Old 08-20-2007, 10:09 AM   #1  

Default Weigh in at home 8/20 - 8/26

Starting the topic - be right back.
JudySP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 10:18 AM   #2  

Carla - I'm glad you had a good day on Saturday. I hope you had a good day yesterday with dinner at your mom's. Mmm, I just love tomato sandwiches (as you know) and corn on the cob. We have it constantly during the summer and I really miss it when it's gone too.

I had a good day yesterday. I got the lesson written up, got in some exercise and managed to eat so I used just a couple of flex points (and I didn't snack all night.) I had a good sneak peek today which I hope to use as encouragement to have another good day. Today I'm going to start looking for shoes for my stepdaughter's wedding - buying shoes is always a real chore for me because I have very wide, hard to fit feet. I need to get shoes pretty soon because I need to have the gown hemmed and don't want to leave anything to the last minute. Of course, the wedding isn't until the end of November, but I can see myself getting busy with work and putting it off. I did my short yoga/back stretches this morning and I'm planning on doing some exercise either when I get home or later this afternoon. After that, I need to try to relax. I have teacher-related reading I want to do but I'm not going to overdo it. I'm nervous about the interview tomorrow and need to try to calm down and get a good night's sleep tonight!

Have a great one,
Judy
Old 08-20-2007, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 268.8/266.4/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

Judy - Dinner at my mom's did indeed go well. Good for you for not snacking last night! I do not envy you looking for shoes. I have wide feet too and a high in-step. I had such an ordeal buying shoes for my nephew's wedding. I finally found a pair on Zappos.com. I didn't love them, but they fit and looked ok. Good luck on your interview tomorrow; I'll be thinking of you. Do you still have your part-time job at last year's school as a back-up?

Well, if you're experiencing a cold snap where you live, don't worry . It's just **** freezing over because I actually got my sorry butt out of bed and took a walk this morning! I ended up walking for 25 minutes and probably could have gone a bit longer. Nothing hurt too much when I was done, so that's good. Now to see if I can repeat tomorrow when I'll have to get up earlier. And now I must run. I have to enter breakfast in my tracker and then get Ana ready to go to "meet the teacher". Tomorrow is the first day of 3rd grade!

Have a great day.

Carla
cece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:15 PM   #4  

Carla - Hmmm, so that's what that cold snap was this morning ;-) Seriously, congratulations on getting yourself out for a walk. I'll be pulling for you to get out there tomorrow even if you have to do it earlier. Wow, school starts tomorrow? We don't start until after Labor Day. Good luck to Ana on her first day of 3rd grade! Thanks for the good wishes for the interview tomorrow. Yes, I do have the part-time reading position as a back-up which is a huge load off my mind. I have had some success at Zappos.com - I love how easy it is to try shoes and send them back if they don't fit/aren't right etc. There wasn't much that they had though. Luckily, I found a store that specializes in wide widths and got a pair I like that I think will go well with the gown.

So far, so good on eating although it's never during the day that's a problem for me. In addition to the challenge of not emotionally snacking tonight out of nerves, I have a bit of a challenge tomorrow evening. We are going to a minor league (A league - the Staten Island Yankees) game tomorrow - we'll actually be in suite (!) but I think the food is stadium food and since it's a corporate suite, I don't think I want to bring a sandwich. My plan is to try to eat light during the day (the interview is at 2:00) and bring some carrots on the trip to the stadium (which will probably be long since it will be during rush hour.)

I finished lunch just a little while ago so I am going to read a bit more before I exercise.

Judy
Old 08-20-2007, 05:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Height: 5'5

Hello everyone! Even though I have been a member since Sept of last year I just accessed the website last month. I started doing my WW from home a few weeks ago lost a few pounds and stopped. But now I am motivated to do it. To reach my goal!! I have to!! I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. I am very happy that this website exists and I hope I can count with your support! Thank you so much! oh and by the way I lost 1 more pound I just did not update my signature!

Last edited by NETZI81; 08-20-2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Update that I lost 1 more pound
NETZI81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

I weighed in yesterday and I'm down 3 pounds this week!!! I may just be able to make my Labor Day goal after all!
LondonJulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 08:20 PM   #7  

NetZ - Welcome to the thread and good for you for finding your motivation and re-starting. Congratulations on losting another pound. The program works when we do it.

London - congratulations on a great loss!

It's been a crazy couple of days. I think the interview yesterday went well but the 3rd grade spot seemed to have vanished and when I got into the interview found out that it was for a kindergarten position, for which I have much less experience. They were continuing to interview today and either tomorrow or Friday will come up with a few finalists. I'm in limbo pretty much until I hear. I have the p/t reading position in any case so that's good but I don't really want to set up my new (shared) room for the p/t reading position yet. I did go into my current school today and cleaned out the desk and helped the other reading teachers unpack some things. My back got a little ouchy so when I got home I just did more stretching instead of a workout. It's a very stressful, nerve-racking situation, made even more so because there is so little time before school starts. I'm doing my best to try to remain calm. I had a glass of wine before dinner to try and relax which helped a bit. I have to watch my snacking this evening although surprisingly, I've had nothing so far. Maybe it's nerves.

Tomorrow, I'm stuck in the house waiting for a delivery - unless of course, I have to go into the district in which case I have a number to call to halt the delivery. I plan on doing some reading to prep just in case and may as well get dates into my planbook which I got at school today.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-26-2007, 10:39 AM   #8  

It's been a rough couple of days, mostly I'm sure, because of the work situation. I didn't hear anything on Thursday when I was waiting for the delivery. I had plans to go to my parent's pool on Friday (with Tony and my sister), so Friday morning I decided to call the school at which I had the interview to give them my cell phone number. It turns out, they had not made any decision and the assistant said they weren't going to until this coming week! That leaves whoever gets the position a very, very small amount of time to prepare for the first day of school and of course, leaves me not knowing what next week is going to hold - I'm a bundle of nerves. I decided to keep reading school related things as well as a current mystery I'm reading and try to enjoy myself at the pool, which I did - we had a really good time on Friday. Yesterday, I decided to organize a load of things from school last year (reading) that I needed to organize, both for if I use them again this year or, if I get the kindergarten position, for future use. I'll continue to do some of that today. I was thinking of going to my parent's pool today but it's cloudy, humid, and the forecast calls for showers.

I did a good workout yesterday and plan to do more today but all the uncertainty though has taken a toll on my eating - I have been snacking way too much the last few nights. My "week" starts on Saturday so while I ate a bunch of flex points last night, I earned a bunch of activity points and I still have plenty of flex points for the week. I have to find another outlet for the nerves though if I am to lose what I gained since I came back from vacation (about 3 pounds) and start losing again. I have taken out both knitting and needlepoint and have picked them up - just not at night! My goal for tonight is to find other outlets for my nerves rather than snacking.

I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow - I don't really want to do anything with the reading room (like bring in my own materials) if I'm going to have to undo them - if I get the K position, time will be very short and precious. Likewise, I can't buy anything yet. At the same time, I don't want to spend tomorrow sitting around waiting to hear something. I suppose I could go into school in the morning and unpack the trade books that are for the upper grades - they belong to the reading room. I'll have to see.

Depending on the weather, today may pose a challenge. My sister and bil invited us to come along with them to a fairly local Italian street fair (aka sausage and peppers) but I'm not sure if we'll get there because of the weather. I think I'll figure out the day point-wise with sausage and peppers just to be sure.

Have a great one!
Judy
Old 08-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 287.5/257.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Judy,

I can empathize with the nerves/anxiety or whatever other label you put on it. I get overly snacky when I'm feeling that way and look for keep busy activities.

I can also identify with the waiting game, although I do a little of it every semester since I teach as an adjunct professor and my classes have to have minimum enrollment or they are cancelled. Fortunately word gets around and they've been staying on the books for a few semesters now and I feel more "set" in my schedule.

You're smart to go ahead and do fun things to distract yourself while you wait and no it isn't much time to prepare (been there myself). Good Luck with the rest of the weekend.

ruthannie
ruthannie is offline   Reply With Quote