Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chitchat #264

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chitchat #264

Jane
08-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support :grouphug:and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

Jane
08-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone,

Mary still doesn't have any a/c, so she and the girls are here for the night. Dale is still working in MS. I'm just so glad that we have running water once again. Doesn't take much to make me happy. :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :hug:

sz2atheart
08-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Just a quickie here! Heading to Yorktown/Williamsburg, VA in the morning to visit my son who is stationed there. We'll do shopping in Williamsburg which will include the pottery, outlets and the peanut shop. The pottery used to be an old clay pot factory but know is huge with the best bargains on lamps, wall decor, floral arrangements and iron works. I need a few lampshades and looking for a few decorative grilles for the wall. There is also a candle factory. I'll shop till I drop. Then we will probably go out for dinner each night. I've packed fruit and lots of 100 cal snacks as well as taking tons of water, diet pepsi and diet green tea. But eating out for 3 straight days will be difficult. Coming home on Wednesday. Hope everyone had a great weekend! Oh, lost a whole .2 lbs this morning at WW. Well at least I didn't gain!

suetalks
08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Quick good evening...I got in a 5 mile bike ride today. Also a short walk. I planned to do WATP but have a bruised heel, so will wait on that.

I looked at my riding marks on the calendar. Since July 16th- through yesterday I had ridden 160 miles. Wow!

Fixed cornbread for DH and Mom..ugh. I did eat the ham and beans however and a small helping of potatoes.

Lazy Sunday. Hope you had a nice day.

WI tomorrow....*fingers crossed*

suetalks
08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Okay...I was the last one here yesterday and the first one this morning. Am I the only one without a life???
Actually, I already rode 2 miles, stripped and re-made beds, washed, dried and folded bedclothes, read the paper over coffee, un-loaded the dishwasher and fixed breakfast.
I did WI this morning and I lost 2 pounds. That is great for me...I lose so slowly. Measured and sure enough, I am down over an inch each in the three places I thought to measure before. Waist, abdomen and hips. (that is over 3 inches each so far) YAY! I wish I had measured my thighs early on because I KNOW they are smaller.
Now I have some incentive to keep plugging away at this.....

We got rain in the night and it is sooo muggy this morning. By mid-week we are expecting mid 90's again and more humidity.

Nothing planned for the rest of the day except hanging a few more pictures. I am sure I will find something to do.

Happy WI to you all.....

jules1216
08-20-2007, 12:28 PM
Tammy--I am so jealous!! I love Williamsburg!!

Sue--YAY!!!! for the inches and the weightloss--sounds like you have loads more energy too!!

jane--running water would make me smile!!

Back to work!!

FrouFrou
08-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Happy Monday, Ladies :)

SUE...:woohoo: :bravo: WTG on the pounds and inches gone! Ham, beans and cornbread eh? That sounds sooooo good, can't remember the last time I had any of that. About the only time I fix a pot of beans is when I cook pinto beans for a pot of chili. 160 miles, wow, that is impressive, good for you! :cp: Keep on bikin' missy! I need to tally up my miles and subtract them from my walking to iraq goal. I had stopped for a while but back on the wagon again.

TAMMY...have a fun trip shopping and visiting DS! And WTG on the .2 pounds...every little bit adds up so good for you! :bravo:

JANE...:woohoo: for having water! It's the simple things in life that make me happiest too! And it makes you realize how much we take for granted.

SASSY...hugs to you missy, you be careful. That would scare me as well. :hug:

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Nothing much going on with me today. Going to finish Josh's room for his homecoming soon. We kind of left his room for last since he wasn't home. Actually, we haven't painted much after we did the LR, DR & Kitchen but his room is first now. So...doing a porcelain, sort of blue, with black...I love the look and at one time he had wanted a black room so this is close enough. Ordered his bedding...black comforter, shams and tab top curtains, and then the blue bedskirt, throw pillow and sheet set. The room is blue...I think it will look really nice and he will like it. :crossed: We'll try and get the hallway done/painted too. Anywho...going to do my 2 mile WATP and a walk on the treadmill once I get off here. Weird not getting up at 6 and walking and then going to the pool, lol.

Have a GREAT day ladies!

FrouFrou
08-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Hello Jules...you snuck in there while I was typing away, in between talking to DD, lol. How's our little Ms Teri doing, and the baby? Try not to work too hard missy! :hug:

Marti
08-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Morning Ladies....

Another quicky this morning since I need to get ready for work. Yep....vacation is officially over until November. (asked for another week during Thanksgiving)

WI was today and I stayed the same. Pretty good in my book since I haven't walked all week. I did hike and all that, but not every day like I do my walking. I took a break from that saying "it's vacation....I'm on vacation from walking too" how stupid is that? :lol:

Anyway....I need to get going. I'll pop back in later tonight.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Jane
08-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Hi ladies,

Tammy - hope you're having a good time visiting with your son, and all that fun shopping.

Cristina - how much longer until Josh gets to come home? I know the date has been changed a few times, but wondered if they've settled on one?

Marti - yay for at least not gaining.

Sue - you could've ridden down to see me with all those miles you've racked up!

Jules - good to see you, sweetie. :hug:

Hello to everyone else reading this.

I've been holding my own with the weight loss. This summer makes exactly 40 years since I've been trying to control my weight, with very few years that I was actually at my goal weight. How sad is that?

On a cheerier note, I've been doing paperwork for some upcoming trips. First to North Carolina, then to Kentucky Lake in September. After that, in early Nov. is Chicago. Next spring is Florida. Lots to keep straight.

Hope you're having a great Monday, or is that an oxymoron?

suetalks
08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks all....I must admit I am feeling really good about the bike riding and nice to come here and tell you all about it. Kind of feels like a pat on the back, which we all need, ya know?
That said...I only rode 2 miles today due to it raining soon after my morning ride and ALL day. I did some other exercises, but not much. For some reason my joints are all sore today...rain I guess.
After all the work this a.m. I was plenty lazy. I read most of the afternoon while it rained outside. Just fixed breakfast for dinner tonight. Haven't done that for a long, long time.

And yes, the ham and beans were good, but I do not eat cornbread. DH says I make it good, but I couldn't tell.

tommysgirl18
08-21-2007, 02:23 AM
hello ladies.....just a quick one from me today!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I had a blast! I love my scale! Saturday we went to our friends' wedding shower, and then picked up the kids and headed out to my sister's house for her wedding reception/open house/our niece's birthday. We were planning on sleeping in a tent there, but right after we got their it started to rain and so my sister said that she would feel really bad if the babies (Brandon, Logan and Marissa) were to get pneumonia. So, we ended up inside that night. It was a lot of fun!

Sunday we went to Target and Meijers because I told Tommy that I want a scale, a recipe box with plenty of cards and a subscription to Every day with Rachael Ray. Well, Tommy bought the scale for me from him and the kids. And my MIL gave me $25 for my birthday. So, we went looking for a recipe book. I ended up just getting some index cards, and one of those coupon holder type things. Tommy asked a person at Wal-Mart if they had them anymore, and that person told him that they just use index cards and file boxes. So, now I can go to town about getting recipes.

We also found out that a cousin of Tommy's, their son was diagnosed with Leukemia. So, we have been watching his CarePage through the hospital to see how he is doing.

And for some other news......Tommy got a new job!!! This job is a lot closer to home, and he is much happier at it! His first day was yesterday and he came home in a better mode. His new hours are 7am to 3:30pm. With over time, he would work from 6am to 4:30pm.

I wasn't feeling all that great on Monday, other wise I would have been on here. I couldn't keep anything down. We think it was probably the Taco Bell that we had for dinner, that it didn't agree with me. So, I will be staying away from that. I am still not feeling the greatest, but I have more energy now, then I did on Monday. I will be on here probably on Tuesday afternoon. I have a lady coming from the local health department to start a six week "healthier approach on life" type in house class. I go through all the classes and end up getting a cook book out of it all. So, I am hoping that the kids will behave while she is here!

Sassy~ Man that is a scary situation! I would have been scared as well!

Marti
08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Good Morning Ladies!!

Jane--I just can't begin to imagine having 3 8yr olds staying together! But it had to be a lot of fun. Your future trips sounds like lots of fun, wish I could do the same and tell ya all that I'm heading to a bunch of marvelous places! Someday, when I win the lottery! (but I suppose I need to play it first......) As for weight loss....I've been up and down for who knows how long. The closest I've ever got to being near goal was when I got down to 130........I felt great then!! Why did I go back to my old horrible habits?? All I can do is keep trying.

Tammy--I would love to go to a candle factory! I just love candles. My sister at one time sold candles. I can't remember what the name of the "company" was...but she'd have candle parties. I got some good deal through her. Wish she still sold them!

Sue--What an inspiration you are!! 160 miles tracked so far is fantastic! You must be melting the pound away.....even if you are losing slowly. I think measurement changes are more motivating than scale changes. Because the times my WI stay the same ......my measurements will go down. Keeps a smile on my face. I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!!

Jules--:running: <-----there goes Jules! Come back when you have more time! :hug:

Cristina--The room your finishing up for Josh sound great! I would love to see the finish product when you're all finished. Now what exactly is porcelain blue? Black and Blue sound great together. Will you share a photo when you're done?

Mindee--Glad you had a good birthday. And congrats to Tommy for a new job he likes. What fun to have someone come over and teach you to cook healthy! That's great. My hubby is the cook in our house. He's one that doesn't use measuring cups or spoons. Goes by taste. I don't trust myself to do such a thing.

Sassy--What a scary thing to happen. I'm always double checking my doors through out the day when I'm alone. And another thing I do that my hubby looks at me as though I lost my mind.....I make sure the closet doors are closed before I go to sleep. I don't know why, but I have to have them shut! Not even a crack open. (they're sliding doors) The things we do to keep ourselves feeling safe!

Hello to all the other MIA ladies. :wave:

Well I need to shower and eat breakfast and get ready for work. So you all have a great Tuesday!!

FrouFrou
08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...North Carolina is BEAUTIFUL! My brother lived there for a while and we visited on our way to Virginia when Jason went to college there. Are you guys going to visit family? Josh will be coming home in October, first or second week...who knows. They will give them a date but change it so...we'll see. I can't wait and neither can he. I thought I was going to get to go to Hawaii to welcome him home there but he is coming home, this home, lol.

MARTI...porcelain blue is just a shade of blue. Doesn't really look like porcelain blue to me. That's the color of the bedding but the walls are Novella blue...I like it. I will post some pictures once I get it together. Been trying to get other pictures on shutterfly to share but it is a slow process with dial up, lol. Then I get busy with other things and forget. And hey, you've not lost your mind...I too have to have closet doors shut, lol.

SUE...I've not breakfast for dinner in a while either and it sounds good. That will be one of the meals I will cook for Josh when he comes home. Of course he mentioned a road trip with his buddies so he just may be here for a couple of days. :( That's kind of funny you don't eat your cornbread...do you just not like it? I like it but don't fix it often...maybe once in a while with chili, actually cornbread muffins. You must have gotten the rain we had Sunday...supposed to be getting more.

MINDEE...glad you had a nice birthday and got your scales! And wow, someone to come and teach you to cook healthy meals, that is GREAT! Sorry to hear about Tommy's cousins son. Hoping they have some breakthrus with it today. First DH's nephew had it for 5 years...poor little guy. Keeping him in my prayers. :hug:

Busy day so far...went for my 3 mile walk thru the neighborhood this morning. Came home did my 2 mile WATP video, went to the pool, then came home and mowed the front yard...what a work out! I think I over did it. But it is supposed to rain Thursday and I can't mow both the front and back the same day...too much for me. So tomorrow is the back yard and 3 mile walk. Doing good with the food and water as well. Getting some laundry done while I am on the 'puter. I've got to take the rest of the pictures off the wall in the living room & hallway so V can paint today after work. Didn't realize once he painted Josh's room he was going to start with everything else, so I am a happy camper. :) Anywho...

Hi to everyone else :wave: Hope everyone is having a great day!

jules1216
08-21-2007, 08:05 PM
Just lost a long post to individuals.....I am too tired to retype tonight--going to bed!!

suetalks
08-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Cristina...Tonight I made them fish which I also do not eat. I just don't like it or cornbread. I try to cook what DH and Mom like even if I don't sometimes. :) DH doesn't like spaghetti which Mom and I could eat every day...so he doesn't complain if we have it every few weeks. Now, if we had it every day he would probably get crabby. :mad:

Marti- Why thank you Miss Marti. I appreciate your comments. I wish I could like the food part of dieting as much as I am starting to like the biking. There has to be some sort of magic something to get that eating part down pat. I just haven't found it yet. LOL

Jane- I really could have been at your house, huh? But, Nooooo, I just keep going round and round here. Wish I was planning just one vacation..and look at all you are planning. Actually, SIL called today to ask if we might want to go to MS in Sept. or Oct. DH said lets wait and see when it gets cooler. And I said let's wait and see how Mom is doing.

Jules- That is so frustrating. All that typing. Yes, I do have more energy since I am riding and exercising. I just feel better all around.

Mindee- Yay for a new job for Tommy. Didn't know he was looking but that is great. Are you still looking for a new apartment?

Tammy- Hope you are having a wonderful time. I want to go to Williamsburg. Sounds like fun. Have a safe return.

It was hot and humid again today and going to be worse tomorrow. I rode 4 miles and almost melted. Came in and did a 1 mile WATP. I might be doing more inside exercising the next few days. Wish I had a stationary bike...guess I will use the mini stepper.
I got a new lingerie chest for the walk-in, so I did re-arranging today. Surprising how much extra storage we were able to do in the closet with some shelves and drawers.
Nothing planned for tomorrow. Normal houseworking type things.

Have a happy hump day ladies.

tommysgirl18
08-22-2007, 02:52 AM
hello ladies....how is every one doing? I wasn't feeling good on Monday, I couldn't keep anything down or in! So, I ended up losing almost 10 pounds between Sunday and Monday night. But alas, a couple pounds crept back on. BUT, I have just decided to take it all 5 pounds at a time from here on out. That way I won't be completely heart broken if I don't lose that much!

As for Tommy's job, he was looking but he wasn't very active in pursuing it. He knew it was time to find a new job, when he was bringing his attitude/stress from work home with him to me and the kids. So, once that started to happen, he knew it was time to put out his resumes! We are still looking for a new apartment, and I am thinking that we might be right up the alley for one of the contenders that we looked at before we moved into where we are at now!

We will have to take another look at them, and see how things would go with all the stuff that needs to happen before we can start packing. All in all, it should be a crazy time between now and then!

Sorry for no personals, I am trying to get things caught up on here and in bed. I am feeling better now, BUT Brandon woke up from his short little afternoon nap with his Croup cough. So, it has been an interesting week so far! Oh, and for the lady coming out. The first meeting went great! We just did paper work this time, and talked about some things. My next appointment/class is next Wednesday at 10:30am, where I will make Sheppard's Pie! I have never made it before, nor have I tried it....so it should be very interesting!

FrouFrou
08-22-2007, 09:08 AM
A very Good Morning, ladies!

You know, I hate getting up so early in the morning but once I am up and got my walk in it feels so goood! I feel like I have accomplished something. And it's a good way to start the day.

Got my 3 miles in this morning...I get up at 5:30 and am out the door between 5:45-6...it's so nice and quiet that time of morning and no one is out. And it's a lot cooler too! Going to mow the back yard later. It's a little early right now and the grass is still wet from the sprinklers so...that's a good 50-60 minute work out there so doing pretty good with the exercise.

SUE...I'll do that sometimes as well. But for the most part I try to fix something everyone likes. Although, I do get in my moods where I think about myself and fix what I want, lol. WTG on the biking! You ARE doing a great job with it for sure!

MINDEE...I think I forgot to say WTG on Tommy's new job! Meant to ask you if you had received teh card I sent you. For some reason I keep thinking I put the wrong address on it. Let me know and if you would pm me your address to make sure. WTG on the 10 pounds! EGADS woman...send some of those weight loss vibes my way! You are doing great! And glad you are feeling better from the taco bell episode, if that was it.

JULES...sorry you lost your post...I hate when that happens and I know we all have had our fair share of losing posts, very frustrating. Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Hello to everyone else :wave:

Thought I would get on the computer since I have time this morning. Heading to get gas and to the library at 9 (doesn't open until 9:30) so I have nothing to do. Actually I do...soon as I do this I have to go make reservations for our little wedding weekend getaway in Missouri in Sept. V's nephew is getting married. Should be nice...I feel for his niece though, the nephews sis...she was supposed to be married in June and her fiance broke it off and kicked her out...gotta be hard seeing your brother get married when you were supposed to as well. Shes had a rough time with guys, poor thing. Anywho...

Take care ladies, and have a wonderful day!

Jane
08-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Hi ladies,

Marti - yep, it was fun with the 8 y/os. They have talked me into letting them come back in October, lol.

Mindee - what size recipe cards do you have? I could find you a recipe box around here if I knew what size you need.

Cristina - yay about Josh! He'll be home before you know it. :cp: Your wedding trip sounds like lots of fun. What part of MO will you be going to?

Sue - for my walk-in, I use sweater organizers that hook over the rod, for all sorts of things. Also in the coat closet, I keep gloves and scarves in one, too. I like all those compartments. Yep, you could have made it here, and we could be on the porch drinking lemonade by now, lol.

Jules - sorry for the lost post.

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

Mary and the girls have been here for 6 days now. The a/c is supposed to be fixed today, but I'm not holding my breath. Things are going well, and we haven't had any incidents at all, but I have to admit I'll be glad to get back to normal.

Today I'm going to be working on cleaning our bedroom, the laundry, next week's menus and grocery list for tomorrow.

Hope you're having a good day. :hug:

Marti
08-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Morning Ladies....

I'm doing a quicky this morning as I've spent too much online as it is checking emails and browsing. Really should think about getting ready for work!!

We're already half way through the week!! :carrot:

What a long week it's been. And I'm proud to say...that I managed to get all caught up at work. Took some effort but I did it.

Ok...of I go!

tommysgirl18
08-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Hello ladies...I will be making this one short and sweet, I have an eye doctor's appointment today at 6pm.

Cristina~ I did receive the card. Thanks!! I put a pound of those that I had lost, but I am going to be getting it off in no time! I will send you my address in a second.

Jane~ I got 3x5 cards to use as recipe cards. Thanks for the card as well! It was really cute!

Marti~ that is great that you were able to get all caught up at work! I have managed to stay ahead with things around here.....except for my email! I have just been dreading it since I am behind on it from not being online on Monday.

PinkSands
08-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Good Evening Ladies:wave:

Well my comp is officially dead, I've been rebuilding it for 6 years and enough is enough, I am going to get myself a new one, a laptop but I am going to wait till after vacation...I'm on my son's right now so at least I can still check in from time to time...I hope everyone is doing well, I'm having the week from **** LOL, first the treadmill decided to give me more trouble, I took it apart and it is going but for who knows how long LOL then my comp decided it was time to die, which is ok I am ready for a new one, I hate replacing something that still works but I've put enough time and money into it already, so it will be replaced this time, then yesterday when I was coming home from taking the boy to work the muffler on my car decided it was time to fall off, so off to Midas I went for a $262.00 new one LOL, this is the third time in 3 years I have had to replace the silly thing, needless to say the man at Midas got an earful of my displeasure LOL...I'm glad I have a small car the muffler is the size of a can of coffee I hate to think what a bigger one costs...anyway I have been exercizing and trying to keep cool and warm at the same time, for some reason now I freeze when the AC is on...Hubby says my thermal layer is gone LOL...I got some smaller shorts and a couple more pairs of capris and sneakers for vacation, I have bought more clothes in the past month then I have in the past 27 yrs LOL...well I need to get off here, but I will be back, Have a Good Evening All.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is in 18 days!

tommysgirl18
08-23-2007, 01:21 AM
PinkJane~ Sounds like you are getting ready for your trip!!! Sorry to hear about all that has been happening with you! I hope it is nothing but smooth sailing from here on out!

suetalks
08-23-2007, 02:27 PM
Afternoon ladies...Just a quick pop in. I got in 5 miles biking yesterday and have done none today yet. Had too much to do...
It is hot hot hot and humid, so I don't know what exercise I will do this evening.
Hope you are all okay....Pink Jane "hi" good to see you.

BBL

FrouFrou
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...keeping my fingers crossed that Mary's air gets fixed today. :crossed: Can't imagine being without air...I think I would die, lol. We are going to Springfield, MO, should be a nice weekend getaway.

MINDEE...I didn't need a thank you but I was curious as to if you received the card, lol. I know at one time I think I had a wrong address and was wondering. :dizzy: And thanks for the address again, that is the one I have, lol.

PINKJANE...was wondering where you were off too. Thought you might have left for WDW early, lol. ;) Getting closer to your vacation and...I just noticed your ticker and you made your goal. WOOHOO! :woohoo: :carrot::bravo::cp::cb::dance::hat::dancer::cheer2 ::congrat:

MARTI...good for catching up at work! :carrot:

Didn't get my walk in early this morning and so I overslept. I always feel bad when I sleep in but at the time...it feels soooo good! Of course I got a late start bit still managed to do a little over a mile on the treadmill and my 2 mile WATP...better than nothing. Also, went and bought groceries and swept the garage. It's been a little windy and as soon as that thing is opened dirt and grass blow in. Now just spending some time on the computer and doing some laundry.

V had to repaint the hall and walls in the living room, lol. The color he painted the first time was too yellow even though it was a beige color, Honeysuckle beige I think it was called. I liked it but it was a little bright and not the right shade to compliment the green and red in there. So I went to Lowes yesterday and found a gold color, woodlawn something gold...it is PERFECT! I could not imagine my house without color. Josh's bedding was shipped today so should get that in the next couple of days. I think next to be painted is the main bath. Had originally decided on a light blue but I have been informed that no one likes my lighthouses and boats in the bathroom, lol. I saw a really pretty pink, yes, I said pink, lol. Might go in a totally different direction with the color on it...we'll see. Or maybe a bright green. Just afraid there is too much green already. Anyway, decisions, decisions.

HI to everyone else :wave:

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a great Thursday!

tommysgirl18
08-23-2007, 05:24 PM
hello ladies....how are you all doing today?

Nothing new on this end......just trying to stay cool since it is hot hot hot outside! That and keeping the bees out! Tommy is allergic to them, and we don't know if the kids are or not, and I am not about to find out now! I pulled out six dead ones out of the boys' room alone! Logan is so fearless that he was swatting at them yesterday when I had five of them flying around our screen door!

Sue~ That is great about getting your bike ride in yesterday. I have been using some of the exercise videos off of Comcast. The one that I did the other day is called Booty Beat and boy did it work the booty!

Cristina~ You will have to post some pictures once all the painting gets done!

Jane
08-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - YAY for being caught up at work. Gotta be a good feeling. :cp:

Mindee - I'll see what kind of recipe boxes that size are available around here. Btw, you already thanked me for the bd card, but yw again, anyway. :hug:

PJ - YAY for you reachng goal!!! :carrot: I think that's a 1st for any Jaded Lady, lol. I lost 85 pounds 3 years ago, but still didn't make goal! Hope you get a new computer soon. Seems like you get more for the money now, compared to a few years ago.

Sue - stay cool, friend. This heat and humidity is just awful. We've been setting records around here.

Cristina - well, if memory serves me right, this isn't the first time V had to repaint a room, lol. You and I are lucky that we have DHs who will do that. The new color sounds just beautiful! Hey, I think the lighthouses and boats sounds neat! I almost put them in Neal's den, but ended up finding a camping/fishing border that I knew he'd like. Thanks for asking about Mary. Her air finally got fixed yesterday, so things are back to normal now, thank goodness!

Hey, you guys remember the emerald and diamond bracelet and earrings I got from Neal when I lost exactly 75 pounds? Well, I found a necklace that goes real well with it today, at Penney's. It's a dragonfly, and I just love it! I haven't mentioned to Neal that I bought it yet, lol. I'm just lucky he didn't ask for the jewelry back when I gain a bunch back, lol. JK - he would never do that.

You know, in this heat, it isn't hard to get enough water, but I've been doing only so-so with the food and exercise. I'm going to post pictures one of these days, then maybe I'll be so ashamed that it will spur me on!

You guys take care!

tommysgirl18
08-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Jane~ That sounds like a very pretty necklace!!! I haven't really set any big rewards for anything yet....I just want to take it baby steps at first and see how things go.

suetalks
08-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Good evening ladies....Another quick pop in. I didn't ride today. Now I wish I had pushed myself....ugh. When I went out to ride this evening it was so humid I could hardly get a deep breath...I just went back in the a/c. Spoiled, I know.
I am having "issues" with the old bike and DH can't repair it. I don't know how much longer it will hold up, but I am getting a new one for my BD. Fingers crossed that the old one lasts till Oct. It is sure making lots of noises when I peddle. LOL
Lots of busyness today with Mom and her illness..hoping things look up for her soon, but it looks like surgery is up-coming.

Hi to everyone and I will try to catch up with indies tomorrow.

tommysgirl18
08-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Sue~ I know what you mean about the humidity! I opened the door to show Tommy how much it was down pouring outside, and it still had a high humidity outside!

Jane
08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Hi ladies,

Mindee and Sue - we're supposed to have a cooler weekend here in southern IN, and hopefully this will affect both of your areas, too. I don't know how much of this awful weather I can stand, and have been wistfully longing for Fall, with the crisp days, beautiful colors of the leaves, and belly-rubbin' nights.

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

I'm so far behind, it's pathetic. I have been so lazy and so I'm going to turn on some booty-shakin' music and get myself in gear. We got a new music director at our church, and she's moving down from Fort Wayne today, so I volunteered to take a meal to her family tomorrow. On the menu for her is comfort foods: sliced homegrown tomatoes, barbecued ribs, baked beans, fresh corn, country-style biscuits and an angel food cake, with a chocolate glaze. I'm going to get the cake made today, and get as much prepared as possible. Also I will get my cleaning done.

Tomorrow I'll have Jackson :carrot: so I'm not sure when I'll make it back online.

Have a good one, chickies! :hug:

FrouFrou
08-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Hello ladies...:wave:

Woohoo, Josh's bedding came in while I was out shopping, lol. Didn't actually set out to do shopping but to take something back. Well, Penney's is always having a sale I swear. I needed a new bra and ended up getting two, buy one, get the second one for 88 cents, can't beat that. And I needed a purse to go with the dress I am wearing to the wedding. And while I was at it, lol. I found some pajama bottoms, just got one because I mostly wear t-shirts to bed. Also bought the new catalog...can't wait to look at it. Not sure if that is a good idea or not, lol. Had to get out of there before I ended up with more, lol. Now to get Josh's room together. I did open the box and I really love the blue. And...I am LUVIN' the new gold color in the hall and living room! It goes perfect with the other colors!

Instead of walking today I opted to do my 2 mile WATP video twice...that's a hour work out so it is all good. Couldn't go walking this morning because of rain. We needed it so I'm not complaining. And it is supposed to be cooler today and tomorrow which is always good. I thought I would mix things up a little with the exercise anyway so that I don't get bored with it. Water consumption is good as well...not too hard to do when it's this hot and out mowing and walking, ick. Even get very HOT when I do the video...no pain, no gain right?

SUE...sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep her in my prayers. Keeping my fingers crossed that your bike lasts until your BD. :crossed:

JANE...the menu sounds yummy! And the necklace sounds so pretty. I LOVE emeralds! Of course it is my birthstone which is perfect! Yeppers, I have had V change the color a few times, lol. I like the sailboats too! But I am thinking I want something different...different house, different paint ya know.

MINDEE...it's been humid here as well. But the last couple of day sdidn't seem so bad, or it didn't until I started mowing the other day, lol. We are supposed to have cooler temps today and tomorrow, woohoo! Of course the 90's are supposed to return Monday. I can't wait for fall! I will share some pictures soon. V has the one wall to finish in the living room and I will be putting Josh's room together tomorrow.

Hiya everyone else :wave: Hoping to hear from all you MIA'S soon! :D

Take care ladies, and I hope everyone has a GREAT Friday, and weekend!

PinkSands
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies:wave:

Just got done running around town doing my banking and grocery shopping...finally had a break in the rain...Hubby called me while I was in the grocery store and wanted to know if I had broken anything today, LOL I said no but the day ain't over, turkey LOL, he's in Atlanta waiting for a load and hoping he isn't gonna get stuck there all weekend...well I need to get some exercize done Have a Great Day All.

Mindee - Thank You I hope so too LOL

Sue - It's been horribly hot here too, the rain has been a welcome change but really hasn't cooled it off much, I hope your bike holds out till your birthday.

Cristina - I would love to go early LOL I keep telling Hubby I should go now and make sure everything is ok and then they can meet me there LOL he doesn't think that's a good idea at all LOL, Thank You

Jane - Thank You, OMG I am so ready to go!!! LOL, My comp was a build it yourself, started out with 95 then updated to 98 then to ME and I am so used to ME I don't know how well I'll like Vista, the boy has XP on here and I don't like it LOL creature of habit that I am I hate change.

Pink Jane
Your next WDW vacation is in 16 days!

FrouFrou
08-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Hello ladies, again, lol!

Was on here and then ZAP! Had a power hit and lost electricity for about 40 minutes. Glad it was a short one this time...not sure why though. Called the 1-800 number 5 mns. after it happened and they said it would be 1 1/2-3 1/2 hours before we would get it back on. What I would like to know is why we lost it, lol. Anywho...thought I would stop by and say Hi before logging off.

PINKJANE...DS just bought a new laptop...a toshiba with the vista and he loves it! I have no clue what vista is but he couldn't even download AOL on it. He decided to try yahoo instead. So far, so good! Hey, I think DH is wrong and you heading down early sounds good, lol!

Hi to everyone again!

Have a good weekend!

FrouFrou
08-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Pretty quiet around here...

Oh well...just droppin' by to say HI! :wave:

Got my 3 mile walk in this morning and my 2 mile WATP! Feeling good. Now to clean house, ugh!

Have a good weekend!

sz2atheart
08-25-2007, 09:38 AM
I'm back!!

I had a great time in Williamsburg. Bought a few things for the dining room walls. Overate of course lol! DH is going to Germany tonight for a week on business so I have to get him all packed up and taken care of :censored: ;).
He has to be at the airport by 6:30 this evening so when I get back I'll catch up with individuals. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Jane
08-25-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm in a big hurry here, but wanted to tell Mindee before I forget - I ordered a wooden, roll-top recipe box and a recipe card holder in the shape of a tiny rolling pin sent to you. Not sure when you'll get it, but I will assume it will be soon. Hope you like them. :)

I've got Jackson and he's hungry.... again, lol. BBL!

Marti
08-25-2007, 02:33 PM
Hello gals....

Just a quicky here, need to clean up after working in the yard to go pick up Jhanai & her friend.

Weather is perfect, sunshine but not too hot......not yet anyways. Last week we had rain off and on....of course during vacation!

Anyway....gotta get going.

:hug: for you all!

Sassy_Chick
08-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Just a quick Hi! :wave:

sz2atheart
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Good Evening Ladies!!

Jane--Wow, your comfort foods sound delicious. How was your day with Jackson?

Cristina--I'm so happy for you that Josh is coming home soon. His bedroom is going to be so nice. Your painting sounds so pretty. I can't wait to see pics. I agree with JCP having a sale everyday. I love that place.

PJ--Your rain is heading my way as I type! WDW is almost here!:carrot:

Sue--Sorry to here you are having bike problems. What will the bikerchick do without her bike? :tantrum:

Mindee--Congrats on Tommy's new job!

Big hugs :grouphug: to Marti, Sassy, and everyone else that I missed. I just dropped my DH off at the airport. We only live about 10 min. from BWI but a huge storm is heading our way. I hope he doesn't get delayed. It's about 7:45 now and he leaves in about an hour. He won't get to Germany till about 1 p.m. tomorrow my time. He'll return home this coming Fri eve. I'll pick him up on my way home from work. It will be a quiet week for me. My DD goes back to college Monday (she commutes and stays at home except for the few nights that she stays with her ex-fiance, don't get me started!) I plan to eat all WW or Lean Cuisine meals for lunch and dinner. Stick with fruits, salads, WW yogurt and 100 cal snacks inbetween and see if it jumps starts some weight loss. Without having to cook all week, it should be easy, boring...but easy.

I had a great time in Williamsburg visiting my son. We mostly shopped and ate out in the evenings. I've done all the historic Williamsburg stuff several times and have visiting Busch Gardens and Water Country before so I just wanted to spend time with my son and relax.

Well the storm is almost here and my poor little Oliver hates storms and is begging me to get off here and hold him till it passes. Cody is just lying on the floor, oblivious to the lighting and thunder. Talk a little later!

tommysgirl18
08-26-2007, 03:19 AM
hello ladies.....how is every one doing? We ended up going to the mall on Saturday to walk around since it was raining here. we got over by the mall, and it was sunny but we still went in and walked around. we went with intentions of getting Marissa's ears pierced, but I ended up getting the cartilage at the top of both of my ears pierced instead! Brandon went potty on the potty while we were there!!!!! We bought him some pull-ups with the cool alert on them. So, we told him that once he feels the little bit of coolness, then it means that he has to go potty and to tell daddy or mommy so we can take him to the potty. He still needs to put his two stickers on his chart.

Jane~ We got blasted with a down pour of rain on Friday night, and since then it has been cooler here! And the humidity hasn't been as bad either, which is nice. I am just hoping that it stays like that so we can get some more walking in after dinner! That menu sounds great! Thank you so much for the recipe card holder....I will have to keep an eye out for it!

Cristina~ That is a great deal for bras!! Which reminds me....not to self, buy some new bras! It has been a long time since I have been in Penny's! Are the catalogs still $5 or did they go up? Is that the regular catalog or the Christmas one?

PJ~ Are you getting excited about WDW? I can't wait to be able to take the kids on a vacation longer then a weekend! It is nice to get away but sometimes, we just need those extra couple of days, kwim?

Tammy~ Sounds like you had a blast in Williamsburg! Thanks for the congrats on his new job! He loves it....and I love that he doesn't come home with an attitude anymore! You reminded me that when we go get some more groceries that I want to get some of those WW or Lean Cuisine meals. I love the Lean Cuisine paninis.

Marti~ How are you doing? How was/is your vacation?

Sassy~ How are you doing as well?

Jane
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Hi ladies,

Cristina - glad you got Josh's bedding. He'll just be so glad to be back, and the nice room will be icing on the cake. I got some things at Penney's, too, besides the necklace. They had camp shirts and tees on sale, plus I found a pair of jeans that fit nicely. You're doing so well with the exercise, btw.

PJ - so have you made a decision about which computer you'll get, yet? It's so confusing!

Tammy - I spent some time in Kaiserslautern, Germany back in '72. The countryside was so beautiful, but it was a bad time of my life. Glad you had a good visit with your son. I haven't seen my son enough this summer, since he's been so busy. When I talked to him today, I asked him to come play some 500 Rummy with me when he gets a chance. Wow, you're going to have a quiet week. Good for you, planning ahead to eat lite.

Marti - did Jhanai and her friend come home with you, or were you dropping them some where? Regardless, I hope you had a good time with them both.

Mindee - yay for the pull ups. How's that going so far? Would you do me a favor? When the package comes, it will have the packing slip, and my info on it, so would you send that to me, please?

Sassy - a quick hi back attcha!

Hello to everyone else reading this.

I had a great day! There was a carry-in picnic at our church, with a talent show, and it was a lot of fun. I took individual cups of fruit salad, and they were gone fast. Lots of people are trying to eat heathily, I guess. Later, Katie and Clint came by to visit which is always nice. She had me cut her some bangs, so I did. I'm not much of a stylist with hair, but I did ok with those, lol.

Have any of you heard the locusts that are so noisy? Also, the crickets have started in, too! Sounds like an opera outside, lol.

I'm getting ready to watch some TV with the Mr., so I better vamoose. :wave:

Jane
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
Mindee - I just checked my email, and got one from the company from where I ordered your gifts. The roll-top recipe box is back-ordered until 09/08, but the rolling pin card holder is in stock. Not sure if they'll go ahead and ship that, or not. Maybe they will go ahead and send the one thing, but I'm not sure. :shrug:

Marti
08-27-2007, 01:04 AM
Hello girls....

I hope you all had a good weekend. Wish it was me who won the lottery......can you even imagine??

Had a good weekend w/Jhanai. She's been w/her friend doing other things most of the summer so I was thrilled that she finally came over to see her mom. She and her friend spent the night and then her friend had soccer practice and Jhanai & I went shopping. It was good to spend time w/her. She's growing up so darn fast. She's as beautiful as ever!!
I was hoping that she'd come over next weekend but she's got plans to go to Portland and then up to Washington w/her dad and his girlfriend and Jhanai's best friend. Sounds likes fun so I wasn't too heartbroken (ok...maybe a little)

Tomorrow I'm kicking it into gear w/the exercise. I can't do this walking only "hear and there" I NEED to do it everyday for 30mins or more. I succeed and see results when I do so time to get serious. The weather is getting cooler (didn't have much of a "hot" summer this year) and so walking won't be so bad.

Sorry for no individuals.......but I'm tuckered and I'm ready for bed.

Night all!

tommysgirl18
08-27-2007, 02:04 AM
hello ladies....well we are in for some changes this week, starting on Monday! We are taking Logan out of his "baby" crib and putting him into his big boy car bed. And we are putting Marissa into her big girl crib! Logan has been climbing out of his crib, so it only makes sense to put him into a toddler bed. My mom said "watch, when you set up his toddler bed, I bet that you will find him and Brandon sleeping next to each other." (they did that at her house when she watched them while Marissa was in the hospital) And Marissa is just growing so quickly that she is pushing the limits on the bassinet, so it is about time that we do this!

The pull ups.....well he has been in them since Friday night. He refuses to put a diaper on, and he sometimes refuses me to even change his pull up! So, I am hoping that this is the start of a new trend. He hasn't gone potty on the potty since then, but hey, a step is a step, right?

Jane~ I sure will send you the slip back when the package arrives. We have a couple of crickets that like to sit right outside our bedroom window!

Marti~ Sounds like you and Jhanai had a great weekend! I hear ya on the kicking it into high gear! I got a "below the belt" exercise dvd Friday night for just a dollar. I haven't checked it out yet, but I am planning on checking it out on monday. I also want to get back into walking after dinner. And like you mentioned, it is going to be getting cooler, so I won't have any problems doing it. And usually when we do go for a walk after dinner, it is usually about an hour, so we need to get back into that habit!

suetalks
08-27-2007, 10:53 AM
Happy Monday morning to you all. We have finally had a few cooler days and it feels heavenly. Love having the windows open. Except this morning...they are chipping up a tree that fell across the street from us and it is noisy.

I did WI this morning and was surprised to be down a pound. I had a rather rough week as far as eating and exercise, so was thinking I would stay the same. I only rode 21 miles last week and did WATP maybe twice. Then I baked cookies Sat. and fried chicken Sun. I ate 1/2 of a fried breast, and have had a few cookies....oh well. Back on the horse!!

Yesterday I walked a mile and rode a mile, trying to get my aches and pains back to bearable. Today I rode 2 miles and it was hard on me, but getting better. My joints have all ached for several days and especially my hips and one knee. Makes it hard to do alot. And I really need that new bicycle soon.

Sat. we went to Lowe's and bought some lawn furniture. We got 4 padded chairs that we can add a table to when we get the pergola built. They are so nice and were 50% off. The other two chairs are for out under the maple tree and are loungers. DH spent much of yesterday out there relaxing. :) We can finally have family over and they will have seating outdoors. Yay. We have rockers on the front porch and a swing on the back, but everyone wants to sit out under the trees.

Glad to see everyone...but I won't do indies until tonight.

Jane
08-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Hi ladies,

Marti - I'm glad you got to spend some time with Jhanai. My Mary was the one who had a friend with her at all times, lol. She would even try to take one to family reunions, etc, lol. Did you get something fun while shopping?

Mindee - Jackson is rolling all over the place, and can't be trusted to hold still for even a second, lol. Having crickets outside the bedroom window is better than having them on the inside, lol. I found a big fat one in my living room the other day, and scared it more than it scared me when I screamed.

Sue - yay for the bargain on the lawn furniture, and for the 1 more pound gone. I've been trying to stay away from the trees since the ticks are so bad this year. Are you having many of them?

Cristina - I got a new card, including little ones that can be hooked to my keyring, for the Hallmark House. Mine are the Silver Level ones, and I'm wondering if you got a different kind since you buy so much from them? Anyway, I'm glad to have the little ones, since that's so handy, aren't you?

Hello to the others.

I need to go to Walgreens or CVS today and get some photos developed. The machine at Walmart has been broken for about a week, which seriously cramps my style, lol. How's a girl supposed to do scrapbooking w/o photos, right, lol?

BBL,

jules1216
08-27-2007, 04:36 PM
Hi all, allergies starting here, busy at work--ot for which I can't get paid since they changed me to salary. Teri is doing great, the belly is making an appearance...had to take Jerry to the doctors today--they pulled a piece of metal out of his eye--had to use a drill--I had to close my eyes and couldn't watch!!

I am going to make us something to eat and hope to be back.

Jane
08-27-2007, 06:08 PM
Yikes, Jules, Neal had a nail in his eye about a month ago - what's with these guys and the metal in their eyes?? Hope all is well with him. Btw, my allergies are driving me CRAZY! (Neal says it was a short trip, lol.)

I got a lot of errands taken care of today, including taking my bracelets to the jewelers to have a clasp put on them that I can manage by myself. Also got my photos - woohoo!

Later,

Jane
08-27-2007, 06:10 PM
See you at #265. :wave: