken-Ricotta Bowls, Sauteed Zucchinni
Wednesday: Shrimp and Scallop Quiche, Salad
Thursday: Cold Avocado Soup, Enchiladini Casserole
Friday: Make-your-own WW Pita Pizzas

I love it when I don't have to think about meals for a whole week to come! The weeks I don't plan are so much harder...
And 4 new recipes to try, fun!

CLCSC145
08-24-2007, 04:34 PM
No worries, Schmoodle. The dates are good just for keeping the thread from getting unwieldy. Your menu sounds good! Wanna come cook for me? ;)

Yesterday was a good day. I exercised and ate well. And for my nice thing I watched a really stupid movie, but it was entertaining enough. The plan is to do it all over again today (well, maybe not the stupid movie part). I can't believe it as I feel like I JUST went to the store, but I need to go again. Now that I am home full time, with 3 meals a day and snacks the food doesn't last long here!

Take good care of yourselves and to those of you who we won't see until Monday, have a great on plan weekend!!

rakel
08-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Hey everyone! I'm new and going to join in here!

I have stayed on-plan for my diet so far this week -- I'm eating 1,500 calories a day. The only time I went over this week was when I went out to lunch at an Italian restaurant with my fiance. I forgot to count my unsweet iced tea with sweet n low. So good news is that it wasn't much over, bad news, I still went over.

My exercise, however, has been a disaster. I run my own business with my fiance, so late nights are unavoidable sometimes. I generally try and exercise in the evenings after work because I am NOT a morning person. When I was working at home I would get up, eat some breakfast, take a leisurely time waking up, and then I would exercise, shower, and get ready to work, but now that I go to an office, it's all I can do to get up, shower, grab a quick breakfast and get out the door. But anyway, as I was saying, I was working on getting everything together for a delivery (today) for a client, and on 2 of my exercise days, we got home after 1am, last night (thursday) I got home at 5am and it was all I could do to make it to my bed and sleep.

Good news: I am still making progress this week in my weight loss, and now have lost 12.5 lbs since I started (July 31st), so I am encouraged that even if I mess up with my exercise plan, by sticking with my food plan, I am still losing. Today I burned 500+ calories playing DDR. Typically I burn around 18 calories a song, but today I really pushed myself to do every song between 20 and 30 calories, which made my workout go much faster, and keep my heart rate up the entire time.

I am not super good at planning out my meals entirely in advance, though my fiance and I tended to eat out a lot because we're always busy it seems, but I've been trying hard to make more food at home and have been living off lean cuisine's frozen meals. I do log everything in my food log and tally up the calories. I don't want to overwhelm myself right now, so I am focusing on just the calories. Once I reach my first plateau I know it will be time to start limited my fat intake, and doing more vigorous exercise for longer, and possibly limited my calories once more, and work on some weight training.

BTW, I just put up a new avatar, it's a picture I took today. I look quite a bit thinner than I really am, but I have a hard time putting up a picture that is not flattering. I put a full body pic taken earlier this week (10.5lbs lost) as my profile pic so you all can get the full effect. BTW, I know I don't look happy, it's because I was squinting right into the sun :P

CLCSC145
08-24-2007, 08:21 PM
Welcome, Rakel!

I SOOO would not bash yourself over sweet n low. My goodness, does that even have calories? I can really identify with you over exercise being hard to do, except I don't have any good excuses for not doing it. :) You've got the right idea about not overwhelming yourself. Just take it one decision at a time. Enough good decisions over time add up to results.

Your avatar is great! It's nice to see who we're "talking" to.

Post often - this is a wonderful site full of very supportive people!

royalsfan1
08-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Rakel - Great to have you here! I think you're really going to enjoy the accountability. These ladies really help me stay in line. If I know I have to post a screw-up I tend to rethink it before it happens. :)

Hopefully you'll figure out a way to get in your exercising mainly for how good it will make you feel. I really feel that for weight loss, most of the emphasis should be on finding a great plan that works best for you. However, for overall well-being and feeling GREAT in your new body...nothing beats exercise! Just don't let one aspect discourage you to the point that you throw in the towel. Food changes, now, exercise changes when you can make them happen. Babystep. :)

As for my day...totally on plan.

Stayed under on my calories and worked out not only this morning (thanks for asking, Cheryl) but also this afternoon! This morning I swam 1/2 MILE (32 lengths)!!!!!!! Then I did weight lifting. This afternoon I met a group of friends over at a friend's house and we all did about 20 minutes of water aerobics and an hour and a half of gossip and giggles. :)

Catch you all tomorrow!

(Oh, and Rakel, don't be discouraged this weekend if it gets a little slow around here. It happens every week! :) )

rakel
08-25-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks ladies! You all are very encouraging and I am loving it here so far! I passed up a few other forums before I settled on this one. I'm not *too* hard on myself, but my fiance is. He knows me all to well -- I have tried many times to do this and it was always my leniency that brought it to an end. I know he has my best interests in mind. He's helping me a lot, helping me research and figure out the best thing for me to do. So, at any rate, he is watching me like a hawk until I can prove myself responsible :P

So, that said, I got some bourbon chicken and fried rice for lunch/dinner (split it into 2 meals). Not exactly the most healthy thing and I have no idea how many calories are in it, but I am preparing for the worst. If that means I eat less today, then so be it... it was worth it! I figure it's better to treat myself once in awhile than totally deprive myself, as long as it's not a daily thing.

I guess that seems weird because it's like 2:02am, but my whole sleeping schedule is off because of the past 2 days. That's the biggest problem with finding a routine right now -- my schedule is constantly fluctuating, it's a wonder I can even manage to keep things under (semi)control.

UNTIL NEXT TIME ~

NESunshine
08-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Morning everyone
WOO I MADE IT TO SATURDAY!! and I made it sleeping to 10am...I can't remember the last time I made it sleeping past 7 at the absolute latest. Man...If you couldn't tell I'm not a sleeper... I'm happy if I make it a solid 4 hours...and it's not for a lack of trying.
Anyway, I got up and made some brunch...coffee, and an omelet (egg whites, 1/2 serving of healthy choice thin sliced ham and 1 serving of cabot 50% reduced fat cheddar) it doesn't sound like much but I like it so it was sort of a treat.
I'm getting my car back on Wednesday so they say but for the weekend I've borrowed my mom's car so I can get to the gym....my parents went to Maine so they didn't need 2 cars. I'm a little nervous as I haven't driven at all since the crash... and I wasn't much of a fan of driving in the first place. I suppose it's just like weight loss though the only way to evolve is to get back on the horse when you fall off.
It's grossly hot here...well for Massachusetts I guess... mj I'm with you...I love the cool fall like weather! but at this point now that I've experienced south Texas in August I have a new criteria on what is grossly hot...I'll take this over Texas any day! And hey...the gym is air conditioned! Well that is pretty much my plan for the day....take a shower, go to the gym...take my time at the gym and enjoy it....clean my apartment, do some laundry....and relax.

WELCOME to everyone new!!!! It's great to have you!

mj5
08-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Hi everyone! Welcome Rakel!!!

It is still really hot here...supposed to break tomorrow and I can't wait! sunshine--I know what you mean....my younger brother came home from Afghanistan a couple of months ago and he said it would reach 140's--YIKES! I can't even imagine! I just don't like the heat, of course when it's freezing and snowing I'm not a huge fan of that either, but at least I can put on a sweater! There is only so much I can take off! ;) Hope the driving went ok--Last year I was in 2 accidents w/ in two weeks. Neither were my fault, but driving after (especially after the 2nd one b/c I was pretty bruised) was pretty scary.

No exercise today, well unless you count the cleaning I did--actually, I should count that it was 3 hours of sweating, it must count for something! It's too hot to clean too, but one of my friends is coming to visit tomorrow and I had to do some stuff!

Food choices so far have been really good and LOTS of water!

Have a great day!
mj ;)

CLCSC145
08-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi all! Hope you Easterners are staying cool. Sunshine, I know what you mean about getting a new definition of hot. For me it was Norfolk, VA in August. Over 100 degrees with close to 100% humidity. The car air conditioning felt like a heater blowing. I thought I was going to die and I've done San Antonio in the middle of summer! But Afghanistan, MJ - I can't begin to imagine.

Food and exercise were good for me yesterday. I took a really long walk and it felt great. Especially when it was over ;). Today, so far so good. I'm off to the movies tonight. While I like the taste of movie popcorn, I'm "blessed" in that I find the smell of it when I'm not eating it nauseating (I'm the same way with eggs - ick). So no chance of blowing my plan there!

I've gotta go, but I hope you all have a terrific day...

hellokitty81668
08-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Hi all,
I have been out shopping today, did 31 minutes on the elliptical, and that was good enough for a weekend.
Breakfast was my normal kashi / banana
Lunch was smoked salmon with crackers
Dinner was 2 black bean burgers with sour cream and onion, no bread
Snacks: dried cherries, tlc bar and I split a dark chocolate bar 3 ways with my kids
I still have 150 calories left to go, don't know what I will do, but it will be healthy
The heat has been awful here today, it just makes you feel so tired. I can't wait for cooler weather.
I hope everyone has a great weekend.
cheryl

royalsfan1
08-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Hi all. Today was good AND on plan. Breakfast was Slimfast, Lunch was spaghetti squash and vegetarian sauce, dinner was grilled chicken with corn and salad. Snacks were bananas and it's possible I'll have a Kashi bar if I get hungry later. I did weight lifting and 45 minutes on my elliptical for exercise. I'm just feeling so darn good and SO excited about weighing in on Monday. After last week going up one pound I'm really hoping to make up for it this time. Just a loss will thrill me.

As to the heat....I live just north of Memphis...need I say more??? We've averaged 100+ for about 3 weeks now and the heat index has averaged in the one-teens. Humidity is 90+. No rain. No breeze. I live in ****.

mj5
08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Good morning! Back to the cooler weather (at least for today!) I am hoping to get a walk w/ the dogs in today. A friend is coming to visit soon--she wanted to go out to lunch, but I talked her into coming to my house and I'll cook for us. Easier to resist temptation that way!

CC--Hope you had fun at the movies. Great job getting in a long walk! I can't imagine Afghanistan heat either...and in all the gear he had to wear (in the Army)...I *try* to keep that in mind when I am whining about the weater--doesn't always work, though!
Cheryl--Ooh, shopping, my favorite! Hope you get a break from the heat soon!
Tricia--Hope you get a break from the heat soon too!

I cannot believe it, but I have started my holiday shopping already. I always say I am going to, but never get around to it, but this year I'm doing it! I have 2 gifts purchased and two more on the way. I'll probably still be rushing around at the last minute for things, but at least I have some items already!

Have a great day!
mj ;)

NESunshine
08-26-2007, 09:56 AM
Good morning....ahhh it's Sunday and I'm doing Sunday morning things...Drinking coffee, watching the news, checking my email...all in my PJs...The heat isn't gone here yet but it's not supposed to be as high as yesterday and I think it'll be fine....fall is right around the corner :)

I went to the gym yesterday, the driving wasn't as terrible as I thought it would be. My senses were definitely heightened...but I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing. Anyway I kicked some serious booty at the gym... I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, 30 minutes on the treadmill (full incline at 3.5) and then another 30 on the cybex....phew....and that gym...not as air conditioned as I remembered it so I was sweating! I'm not really achy at all this morning...I mean I can feel some fatigue but no muscle pain so I'm going back in today. Going to do a little less cardio and add in some weights. Other than that I've got vegetables for a salad I need to put together today, and I might cook up some stuff to take to work this week....no lunch meetings THANKFULLY!

For Breakfast I had pancakes...not the best thing but I make them with the healthy heart bisquick, egg whites and skim milk so they aren't terrible. Lunch is going to be lighter with that salad and some tuna on top...not sure what's for dinner yet but I'll figure something out!

Have a good day everyone!

rakel
08-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Yesterday I forced myself to exercise. I REALLY didn't want to, but I feel better with myself now that I did. I actually came under my calorie limit. For breakfast I had a popcorn cake and 4 strawberries, lunch was a lean cuisine dinner (orange chicken), and for dinner I made some scrambled eggs with 1/2 slice of reduced fat swiss cheese, tomatoes, onions and some basil & garlic powder with toast. For snacks I had a 100 calorie pack of chocolate pudding, another popcorn cake, and a regular 8oz glass of mango lemonade.

I had a 100 calorie light yogurt (peach! yum!) for breakfast (which was like 5am?), and right now I'm eating a lean cuisine dinner because I'll be going to church soon and don't want to be starving! I actually haven't gone to sleep yet, I'm trying to turn my schedule around so I can go into the office at a decent time on Monday, and conversely, won't have any trouble exercising when I get home. I probably won't exercise today because of this though, so I will just make up for it later in the week. Maybe just do longer workouts than usual, and burn 700 calories instead of 500.

I weighed myself today and yesterday and I'm not sure what's going on. I was at 295.5, and yesterday I tipped the scale at 297. Today I weighed myself about 10 times (yeah I know, a little obsessive, but I didn't get any sleep remember?) and got varying results between 295.5 and 297, even one 297.5. So, I'm guessing I'm probably 296. I don't see any reason for me to have gained anything, so I'm thinking maybe it is just water weight or who knows what. I'm trying to not be discouraged!

Alrighty! I better get back to putting on my makeup and getting ready for church.

CLCSC145
08-26-2007, 04:43 PM
Great job on the good day, yesterday, Tricia! As for the Memphis heat, I have family in Atlanta and it sounds as miserably hot and dry (but humid) there too. Imagine not being able to keep plants alive in Atlanta?! Yikes.

MJ, Christmas shopping??? All I can say is wow. I am one of those people shopping the week before and promise every year will be different, but it never is. Gosh, sounds a lot like my weight loss efforts. Hmmm. I guess a life change is a life change!

Sunshine, glad your return to driving was a good one. And way to go on the gym! Enjoy the rest of your restful Sunday.

Rakel, it sounds like you're off to a super start! Weight fluctuates for SO many reasons... water, salt, the potty (TMI), plus it takes a few days for your actions to show on the scale. I am learning to take an objective view of the scale by writing down my daily weight. It's interesting to watch how it goes up and down daily or staying steady for days on end, but so long as I stick to my plan, it does drop over time. Hang in there!

I had a good food day yesterday and ate out for dinner. I chose a small barbeque chicken salad with no cheese and no bread/muffin. I went to the movies and saw Superbad. It really was vulgar, but I must say it was really funny too. Definitely not a movie for everyone and absolutely not for kids under 18. I got home late, but still forced myself to take a walk. I have noticed that my body moves differently now. More athletic, no more lumbering. It feels good. Today we are getting some scattered thunderstorms left over from hurricane Dean, so I was surprised to wake up to sprinkles. It hasn't rained here in months and months and months....

Take care all, and have a great day!

hellokitty81668
08-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Hi all,
I hope everyone had a great day.
I just want to be accountable for what I did
For exercise I went hiking at a park and did pretty good, this trail had hills, and I didn't have to rest , but did have to wait for people to catch up to me :D. This was about 1 hr and 30 minutes and tonight I just did another 30 minute walk around my neighborhood.
Eating was good , I think
breakfast: a small banana with kashi instant oatmeal
Lunch smoked salmon with baked pita chips
snacks: 7 strawberries, kashi tlc bar
dinner 2 corn tortillas, raw onions, carrots, 1.4 serving of black beans
with 1/2 serving of dried cherries and 6 pecan halves.
I know it looks like alot of food, but this is only 1387 or so calories, so I can still have a piece of fruit if I want.
I can do this!!!
cheryl