Support Groups - Cows who wish we were domesticated

Cowpernia
08-13-2007, 07:05 PM
My house is an absolute mess and I don't care. The rest of my life I care about. Not this. I don't have the capacity to care about everything.

I have finished one of Wabby's socks and two of the socks-formerly-known-as-Shotses. They're cute.

I feel that I doing so much in the area of getting this job. I have two that I'm not rejected from and I've signed up for two more tests. If I pass them, I'll be rejectable in the areas of English and Special Ed. I don't find these tests so hard so maybe I could become rejectable in a whole series .. Humanities, Geography, History, art, math ... well, I might pass math but probably not.

I took DS to town and got the pharmacist to look at his finger. He explained that it was blistered and nothing to do unless the blister breaks and the sensation may hopefully return. A crooked broken finger sounds so depressing. Did an orthopedic surgeon look at it?

Kiwonk
08-14-2007, 12:15 AM
A crooked broken finger sounds so depressing. Did an orthopedic surgeon look at it?Yes -- about a week after it was set in a splint in the ER, then again 2 weeks later. He x-rayed it again, and pronounced it "fine, come back in 2 weeks".

I don't have the capacity to care about much right now. I managed to throw together dinner tonight. DH was home from the big city, although he never called until he was about halfway home (from the time he left Sunday morning) so I didn't know he was coming home today. DD and I had made arrangements for my ultrasound test tomorrow and her appt elsewhere with cars and rides, and then he comes home anyway. I'm too tired for this crap. He never even once asked me if I wanted him to come with me for this test. Perhaps he predicted I might give him a dirty look....

I think it's great that you are going to qualified to be rejected for all the best jobs. That will look great on your resume. ?

We watched The World According to Garp while we were eating tacos tonight. With DD and BF. Wow, I'd forgotten how obsessed that movie was with sex.

There's a great big spider on my ceiling right now. I can't reach it.

I want to go eat something -- because I can't eat or drink after midnight. How much you wanna bet I go eat something in my sleep later on?

Kiwi

Bagzz
08-14-2007, 10:10 AM
KIWONKERS!! I AM WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!! I hate you not feeling up to par!---you have had a stressful last several of years with the husband out of work thing---your body is rebelling!!!perhaps we should finally do something around here about our health--i think we are falling apart---i haven't exlercised except for a couple of walks in ages-----------let us do something about US~!!peachers--come on and start a boot camp=-----you can tell us all about keifer!!

Kiwonk
08-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Okay, soon as I kick this cough. I'm feeling a little wrung out.

I think we've changed our minds; we're going to Cape Breton instead of PEI. How long does it take to drive there?

I spent 4 hours sleeping today and woke up coughing my brains out. So, no brain to use today, too bad, eh? :shrug:

k

Bagzz
08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
summer colds are the WORST!!!---okay i am off to work the cruise ship shoppers!!!---so if you drive to calais------how long does that take---from st stephen to saint john is an hour and from saint john to cape breton is around 7-8 hours-----to halifax from sj is 4 hours----I LOVE HALIFAX!!!! TALK LATER---GET BETTER DARLING!

Kiwonk
08-15-2007, 04:07 PM
Yep, it's about 2 hours or so to Calais, I think. My mapping program shows it being much faster to head through Moncton to go to Cape Breton; maybe we'll go one way and come back the other. Do you remember where it was that your DD went riding near Fundy N. Park?

So I have gallstones, and true to form, they want to yank out my gall bladder. Although I have never had a "gall bladder attack" or any pain. I have a problem with this. But I guess I have to talk to a surgeon anyway. This sux.

It's raining. That sux too.

Hope your ship shoppers are shlepping up everything in the shop. For sher.

ta

k

Cowpernia
08-15-2007, 05:44 PM
We don't want the the little gallbladderpoo to burst. When do you see surgeon?

What happened to the psychedelic name thingy?

Kiwonk
08-16-2007, 02:25 AM
grumble grumble :headache: they haven't called me yet. of all the gall...

my psychedelic namey thing stopped pleasing me so I wiped it out and made a handsome little doohickey instead.

Eww. gallbladderpoo That's gross.

kiwi

Bagzz
08-16-2007, 08:50 AM
it must indeed be galling to hear of such gallbladder woes!!! i am not sure where your particular bladderwort got the GALL to attack you like this!!! Doesn't he know that you have been housing him in great comfort for years!!! There is no question that Gallbladders MUST be Male!!!!-=----i am not sure if this is the place but i will find out for sure--------http://www.horsesofeden.com/

Cowpernia
08-16-2007, 02:50 PM
I interviewed for a job I fell unqualified for. It's a ranch-type boys facility with 40 teenage boys who stay about 4 months. I'd be in a stand alone trailer thing with each class and I'd be the only adult. Yikes. It's teaching social studies, reading and being the ESE teacher. I said I'm taking the ESE test because I think it's easy but I'm no expert. He said you don't have to be a rocket scientist. Oh.

Plus it's down a four mile long dirt road that's about one and a half lanes wide and rutted in places. Imagine during a bad rain ... I'd slide away. There's a tiny wooden bridge to cross made of 2x4's. The other job I wanted, also a correctional facility, felt different. This one was staffed by outdoorsy men and that one by indoorsy people .. like me. Puny people.

Kiwonk
08-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Doesn't he know that you have been housing him in great comfort for years!!! Well, exactly. And feeding him exactly what he asked for -- plenty of fat and salt. There's gratitude for you.

I interviewed for a job I fell unqualified for. It's a ranch-type boys facility with 40 teenage boys who stay about 4 months. I'd be in a stand alone trailer thing with each class and I'd be the only adult. Sounds scary. Do they have some giant drill sergeant guy that goes around threatening the boys with a bullwhip to keep them in line?

Wow, I never thought of the whole teaching-in-the-correctional-system concept. They must employ a lot of teachers. I think this would work better for you if you dyed your hair silver, wore little matching knit skirts and sweater sets with giant brooches, and nurses shoes. And don't forget the magenta lipstick. Can you get your hands on a pair of cat's eye glasses? Be sure to hang them from a little chain.

The boys will think you are their fairy godmother.

I'm pretty helpful for someone with a lot of gall, aren't I?

We are leaving for Halifax on Sunday, then Cape Breton on Monday, and coming back on Wednesday.

In case anyone wondered.

We found riding places near Halifax, so will probably go there.

kiwi

Bagzz
08-17-2007, 01:09 AM
i am going to tell PEI that they have lost several tourists because of their shoddy treatment!!! good for you---------i love the FAX!!!!! the Boardwalk along the water is nice---my dd works on one of the tall ships that are docked in the Harbour---they have COWS ice cream there!! it's delicious!!!!--it's famous all over PEI but they have it at the Historic Properties. If you like Greek Food---OPA is pretty good. http://www.opataverna.com/ they had good Spanakopita!

SugP
08-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Why I haven't posted in 1000 years:

Saturday and Sunday: Spend time on sweaty train getting to and from a remote German village. Eat 7 diifferent kinds of potato salad and meet people from Zimbabwe and New York. Really.
Monday: Get on another sweaty train with whole family (who are all on holiday right now) to go pick up in-laws' new car in Wolfsburg where the build ze Volkswagens. Spend day seeing amusement-park-like sights. Get home after 11 hour day and collapse, strongly suspecting a yeast infection. Sweaty trains and all that.
Tuesday: Sleep until noon. Got to pharmacy and pick up something for female afflication.
Wednesday: spend day at zoo watching naughty monkeys and very tall giraffes.
Thursday: clean house
Friday: Go to in-laws for lunch and eat take-out Chinese to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Listen to cranky f-i-l go on and on until it's his nap time. Spend rest of day cleaning house.
Saturday: (I'm ahead of myself here). Prepare and serve simple but delicious (= lots of salt and fat) meal to dinner guests while trying not to have a meltdown.

See? I wasn't just lying on the sofa eating bon bons! :(

Peachy - that job sounds REALLY scary. I dunno.

Kiwi - So sorry that your gall bladder is having the gall to annoy you like that.

Bagzie - PEI is nuts. They HAVE to do something about this.

Kiwonk
08-17-2007, 06:34 PM
-i love the FAX!!!!! the Boardwalk along the water is nice---my dd works on one of the tall ships that are docked in the Harbour---they have COWS ice cream there!! it's delicious!!!!--it's famous all over PEI but they have it at the Historic Properties. If you like Greek Food---OPA is pretty good. http://www.opataverna.com/ they had good Spanakopita!Cool! Will DD be there Sunday evening/Monday morning? I'm going to go check out OPA. DD and I love Greek food. DH just loves food.

Sugar, you lead such an exciting life. I like the way you include the future in your account of your week. I think I'll try that

Today I'm sleeping all day, then making reservations for our trip (I'm halfway done). The people in N.S. are so nice on the phone. Even the old cowboy with the horses. I will be serving chicken with mole sauce and roasted veggies for dinner in an hour, which will be received with enthusiasm by DD and BF. Or maybe I will throw it all in the fridge and serve it to them tomorrow.... That would depend on whether they show up, wouldn't it? DH promised he'd be home for dinner. But since I've been on the internet for an hour and a half, who knows? :D

Tomorrow I will finish my reservations, the laundry will do itself, and my bags will be packed by fairies. Jet will find her own way to the kennel.

Sunday I will be yanked out of a deep sleep and tossed into a car.

In the meantime I will cough my lungs out and look and sound pitiful.

Kiwi

SugP
08-18-2007, 04:38 AM
Around here, people would run away screaming if you said you were making "mole sauce". :D Mexican food in Germany = sprinkling corn on top of whatever's for dinner. I'm serious.

Halifax is soooo nice. I went there once. If only the fairies would get going and do everything for ya. I like travelling in that I like being where I wanted to go, but the packing and getting there and back is usually awful.

Kiwonk
08-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Well, we're out of here in the morning. I am optimistically packing my bathing suit -- we have a cottage on the ocean the last night. We will be hanging out in Halifax tomorrow night, horseback riding (http://www.isnerstables.ca/) Monday morning, a concert at the Louisbourg Playhouse (http://www.louisbourgplayhouse.com/) in the evening, driving around Cape Breton on Tuesday, staying on the western coast that night and hopefully listening to some of the local music, then home on Wednesday. Y'all have a good week y'hear?

ta

kiwi

p.s. we had the mole chicken tonight -- very good! A bit hot, but not enough to make me sweat...

PainterWoman
08-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Either 3FC or my computer is so sluggish that I am only guessing at Kiwi's gall bladder "issues." It is worth having removed! Although I understand "hoping" that you won't have any attacks while on vacation. DS's got pretty bad, and vacation would not have waited. Mine never got that bad!
I love mole sauce... chile 'n' chocolate. Yumm. (pronounced to rhyme with Ole, by the way as in Oil of Ole!!
Hope everyone's week is promising.

Bagzz
08-22-2007, 01:38 PM
did kiwi close the thread for vacation!!hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

SugP
08-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Noooooo! I's still here!

I went to the lady doctor today and the aliens in my belly haven't gotten any bigger so we're safe for now.

Dh and I went for 45 min walk 3 times this week and I lost 2 lbs!!! Today, anyway.

Wabby
08-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Hey Cows. I've sold my business and I have 1 1/2 week left, then I'll be a free woman. I sort of feel like I'm jumping off a cliff. I swing back and forth between feeling relieved of the burden and feelings of extreme loss. I will not come out of this a rich woman. I figure it will give me enough to get through until my property closes. Bleeh. Then I'll have to pack up 18 years of stuff and move. Ick.

I apologize for not having time to read back over postings to see what's new w/ the herd. I miss you all.

I'm still a wet blanket. I spend lots of time at my grief counselor. She's on vacation this week and I feel like a lost puppy.

Kiwonk
08-23-2007, 12:35 AM
Hi Hi! :hyper: Just popping in to say I'm Home!!! We had a great time -- although too much driving for just 4 days. We drove several hours every day, what with getting there and then driving the (unbelievably gorgeous) Cabot
Trail around the island. We'd all like to go back to Cape Breton and just stay put for a week.

We did indeed go horseback riding, outside Halifax. It was a gorgeous day and it was really nice riding through all these woodsy trails on the nice horsies. We also spent a little time in Halifax. Then we spent 2 days on Cape Breton, saw a couple of good musical performances, beautiful scenery and this morning before we left our cottage, dD and I went swimming. The water was pretty cold, but so so so gorgeous swimming in the ocean, it was practically luxurious. And the beach was incredible; soft pinky-orange sand and practically deserted, with these impressive cliffs behind the beach. I definitely could have stayed there the rest of the summer...

Well, just wanted check in and say hi hi hi. Glad you are here, Wabby, sounds like the sale was the right thing to do. Hope it feels like it soon, too. I can't imagine what it's like to try to deal with all these changes at once; it must just make your head spin and your stomach churn.

We were kind of shocked to realize that the summer is almost over -- DD goes back to school a week from Sunday, but her bf has to go this Sunday, which he didn't know until just yesterday. DD was rawwwwwwwwwwther anxious to get back by the time we left today. (Well, I told him he should come with us)

And we need to buy a car in the next week and a half so we can get DD back to school.... Well, I suppose we could load her stuff into the back of the pickup, and arrive at Tufts University in high style. Like the Clampetts.

Kiwi

SugP
08-23-2007, 08:06 AM
Yes! The Beverly Hillkiwis!:D Glad you had such a good time. The scenery around there is stunning.

Hi Wabby! :hug: Lots of changes going on, but maybe as you say, moving on to other things will give you a new sense of freedom.

Kiwonk
08-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi guyz, just checking in before I go pick up my doggie (the kennel is in StinkyTown, so it takes me longtime to get there).

I can't wait to get my pictures online, but must have Jet first (so she can come along and poke at me while I'm on the 'puter). Bagz has photos of Nova Scotia on Facebook. I want to see if mine came out anywhere near as well as that...

DD is hanging out with the bf today, then working. We will probably not see much more than a glimpse of her until he is off to college on Sunday. Poor dears :rolleyes:

I DON'T WANT DD TO GO AWAY TO SCHOOL AGAIN!!!! Yes, I do, of course I do. She's a big girl, she must do her own thing. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IT'S TOO SOOOOOON! :bb:

See, this is why I need my furry puppy.

Kiwi

Bagzz
08-24-2007, 07:54 AM
hey kiwonk!!! so glad you had fun on the Cape!!!! it is a stunning piece of natural beauty!!---you should go back for Celtic Colours----http://www.celtic-colours.com/default.html i am sure you must have seen advertising for it---it is very famous around here---and at a time when the leaves are at their best---great music of course!!!=----one of my best friends is from CB and her mom just died so she is there doing some re-organizing and NOW she is having so much fun living there again,she doesn't want to come back here!!!----it is alot of driving though-----I AM SO SORRY YOUR BABY IS GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!!! HOW DARE THEY LEAVE US!!!----well,MINE didn't even come home this summer!!! the advantage you have is that dd has a bf in the area---last year dd came home cause her bf was from here,NOW her new man is from THERE!!!! and what about my europe DD---her bf is from DENMARK!!!!!!! how irritating is that!!!_---peach----is your ds back at school????
WABBY!!!!!! as always,we are thrilled when you post---i know the business selling at a low price was a disappointment but i am sure it will be nice not to worry about it-----i was wondering how your dd is feeling-----i can't remember when you said she was due---

Kiwonk
08-24-2007, 01:43 PM
I certainly sympathize, Bagz. I will not be surprised if DD doesn't come home next summer; she has spent the whole summer moaning about not having enough privacy, not being able to spend more time with her BF (because every waking moment is not enough, y'know), needing her space. Often makes me want to respond with "yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah heard it all before dear", but I don't want her to think I don't want her to be home-- it has been very nice.

I have a consultation with the gall bladder surgeon on September 11th...hope it doesn't bring on an attack. Punny, huh? :rolleyes:

I was listening to public radio yesterday and they had 2 self-proclaimed conservatives (I don't really know their credentials, but one was a former Republican Congressman from the South) on there calling for Bush's impeachment. Nothing could make me happier. Except maybe for Cheney's too, and to have them both tried for war crimes.

Oops, there's me ranting again.

Ta
Kiwi

Bagzz
08-24-2007, 04:57 PM
rant away--i am so pissed off ---three more young men killed this week---one of them dd23's age ---in afghanistan of course------as if when we finally leave there things won't go back to the feuding of the last thousand years---meanwhile we get to look at pictures of 16 year old brothers of these young men crying -------on the front page of the national papers----makes me ill.

Cherry Cow
08-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Around here, people would run away screaming if you said you were making "mole sauce". :D Mexican food in Germany = sprinkling corn on top of whatever's for dinner. I'm serious.

Hehe... I remember when I was there, the Germans acted like corn was something you feed animals.

Hey Cows. I've sold my business and I have 1 1/2 week left, then I'll be a free woman. I sort of feel like I'm jumping off a cliff. I swing back and forth between feeling relieved of the burden and feelings of extreme loss. I will not come out of this a rich woman. I figure it will give me enough to get through until my property closes. Bleeh. Then I'll have to pack up 18 years of stuff and move. Ick.

I apologize for not having time to read back over postings to see what's new w/ the herd. I miss you all.

I'm still a wet blanket. I spend lots of time at my grief counselor. She's on vacation this week and I feel like a lost puppy.

Aw, Wabby, big hugs. You are going through so much.

I was listening to public radio yesterday and they had 2 self-proclaimed conservatives (I don't really know their credentials, but one was a former Republican Congressman from the South) on there calling for Bush's impeachment. Nothing could make me happier. Except maybe for Cheney's too, and to have them both tried for war crimes.

Oops, there's me ranting again.

Ta
Kiwi

rant away--i am so pissed off ---three more young men killed this week---one of them dd23's age ---in afghanistan of course------as if when we finally leave there things won't go back to the feuding of the last thousand years---meanwhile we get to look at pictures of 16 year old brothers of these young men crying -------on the front page of the national papers----makes me ill.

Yeah, I have one friend whose brother will probably go back, for his third time, and another friend whose son is in Basic right now... so scary.

I'm back to exercising. DH and I ran twice this week and I did one weight tape. I took today off because I haven't been getting enough sleep.

I'm back to school and now I'm homeschooling DS11. We have survived our first week. Wait until he sees what it's like when ALL of the curriculum is in!

Cowpernia
08-25-2007, 02:18 AM
yes, yes, DS left Wednesday. While I was well balanced and a source of inspiration to all who meet obstacles in life, I am now a ball of wet tissue.

Bagzz
08-25-2007, 09:25 AM
ohhhhhhhhhh poor cowpern----i guess the good thing about the dds not being home all summer is----i don't have to say goodbye-----BUT i must say i am getting excited to see my dd23---i have not laid eyes on her since DECEMBER 29th-----2006!!!!!----so eight months !!!!----she will be home in a week and i am soooooooooo looking forward to seeing her----she is living here for at least the next term----going to the local university--and working at the shop-----speaking of which---i am supposed to be getting ready for work--oops--------hi cherry!!! i want to excercise too!!

Kiwonk
08-25-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm back to school and now I'm homeschooling DS11. Wow, that's ambitious!

Good job on the running. I can't claim anything but an occasional swim. I haven't even felt like a walk with this crappy cough.

yes, yes, DS left Wednesday. While I was well balanced and a source of inspiration to all who meet obstacles in life, I am now a ball of wet tissue.Well, one holds up when one must, eh? I have sumpin for you. Make me send it.

-BUT i must say i am getting excited to see my dd23-Fantastic! How great that she will be sticking around for a while and working in the shop!

We still have a week before DD goes back to school, but she has to work quite a bit. We are having a bbq for DH's (parents' anniversary) on Wednesday, I'm going to have to swamp out at least some parts of the house before it. I can already see that I won't get much help from DH, as he has some project for his parents going. And DD is spending all day tomorrow taking the BF to school. Then Monday she and I are going to spend the day shopping for school stuff, and she is going to an overnight housewarming party that night. And she has to work until 4 on Wednesday.

Who wants to come help me clean up this dump?

Kiwi

SugP
08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
Who wants to come help me clean up this dump?

I do! I do! You pay the air fare and I'll bring the pressure washer.

I actually did clean something today - the huge pile of crapola beside my bed. Not just one pile, really, a whole series of piles all along the floor. Book, magazines, brochures from vacation last year, wool, little silvery gift boxes, half finished embroidered Christmas ornaments, dirty socks and the list goes on. I'm still itchin' from all the dust. Bleh.

Way too late again, must go to bed.

Kiwonk
08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
I do! I do! You pay the air fare and I'll bring the pressure washer.

I actually did clean something today - the huge pile of crapola beside my bed. Yes! A pressure washer -- that would be most helpful! Just think how fast we could empty this place out with one of those! I'm glad I'm not the only person who still has these endless piles. I was looking for my dog whistle this afternoon (no luck :( ) and combed through numerous baskets and boxes of dusty crap. Blah.

It's thundering out. I'd better wrap this up and de'puter.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
08-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Dear Kiwi,

Send "it" and I will promise to post every day this week in spite of the fact that I am working in the supermarket five days, driving to Pencilcola to take a test on one day off and ... I dont know what I'm doing the other one. My feet hurt so much.

How did we manage to raise kids who sound so much alike (well, don't they?) and find each other? I can easily imagine DS running around the world with or without LCP. He and Kiwiette have things in common.

I am encouraged by Sugar's cleaning up of the area beside the bed. I am tempted to photograph that area of my own bedroom and .. when I can walk again (as when I don't work in the supermarket) ... clean it up and feel proud. However, there's plenty of time to do that.

PainterWoman
08-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Apologies to all for not keeping up with your stories.
Sug-- I cleaned up some "piles of stuff" on my low-boy bureau, too. and had to really search high and low because the mail-in pharmacy said they'd mailed a RX I needed .... I thought I remembered receiving it... located it in the heap of duvet on my bed. (oops).

Went and got shoes yesterday. Wheeeeeeeee. New walking shoes AND clogs and sandals all from New Balance. It is amazing what a little cushioning on one's feet can do to establish a positive mind-set!
I relaxed SO much I slept through dinner.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Must go do some internet research as my friend with melanoma is in the hospital.... for side effects of medication.

I am relieved that my feet are happy.

Kiwonk
08-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Peachie, you will be rewarded. Sounds like you need some of Painty's NB shoes.

I dropped a stapler on my instep the other night and it still hurts like a :censored:. All my sandals have straps right where the ouchie is. Ooch that smarts :headache:.

Had to get up at the crack of, um, 8:30 this morning (well, hey, if you stayed up till 3 am, that would be mighty early for you too :dizzy:), to go say goodbye to DD's bf. DD will be so bereft this week, I can't even imagine.

There is nothing on the floor by my bed except perhaps a stray kleenex. Unfortunately most of the house isn't that lucky. Yesterday after I washed the dishes, I decided to wipe some of the stuff on the back of the stove. Eww. Caked with grease, yummy.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
08-27-2007, 01:38 AM
I fear that if one wore NB sandals and walking shoes and clogs all at once, one's feet would still hurt after standing on a cement floor for eight hours. However, if that's what you're sending, I'll be happy to try them.

This woman at the supermarket who seems nice and average and normal keeps saying that she sees a psychiatrist for anger problems. Then, yesterday, she told someone she was going to shoot some people at work. Then, she had to clean the bathrooms and the boss told her she had missed something on the floor. He told her this with the mop and bucket between them and he had his hand on the mop handle. She screamed at him at the top of her lungs, WRESTLED the mop away from him and said, "I'm stronger than you. I can take it." He told her to calm down and go home and she yelled, "I will not go home. You can't make me quit." She came in today with her dh and talked to another manager. I hope she quit. Scary.

SugP
08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
:( I'm glad I'm not the only person who still has these endless piles. I was looking for my dog whistle this afternoon (no luck :( ) and combed through numerous baskets and boxes of dusty crap. Blah.

Oh yes, dusty crap is my nemesis. I got into a sorting and tossing frenzy today and the dust is making my body itch in the most uncomfortable places. Ooog.

I am relieved that my feet are happy.

And I am happy that your feet found relief! :D

Then, yesterday, she told someone she was going to shoot some people at work.

:eek::eek::eek: Pleeeeeeeeease stay FAR FAR AWAY from her, Peachy. Um, maybe she should be working in a nice padded office all by herself instead of in a supermarket where there are, like, customers and staff and cans of peas to throw. :o

My mother sent me this joke today in amongst the urban legends and fluffy kittens. I feel it is newsworthy.

Subject: Those French!!!

A thief in Paris planned to steal some paintings from the Louvre. After
careful planning, he stole the paintings, got past security, and made it
safely to his van. However, he was captured only two blocks away when
his van ran out of gas. When asked how he could mastermind such a crime
and the make such an obvious error, he replied, "Monsieur, that is the
reason I stole the paintings. I had no Monet to buy Degas to make the
Van Gogh."

And you thought that I didn't have de Gaulle to forward this on to
someone else? I figure I had nothing Toulouse. :D

Kiwonk
08-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow, that's one groaner after another, that is! Nice.

Yeah, so that's what anger management therapy is for. I used to think maybe I had anger issues. Now I think I am merely irritated...

Went to the big city for school shopping today. Coughed my way all the way there and back. Now I feel carpy. Speaking of carpy, I was going to buy some glucosamine/chondroitin supplements for my joints. Everyone swears by it. Fortunately I looked closely at the label. Seems it always has shellfish in it -- shrimp, crab, lobster or whatnot. I am highly allergic to shrimp! I asked the pharmacist about it, whether there were some without shellfish and he had no idea those even had that in them. I dodged a bullet there. But now I don't know what to do to "improve my joint health" as it were.

DD's foot has not healed as well as hoped, and she went back to the doctor today. Turns out she has metatarsalgia or some such, inflammation of the joint at the ball of the foot. She is supposed to start Ballet at college next week. That's not going to happen. Too bad, I must say, she was really looking forward to getting back to dancing, for exercise. She'll have to avoid much foot flexing for several weeks to give this a chance to heal.

Later gators
Kiwi

Cowpernia
08-28-2007, 12:41 AM
I knew an elementary school teacher who was allergic to shrimp. Once, they cooked it in the cafeteria and she had to be taken to the ER just for smelling it down the hall.

That woman was given a day off .. suspension .. to cool off. Today, I worked and looked up see my next customer and it was her. Honestly, I was uneasy. And she wanted money added to her gift card and I didn't know how and then it turned out it couldn't be done as the gift cards have limits. Throught all this, I kept thinking, "Don't be angry with me!!!"

Speaking of French, a bunch came in and put their groceries in the cart without bags and then the woman signed her credit card receipt right to left.
What is that? Right to left? They don't write that way do they??

Kiwonk
08-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Right to left? They don't write that way do they??Weird. In Arabic they do. Also Hebrew.

We have to clean all day. Fortunately my day didn't start until noon.

Kiwi

SugP
08-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Maybe they were from Morroco or Tunesia or somewhere? If they had an Arabic name I guess they'd have to write it right to left. You get some interesting customers.

Shrimp allergies can be SO scary. I didn't know there was shellfish in that glucosamine/chondroitin stuff. My mum has problems with itching and hives all the time and they told her it's some kind of allergy and I'm wondering if that could partly be the cause because she's been taking it for ages.

I am segueing from PMS into the real deal and my belly is bloated up like a giant puffer fish. Yes, it IS possible to gain 5 lbs over night. Fortunately three of those pounds are water. UNfortunately the other two are chocolate cake. :devil:

Kiwonk
08-29-2007, 01:07 AM
I didn't know there was shellfish in that glucosamine/chondroitin stuff. My mum has problems with itching and hives all the time and they told her it's some kind of allergy and I'm wondering if that could partly be the cause because she's been taking it for ages.
I get hives when I eat shrimp. Of course with your mom it could be a lot of other things too, but I suppose it would be worth looking into. However, I did a search about the shellfish in glucosamine and a site about allergies says that shellfish allergies would not be triggered by glucosamine because it is made from the shells rather than the flesh of the shrimp, and allergies are normally to proteins. So I am still wary, but I might give it a try.

Are the kids back in school yet? School starts on Friday around here.

We are having the inlaws over for a bbq tomorrow. I have made potato salad, and we are grilling veggies and luscious sirloin tip strips. We never have them over hardly; of course we don't really have the room for many people in this dump, but it's really because the place is so embarrassing. But, at least the lawn is mowed, the porch is somewhat cleared out, the bathroom is clean, and we have all day tomorrow to do :dance:MORE :hyper:CLEANING! :wizard:YIPPEE! :yay: Ugh.

After the bbq, I'm going on strike... :bubbles:

Kiwi

Cowpernia
08-29-2007, 10:22 AM
I guess I never thought of Arabic writing as being script. Of course, I couldn't read it at all and couldn't pick out a letter.

I have big plans today. I am going to get my tired rotated. Then ... I'll come home and nap. Then go to work.

Kiwonk
08-29-2007, 01:50 PM
I guess I never thought of Arabic writing as being script. Of course, I couldn't read it at all and couldn't pick out a letter.Yeah, that's a good point; it's not exactly script. But when people sign their names, they must use something like script. I'll ask DD and see if she knows how people sign their names in Arabic.
I have big plans today. I am going to get my tired rotated. Then ... I'll come home and nap. Then go to work.Tomorrow I will no doubt need to have my tired rotated too. Right now my tired will have to wait.

You will never believe what I found in the kitchen this morning. I was getting the marinade ready for the steak tips, and I heard this very strange shishing sound, like something moving in a plastic bag. I thought it was probably a breeze moving something. Then I heard a vaguely liquid-y muted plopping sound so I thought it might be something backed up in the sink. But then it all got louder and I had to investigate -- with a very long pair of tongs. I moved everything away from the sink area, and then I realized it was coming from the empty frozen OJ can that I had used to discard cooking grease.

:mouse: Oh yes, a mouse was scrabbling its damnedest to get out of the cardboard can. I contemplated my options for a bit (put it out of its misery? tie it up in a plastic bag and throw it in the garbage can so I don't have to think about it? give it a bath?) -- and then I decided to take it out to the woods. I used the tongs to pick up the can and put it in a bucket lined with plastic bags. So then I could see the little moron; it was pretty sad looking but still paddling for it was worth. So I took it out and put the can on its side by the edge of the woods and the mouse crawled out. And headed toward the house...so I stamped my feet a few times and yelled at it and it turned around and went in the woods. I think probably it will live. Although maybe not a long and healthy life, after it licks all that grease off its fur...

And that's not all the excitement around here. Would you believe DD called from work to say that she had heard that there was a hostage standoff at the grocery store in town! Sure enough the store and the roads around it were closed off and every police vehicle from miles around was there. But it turned out to be a bomb threat and has, according to the news, been "resolved". This is what happens to a peaceful little town when the major industry screws the pooch and unemployment runs rampant. And a lot of people in power like to take advantage of people's fears and institute unnecessary controls. Last year they locked down the middle and high schools because some kid wrote something stupid on a bathroom mirror that was interpreted as a threat. Then instead of letting up on the prison atmosphere this year, they are continuing it and spending all the money they might have used on, say, hiring enough teachers so they could educate the kids, and instead put in somebody's wet dream of a security system. I can hardly wait to see what the outcome is of today's mess.

Sorry for my language, but I get a whole lot up in arms.

The grocery store thing was not, by all reports, about a disgruntled employee, at least. But I'm soooo glad DD didn't get a job there.

And I'm so glad I got my grocery shopping done yesterday...

Kiwi

Cowpernia
08-29-2007, 02:02 PM
To me, that's pretty exciting. I like hearing about mice, especially when they're in another state. I like their ears. Whiles I was getting my tired rotated, the office cat climbed in my lap and took away the sock I was knitting. All cats are bossy. I've never been in there and not seen some big, gnarly looking man fussing over that cat. The one today petted her and called her pretty. Really, I've been there many times and never seen her get shooed away; always see her get smiles and pets.

Did I tell about DS's finger blister? Don't remember. There's a small ice cream freezer in the supermarket by a checkout line. DS put his finger in and it stuck to the wall. The idjit who he asked for a cup of water couldn't figure out where to find a cup and came back to ask him. So he was there a long time. It was a big puffy blister and I got him to put moleskin over it so he could work one day.

Well, it turned calously (does moleskin make the dead skin stick back to the wound?) and when he touches it, it tingles. I hope it's healing and not permanent nerve damage. Don't you hate when you kid tells you stuff like this? Like last year, he's calling with all the bad news. Bike stolen. Lost some remote control pointer required for physics. Line for Krishna lunch is a mile long.

Me: How are the roommates?

Him: OK

Me: Tell me about classes.

Him: They're fine.

but I get the bad news.

Kiwonk
08-29-2007, 05:08 PM
I've never been in there and not seen some big, gnarly looking man fussing over that cat.This could be the key to world peace.
Did I tell about DS's finger blister?

Don't you hate when you kid tells you stuff like this? Like last year, he's calling with all the bad news. Bike stolen. Lost some remote control pointer required for physics. Line for Krishna lunch is a mile long.
Yes, I remember the frozen digit story. Too bad it hasn't healed well. I know what you're saying about the bad news. Apparently that's where the saying "no news is good news" must have come from. The other thing I've noticed is that DD expects me to remember every little bump and scrape she may or may not have told me about -- heaven forbid if I forget that she has a cough or cramps or something. Pretty funny. I remember my mother couldn't remember for years that I was allergic to shrimp or that I so despised mustard that it made me want to :barf: And I do remember being incensed by that. Heehee. Turnabout's fair play, right?

Well, I have taken a shower, marinated the meat, vacuumed and swept, moved the rest of the boxes out of the porch, fixed some of the veggies and wiped up the coffee I spilled all over the refrigerator. Can I be done? DH is doing some dishes. Yay. :cheer:

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
08-29-2007, 07:36 PM
And that's not all the excitement around here. Would you believe DD called from work to say that she had heard that there was a hostage standoff at the grocery store in town! Sure enough the store and the roads around it were closed off and every police vehicle from miles around was there. But it turned out to be a bomb threat and has, according to the news, been "resolved". This is what happens to a peaceful little town when the major industry screws the pooch and unemployment runs rampant. And a lot of people in power like to take advantage of people's fears and institute unnecessary controls. Last year they locked down the middle and high schools because some kid wrote something stupid on a bathroom mirror that was interpreted as a threat. Then instead of letting up on the prison atmosphere this year, they are continuing it and spending all the money they might have used on, say, hiring enough teachers so they could educate the kids, and instead put in somebody's wet dream of a security system. I can hardly wait to see what the outcome is of today's mess.

Thanks to my current studies, I'm inclined to believe all the fear-mongering is being used to control people.

Did I tell about DS's finger blister? Don't remember. There's a small ice cream freezer in the supermarket by a checkout line. DS put his finger in and it stuck to the wall. The idjit who he asked for a cup of water couldn't figure out where to find a cup and came back to ask him. So he was there a long time. It was a big puffy blister and I got him to put moleskin over it so he could work one day.

Well, it turned calously (does moleskin make the dead skin stick back to the wound?) and when he touches it, it tingles. I hope it's healing and not permanent nerve damage. Don't you hate when you kid tells you stuff like this? Like last year, he's calling with all the bad news. Bike stolen. Lost some remote control pointer required for physics. Line for Krishna lunch is a mile long.

Sorry the finger still hurts. I still have pain in my face from cellulitis, and I had that two years ago. I think it will eventually get better.

Cowpernia
08-30-2007, 10:26 AM
I just wanna batch. Yesterday was one of batchy days. At the supermarket, I bought a book of stamps from another cashier. She was at the express lane and the customer she had was one of nose-in-air blank-minded people who seem unaware of anything. So the cashier was walking back and forth around the counter putting things in the woman's cart. She had about four bags which probably meant she had more items than express is meant for but anyway, I would NOT have been putting this stuff in the cart. She coulda done itself or left it there. So I waited for that.

Then the cashier takes the book of stamps out of the drawer and counts them. Two. Four. Six. Eight. Etc. I have no idea why. If one came off, there would be a blank spot.

Finally, when I can leave, she says, "You look tired. Are you OK?" She asks if I'm ok three times. She is not a doctor. She could not help me if I were not OK.

My first 20 or customers did things like hand me their money wadded in a ball or leave trash on the conveyor belt or talk on the cell phone or demand doubled paper bags so their food would not thaw on the five minute trip home. There are people who get chicken and put it in a plastic bag. So it's wrapped by the butcher and bagged by them. Still, they want to be very sure that it doesn't touch anything else.

And the angry woman was alone with me in the break room and kept referring the store as a hellhole and going on and on about the boss and his unfairness. I asked if she was looking for something else and she said NO. I was so sorry to hear that.

Kiwonk
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks to my current studies, I'm inclined to believe all the fear-mongering is being used to control people.
I'm inclined to think that too. It's political opportunism for the most part. I'm sure it will be disturbing to see the outcome of this incident. Apparently this was one of several extortion attempts (http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/08/30/bomb.threats/) by someone overseas. Interesting.

Speaking of fear, DD's bf has been training all week at his university for his new job in the police department. He told us about one of the training exercises, which was a reenactment of the Va Tech shootings. BF got shot several times. He arrived at our house yesterday directly from the training (well, and a 3-1/2 hour drive) and still had some fake blood on his shirt. :eek:
I just wanna batch.
Nice batch. Last time I got groceries, they were so ineptly bagged, I could hardly carry them into the house. I always ask for paper (because cheapskate, I mean environmentalist, that I am, I reuse each and every one of them for the kitchen garbage) and this tiny little girl bagged my order. The first one she filled she had trouble lifting and putting into the cart, so I pointed out that I would rather not have them so heavy that they are hard to pick up. She basically looked at me as if she had no brain and continued. I took things out of some of the bags and put them back on the counter so she had to put them in a different bag. I couldn't think of anything else to do. When I got them home, I found she had just thrown everything in the bags randomly. The box of Cascade d/w detergent was packed in contact with the meat. Direct contact. She packed a deli dish with a snap-on lid and liquid inside, on its side. One bag had nothing but cans in it.

There, that's my batch. Does that make me one of your awfuller customers? I don't complain much at the store, honest. And I hardly ever make them rebag anything in paper when they put it in plastic instead...

Our inlaw bbq went swimmingly. The food was good. DD's bf got here in time to grill the meat (that's what sons-in-law are for, right? So we're just letting him practice). We actually got to eat outside at the picnic table because, by some miracle there were no bugs until well after dinner. The dog behaved herself (although she jumped on my in-laws, but she settled down) so we let her wander the yard -- and she even came back when I called her.

We have an ant problem again. Every other day I've had to spray the garbage can. They are so annoying. The most annoying thing is that I feel compelled to apologize to them when I squish them. :rolleyes:

I think I'll go swimming today. It's nice and sunny and I have nothing I have to do, except shop for a car.

I take that back. I hear thunder.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
08-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I put cinnamon around where the ants were and they all went away. All of them. Away. Then we had a heavy rain and they all came back inside.

We have customers who insist on bagging their own stuff or who hover over the bagger and no one cares. I think you should hover. Grab out stuff that's delicate like deli dishes. Open up a bag yourself and put special stuff in it. That is not annoying. Handing the cashier four bills that she has to unfold and press out is annoying.

Complaining is when you go to the manager and say bad things. Telling the bagger/cashier how you want your food handled is commonplace and ok.

Kiwonk
08-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Complaining is when you go to the manager and say bad things. Tempting.

So the problem is my kitchen isn't spicy enough? I thought it was just not clean enough.

Kiwi

Cowpernia
08-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Spicy kitchen !!! Lol.... Here's a link. (http://www.thefrugallife.com/ants.html) It works.

Check out my blog. New format by lcp.

PainterWoman
08-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Sooooooooo sleepy.
but I'm here briefly. My friend T is on the mend.:carrot: Slowly.
DH got home this am after his flight last night was cancelled due to alleged bad weather. They said DFW was "iffy." I didn't hear a peep... no lightening, no leaves blowing, no rain. Who knows. anyway, I stayed up late and then had to get up early. Had a bit of a snooze when we got home, and am now off to visit T in the hospital and maybe work up enough nerve to buy oil paints! When in doubt... if you can't EAT, get another hobby! HA.

Kiwonk
08-31-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi Painty-- Glad your friend is better.

So far I am still killing ants one by one, but when I get back from my trauma weekend, I will contemplate spicing up the place. They sure had a variety of ideas on that website. I've tried vinegar; that worked pretty well. I can't really tell where they're coming from, which complicates things. But at least cinnamon will smell good.

Tomorrow we are going to pack all of DD's things into the truck and head down state to see a play. Actor friend is acting in his own play (that he wrote) for the first time. We've seen the play before, in Portland (with other actors); then it went to Broadway, and now it's at a summer theater and he's appearing in it. I can't wait to see it again, it's a lovely play. Then we are spending the night in some cheapo motel and heading to Boston Sunday morning. After we unload DD's stuff and find the storage unit she and her roommate and friends rented and unload all that, we will drag our tired selves back home.

I wonder how Bagz' trip to Boston was? They were going to see Tiger Woods in a tournament.

me tired too 'night

kiwi

Cowpernia
08-31-2007, 11:02 PM
If you need another hobby, pole dancing lessons are available nowadays.

Cowpernia
08-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Kiwi, cinnamon may stain so be careful with it. A local guy sells diaphanous earth for $3 a pound and it's know to take care of ants without chemicals but ... don't put it where you can track it around. It's like ashes. I'm thinking of getting some and putting it in a plastic dish then setting the catfood dish in that.

Kiwonk
08-31-2007, 11:13 PM
If you need another hobby, pole dancing lessons are available nowadays.You first.

Kiwonk
08-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Kiwi, cinnamon may stain so be careful with it. A local guy sells diaphanous earth for $3 a pound and it's know to take care of ants without chemicals but ... don't put it where you can track it around. It's like ashes. I'm thinking of getting some and putting it in a plastic dish then setting the catfood dish in that.Aren't you afraid the cat will eat some of it? The kitchen garbage can seems to be a popular place for my ants, so cinnamon won't hurt that. I wonder if cinnamon sticks work too?

All this talk of cinnamon is making me hungry.

k

Cowpernia
09-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I don't think they'd eat it but would it hurt them? I guess maybe it could. Now, I'm perplexed. I think they'd go around cinnamon sticks. You can get cinnamon cheap like at the dollar store.

Another thing I don't like about customers: certain little old ladies who will not straighten their elbows. They hand me money with their hand close to their little bodies so I have to lean over the counter and reach far out. Giving them their stupid receipt is the same thing in reverse. Why do they do that?

SugP
09-03-2007, 05:16 AM
Instead of doing the dishes I did some research and it seem like the stuff is only toxic to insects because it has microscopic razor-sharp edges that cut into their tiny little exoskeletons and dry them up. Yum. Humans and other warm blooded kitty-like creatures can digest it. But don't quote me on that.

Funny, we've got tons of ant nests outside however I rarely see one inside. My mother had a steady stream of the little nippers marching around her kitchen last summer and no one could figure out where they came from. We squished them while she wasn't looking. She's an ant-hugger. Mostly black flies and fruit flies here that sit on my bananas and drive me insane and .

I was so tired this morning that I feel asleep reading the newspaper in the living room and didn't wake up for 45 minutes. Feel even worse now. Must go clean up this tip.

Kiwonk
09-03-2007, 05:08 PM
I know the feeling, Sugar. I slept all morning and into the afternoon today. Just exhausted after whirlwind trip to parts south. On Saturday, DD spent the morning packing and then we got the truck packed (yeah, we had to take her to college in a pickup truck :o :lol: ), left early afternoon. DD's bf drove down too, and we all went to the fabulous play at this very cool theatre, Deertrees (http://www.deertreestheatre.org/). The play (http://www.almostmaine.com/) was sooo good. It's just a lovely thing. They said it was going to be performed overseas soon, too, so our friend John (http://www.deertreestheatre.org/What's%20new!.htm) is really getting on the map! We went out for a few beers after with John and his friends. He was shocked and amazed to see friends from high school and all over Maine at the performance.

We stayed overnight at a cheapo motel, which was absolutely fine, but it was funny because 5 minutes after we checked in, we looked out in the parking lot and it was full of bikers. Apparently some motorcycle event nearby. We had to get up early early early and head to Boston, where we spent the whole afternoon lugging stuff up stairs and hiking up hills (all the hills at Tufts are uphill). We got lost driving to the storage unit that DD and her friends had rented, and wasted almost an hour in heavy traffic, then loaded another truckful from the unit (which I must say was very slick -- this place had 4 floors of storage units; you had a security code to get in and then there were freight elevators, great big carts to load onto, garage doors to back your truck into; it was very easy, considering), and spent another hour or two unloading and lugging stuff up more stairs. :stress: Then we drove 6-7 hours home. We's pooped.

Gotta go pick up my doggy. She's waiting for me at the boarding kennel, no doubt drooling a giant puddle.

ta
Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-03-2007, 05:15 PM
I was reading through a mailing list I'm on and came across this nauseating post. Not the prayer part, the last sentence...

A Prayer/Positive Thought vigil has been initiated to help reunite
{a lost dog H} with {his owner S}. Please join in on the hour whatever your
time zone might be.
I've contacted my dead dogs, too, for additional help.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :ghost:

Bagzz
09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
WHOOOOOOOOO!!!! i so enjoyed watching Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson this past week!!! we were supposed to be there for two days but we loved it so much we stayed for three--AND THEN WE EVEN TRIED TO GET TICKETS FOR TODAYS FINAL!!!---but they were sold out--the first day you were allowed to take pics cause it was just a pro-amateur tournament so we took lots and ds got 22 autographs of the pros---including Phil's---and we just watched him wint the tournament on tv!!! so if you are a golf nut like dh and ds---it was a thrill--and it was a thrill for this girl too---even though i am not a golfer---i do love seeing STARS like tiger up close!!!====we were standing less than ten feet away from them at many times during the rounds---you just could wander around the course as you pleased ,taking in different holes etc-----i would say it was quite a thing for a 13 year old boy and his old man too!!! we didn't even bother going into Boston at all!!!====sooooooooooooooo ---that was a nice end to the summer----the best part of it all was==when we returned home dd23 from denmark had returned and was home to greet us=====there was a bit of a bawling session as we reunited-----so wonderufl to see her sweet face once again----i had not seen her except in photos for EIGHT MONTHS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I still can't believe it!!!======i hope you all are well---i will read up on your partying soon!!xoxoxoxoxo --ps---the donald looked a fright---he was playing in the pro-amateur on thursday----YIKES!!!! I FEEL SORRY FOR NIRVANIA,OR MELVANIA,OR TATANIA OR WHATEVER HER NAME IS----money just does not make up for everything!!

Kiwonk
09-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Wow, what an awesome excursion that turned out to be! Yeah, you're not kidding about the Donald. That pic on facebook is a real fright.

Got my puppydog back. Not as exciting as having your DD home, but I take what excitement I can.

kiwi

Kiwonk
09-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Hi kids! I'm writing to the National Enquirer as we speak! heehee

Where is everrrrbuddy? It's September, time to turn over a new leaf. Next Monday I'm going to the Monday weigh-in. By Christmas I'll be a twig!

Fall always energizes me. How's the job front, Peachie? How's the darling d from overseas, Bagz? Where's Schatzi and Sugar and Wabby and Painty and Cherry?

Kiwi

Bagzz
09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
hello miss bright eyed and bushy tailed kiwonk!!---dd is great--she misses her danish delight though---he is planning a trip here next month so that will be great----i am feeling dizzy/lightheaded today--i looked it up on the mental pause sights and it seems common??anyone???

Cowpernia
09-05-2007, 09:37 PM
I posted. I did. Yesterday.

What I said was I feel like the guy in Stranger Than Fiction except my life is being written by Franz Kafka.

I wish I had something to say. Maybe after my something arrives from Kiwi I will think of something. Kissy hug hug

Kiwonk
09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Oh, yeah, I think I was dizzy for a year.

What does the danish dalliance do -- is he a student?

I have sent out 4 offers...do you think anyone will bite?

Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-05-2007, 09:54 PM
I never saw that movie. How did you post before me? Is that part of the Fiction?

Kiwonk
09-07-2007, 01:25 PM
HeY YoU!! WheRe hAvE yOu bEEn???

Get in here and blab, dish or rant.

Bagzz
09-07-2007, 02:26 PM
i am here----i am at work----i am still lightheaded and kind of off balance---on the mental pause sights it is mentioned many times---are you serious kiwonkers about being dizzy---it makes me mad---i don't like the sensation-----i feel like donald trump.

Wabby
09-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I'm at home. With my computer. I will continue to monitor the herd from this location. I'm supposed to sign on the business Monday.... but then again, I was supposed to sign on Aug. 30th too. Lawyers love to send emails back and forth. Then I'm going to hang out w/ my sil for a week before I face the boxes of files and flotsam and jetsam that followed me home from the office........ and I'm starting a class on the 25th called "Life Transitions". Bleeeh. My life is still really sucky. OK. I'm watching you guys. :mag:

Cowpernia
09-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't think Kiwi has been through minnowpause so she don't know nuthin'. I have been there and don't remember anything about dizziness. Course, I do remember memory problems so who knows. No, I don't think I had issues with dizziness.

Wabby, you are the alpha cow and must come and lead us. I know there are bossier cows here who will moo you out of the way, but still you are Queen Cow. Post more. Tell us about the class and and the lawyers and the weather. Bad there isn't it?

Bagzz
09-07-2007, 09:51 PM
ohhhhhhh wabster!!! glad you have the puter at homebase!!!! now you can post orders on the weekend----excellent!!!!----cowpern----i want to hear about people who are having my problem---i also had your problem--i can't remember anything or where i put anything of even what i did a minute ago-----it is very disconcerting-----i read on the menopause site about 'disturbing memory lapses'====haaaaaaaaaaaaaa i am totally disturbed-----

Cowpernia
09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Shy, I once married a man who lost his short term memory in an automobile accident. I know how frustrating it is. Bagzie is just going through mineralpause. I don't know what to say about that. Just keep forgiving yourself and forgive others, too. I remember how angry I felt when old creepy Herbie invited all these people to lunch at Christmastime. They came because he paid for the lunches and he gave them gifts. He couldn't remember one woman's name and she sat there, all tight lipped, and glared. She wouldn't help him a bit. Everybody has these problems and there's no need to take it personally. Your problem will pass, Bagzie. I now remember everything .. well, not everything but I think I do remember things other people forget. I try to remember not to take it personally, too, even when it's about me.

Kiwonk
09-08-2007, 12:18 AM
--i feel like donald trump.Well, at least you don't look like Donald Trump.

I don't think Kiwi has been through minnowpause so she don't know nuthin'. Ha. Been there and back!
I now remember everything .Hmph.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1408918&postcount=52
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1496539&postcount=50
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1682541&postcount=64
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1686632&postcount=75

I'm watching you guys. :mag:Well, I'm glad you are keeping an eye on us. We need it... Hey, have you ever wanted to become a Master Gardener? Did I already ask you that? Must be the mentalpause. :s: Anyway my friend who lives near you is one and she loves it. You would be very good at that.

I actually went swimming today! The water was kind of cold, but very refreshing and I washed my hair in the lake. :hyper: Jet still won't go into the water over her elbows, although if I splash her she gets very excited and jumps in and out of the water pretending she's going to eat me. I sat on a rock out of the water for a while and she wandered through the shallow water up and down the shore like she was just trying to get to know it, or something. Maybe someday she will swim.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? Well, today I hosed down the storm door again to rinse the bat poo off, and surprise surprise a bat wiggled its way out of the crack where the window goes and flew off. Fortunately I had the door propped open so that the opening was on the other side. I screamed, threw down the hose, ran inside and slammed the door. Then I felt kind of bad for scaring the dog who was tied up right outside the door, so I had to open the door back up and let her in. :lol: I sure wish I could get over being so askeered. Today I watched Snakes on a Plane, which was sooo stupid. They should have made a movie called Bats in Your Storm Door.

Take care all, have a nice weekend.

Kiwi

Bagzz
09-08-2007, 06:51 AM
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/18560.php\
kiwonkers----stay away from the effin bats---i saw this girl on the today show and she took forever to learn to walk and talk again==============WATCH OUT!!!!!! YOU ARE MAKING ME NERVOUS----your swim sounded yummy!

Cowpernia
09-08-2007, 11:50 AM
First, I was all flattered that Kiwi had gone to find posts that proved I didn't remember stuff. I expected "I can't remember where I put the cat food." So I was thrown off. Then I realized she was poking my riblets for not remembering that she has changed stages of life. Well, gosh durn. You are so young.

Shy, I'm glad you have such a great family. My ex writes on his hand, leaves papers by the door, never throws out anything. You do that? My son says the stove is unusable because it's covered in stuff. That's probably good. I don't think he should use it. He can't cook anyhow. I remember he could heat chili from a can and throw a can of mexicorn over that and cal it a meal. He could do that in a microwave.

Speaking of forgetting, can anyone here relate to the assistant principal who forgot her baby was in the car? I know she forgot and didn't leave the baby there on purpose but when ds was that age, he was all I thought about.

Kiwonk
09-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Then I realized she was poking my riblets for not remembering that she has changed stages of life. Well, you know it's all about ME, right? I knew you'd appreciate the extra effort. Will I get Bonus Points?
Speaking of forgetting, can anyone here relate to the assistant principal who forgot her baby was in the car? I know she forgot and didn't leave the baby there on purpose but when ds was that age, he was all I thought about.I used to worry about that a lot. Now and then, I think I almost forgot DD when she was a baby. But, since, like you, she was all I thought about, that always broke through the mental fog I was in. Honestly I would think with the huge pressure most mothers put on themselves, it would be amazing if they didn't screw up. What I remember most from DD's infancy is the feeling of being mentally overwhelmed with everything, and I wasn't working and had only one kid!

I will admit to forgetting to pick DD up for an orthodontist appt once. That sort of thing doesn't usually happen twice because of the raft of **** you get from the kid. We used to have arguments about whether it was okay for me to be a couple of minutes late picking her up sometimes. My argument was that I spent about 3 hours every week waiting for her, she could jolly well wait for me now and then. Didn't fly.

It has turned into summer again here, after it seemed we were done with that. Hot and humid. Maybe another swim is in order. I think you should all come join me.

Speaking of visiting, we had some unexpected overnight guests the other night; they came with their own inflatable mattress, conveniently, so they set up camp on DD's floor (they'd have been able to sleep on her bunk beds, if she hadn't removed the bottom bunk this summer to use the space for storage). They brought their little Chinese Crested who's still got pins and hardware in her leg from an old break that got complicated. So she couldn't play with Jet, who was absolutely desperate to play with her. Ah well, maybe next summer.

Don't worry, Bagz, the bats make me nervous too. We haven't seen any in the house in more than a month, but the hot weather is what precipitates that, so I'm VERY wary!

Later gators
Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-08-2007, 03:58 PM
Bagzoid, I watched a Danish movie this morning. From it, I surmise that bf was a blonde child but now brunette, is tall and drinks a lot of wine. He will behave well but be complex with generosity masking underlying selfishness. The film was "After the Wedding." It was highly recommended in Newsweek or something. I woulda liked it more if it had a happy ending that tied everything together. I don't think writers or storytellers are done until they finish the story. Maybe it was finished but the finish wasn't suitable.

Now I am bored.

Editing: When ds was in babyhood, I didn't even talk about anything else. When I went to school, the schoolwork centered around him. I mean, if I had a project, he figured in the project. When I worked, all I thought about was fetching him. When I left him with others, I connived how to sneak up and see how they were treating him. I was a raging bore. Ok, am a rging bore.

Kiwonk
09-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I was a raging bore. Ok, am a rging bore.I disagree. You can be a raging boar if you want. But really, not boring.
I forget things like how to spell ( of ). ...

You should hear my daughter, .. " Mom its ok, it doesn't matter which hand you use. JUST PICK ONE.It sounds very frustrating!! How old is your daughter? Kids are great for a reality check now and then, aren't they?

Well, DH is roasting a chicken for the company he invited over. Seems fair, eh?

I'm making a weird birthday card. I was going to morph one picture into another, but it's too hard. hmmm :chin:

Kiwi

SugP
09-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Hi darling cowies!

I've had a headache for a week and m-i-l gave me a cubic ton of plums to do something with. And I'm still fat and haven't even gone through the mentalpause yet. And my house is a mess. Bleh. Oh yeah and did you hear that Germany just narrowly missed being attacked by terrorists??? Same old. Same old.

Also...I am mesmerized following the case of Madeleine McCann on Sky News and at this kraaazy forum (http://forums.mirror.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=31). Holy smokes - this whole thing is more bizarre than a Ruth Rendell mystery! That poor dear little girl. There are some disturbed people in this world.:?:

Hi Wabs!!! Good to know you're out there. :hug:

Cowpernia
09-10-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi darling Sugar and herd,

I'm still mesmerized by the assistant principal who forgot her baby was in the car all day. It's reported that she's left the baby in the car before as she picked up an older child just recently and told her to hurry as the baby was alone in the car. After working at Head Start for a year, I know I'm not the only mom who would have started that donut-carrying-process by taking out the stroller, putting baby in stroller and baby and me would go back and forth with the donuts. Those Head Start moms didn't just pop in, grab up the four-year-old and go back to baby. They took the time to haul baby around with them. I just don't get how people think.

Yesterday, I had this cute man customer who said "How are you?" like everyone else. I looked at the bagger and said, "What did that other man say? HORRIBLE!! I can only get better!" Well, he smiled the sweetest smile and I saw that his cap said nj.com so I asked what that was and it's a newspaper in new jersey that he doesn't work at but is affiliated with via his own business. I said you don't talk like that. Like what, he asked sweetly. Like a Soprano. Well, we all don't, he said, and .. I'm from Cananda.

SugP
09-10-2007, 10:38 AM
Well, we all don't, he said, and .. I'm from Cananda.
Heee! :D:D:D Was he wearing a wedding ring? Did you ask for his number? I hear life is pretty sweet in NJ. You could check up on Lushy now and then.

Kiwonk
09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
I hear life is pretty sweet in NJ. You could check up on Lushy now and then.Yes, life must be great in NJ; there's no time to get online and talk to your cyberfriends... :rollpin: Why isn't there a pouting smiley? I need that a lot.
Kiwi
Oh my gosh bats in your storm door, you made me laugh so hard. We have bats that live in our apple trees. I love the things as long as they don't try to land on me lol.I would love the bats too if they lived in the apple trees. Unfortunately they live in our roof, in our attic, in the eaves. And when we don't chase them out, in the storm door :rolleyes: The other day there was an absolute swarm of dragonflies zipping around the yard. I think we should make a deal with the dragonflies to eat all the bugs and "take over the territory" from the bats.
Those Head Start moms didn't just pop in, grab up the four-year-old and go back to baby. They took the time to haul baby around with them. I wonder if there's any wiggle room there -- naturally you wouldn't leave a baby in the car when it's hot or cold, or not parked in a safe place. But am I mistaken or is it common practice in Europe to leave a baby in its carriage or pram parked outside a store or restaurant in some places? I can't see it myself, how could you ever get the thought of someone walking off with your baby out of your head, but I'm sure I've heard of that.

Here's a scenario: if you strapped your baby in the carseat in your driveway and realized you'd forgotten your car keys, would you really get him out and take him inside with you while you grab your keys? That is assuming your driveway is near your door, not 12 stories down or something.

Seems to me it's a judgment call, and unfortunately some people's judgment isn't so good. Maybe the fact that the woman in Ohio had gotten used to leaving the baby in the car while she went in to get her older child contributed directly to her forgetting the child that day. Scary.

I can't believe the furor over poor little Maddy. People are so obsessed with this kind of story. I can't wade through all the info; is there any real reason to suspect the parents? She is the most darling little girl, very sad.

Kiwi

Cherry Cow
09-10-2007, 04:33 PM
The story about Madeleine McCann is really hard to follow.

I was one of those moms who took the baby everywhere, even if I had to go back and get keys. But I also know that I was able to do that because I only had one baby and one seven-year-old. People with more than one small child have so many things to keep in mind!

Bagzz
09-10-2007, 05:57 PM
peachy---did the baby suffocate?? i missed the story----it seems that happens alot in the summer months=----there are always a few horror stories====speaking of which----FOUR sixteen year old friends---young men,were killed on saturday night as they passed a car that had friends of theirs on the way to a party---i think that is like what happened in new york after graduation---teens not paying attention---having fun,speeding----no alcohol ----just foolish crazy driving---they were in a toyota echo---a teeny tiny car---and hit a pickup truck---all four of them instantly killed ---people in pick up treated and released from hospital====all friends,all from the same highschool about an hour and half from here-----just heartbreaking--cause we all know of incidents involving our younger selves or our own kids that have been hair raising-----------sometimes it is all too much

Cowpernia
09-10-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh how that scares me, Bagz. DS drives a teeny tiny car. I hate for him to even come home.

The assistant principal's baby died because the inside of the car got up to 150 degrees F. The baby was there all day as the mom just forgot about her.

Kiwi ... if baby DS had been in teh carseat and I left something like my glasses (not keys .. wouldn't lock the house door without keys in hand) inside, I would leave his door open and run inside UNLESS he started screaming when I got out of sight. He did that when he old enough to know who I was. Then he'd go with. This, like you said, is with the car 10 feet from the door and no one passing by. I would not close him up in the car alone.

Somebody please tell me what to do.
A. Should I pay $61 fingerprinting and $37.50 drug testing to sub teach in a county where I expect little work and it would be hard to accept calls as I'd be working at night.
B. Ask the supermarket if I can go fulltime.
C. Something else?

Bagzz
09-10-2007, 10:29 PM
ohhhhhhh peachers----------it is so hard to decide---what if a pregnancy leave came up or something----i can see it being so tiring to sub teach AND work at the supermarket------maybe you should keep on at the supermarket and also keep submitting resumes for teaching jobs-----what an arse pain=====

Cowpernia
09-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Did you know that it's now illegal to reincarnate in China? That is, you have to get special permission, first.

It is an arse pain. I would like to kick some arses. I would like to kick some arses in the arse.

Bagz, tell us about the Danish delight. What does he eat for example. How many languages does he speak? What does he think of Bush? Does he like Jerry Lewis? Isnt' Denmark the country that doesn't have to pay port fees (whatever the term is) in England because they were the only nation willing to go there during the Black Plague and throw food so people could eat? They sound so nice.

Kiwonk
09-11-2007, 03:05 AM
The baby was there all day as the mom just forgot about her. I was just reading some of the news reports about it. One of the things that struck me as horrendous was the fact that she admitted that she didn't think about the child after she took a detour to get donuts. So, she went in the bakery and ordered some 8 dozen or something donuts, waited for them, paid for them, carried them out to her car, opened the car door and placed the donuts somewhere -- dozens!! How do you put dozens of donuts in your car without noticing AT ALL your child in the back seat???? Then she drove to school, parked by a back door to unload the donuts, which took 2 trips, reparked the car and went in to the school. Think of how long all this took -- and this was a 2 year old, not an infant!! She didn't talk to her child the whole time? The child didn't make any noise? How can you do all those things without speaking to your child? I could understand if it was a tiny baby that was asleep, but a toddler, with all that stopping and going and door opening and closing? I don't buy it. There's something wrong with this story.

Somebody please tell me what to do.
C. Something else?Go twist somebody's arm in the school department. They forgot to hire you. Forgetting is all the rage these days, right? ;)

If the schools there are anything like here, subbing is nearly a full time job anyway! Your problem would be if they can't get hold of you. Can't you keep a cellphone with you and ask them to leave a message on it when you can't answer it immediately? Of course a lot of the calls are early in the A.M. Does sound exhausting working evenings, then being available to sub. blah.

I wonder what happens to people who try to reincarnate without permission? Especially since they outlawed limbo. :dizzy:

Hey, my German grandparents would have been Danish if their parents hadn't emigrated. Or was it the other way around? They came from an area that has changed hands between the 2 countries. Sugar can tell me. Right?

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-11-2007, 11:04 AM
They got it on the school surveillance camera. The car is an SUV and the donuts were in the back so she opened the back of the car and couldn't see the baby. I think it's like Reefer Madness. One thing leads to another. If you allow yourself, just once, to make donuts a priority over your child, then soon it's a habit and baby is forgotten. I mean she had a habit of leaving the baby alone in the car whereas most moms don't develop that habit.

The reincarnation thing is aimed at the Dali Lama. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20227400/site/newsweek/)

An old man went up a young girl cashier yesterday, pointed at a young male European employee and said, "He didn't wash his hands after he pooped." She found this interesting and entertaining and repeated the story in the breakroom where there were several people, including one manager. The young man was there, too. The manager said to him, "A customer said you didn't wash your hands?!" and he answered, "I know." Soon he was fired. The young cashier feels like a narc and we're all considering washing our hands now.

Cowpernia
09-11-2007, 12:29 PM
Wow. We're twins. I hate my hair, too. But I'm AFRAID my ds will to another country. What's wrong with your lungs that makes the doctor so afraid? You need kefir.

Cowpernia
09-11-2007, 02:56 PM
Am so confused. Are you Little Red Riding Hood? Wolf sounds nice.

Kiwonk
09-11-2007, 08:16 PM
The reincarnation thing is aimed at the Dali Lama. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20227400/site/newsweek/)Well, that's just mean. Also pretty funny that China thinks they can legislate something like that. You'd think they'd be concerned that they'll be a global laughing stock.
we're all considering washing our hands now.:lol3:

I do not have to gall bladder surgery! Yay! The surgeon said it is his favorite surgery :dracula:, but he doesn't feel it would be of any help to me, since I'm not having classic symptoms of gallstones. Apparently lots of people have gallstones without any problems. He wants me to come back in 6 weeks or so and if I'm still feeling nauseous, maybe he'll get to shove a scope down my throat or something. He seemed, um, enthusiastic about the prospect. Strange man.

Think I'll go make some dinner. DH might appreciate that...

Kiwi

Kiwonk
09-12-2007, 06:51 PM
HEY! Wha'appened to my post? Coulda sworn I posted earlier.

The wind is blowing very hard, so naturally our electricity is unreliable. Flickers, y'know. I guess when the computer flickered it ate my post.

I am doing this (http://www.mindlesseating.org/challenge_survey.htm). Who knows, maybe it will help moi.

Pardon me for being On Topic for a moment. :o

Kiwi

Cowpernia
09-13-2007, 03:37 PM
I clicked on that and they wanted to agree to something really lengthy..

What's wrong with these words?

As I walk along I wonder
What went wrong with our love
A boat that goes so strong.
I'm a walkin in the rain
Hear enough and I feel the pain
Wishin you were here with me
To end this misery
I wonder
I wah wah wah wah wonder
Why
Why why why why why she went away
My little runaway
My run run run run runaway

We have Snickers here .. are Flickers mint-flavored Snickers?

Bagzz
09-13-2007, 04:26 PM
i can't read all those words--they are longer than a weight-loosing site----kiwonkers---tonight is the night i go to see Loreena----i am so thrilled-----first i am going to the wine bar---if i am going to feel dizzy there may as well be a reason!!!!!-----http://www.quinlanroad.com/----that is her website------

Cowpernia
09-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Well, Kiwi, tell us about the thingie. I didn't know what it wanted me to agree with.

I have a question for Sugar. I read that in Europe people eat a lot of cabbage but here we rarely eat cabbage. So I ate some. How do those Europeans deal with the vast gas it produces??????

Cowpernia
09-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Rant. I am p-o-ed off. I am actually p-o-ed at a lot of people but here's one. When DS was in 10th grade (he changed schools after that) I worked at a job that gave me Thursdays off and every Thursday, I went to the high school and volunteered in the library. There was the librarian and her assistant who was not dependable. The asst didn't show up a lot or was late or her back hurt and she couldn't shelve books. She met a guy on the internet (he owned a condom manufacturing company) and ran off shortly before the end of the year and they put a substitute in there. Then the job came open and I applied but they hired the sub. I had known the sub for years and knew her to be a flakey person with a flakey dh. They hired her of course. The principal told me he was hiring her but he expected another job to open up and he would put me in there. Never happened.

Well, he got moved to a different, smaller school. That school's librarian is on maternity leave and they have a temporary job open til she's back. I called him about it and not matter what I said, he changed the subject. I really want to throw pie in his face. I could tell by the way he said "it's just a temporary job" that he was implying it was valueless and I shouldn't want it and he had already promised it to someone. I hate himmmmm.

Then another school has a job open that I applied for and they filled. I don't know what happened to that teacher but h*ll h*ll h*ll. That principal just doesn't take phone calls. h*llllllll.

Let's see what else. At the store, I am being given crappy hours. Well, no one is happy with their hours as the tourists are gone and hours are being cut til the snowbirds get there but the d*mned store closes at 10:00 and he will schedule me til 11:00. So what this means is when the last customer leaves, I leave and that's usually 10:10 so I'm being short-changed on those hours.

And then there's this little cop-in-training (really) who has been moved into the customer service sector. He's supposed to stand on the floor and help the cashiers. He thinks this means he stands on the floor and the cashiers and baggers have to do what he says. When he barks at me, I can bark back as he is too silly but we have these foreign kids who are smart and hard working and lovely and I saw him go up to this young man and say, "You've been over at the deli for TWO HOURS goofing off." He emphasized two hours but I had to say, "He's been right here bagging for me." He insisted on two hours and I insisted back. Then he walks past and snaps the command "Bag" to this young man who is ALWAYS BUSY and helpful and a gentleman but whose English doesn't allow him to argue well. I snapped back "Please?" and told me he had said please several times and wouldn't say it again. So he's a jerk.

I got the young man to teach me how to say "idiot" in Russian. Very useful.

Besides that, my metabolism had died off. I no more have a chance to loose weight.

And, we had three people drown at the beach on the weekend. Two were father and son who were trying to help a daughter who was in trouble. We have rescue people come into the store after work sometimes and one told me he was really tired and had just pulled someone out of the water. These are not lifeguards. They're EMS people with the fire department. He says the tourists know the danger but ... the father and son went to help the girl. What else could they do? Heartbreaking.

And I have no life to go with my no metabolism.

Shy is going to teach me to play Euchre and I downloaded the thingie, Shy, but am too depressed/p-o-ed/anxious these days.

SugP
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, people do eat it alot here in all different forms - raw in salads, as saurkraut, cooked for cabbage rolls etc. I guess they just get used to it. How have you been preparing it?

Bagzz
09-14-2007, 11:01 PM
oh peachers i can relate to your depression--this morning my friend who had breast cancer { and two sons aged 11 and 12 } passed away---- she was 48i was at a wake this week for a friend and neighbour who died of a brain tumour-- she was 53---she was a single parent to a 20 year old daughter and went in the hospital in july with headaches and earaches =====she never got out of the hospital----and another friend who is my age had a mastectomy a few weeks ago and just lost all her hair after the first chemo treatment-----my friend with colon cancer is in remission for awhile but she does have stage four so it already had spread---------my friends and i are singing at the funeral this week in nova scotia--------so this week has been depressing -----i am so shocked that so many people i know are experiencing this horrible cancer life

Cowpernia
09-14-2007, 11:11 PM
That is horrible, Bagz!! So stressful to have one person you know in that situation but you have so many. Take care of YOURSELF!!! Eat those blueberries please.

Sugar, I put the cabbage in soup. How long can it take to get used to it? I read all these ways it's good for you. Helps build bones. Helps stomach problems. Wonderful food apparently.

Bagzz
09-15-2007, 11:40 AM
thanks peach---i do love those blueberries i must say--last night i did eat lobster but unfortunately i ate two pieces of apple pie----i need to get on some mental pause forum---i feel like i am going nuts----all i do is worry all the live long day and night---last night dd23 got in at 4:45 am---now ,she lives here and can come and go as she pleases,but for the life of me i could NOT get to sleep until she came in----she was fine,out at a party and felt terrible that i had stayed awake,but i just can't seem to stop WORRYING ABOUT EVERY DAMN THING----- ds13 wants to go play football behind this creepy arena in the area, and there is a playground and soccer field behind the arena that are well kept but i keep worrying that CREEPS will be after him or his friends will run away on him---and dd21 drives a BIKE in traffic everyday to school in a big city with crazy drivers ---SO IT SEEMS UNLESS I GET CONTROL OF THIS WORRYING I WILL LIKELY DRIVE MYSELF INSANE---- plus all my friends seem to be sick or dying and my sporadic dizziness has me thinking i am going nuts or have a brain tumour------------THERE---IS THAT ENOUGH FOR NOW--- i have to go to WORK---- maybe some customer service will distract me from my mental merry go round.

Bagzz
09-15-2007, 11:42 AM
oh yes and both the mother and the mil are feeling neglected and have no trouble mentioning it on any and every occasion -------------------i may have to disable my phone.

Cowpernia
09-15-2007, 12:06 PM
kiwi has not posted for 3 days !!!!!!

Well, obviously you have a right to feel stressed, Bagzie. When ds is home, I can't sleep til he comes home either. Are there no adults where your ds wants to play? I was like that when my ds was first driving. In fact, I'm like that now. There was a period of my life, years, when I had headaches more than not. When I didnt' have a headache, I went around telling people. Now, I'm depressed more than not. When moments come that I'm not depressed, I feel like telling someone. This woman suggested I go on antidepressants but what f-ing good would that do? I'd still have the problems and SHOULD be depressed, I think.

Bagzz
09-15-2007, 04:25 PM
this very day i felt i would benefit from antidepressants----why feel depressed even if you should BE depressed---kiwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii----get the eff back here---i am starting a new thread