Old 08-17-2007, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 228/162.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Default DIET PEPSI.. and a rant

Hey was just wondering if anyone drinks diet pepsi? and if so how much do you have?, I am wondering cause on the new plan which I am on plan 3 now states the diet pop is unlimited... I have been finding this week that I am extra tired and been needing a diet pepsi to drink to wake me up, since I am not a coffee drinker thats what I grab, I know when I was on the purple plan it was only allowed to have 3 bottles per week.
I am also still struggling losing the same couple of pounds and putting the same couple of pounds back on for the last month I can get the scale to move past 165n for the life of me, it is becoming very frustrating.
I go into my COD today to be weighed and since tuesday I am down .4 tuesday I was up 1.2.. the lady proceeds to tell me, not the one I usually go to that I need to add more fiber rich foods in my plan only pick from those I explain lady thats not my problem, I do have IBS but since I started the diet I am like clockwork she still tells me to eat those, I am so frustrated and just want to get to goal, it is so near ...I hardly in the last 10 months ventured off of plan at all I usually stick to it... never having a cheat... but this is becoming so frustrating I don't know what to do???? help.....

Stacie
angelbretsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #2  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

I drink an embarrassing amount of diet pepsi, also fresca. I'd say easily 3 cans a day, often more. It's pretty much my last remaining vice / addiction.

My soda habit hasn't prevented me from losing weight or, more importantly to me, body fat. However, it's impossible to know whether I would have lost more weight/fat under the counterfactual of eating and exercising exactly the same way, but without the DP. I do know, though, that some of the DPs would have been replaced with 20-30 calorie coffees, which I can't stand black.

Maybe some day I'll give up caffeine and sodas, but it's not high on my priority list at the moment.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:15 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

My first great weight loss was from 8th grade through senior year in high school, when my doctor gave me diet pills. I started at 225 and got down to 155, 5 lbs away from goal when my doctor lowered my "goal" to 140. It had taken me MONTHS to get down from 160 - 155, and I was discouraged and depressed and angry and stopped trying to lose weight, stopped going to the doctor, regained it all plus.....yada yada.

My whole rambling point, is it is normal at your weight to lose only itsy bitsy bits at a time. It's just what happens when you don't have a lot left to lose.
Try not to be discouraged, and keep plugging. You're doing fantastic!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:17 AM   #4  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Stacie - I try to limit my diet sodas and use them kinda like a "treat". I do find that if I drink even one can and do not drink extra water that day, I will see a gain the next day. I don't know if it's the caffeine or the sodium in the soda, but I guess something in it causes me to retain fluids.
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM   #5  

Thankd for the advice it just is frustrating when you don't see the lbs coming off as fast as they did at the start, goal is so close I just want to get there. and yes My diet pepsi is like a treat is the only thing I never truly gave up, as I was a big sweet person but now not even bothered by sweets or chocolates which is a amazing thing for myself to accomplish.. was wondering one everyones take on the DP, like Kim said thats my only vice to and I am not ready to give that up just yet,, need to keep one thing to make me stay sane..lol
so maybe what emmysmom said I should drink more water if I have a DP I think I could retain fluid as well...
Old 08-17-2007, 12:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 180/172/142

Height: 5' 5"

There's an article with some recent research on the effect of diet pop on my blog. It's interesting. I haven't had diet pop since I drank a couple during a long drive, then woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare about being embalmed and then could smell the 'coke' chemicals on my skin. Ugh. Victim of an overactive imagination, I know...but the research is interesting.
tj north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 229/213/150

Height: 5'7

Funny you mention this , I used to drink REGULAR Pepsi like a 6pk a day if Ihad to guess.

I started this plan and from day one of the plan I stopped drinking ALL POP. I did not miss it at all to my surprise I had no withdrawl either. It was very odd, any other time I TRIED to quit the pop I felt horrible.

I have had a total of 3 sodas since May 22nd~ 1x at a Anniversary party, another time at a wedding and I had one yesterday cause I could not find anything else around here to drink so I drank like a half a can if that.

I really don't like Pop anymore , I only drink it when its my last source now.
6digmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 PM   #8  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

I do the diet coke not pepsi, but I haven't given it up. I don't drink near what I used to either. Now normally I will have a glass after supper at night but other than that once in awhile a can in the afternoon at work if it is a really bad day and I want a treat. I would rather have that then a brownie or something from the cafeteria. It has never affected me with the weight loss either. But I always make sure if I have the extra can in the afternoon I drink extra water that day. It s a deal I make with myself. One can diet coke for me = 2 extra glasses of water.
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

I drank 1 to 2 cans of Diet Mt. Dew all through my weight loss and still do in Maintenance. I do not see where it affected my losses, but I also drink plenty of water in addition to the soda.
mamato2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:10 PM   #10  
MyBoysNMe2

S/C/G: 168/134.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Just want to tell you I feel your pain. The first 20 pounds flew off of me and the last 10 are ever so slowwwwwwly ticking away.

On the diet soda issue..I drink usually one a day, also a treat. Usually satisfies my mid-day sweet craving. I have't noticed any difference in my weightloss either.

Good luck to you!
myboysnme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 224/189/130

Height: 5'5"

I usually drink a bottle of DP a day. I wondered if it affected my weight loss when I stalled, and gave it up for a month and a half, but it didn’t make a difference so I started drinking it again. I figure I might as well have something that I enjoy!! I am not a coffee drinker, so this gives me my kick in the late afternoon when I need it…
Pastrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #12  

I here you on not being a coffee drinker this also helps me in the afternoon when I need the extra boost, I will add an extra 2 glasses of water for the bottle I just had, thanks for the advice girls I love this board.. now I am so wishing to get past this plateau.. enough is enough
Old 08-17-2007, 07:10 PM   #13  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

I drink more than 3 cans of Diet Pepsi a day. I don't feel that it has hindered my weight loss progress. I cannot get along without it. I have to say that I tried Diet Pepsi Max and it was too much for me. It has twice the amount of caffeine as regular DP. I was sick to my stomach and jittery. When I stopped drinking it and switched back to regular DP, I felt much better.
Jill
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #14  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

I was a big Pepsi drinker for years. I would say I drank at least 6 cans a day. It was my coffee.. tea and water. It is all I drank. Last year I went down to three a day. Then January 8th of this year I stopped it totally and went with Ginger ale. I only had one or two a day... But I stopped that the day I started LAWL. I figure If I could stop pepsi like that I dont need any kind at all. I also know myself and I know that if I have just one gingerale Thats it I am done. To be honest I dont miss it at all. I now drink 4-5 bottles of water a day and that is fine with me. I would drink the diet pop but I dont like the taste of the aspertame. I hate the after taste. Diet pop has no or few calories so I cant see why it would make a big difference in weight loss.
Catway8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #15  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I quit ALL caffiene cold turkey the first month I was on program. That was my 5 am (32 oz) big gulp of Diet Pepsi, my 10 am Venti Mocho with an extra shot of espresso, my 12:30 20 oz bottle of Diet Pepsi. I was admittedly moody, cranky, and as my boss would say an outright bh!

Yes I lost most of my weight in he first month, but that's what happens to most people. I do drink and have alwasy drank more than enough water so I never saw the diet soda as a hinderance to my losses. In the month that I was under stress and returing to 4 cans a day or so as a pacifier, I didn't drop any pounds, but I was down 6 inches. So, obviously I didn't see the soda as the hinderance to a loss.

I'm off the caffiene to wake up in the morning, which for me is a major major accomplishment. Now I have a can or 2 a day most often at lunchtime when I need the afternoon boost. And my coffee fix is down to a tall coffee with no extra shots of espresso!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote