Old 08-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

Unhappy Newbit and HUNGRY!!

Hello all. I joined WW online a few days ago, I started my plan yesterday, and cooked up some things from the site. I was so hungry....after every meal. I had about 100oz of water to try and curb the appetite...and it didnt work..i started feeling shaky and sleepy....I ended up going way over my point limit and feel super guilty. Ive read threads about people who have way less points allowed daily and they have to force themselves to eat...and here I am in misery!! Anyone have any suggestions? Is this normal? Anyone go through this too? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:30 PM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hiya -

I'm not on WW currently, but I'm a WW pro hehe. I've lost about 40lbs on WW a few times... and I count calories now which is nearly the same thing.

The first week or two of cutting back on food is always an adjustement. I think people would be able to give you better suggestions if you gave us an idea of what you've been eating...

The typical suggestions are to make sure your not filling up on empty calories too much (100calorie packs) and to pick more foods with larger volume to calories... mostly fruit, veggies. You can try upping the things with fiber in them and make sure you have enough protein and healthy fats... those will help you also feel full longer.

Use the AP and Flex points if you need them. AP makes staying on track a lot easier. WW sorta doesn't care if you use them or not. I always felt guilty using them, but I think that was one of my downfalls. If you exercise more, then you should be able to eat more. I think APs = about half the calories an exercise burns so you should still be getting a defict from exercising. See how your body reacts.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 01:22 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 251/248/130

Height: 5'2''

Well, lets see...the past two days Ive been eating cherrios w/ skim milk, a peach, and 2 egg whites. Im not "full" but ok for the next hour....then I get hungry and likewise, fill up on a 100 cal snack. The next hour im eating a salad with fat free dressing. And for lunch...I actually used the "Cheesy Chicken Shells" recipe on the WW site. I was full for a bit...then had the 100 cal popcorn, and...for dinner....I grilled a chicken breast and some mushrooms with steamed cauliflower.

Being cooking impaired, I hadnt thought about other veggies, until now *duh*. Ive been eating (and gagging) an iceberg salad. Tonight I finally got some mushrooms and cauliflower, and im actually pretty good....and for 0 points! Maybe it wasnt enough veggies? I suppose we'll see how it goes tomorrow. And you're absolutely right about the 100 cal packs...they're empty calories....yummy....but not filling...i find myself wanting another one....and its so easy to just grab one...

Prior to a few days ago...I was a calorie counter....I crossed over, and hopefully will make some progression. *crosses fingers*

Thanks!!!!
huniebunie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

I myself, dont enjoy iceberg at all. Try maybe some Romaine, spinach and other dark leafy greens in your salads with cucumber and shredded carrots. I also use cottage cheese as a fatty dressing substitute.

Hopefully after getting used to this lifestyle, you too will start to feel more full! If you were eating larger portions before, your stomach may have stretched a bit, and therefore it seems only natural that while your body adjusts to the new food intake, you feel a bit hungry.
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote