LA Weight Loss - 08/20/07 NEW ALLI Thread, SUPPORT HERE

StillTryin
08-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Happy new week to everyone on Alli. As the weeks move by we all learn new positive ways to tackle our eating fouxpas! I hope we have all learned at least one thing in the past week. I know I have, but cant seem to implement anything lately..lol

I hope you all have another fabulous week and we get and give wonderful support!

PS-My mom is trying out for Who wants to be a millionaire today, wish her luck!!!

dcapulet
08-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Happy new week to everyone on Alli. As the weeks move by we all learn new positive ways to tackle our eating fouxpas! I hope we have all learned at least one thing in the past week. I know I have, but cant seem to implement anything lately..lol

I hope you all have another fabulous week and we get and give wonderful support!

PS-My mom is trying out for Who wants to be a millionaire today, wish her luck!!!

Super cool! Good luck to her!!

Yes, I need a positive, fresh start this week. I am back on track, and ready to keep moving in the right direction!

Brightside
08-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Insane Monday morning!! It's raining buckets here in Michigan and so I had to drive my kids to 2 different locations for day camp (girls one place, boys another). Normally they'd be in the same place. It made me late getting to work...not the way I wanted to start my first day back after vacation!

And, to add to my frustration, I forgot my morning snack! I am so MAD!!!! Normally I bring an apple and a string cheese to eat at 10:00am. Ok, it's now 10:07 and I want my snack!! There is NOTHING good to eat in the building (snack machine). This is a frustrating way to start off the week. I was so excited an positive yesterday and now I've got the blues! Phooey!

Beck1Beck
08-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Ah Bright, what a great thing. Do you realize you're MAD 'cause there's no healthy food available? Isn't that a great attitude? Not so long ago, I'd have seen it as an excuse for pigging out on junk food. Sounds to me like you have your priorities straight, even if the week DID start off a little disorganized.
Hope you've made it through OK to lunch time and that you have a better afternoon, than you did morning.

Here's a little yuckle to help brighten a gloomy Monday, all.

A guy is visiting San Francisco, and walks into a small store in
Chinatown.
He notices a small bronze statue of a rat.
He asks the owner "how much", and the owner replies "$50 for the bronze
rat, and $1000 for the story behind it".
The guy says, "forget the story", and buys the rat.
As he's walking down the street he notices two live rats following him.
As he continues to walk, more rats start following him.
He starts to get a little concerned, and heads for the waterfront. By
the time he gets there there are thousands and thousands of rats
following him.
He walks up to the end of the pier and throws the bronze rat into the
bay, and the rats all follow and leap off of the pier and drown.
The guy rushes back to the store and walks in. The owner says, "Ah!, so
your back for the story".

The guys says, "no, I was wondering if you can make one of my Mother-In-Law?"

Weigh-in tomorrow--wish me luck.

mayday
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi all. I just started using Alli on Thursday night. I'm 5'3 and weigh around 174. I'd like to lose around 40 pounds -- that's how much I've gradually gained over the last 5 years. But even 20 would make me happy.

Anyway, Sunday is the only day I know I went over the recommended fat grams and I expected horrible TEs but they never came (as of yet). In fact, today is the first time I noticed any kind of TE and that was the orange oil that I have heard about through reading this forum. One other thing that I noticed is that I have to pee a lot, and after looking at the myalli message boards it seems that is common for a lot of people.

For those of you who don't experience TEs, do you find that Alli is still working for you? I fear that since I don't experience any of the bad TEs (so far) that the pill won't work for me.

Has anyone else had to pee a lot since starting Alli.

Also, would you take Alli if you were eating a lunch that had 6 1/2 grams of fat in it. I had a lean cuisine today with 6.5 grams of fat and I did take Alli. I know I've read that if you have less than 5 grams of fat it's pointless to take it. Do you think 6.5 grams is not enough to take it as well? Just curious.

I've been reading your posts for a few weeks now and am excited to get ready to share in everyone's successes! :)

kbbruner
08-20-2007, 01:20 PM
For me, I take it regardless of the number of fat grams, and that's because I use it primarily for behavior modifaction. So, I always take it with every meal. Keeps me in a good routine!

Beck1Beck
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Welcome MayDay:
Yup--take one with every meal, just to keep me honest. I think of it kinda like that pill they give folks who're trying to quit drinking, the one that makes them puke if they drink after taking it.
If I mess up, my pill doesn't make me puke, but the results can be stomach turning, just the same. heheheh

I've only had one serious TE and there was nothing special that triggered it, so it must have been a cumulative thing.
Restricting my salt intake has caused me to spend a bit more time in the loo, but it's nice to be able to see my ankle bones again. hehehehe
It did take a Little bit for me to feel like ALLI was doing anything for me, but now I'm 6 weeks into it and for whatever reason, I'm convinced it's helping me in a lot of ways, but mostly in learning new behavior.

Put it in Gear and Drive On!!

annk
08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Hello! I also take it with every meal, just so it stays in my system and so it truly becomes part of my routine.

Brightside, I totally get what you mean about forgetting your snack! Having a plan for the day is so important and when one little kink shows up it throws me off, too. Especially if it involves cheese. : )

Good luck to everyone and have a great week!

Ann

dcapulet
08-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Welcome MayDay, and good luck!

Brightside
08-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Beck- thanks for the story! And I got back on track for lunch. Dinner is shrimp gumbo - loaded with sodium but relatively low-fat/low-cal. Hope the sodium doesn't mess up my weigh-in tomorrow.

Mayday- I also take mine with every meal for exactly the same reasons as others have said: cumulative effect and habit/routine. When I was on vacation last week I was nervous about TEs occuring where there were no bathrooms so I only took 1 pill a day. And sometimes I would even forget to take that. For me, I need to make it part of my routine at all meals. If you go back through some of the old threads you'll see that you don't need to have TEs (big or small) for Alli to work. As for peeing more- I find I'm more thirsty on Alli so I'm drinking more water. Good luck!!

StillTryin
08-20-2007, 05:46 PM
I also take it for behavior modification...I am a fried food junky! But since starting to take Alli I have only eaten fried foods one time...I had terrible TE's and have not had deep fried food since. Not worth it!
Granted, I am not 100% on my eating plan daily....not even close some days, but I am making BETTER choices. That is what is important.

bobbigene
08-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is doing well.

I went to the movies yesterday with a friend of mine - even tho the popcorn smelled wonderful I didn't have any. I never had it with added butter but still, it packs a fat punch! And I so love movie popcorn. After we got into the theatre tho I didn't really miss it. Must just be the smell that is wonderful.

Travellin
08-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Hi all! Back from my business trip and feeling pretty good. Knowing that they were planning to take me to some fantabulous restaurants, I decided to stop the pill a day in advance with the intention of still trying to eat good but, being that I was with clients, I didn't want to risk unexpected TEs. So, I ate good - splurged a bit but nothing over the top and am now back on track.

Mayday - I too take it w/ every meal. Also, the closest thing I've had to a TE is going to the bathroom more frequently (I'm much more regular these days) but I've never even had the oil or anything. However, I'm confident its working and if I pushed my luck, TEs would happen - therefore, I don't push my luck. I do however try to get as close to the max fat per meal as I can (without going over) - I figure if I eat 500 calories per meal, the more of that that comes from fat, the more calories get blocked. If that 500 calorie meal is made up of primarily carb calories with only a couple grams of fat, my net calorie absorbtion is higher.

Bobbigene - I was craving some serious kettle corn yesterday. My husband helped stear me away from it. There's just something about popcorn....

Brightside - I hear you on the snack frustration. Its amazing how frustrating that can get. I usually try to keep an extra couple snacks in the fridge in our office just in case I forget one day or I get insane munchies and have to have something. Its kind of a security blanket knowing they're there.

Tammy
08-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Still, that's neat about your mom trying out for that!! I am not on the plan everyday 100% either, but I am making better choices at every meal. It is making a difference.

Brightside, I hate it when those types of days happen!

Beck, loved it!!

Welcome to Mayday! I haven't had any terrible TE, and I do think it is working for me. I admit that I was excited last week when I saw the orange thingies though. lol If I go over 5 grams, I take one of the pills. I am in the bathroom more because I am actually drinking more water than I normally would have been.

I was going to have popcorn tonight, but hubby hasn't been feeling the best, so I hated to do that to him. He loves it!

Beck1Beck
08-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Sorry to plant that irritating song in your heads, but it's official--I'm down one more pound.
May not sound like much to some, but it's amazing to someone who couldn't stop gaining for the last 10 years or so. And the really amazing part is that I wasn't particularly good this weekend.
I'm more convinced than ever that this is a one-day- or even one-minute-at-a-time journey. I can't worry about losing 100 lbs--but I can try to live a life that lets me lose a lb or 2.
'Nuff Said! Here are some words of wisdom to start out the day--have a great one, all.

Strength is the capacity to break a chocolate bar into four pieces with your bare hands
- and then eat just one of the pieces. *********** Judith Viorst

StillTryin
08-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Beck, I love the saying!!! Toooo cute.

Well ladies I have had a change of heart with the whole JOB thing....I was going to take the Aflac job, but the more I think about it, I am not going to. I like the idea of the potential income, but I do not like that the company is not investing anything really into you (as far as being an "employee") I like having at least that little bit of security that I have some income each day/month for my efforts. So I am going to stick it out where I am for now. I talked to my hubby and he completely understands and like he said before, he is 100% behind me no matter what I do (or dont ..lol). I am however, looking for a new place to work. I applied at a place yesterday that offers better pay (base salary + commission) a company car, gas/repair credit card, paid vacation, health insurance, and a pretty flexible schedule. So I am going to pursue that company a little and see what happens, at least they are willing to invest a little in a good employee...that is what I need right now. My current job didnt really invest in me as an employee, and since I make them a lot of money each month, I think I need to make a move to where I will be appreciated. The only bad thing is that if I make a job move, I will end up driving like an hour each way to work, where, now I have a 10 minute drive....plus we are considering buying a different home, so then I would be less than 5 minutes to this place....but you never know what may happen. Wish me luck!

PS-I still havnt heard anything from my mom, so I guess she didnt get picked.

Tammy
08-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Beck, when I got married, one of my best friends wanted us to play that at the wedding. She had 5 friends getting married that summer, and she thought it was very appropriate. One-day or One-minute at a time journey sounds about right. If we stick to what we are doing, and we are learning to eat healthier, we are going to be much better off in the long run. Overall I feel really good except for the aches that I'm having today from fibromyalgia. Not sure what's up with that today.

Stilltryin, I'm sure you did alot of thinking about the job. I understand why you decided against it. My husband went into real estate several years ago with the hope that he would be able to cut back at his other job. He really didn't make that much in real estate, so I am so glad he had the other income . You have my prayers that whatever is best for you is what will happen!!! Good luck!!!

I'm off to meet some friends for lunch. I've been to this place before so I know that I'll be able to make some good choices (unless they've changed everything!!). Have a great day everyone!!

StillTryin
08-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Good luck at lunch with friends Tammy....I love having meals with friends...you get to catch up and visit...it is very fun and relaxing most of the time.

Brightside
08-21-2007, 02:10 PM
Beck- congrats on your loss!!! I'll also be thrilled if I can get the scale moving in the right direction!

TOM arrived today. I wasn't necessarily expecting it other than the fact that many have written that Alli somehow triggers it. I've had 2 visits from TOM in 2007, this will make my third. Quite honestly I won't miss it when it's gone for good!

StillTryin- changing jobs is so difficult. You're lucky that your dh supports you regardless.

Well, I'm off to take the kids out to buy school supplies...they start 2 weeks from today!

Tammy
08-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Lunch was fun, and we laughed alot. I made good choices, a cup of soup and a salad. Very delicious!! The only trouble is, I was hungry when I got home. I ended up with a slice of pizza that was left over. I journaled everything, but I'm going to have to really watch it for dinner tonight.

Brightside, I'm still waiting for TOM that should have been here the beginning of August. lol I've had months like that for the past year, so I think good ol' menopause is on its way. Wish it would hurry up!!

Ravisa
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Beck - I feel the same way about losing one pound at a time. If I quit dieting now, I'd be counting those pounds packing back on! So one pound down is one more step in the RIGHT direction.

I have enjoyed the lazy days of summer, and have really gotten into a good exercise habit. Cross your finger that I can incorporate that once I'm back to work in September.

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-21-2007, 04:00 PM
HI everyone!!

I have GOT to get back on TRACK again. The holiday in Florida threw me off, and then the room makeover for my daughter, threw me off... I planned to get back on routine yesterday with eating and exercise but my hubby came home early and I hadn't exercised yet - I don't like to do it when he's home - so I skipped it, then I started getting upset and guilty that I didn't do it so I started eating - I had popcorn (with butter) then I had toast & eggs (with butter!) then I had 2 granola bars, I don't even think they were low fat - then I had a handful of semi sweet chocolate chips, it was a disaster!!!!! (By the way, I had all of that AFTER my healthy dinner!)

Today I have been good, I am going to have my healthy dinner soon and get my cardio done, I want to be on track and progressing again, not going backwards :(

StillTryin
08-21-2007, 04:03 PM
ThinGirl, why is it soooo hard to get back on track after a vacation or project....? I have the SAME problem, ever since my overnight with my kids at the BEGININNING of Aug. I can NOT get it right!!! grrrr

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
I don't know, it's like I just lost my bearings or something. I was doing so good - I had it down to a science - even on weekends I was good. But the eating at restaurants during the trip, and the eating pizza and not being able to exercise while we were working on the room - just totally screwed me up. I bet I've gained :(

StillTryin
08-21-2007, 05:01 PM
THANKS SHY, I am glad I can help someone.....

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks shy, that was a great post and just what I needed to hear.

Ijust did an hour of cardio, and it was tough because I haven't done it in 8 days - but I made it through. Off to have my healthy dinner now :)

Tammy
08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Ravisa, good for you for being in the habit of exercising. I have walked this summer, but not much else. I can't wait for water aerobics to start again right after Labor Day at the Y.

Thingirl, good for you for being on track today!!!

Shy, I think we all beat ourselves up sometimes. This site has so much support! I depend on all of you to talk to because the only people who know that I'm doing Alli, are my son and a friend of mine who was asking how I had lost some weight. I worry about her because she isn't in the best of health at all. I recommended Alli. I think it would be a big benefit to her, but I don't know if she will try it or not. My hubby knows that I'm watching calories and fat and that I'm journaling, but he doesn't know about the Alli.

Tammy
08-21-2007, 10:52 PM
I worry about what my hubby thinks to, and I guess that's why I haven't told him yet. Tell your hubby that I was running up and down the streets yelling before I started Alli, so he can't use that as an excuse. lol

I went over on Calories today, and I feel downright crappy about it right now. I've been doing so well, but today I just ate like a piggy. Official weigh in is Thursday, so I hope I didn't do too much damage.

Brightside
08-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Hooray, I'm down 2 pounds! :carrot: Whoo hoo!!:D So happy!!!! TOM is here so that helped for sure, but I'm so happy & excited! I'll take a loss, any loss! I'm doin' the happy dance!!

Shy- I think it's great that you care what your husband thinks and that he is so worried about you. I haven't told anyone that I'm on Alli. It's my little secret. My husband knows I'm watching what I'm eating but that's about it. I also haven't told sibblings or friends. Mostly I don't want any lectures from anyone. So, I'm just plodding along on my own but not feeling alone since I have all of you to talk to and get the support I need! :hug: I don't think anyone else can really relate if they're not taking the pill anyway. I think if you keep track of what you're eating you won't have TEs. Seems like the big side-effects many of us experienced are headaches the first couple of days and the unexpected arrival of TOM.

ThinGirl-have you been back to the nutritionist since your Florida trip? Where are the photos of your daughter's room??

Was it this week that someone was craving kettle corn? I bought some healthy choice kettle corn, it's 100 calories and 2 grams of fat per serving and there's 2 or 2.5 servings in a bag. Definitely something you can fit in to your daily calories, if you plan for it. It was one of the snacks I brought on vacation. Was it as good as the full fat version, no, but it satisfied my craving!

Tammy
08-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Shy, of course I yell at the trees about the leaves! Who doesn't???? lol

Brightside, congrats on the 2 pounds!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-22-2007, 08:36 AM

Beck1Beck
08-22-2007, 08:57 AM
What a great room makeover. It looked good before, but I LUV the light, bright after version.
I'm sooo jealous!

heheheh

Brightside
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
ThinGirl- I love the new color and theme! What a wonderful surprise to come home to!! I hope she loves it and appreciates all the work! I was gone when you got back from Florida. Congrats on the 2lb loss. That is so awesome! Are you trying to go back to your restricted diet? I seem to remember you said you ate the same foods each day? I have to cook for my family, my husband totally equates "home cooking" to whether I care about him. It's so silly and he's been like this ever since we got together(19 years!). If I go too long without cooking he thinks I don't care, that other stuff is more important and takes a higher priority than our family. So, since I have to cook for all of them, I have to make stuff that I can eat. I've tried eating different food from what they're eating (I did Seattle Sutton meals for 2 weeks) and it didn't work out for me at all! My husband likes when I'm watching what I eat because I cook from scratch rather than get ready made stuff. Right now I'm even avoiding rotisserie chickens from Costco (love them!) and instead will make a beer can chicken at home on the grill. Boy am I chatty today! I have a presentation in 3 hours and I'm procrastinating!

StillTryin
08-22-2007, 10:47 AM
WOW, Thin, you can come do my WHOLE HOUSE!!!! That is so nice now...(not that it was bad before) but what a difference....I am so glad she liked it.

Well, I have an interview today!!!! I didnt think I would get one this fast, I only sent my resume on Monday!!!! But this job would be more pay plus awsome benefits than what I have now, plus company car and cell phone reimbursement! So that would be nice! I hope I at least dont blow the interview! WISH ME LUCK!!! I WILL NEED IT

Oh and just so you know, I am not weighing for while...I do not feel up to it, since I know I have gained...(I know bad reason, but I just cant right now)

dcapulet
08-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Ravisa, good for you for being in the habit of exercising. I have walked this summer, but not much else. I can't wait for water aerobics to start again right after Labor Day at the Y.

Thingirl, good for you for being on track today!!!

Shy, I think we all beat ourselves up sometimes. This site has so much support! I depend on all of you to talk to because the only people who know that I'm doing Alli, are my son and a friend of mine who was asking how I had lost some weight. I worry about her because she isn't in the best of health at all. I recommended Alli. I think it would be a big benefit to her, but I don't know if she will try it or not. My hubby knows that I'm watching calories and fat and that I'm journaling, but he doesn't know about the Alli.

I thought i was the only one holding my "secret". My husband doesn't know about me using Alli either. I'm not sure why I haven't told him, probably cause he would think it was cheating. He would unintentionally judge me, which I don't need.

Rock on through the hump day, ladies!:hug:

StillTryin
08-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I am also in on the "secret". Mostly for the same reasons you stated DCapulet...I think he would be like "you dont need anything like that" "you dont need to lose weight" He is like that, which is nice, but "I" know I need to lose some.

Tammy
08-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Thingirl, I love the room, and from the looks of it, so does your daughter!!! You are an awesome mom!!

Brightside, I think our hubbies are related. They sound alike about the meals. We've been married 26 years.

Stilltryin, good luck on the interview! Keep us posted!!! You'll get back in the swing, and the weight gain will be gone. I have faith in you!!

dcapulet, it's funny because I thought I'd be the only one not letting the husband know. He doesn't even know how much I weigh, so I guess I keep many secrets. lol

I plan to go to our county fair tonight which means eating of course!! I was there Sat. and Sun. and I really didn't do as bad as I thought I did once I logged in the information about what I ate. Today I'm planning ahead. I'm allowed 1800 calories, and I've had 500 after breakfast and lunch. I've only had 7 fat grams for the day which is a bit under 19 per meal, but I was trying to save some space for the fair food. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I'm already nervous about it. I move my tracker when I lose, not on my weigh in day. I'm hoping I can move my butterfly a notch tomorrow, but I won't hold my breath yet.

StillTryin
08-22-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh man Tammy, there is NO WAY I would just tell my hubby my weight....whhhoa.

I love him and he doesnt think i need to lose any weight, but MAN, he doesnt need to know that actual number!!!!!

Brightside
08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Phew, I feel lots better knowing I'm not the only one keeping the secret from dh. The only time he heard my weight was when I was pregnant with triplets and I told the nurse to write on my chart not to say my weight out loud. I didn't want to know and he certainly didn't need to know. Not that he cared but I still didn't like hearing the number out loud. We don't talk about weight - he's tall & thin, can eat whatever he wants and does. 2 of my 3 kids have his body type too. They're very lucky.

StillTryin- good luck with your interview!!!!

Tammy- have fun at the fair. There are always yummy treats to have. Sounds like you've planned ahead. Good for you!

StillTryin
08-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh I forgot to tell you all, my mom didnt make it on the Millionaire show....but at least she tried. She said there were (2) 25 question tests to take and you only had 10 minutes for each one! One was general "trivia" type questions...and the other was about movies....

Tammy
08-22-2007, 03:06 PM
My hubby is 6'3" and is up and down between 185 and 190. He has really never had weight problems.

Too bad about your mom and the show. She could have won lots and shared it with your friends!!

Tammy
08-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, I just returned from the fair. I had a coney dog, french fries, and a lemonade shakeup, and I still have calories left if I want to eat something! I'm not going to though. Glad I held back at breakfast and lunch so I could just eat at the fair.

StillTryin
08-23-2007, 09:41 AM
Yeah it is ok about the show, but it would have been cool.

Well my interview went well. I had an appointment at 4:45, I got there at 4:20 to fill out the app and take the test. I was done with 5 minutes to spare. The manager had an interview at 4pm and he was done by 4:35! So I figured it would be pretty quick through the interview. Well, it was 6pm before I left and we went in his office at 4:40! So that was good. We had a nice talk and he let me ask all the questions I wanted, he didnt rush or anything. He also told me that there were A LOT of applicants, but they only interviewed 18. They are going to call back 4-5 for a second interview and I should know on that by tomorrow!!! I am excited. He talked to me about the pay and benefits, I have never gotten that info on a first interview, so that was a promising sign. I think typically they save that for the candidates that they feel have a GOOD chance of being offered the position, since that is supposed to be "privilidged" info. He went through how the training works and that he wants someone to start about the 14th of Sept, which would be good as long as I hear about it by next week Friday so I can give my 2 full weeks notice, I dont want hard feelings where I am at now. BUT OMG girls! The pay/benefits would almost (but not quite) TRIPLE my income! Please wish me luck I really want this job, this would be a super step for me and my family! I dont know how I will last until tomorrow to hear, and then if I get the second interview, how will I last all weekend until Tuesday when they do them. I mean the manager and I had great "chemistry" during the interview (nothing sexual, just got along well)....Oh sorry for rambling!!!!!! And there is super advancement potential since the manager said he loves the company but will be transfering within a few years.

Tammy
08-23-2007, 09:52 AM
Stilltryin, I am so excited for you!!!!! This job sounds wonderful, and from the way things went at the interview, you must have made a good impression!!! You go girl!!!!!

I had my official weigh in today, and I was the same as last week. I can't complain since I did eat fair food several times. I just now thought that maybe I should have waited until tomorrow to the official one to give the fair food a chance to get out of there. Oh well. I'm off to a good start today though. OJ and Kashi with 1% milk for breakfast. One of my friends called and asked about going to the fair again tonight, but with the heat I'm not sure I want to go. It's always fun to go and visit with people that I don't see often. Some people I see once a year, and that's at the fair.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Hun.e.B
08-23-2007, 11:45 AM
Good Thursday alligators! Back from our little getaway! didnt come home to good news on the scale but I'll deal with it! I'm sure the chinese yesterday was of no help whatsoever! and let me just tell you...its stinks riding rides as a big girl! The park we went to was not big girl friendly like Disneyworld is.

Monday starts classes for me...1 more year till I graduate which means 1 year to get a big chunk of this weight off!!

Looks like I have TONS to catch up on around here, thingirl saw your before and after pics...the room looks fantastic! You did such a great job!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

Tammy
08-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Melissa, I'm sure once you are back on track the scales will be kind to you. And boo on that park not being accomodating for big girls. One more year till graduation! Think how much weight you will have lost by then!

Talked to my friend earlier about the fair. We always try to decide ahead of time what we'll eat. She is planning on kettle popcorn. I haven't decided yet. I have plenty of calories and fat grams available for the day.

bobbigene
08-23-2007, 07:27 PM
Thingirl - can you come and re-do my house? I love the way it turned out. I'm not a huge fan bright colors, but boy do they look great in your daughter's room. You might have me converted to give something like that a try! Guess I'm just scared of color, what if I don't like it? What if it looks bad? All those what ifs!

I can't wait until 4PM tomorrow. I'm officially on vacation for a week as of then. Won't have to go back to work until after Labor Day. I'm not going anywhere, just have a list of things to do at home. Like clean off every horizontal surface in the house. It seems like ever table, counter top, buffet in the house has something sitting on it that really shouldn't be there! I don't know how it all got away from me, but I need to tidy it up.

StillTryin
08-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Bobbi- I Hear you about the dirt/things being where they dont belong. I hope I can get a couple days off soon to get caught up at my house too.

Melissa- Good luck with classes and you WILL get back ontrack....I know you will.

Tammy-Sounds like you have your evening food plan, good luck!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-23-2007, 08:06 PM
What a great room makeover. It looked good before, but I LUV the light, bright after version.

Thanks!

ThinGirl- I love the new color and theme! What a wonderful surprise to come home to!! I hope she loves it and appreciates all the work!
Thanks! She loves the room although the first thing she said was the sun was a little creepy!:dizzy: she thinks it's cool now, though. :D

WOW, Thin, you can come do my WHOLE HOUSE!!!!

No thanks, I'm out of the decorating business! it was too stressful and screwed up my diet. Glad it's over. :o

Thingirl, I love the room, and from the looks of it, so does your daughter!!!

Thanks, it turned out to be a real good experience :)

Oh I forgot to tell you all, my mom didnt make it on the Millionaire show....but at least she tried.

Awww, I was really pulling for her, hoping she'd get in :( oh well it's great that she had the experience of trying out.

My hubby is 6'3" and is up and down between 185 and 190. He has really never had weight problems.

My 48 year old hubby has the butt of an 18 year old, and a 29" waist.
I've outweighed him for several years, I'd love to weigh less than him again.

Thingirl - can you come and re-do my house? I love the way it turned out. I'm not a huge fan bright colors, but boy do they look great in your daughter's room.

It was a split second decision to go with yellow. I was standing agonizing over the paint chits and finally I just told the guy - this one.

I had nothing to go with it. When the room was being painted, it looked terrible, the blue was bleeding through and it was super bright.
I was having second and third thoughts and almost cried thinking I made a horrible choice.

Once I had the border up, and the bedding and the area rug, I knew it was going to be okay. Everything just fell into place and I started enjoying myself.

The rest of my house is deep jewel tones with NO bright walls except for hers - but I think a teenage should have a bright room, it just seems right :)

I can't wait until 4PM tomorrow. I'm officially on vacation for a week as of then. Wow, that's awesome! have a great week off.

I have done great three days in a row now, I am back on track with my diet, had a great brown rice/veggie dish with grilled shrimp tonight. Did them on my George Foreman grill, I love that thing. :carrot:

Brightside
08-23-2007, 09:18 PM
Hi! Not a great day for me - TOM is still here and I had a TE today that made me glad I had on "extra protection". Good grief. I haven't been logging my calories...I'm just stressed, not eating right but I continue to take my pills. I gave a presentation today to about 40 administrators. We were in a building where the a/c wasn't working properly and I was last on the agenda. When I saw my spot, I took a pen and cut out 2/3 of my speech and just hit the high points. Everyone was grateful and they actually stayed awake. I'm just glad it's over.

Melissa--If I eat chinese I don't weigh myself for 3 days. It's all the sodium.
StillTryin--hope you get some good news on the job front tomorrow!!!
Tammy--staying the same is not a bad thing! Much better than moving in the other direction.
Bobbi--I can always come up with 10 things that I'd rather do than clean. DH tells everyone that I have a problem with horizontal surfaces. I don't know why I have such a hard time putting things away. Every now and then I go crazy and start throwing it all away! I do love when everything's neat & tidy but I'm definitely domestically challenged in that area! Dh isn't much, if any, help in that area at all. He works a lot. I work part-time and really should have the time to do it but I get distracted and will read the paper, a magazine, a book...walk the dog, anything to avoid housework!

dcapulet
08-24-2007, 02:29 AM
Oh I forgot to tell you all, my mom didnt make it on the Millionaire show....but at least she tried. She said there were (2) 25 question tests to take and you only had 10 minutes for each one! One was general "trivia" type questions...and the other was about movies....

how did she get the audition? Do they come to all towns or something? sounds interesting... too bad she didn't make it.

up late, can't sleep, not on plan.... i'm just a worry-machine:?:

Tammy
08-24-2007, 07:20 AM
Thingirl, I love grilled shrimp, and I also love my GF grill! Actually I think this one is a different brand because the GF died of overuse!! lol Hubby bought this one for me.

Brightside, very smart move about the presentation. I think you made the right decision cutting your part down. I can relate to those horizontal surfaces!! When I do start to clean, as I go through things I read anything that's there. I just retired from teaching. When my son would go in and help in my classroom, his job would be to get my classroom library organized. Well, he takes after me. He would sit and read the books!

dcapulet, I had trouble sleeping also. Maybe we should have met somewhere and chatted.

Plans for the day - NOTHING!!! I have chicken ready to go into the crock pot or on the GF grill, hubby bought some fresh tomatoes and ears of corn yesterday, and I have a bowl of cucumbers and onions. I think our lunch/dinner will be a good one. It's too hot to grill out.

Last night at the fair, I ended up with an order of breadsticks (Olive Garden style) and cheese sauce. Not very healthy, but it was good. My friend ended up with kettle corn and corn dogs.

StillTryin
08-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Dcapulet, they were doing auditions in a casino by her house, so she went down.

StillTryin
08-24-2007, 10:01 AM
I got a call about 8:30 this morning from the secretary. I missed it, I was out in our shop.

I called her back and she said that they appreciated me coming in the other day for the interview...
and that they want me to come back for the second interview on TUESDAY!!!!! They scheduled me for the last one of the day, just like the 1st interview! I was the last person they interviewed for the position during round 1! And now I will be the last person they interview for round 2! I went from having a 1/18 chance to 1/4 or 1/5 (he said they would be calling 4-5 people back for second interviews) WISH ME LUCK on TUESDAY!!! By this time next week I may be giving my 2 weeks notice at my current job!

Hun.e.B
08-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Good Morning ladies!

Tammy....I had my run in with fair food this summer, and it was sadly disappointing. Excellent job having a plan going in though....failing to plan is planning to fail! So you were a step ahead already!! Have a great time on your down day!!

Bobbie....YaY!! Vacation!!! I had very good intentions to clean my horizontal surfaces this summer but it didnt quite happen. Such is life!! I hope you have a great break!!

Stilltryin...thanks so much for your support!! I know having people like you backing me I really can do this! I've got my fingers crossed and double crossef for you on Tuesday! I bet you'll do GREAT!! Good luck!

Brightside...I'm sorry you are having one of those days! Is the stressful stuff over now so you can get back to eating like you want? I need to follow your example with the chinese food...or just stay away! Which is what I've been trying to do. But you know...vacation mode! I hope your day is going a little better!

dcapulet...oh I hate when I cant sleep! I hope you arent dragging today because of it!

Off to buy my books today, its gonna hurt! Yesterday I spent the day getting most of my PTA stuff organized and ready for the school year to start today I'll spend it on getting me ready for the school year. DH is ready to jump on the weightloss bandwagon with me on monday. He's on vacation this week thats why he's waiting. Hopefully that'll make things that much easier if I know I've got that much more support at home.

Have a beautiful day everyone!

Tammy
08-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Stilltryin, WONDERFUL!!!! You are going to do great in the interview! They are saving the best for last!!! Woo hoo!!!!

Melissa, hope the books don't cost too much!!!

I took a short nap with the dog a while ago. It felt nice.

StillTryin
08-24-2007, 12:04 PM
Tammy, I am jelous, I want to nap with the dog..lol

Thanks for all the support from you all. I appreciate it. It is funny that right as the 1st interview was ending, I told him that when he calls to tell me to come on Tuesday that he should schedule me last or late in the day so when he and the regional manager offer me the job we can go next door to celebrate my welcome into the company..lol He thought it was cute!

StillTryin
08-24-2007, 12:26 PM
OMG I just got more good news....(glad some part of my life is getting better, since my weight loss is STALLED BIG TIME)

My girlfriend won tickets to Vegas, well her b/f doesnt want to go, so I get to go instead!!! WOOHOOOO

I think I need to play the lottery this week..lol

Tammy
08-24-2007, 05:12 PM
Stilltryin, I like what you told them about the celebration! That sounds like something I would say. I drive my hubby crazy when I do stuff like that. lol
I think you should play the lottery too!!! I want to go to Vegas!!!

StillTryin
08-24-2007, 05:40 PM
We have lottery type tickets here that you pull off tabs and try to match things up, so I will have to put like $20 in them tonight when DH and I go celebrate......last time I did that I won $350, I could handle that today!

Yeah DH is taking me to dinner to celebrate getting the second interview! WOOHOOO...(MENTAL NOTE TO SELF "eat a BIG salad"!!!)

StillTryin
08-24-2007, 05:58 PM
LOVE THE AD!!!!!!

Congrats Shy, on the 2lbs!!! That is SUPER!!!!

Tammy
08-25-2007, 07:51 AM
That ad is great!! My hubby is getting tired of our dog. Maybe I could advertise him! congrats on the 2 pounds Shy!!!!

I'm taking some things to my son today. He decided he needed some things at college. It will be nice to visit with him. Naturally we'll go out to eat while I'm there. Planning to make good choices!

bobbigene
08-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Hooray! The scale finally moved! And just in time for me to be on vacation. I have GOT to be good this coming week so that the slider doesn't move in the wrong direction on my ticker.

I'm now going to read the previous posts to see what I missed and I may edit this later.

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-25-2007, 10:08 AM
Yay, congrats bobbigene!! and I'm sending you positive thoughts on staying good during your holiday.

Speaking of being good. I have to go to a party tonight where there will be food - lots of it. I know I am going to eat some,there is no way around it - butI wonder should I eat my healthy dinner at home, before the party? or just skip my dinner because I am going to eat there anywhere?

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Hi Shy :)

I was thinking maybe if I ate first, I wouldn't be so hungry and tempted at the party.

Tammy
08-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Bobbigene, congrats on the loss!!! Have fun on your vacation!

Thingirl, I don't have good self control, so I'd probably eat my meal at home AND eat at the party. For me, just eating at the party would be the best. I hope you did OK with the food and that you had a great time!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-25-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone - had a good time at the party but I was freezing!! it was outside and it was cold tonight, crazy cold - it was a hot day too, weird.

I had a big salad before we went. While I was there I had 1 glass of Perrier, some veggie sticks, 3 shrimp spring rolls, 2 little chicken skewers and a slice of BBQ pork. No booze, no sweets, no breads, no pastas and potato salads. I don't think I did too badly except for the deep fried spring rolls.

There was lots of stuff there I could have eaten, but didn't - so I am proud of that. :)

Tammy
08-26-2007, 07:06 AM
Thingirl, it sounds like you did great at the party!!! Way to go!!! I need some of that willpower!

bobbigene
08-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Wow Thingirl! What great control! You must have had extra helpings of :dust:

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks!

Thre is something else Iwanted to tell you guys.

Last Easter (April) my sister was having Easter Dinner and I went to the mall looking for something to wear. I was a size 20 and god I looked awful in the change room mirrors, my legs and belly - I looked like I was pregnant from the side, in fact my little niece (5) patted my tummy and asked me if I was having a baby :o last Christmas. I wouldn't even look at my face in the mirror, I would avert my eyes,it was just so depressing.

Anyway, I need some clothes now, for work and for casual because I am a size 14 at the moment, so yesterday I was trying on some clothes and I looked SOOOOO much better, I can't even tell you how much better I looked, my legs looked good, still heavy but smooth and a nice shape, it was soooooooo much better and I could look at myself. :) Don't get me wrong, I still have a belly and big butt, but more smooth now and clothes look better on me. Not perfect, not even great, but good and better than before by a mile.

I bought 2 skirts and 3 blouses, going out later today to try a few more stores. The other nice thing was that I was shopping in regular stores, not plus stores, I actually think I'm too small for the plus store now.

Last winter I had to wear my winter coat open because it wouldn't button up, I tried it on this morning and it is hanging off me. I could wrap it around me with inches to spare. :carrot:

Anyway thanks for listening to me ramble :hug:

StillTryin
08-26-2007, 11:12 AM
THINGIRL, That is AWSOME!!! You are doing so good, you had SUPER will power at the party, and going from a 20 to a 14 is HUGE, you must be feeling pretty UP right now...which is fabulous! CONGRATS!!!! I know this time around (dieting) I went from a 16 to a 10 and that made me feel wonderful, so you are really moving!!!!!!!

Travellin
08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Hi all and happy weekend! I know I don't post more than once or twice a week but wanted to say that I read daily and love hearing how everything's going.

Stilltryin' - so excited for you getting the 2nd interview! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

ThinGirl - there is nothing better than fitting into something that was once too small! Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans I bought over a year ago (in the hopes that I would soon lose enough weight to fit into them). Well, now, a year later, they finally fit!!

I had an amazing weight loss this week and I had to share it w/ you all. Since I started taking Alli a few weeks ago, I've been pretty restrictive with my eating. I was terrified of TEs, so I made sure I would eat no more than the 10 grams fat per meal (per the Alli web site, I'm to eat 1200 calories/day, 30 grams fat/day.) This, combined with a couple busy weeks at work, and I realized I probably wasn't getting enough calories in per day. I would eat more on the weekends (not overboard, just more) but that seemed to do more harm than good. After my first couple weeks on Alli, I had lost a little but felt like I should have been doing better. Plus, what was happening is the scale would drop a pound or two and then after the weekend (or my business trip) of just eating a bit too much, it would jump up 3-4 pounds and then it would take a week and a half for that to drop off netting me very little overall loss. :mad:

Well, we've all heard that if you don't eat enough, weight loss will stall. Its a scary thing to increase calories when trying to lose weight but I wasn't happy with the results I was seeing thus far and I knew there was no way I was going to further reduce my calories (I'm so not into starving myself!!) so I decided to give it a go and up my calories this week. I added probably an extra 300 calories a day and a few extra fat grams per meal - and wowzers! Since Monday, I've dropped 4 pounds! :carrot: I saw a number on the scale this morning I haven't seen in over 20 years! Most days this week, I exceeded the 1200 calorie/30 fat grams per day limit set by Alli but whatever it is that is unique about my body, it worked. And, even better, no TE issues!

Just goes to show this weight loss thing is all about trial and error and everyone is unique. Let's just hope it keeps up and I haven't jinxed myself by writing about it. :dizzy: Goal weight....here I come! :cloud9:

Tammy
08-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Thingirl, good for you for the drop in the sizes!! I think I wear the same size clothes no matter what size I am. Weird? I'm serious though. I am down 36 pounds from where I was several years ago, and I'm still wearing some of the same clothes. Granted, they do look different now. lol Maybe I'm just too cheap or lazy to go shopping for new ones. I hope you find more clothes today!!!

Travellin, that is awesome! 4 pounds is super!!!

dcapulet
08-26-2007, 02:52 PM
yea! to all those having a good week and lots of success. it's well deserved!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-26-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks everyone! I did find some more clothes today, a skirt, 2 light sweaters & 2 blouses, so I am all set for a couple of months. My next shopping spree will be for this cruise I am going on in Nov/Dec - I'm going to need tons of clothes for it.

Yesterday I wore a pair of jeans I bought over a year ago. Well, now, a year later, they finally fit!! WooHoo!! :carrot:

I had an amazing weight loss this week and I had to share it w/ you all. wowzers! Since Monday, I've dropped 4 pounds! I saw a number on the scale this morning I haven't seen in over 20 years!

Tammy
08-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Thingirl, way to go on finding some more new clothes!! It has to feel awesome!
And didn't you mention that you were taking all of us on that cruise with you???

I'm meeting some friends later today for a very late lunch/early dinner. Most of them are teachers, and they have a work day today and open house tonight. The rest of us just retired, and we plan to meet once a month (or more) to stay in touch with everyone. We've been meeting every month (sometimes twice a month) since I retired the end of February. The restaurant we are going to today will have excellent choices to stay on plan. I will stay away from the apple dumplings that we all love!!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-27-2007, 08:09 AM
And didn't you mention that you were taking all of us on that cruise with you???

Well yes! I'm going to need you all to keep me away from the 24 hour buffet :dizzy:

Brightside
08-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Wow, I was busy this weekend and didn't check in. So happy to read about everyone's success! ThinGirl that is so wonderful that you enjoyed shopping for clothes and are now a size 14! Awesome!
Travellin- WOW! 4 pounds! Fantastic!

I did not do well this weekend. I went to a party on Friday night. I should've eaten before but didn't even think about it. It was appetizers & desserts & drinks. All the appetizers were fried and I was hungry. Even though I had taken a pill, I ate everything in sight (plus had several fruity rum drinks). It took about 36 hours for alli to kick in and I've been suffering the consequences since noon Sunday. I'm glad I took the pill though.

I'm back on track this morning and even got up at 5am to walk a couple of miles on the treadmill. I'll take the dog for a walk later too. It will take a few days but I know the additional exercise will help my mood. I was in the dumps last week with TOM but today starts a new week and every meal is an opportunity to succeed...

StillTryin
08-27-2007, 09:35 AM
OK the new thread is up and running....CONGRATS on everyone (well almost) having a great week last week. and here is to a FABULOUS week this week!!!!

bobbigene
08-27-2007, 09:56 AM
First day of vacation, stayed up until 1:30 finishing the 6th Harry Potter book. Only stayed up that late because I knew I didn't have to get up early to go to work. I still woke up at 6! I'll get into the habit of sleeping late round about the time I have to go back to work.

Thingirl - great weight loss! You so deserve buying some new clothes. I can't remember the last time I bought something in a regular store (other than stuff to just wear around the house from Wal-Mart) and not a plus-size place. Everything is the same in those stores, black pants, stripe shirts, dresses that seem to have back ties that just make them look like maternity dresses. What designer came up with that! :?:

Anyway, everyone keep up the good work!

ThinGirl in FatBody
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Everything is the same in those stores, black pants, stripe shirts, dresses that seem to have back ties that just make them look like maternity dresses. What designer came up with that! :?:

I know, it's crazy! I had some really good luck in the store I shop at (Cleo) but they also had some awful things - like smocks!? Like I would wear one of those? :dizzy:

Thanks guys, thanks for being supportive and happy for me :hug: