Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 AM   #1  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Height: 5'7

Unhappy OMG!!!!!!!!!! I just got my pictures back from vacation.....

OMG..... So I just got my pictures back from vacation.... Why did no one tell me that I was that big. I could not believe that was me. I am so upset. But it is ok. I am never going to have another vacation picture where I am going to be that big. From today on I am only going to get smaller. It is crazy cause I was always heavy between 180 and 200. And I am now 240 but I never felt huge. I didnt feel any different than when I was 180. But after looking at these new pictures, I found some old pictures of me when I was about 21 and OMG.... I thought that I was huge then. I was so skinny. (not like a size 0) but I was about a 14. I would give anything to be there now. LOL. It is just crazy that I have gained about 60 pounds and I dont feel any different. Maybe that is why it has taken me so long to get motivated. But after these pictures. OMG. That is enough motivation for me. I am going to keep these pictures with me at all times, so when I am feeling depressed or like I want to give up.
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #2  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I HATE looking at my vacation photos. It made me depressed and just made me sick. You arent alone........
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5'9

It happen like that for me too! I didn't realize how big I was until I saw myself in vacation pictures during a hike where I'd taken my t-shirt off and was just in my tank top. OMG! Talk about motivating pictures though! You're NOT alone and you can do it! ~
Liteheart81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #4  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Same thinhg happened to me at 280. My dh and I got engaged and were doing the happy couples pictures and I was horrified!!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM   #5  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

OMG!!!!! I so relate to that! Sending you lots of luck and hugs! You will get through this! I'm determined to as well!!!!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Daphne, I had a similar experience recently. I just avoid being photographed whenever possible, but my husband's niece was visiting from France and she was taking lots of family photos to show her family, and I was dying knowing that these people haven't seen me in years and will be appalled at how much I've gained! I was trying to hide behind others, etc, but who am I fooling, even if they can only see an arm and a head, I am still fat!
I had quit weighing and had convinced myself that I was fine with being a fat person. I had also decided that I had reached a point of equilibrium where my weight was stable, since I'd been wearing the same size for a couple of years. But in reality I was noticing that my energy level was continuing to drop and that I was avoiding doing things that I once loved to do with my kids, etc. When my jeans finally were getting really tight, and I was going to have to move up another size, I finally got on the scale, and I'd gained about 30 lbs since I'd last weighed a few years ago! So, all these things were really a slap in the face and a wake up call. And you're right - also a good motivation! I've lost 22 lbs so far, and I feel so much better and my tight jeans are pretty loose now, and instead of buying the next size up I expect to buy a smaller size in the fall. And next year, when we visit my husband's family, I will happily be in lots of pictures! When you look at your vacation pictures next year, you will be so proud!
Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM   #7  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

i can relate to that!! for years i never thought i was that overweight and then i saw some photos of myself (of which i have uploaded, link in signature) and i was like Oh My God, was awful..
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

At least you'll have a Before shot. I was so good at avoiding having my picture taken that I have nothing within 50 pounds for a before shot. I felt pretty crafty before but I'm regretting it now.

Stick that baby in your purse and use the motivation.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:51 AM   #9  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

dek6 - Don't beat yourself up. You are already making great progress. And look at it this way... now you have some before pictures.

I think we've all been there, mine were from my neice's birthday party. There was a picture of me from the back and when I saw it, I was like "Whoa, who was there with the same shirt as me? Oh no, that is ME!!"
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:58 AM   #10  
Masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 279/206/167

Height: 5'8"

I hear you girl.
pictures are a great wake you up. Some friends came over last weekend and we took some pics, and I hate how I look, and this is after loosing 40+ lbs. I thought my pictures would show a slim me, lol. I still have alot to go, but think if you keep looking at these pics, maybe they will keep you moving.
cheryl
hellokitty81668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

My brother got married in Bermuda in May and EVERYONE there was a size 2 or below, and I felt huge. I wore a halter dress to the ceremony and thought I looked nice, but then when they had all the family shots and other pictures, I didn't realize how huge my arms looked until I was looking at the pictures. I wish I could replace those family pictures (forever in my brother's wedding album) with pictures of me, now almost 40 pounds lighter...
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #12  
On my way...

S/C/G: 255/240/150

Anna829--

How have you lost 30 pounds in 2 months. that is awesome.......
dek6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #13  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

When DH and I got married I didn't think I was all that fat until I got the pic's back. There was one pic of me standing sideways in front of the minister. OMG, I looked huge. This was 10 yrs. ago and I was still squeezing into a size 16, although I must have been 210 lbs. (know the drill, put the jeans on when they are still slightly damp so they stretch better and lay down to get them zipped, use a coat hanger on the zipper if needed and wear a 2X t-shirt and blame it on the big boobs). I only wish I had used these pic's for motivation instead of hiding them away. It took me 8 yrs. to face how fat I was and another 24 lbs . to boot.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #14  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

I think we can all relate to that.

I've never felt I was big until I came to Canada. lol In Houston/Texas there are loads of morbidly obese people so I blended in just fine. NOW, in Toronto it is another store. When I see myself in pictures beside my friends...it is even worse!!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:49 PM   #15  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I can SO relate! My mom has this picture from my younger brothers wedding...I thought I looked really nice, I really looked like a line-backer! Lucky me, it's a 'family photo' so it is hanging in the living room. Whenever I need a reality check to get myself back into my healthy routine...there it is!

You CAN do this!
mj5 is offline   Reply With Quote