40-Somethings - where is the "stick to it"?

View Full Version : where is the "stick to it"?

binklemansbabies
08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Why do people (perhaps just me) keep starting diets almost daily. I mess up and then think ok, tomorrow I will try again. One motivation was when we were going on vacation to the Carribean and I thought I needed to fit into a swim suit. I could sure diet and exercise then. Now, just cant's seem to find the motivation or the "stick to it ness". Any helpful suggestions/thoughts?:^:

Suzanne 3FC
08-13-2007, 06:24 PM
I admit that I've felt that way a few times in the past. It's human nature, to a point :hug:

One thing that might help is not saying you'll try again tomorrow, since that leaves you with the rest of the day to make more mistakes. Doing better starts with the next bite, and it's possible to save a day that way :)

GirlyGirlSebas
08-13-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi! For many of us, it took a revelation that living fat and unhealthy for the rest of our lives was no longer an option. Up until then, I started and re-started many diets, but I'm no longer merely on a "diet." I am literally changing the way I live...forever. A diet has a begnning and an end. I will never be able to go back to eating the way I was before I began this journey. I will always have to eat healthy, watch the calories and exercise. Basically, it just comes down to committment. Are you willing to committ to changing the way you eat for the rest of your life? When this becomes a daily committment, then there is no reason to quit after eating off-plan just once.....pick yourself up and keep going. Just think, this time next month, this winter, next year,etc etc...you can be thinner and healthier than today.

feelingroovy
08-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I couldn't have said better Rhonda!! Once you get to your ideal weight, you want to stick to it because of the way you look and feel as well! What helps me stay on track is having goal jeans or a dress that I want to fit into. Trying on these goal clothes every once in a while helps me to see my progress and evaluate how much more I have to go. They are the biggest incentives for me to "stick to it" and of course, what Rhonda said, to want to live a healthier and happier life.