South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249/204/125

Height: 5'3"

Smile Hi from newbie

I'm getting ready to start SB next week. I did it before a few years ago, with success, but somehow got away from it. I'm excited to be coming "baIck to the beach" soon. Shopping, planning, digging out excercise equipment, I'm ready!
I'm trying to get my family to do it with me, anyone have any luck with this endeavor?
Kat
Old 08-20-2007, 06:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/158/132

Height: 5 ft 2 in

Default go luck

I started SB yesterday. I have over 20 lbs to lose.
Good Luck. I've been reading about the headaches, and not looking forward to that. As I'm already prone to headaches. But will give it a try.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

nursekathi and wishtobefit! This WOE is very healthy and will be successful for you if you follow it. Be sure to read the book and check out the FAQ board for all the updated food lists and any questions you may have. We're happy to have you joining us, and be sure to join us often in our daily chat.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #4  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Hi Ladies and welcome!
Wish, I didn't get the SB headaches and I am prone to headachess too. Just keep your tummy full with healthy stuff and don't let yourself get hungry. Lots of protien helps..eat those beans!! In fact since starting SB I rarely get headaches at all.
I also didn't get the SB "flu"...guess everyone's body is different. If you do get them remember it won't last long and after a few days you will probably feel better than you have in years.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:59 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

ladies. I had a mild case of the SBD flu, just felt kind of yuck, but nothing major. And after that passed and ever since I have felt great! I am also used to losing a couple of days/month to headaches, but I haven't had one since I've been on SBD (3 months).
Looking forward to future chick chats with you!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:08 AM   #6  

Hi Kat!!
I'm back again too!! Just re-reading my SBD book again and getting ready to jump in. I"m so glad to be coming back and this group of women are so encouraging...
Good luck!!
Di
Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #7  

Welcome girls,
This is a wonderful group. I really think you have to make up your mind that you want to lose weight. You are going to be creating a life style change for yourself and family. The recipies on this site are great, they will help you through. Good luck, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 249/204/125

Height: 5'3"

Thanks, everyone, for the well wishes! I love the support here, I think it will help alot!
I did some shopping today, and am now sipping on a protein shake from a recipie on here, and it's yummy! I think I'm going to just start right away, instead of putting it off. I'm so excited!!
Old 08-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #9  
Shine on Little Diamonds

Default How will it work?

Hi all - I am starting Phase 1 today - but as I look through the menu and sizes and materials I don't see how it is SOOO different from what I have been eating. I am not sure I can do the 8-13 lbs in first 2 weeks they claim. I am up for it though, have support of boyfriend who is starting too and his roommate who has lost a lot on SB.

I lost 100lbs on Atkins before but can't do that again. Hoping SB will help me down from 194lbs.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

flamejobgrrl! I don't know what your diet was like, but South Beach Diet is based on no sugar, no white or refined wheat, no processed food, and eating whole grains, lean meats, and vegetables and fruit that is low on the glycemic scale. It's a healthy, sensible way of eating for life, and if you follow it, you will lose inches and pounds and feel great. Have you read the book? It's very important to read it to understand the concept behind this WOE. Not everyone will lose 8 - 13 lbs in Phase 1, there are many factors to consider such as your present weight, height, activity level, etc. Some people have discovered that they are losing at a faster rate in Phase 3 than they did in Phase 1. Good luck to you, and we look forward to you joining us in our chats!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:57 AM   #11  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Glad to have you with us chicks, you will love it here. Grab a towel plunk it down and we will send you over a cabana boy. ( If Ruth will share, she tends to hog them. )
Old 08-21-2007, 07:30 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome new folks.
Please join the Phase I thread where we share ideas and motivation.
Here's the link. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120860
Closed Thread