Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Old 08-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #1  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Question Shakey legs & resting

Hey folks!

Today I did the body pump class at my gym. It's a weight full body weight lifting class. It's very intense (or at least I thought so anyway). At one point my legs began to be a little shaky. Is that normal?

My other question was about resting. I know you're not supposed to work the same body parts everyday. What about cardio workouts? I find my legs get a good workout during the cardio exercises (I go to the classes). Tomorrow is a step class. I'm planning on attending it. I don't know if it is best to be exercising everyday or not.

I'm basically planning on doing the weight lifting class 3 times a week and the other days I'm doing cardio and sometimes w/ yoga/taichi/pilates. I've gone everyday since the 9th.

I'm planning on going to the zoo early Thursday so I don't think I'm going to be at the gym unless I go in the afternoon or maybe I should skip it that day?? I'm kindda scared if I don't go then I'll end up skipping Friday lol. Does that make any sense ?

I really love going to the gym though. I am so happy during and after the workout.
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #2  
Let's do this!

Hey, I just thought I'd post about the classes so you guys can get an idea as to what exactly I'm doing. This is from the gym's site.

BODYPUMP is the original barbell class that strengthens your entire body. This 60-minute workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music, awesome instructors and your choice of weight will inspire you to get the results you came for and fast!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:32 AM   #3  
LC Rooster

A while back, I finally decided to try out the little exercise room at my apartment complex. They don't have much, so I got on the only working exercise bike and started playing around with the controls (I've never really used a stationary bike before, let alone one with digital controls).

I ended up spending about 10 minutes on it doing a routine that was supposed to simulate going up and down gently sloping hills.

I felt okay, but decided not to push it, given how little exercise I'd had for ages, so I got up. My legs just about gave out on me completely. I stumbled into the door, outside, nearly fell in the pool just outside, and half-stumbled half-walked back to my apartment.

Now I walk a few miles a week and lift weights instead, but I don't push myself cardio-wise like that bike can.
BradH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #4  

Regarding the shaking, I know that when my muscles start to get really fatigued they shake while I'm lifting. And the next day I'm very sore, the good kind of sore though. So I'm pretty sure that's normal.
holicanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #5  
Let's do this!

Yes, today I'm a bit sore in my upper arm/shoulder area and my buns.

I went to the step class. Wow was that ever intense. The step work is difficult so I spent a good deal just practicing two of the basic steps. Great workout though. I'm in love with the classes. The teacher told me she's been teaching the class for 3 years and a lot of the girls have been in her class since the beginning!! I told her I could tell. lol Its so much fun.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:31 PM   #6