Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-15-2007, 04:36 PM   #1  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Binge Free Week August 15 Start

Well, I didn't know if I should start this, since I'm new--but I figured since Searsha asked, I would. I'm starting a binge-free week, fresh start today I'm doing great so far and I hope that all the rest of you will be having a binge-free next six days, too!

Last edited by Azure; 08-15-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

today wasn't good.... i did binge this morning. but count me in for the next six days!!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 123kg/114kg/63kg

Height: 5ft 5

Thanks for starting the thread Azure and nice to meet you. (BTW is that really you in your avatar?)

I'm currently 47 days binge free. I'll be getting weighed on friday, a month since I last weighed.

Being binge free is relatively easy at the moment. The depression has hit me really hard, and this is the first time that I've actually lost my appetite. I've suffered from depression for years and its always made me want to binge. This time round all I can do is cry. I think part of me is wanting to punish myself by restricting my intake - I probably need to watch that I don't end up going the other way. I'm struggling to eat three meals a day.

Enough whinging.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Iris - I love your avatar, it so cute!
ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

ODATT-- Thanks for the welcome And yes, that's me in my avatar. When I looked at your weight goals, I almost had a heart attack at your goal weight! Until I realized that it was 63 kilograms and not 63 pounds! I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling down. I've been dealing with depression on and off for a few years--although I never realized until recently that I had a tendency toward depression. I tend to binge when I'm feeling low, too... I'm so glad that you've been binge free for 47 days! That's great! I do hope you keep working at eating enough through your low points, too, though Hang in there!

Iris-- Hey! Welcome I look forward to having the next six days binge-free with you! Don't sweat today, just keep on pressing forward!

---------------

Today, I did really well--no urges to binge at all. It helps when I'm home with no temptations in my immediate vicinity, though, I must admit. I'll check in tomorrow!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:17 AM   #5  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Hiya odaat! Sorry that you're down. Been there. It's great that you're still posting and checking in . . . that's what I did thru my last "spell" - it was tuff but saw me thru to the other side, ya know? Glad iris posted today too - ****, if we were all sunshine and light all the time - 3FC wouldn't be near as much FUN now would it? Oh yeah, HIT IT DANCIN' C:

*alright alright alright aud - enuf of the freakin' carrot emoticon*

az tx for starting the Thread - whether any of us make it thru or not - let's keep chatting? You are very photogenic & beautiful GF! Someday my Big Girl will help me load a pic of me I hope. Makes it kewler to chat somehow?

I'm glugging down the days last big glass of water - still hot as tarnation here in MO - I've kind of lost my appetite too in this heat.

WhatEVAH the reason - hope it keeps this way for awhile yet!

'Night Chicks!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:50 AM   #6  

I weighed in today and have lost 4kg in the past 4 weeks (8.8lbs) meaning I've lost a total of 7kg.

I'm reading an Overeaters Anonymous book about Abstinence, and its very interesting. Hopefully it'll help!
Old 08-16-2007, 08:36 AM   #7  

Congrats on the less ODAAT!!

emily
xxx
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 11:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

congrats, Odaat! it's great to hear that it's easy for you not to binge right now, but horrible that that's due to depression. I hope things look brighter for you soon. keep chatting (here and with those in you life) - when i get down i tend to withdraw and it makes things so much worse.

have a great day everyone!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #9  
aud
lc lifestyle

I've fallen . . .

trying to get up!

*dusting off the crumbs and trying to Rock On!*
Old 08-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #10  

I love how you pick yourself up and get right back on with it Aud, way to go!!
Old 08-17-2007, 01:09 PM   #11  
aud
lc lifestyle

Couldn't bring myself to click the Dancin' C . . . tx so much for the Dancin' Brocc's, odaatie!

Old habits die hard and last nite was particularly painful . . . very hard not to be "down" on myself today - but determined.

Very determined.

Hope you are feeling better too?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6

Did I hear you say Rock on?

haha great job ladies! Just wanted to drop in and sprinkle you with
RocknRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
Couldn't bring myself to click the Dancin' C . . . tx so much for the Dancin' Brocc's, odaatie!

Old habits die hard and last nite was particularly painful . . . very hard not to be "down" on myself today - but determined.

Very determined.

Hope you are feeling better too?
I'm feeling a little better.

Today is my 50th binge free day. I've never managed to get this far before, and its completely new territory. Its rather nice though. Counting days definately helps me - it helps me to remember what I've been through to get here.

I'm reading a book about abstinence - lots of different people define abstinence. I have been snacking on fruit a bit recently, and I think this is something I need to work on. Someone in the book said that abstainence is learning to eat what you actually NEED and not what you want, or what you think you need. I need to learn that nothing terrible will happen if I am hungry for a little while.

I've been attending online AA meetings every day, and this certainly helps me. To see people who have been sober for 25 years makes me realise that we are all capable of living without the crutches we have come to depend on.

I'm now lighter than I was when I got married, which feels nice. I'm hoping that I'll soon start to feel more comfortable with myself and I can start to have a physical relationship with my husband again. Why is it we don't believe it when people say nice things to us?

Another thing the oldtimers always say in the AA meetings is that they've had many people come back after falling off the wagon. They all say that drinking wasn't the answer they thought it would. No one has ever had someone come back after having a drink and say that it was the right descision.

Thanks for being here guys, this is a wonderful place that really helps.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:00 PM   #14  

Well once again i over ate and feel terrible now for doing it. Why oh why can't i stop doing this to myself. I don't know what to do anymore. Ladies who have beat this terrible cycle please give me tips and support.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:28 AM   #15  
aud
lc lifestyle

No tips - just support here in the Wee Hours of the nite cherryA. Will say that I think its a mindset that I think I've mastered and then it happens again. Today, after a "stumble" - I tripled up on my work out with weights - I also walked like 10 times farther than I usually do - at first I was thinking of it as "punishment" - but then consciously changed my thinking to looking at it as sort of a healing of the damage from the overeating, ya know? Does that even make sense?

I just know that I felt/feel FANTASTIC! (And its not like I'm breaking any triathalon records @ 232lbs!) - but I just made the extra effort at my work out - and could feel the shameful guilty feeling leaving.

One more simple thing I did tonight - took the stairs a few times.

So glad you Posted - its the alone feeling that makes it worse at times.

And congrats on 50 days, odaat!