30-Somethings - Happy New Year 12/30/01~~~

View Full Version : Happy New Year 12/30/01~~~

RoadRunner
12-30-2001, 11:03 AM
Good Morning!!!!
I have been resting all day yesterday in bed and decided to get up awhile...I started spotting on and off soo I am on house arrest the next few days with very limited activity...I have been a nervous wreck since yesterday, but when I called the DR she said not to worry cuz the baby and placenta was healthy on Friday and that spotting is normal..It kind of freaks me out to see bleeding....
Well, what is on the agenda for New Years?????DH and I are renting a movie and watching it with popcorn and then some Sparkling Apple Cider at midnight!!!!!!!

Take it easy all!!!!If I dont get back, I will be back to tell everyone the test results Wed...Say a prayer please!!!!!
RR

Rabbit
12-30-2001, 12:05 PM
HI. I'm back, but not a lot of you are around this weekend! I've been doing a little "healthy & fitness reading" these past couple of days to get the mind in the right frame! I started counting points again Friday and that's gotta be a good thing.

Speaking of reading, I'm reading the first Harry Potter book now - what a great book!

Have not calculated my mileage yet, will just wait until the end of the year I guess & post it then.

Pryia - hope your new start on the 26th is going well for you!

RR - I'll say a little prayer.:) ~ New year's eve - we are staying home also.

RABBIT

LBH
12-30-2001, 01:17 PM
Hi All,

RR- I will be praying for you and baby...just stay calm and relaxed...of course you know that already!

Rabbit- Glad you're back to counting points. Doesn't it just make you feel more in control when you do? I realized that today, as today is the day I've decided to seriously count and plan.

We have tentative plans to spend New Year's Eve with DH's parents, doesn't that sound like fun? :rolleyes: MIL mentioned Christmas Eve that FIL would love it if we did. We really didn't even talk about any other plans, so it's no big deal. AF if here anyway...a week early, :s: , so it's not like I had any hot night planned!! :lol:

It's 1:20 and I have not had lunch yet, DH just woke up from his Sunday AM nap in time for the game...although he can't find it on the TV!! :lol: Poor guy, sitting there with the remote in hand, Giants helmet on his head, and little Giants mascot guy on the coffee table watching the game...but he doesn't know what channel it's on!! :lol: But anyway, the point I was getting at was, I don't know what I'm having for lunch, but I have started making dinner, spaghetti and turkey meatballs. I tried something new, bought some toasted wheat germ and have been sprinkling it on my oatmeal, but decided to sprinkle some in the turkey mix, just to see if you can taste it and if so, if it tastes ok. Hopefully it doesn't suck, because that'll be a pound of ground turkey down the drain! (At least it was buy 1/get 1 free!)

Starving, think I'll go have a yogurt while I decide what to eat! :D Have a great day all!!

BigFatBooty
12-30-2001, 05:20 PM
Just a quick post, in the middle of something, but am saying a prayer for you too RR and the baby :love:

Bev
12-30-2001, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I am new and I just wanted to say hi . I am 34 so I fit right in here. I am doing ww but with the high protein option. I am just trying to see if I am eatting too many carbs because my weight loss has been really slow.

I have really fallen off the wagon with the holidays so I have gained some more weight so I really need to get this weight under control.

Can anyone start a thread for their food journal?

well I look forward to talking to everyone

bev:dizzy:

LBH
12-30-2001, 06:47 PM
Hi All,

Bev- Welcome!! Many of us have fallen off the wagon this month, so you fit right in!! We're here to help each other jump back on!! If you would like to start a thread for your food journal, that's fine...whatever helps you! I don't like posting it all the time, but it keeps things in perspective for me.

BFB- Hope things are good with you! Staying away from the paprika pringles, I hope?!

I'm rather impressed with myself tonight. DH made icecream yesterday, which I had some last night, but tonight I resisted and stuck with a TCBY pop instead! I'm .5 pts. over for the day, but hey, it's better than 10 or more pts. over!! WooHoo!!

Man, I have been on this darn computer all day!! You'd think I've seen every website known by now, ya' know?! :lol:

Anyway, off to surf some more!

happyface
12-30-2001, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone! I am back! :)

Christmas was wonderful!! I just loved the whole thing! :)

My SIL got engaged. That was a wondeful surprise! We left at 3am on the 26th and got to my parents' place in Wva at about 10:30am! From that point on it snowed the entire time we were there! (Thanks, Pry, for sending it over! :)) We skied for 3 days and then drove home today. We had a fabulous time! I will be weighing in tomorrow to see how that went. I really don't have a clue. At times I know I ate too much but then I was also very active and at other times I was very hungry... we will see!

RR, I am so glad you saw the baby moving. I have to admit I was scared while reading the story. I am anxious to see what else you find out. I will say a prayer. I have the "Girlfriends" book. It was the best book I read during my pregnancy! I have given it to several friends since!

Pry, I thought of you on the 26th! How is it going? :) I'm so happy for you starting over.

LBH, sounds like a great Christmas. Hope FIL is doing better! Saw the end of the Giants game. Sorry, it was a 4:00 game. Exciting but they lost by 3. :(

Welcome Bev! :) We are happy to have newcomers!

Rabbit, sounds like you are getting your head together and that is a great thing! I read the Harry Potters and became addicted! I loved them all!! I really came to care about those kids! I can't stand waiting for another one! :)

WEll tomorrow is New Year's Eve. We have standing plans. This is the 12th one in a row. We have always celebrated with my best friend. She and her husband and my husband and I started celebrating in 1990/91 when we were all unmarried. They came over to my husband's apartment and spent the night and ever since then we have done that. We have since all gotten married and had children and bought houses and minivans... the works! :) They are still coming and still spending the night. We usually videotape the evenings activities and it is so funny! We make resolutions and everything. It is so much fun! This year we are in this townhouse with small amounts of space but it will be cozy and fun anyway.

Ok, talk to you all soon! :)

Have a great New Year's!
:)dani

momsince96
12-30-2001, 11:47 PM
HI!
Hope I can join!! As of today (12/30) I am 30 years old and fit into the 30-somethings group! :)
I am going to start back at WW next week, when the kiddies return to school. For now I just want to read and be motivated by all your enthusiasm.
I'll go fill out a bio so you can see what my deal is, but I read where this is the place to introduce myself... so to all of you - HELLO!

Kathryn

happyface
12-31-2001, 02:21 AM
Welcome Momsince96! :) You caught my attention right away, since I am also a mom-since-96. :) My son is 5. I loved your bio in the "hobby" section! :)

I hope we can be very helpful and supportive. This is a nice group to be with! I am starting over (again) too. Congratulations on being a lifer! That is a great achievement! I understand that you will be mainly reading, but post as often as you like! We could always use some more support too. :) OH, Happy Birthday!!

:)dani

LBH
12-31-2001, 10:00 AM
Hi All,

Dani- Sounds like a great Christmas and great plans for New Year's Eve!! I wish we had friends like that, that we are soo close to. My brother and SIL have been going out for the past few years with her sister and BIL. We don't have many married friends, just his friend who has 2 kids, that live fairly close, but they never go out. We went there a couple years ago for NYE. My friend that moved to MD, that same year we had dinner with them, then went to his friend's! Neither of us can remember what we did last year!! Anyone here happen to have a really good memory?! :lol: Oh, you should've heard DH at the end of the game!! I was like, hon, it's only a game!! He was yelling at the refs, and the announcers!! :lol:

Kathryn- Welcome and Happy Birthday!! :D Hope that 2002 is the year that you get back to Lifetime status!! :D

I have to make the pumpkin pie for today for tomorrow at my Aunt's. And I am going to pack the one box I have with stuff in my linen closet. I'm also going to designate a corner for stuff that I'm moving to my mom's basement, not the new place, since we don't have much storage there.

Have a great day, and Happy New Year all!!! :D

RoadRunner
12-31-2001, 10:04 AM
Good Morning!!!
Feeling much better today...still spotting on and off but never any cramping...Just staying home for the next 2 days and taking it easy..I cant wait to get to the healthclub and start back....

WELCOME TO THE NEWCOMERS!!!!!!!!!
Always great to get new people!!!!Post and get to know everyone!!!!!!

Kathryn---U have a busy schedule with those childrens ages!!!Twins???I wanted them bad but I think I am happy just "cooking" the one I have now!!!Happy Birthday!!!!

Bev--Lauren keeps the food journal thread going weekly!!!

Dani-NY's sounds great!!!It will be more cozy this year!!!!Yeah on the snow!!Here, it is in the 30-'s and raining soo we have a nasty day today!!!!

BFB--I was looking at my honeymoon pics and was envisioning U in the park skating!!!!I miss England!!!I told DH that we have to get back some day soon!!!!!(I will have this baby first though!!!:lol: )

Lauren-Glad the father-in-law is better!!!!AF has been vicious to U lately!!Hopefully, she is preparing the "house"!!!!

Rabbit--I think U have passed last years mileage!!!!Congrats!!!

Well, off to sit by the fireplace!!!I have been watching Barney and TElletubies all morning and about to scream!!!Had to "see" adults on the internet for awhile!!!!!:D

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!!
Vicki

Juldiet
12-31-2001, 10:56 AM
Hi!

Vicki, take care!!!! You may need to lay off the health club and all the exercise. Talk to your Dr., maybe just some walking or swimming. Please remember the baby comes first. I made the mistake of playing volleyball when preg. with Weston. It pulled and tore a little something and I wasn't allowed to do a thing the whole rest of the pg. I took it very seriously since I had to use firtility drugs to get pg. with him.

Welcome Bev and Kathryn!!!

I thought I did so well but suddenly 2 lbs were added to my scale reading. So I need to redo my valentines goal and make it 5 lbs instead of 3. I don't feel too bad about it this is the first real gain I've had since I started losing. I did try on some of my summer shorts that I haven't worn since before being preg. with Weston. Those shorts are pre-1996!! And they fit great!

I think another family is coming over to visit/play cards tonight. They may not stay till midnight since their kids go to bed around 8:30. Mine are used to being up till 12:30 so we'll greet the New Year. I plan to spend some time in my new journal, plotting my course for 2002. I'll also spend some time transfering things over to 2002 planner pages (need to find where I stashed my refills for my DayTimer!!).

Tomorrow we'll travel to the other side of the lake to see some friends new house they've been building and have dinner with them.

This is pretty exciting for us to have two social engagements in a row! We're usually so busy with business stuff that we don't take time to visit/eat with friends. I'm trying to get DH to take it a bit easy for a couple weeks here in January. May even try and sneak us away for an overnight somewhere...maybe Eureka Springs. - jul

Rabbit
12-31-2001, 12:13 PM
HI ALL!

This place has gotten busy in the last day!:) Can't believe tomorrow is 2002. DH & I are making a new recipe tonight - citrus & bourbon salmon. And will probably watch a movie. My sister wanted us to come to Chicago, but I don't really want to go out of town because I'd worry about the boys - who will be out. And we are going to NY on the 11th (his business trip) so I'm just wanting to stay home & RELAX!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My mileage for this year is 923.242 (last year 879.83, and '99 623.93). I have not exercised the last three days though - it is so cold and I have not gone to the rec ctr.:(

Lauren - yes, it's good to be counting again. I keep going over a little, but I'm making progress. ~ What did you think of the wheat germ and why are you adding it? ~ .5 pts over is great!

Itsmylife - HELLO! And welcome! ~ You are welcome to start your own journal thread or join one of ours. I start a new one on Fridays because I weigh in on Thursday nights. ~ Good luck in reaching your goals! :)

Happy - Welcome back! You sound like you had a great Christmas and are planning a great New Year's! ~ Good luck at your weigh in! ~ DS got me that book for Christmas. He has really enjoyed reading them.

Momsince96 - WELCOME! And Happy Birthday, belated! It's so great to have new people join us. ~ Best of luck on your goals.

RR - take it easy and don't rush that health club. It will always be there and there is no sense it taking any chances.

Jul - sorry about the gain. It'll be gone in no time, I'm sure. You have done so well. Congrats on the shorts fitting!

I have that trip soon and my pants are uncomfortably tight from the holidays.:o What a bummer.

RABBIT

TracyLangford
12-31-2001, 12:57 PM
Hi, I am 36 years old, living in the UK and have a massive weight loss journey to take this year (84lbs) I would love to join you and get inspiration and encouragement from you all as i know i will need all i can get!!!

Tracy

LBH
12-31-2001, 01:46 PM
Hi All,

OK, Im having a really bad day!! :cry: My pie, which looked beautiful going in the oven...I just checked it, because it's been 40 minutes, well, I pulled it out a little, to poke it for doneness, and it jerked and spilled out both sides!!! :mad: I was on the phone with mom at the time. I was soo mad. Got off the phone with her, went into the bathroom to get a q-tip and knocked the candle off the counter...right on my toes!! :cry: DH was there, seeing if I was OK, and grabbed me, in the process I almost stuck the q-tip in my ear!!:eek: After much cursing and almost tears, I'm back. My pie's been baking for 55 minutes and it's still not getting firm in the middle, so I just set the timer for another 15 minutes. Think I'll probably take it out after that, whether it's firm or not, and let it sit. It'll probably firm up as it cools.

Tracy- Welcome!! My, my, we have all these new people!! Please fill out a Bio, on our Bio thread, so we get to learn all about you!! :D

Rabbit- Where in NY will you be?? Will you be in the NJ area?? If so, and you have time, I'd just love to get together if we could?! :cool: The meatballs turned out pretty good, even tastier in DH's sauce! I read somewhere that wheat germ is good for you, and I think a couple spoonfuls supplies a good amount of folic acid. I used to sprinkle it on my oatmeal at my old job, before I knew anything about it. It's not my favorite thing, but hidden in the meatballs, it was pretty good! :D

Jul- Congrats on fitting into those shorts!! :D Enjoy the social activities before you're bogged down again!!

RR- Isn't that funny, I'm spotting too!! :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it's not because I'm pregnant...

Hope you all are having a better day than me!! :D

Backfor 2002
12-31-2001, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone!

I have been away from this group for so long and have been feeling it. I would like to join again for 2002. I have really found that not being connected here has had a severe impact on how well I have been doing.

I have spent the past week going over the old posts and catching up. You all have been very BUSY!

RR Congrats on the little refman! I am very happy for you.

Jul, I am so sorry about Levi. I know how devistating that is.

Tech, Congrats on your wedding! (See how long it's been since I was here)

Hello to everyone! I am looking forward to 2002 and a fresh start.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Nanci

LBH
12-31-2001, 02:35 PM
NANCI!!!

It's soo great to see you!! In fact, I think we were just talking about all the old gang like a week ago!! I hope things have been good for you, besides being out of touch with us!! :lol: Please fill us in on what you've been up to! And go do your bio on the new Bio thread!! :D

Backfor 2002
12-31-2001, 03:22 PM
Lauren,

Thanks for the welcome!

So much has been going on! I am not even sure when I quit checking in here.

We have been busy as usual. We have finally completed some serious remodeling of the house. It has turned out very nice. What a big hassle. though. The only thing I have left that I want to do is refinish all of our hardwood floors in the living room and dining room. The DH looked at me like I had lost my marbles so I think I will wait awhile before I bring that up again.

Work is keeping us both very busy. My company has had lots of reduction in staff. That is just not a fun thing to go through. I came back from 10 days in Mexico to have to tell 35 ppl they were out of work the first part of December. It just is plain hard. It makes it so much worse as the economy is so darn bad right now. We have so many friends that are out of work.

Everyone is doing well on the home front. Both stepkids are still out living on their own. I get missing them but then just invite them to dinner and then send them on their way. :dizzy:

Have you all heard from Kymber or Legal lately?

Have a safe and happy new year.

BigFatBooty
12-31-2001, 10:57 PM
Well it's 3.53am here. Not up by choice, hubby is (cough, cough) *ill* :lol: . Hope all of you have a daintier start to 2002.

BTW - a special welcome to the newbies, gotta dash........ sick patient calling.........:s:

RoadRunner
01-01-2002, 12:09 AM
Happy ALmost New Year!!!!!!!!
Welcome back Nanci!!!!!
Watched 2 good movies and off to cuddle and countdown!!!!

Traci-WElcome to the group!!!
Vicki

LBH
01-01-2002, 12:49 AM
HAPPYNEWYEAR!!!!

It's 12:49 AM here in NJ and we just got home from the inlaws. MIL fell asleep around 10:00, that's really late for her...she's usually in bed by 8:30!! FIL stayed awake, I was in and out of napping!! :lol: Man, I'm getting old!!

Hope you all have a great celebration as it hits midnight in your time zone!! :D

LBH
01-01-2002, 10:36 AM
Hi All,

Hope everyone has recovered...or is in the process, this AM. I didn't fall asleep until around 2:00, and was awake at 7:30, up a little after 8:00! :dizzy: For a few reasons, my New Year's is not starting off on a good note. I really cried myself to sleep and didn't wake up feeling much better. Today I have to act happy and go see all my family. It's the one day a year the whole family gets together, all the cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. There will be 21 people at my aunt's house, and I'd rather stay home and mope and feel sorry for myself.

RoadRunner
01-01-2002, 02:53 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

I watched DH and SD#1 pop fireworks from the window!!!SD#2 woke up and she sat in my lap and enyoyed them also!!!!

Today we have been sitting around doing nothing and I am enjoying every bit of it!!!It is soo weird like AF just visited..It started on Friday--then today it is like it is finishing...My stress is way down cuz I have to believe that all is ok and if not it was never meant to be...Cant wait to see my little boy/girl again tomorrow!!!!!!I may take a belly pic and post it soo U can laugh!!!!:smug: :smug: Definately different!!!!!!

Lauren--Hope the day is going better!!!!!
Take care all!!!!
RR

LBH
01-01-2002, 08:15 PM
Hi All,

Just got home from my Aunt's house. It was a nice day, really nice to see my cousins that live in CA and CO, and to meet my one cousin's girlfriend, possibly soon to be fiance! She seems very nice, and can take the humor of my uncle!! I'm feeling a little better than I was this AM.

Hope everyone had a great day!

RoadRunner
01-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Good Morning!!!!
It snowed last night!!!!First time since 1987!!!!!!Kind of cool to see when I went to work at 4am...The only problem was couldn't wake up anyone else to enjoy!!!!!:lol: :lol:

The interstate was closed and it was a mess getting to work and from work!!Off to Doc #1 to get a throat culture and then Doc #2 to get the ultrasound@@
Vicki

Rabbit
01-02-2002, 02:29 PM
HI ALL! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Tomorrow night I go back to ww - it will be embarassing - but I HAVE to do it in order to get started all over again. I'm ticked at myself for gaining like I did over the holidays & having to relose this weight! Silly me.

Tracey - Welcome!! Good luck with your weight loss goals.:)

Lauren - we will be in Manhattan. ~ Did you taste the wheat germ on your oatmeal? ~ Why are you so blue? It's cool that your whole family gets together for new year's day!

NANCI - HELLO!!:D Great to hear from you - glad to have you back. We do hear from Legal occasionally and Kymber not as often.

RR - cool that you got snow! Some of my family/friends were just in your neck of the woods for the bowl game. ~ Hope all goes well at the doctor for you today.:)

RABBIT

LBH
01-02-2002, 02:55 PM
Hi All,

It feels sooo good to be back to a normal schedule!! I never thought I'd hear myself say that, but it really is great! There was some crap food laying out today, but I avoided it...instead of taking the piece of choc. pie that I kept looking at, I took a small handful of M&M's...maybe 10-15 of them...2 pts?? Whatever, it was better than the pie! I'm really hungry today, have to get my body back into not eating soo much mode, you know what I mean?

Rabbit- I usually have the wheat germ on oatmeal when I make it at home, like from regular oatmeal, not the packaged stuff. The turkey meatballs turned out great though! They were a little bland without sauce on them, but I don't think that's because of the wheat germ, I think it's just that it's turkey, ya' know? They were delicious in the sauce! How did your salmon turn out?
Manhatten is just over the GW Bridge. Are you staying overnight, or for the weekend? Maybe the four of us can get together for dinner or something, if you want? We're probably about 45 minutes from the city. Are you staying in NY or NJ? You can stay much less expensively in NJ, I'm sure. Depending on where in the city you have to go, you could stay in the Secaucus area, which is outside the Lincoln Tunnel, or the Fort Lee/Teaneck area, which is outside the George Washington Bridge, or the Jersey City area, which is outside the Holland Tunnel. If you need any help finding a place, let me know. Oh, I was just moping because I want it all and now... :rolleyes:

RR- Be careful in the snow, I know all you southerners lose your mind in the snow... :lol: ... :p How did the ultrasound go?! I'm dying to see pics!!

Nanci- Nice to see you're still making the Mexico trip! :D Sucks to be a boss and have to tell people they're being let go I guess...especially right before the holidays. I can't believe companies do that!! It's just wrong.

Hope everyone's having a great day!

elisa822
01-02-2002, 02:56 PM
I hate myself for it but it's true - I really have no willpower which is why I can't keep certain foods in the house and do okay without them. But in the last few weeks there has been so much chocolate around home and at work that I've been so bad. I'm trying to just tell myself that it's never too late to just stop! (if that makes any sense?) I got rid of everything at home but I came in today and clearly other people feel the same way about getting the chocolate out of their homes, and brought it all to work!

I had done so well the last few months and I know I haven't erased all that but I still feel guilty. I have to get back to the gym and get back to good eating. Thankfully my husband is still with me on the diet front so I think things will steadily improve over the next few days. Today was bad but better than yesterday and I might even be able to stay within my points if I eat a really sensible dinner. I hate the way I feel and I'm scared to get on the scale so I'm going to try to wait until I have a good couple of days in a row and then I'll check the damage. I'm trying so hard to get below 150 but I fear I might be closer to 160 right now. My official XMAS goal was 156 and I think I made that but right now, who knows?

Sorry about the venting but it helps me get things in perspective. I think if I try to check in here more often just to say how I'm doing it might help but sometimes I don't have enough time to respond to everyone so I don't write anything - you know?

That's it for me I guess, now that I have a minute let's see how everyone's doing......

Rabbit - As you can see we're kind of all in the same boat with the holiday eating but it's a new year with a new goal and we can do it. I guess we all have to not let the setbacks stop us!!

RR - funny that you have snow and we don't!!! But I'm sure yours didn't last too long. Hope the doctors appointments went okay and let us know how you're doing.

Lauren - hope you're doing better today than you seemed to be doing yesterday and I hope it wasn't more than a mild case of the blues - if that's true I've been there.

BFB - how's your hubby doing? and how's your battle against the pringles??

Welcome to all the new and returning people - hope everyone feels welcome to jump in and let us know how you're doing.

Elisa

BigFatBooty
01-02-2002, 03:20 PM
Hi all

In the battle of Pringles vs BFB - I am afraid at the moment the pringles are winning. One redeeming feature though is that I have not polished off as much as I am able to normally - not that keen, but today the only thing I can taste is pringles. Bit of a sore throat developing......Planned to start exercising again today, but he combination of AF and a sore throat put paid to that. Can you believe I had an eye infection for Christmas and a sore throat for the New Year :eek:

Hubby is much better. I don't feel that sorry for him, because it was self inflicted. To be blunt, I have never seen so much vodka, wine and port re-appear :s: I think it was called "Bringing in the New Year - again". We have been married for nearly four years and we've known each other for nearly ten years and I have never seen him drunk before. I am not a drinker, one glass of wine and I have to go to bed, coz I get a bit giggly. So anyway, I fell asleep before the New Year arrived and heard him bashing into things, so I ignored him.

A lot more banging later and I started to get mad. Eventually when I heard him being "ill" I thought I had better go investigate. Suffice to say I spent the early hours of New Year tending to my husband and watching him sleep on the sofa, while I stayed up to see if he was OK. The things we do for love. But I have already warned him it won't happen again. He remembers everything, especially me saying (sorry this might be too graphic for those with an active imagination) "keep your head over the bowl/bucket/basin" :lol:

Anyway, by now I may have put everyone off their evening meal. Good, coz when you all lose weight this week, I will take the credit for it :smug:

C U Later

LBH
01-02-2002, 04:02 PM
Aww...poor Mr. BFB!! :lol: Not too graphic for me, I'm a nurse's kid...used to hearing those things during meals!! :lol:

Elisa- Come on hon, pull yourself up and get a little will power!! I only caved a little today, and it was pure loss of will power!! I small handful of M&M's and a 2 bar kit kat...could've been worse!! I'm really trying to get the water in to fill me up though, since my tummy not used to being soo empty!! We have to re-train ourselves!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :D :D

happyface
01-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Wow! You all have been busy! :)

Welcome back Nanci!! :) I was asking about you not long ago! We hear from Legal.. she's been here since I've been back. Not heard from Kymber in awhile! It is great to have you back!

I had a wonderful New Year's. Lots of Laughing! We played pictionary, which is hard to get the guys to agree but my friend and I really push for it. So many laughs. The kids were funny too!

I am back at work and made some new resolutions. I am serious about getting healthy. I have no house to do projects on like last year... so I am goign to make my Main focus getting healthy. I have planned to lose at least 62 pounds this year (more would be good!) If I lose 7 this month and then 5 every month after that I will be on schedule (again, more would be good, especially to help with October through December). Here's my problem though. I need help with this.... I drank water... I had vegetables with dinner.... I had a healthy lunch and breakfast... but when I got home (for about an hour) I ate a little of this and a little of that... I just eat stuff...I need help controlling that... The right after I get home binge.

RR, I want your snow! :)

Ok, I have to go.. I will try to reply later... sorry! Little guy needs me. :)

dani :)

Backfor 2002
01-02-2002, 09:49 PM
Hi!

Ok tomorrow is the big day back to WW. I am really excited, for two reasons. !) A friend I made years ago at WW (when I made lifetime) is a leader and she will be doing an evening class on Thursdays. We met about a month into our weight loss efforts before and have been good friends ever since. She has been working as a receptionist for them since then and started leading about a year ago. 2) The DH has said he wants to go with me. I think this is going to be so helpful to me. I can't wait to see his face when they tell him how many points chocolate is! He tried telling me tonight that he is 6'1. He is really 5'10 or 11. I am betting on the 10 he swears 11.

We had a nice NY's. We had a bunch of friends over. Everyone spent the night and we had a big slumber party. I was very proud of myself I got up and went for a walk. I decided I wanted to start the New Year out right. How are we tracking miles these days?

BFB, Oh your poor husband. I was giggling reading your post.

RR, What movies did you watch? We have been on a movie kick lately. I want to go see Ocean's 11 for the eye candy.
I don't know if I told you or not but I finally made it to New Orleans. I went for a work incentive and we stayed at the Ritz. We had a good time. We went on one of those City tours, that is usually not my thing but I loved it. What a lot of history that town has. The cemetaries are different than anything I had ever seen.

Lauren, I am glad you are feeling better. Everyone needs a pity party once in awhile.

Rabbit, We will be facing the music together tomorrow night. I am starting to think it might be worse than I have been anticipating. I have decided not to get on the scale before I go.

Elisa, I know what you mean. Some food just should not come through our front doors.

Dani, It sounds like you all had a wonderful New Years.

LBH
01-03-2002, 07:11 AM
Hi All,

Vicki asked me to post a message for her. She went for her sonogram yesterday and her little angel died sometime between Friday and yesterday. :cry: She is going for a D&C Friday. Please keep her and Refman and their baby in your prayers. She will try and be back here next week.

Vicki, we love you, and we'll all be thinking about you and praying for you and your family.

BigFatBooty
01-03-2002, 07:21 AM
I've just logged on and seen the news.

I know nothing that we say can take the pain away, but I am thinking and praying for Vicki and Refman and their angel.

elisa822
01-03-2002, 08:05 AM
I just read Lauren's note and I am so sorry. I had a little cry for you and Vicki just know we're thinking about you and praying for your family.

Juldiet
01-03-2002, 09:12 AM
Vicki, I'm so sorry. Your going thru a very difficult time. I'll be praying for strength and comfort. That God will help you deal with your sadness and hurt and anger. God bless you. - jul

Rabbit
01-03-2002, 01:02 PM
Vicki - I am so so sorry. You will all be in my thought and prayers.

Rabbit

Rabbit
01-03-2002, 01:16 PM
Lauren - I am always glad to get back to a normal schedule - guess I'm just a routine girl! ~ I know EXACTLY what you mean about getting your body back to a not eating so much mode. ~ About my upcoming trip, we will be staying in Manhattan. We are going with dh's partner & his wife, so I'm afraid I won't have much free time. Sorry! Thanks for all the info, dh already has the hotel plans - lots of sales. ~ glad your turkey meatballs turned out great. I use it ground up most of the time. The salmon turned out good.

Elisa - I don't have willpower either. Dr. Phil says (I love the guy!) that we should not count on willpower to get us through because sometimes it is just not there. We should PLAN our way to success (like not having that stuff around - my typical way of doing it also - holidays made that tough). ~ I'm with you, I have no intention of letting this setback stop me! ~ And I am POSITIVE that you can do this! You have done so awesome and I KNOW you can get back on track.

BFB - GET WELL!

Happy - what an awesome plan! Good luck! And my only advice on the eating when you get home is suckers, like tootsie pops. They last a long time & keep you busy!

Nanci - Cool that you are so excited about ww! I need that to rub off. ~ I usually post my miles weekly. I don't know if anyone else is planning to track or not. ~ I am going to HATE getting on that scale tonight.:o

have a good day everyone.

RABBIT

happyface
01-03-2002, 04:38 PM
OH my heart sunk. I am so sorry, Vicki. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

love, dani

Backfor 2002
01-04-2002, 12:03 AM
Vicky,

I am so very sorry! Please know my thoughts are with you and your family.

Love
Nanci

RoadRunner
01-04-2002, 08:29 AM
I was scared to write because I was embarrassed for being a failure..I am soo sick inside but will be better in 9hrs when I can close that chapter in my life...Refman named it Jamie since we will never know if it was a boy or girl...I am scared of today..but too scared to wait for nature to make it better in a few weeks...
Thanks again for the support
Vicki

BigFatBooty
01-04-2002, 08:41 AM
RR

I would have sent this by PM - but I just think everyone needs to see this.

You are not a failure. Sometimes things happen in our lives and we don't understand why. But under no circumstances are you a failure. This is not very eloquent and I know what I want to say, but am struggling to find the right words.

Just to let you know again that you are loved, we are thinking and praying for you and your family and you are not a failure.

If there is anything we can all do in anyway, please let us know.

Love

BFB (Denise)

elisa822
01-04-2002, 09:39 AM
Vicki - I think I understand why you feel that way but I think it's too hard to see things clearly right now and in no way are you a failure. In time I'm sure you'll see that and I won't say this is for the best because I don't pretend to know why things happen but you have to believe in the end everything will work out and you'll be okay again.

Take care of yourself and know we're thinking of you.

Elisa

LBH
01-04-2002, 10:04 AM
Hi All,

RR- Sent a PM reply to you. You and Refman are going to come through this just fine, and you are not a failure!! Glad to see you post though.

Rabbit- Oh well, have fun in NY, maybe someday we can all get together somewhere!

Nanci- How did WW go? What did DH think?!

Dani- Night time is the hardest time for me too. If I could afford to, I'd hire a personal chef...or at least have only pre-made meals in the house, so all I have to do is heat them!! Man, it's hard enough getting the LC's for lunch.

Have a good day all...

Juldiet
01-04-2002, 10:55 AM
Vicki: nope, not a failure. Words can never say what a hug and a good cry can. Please know that we're all hugging you and crying with you today. Please remind us again of when Jamie's due date would of been. I know that will be a tough time for you too. I usually try to make a little donation to our local crisis pregnancy center when any of my friends lose babies. I'll be making one in honor of Jamie. - jul

Rabbit
01-04-2002, 11:07 AM
Vicki - I just want to reiterate what everyone else is saying - you are not a failure! I am so sorry for your loss and your pain. I think Jul's idea of making a donation to the local crisis pregnancy center in honor of Jamie is really sweet. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Lauren - Thanks for thinking of it though!:) ~ Have you ever tried turkey Italian sausage? It's pretty good - I've used in pasta sauces, on pizza, and in lasagna.

Rabbit

LBH
01-04-2002, 11:19 AM
Rabbit- Yes, I've had it at my in-laws, with beans and macaroni. DH will eat it, but he'd rather have good ol' sweet italian sausage! :rolleyes: I guess it's for the same reason he won't use part-skim mozz., or riccotta! I told him he'd never know the difference, but he won't go for it.

LBH
01-04-2002, 04:15 PM
I just called Bennigan's to find out if I could get some nutritional information from them. The girl said no, I said why not, doesn't anyone ever ask for it, she said yes, often and it's something they're working on this year. I said, so maybe sometime this year we'll see it, she said hopefully, because many people have asked, including people there in her office.

Hey, she coulda been totally BSing me, but maybe there's hope!! ;)

happyface
01-04-2002, 05:05 PM
Oh Vicki, you have too much to bear already without you taking this on as your fault! You are not a failure! We don't always know why this happens.. it is sad and painful and it is a huge loss... it happened TO you and not BECAUSE of you.

Hugs and tears...

love,
dani

happyface
01-04-2002, 05:09 PM
I didn't feel comfortable switching gears so fast in the same post.

Rabbit thanks for your idea about the tootsie pops. I think that will work for me. I will try it.

Lauren, my bad time is from 4 through 7 ish... depends on when I eat dinner. But after dinner I do ok. I eat the Smart Ones for lunch. I usually pack a yogurt and a balance bar also to eat at some time during the day.

I have to go now. Will check in this weekend.

Love,
dani :)

Backfor 2002
01-04-2002, 09:44 PM
Vick,

I am sending you all of the same warm thoughts as everyone else here. I can't begin to understand what you are going through but I do know you are NOT a failure.

We all care so much about you! We are thinking of your family including Jamie.

Nanci

Backfor 2002
01-04-2002, 09:46 PM
WW went fine last night. The scale was not pretty but I was not expecting it to be.

It was pretty funny we got home and DH figured out how much a normal day is in points and he would have exceeded his allowance by noon.

I am feeling motivated. It is amazing though how when you get back on track you become consumed with thinking of food. Always planning that next bite.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Backfor 2002
01-04-2002, 09:47 PM
Lauren,
It is kind of cool, I can see you are online.

LBH
01-04-2002, 10:15 PM
Hi All,

Well, I had a not too good points day today. AF is here wrecking havoc on me as usual. :( I don't think I'm gonna have a loss this week, although I have noticed that my face is a bit thinner. My face is the first place I lose or gain, so I always know how I'm doing!

Nanci- Yeah, I pop on and off all day! :D I'm completely obsessed wiht these boards and the internet in general lately!! :lol: That must've been some wake-up call for DH!! :eek:

Vicki- Hope everything went OK today. I'm still here thinking about you and praying for you.

Getting sleepy... Have to get lots done this weekend, I brought home a few big boxes for linens and plastics and things. Want to try and get a lot packed this weekend.

RoadRunner
01-05-2002, 10:09 AM
Good Morning
I am back from the hospital and feeling pretty good..Mentally, I feel a burden is lifted..I was given a Valium as soon as I got to the hopital(crying like a fool) and it made things alot better..Everyone was soo wonderful, they even have a social worker to talk with U and your husband before...I lost over 600cc of blood soo had to stay longer to get a Pitocin drip to make the uterus contract...NO healthclub for a few weeks the doc said..I told Refman I was going anyway and he laughed and said it may be better if I could stand up straight before going. :)
He is still hurting mentally--so I had to pull it together to help him..
Love U guys(ok ya'll!!!!:D )
Thanks for the well wishes!!!!!
Vicki

Rabbit
01-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Vicki - glad you are home & feeling better. :) Listen to your docotor & take it easy for awhile. You need to regain your strength. Take good care of yourself.

Rabbit

Rabbit
01-05-2002, 12:20 PM
hi all.

It was tough going back to ww the other night (embarassing!) but it had to be done & I'm glad I did it. Day one went fine. Glad to be back to my routine again.

Lauren - I know I love the real stuff too! But the turkey's pretty good.

Happy - I did the tootsie pop thing yesterday after my salad at lunch when I was craving something sweet (from having all the goodies in the house all the time). Anyway, it worked.

Nanci - glad your ww went fine. It's good to be back, huh? And it great to hear from you all the time!

Dh & I went to the rec ctr this morning - I did 20 minutes walking & 20 minutes on the bike. Hooray! So happy he wanted to go too - maybe he'll go tomorrow also!

have a good weekend.

Rabbit

Backfor 2002
01-05-2002, 12:42 PM
Happy Saturday everyone!

Vick, Please take the Dr's advice and lay low. I hope you are feeling ok today.

Lauren, The face is the first place I start noticing it as well. I wish I could have it come off the fanny first!

Rabbit, Great job on the rec center. It does feel good to be back on track.

The DH is thinking he is starving. He is very excited though. He loaded the ww software to his palm pilot. He is such a techno nerd I am sure he will track all the time because of that. Hey whatever works.

Do any of you read Womans World magazine? If so did you happen to see an article awhile back on this exercise program called TTAPP? It is this program that is suppose to help you lose inches very fast. Well I went to their web sight and read all about it. I was pretty sceptical and thought about it for a long time. I finally broke down and ordered the tapes. I am not sure if it is going to work as well as they say but I have to tell you I am sore. I can't believe how achy I am. It is one of those aches that you know you have been working hard.

I went through all of my WW cookbooks and planned dinners for the next week. I am figuring that I need to be planning and prepared.

Well I just have been going on and on here.